PDA

View Full Version : Allando Matheson

Corpand
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Just a heads up, before you guys finishing watching the game, I'm pushing for Allando with his start. Know his family personally and I can tell you he is bomb. Really good at headers and quick. Has a football brain too. Lets hope he pops one in tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSiZg1K-gg&feature=related

TFC/Everton
06-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Let's hope he does!!! I'll drink to that!

Pachuco
06-02-2010, 08:42 PM
This kid looks strong and able. Comfortable on the ball as well. Was hoping they kept him on, I'd like to see more.

Joe Kool
06-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Looks like he ran out of gas at the end there before they took him off so good call for the substitute I think. He played well and looked dangerous in the 1st half.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-02-2010, 09:30 PM
meh he was ok out of all the rookies, i thought both Lindsey and Henry showed more promise and i woudlnt be surprised if they signed em

deschamp86
06-02-2010, 09:40 PM
Lindsay was our best academy player tonight IMO. Henry showed some promise but his distribution was horrid and he was a little too eager and jumped in at times.

He did however not shy away from physical play which impressed me quite a bit.

Jamaicanadian
06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Allando worked hard tonight!
Ran a lot but didnt get much service..
When he did get the ball, he didn't look out of place or sorts!

Proud a di yute!

nfitz
03-17-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm just wondering ... what happened to Allando Matheson?

MarkoftheDrink
03-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Good question.

He's still on the senior academy apparently.
http://www.torontofc.ca/senior-roster

Injury maybe? Does anyone know if he saw any time in the big camp?

oxygenatedbrain
03-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Went to prep school at Avon Farms...committed to UConn for next year...pending his academics (?)...

http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-soccer/articles/Honors/verbal-commitment-list/2011-Boys-Soccer-Verbal-Commitments.aspx

Also, Jordan Murrell to Syracuse.

Stouffville_RPB
03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Ya there was a lot of talk about him at first.

He played a fair number of matches for the academy last season if I remember correctly.

The truth is probably that he just isn't good enough to make the jump (at least quite yet) and that is why he hasn't and is pursuing a college career.

Roogsy
03-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I feel nauseous after watching that vid. :lol:

MarkoftheDrink
03-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Went to prep school at Avon Farms...committed to UConn for next year...pending his academics (?)...

http://rise.espn.go.com/boys-soccer/articles/Honors/verbal-commitment-list/2011-Boys-Soccer-Verbal-Commitments.aspx

Also, Jordan Murrell to Syracuse.

Ahh ty I thought I recalled hearing something about him going to school. That was months ago wasn't it? Someone really needs to update that senior roster.

Ya there was a lot of talk about him at first.

He played a fair number of matches for the academy last season if I remember correctly.

The truth is probably that he just isn't good enough to make the jump (at least quite yet) and that is why he hasn't and is pursuing a college career.

I hope that's the case, but with the state of the franchise when he left, you can't really blame him for leaving. Same with Russell Teibert. I really hope neither of these guys come back to haunt us, it'll be the ghost of MoJo.

Just out of Masochism, anyone have a list of players that have fled our academy?

Yohan
03-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Ahh ty I thought I recalled hearing something about him going to school. That was months ago wasn't it? Someone really needs to update that senior roster.

I hope that's the case, but with the state of the franchise when he left, you can't really blame him for leaving. Same with Russell Teibert. I really hope neither of these guys come back to haunt us, it'll be the ghost of MoJo.

Just out of Masochism, anyone have a list of players that have fled our academy?
didn't russell teibert just sign with the whitecaps?

oxygenatedbrain
03-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Well, they're not "lost"; TFC retains signing rights until the point at which either would enter the Superdraft as graduating seniors...I'm sure Matheson is just taking advantage of the "ride" to get an education, develop his game, increase his profile and put himself in a position to get a bigger contract...Matt Stinson went NCAA last fall, did well but decided the pro route was better for him...

Teibert signed a GA deal, got more than "apprentice" money, and didn't have do an Ethan Gage to get it.

Jamaicanadian
03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
Nuff MLS Academy players gothe NCAA route, check the link! I told you guys over a year a go this was gonna happen, check the archives. If you asked the man himsels I'm sure he'd say he's takin' a different route to his dreams.

Not a bad route either (get that education brah trust me). The UCONN coach will have you prepared and that likkle money is not going anywhere!

MarkoftheDrink
03-18-2011, 04:39 PM
didn't russell teibert just sign with the whitecaps?

Yep: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Whitecaps+sign+teen+sensation+just+time+opener/4462783/story.html

So we definitely don't have his rights any more :)

I certainly don't blame Matheson for taking that route, I blame TFC for not providing the best environment for a player to develop. From what I know about (admittedly that's not too much) NCAA soccer, I get the impression it's a shit place to develop. The focus is too much on winning and not enough on skill. That's why the MLS is full of no-skill grinders.

I think if Matheson was training with the new set up he'd become a better player faster. Now as far as an education goes, maybe MLSE could set up a college fund for the kids who make that sacrifice and don't make it.

MarkoftheDrink
03-18-2011, 04:42 PM
BTW this line from the Teibert article makes me nauseous:

His speed, knack for finding and making room and pinpoint crossing ability make him a likely starter against TFC.

ag futbol
03-18-2011, 09:21 PM
yeah.... he's scored a couple of times in pre-season already. More than likely he will start. This one could bite us in the ass quickly.