PDA

View Full Version : Montreal vs A.C. Milan

habstfc
06-02-2010, 11:14 PM
For anyone interested, the montrealvs ac milan game is on right now on SRC channel 860 on bell expressvu. I don't know what it's on on rogers etc. It's quite entertaining, Montreal is holding their own. It's 1-1 in first half.

Cas87
06-02-2010, 11:20 PM
Make that 2-1 AC

habstfc
06-02-2010, 11:37 PM
2-1 milan at half. Good back and forth entertaining game, packed house, it looks like they layed a temporary grass pitch at olympic stadium.

zamperina
06-03-2010, 11:43 AM
4-1 final in favour of AC Milan.

Goals by - Pato, Pippo, Seedorf and Ronaldinho (pen.)

drewski
06-03-2010, 12:19 PM
if Montreal can score against AC Milan, but not us, then logically, we're better defensively than AC Milan :D

Oldtimer
06-03-2010, 12:26 PM
if Montreal can score against AC Milan, but not us, then logically, we're better defensively than AC Milan :D

Makes sense to me! :drinking:

BuSaPuNk
06-03-2010, 12:33 PM

I like your logic!!

Stouffville_RPB
06-03-2010, 02:16 PM

Milan's defense, without Nesta, was horrid this season so you could actually have something here.:)

KezmanCCCC
06-03-2010, 03:14 PM
looks like AC milan brought most of there big names... well the ones not involved in the WC that is.... i wish a got to watch abit of it... anyone know if there will be a repeat sometime today??

james
06-03-2010, 05:13 PM
wierd an afternoon game on a normal thursday! was the game sold out??

rocker
06-03-2010, 08:40 PM
47000.. not sold out but very good.

SoccMan
06-03-2010, 09:33 PM
47000 not bad, here in Toronto we got a little over 20,000 for Juventus vs. Fiorentina at the Rogers Center by comparison, and I'm told it looked more like 13,000 than 20,000.

Luca
06-03-2010, 09:39 PM

The Zeroth Law of Thermodynamics!

Toronto Ruffrider
06-03-2010, 11:12 PM
2-1 milan at half. Good back and forth entertaining game, packed house, it looks like they layed a temporary grass pitch at olympic stadium.

I know it's only a friendly, but that's a nice touch. The only two games played on natural grass at the Skydome were very well attended.

Razcle
06-04-2010, 11:41 AM
When do we get to see our beloved TFC play at a large venue full of fans?

This looks like a very decent crowed at the big white elephant

http://www.montrealimpact.com/PepePhoto/Images/Photo13-0354.jpg

RealG-TFC
06-04-2010, 02:53 PM
When do we get to see our beloved TFC play at a large venue full of fans?

When we defeat Montagua to be in the group stages of the Champions League.

Oldtimer
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
When we defeat Montagua to be in the group stages of the Champions League.

We'll fill up the Dome!

The Jays can't do it, so we'll need to!

Razcle
06-04-2010, 06:39 PM
^ I think it maybe difficult. But if the prices are attractive and we all agree to bring a friend or a pair, We may just be able to do it.

Hopefully the Montreal support will ensure we fill the dome in spite if nothing else.

B45
06-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I don't favour playing at Rogers Centre unless it was a friendly. Any meaningful game we play should be at BMO Field whether it is summer or winter. We have a heated pitch, so if TFC ever advanced from CONCACAF Group Stage, their home game in the Quarters would be in late February or early March, it would be sad to play that game in Rogers Centre, especially if against a Mexican or Central American squad and give up the "cold advantage". While our players might not like it either, the opposition will hate it more. If AC Milan or Man U were to play TFC in a friendly, I'd have no problem with that being at Rogers Centre but an important match should be always at BMO. It was cool to see the Impact get 55,000 for that game against Santos but if they had a heated pitch, would they not have played at Saputo?

Oldtimer
06-07-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't favour playing at Rogers Centre unless it was a friendly. Any meaningful game we play should be at BMO Field whether it is summer or winter. We have a heated pitch, so if TFC ever advanced from CONCACAF Group Stage, their home game in the Quarters would be in late February or early March, it would be sad to play that game in Rogers Centre, especially if against a Mexican or Central American squad and give up the "cold advantage". While our players might not like it either, the opposition will hate it more. If AC Milan or Man U were to play TFC in a friendly, I'd have no problem with that being at Rogers Centre but an important match should be always at BMO. It was cool to see the Impact get 55,000 for that game against Santos but if they had a heated pitch, would they not have played at Saputo?

This isn't England. In February we'd probably see 300-500 hardcore fans come out. If they play at the Dome, at least 30,000. MLSE is not stupid, even with paying the late Uncle Ted's company for leasing the Dome, they would make much more money from holding it there.

I'm against BMO in February because it would result in a significant risk of injury or health problems from playing outdoors, even if the pitch isn't frozen. Plus it would be almost impossible to get grass to grow in those conditions, so they'd have to overlay the pitch with turf.

There are too many complexities to realistically hold it at BMO Field. However, if we get 30K+ coming out to the Dome, that will already be a strong home advantage.