PDA

View Full Version : Post--Game: The Reds Are The Champions - Vancouver at Toronto

denime
06-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Keep it coming guys.

deschamp86
06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Not much could be expected out of the young academy kids, but I thought once Nicholas Lindsay started getting the hang of the game he played quite well. He burnt Tsiskaridze (sp?) a number of times on the wing.

rocker
06-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Vancouver fails to win the Voyageurs Cup again. suckers.

TFCtoMUFC
06-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Just got home from the game. Lindsay and Henry looked very strong. Ibby sucks, once his GA runs out, dump him.

Oldtimer
06-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Fuad was disappointing. I liked the Academy player (forget his name) that DeRo subbed off, he showed heart and some good moves.

Roogsy
06-02-2010, 09:42 PM
LrcqvTbrVgs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrcqvTbrVgs

Oldtimer
06-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Vancouver fails to win the Voyageurs Cup again. suckers.

They can't beat Montreal's reserves.
They can't beat Toronto's reserves + academy.

Vancouver are a sorry lot.

twistedchinaman
06-02-2010, 09:48 PM
^ To be fair, they also played some academy guys...I think?

Still, twice they have been burned by Montreal and Toronto in the NCC (and this year especially, 2009) -- have to wonder if the calls of "conspiracy" has arisen amongst the Southsiders.

James17930
06-02-2010, 09:57 PM
I think we're all just coming to realize that their main attribute is size -- they really don't have a lot of skill. When they meet a team that passes the ball around well they can't compete.

Of course, being a man down for 60 mins didn't help them either.

TFC_Junky
06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
anyone notice that Lindsay from the acadamy was really quick and burnt the LB a few times?

smtavare
06-02-2010, 10:03 PM
:flare:

The Whitecaps are the ones that complained to Soccer Canada about Montreal not putting on A Squad last year thus causing them to lose to TFC so badly, and taking away Vancouver's so called "clinched" championship.

Soccer Canada made all three teams promise to compete for every game this year which Montreal did when they played their A squad instead of putting on their B Squad against Vancouver even though they were already eliminated. Ironically funny lol:scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf::scarf:

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS MY FRIENDS - ALL WE"LL KEEP ON FIGHTING TO THE END!!!!!

James17930
06-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Anyone got the attendance number?

MUFC_Niagara
06-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I was happy to see some of the academy lads get their chance. It was nice to be able to rest most of our first choice 11 for an important league tie. It was what I expected....bogged down in midfield with minial chances.

Ryan1984
06-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Anyone got the attendance number?

15,100 i believe was announced at the game

TFCRegina
06-02-2010, 10:14 PM
Henry played very well and looked like he was a regular member of the squad.

denime
06-02-2010, 10:17 PM
15,100 i believe was announced at the game

That is a great number considering rain,midweek night game and on top of that no importance whatsoever.

jazzy
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Not much could be expected out of the young academy kids, but I thought once Nicholas Lindsay started getting the hang of the game he played quite well. He burnt Tsiskaridze (sp?) a number of times on the wing.

Lindsay was awesome for his first shot...he had quite a few wide runs and showed some skill getting by the defenders.....his passes though, needed more weight...I see a future winger for TFC

TFC Bhoy
06-02-2010, 10:24 PM
just got back from the game and am absolutely SOAKED!!! The rain stopped for a bit only to come on harder and harder later. But couldn't care less because of the amount of pride I felt in the boys when they lifted up that trophy!!!

WELL DONE BOYS!!!

jazzy
06-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Just got home from the game. Lindsay and Henry looked very strong. Ibby sucks, once his GA runs out, dump him.

this is unfortunately the truth

tfc2007
06-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I still think dero and deguz should not have even been dressed for this game. No need. Let one of the other academy kids on. If either one of them had been injured in that game I think a lot more people would be vocal now.

James17930
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
That is a great number considering rain,midweek night game and on top of that no importance whatsoever.

Definitely.

Henry did look fairly solid, didn't he? And Matheson did okay, too, considering he wasn't getting much service.

I feel bad for Nane -- what a very unlucky fall. I thought the other TFC players should've put the ball out long before they actually did, though. I mean, they should have realized he was hurt -- why would someone feign injury in the 3rd minute of a game?

jazzy
06-02-2010, 10:32 PM

Actually there were much more than that, but at the start of the game Al-Mo and Beerbaron took off their shirts and that was that. Women and families fled the scene.

TFC_Junky
06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
The championnes chant all night was priceless!

jazzy
06-02-2010, 10:36 PM
I still think dero and deguz should not have even been dressed for this game. No need. Let one of the other academy kids on. If either one of them had been injured in that game I think a lot more people would be vocal now.

my thoughts exactly, Why even bring DeRo on, late in the game, a couple of the kids called up didn't get the call..... should have played them even for 5 mins

Auzzy
06-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm sure DeRo wanted to be out there, and earn the cup on the field.

Ty Harden & Doneil Henry looked like they've been playing central defense together for a couple of years. Especially amazing performance by Doneil, considering he's fricken 17 years old & never played with this team before. (I admit, Doneil's distribution forward was very mixed: a few great plays, and a few very bad ones.) Granted, top MLS forwards would have caused more trouble for them, but for tonight they did great.

I loved the atmosphere in the stadium!

James17930
06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm sure DeRo wanted to be out there, and earn the cup on the field.

Exactly.

TFC Bhoy
06-02-2010, 11:01 PM
DeRo definitely definitely deserved to be out there to lift the trophy after all he has done for the team. He also won the player of the tournament award. I'm glad we brought him on so he could lift those trophies in the TFC jersey and not some suit

Jeffro
06-02-2010, 11:02 PM
^and De Guz needed minutes to make sure he's match fit for Saturday...

Brooker
06-02-2010, 11:10 PM
fuuuuuuuuuuuasdausds c,ooooooooon beer me!

Mr. Bigby
06-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I agree that Lindsay was VERY impressive. He did not look overmatched at all, and showed skill and heart! I was also impressed with our third string goalkeeper, the few times he was tested.

Hooligan69
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
Congrats to our boys on the 2nd consecutive NCC victory. Well done. Shame I couldn't make it to the game tonight. Missed out on 2 home games in a row now. Boo.

UltraSuperMegaMo
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I tough Henry and Lindsay looked strong. Henry made some poor passes, but he looked up to the challenge, he might been a little lucky that Haber got sent off. Matheson had a couple good moments, but I was expected more from him based on the CSL games I've seen him play.

The player I was most impressed with was Usanov, he was very strong going forward. The cross him made to Ibby late in the game was one of the best crosses I've seen a TFC player make ever.

Yagbod
06-03-2010, 12:11 AM
Usanov is fearless.

DichioTFC
06-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Usanov is fearless.

http://blog.moondogstudios.com/sketches/russian_lg.jpg
Usanov = Angry Russian

twistedchinaman
06-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Academy guys were actually pretty good -- I'm afraid I also agree with all the get-rid-of-Ibby talk: the guy isn't playing very much, and when he is, he's not doing much...

twistedchinaman
06-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Usanov is fearless.

Him and Saric, that's what we need.

I've said it before that we've needed an enforcer to really metaphorically read the Riot Act to the opposition, and lay down OUR rules that THEY have to play on. In Saric and Usanov, we have this.

Steve
06-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Lindsay wasn't bad, Henry wasn't too bad, Matheson was disappointing to me though. I had heard good things, so maybe just had high expectations, but he was not making good runs, didn't have a good touch, and seemed weak on the ball (though to be fair, that might be due to his age). Not ready for the big time yet, but I hope this will give him some motivation "see that crowd? That's what you're working towards. See your performance? You might be good, but you're not good enough yet, now work your ass off".

As for DeGuz and DeRo I don't mind them being out. DeGuz was out for two reasons, one, he needed a game to make sure he was fit for Sat (or at least a half) and since we have a break after Sat, and he hasn't been playing much, there isn't too much concern about fatigue. Second, he probably wanted to play with the kids, which I think was great. If we had just put academy players out there, it wouldn't have done them any good (since they always play with academy players), the point was to put academy players out there with some first team players so they can learn from the best. Now, despite how he has been playing recently, JDG is one of the best and most experienced players ever to play for Canada (or TFC), so it must be a dream come true for these kids.

Same goes for DeRo. He is our team captain, and MVP of the year. The kids out there got to play 30 minutes with him, where they got to see how he moved, where he passed, and play off of him. That experience is great. Plus, DeRo probably wanted to be on the pitch with the armband at the end of the game.

menefreghista
06-03-2010, 07:41 AM

I think the number is slightly inflated. Most likely because they must be listing tickets sold, not actual in stadium attendance.

As for whether its a good number or not. We use to get a lot more for these type of games, but I guess the meaninglessness has to be counted in as well.

One thing is certain, I am glad I did not miss the trophy presentation and celebration. That was worth sitting through a boring 0-0 draw in the rain.

canadian_bhoy
06-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Bodysuit man!!!

Who's got the pics!

TO's newest instant legend!

__wowza
06-03-2010, 08:40 AM
did someone say..

FUAD IBRAHIM?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0b8889i6pW8Oo/610x.jpg

maninb
06-03-2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah Usanov was okay against a bunch of scrubs...but lets remember ANYBODY with a bit of pace KILLS him, and forces his horrible tackles, which turn into cards...Gargan is a much better/reliable option at RB for the time being...Very impressed with Harden at the back....and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get rid of Hscanovics....he's starting to make Garcia look like a decent option...

__wowza
06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Bodysuit man!!!

Who's got the pics!

TO's newest instant legend!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Costanza

i also agree, when i saw him holding the "shirts off" sign i nearly popped a testicle laughing. speaking of red bodysuit, weren't we playing a man ahead for like.. 60 minutes?

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-03-2010, 08:44 AM
best south stands atmosphere in a very long time.
and quite possibly our (along with quite a far reaching 113 and 111) best tfc bounce ever.

scooter
06-03-2010, 08:50 AM

yes lets dump him so he can move on to new york and become a superstar for the shite bulls

deltox
06-03-2010, 08:56 AM
its a shame about Nane Joseph.

they said its a dislocated shoulder

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 09:01 AM
and quite possibly our (along with quite a far reaching 113 and 111) best tfc bounce ever.

This.

Great game to bring my buddies who play in the OSL. They'd never been to the south stands and left in awe.

Belfast_Boy
06-03-2010, 09:11 AM

Had a great time there last night! Owen (my son) was still smiling when he got up. He loved being in the south stands.

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
As the next generation comes up, we need to figure out a way to pressure the front office to make our section OUR section. Where will the future RPBs be able to sing with us when the rest of us get old?

canadian_bhoy
06-03-2010, 09:18 AM
about a minute in.
http://videos.sapo.pt/yWN1brWh2iQNe075Z2RJ

icecoldbeer
06-03-2010, 09:28 AM
about a minute in.

haha thats how I felt last night

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=372&pictureid=2443

Whoop
06-03-2010, 09:29 AM

Fuck, of all the days to get into a car accident and miss the game.

:(

Oldtimer
06-03-2010, 09:31 AM
As the next generation comes up, we need to figure out a way to pressure the front office to make our section OUR section. Where will the future RPBs be able to sing with us when the rest of us get old?

When we're really old, we'll probably have to sit down, which means we'll need an RPB section in the prawnies! We'll bang our canes on the seats whenever TFC scores a goal!

The youngsters can then take our standing sections in the south end.

By then, hopefully TFC will be in a 35,000 seat stadium, so finding good seats won't be a problem.

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 09:35 AM
When we're really old, we'll probably have to sit down, which means we'll need an RPB section in the prawnies! We'll bang our canes on the seats whenever TFC scores a goal!

The youngsters can then take our standing sections in the south end.

By then, hopefully TFC will be in a 35,000 seat stadium, so finding good seats won't be a problem.

Unless the day comes my legs are too arthritic for me to stand, I will always prefer the supporters stands. I will stand on crutches if I have to.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-03-2010, 09:45 AM
about a minute in.

love the pats and the calling over to the other fans while eating, hahaha

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-03-2010, 09:46 AM
Fuck, of all the days to get into a car accident and miss the game.

:(

hope everything's okay, vic

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 09:49 AM
Did anyone get any video of the bunker last night? At one point I saw 90% of 112 and 113 do the bounce.

I almost cried.

nobodybeatsthewiz
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
i hope so, roogsy, as when i looked back and around i saw the same. 113 really brought it during the bounces.

TFC Cityboy
06-03-2010, 09:55 AM
the bounce is phenomenal this season...but once again it stops at 114 and it's weak in 115 despite our efforts.

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
111 is still massively quiet during long stretches of the game. Save for the first few rows, it's like they either don't know or don't like the Bounce.

113 brought it last night. Bravo.

We need to work on a strategy to get 114 and 115 going. The problem? There are pockets of resistance in those areas.

pekduck
06-03-2010, 10:01 AM
^
more than half of the people in 111 are new faces last night.. go figure

jaxul
06-03-2010, 10:01 AM
Fantastic atmosphere, average quality of play was to be expected. I thought our keeper was very good, especially on that shot that was going straight to the top corner! 112-113 were amazing all game long. Loved the players' slides in each corner after the game. Overall a great night of celebration! I have a couple of vids. Will post them up in the media section tonight.

:flare::scarf::flare:

jaxul
06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
111 is still massively quiet during long stretches of the game. Save for the first few rows, it's like they either don't know or don't like the Bounce.

We need to work on a strategy to get 114 and 115 going. The problem? There are pockets of resistance in those areas.

Yeah 111 has seen better games. Is it me or did I see people sitting at the top of 112?? :D

A couple of us tried to get 117-118 going but NOBODY was cooperating except when it was a TFC corner...

I need better seats for future games! :drum:

Hustle
06-03-2010, 10:08 AM
I have no voice today and my legs hurt from stomping out the beat.

A few of us from 111 came to the middle of 112 for the first half....we were giving her hard doing our best to help carry the chants throughout the top half of the section, so a big thanks to those that made room for us.

Sloop TFC is an instant classic...something you can sing over and over and over and not get bored of. An amazing addition to the body of work.

TFC_Junky
06-03-2010, 10:09 AM

^

We in the front rows of 111 are always ready to go but agreed with PD there were an aweful lot of new faces last night. Cheers to the hardcores in 111 who are always there and bouncing!
:flare:

Dbl_D
06-03-2010, 10:10 AM
^
i think most moved over from the other east side sections...

Hustle
06-03-2010, 10:12 AM
111 is always new faces...its frustrating but the only positive is that hopefully a percentage of them are learning the chants and will get more involved as time goes on. 111 is going to take a Long time to get good as its a big section.

frantic
06-03-2010, 10:14 AM

+1.

had my first experience doing the TFC bounce in 112. it was awesome. made me glad i ended up going to the game. the "shirts off" crew were great, as well. lol. anyone know if those pictures will be posted anywhere?

David_Oliveira
06-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Started the game at the top of 111 last night. After getting death stares for chanting, I migrated to another section that was crazy. Great job last night. Anyone else notice the KKK meeting in the north end? lol I really think there should be a ban on white ponchos. I wish I had brought my camera.

Auzzy
06-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Who the heck was in the top of Section 226 last night? Those guys were going strong for the full 90 minutes. Very impressive for that part of the stadium!

bgnewf
06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
From my vantage point down in front of 113, 112 was bringing it hard all night. Great job all evening. Bobby Brizzo from U Sector and your boy Boris were working together very well.

111 did indeed seem a little dead.

TheWolf
06-03-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm in 110 and a lot of us were bouncing together....111 is good for the first 5-7 rows and then is pretty garbage

Toronto Ruffrider
06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
I think the number is slightly inflated. Most likely because they must be listing tickets sold, not actual in stadium attendance.

As for whether its a good number or not. We use to get a lot more for these type of games, but I guess the meaninglessness has to be counted in as well.

One thing is certain, I am glad I did not miss the trophy presentation and celebration. That was worth sitting through a boring 0-0 draw in the rain.

The attendance seemed inflated to me, but it couldn't have been tickets sold. TFC has a season ticket base of 16,000, and since V-Cup games are included in season ticket packages, the MINIMUM paid attendance for yesterday's game would have been 16,000 plus partial pack sales. I'm not sure how the club came up with a figure of 15,100 at yesterday's game.

Darlofletch
06-03-2010, 11:38 AM
I think a lot of people were hiding under the stands. During the dry periods, the stadium filled out a lot more than I thought it would, so I'd say 15,000 is plausible. Though why you'd go to the game in that weather, sit through a game that didn't really mean anything and wasn't really that exciting, then leave before the trophy presentation is beyond me.

grizzle
06-03-2010, 11:53 AM
Henry played very well and looked like he was a regular member of the squad.

Are you kidding? I thought he was one of the worst players out there. Everytime he got the ball he seemed scared to hold it or move anywhere with it and a lot of his passes were way off.

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 11:55 AM
I think a lot of people were hiding under the stands. During the dry periods, the stadium filled out a lot more than I thought it would, so I'd say 15,000 is plausible. Though why you'd go to the game in that weather, sit through a game that didn't really mean anything and wasn't really that exciting, then leave before the trophy presentation is beyond me.

Ah...how did that slip my mind?

The difference in the stands between the first half and the second half was massive. That could explain it.

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
If it was ever appropriate to point out the lyrics to "Legend", it was last night.

In the sun
In the rain
We will always call your name...

Whoop
06-03-2010, 12:00 PM
If I was there last night I would have started it up... I was singing it on the way down. LOL

menefreghista
06-03-2010, 01:29 PM
The attendance seemed inflated to me, but it couldn't have been tickets sold. TFC has a season ticket base of 16,000, and since V-Cup games are included in season ticket packages, the MINIMUM paid attendance for yesterday's game would have been 16,000 plus partial pack sales. I'm not sure how the club came up with a figure of 15,100 at yesterday's game.

Maybe they subtract the unsold official Ticket Exchange tickets?