PDA

View Full Version : Hscanovic Pile on

Ossington Mental Youth
06-03-2010, 09:38 AM
hes the new garcia to most people. im tired of it, hes not that bad, hes not that good.
I dont mind him and i need to see more of him but the criticism is boring.

Shakes McQueen
06-03-2010, 09:41 AM
I don't understand the pile-on, because he hasn't contributed directly to anything negative yet. Garcia became a pariah when he directly caused us to lose more than one game. Hscanovics is a 2nd choice LB, and plays that role reasonably well.

- Scott

Joe Kool
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I don't understand the pile-on, because he hasn't contributed directly to anything negative yet. Garcia became a pariah when he directly caused us to lose more than one game. Hscanovics is a 2nd choice LB, and plays that role reasonably well.

- Scott

Agreed. He's not the best player but he hasn't really cost us any wins yet so he shouldn't be in the Garcia category. Calling for a "pile on" is kind of premature.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-03-2010, 10:30 AM
im not calling for a pile on, im saying other people are piling on him and i think its unreasonable. I agree whole heartedly with Shakes.

Whoop
06-03-2010, 10:32 AM
While I'm not a huge fan - he's a depth player at best - until he heads in an own goal and costs us a game he will never be at Garcia's level.

Stouffville_RPB
06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Amen.

Tackles hard and gets forward well enough. Were peeople expecting Patrice Evra?

Damien
06-03-2010, 11:02 AM
I still like him better than Steinbrenner

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/4241/08222004130709cg2.jpg

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
I must have missed something. Is there a pile-on somewhere?

From a personal point of view, he is underwhelming. But that's pretty much it.

trane
06-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Amen.

Tackles hard and gets forward well enough. Were peeople expecting Patrice Evra?

Agreed. People are just looking to complain.

jloome
06-03-2010, 11:39 AM
Occasional brain farts, which may be a sign he doesn't thrive in a "you have to earn your job" situation, which may mean he's a bench player.

But he's all right. He's very good going forward, better positionally than Jimmy was. His tackling is a bit dire sometimes, same as Usanov. Hscanovic's first touch is much better than Usanov's, but his marking's a little weaker, maybe.

Neither is an ideal starter.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-03-2010, 11:40 AM
my issue with him is definitely man marking a man with the ball, he has a tendency to back away vs taking them on

ManUtd4ever
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Hscanovics had a dismal performance yesterday but he has played well at times this season. I think Harden will prove to be our most reliable starting LB if he's given the opportunity...

BayernTFC
06-03-2010, 12:43 PM
hes the new garcia to most people. im tired of it, hes not that bad, hes not that good.
I dont mind him and i need to see more of him but the criticism is boring.
I think that some people's opinions are still coloured by Hscanovics first couple of appearances for TFC. All players for TFC have made mistakes and continue to make some. It may be prudent to remember that Raivis hasn't been with TFC for that long. He has only recently come to NA from Europe to play in a league that exhibits a different behaviour and skill level than he is used to. He was inserted into the line-up without much preparation with his new teammates, and the line-up seems to change frequently. He is a young man who has made a move to a different continent and has more than just football to adjust to.

I have noticed improvement in his play, but I would like to see more from Hscanovics. Some of his passes/throw-ins appear to be off because his expectations of where teammates will be, and where they actually go, differ. Some of his passes/throw-ins are under weighted. I have seen similar things from JDG. From what I have seen, Raivis exhibits an understanding and anticipation of the game lacking in many MLS players. His execution and timing still need to improve. That comes with better familiarity and regular playing time. The difference between how Hsconovics performed against NE the first time around compared to the second was like night and day. It would be a shame to see Raivis chased away from TFC before he is given a chance, only for him to prosper elsewhere like some other former TFC players who were given up on too quickly...

Fishnicker
06-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Anyone who jumps on Chad for a piggyback ride is OK in my books...

Technorgasm
06-03-2010, 01:21 PM

- Scott

in EPIC 111 there were three guys FULLY decked out with Latvia gear . .

with his name on, headbands, jerseys, latvian flags. .fucking Burguny and white pumas. . I mean, these guys went to the EXTREMEME> .

and I am fans of that kind of shit. . .

Whoop
06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Latvians are good dudes.

I know that in the hockey world Latvians are considered the best supporters out there.

druid
06-03-2010, 01:26 PM
His tackling in the first couple of games was absolutely shocking. He could have done serious harm to opposition players.

Haven't noticed too much good or bad about him lately.

maninb
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Hscanovics had a dismal performance yesterday but he has played well at times this season. I think Harden will prove to be our most reliable starting LB if he's given the opportunity...

well said....Hscanovics crossing ability is ABYSMAL!!! And Gargan is a much steadier option at RB instead of Usanov...

Pachuco
06-03-2010, 02:55 PM
He's terrible. His first 6 passes yesterday went to a blue shirt. Yeah he gets forward, but he isn't effective. Atleast Jimmy put the ball in the net every so often (if you are going to compare their ability to go forward), I'd be shocked and eat my words if Hscanovic scores a goal in a TFC uniform. Anyways, who cares about him getting forward, his role is to defend and he's quite horrible at that. Mis-tackles, out of position, doesn't know how to clear the ball to the wings, he's honestly terrible.

And listen, Preki's tried everybody at LB at this point over Hscanovic. It's obvious Preki doesn't think much of him either.

As Hsvcanovic showed yesterdy, he should be loaned out to the TFC Academy.

Usanov on the other hand can stay on the team as depth. He's definately not as bad as Hsvanovic although I don't think he should be starting.

BTW - Since when do you judge a player by how many own goals he scores? That's retarted. I guess Braz should be called back to the team since he didn't put the ball in his own net either.

BayernTFC
06-03-2010, 03:18 PM
Gargan is a much steadier option at RB instead of Usanov...
You mean #8 Dan Gargan who released Corrales and left him unmarked in the box on Corrales' header goal off of Convey's corner kick in the game against San Jose???

Here is an article on Fulham's Clint Dempsey that I think is pertinent to this discussion:

Visit Craven Cottage, home of the Fulham Football Club in London, and this is what you'll hear on game day:
"He scores with his left,
He scores with his riiiiight,
That boy Clint Dempsey (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/39928),
Makes Drogba look shite!"

Now, visit almost any website or blog that deals with the subject of the U.S. soccer team. With just a bit of poking around on the topic of Dempsey, you'll likely find comments like this one: "He's lazy. He doesn't track back on defense and his effort is lacking in most all games. So what if the guy plays well on the club level, he doesn't do very well (more often than not) for the U.S."

Meet Clint Dempsey, American soccer's human Rorschach test. No question, he's made a mark on the game. Just what that mark looks like, though, often depends on the eye of the beholder.

As for how he performs for the national team, fans need only look at his statistics. He scores at a far higher rate for the U.S. team than for Fulham, and he's the second-leading Yanks scorer behind Landon Donovan (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/player/_/id/67738) over the past four years, including three marquee goals at last year's Confederations Cup. "In big games," he says, "I always come through."

And yet, a consistent chorus of media and fans continues to dress him down. In that Trinidad match, ESPN analyst John Harkes said Dempsey looked tired, even sick. Dempsey heard similar critiques during the Confederations Cup, especially after the U.S. lost its first two matches, to Italy and Brazil, and he hadn't scored in either. "People who aren't educated about the game are going to take whatever a commentator has to say as the complete truth," he says. "And that's not always the case. That's just their opinion."

But while Americans were busy lambasting him, the FIFA Technical Study Group, a selection of noted coaches and statistical analysts who critiqued every player in the Confederations Cup, lauded Dempsey's play -- singling out his effort by rewarding him with the Bronze Ball trophy. The irony is not lost on the player. "I was top three in the whole tournament in distance covered," he says. "You can question my effectiveness, but you can't question my heart and my effort."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/world-cup/story/_/id/5244060/ce/us/2010-world-cup-clint-dempsey-star-overseas-in-united-states?cc=5901&ver=us

A very interesting and insightful read imho. Opinions are like noses, everyone has one...

FootieChick
06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
I like him. I think he's a good defender and he has the speed and the passion for the game. He isn't our best defender, but he definitely does what needs to be done. Not like Usanov who keeps getting yellow freakin' cards! #(%&#. Oh and he DOES NOT score in our net!

TOBOR !
06-05-2010, 10:02 AM
Hscanovic is okay by me.

Davenport
06-06-2010, 06:11 PM
He's simply not good enough to be a professional.

profit89
06-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Garcia is on a different level altogether. And by different level i mean much much worse.

jdgcrean
06-07-2010, 06:55 AM
anyone notice that we have our own hanson brothers - Hscanovics, Usanov and Saric?

Dman81
06-07-2010, 11:32 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a8/Raivis_Hscanovics.jpg VS http://content8.flixster.com/photo/11/02/28/11022838_gal.jpg

Looks like separated at birth to me !

especially his roster photo...