PDA

View Full Version : Morgan Campbell Blog-Post-game thoughts

denime
06-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Post-game thoughts

In no particular order....

1. Where were they going?
About 80 minutes in I noticed people leaving the game.
A tie game.
Huh?
Granted, Saturday's game was just a little dull, especially early on. After the first half I turned to Mark Polishuk from MLSnet.com and told him I was having a Homer Simpson moment -- like that episode where he gave up drinking for a month and went to a baseball game sober.
"I never realized how boring this game is without beer...."
Now before people go complaining to my bosses that I'm getting tipsy in the press box, understand that I take my job kind of seriously, so I don't drink and write. And it's not about the beer anyway. My point is that until Amado Guevara came on (more on that later), the game was dull.
Still don't know if that justifies leaving early, especially when you've paid to be there.
If it's a 3-0 game and you've got to get home by 7 to catch the first pitch of the Blue Jays game, then leave early. The outcome is clear.
But if I spend money on tickets and the game's still undecided I'm sticking around. Even if it's boring.

2. Streamers

Read more (http://thestar.blogs.com/torontofc/2008/06/post-game-thoug.html)

greatwhitenorf
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
People leaving. Sat at two different locations and saw more new faces in nearby seats than any previous game. Lot of people must have looked at this game, crappy KC's second visit and poor weather forecast, as a good day to earn some brownie points with friends and family by giving their seats away.

Weather turned out fine, but the game was still a pooch. I don't blame newcomers for leaving early. And I bet there weren't a dozen TFC fans racing away to catch baseball.

djking2
06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Once again the July 15 transfer window? I wish someone could give a definitive explanation of which date (June 15/July15) is which