PDA

View Full Version : The Root of Cunny's Problems....

jloome
06-22-2008, 09:24 AM
....it would seem to me, is that he's absolutely no good to us at home.

He's always been one-dimensional: use the first touch to create space, then blow by his defender, whether that's off a long ball or a target man's knock on. But at BMO, every team we play packs the back. There is essentially no space for him to run into, because his defender is always laying back anyway, just covering his part of the pitch.

On the road, when teams are continually trying to pressure us (ala dC and houston) he's a good late option because it's easier to catch them on the break.

So really, we've got a guy that even at his best will never get the type of chances here that he got with Columbus, where they played a counterattack and they had McBride to feed Cunningham into space.

So logically, regardless of the fact that we all know he's mentally fucked by the whole 100 goal thing/effort required, he's already no good to the system we're playing most of the time.

So I wonder who the "couple" of players we should be expecting are?

TFC_Toon
06-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Good points, also the fact he did not acknowledge the support when being subbed off spoke volumes to me.

ExiledRed
06-22-2008, 10:35 AM
The root of Cunny's problems lie in the fact that he's a selfish, useless twat, who wastes chances and doesnt harass the defence for the ball.

Carver's mistake was playing him again as if he actually had anything to do with the 3-1 victory last week.

Bobo
06-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Good point about the away teams' systems. He really shouldn't be used as anything more than a sub when tactics change.

Good points, also the fact he did not acknowledge the support when being subbed off spoke volumes to me.

I'm sure he's caught wind of the boards ripping the shit out of him every day. I wouldn't acknowledge the fans either. Not saying we're wrong for doing it but like everyone and everything else, people go too far with it. Hope Carver doesn't check the boards this week.

kdzb
06-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Good points concerning the way he plays but It's unfortunate that not only he sucks most of the times but he has an ego as well.
He is a kind of a guy that gives more importance to personal stats and milstones than the better of the team.
The longer he stays in this team, the bitter Robert will become. I hope Robert will wake his senses with one of these CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIsjWcLrTsU&feature=related)at one of the practices one day.

TFC-Tyler
06-22-2008, 10:52 AM
He's a lazy twat. He doesnt give two shits about the team it seems, and only cares about individual accolades.

Fiin
06-22-2008, 11:14 AM
The root of Cunny's problems lie in the fact that he's a selfish, useless twat, who wastes chances and doesnt harass the defence for the ball.

Carver's mistake was playing him again as if he actually had anything to do with the 3-1 victory last week.

2nded.

MEU
06-22-2008, 11:14 AM
I was really disappointed in Cunny.. but probably still just half as disappointed as Robert. Cunny could have ran after 3-4 balls but gave up on them or didn't even make an attempt to run at the ball. Robert was PISSED and yelled at Cunny like 2-3 times to run after the ball when he tried to feed him through.

I don't see a very long future for Cunny at TFC. Questionable work ethic, does not read plays very well, his skill has been "solved" by the defenders, and some of his teammates appear to be less than impressed.

Marco2K
06-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Cunny has not value. Mo told us so at a training session 1.5 month ago.

Lazy azz fucker.

Thank god for DD.

ensco
06-22-2008, 11:26 AM

Imo, Cunny played only because Guevara ducked Carver in Honduras, was unreachable, and made no effort to join TFC in Houston, which he might have been able to do as there are direct flights every day between Houston and Tegucigalpa.

It had zip to do with Cunny. He was just the next warm body on the list.

Cunny will simply be released, just like Samuel.

His 128K of cap space, for the rest of 2008, is incredibly valuable, given our cap position.

I've met Jeff, I like him, and I wish him well. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for him here. He may have some ability to be a late substitute elsewhere in MLS, I'm not sure. He just has no chemistry with our guys (which is especially frustrating given that, right after he came over last year, he and DD really were creating chances before they both got hurt).

TFC Tifoso
06-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Imo, Cunny played only because Guevara ducked Carver in Honduras, was unreachable, and made no effort to join TFC in Houston, which he might have been able to do as there are direct flights every day between Houston and Tegucigalpa.

It had zip to do with Cunny. He was just the next warm body on the list.

Cunny will simply be released, just like Samuel.

His 128K of cap space, for the rest of 2008, is incredibly valuable, given our cap position.

I've met Jeff, I like him, and I wish him well. I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for him here. He may have some ability to be a late substitute elsewhere in MLS, I'm not sure. He just has no chemistry with our guys (which is especially frustrating given that, right after he came over last year, he and DD really were creating chances before they both got hurt).

Then why not play Lombardo?...really at this point is there much of a difference? They both can't finish but at least Lombardo will run his ass off.

ExiledRed
06-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I would have played the new Ibrahim kid over Cunny, simple as that. Better to blood new talent than to try and squeeze blood out of a stone.

Dirk Diggler
06-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Then why not play Lombardo?...really at this point is there much of a difference? They both can't finish but at least Lombardo will run his ass off.

Lets not get ridiculous here. Even at this stage of his career, Cunny is an infinitely better choice than Lombardo.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:11 PM
He's a lazy twat. He doesnt give two shits about the team it seems, and only cares about individual accolades.

the same could be said for a few players yesterday Dichio was shite,
wouldn't couldnt run for balls, when heading the ball they all when to KC players....Robert was no where in site....one the other hand wynne was Man of the match he is our leader on the defence...well done Marvell!!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:12 PM
to all the folks calling for Cunny to go....you all did the same to another TFC player last season i said TFC should have kept....Edson buddle....end of!!!

Flipityflu
06-22-2008, 12:15 PM
cunny is past his time...the days of preying on really weak defenders is over. i think smudge has earned his stripes for a little more playing time.

Roogsy
06-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Nah...Edson Buddle was traded because according to Mo, he was also dealing with health issues and wasn't finding his form here. It was a good trade, regardless if Buddle is scoring this year. He is also benefitting from having Landon and Beckham on the team. Galaxy are a scoring force, Buddle is benefitting from that environment. He would not be doing the same for us.

Dirk Diggler
06-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Nah...Edson Buddle was traded because according to Mo, he was also dealing with health issues and wasn't finding his form here. It was a good trade, regardless if Buddle is scoring this year. He is also benefitting from having Landon and Beckham on the team. Galaxy are a scoring force, Buddle is benefitting from that environment. He would not be doing the same for us.

Exactly. Its the good ol' change of scenery deal, although I still think that his trade was bit premature considering that he had no service what so ever while he was in T.O.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Its the good ol' change of scenery deal, although I still think that his trade was bit premature considering that he had no service what so ever while he was in T.O.

he would score on this TFC team...but whats done is done..we did beat them twice!!

bhoybobby
06-22-2008, 02:40 PM
The root of Cunny's problem is that he's a self serving parody of a football player. He could challenge or chase down a granny.

In the 1st 1/2 Dichio flicked on, he didn't bother his bone idle ass chasing, wasn't wher he should've been, no 1st, or 2nd effort, the KC goalie spills the ball, chance missed.

He is FUCKING USELESS, no football I.Q. GHTFN,

ag futbol
06-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Quite honestly, we are a defensively minded team and most strikers in this league are going to struggle to score with us.

But at the same time, we are really really lacking up front.

Blizzard
06-22-2008, 02:49 PM
The root of Cunny's problem is that he's a self serving parody of a football player. He could challenge or chase down a granny.

In the 1st 1/2 Dichio flicked on, he didn't bother his bone idle ass chasing, wasn't wher he should've been, no 1st, or 2nd effort, the KC goalie spills the ball, chance missed.

He is FUCKING USELESS, no football I.Q. GHTFN,

He makes the rest of the team look bad. They pass the ball to him and he loses it. They pass the ball to the open space where he is supposed to be headed, he's not there because he didn't make the run ... interception. It makes Robert, Dichio, Ricketts, Cunningham, Guevara and Edu look bad.

Roogsy
06-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Can you imagine if we had a true DP striker? A real finisher?

Oh man...I am drooling.

Like a Torres or Drogba?

We need someone who has at least half their talent. Cunny has survived his career on his speed, but that's gone.