PDA

View Full Version : Post Game: Toronto v. Kansas City

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 04:58 PM
Discuss

TFC USA
06-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Things That Sucked: Toledo, Nigel Reed, De Guzman, DeRo, TOLEDO TOLEDO TOLEDO!!!!

Annoying 0-0 draw but a point is a point.

SteeltownBhoy
06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
YUCK!!!!!

TFC USA
06-05-2010, 05:01 PM
Seriously, I could go on and on about Toledo and De Guzman, but what the fuck is up with Nigel Reed today? The Barrett/DeRo thing was the most embarrassing piece of commentary I can remember.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 05:02 PM
A forgettable match, but oddly, a match I think we should take heart in.

First, THE BAD:
- Baldomero Toledo in the 1st half. Nothing needs to be said.
- Julian de Guzman's three precious botched chances. Not a good game for him.
- Dwayne de Rosario's many offside calls.
- Poor passing from the midfield - JDG in particular.

Now, THE GOOD:
- Another stout defensive performance. Kansas City only had one good chance the entire game.
- While we didn't score, we DID create clear quality chances, even after going down a man. We didn't go into a shell, we didn't get listless, and we didn't fall apart. This is something to take heart in.
- Our unbeaten streak at home is still alive.
- Another clean sheet for Frei.
- The season is long.

A draw this afternoon is not ideal, as we all know. But unlike previous years when things weren't clicking, we didn't fall to pieces. We did what good teams do - rely on their defense to stand tall, and try to force a ball through. And with some better finishing, we may very well have done that.

I'm not thrilled with a single point, but these guys have earned some slack from us. Sometimes things just don't come together quite right, and despite that, we still came away with a point. The team never seemed able to get back into a rhythm, after the Garcia red card.

I hope JDG and Barrett's injuries aren't serious, and let's look forward to coming back strong from the break!

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Until someone merges them:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=23063

- Scott

WestStandGeoff
06-05-2010, 05:04 PM
On the plus side, at least Garcia doesn't start the next match!

Oldtimer
06-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Not De Guzman's best game -- clearly his injury was bothering him.

manic.street.preacher
06-05-2010, 05:10 PM
^truly forgettable, yeah ... it looked like they were mentally already on their world cup break ... JDG was really off today ... and it certainly doesn't help that the ref is the big distraction that he's become, to the point where even casual fans know that with Toledo comes trouble. 41 red cards in 90 matches? that's ridiculous.

__wowza
06-05-2010, 05:12 PM
i'll just leave this here..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJeTTpJWP-g

deltox
06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
So Garcia and jdg are out next game?

Island Man
06-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Not a great match at all tbh. Most players were poor. At least there is a nice long break now.

woolly
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Our players didn't seem to have it together and could rarely get a good pass through to the forwards. The reffing was abysmal. KC defended quite strongly.

In previous years we would have coughed up a late goal, but this really feels like a loss. Hopefully JDG will heal and the rest of the boys will ahve time to reflect on this over the next 2 weeks before LA.

Gazza_55
06-05-2010, 05:20 PM
What was with the grass? The ball was bouncing all over the place. JDG would send a pass 5 feet away to Dero and it would take at least 3 crazy hops.

deltox
06-05-2010, 05:26 PM
So it's the grass? I thought his passes were to long

pekduck
06-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Passes were too long. I think it's due to his time off from the injuries. With the grass and the Jabulani ball, his weighting on passes are still not back to normal yet. It takes a game or two to adjust. Last outing in the rain is different with all the water, rain and wind, the heavier pass were nullified by natural elements.

Toledo can go to hell. Worse than my house league ref. Inconsistent and totally retarded calls and non-calls.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Passes were too long. I think it's due to his time off from the injuries. With the grass and the Jabulani ball, his weighting on passes are still not back to normal yet. It takes a game or two to adjust. Last outing in the rain is different with all the water, rain and wind, the heavier pass were nullified by natural elements.

Toledo can go to hell. Worse than my house league ref. Inconsistent and totally retarded calls and non-calls.

That is true. I suppose the only time JDG had on the field before this game, was the rain soaked minutes he played on Wednesday.

- Scott

Gazza_55
06-05-2010, 05:38 PM
So it's the grass? I thought his passes were to long

It was not just him. It was everybody's passes. Are they having concerts on the field?

LesH
06-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Absolutely nothing else to remember from this game that was a shit refereeing and we lost 2 points.

We have +2 in the "points won as visitor / points lost at home" standings, and this is for me the real standings.

At this point in this season I believe our biggest problem for the rest of the season will be scoring.
I fear Barrett is cooling off, and then only Dero is a real scorer, but if he's having an off day, we most likely are a toothless team.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Absolutely nothing else to remember from this game that was a shit refereeing and we lost 2 points.

We have +2 in the "points won as visitor / points lost at home" standings, and this is for me the real standings.

At this point in this season I believe our biggest problem for the rest of the season will be scoring.
I fear Barrett is cooling off, and then only Dero is a real scorer, but if he's having an off day, we most likely are a toothless team.

Barrett wasn't great today, but he wasn't total balls either. Sent a good ball to DeRo in the box (when he got knocked over), that ended up directly leading to one of JDG's heartbreaking missed chances.

Aside from that, he just had absolutely no service from the midfield. JDG, Labrocca, Sanyang, Peterson - none of them seemed to be able to connect a pass to DeRo or Barrett. And it didn't help that DeRo was chronically offside all afternoon, when a decent ball did filter through to him.

Just a rough outing for us on the attacking end. I think saying Barrett is "cooling off" is a little premature, considering he scored last game. World class strikers generally score roughly once every two matches.

- Scott

LesH
06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Barrett wasn't great today, but he wasn't total balls either. Sent a good ball to DeRo in the box (when he got knocked over), that ended up directly leading to one of JDG's heartbreaking missed chances.

Aside from that, he just had absolutely no service from the midfield. JDG, Labrocca, Sanyang, Peterson - none of them seemed to be able to connect a pass to DeRo or Barrett. And it didn't help that DeRo was chronically offside all afternoon, when a decent ball did filter through to him.

Just a rough outing for us on the attacking end. I think saying Barrett is "cooling off" is a little premature, considering he scored last game. World class strikers generally score roughly once every two matches.

- Scott

You're right, today our midfield had a bad game.
I wasn't expressing myself clearly enough, what I meant was that I'm fearing Chad will be cooling off.

Anyways, the point is we very much need a new signing, a good, "purebred" forward.
I can't see White as a solution.

LesH
06-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Things That Sucked: Toledo, Nigel Reed, De Guzman, DeRo, TOLEDO TOLEDO TOLEDO!!!!

I see 2 points lost here, not the point we "won".

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 06:04 PM
We still need more depth all over the place, and that problem is still all on Mo.

- Scott

RealG-TFC
06-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I only watched the second half. It was boring and frustrating.

SamK
06-05-2010, 06:06 PM
I think JDG played really well, he had two missed chances that couldve been goals. But his control was amazing, he was the only one really moving towards the end of the game

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Why hasn't Toledo been fired yet? GOD HE'S AWFUL!

On the side note, watch the Sitter from last week...

Lalas goes off on how MLS reffing is about the same as the rest of the world...

What a moron.

deltox
06-05-2010, 06:13 PM
I think JDG played really well, he had two missed chances that couldve been goals. But his control was amazing, he was the only one really moving towards the end of the game

what game was you watching?

greatwhitenorf
06-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Travelled about the grounds today. Saw neither hide nor hair of Nigel Reed. Did he leave a toilet seat up?

Gixmo
06-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Nigel was on the CBC broadcast?

dag
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Why did Garcia even start the match?

De Guzman had a terrible game. His passes were abysmal - it wasn't the grass, his touches were always too strong for the intended player. There also appeared to be a uniform breakdown of communication among the players, with misreads of potential plays.

Clearly, the red card seriously affected Toronto's strategy for the remaijnder of the game. The KC ejection made the field more wide open, but there didn't appear to be any concerted effort by either side to try to force a victory. I found the game a bit of a snoozefest, actually.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
He's referring to some pretty bad calls Nigel made on the TV broadcast. Just the usual stuff - wrong names, numbers, etc. It has never bothered me very much, but apparently some people really hate it.

- Scott

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
JDG had a poor game, especially in the 2nd half...but I'd argue it was due to injury and that had we not suffered an unnecessary STRAIGHT RED CARD from a MORON REFEREE, we wouldn't have made 2 subs at half and we would have had the opportunity to sub him out when we was injured...

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Why did Garcia even start the match?

Because he's played well recently, and did a decent job today until he was unjustly sent off?

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Garcia has done nothing recently to not deserve the start, and he looked perfectly fine until he got Toledo'd.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Also, can we merge this with the stickied post-game thread?

- Scott

LesH
06-05-2010, 06:21 PM

:picard:

Nerepis
06-05-2010, 06:21 PM
JDG had a poor game, especially in the 2nd half...but I'd argue it was due to injury and that had we not suffered an unnecessary STRAIGHT RED CARD from a MORON REFEREE, we wouldn't have made 2 subs at half and we would have had the opportunity to sub him out when we was injured...

Yes, Preki doesn't seem to leave too much on the table, but I still have nightmares about Chris Cummins not playing all his Subs and it tended to bite us in the ass.

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes, Preki doesn't seem to leave too much on the table, but I still have nightmares about Chris Cummins not playing all his Subs and it tended to bite us in the ass.

Don't disagree...just pissed off at MLS reffing, once again.

Gixmo
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
I tend to turn the volume down when TFC is on. It's much easier to watch that way!

SamK
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
what game was you watching?

same game :)
Come on, he played well, everyone bashes him too much because they expect "more." what more can he do, he clearly controls the game for us. In the game he didnt play for us a couple weeks back everyone saw how week our midfield was. He made a couple mistakes today, the only two i think were the missed goal opportunities, but really he played very well.

ag futbol
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
My god, even by that standard of terrible red cards that was brutal. How does this guy have a job?

That's not even a yellow!

Nerepis
06-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Don't disagree...just pissed off at MLS reffing, once again.

It's a very rare game when I'm not pissed off at MLS reffing. :D

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 06:31 PM
My god, even by that standard of terrible red cards that was brutal. How does this guy have a job?

That's not even a yellow!

I'd say it was a yellow, but under rare circumstances when you're calling the game tight.

Under normal circumstances, it's a foul, but not a card.

bigtfcfan
06-05-2010, 06:55 PM
definitely bad game for both dero and JDG.

SilverSamurai
06-05-2010, 06:58 PM
I see 2 points lost here, not the point we "won".
I'd have to agree with this, but 1 pt. is better than 0.

JDG played horrible. I'll give him the hamstring excuse...

Redcoe15
06-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Not a great game for sure. I can excuse JDG because his hamstring injury was affecting his play. If our side hadn't gone down a player in the first half he'd problably have been taken off. Thank God for the three week break. Hopefully JDG's hamstring will properly heal by then.

And when I first heard Garcia got red carded my immediate thought was "JESUS CHRIST, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO IDIOT?!!" But watching the replay, it was clear Garcia was trying to go for the ball and had no intent to go spikes high on the KC player. It's obvious that fucking ref Toledo was on a power trip. He fucked up TFC's mojo because of that call. He's a bum and needs to be delt with.

Afra
06-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Is it just me or were the players yelling at each other much more than normal? Looked like a lot of the guys were getting frustrated with each other.

dantdot
06-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Why do we have a bumpy field? Preki mentions it in the postgame.

Afra
06-05-2010, 07:21 PM
They ere getting pretty frustrated with each oth on the pitch. They seemed to be arguing much more than usual.

ManUtd4ever
06-05-2010, 07:24 PM
A somewhat predictable lacklustre performance coming off of the NCC Championship and going into the World Cup break. Despite TFC's lethargic play and unfortunate red card, I thought they created enough opportunities to win the match had JDG and others converted their chances. Kansas City's goalkeeping was the difference...

Pachuco
06-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Crazy how many excuses people have for JDG. Wake up people, deguzman would not have stayed on the field if Preki really though he was still hurt. At done point people will realize he ain't the same player that played in La liga. That game today was no different then the same shit he's pulled for another 8-10 games counting last season. But of course, there will always be someoneakojg excuses.

On a more positive note, Gargan was incredible today. Man am I ever glad he starting these days.

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Crazy how many excuses people have for JDG. Wake up people, deguzman would not have stayed on the field if Preki really though he was still hurt. At done point people will realize he ain't the same player that played in La liga. That game today was no different then the same shit he's pulled for another 8-10 games counting last season. But of course, there will always be someoneakojg excuses.

Minus one

Pachuco
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM
Minus one

You're right. That hamstring injury made it impossible for him to hit his own player with a pass and to hit the net. Bit somehow it didn't bother hurting him while he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Oh wait it wasn't the hamstring. It was the grass. Yeah that's it. And the fact he's miles above everybody else on the field. Yeah yeah. That it.

Snowy
06-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Minus one

Minus two

Mr. Bigby
06-05-2010, 08:12 PM
A stunning exchange of reasoned arguement....

London
06-05-2010, 08:15 PM
guys leave the neme calling alone!!!!!!

Brooker
06-05-2010, 08:20 PM
who were the guys who put up the two stick banners right when the action was infront of the south end, just for people to take pictures of them with their work of art?

jesus. that was somethin' else.

adamdz
06-05-2010, 08:23 PM
who were the guys who put up the two stick banners right when the action was infront of the south end, just for people to take pictures of them with their work of art?

jesus. that was somethin' else.

I think their goal was to put them up at the 65th minute. Just so happened (I think) that it went up around the time of a corner kick which was unfortunate. Ah well.

London
06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
^^^ 65th minute, 65th aniv of d-day.

Brooker
06-05-2010, 08:25 PM
it was infuriating. guy was oblivious.

Blazer
06-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Where do I post my comments regarding the drumming in today's match?

Kevvv
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
um, wasn't it the 66th aniv of D-Day, 65th aniv of the end of the war?

London
06-05-2010, 08:32 PM
um, wasn't it the 66th aniv of D-Day, 65th aniv of the end of the war?

so a slight error, there was a third banner celebrating victory europe, but i got wrecked earlier in the day.

sorry

TFC Cityboy
06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
was 7 or 8 beers in my kick off and thiught the ref ws Petrescu...the fact it was that cnut Toledo makes perfect sense. Shit match but a good day with mates in 115

Kevvv
06-05-2010, 08:42 PM
so a slight error, there was a third banner celebrating victory europe, but i got wrecked earlier in the day.

sorry

No matter, thought that counts and all. I liked them. And 112 looked fantastic again, people in the west definitely notice. The west has gotten louder of late, and were on the ref's ass for most of the game.

Incidentally, whoever put RR's drum at the bottom of 111 late in the game - stroke of genius. Around the 75th minute, the sound jumped out and was very loud from where I sat.

Ladies Love Julius James
06-05-2010, 08:42 PM

start a thread in the chants section lol

flatpicker
06-05-2010, 08:43 PM
I would like to say that the supporters were in very good form today.
Good coordination (even between bunker and NEE), and good volume to the chants and songs.
It helps having someone to hate (Toledo)... seems to get fans buzzing.
Good work folks.

Torontotonto
06-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Why hasn't Toledo been fired yet? GOD HE'S AWFUL!

On the side note, watch the Sitter from last week...

Lalas goes off on how MLS reffing is about the same as the rest of the world...

What a moron.

Why was Toledo wearing a FIFA crest on his yellow jersey at a MLS game.
Not sure if his is a FIFA ref. or he having a warmup for SA 2010, hope not...

Game surely wasn't our best or the result I expected today going into a the WC break, but we are still undefeated at home this year and seven in a row undefeated. Can't complain about that.

:drum::scarf::flare::scarf::drum:

Blazer
06-05-2010, 08:46 PM
start a thread in the chants section lol

I would but I’m sure it’ll be closed in no time and I’ll be back on a one week gag order.

I just want to offer some constructive feedback in moving towards future success is all.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Sure fuck face. I was stating my opinion about JDG and you got personal.

For the record, you didn't just state your opinion. You stated your opinion, as well as bashed anyone who disagrees with you for '"making excuses", and did it in the most sarcastic fashion humanly possible.

I think JDG was crap today, and I blame it on his play, not the pitch or his hamstring. I think his having been out for a while may be partially at fault for not having good touch on his passes, but there is no excuse for launching three prime scoring opportunities into orbit.

He also wasn't the only one who had an off-day. DeRo was chronically offside all afternoon, and the rest of the midfield were offering up pretty shit passes too.

On the other hand, I think it's extremely presumptuous to declare that he simply isn't the same player he was in La Liga, at the age of 29, less than a year after he left Spain. It's clear he hasn't played up to his standards, but it's also clear (at least to me), that he's still having trouble fitting into a system that relies far more on athleticism and forcing the ball forward with long, inaccurate passes, than it does on soccer IQ and short-passing (aka the Spanish game). It's also clear to me that he isn't used to the incredibly aggressive style of play in MLS, where guys are constantly closing you down and knocking you off the ball.

I still think we will see better from JDG, and I still think that most days he's our most skilled midfielder. I also think it's clear that he's not playing up to the standard that justifies his salary or his DP status right now. It doesn't have to be just one or the other.

- Scott

Roogsy
06-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I would but I’m sure it’ll be closed in no time and I’ll be back on a one week gag order.

I just want to offer some constructive feedback in moving towards future success is all.

This is awfully paranoid with no facts to support it in any way. When has anyone ever been given an infraction or a ban for not liking a chant, the drumming or a banner and voicing it? You may get flamed, but this accusation that somehow there will be adminstrative discipline against you is just "woe is me" to the ultimate degree.

In fact, I would say the evidence proves otherwise.

Torontotonto
06-05-2010, 08:54 PM
JDG made every pass I seen today with right foot, the first time he kicked the ball with his left foot is when he agravated something. Not sure which leg had the hamstring problem.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 09:01 PM
JDG made every pass I seen today with right foot, the first time he kicked the ball with his left foot is when he agravated something. Not sure which leg had the hamstring problem.

Some of his bad passes towards the end of the game were definitely because he wasn't passing with the proper foot for the situation - he was avoiding using his left leg.

Was he avoiding using his left leg the entire game? I didn't notice until he actually pulled up in the second half, clearly in pain after playing a ball.

I can't imagine Preki would send him out for the second half, if he was so hurt he couldn't even use one of his legs to pass or shoot.

- Scott

Torontotonto
06-05-2010, 09:05 PM
He looked out of sorts from the start, preki using him in the second half ?

TFCRegina
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
guys leave the neme calling alone!!!!!!

I apologize for that.

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 09:10 PM
He looked out of sorts from the start, preki using him in the second half ?

No doubt he wasn't having a great game in the first half, but I don't blame Preki for leaving him in. JDG is our DP, and one of our most skilled players - you don't take him out because he has a bad 45 minutes. You maybe take him out after 60 or 70 minutes, if he hasn't ironed out his game by then.

Of course, by that point, we had already used all three subs (two for injuries).

- Scott

Whoop
06-05-2010, 09:17 PM

Blair just post it.

Sometimes the drummer does go a little too fast and throws chants off I find.

Just let the guys know. I know do! LOL

And if you're really worried, just PM me and I'll pass it on to the guys.

Torontotonto
06-05-2010, 09:29 PM
No doubt he wasn't having a great game in the first half, but I don't blame Preki for leaving him in. JDG is our DP, and one of our most skilled players - you don't take him out because he has a bad 45 minutes. You maybe take him out after 60 or 70 minutes, if he hasn't ironed out his game by then.

Of course, by that point, we had already used all three subs (two for injuries).

- Scott

Agree, however the only one's that really know the extent of an injury is the staff.

Mr. Bigby
06-05-2010, 09:32 PM
During one of the stopages in play during the second half, JDG was over at the bench and the trainers were working on his left thigh using massage and a cream of some kind. FOr his part, DeRo was clearly off his best today. In the second half especially, he was a bit slow and tentative - especially on lateral moves. As soon as the game was over, he took off one of his shoes and was limping a bit. It's definitely a good thing that they have a bit of time to rest and repair.

Blazer
06-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Vic - I know I can say this to you because you're mature enough to take this constructively but I've been banned or warned for similar perceived "attacks" from sensitive people in here. This time I'm not finger pointing so here goes:

I have no problem with the chants, other than the fact that we’re lacking depth material, but that’s a separate issue to what I really wanted to mention tonight. I have an issue with multiple “drummers” with zero to no experience. Don’t get me wrong, I understand it to be a thankless role to fill, but I’d rather be without a drummer altogether than to have the collection of people we had today. And I apologize if this offends those individuals, I don’t know you and I have no reason to believe you’re anything less than exceptional people, but drummers have to be carefully selected or not selected at all if it means more performances like today.

We need to have a higher level of integrity as a supporters group and that comes with having capable people on capo stands (who are directing new chants at the various surrounding people who don’t know the lyrics versus directing it at the people who do know that chants). Drummers knowing when to be silent and when to be heard (and of course know how to follow a rhythm), and we as supporters have to have the integrity to chant and sing in unison rather than bellowing out in a drunken stupor. Of course, the drumming throws us all off and make us sound dreadful when I’m confident we can get back to the standard we set two years back.

Again, I apologize if I’ve offended but I call it as I see it and unfortunately as many others around me today made very clear time and time again with comments like, “get your shit together and drum in unison”. This carousel of capos, and really the drummers especially, is preventing us from being as good as we can be.

I have no reason to throw Flush roses, I don’t know him. But the man does his shit very very well. I’d rather have an empty capo stand than to see someone sitting on the rail whaling and flailing with the rest of us. Just join the masses and give that stand and the capable people who should be there its due respect. It’s not a simple role either, so we shouldn’t just rock the next best candidate for the sake of filling the role. We need a higher standard. The guy today down there was decent by the way. I can’t say that about games gone by though.

Roogsy
06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
During one of the stopages in play during the second half, JDG was over at the bench and the trainers were working on his left thigh using massage and a cream of some kind. FOr his part, DeRo was clearly off his best today. In the second half especially, he was a bit slow and tentative - especially on lateral moves. As soon as the game was over, he took off one of his shoes and was limping a bit. It's definitely a good thing that they have a bit of time to rest and repair.

Yup...the whole team is looking worn out. Definitely not their best game this year. This break is coming at the right time.

pawlukj
06-05-2010, 09:40 PM
JDG was dissappointing, made alot of stupid passes and missed two good scoring chances, there was like no offence from tfc kansas had us locked down, at least we didnt lose

Redpunkfiddle
06-05-2010, 09:51 PM
Post game comments from Preki and DeRo critique the state of our fancy new pitch.

Roogsy
06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
The pitch can't stay in good condition if it is getting abused daily. That needs to be addressed.

I haven't seen the interviews but I certainly hope they didn't blame the performance on the pitch though. Both teams were on the same pitch.

flatpicker
06-05-2010, 10:03 PM
The pitch can't stay in good condition if it is getting abused daily. That needs to be addressed.

I suppose the pitch could be worse though.

2tBAYPJqync

Shakes McQueen
06-05-2010, 10:03 PM

I haven't seen the interviews but I certainly hope they didn't blame the performance on the pitch though. Both teams were on the same pitch.

Well, it wasn't like Kansas City played well. They had one decent scoring chance the entire game.

The ball was hopping around a little bit, but I agree that blaming the pitch is kind of dumb. The pitch wasn't responsible for our ridiculously inaccurate passes.

- Scott

Blizzard
06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Why was Toledo wearing a FIFA crest on his yellow jersey at a MLS game.
Not sure if his is a FIFA ref. or he having a warmup for SA 2010, hope not...

He wore his FIFA badge because (somehow) he is an accredited FIFA referee and all FIFA accredited officials wear their FIFA badges when officiating in league play.

Whoop
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
The guy today down there was decent by the way.

LOL...

dawkins
06-05-2010, 10:52 PM
After watching the replay over and over of the dreaded red card and after talking with many friends who do coaching, there is no way that garcia should have even recived a card at all. he took a swing at the ball with no other player around him. it sucks that the KC player ( cant remember his name at the moment) got some skin taken off, but the challenge would not have even happened if he had not charged garcia.

Ref fucking sucked all game and really, if the TFC FO wont do anything about it then we should stand up and say something.... not exactly what we can do but... theres alot of us... i am sure we can think of something!

BTW for my first time in the supporters section... i really had the time of my life.

Catch you all at the next Tailgate on July 1st!!

Gwando
06-05-2010, 10:54 PM
JDG did have a bad game, I agree. I was there and he just seemed out of sorts most of the game and, of course, the game winner he flubbed at the end! I will take 7 unbeaten but, the 3 pts were definitely there for our taking...despite the Toledo Fiasco!

Roogsy
06-05-2010, 10:55 PM
I am rewatching it now, and as the game goes along, it just gets worse and worse.

That first half was some of the worst refereeing I have seen in a professional soccer game.

Pachuco
06-05-2010, 10:58 PM
This is the first time this year where I am extremely pissed off at the ref. That was some horrible crap.

Dub Narcotic
06-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Between the bad red card, the missed chances and the upcoming break, Toronto is allowed one game where things don't work out. Luckily it was against what was probably one of the worst teams Toronto will see this year. JDG was awful today, Gargan was good, and when I saw O'Brian White come in for Barrett I thought, "well, I guess we're done trying to score." We seriously need another offensive weapon, neither White nor Gala fit the bill, although Gala is at least servicable.

Roogsy
06-05-2010, 11:30 PM
We seriously need another offensive weapon, neither White nor Gala fit the bill, although Gala is at least servicable.

I agree completely.

I like Obie and Gala. They're nice kids. But I see very little promise in them. Bench players at best, I am hoping we find someone who can be a real threat when either Barrett is done for the game and has to come off or when he simply is not in sync and we need to change the rhythm of the game.

Whoop
06-05-2010, 11:31 PM
Haven't we been asking for a DP striker for like... forever? LOL

flatpicker
06-05-2010, 11:35 PM

I've never heard that discussed around here.

Gwando
06-05-2010, 11:54 PM
On the positive side, we have never, in the history of the club, been 7 unbeaten...never!

v00d00daddy
06-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Frei was good. Cann was awesome. JDG was a leader on the field.

Barrett stinks.

DeRo frustrates the hell out of me.

I'm glad we got a point after that shitty call of a red card.

That is all

oh yeah...nice weather too.

Brooker
06-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Barrett stinks.

uh huh.... more voodoo tripe.

TFC247
06-06-2010, 12:13 AM
We definitely need more talent in several places that's for sure. We've got bunch of hard working USL players plus Dero. If we make the playoff this year, it's all on Preki. But he can only do much.

v00d00daddy
06-06-2010, 12:14 AM
uh huh.... more voodoo tripe.

uh huh...more typical brooker cheerleading. wave those pom poms bud.

btw...barrett stinks. always has...always will....no matter how much he scores. his attitude sucks....his first touch sucks worse...his finishing sucks even worse still

but he runs a lot.

btw...why do you pick this out of my post?

why can't you live with the fact that I think Barrett is a horrible soccer player? what gives?

Brooker
06-06-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm just saying I don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be. imho, based on his current form, barrett would have buried those goals jdg messed up on. somebody you said played great.

meh. agree to disagree.

v00d00daddy
06-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I'm just saying I don't think he's as bad as you make him out to be. imho, based on his current form, barrett would have buried those goals jdg messed up on. somebody you said played great.

meh. agree to disagree.

first...barrett doesn't bury anything....he scores 1 out of every 10-15 quality chances....shitty in my opinion.

second..i never said JDG played great. I said he was a leader. DeRo wore the arm band but JDG was the leader today. He was the one talking to that douche Toledo and he was the one orchestrating the team to avoid giving up a goal when we went down a man.

Yes..he missed his chances and didn't have a great game on the ball...but he showed me something I didn't he had in him. Leadership.

Again..agree to disagree.

ps...barrett sucks

FluSH
06-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Frei was good. Cann was awesome. JDG was a leader on the field.

It's funny cause I was listening to AM590 and they kept going on about TFC losing the midfield... may times over... in essence... the lack of attacking creativity by Toronto FC and their squad of DM's...

T.O TILL I DIE
06-06-2010, 01:01 AM
this had to be one of the most booringest games ive ever watched....i was falling asleep second half lol

Brooker
06-06-2010, 01:10 AM
voodoo, i'm not saying Chad played great, but if you're gonna shit on him, im not exactly sure how Julian escapes unscathed, not to mention with such praise.

88th minute... has loads of time, and shoots it into the parking lot....

nascarguy
06-06-2010, 01:10 AM
On the plus side, at least Garcia doesn't start the next match!
:flare::flare::drum::drum::flare::flare:

Brooker
06-06-2010, 02:37 AM
i wannnaaaaaaaaaa beeeeeeeee in that numberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-06-2010, 02:39 AM
watched the game on CBC today.....and for the first time CBC seemed to have its volume on the crowd in sync.....it was crystal clear...unlike most games where it fades in and out...! good job!

DichioTFC
06-06-2010, 03:45 AM
this had to be one of the most booringest games ive ever watched....i was falling asleep second half lol

i did fall asleep, at the 56' mark i think... but fairness to me, I had been drinking since the USA v. Aussie game at 10am :drinking:

Not enough mention is made of the Jubalani ball, all elite players are complaining about it / having problems with it so no surprise that JDG had problems with finesse long balls.

In short, it wasnt the worst match we've ever had, but it was a poor match. I'm sure Preki will have the focus very soon on the very winnable Galaxy game on the 26th.

James17930
06-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Good thing JDG has so long to heal up before the L.A. game.

Hooligan69
06-06-2010, 06:25 AM
Bought a ticket at the window shortly after kickoff and had to pay $96. WTF. Maybe I should have got one from a scalper instead.

:facepalm:

poppamidnight
06-06-2010, 06:46 AM
Ahhh such a dissapointing note,

That was my last TFC game this yr before I head to South America... Such a pity it was such a poor quality match...

...On the bright side, it will be the last time this season i'll have to risk watching such bad quality football.

Blazer
06-06-2010, 07:26 AM
LOL...

Well, there ya go. At least you know I’m being honest. ;)

I think you made the most out of an impossible situation Vic. As far as I’m concerned, we’re louder than ever sure, but we’re still a messy lot with that unbalanced drumming throughout the match. They should be following the capo, not the other way around. Too often they try to lead by pounding harder which only serves to drown you out and our ability to hear you is virtually lost. Some dude in 111 was great and held an entire chant on his own because we couldn’t hear you at all amid the dueling beats. Props to that guy.

*If you ever want the god's honest truth, hear me out. Otherwise, you'll get the fluffing and misleading evasiveness that doesn't allow us to get better as a SG from the people who either don't want to be banned from the boards or people too afraid to upset their RPB cronies. You were good yesterday, all things considered. :thumbsup:

wzhxvy
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Bought a ticket at the window shortly after kickoff and had to pay $96. WTF. Maybe I should have got one from a scalper instead.

Saw a scalper offer a guy $10 for his tickets...I think you would have done much better from the scalper

Shakes McQueen
06-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Between the bad red card, the missed chances and the upcoming break, Toronto is allowed one game where things don't work out. Luckily it was against what was probably one of the worst teams Toronto will see this year. JDG was awful today, Gargan was good, and when I saw O'Brian White come in for Barrett I thought, "well, I guess we're done trying to score." We seriously need another offensive weapon, neither White nor Gala fit the bill, although Gala is at least servicable.

Barrett actually came off because he was injured. I think the only non-injury substitution we made was Gala for Peterson. Sanyang was feeling ill, and Barrett had an issue with one of his legs.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
06-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Not enough mention is made of the Jubalani ball, all elite players are complaining about it / having problems with it so no surprise that JDG had problems with finesse long balls.

In short, it wasnt the worst match we've ever had, but it was a poor match. I'm sure Preki will have the focus very soon on the very winnable Galaxy game on the 26th.

It was one of those new Jubalani balls? Oh man, I didn't know that. Yeah, from the amount of bitching I'm seeing by world-class players, the ball really could have been an issue for both teams. And it certainly could have influenced the trajectory of JDG's three chances on goal. Who knows.

- Scott

GlenM
06-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Can we sign a petition to get the MLS to fire and get rid of Toledo.

Man I'll be glad the day he's gone.

GlenM

koryo
06-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Vintage Toledo, but aside from that the team looked very tired... even before we went a man down.

deltox
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Won't jdg miss the LA game due to accumalated yellows?

Huginho
06-06-2010, 02:47 PM

Can I add people chanting outside Gate 3 after the game? seriously, losing points at home to a team like Kansas City is a disappointing result yet I still see people singing and celebrating away as if the team accomplished something. :facepalm:

nfitz
06-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Can I add people chanting outside Gate 3 after the game? seriously, losing points at home to a team like Kansas City is a disappointing result yet I still see people singing and celebrating away as if the team accomplished something.Wow ... that sounds defeatist!

Blizzard
06-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Can I add people chanting outside Gate 3 after the game? seriously, losing points at home to a team like Kansas City is a disappointing result yet I still see people singing and celebrating away as if the team accomplished something. :facepalm:

I tend to agree. A draw at home is 2/3rds of a loss IMO .... and when it is with a very struggling KC, well, there just isn't anything worth celebrating.

OK, it's better than a loss but only a bit better than a loss.

Brooker
06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I felt like punching something or kicking a puppy after that game.... not singing and dancing.

to each their own.

Super
06-06-2010, 03:14 PM
I tend to agree. A draw at home is 2/3rds of a loss IMO .... and when it is with a very struggling KC, well, there just isn't anything worth celebrating.

OK, it's better than a loss but only a bit better than a loss.

I agree. A draw at home is never a good result, unless you're a bottom team playing against a top team. That certainly wasn't the case. However, I'm pleased that we can go into the break undefeated at home.

GBV
06-06-2010, 05:16 PM

last three home games have been mind-numbingly dull.

not a good way to sell the game to the masses.

Roogsy
06-06-2010, 05:22 PM
last three home games have been mind-numbingly dull.

not a good way to sell the game to the masses.

Agreed.

Right now, it was about getting the team stabilized. Something we have sorely needed for 3 seasons (and something we have been begging for during that time as well, that's on Mo.)

Now what is needed is to make the football slightly more attractive without giving up the stability and consistency of the team.

It's a delicate balancing act.

MUFC_Niagara
06-06-2010, 05:38 PM
We were shit. The world cup is here then United is here, it's time to forget about TFC for 2 months.

Yeoman
06-06-2010, 05:49 PM
hey by chance; did anyone watch this game from home?
i'm being told that camera guy before the game was like six inches from my face when on the drum
always wonder if that was true or not

BeerBaron95
06-06-2010, 05:51 PM
i'm being told that camera guy before the game was like six inches from my face when on the drum

poor guy! LOL. Should buy him a beer for getting close to your mug.

:drinking:

keep on :drum: Greg!

Roogsy
06-06-2010, 05:58 PM

MEDIA WHORE!

Davenport
06-06-2010, 06:14 PM

Yep, don't get that.
The same blind people think Barrett is a player and Garcia deserves to start.

DichioTFC
06-06-2010, 06:22 PM

LOL... were they?? I always thought the Gate 3 post-game was a celebration of games won, not just points won.

Draw at home to a very weak squad = Gate 3 post-game celebration... wow

Roogsy
06-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Give them a break guys. I think people are still on a high that we won the NCC and our home record is still impressive. We have not lost since June of 2009 I think I heard somewhere? Not to mention, keeping points despite a ref that obviously wants to do what he can to make us lose. It's like starting down a man every game he refs.

If you don't feel like joining in, don't. I didn't. That was my choice.

As a sidenote BTW, those gate 3 events really help people who are not in the bunker learn the songs and take them back to their own sections.

DichioTFC
06-06-2010, 06:41 PM
Give them a break guys. I think people are still on a high that we won the NCC and our home record is still impressive. We have not lost since June of 2009 I think I heard somewhere? Not to mention, keeping points despite a ref that obviously wants to do what he can to make us lose. It's like starting down a man every game he refs.

As a sidenote BTW, those gate 3 events really help people who are not in the bunker learn the songs and take them back to their own sections.

True on all accounts, but still, only wins should be celebrated, not draws against an opponent that we should've beat. IMO.

Roogsy
06-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I am going to quietly agree. LOL!

I wasn't in the mood to celebrate on Saturday, especially after wasting myself on the drums only to see the team play to a mediocre result. I wasn't upset by any means however.

DichioTFC
06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
^ I've never seen you quietly agree on anything!! :D

If people want to do a postgame Gate 3 celebration, I wouldn't run in and stop them like some self-righteous hippie, but I'm sure passerbys would be curious why we're so excited about a disappointing result.

I cant figure out this group sometimes. Being happy over winning a domestic championship is to have lowered expectations but a home draw against a weaker side is cause for celebration.

Shakes McQueen
06-06-2010, 08:00 PM
True on all accounts, but still, only wins should be celebrated, not draws against an opponent that we should've beat. IMO.

If people are having a good time, happy to be out, and feel like singing after a draw, I've got no problem with that.

I think people sometimes take this shit so seriously, that they forget the point of being a sports fan - it's enjoyable. Good on these people for continuing to enjoy the experience, even though the result wasn't all we hoped for.

- Scott

ochos
06-06-2010, 08:14 PM
1) I read through all 5 pages just to see if someone mentioned how poorly Peterson played. So far I've not read one comment. I'm glad we finally have a team where we have confidence in our players, and have guys who can come into a system, but I would blame Peterson for a lot of our poor play today.. He really messed up our rhythm and was getting skinned in defense all first half.

2) This was the first game of the year with GREAT weather. How can you blame people for chanting outside gate 3 when we finally had a day with suitable conditions? And as it's been said, it really helps to teach people the lyrics, and instills that crazy "south-end" culture we all crave onto new fans.

3) Toledo is a terrible ref. At least he tried to balance it out this game, unlike others where he's just plain f**ked us in the past.

4) JDG had some good flashes, but more bad. As a player, I can tell you that Jabulani does take some getting used to. No excuses though..

5) To the capos - love you guys, but we have to stop relying on the bounce to get everyone fired up. If I hear it before half time next game I'll be upset. Hearing it in the 15th minute is just wrong. I also didn't like the selections from the 113 capo today - and I think you could tell most of the fans in the south end agreed that day. You can see if the chants are ill-timed, they don't get picked up. We have a more intelligent fan base in the south end these days, and they want the chants to match what's happening on the pitch.

6) Gargan was fantastic.

7) Garcia got screwed, and took it like a man.

8) Frei will go to Europe next year..

9) I just cannot believe how bad Peterson played. He must have been too hyped up, but really he let the team down today by not playing level headed.

Shakes McQueen
06-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Peterson only played the first half of the game, ochos.

- Scott

Broadview
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Peterson only played the first half of the game, ochos.

- Scott

I seem to recall hearing he was injured at some point.

ochos
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
Yup - full credit to Preki for taking him out half (not all game as I`d mentioned)

clc12
06-06-2010, 08:20 PM
If people are having a good time, happy to be out, and feel like singing after a draw, I've got no problem with that.

I think people sometimes take this shit so seriously, that they forget the point of being a sports fan - it's enjoyable. Good on these people for continuing to enjoy the experience, even though the result wasn't all we hoped for.

- Scott

i agree with you scott.
"aunque ganes o pierdas no me importa una mierda" (whether you win or lose i don't give a sh*t) we have to support the team in the good times and the bad. thats what separates the TFC supporters from the rest of the hacks in the league.

i was in tokyo in 2001 watching boca juniors vs bayern munich for the intercontinental cup final. boca lost that game 1-0 but you wouldn't have known that judging by the way the boca fans were chanting and singing after the game. it can't always be roses.

DichioTFC
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM

- Scott

i agree with you scott.
"aunque ganes o pierdas no me importa una mierda" (whether you win or lose i don't give a sh*t) we have to support the team in the good times and the bad. thats what separates the TFC supporters from the rest of the hacks in the league.

i was in tokyo in 2001 watching boca juniors vs bayern munich for the intercontinental cup final. boca lost that game 1-0 but you wouldn't have known that judging by the way the boca fans were chanting and singing after the game. it can't always be roses.

I see what you guys are saying. It's tough to disagree. I guess the stink of the game was a bit too strong for me to celebrate.

Shakes McQueen
06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I should point out I'm not saying everyone should be happy and singing after an unfortunate result - I certainly wasn't thrilled with the result, and my initial reaction wasn't to chant or sing.

I'm just saying that if people do want to continue having a good time, regardless of the result, good on em. Sports are about having a good time, and these people shouldn't be criticized or "facepalmed" for leaving the stadium in high spirits.

- Scott

nfitz
06-06-2010, 10:25 PM
I see what you guys are saying. It's tough to disagree. I guess the stink of the game was a bit too strong for me to celebrate.Then don't celebrate. I certainly didn't feel like celebrating either ... but I don't think that's the issue.

But the idea of telling other people who are celebrating not to celebrate seems a bit control-freakish to me.

DichioTFC
06-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I should point out I'm not saying everyone should be happy and singing after an unfortunate result - I certainly wasn't thrilled with the result, and my initial reaction wasn't to chant or sing.

I'm just saying that if people do want to continue having a good time, regardless of the result, good on em. Sports are about having a good time, and these people shouldn't be criticized or "facepalmed" for leaving the stadium in high spirits.

- Scott

The more I think about it, the more I think I would've been part of that postgame celebration regardless of the result lol..

Then don't celebrate. I certainly didn't feel like celebrating either ... but I don't think that's the issue.

But the idea of telling other people who are celebrating not to celebrate seems a bit control-freakish to me.

I don't believe I told people not to celebrate. In fact, if I recall, I said something along these lines...

If people want to do a postgame Gate 3 celebration, I wouldn't run in and stop them like some self-righteous hippie...

twistedchinaman
06-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Seems like a LOT of people were having a bad game on Sat., lucky for us it came against a struggling KC -- a better team would have had us as a light snack with the way that we had started.

And Garcia, despite the horrific refereeing... :facepalm:

nfitz
06-07-2010, 12:59 AM
I don't believe I told people not to celebrate. In fact, if I recall, I said something along these lines...I'm not sure why you use the phrase "if I recall" and then cut-and-paste what you said ...

... however I think what you said was clear, and not that far up the page. It wasn't you I was referring to!

DichioTFC
06-07-2010, 05:24 AM
I'm not sure why you use the phrase "if I recall" and then cut-and-paste what you said ...

... however I think what you said was clear, and not that far up the page. It wasn't you I was referring to!

more for self-righteous dramatic effect :D

it seemed like you were because you directly quoted me lol

Hooligan69
06-07-2010, 05:33 AM
Saw a scalper offer a guy $10 for his tickets...I think you would have done much better from the scalper

Just my luck. Strolled by a dozen of these bastards along the way, too.

:facepalm: :(

Auzzy
06-07-2010, 08:41 AM
Just my luck. Strolled by a dozen of these bastards along the way, too.

:facepalm: :(

Well, when you bought it at the ticket counter, at least you can be sure that the original ticket hasn't already been printed off the account & used by someone else, therefore invalidating the original ticket. (Even if the scalpers don't do that themselves, whoever they bought the tickets from might have.)

Kaz
06-07-2010, 09:25 AM
We had a Red card early, a Sick player at half, a Injury on Barrett, and a injured JDG who played through, playing 10 man football most of the game, with limited attacking options... and DeRo had an off game.

it was bad luck but even with all that we still had a clean sheet and got a point... in the last 30 minutes or so we were only playing with 9 1/2 men.

It was a bad game. lets move on take the point and give a bloody nose to LA on the 26th.

Darlofletch
06-07-2010, 09:52 AM
We had a Red card early, a Sick player at half, a Injury on Barrett, and a injured JDG who played through, playing 10 man football most of the game, with limited attacking options... and DeRo had an off game.

it was bad luck but even with all that we still had a clean sheet and got a point... in the last 30 minutes or so we were only playing with 9 1/2 men.

It was a bad game. lets move on take the point and give a bloody nose to LA on the 26th.

yeah, that's pretty much what i'm telling myself, it was a very uninspired game, but there were a lot of things went wrong, and we didn't crumble, we kept our organisation and defensive discipline going and got the point. and overall we're unbeaten at home, and unbeaten in over a month.

I've been praising Preki for tearing apart our previous, arguably more individually talented team, and building a team who can stay disciplined and grind out results, so I really shouldn't complain.

It really shows our lack of depth, Barrett and De Guzman get injured and De Ro has an off day (not that he was bad, he just wasn't as good as he has been) and we really struggle to create chances.

TFC Via Buffalo
06-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I wasn't going to be back to BMO in 3 weeks and after the way that game went , I'll take the point. If there's a post game chant in front of Gate 3, you will find me there whatever the result may be. I drive too far to care what anyone thinks.

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 10:17 AM
It really shows our lack of depth, Barrett and De Guzman get injured and De Ro has an off day (not that he was bad, he just wasn't as good as he has been) and we really struggle to create chances.

... and our depth problem is due to mismanagement of the cap by MoJo.

Yeoman
06-07-2010, 10:38 AM
MEDIA WHORE!

it is the year of the yeoman!
a new age of dawn has come about

Fort York Redcoat
06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Celebrating a draw isn't a crime, I agree. We get a point and an undefeated streak continues. As far as I'm concerned it's a good opportunity to sing with people who can't get to where they can during the match.

That said, I couldn't do that after a loss.

Dman81
06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Celebrating a draw isn't a crime, I agree. We get a point and an undefeated streak continues. As far as I'm concerned it's a good opportunity to sing with people who can't get to where they can during the match.

That said, I couldn't do that after a loss.

with u on that one, mate

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 11:38 AM
This was my 2nd game this season.. first one was vs Whitecaps..

JdG played 45mins vs WhiteCaps and DeRo played maybe 25 mins..... in that game JdG's passing was terrible... his movement in the middle was mediocre... and Dero did nothing at all when he came on other than one good ball played to Usanov on the wing.

In the Kansas game..
JdG - horrible passing and his movement again looks weak... he probably gave at least 15-20 HORRIBLE passes.. maybe more.. his finishing was bad too.. he should have finished the chance in the first half.
DeRo - simply just horrible.. didnt do much at all other than try to deak players out which he lost the ball most of the time.. very lazy.. showed no determination.

Both of these players are "looked upon" as the best at Toronto FC but when I watch them play they do not look confident... they both get scared when defenders come at them.... DeRo got scared a few times when defenders came at him and he lost the ball weakly... JdG got scared and would pass the ball horribly to no one. Kind of sad considering the "experience" they have.. of course have seen them play better but over 2 games this is dissapointing.

I think Garcia is shit, why isnt Usanov starting? He crosses well, makes good attacking runs down the wing and plays very rough. He is a good player.

Also in my opinion, #21 LaBrocca is useless.. why the fuck isnt Martin Saric starting..... he is a GOOD PLAYER...... he is very good technically and his passing is top level... and his movement in the middle is how it is supposed to be... he is a good player... against WhiteCaps I dont think he gave the ball away once.. and I dont think he made one bad pass.

And OBrain White.. im sitting watching the games and these dumbass fans are saying to bring him in.. he is amazing...... sorry he came in and did nothing at all. Literally, nothing.

Gabe Gala looked good for the time he came in.

Another thing that is dissapointing is that the entire game it was garbage quality in passing, movements, running, etc.. I didnt see the coach once come out and yell at the players.. during this type of game.. I should see the coach standing for at least 70mins of the game. There is no excuse for a coach to be laid back in a game like this.

I can sound like a hater... but when I come watch professional soccer, I come to watch soccer.. not to talk about regular life things or go get food for 30mins and miss the game, or take pictures the whole time. And when I come to watch professional soccer, I look at it realistically in terms of how the players are playing.. and the level of play.

Many Toronto FC "fans" dissapoint me because maybe half of the people that come to the games dont even come to watch or enjoy soccer.. they come to "enjoy" themselves.. or to do whatever.... the attendance was 21,000? but for all 90mins it looked like 5,000 seats are empty at each time. People walking to get food.. they disapear for 20 mins.. they come back and talk..... why are these people even at the games? This is ridiculous..... and 80% of the fans do not even understand what is happening on the field.. or what SHOULD be happening at a professional soccer game.

I mean, you have fans yelling red card for every single foul in a game? Yellow card for shoulder to shoulder challenges? PLEASE do not blame a referee if you do not understand soccer.. referees are good at their jobs and for the most part they officiate games well.. you will have the random times referees mess up on a big call or something but over an entire game they are usually very good. And PLEASE.. if you do not understand why Garcia was given a straight red card then do not even talk about the subject. STUDS UP.. KNEE LEVEL.. actually gave the player a gash on his leg. Straight red, no questions about it.

Im sitting next to fans who clearly are not watching the game, or are just retarded. Saying shit like "DeRozario.. best player on the field right now" .. "DeGuzman .. the guy with the fro.. best Canadian player in history.. one of the best players for Toronto".......... how can you say such stupid things when in the actual game, they are terrible.

Wont be my last game... enjoy TFC games but no different than CSL or top OSL team quality. There are better players in CSL and/or OSL but these players get no look.. shame.

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 11:48 AM

Played well? Control was amazing? How much money did you spend on beers during the game?

TFC Via Buffalo
06-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Saric was suspended for too many yellow cards.

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Saric was suspended for too many yellow cards.

Oh ok

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:24 PM
LOL i just watched "Adrian Cann postmatch" ... this guy is a clown.. says the red card was harsh.. if anything it was a "foul"... "if i was a ref.. it wouldnt be a red, never"

these guys are professionals? wow.

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Every player has a bad game once in a while. I suspect that JDG was suffering a little in his hamstring from quite early in the game, and it distracted him. He's had many games where he has shown his quality.

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 12:27 PM
LOL i just watched "Adrian Cann postmatch" ... this guy is a clown.. says the red card was harsh.. if anything it was a "foul"... "if i was a ref.. it wouldnt be a red, never"

these guys are professionals? wow.

I'm not sure why the hate for Cann. I think most of the players on both sides felt it was harsh.

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm not sure why the hate for Cann. I think most of the players on both sides felt it was harsh.

Again, like I said..... STUDS up.. KNEE high.. ball is on the GROUND.. CUT on the leg proves contact. BEST referees in the world will even give a red card for studs up knee high WITHOUT contact.

Garbage fucking tackle.. 100% red card.

Please understand the game.

pekduck
06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Again, like I said..... STUDS up.. KNEE high.. ball is on the GROUND.. CUT on the leg proves contact. BEST referees in the world will even give a red card for studs up knee high WITHOUT contact.

chill, at this point you are losing ground pretty fast on your 'understanding' of the game

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
chill, at this point you are losing ground pretty fast on your 'understanding' of the game

I am? I think you, the commentators and some players are. Funny how Nick Garcia didnt even protest.. walked off asap.

Commentator: "I think its mis-timed"

Another thing that is funny is this "missed pk call" bullshit.... commentators and fans and reporters are saying there was a missed pk call.. but if you watch the reply.. DeRo, Barrett and no other TFC player protested to the referee. How does that make any sense?

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm saying that the players felt it was harsh, so you shouldn't focus on Cann. I'm not sure why you are attacking me.

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 12:38 PM
Another thing that is funny is this "missed pk call" bullshit.... commentators and fans and reporters are saying there was a missed pk call.. but if you watch the reply.. DeRo, Barrett and no other TFC player protested to the referee.

If you knew this referee, you wouldn't protest much no matter how unfair you think the call/non-call was. This guy hands out red cards for fun.

pekduck
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I am? I think you, the commentators and some players are. Funny how Nick Garcia didnt even protest.. walked off asap.

Commentator: "I think its mis-timed"

Another thing that is funny is this "missed pk call" bullshit.... commentators and fans and reporters are saying there was a missed pk call.. but if you watch the reply.. DeRo, Barrett and no other TFC player protested to the referee. How does that make any sense?

Depending which broadcast you watch, commentators at different broadcasts had different views. Replays later further justifies the suspect wrong call.

AL-MO's other post said it best.

Here are the following offences you can be red carded for:

~ Used offensive or insulting or abusive language and/or gestures - NO
~ Spitting at an opponent or any other person - NO
~ Received a second caution in the same game (also provide description of first caution) NO
~ Denied the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball - NO
~ Denied an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick - NO

So its either:

~ Serious Foul Play

OR

~ Violent Conduct

Neither of which IMO did Garcia commit on Saturday. It should have been a yellow card, no more.

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm saying that the players felt it was harsh, so you shouldn't focus on Cann. I'm not sure why you are attacking me.

So what if the players felt it was harsh... not all of them did and if you ask them if they watched the replay over or if a player challenged them like that then would it be a red card.

I am focusing on Cann because he is spreading stupidity, telling the reporter it wasnt a red card, just a foul. I wouldnt have to focus on him if he didnt BS about something he doesnt realize.

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Depending which broadcast you watch, commentators at different broadcasts had different views. Replays later further justifies the suspect wrong call.

AL-MO's other post said it best.

Um............ Are you honestly kidding me....... " ~ Serious Foul Play "

Studs up.
Knee high.
Ball is on the ground.
Cut on the leg.

All EQUALS =

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY.

You people are amateurs.:picard:

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I am focusing on Cann because he is spreading stupidity, telling the reporter it wasnt a red card, just a foul. I wouldnt have to focus on him if he didnt BS about something he doesnt realize.

You are not going to find many here who agree with you.

Do you like our players? Or are you here just to start arguments?

pekduck
06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Um............... " ~ Serious Foul Play "

Studs up.
Knee high.
Ball is on the ground.
Cut on the leg.

All EQUALS =

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY.

Garcia played the ball, Komara charged into Garcia on Garcia's follow through down swing. That's not serious foul play, but rather at most caution with yellow.

However, it seems it is rather nonconstructive reciting what's been cited pages and days from all the angles.

Have a nice day.

Fort York Redcoat
06-07-2010, 12:45 PM
This was my 2nd game this season.. first one was vs Whitecaps..

of course have seen them play better but over 2 games this is dissapointing.

Wont be my last game... enjoy TFC games but no different than CSL or top OSL team quality. There are better players in CSL and/or OSL but these players get no look.. shame.

Sure this wasn't your second game ever? It was a bad day out for the boys on the field. Sorry you were in a bad section but you're gonna get people there for the atmo, or to be seen. CSL or OSL?

Hyperbole much?

scyzor_tay
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM
You are not going to find many here who agree with you.

Do you like our players? Or are you here just to start arguments?

Unfortunately, you people are not normal if you do not agree with me. Sorry.

What does it matter if I like our players. Are you lost. It does NOT matter WHAT team you cheer for or who your favourite player is.. if they commit a bad tackle, then it is a bad tackle. If a player gives away a clear penalty kick, then it is a penalty kick. UNDERSTAND the game.

Just because TFC is your team, doesnt mean Nick Garcias tackle wasnt a red card.

What is wrong with you?

pekduck
06-07-2010, 12:46 PM

What does it matter if I like our players. Are you lost. It does NOT matter WHAT team you cheer for or who your favourite player is.. if they commit a bad tackle, then it is a bad tackle. If a player gives away a clear penalty kick, then it is a penalty kick. UNDERSTAND the game.

Just because TFC is your team, doesnt mean Nick Garcias tackle wasnt a red card.

What is wrong with you?

adding to ignore list

JonO
06-07-2010, 12:47 PM

Please open your eyes. You are entitled to your opinion, but "the ball was on the ground"?!?!? Really? He was clearly trying the play the ball in the air. That is one of the few things I think everyone can agree on red card or not..

Fort York Redcoat
06-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Awwww. Look who came to make friends.

Love the venom. Keep it coming. You're convincing us all.

Fort York Redcoat
06-07-2010, 12:50 PM

What is wrong with you?

Normal. The norm. Review the thread. How many are agreeing with you? That would make you the exception.

deltox
06-07-2010, 12:58 PM
this guy is fun.

even the KC fans said it wasnt a red card....i dont think they support TFC!

TFC Via Buffalo
06-07-2010, 01:02 PM
I just finally watched the play. The ball was in the air and he missed. Komara was running into his missed kick. There was no intent to injure. He was going after the ball. The only thing I'll say towards even coming close to agreeing with the red is that it was a quick play and snap judgement calls are tough to make. Still should have been a yellow though, not red.

ginkster88
06-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Wow, where did that guy come from?

Easily one of the most uninspired performances of the season, but the boys can have an off day now and then; especially as long as they take a point from it. I bet Preki had some tough words in the locker room and we'll see a different TFC next match.

Yeoman
06-07-2010, 01:23 PM
i wonder if that's the same guy from big soccer that i'm agitating haha

Shakes McQueen
06-07-2010, 01:29 PM
I think this might be my favourite opening line ever in a forum post, because he didn't say it facetiously:

- Scott

DOMIN8R
06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:pG7znMCe91RhOM:http://www.ipprospective.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/troll-web.jpg (http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ipprospective.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/troll-web.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ipprospective.com/portfolio-potential/monetizing-ip-investing-in-defensive-ip-aggregation/&usg=__l9C_iFaAAHJsGKRrmkgMjDlREhI=&h=500&w=500&sz=93&hl=en&start=8&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=pG7znMCe91RhOM:&tbnh=130&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtroll%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26r ls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-ca:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D1I7LGEL_en%26tbs%3Disch:1)

P-NUTZ
06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
wow what action. right on.

that game sucked. i'm glad i was able to yell like a mad man at the refs this game, instead of my own team this year. The ref really changed the game. so it went south. tfc didn't play great but thank goodnes at least a point is taken from it. a dissapointment but the ref was awful, the players on both sides confused, and preki pissed.

at least we gave it to the officials who must have felt it going into the tunnel at half time because going into the second they "evened it up" as they say in hockey. both red cards were stupid.

but...got a point at least.
;(

P-NUTZ
06-07-2010, 02:33 PM
ps - i was yelling at the fourth official (as he got all up in prekis face):

"dont you f****n touch our coach you jerk!"

...kinda nice to feel that way about a coach for a change. preki rules.

TFCRegina
06-07-2010, 02:33 PM

I saw your back on TV...

TFCRegina
06-07-2010, 02:37 PM
I think this might be my favourite opening line ever in a forum post, because he didn't say it facetiously:

- Scott

That quote is sig material.

v00d00daddy
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
I've watched the replay of the Garcia red card.

Easily could have been called a yellow. That's where I would have put it because his intent wasn't to catch Kamara on the thigh with his studs.

That being said, I totally understand why it was called a red. He missed the ball on the bounce but he needs to be responsible when the bottom of his foot is up that high. That easily could have really injured Kamara.

I have no problem with the red card call. If the play was the other way we all would have been screaming at Toledo to send the guy off. It was 50/50 in terms of yellow vs. red....and he went with a red. It happens..

On another note...I love that Preki considered that game a loss based on our performance. The guy can be a dick and makes some weird decisions sometimes with personnel choices but I love his (reasonably) high expectations.

Whoop
06-07-2010, 03:43 PM
But what I don't understand why wasn't there at least a yellow to Conrad for nearly kicking or kicking Barrett in the face?

Shakes McQueen
06-07-2010, 03:45 PM
But what I don't understand why wasn't there at least a yellow to Conrad for nearly kicking or kicking Barrett in the face?

EXACTLY!

If the ref thought Garcia "needed to be responsible when his foot was that high" (knee level), then how did Conrad get to boot Barrett in the face with a kick attempt above his head, and come away with nothing more than a whistle?!

- Scott

Hooligan69
06-08-2010, 02:13 AM

What exactly defines normal?

Pachuco
06-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Ok let me start by saying that I don't necessarily think the Garcia play was a red card. However, there is something to be said here. I am seeing way too many people with a black or white mentality here (ironically, I just got accused of this a few days ago). The fact of the matter is there are a ton of people who think this call was a red card, and that's people that support TFC. Not only that, at first glance, I didn't think it was a red but I was knowhere near the play, then watching it on replay I thought it was definately a yellow but I could see how the call ended up being a red. Not that I agree with the call but I could see how a ref would interpret the rule book and call that a red card.

So, the lesson learned here guys is there is an overwhelming number of people that have seen the play that agree it's a red, the same goes for people who don't think it was a red. The ref has a split second to make a decision, he doesn't have the luxury we all have of watching the replay over and over.

So was it a bad call? obviously not, it seems as though this could've gone either way. We happened to have a ref that leans to the side of punishing players, another ref may have cut him a break. That doesn't make either one of them right or wrong.

Fact of the matter is, Garcia should not have put himself in that situation. Specially when you know who the ref is.

jloome
06-08-2010, 10:18 AM
Ok let me start by saying that I don't necessarily think the Garcia play was a red card. However, there is something to be said here. I am seeing way too many people with a black or white mentality here (ironically, I just got accused of this a few days ago). The fact of the matter is there are a ton of people who think this call was a red card, and that's people that support TFC. Not only that, at first glance, I didn't think it was a red but I was knowhere near the play, then watching it on replay I thought it was definately a yellow but I could see how the call ended up being a red. Not that I agree with the call but I could see how a ref would interpret the rule book and call that a red card.

So, the lesson learned here guys is there is an overwhelming number of people that have seen the play that agree it's a red, the same goes for people who don't think it was a red. The ref has a split second to make a decision, he doesn't have the luxury we all have of watching the replay over and over.

So was it a bad call? obviously not, it seems as though this could've gone either way. We happened to have a ref that leans to the side of punishing players, another ref may have cut him a break. That doesn't make either one of them right or wrong.

Fact of the matter is, Garcia should not have put himself in that situation. Specially when you know who the ref is.

This isn't a logical argument, this is a statement that it's a divided issue, which we already know.

To me, it's a clear yellow card, but that doesn't equate to "so it could be a red." I didn't think it was a red when it happened, it doesn't look like a red on replay, and we've even had someone list the legal requirements for a red in one of these threads, and it doesn't meet those, either.

It was a rotten call. It was a cardable offence. It was not a red card, because there was a) no intent and b) garcia's foot came up before the other player came in. Kamara's speed to the ball caused the collision.

I'm not blaming the ref for not seeing that. He doesn't have a) a perfect camera angle and b) instant replay. But to me, there's no way it's red. So it is black-and-white to some of us, Pachuco.

In fact, I've offered you multiple "shades of grey" between "The ref is an asshole" and "Nick Garcia deserved it." People can actually make mistakes and still be let off by circumstances, and refs often fall into that category.

Now, when they're routinely 20 yards behind the play and call a red card every other game? Then, to me, it indicates a problem.

Blazer
06-08-2010, 10:22 AM

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

Given the referee, a guy who evidently has his own standard of officiating, it was indeed a red card. Problem is, he’s got a standard that isn’t at all consistent with what we see on a regular basis both in MLS and certainly internationally. If card worthy at all, the standard suggests that yellow is the colour of choice at the very most. Red is/was/should be embarrassing to both FIFA and MLS.

I take a different approach to the whole thing. Don’t blame an incompetent referee himself rather blame the incompetent boobs that employ him who don’t see the err in his ways. His ratio of officiated games to red cards delivered is absurd and out of control. But that’s not his fault, the same way it’s not the fault of any employee hired to do a job that they are just not qualified or capable of doing. We all work with them, but do we blame them directly or our daft bosses for hiring? I dunno.

pekduck
06-08-2010, 10:23 AM
^
issue is with 'his own standard of officiating' he did not apply his stand to card the kick to Barrett's face

inconsistency is my beef.. either red card both, or none

Blazer
06-08-2010, 10:28 AM
This isn't a logical argument, this is a statement that it's a divided issue, which we already know.

To me, it's a clear yellow card, but that doesn't equate to "so it could be a red." I didn't think it was a red when it happened, it doesn't look like a red on replay, and we've even had someone list the legal requirements for a red in one of these threads, and it doesn't meet those, either.

It was a rotten call. It was a cardable offence. It was not a red card, because there was a) no intent and b) garcia's foot came up before the other player came in. Kamara's speed to the ball caused the collision.

I'm not blaming the ref for not seeing that. He doesn't have a) a perfect camera angle and b) instant replay. But to me, there's no way it's red. So it is black-and-white to some of us, Pachuco.

In fact, I've offered you multiple "shades of grey" between "The ref is an asshole" and "Nick Garcia deserved it." People can actually make mistakes and still be let off by circumstances, and refs often fall into that category.

Now, when they're routinely 20 yards behind the play and call a red card every other game? Then, to me, it indicates a problem.

I don’t necessarily agree that a player has to have “intent” to receive a red card. I don’t think a red hinges on that very component rather recklessness or even willful blindness can also lead to red cards.

I do agree that a red often results more frequently when there is intent, but I think that there are many situations without intent that also cause red cards.

I agree with much of what you've said.

Blazer
06-08-2010, 10:33 AM
^
issue is with 'his own standard of officiating' he did not apply his stand to card the kick to Barrett's face

inconsistency is my beef.. either red card both, or none

I don’t disagree. I think he was resigned to keeping his whistle in his pocket after his farewell off the pitch at half. And, with his track record and outward will to carry on as he does, he’s not about to make an even up call just because we’re screaming bloody hell.

It’s more than evident that he’s incompetent – which is why it shouldn’t come as any surprise that he didn’t card the kick to Barrett’s face. After his first half display, we really shouldn’t be surprised with anything this guy does anymore. It’s really too bad.

Oldtimer
06-08-2010, 12:02 PM
As all of the discussion now is about Toledo's call, we will continue the discussion in the Toledo thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23065