PDA

View Full Version : Match Thread: Motagua vs. TFC

Pages : [1] 2

RedsYNWA
06-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Just wandering if a match date has been set yet and if we know if these tix are going to seasons holders first?

sulfur
06-02-2010, 12:14 PM
STH first, yes.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2010, 12:19 PM
July 28/29 First Leg BMO Field

Red CB Toronto
06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Yes, STH will have first right of refusal on your seats, you can either opt in or not into the champions league, you will be charged as each game is confirmed, so you will be charged for the Motagua game right out of gate, then the three group stage games if they make it and so on.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2010, 12:30 PM
If i stand correctly...PR game last year was inlcuded..no?

RedsYNWA
06-02-2010, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys I think the 28th makes sence since we play away @ KC on the 31st

Darlofletch
06-02-2010, 12:33 PM
24th minute has details, pretty much as cblake describes above. Also mls cup 2010 is going to be included in the 2011 season ticket package. So if you don't want to go, tough, you still have to buy tickets.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2010, 12:35 PM
24th minute has details, pretty much as cblake describes above. Also mls cup 2010 is going to be included in the 2011 season ticket package. So if you don't want to go, tough, you still have to buy tickets.

mls cup is in Toronto this season no?....so why would it be included in 2011?

Nodoubtguy
06-02-2010, 12:37 PM
mls cup is in Toronto this season no?....so why would it be included in 2011?

because you renew your seats before that game is played

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-02-2010, 12:40 PM
because you renew your seats before that game is played

hmmmm sneaky!:rolleyes:

Helmet
06-02-2010, 12:47 PM
If i stand correctly...PR game last year was inlcuded..no?

It was included. Hopefully, this game is included as well, since tonight's match despite the presentation of the trophy is nothing more then a friendly.

This is especially true is a number of the academy players get to play.

nfitz
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
It was included. Hopefully, this game is included as well, since tonight's match despite the presentation of the trophy is nothing more then a friendly.This year's game against Motagua isn't included with the seasons ticket package. This has been made clear above, in Dwayne's detailed blog, and also in information that Paul Beirne has tweeted.

And as far as tonight's game goes - perhaps we should be paying extra - when was the last time you watched a game at BMO where there was no worry about how would win? Besides ...be careful what you ask for ... if you classify as a friendly, do you want to pay friendly prices for it?

Joe Kool
06-02-2010, 03:16 PM
I can't wait for the CCL games to start and I am buying the CCL pack for sure.

As far as the MLS Cup tickets being part of the 2011 ticket package, the only reason I can think of for that is that they are scared that it won't sellout without TFC being in it so they have to force us to buy tickets in order to get our season seats for next year. These are guys are the masters of tie-selling.

menefreghista
06-03-2010, 07:30 AM
This year's game against Motagua isn't included with the seasons ticket package.

You are right. It was part of TFC/MLSE's plan to add value to our season tickets by raising the cost and giving us less games.

sully
06-03-2010, 12:59 PM
Anyone get an e-mail from MLSE about tickets for this game yet? It was mentioned at the end of the game last night e-mails would be sent today....(I often don't get emails despite several requests to add me to mailing list..)

Darlofletch
06-03-2010, 01:04 PM
not yet.

Pachuco
06-03-2010, 03:13 PM
Wow, I did not realize this game wasn't included. So our ticket prices went up, and we got less games. Unbelievable.

JonO
06-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Wow, I did not realize this game wasn't included. So our ticket prices went up, and we got less games. Unbelievable.
Yeah - I pointed this out last year in the massive bitch thread regarding season ticket renewals...

Whoop
06-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Speak of the devil. Just got the e-mail.

JonO
06-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Yup. Me too, what do the prices look like (can't access the site)

Whoop
06-03-2010, 04:53 PM
$19 in supporters section
$21 in light grey

JonO
06-03-2010, 04:56 PM
reds?

Nuvinho
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
dark greys/blues - $51
reds - $69

nfitz
06-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah - I pointed this out last year in the massive bitch thread regarding season ticket renewals...I pointed out the same thing. What was interesting, is if you did the math, the average ticket cost if you included the game was very round numbers, and matched what Paul had said the average would be earlier. But if you didn't include the game, the numbers were just random. It's like they decided to not include the game at the last minute ...

gtaguy
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
i know were being raped by ml$e but i thought that by the title of the thread we were going to talk strategy.. In my honest opinion were still atleast one winger and a good striker short ..
In my eyes its imperative that we show our best in this tournament knowing that the grand prize is huge not only in cash but international recognition. thoughts..

canadian_bhoy
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
This game really should have been in the STH pack. Especially given the crappy Carlsberg Cup opponent.

FOR SHAME!!!!
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1aTrKKEiz2A/SdIJGPFV52I/AAAAAAAABts/HXuwsLhEcQQ/s320/abe_simpson.gif

drewski
06-03-2010, 07:31 PM
This game really should have been in the STH pack. Especially given the crappy Carlsberg Cup opponent.

FOR SHAME!!!!

15th place west Ham was big enough for an MLS All Star Game and now 14th place Bolton is crappy.

Man we're spoiled :lol:

Dave67
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM

This will piss me off to no end if true. How is the 2010 final dependant on buying 2011 seasons? Surely they can make it a separate purchase.

brad
06-03-2010, 08:10 PM
This will piss me off to no end if true. How is the 2010 final dependant on buying 2011 seasons? Surely they can make it a separate purchase.

Probably dangling it as carrot to get people to renew.

sully
06-03-2010, 08:23 PM

of course, but there's something rotten about forcing people to make a large financial commitment for next year in order to see one game this year..

rocker
06-03-2010, 08:32 PM
of course, but there's something rotten about forcing people to make a large financial commitment for next year in order to see one game this year..

i think it's kinda the reverse -- that if you don't want to go to MLS Cup but want to renew seasons as always, you still have to pay for it. nobody is that interested in MLS Cup that they'd buy seasons just for the privilege of going to the one game.

of course, I was planning to go to MLS Cup anyways, so it's no big deal to me.

Roogsy
06-03-2010, 08:48 PM
15th place west Ham was big enough for an MLS All Star Game and now 14th place Bolton is crappy.

Man we're spoiled :lol:

I wouldn't have called West Ham a treat either however. Not to offend West Ham fans or anything, but in other years, at least the team used for the game were some kind of Champion from another league. (Except for Everton last year.)

Chelsea
Celtic
Manchester United

Globetrotter
06-03-2010, 09:03 PM

To renew? How about guaranteeing at least 16,000 seats sold for a final in late november that might not even feature TFC.

SoccMan
06-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I hope I'm wrong but, it just seems that interest in TFC is not what it was, look at all the empty seats at some of the games this year. Therefore, I will make a prediction that for the game against the Honduran team, we will be lucky to get about 12,000 fans to that game.

wzhxvy
06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
^ I would not be shocked...lots of people salivate over the business savy of Paul and crew...how has the North end walk up strategy worked boys ? lol

Mind you...there might be some "travelling" support for this one. I dont know where the Hondurans came from when they played Canada in Montreal, but I assume there is a contingent somewhere in NA...would not be shocked if there was a 1000 or even 2000 people supporting the Honduran team at BMO.

DichioTFC
06-03-2010, 10:01 PM
^^ i was talking to someone from TFC and they mentioned that every game has been a sellout, even last Wednesday's game.

jazzy
06-03-2010, 10:08 PM
I hope I'm wrong but, it just seems that interest in TFC is not what it was, look at all the empty seats at some of the games this year. Therefore, I will make a prediction that for the game against the Honduran team, we will be lucky to get about 12,000 fans to that game.

No tickets are relatively cheap and this game is interesting it will be well attended but I think....regular games are actually showing a loss of higher end interest, and they might as well throw away the waiting list because if there was one, the high priced empty seats would be filled. There is now mainly interest in only cheaper seats....Ha thats why these seats will creep steadly up.....and eventually if the team isn't top quality and players are not of great calibre...look for a argonaut/blue jay effect....EG loss of commited fans

rocker
06-03-2010, 11:49 PM
look for a argonaut/blue jay effect....EG loss of commited fans

or loss of bandwagon jumpers or "I'm gonna get season's cuz Becks is coming!" people from 2007.

this committed fan is going nowhere. :)

Section 110
06-04-2010, 07:00 AM
TFC FO has a major responsibility to MLS; the team was awarded the final, in November, in Toronto. My guess is that MLSE laid it on heavy in regards to what the team has done for the league, etc, and that they have earned the opportunity. Now, they are faced with the reality of selling 21 000 odd tickets to a game, in November, that TFC more than likely will not participate in. Put it this way: the Federal government has downloaded much of the responsibility for the G20 to the city and to the taxpayer. This is no different. We will bear the financial brunt of this event. We were always going to - it has to be a success, at any cost.

Now, if TFC were to make it (which, given the team's play of late, I would say there is a chance) all would be forgiven. Sort of like if Obama and Harper and the other 18 sat down in Toronto and figured out how to stop the oil spill, peacefully disarm North Korea, settle the Israel-Palestine conflict, and of course, "liberate Iraq".

menefreghista
06-04-2010, 07:17 AM
I think MLSE are greedy bastards but I wonder if we will be able to opt in to the MLS Cup the same way we did with the All-Star game.

Does anyone know if its for sure whether you will have no choice but to buy the MLS Cup game tickets. Is this all just speculation.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2010, 07:30 AM

People not show up for Montagua? More the fool they. As important as PRI was last year as our first "international" play this year it's in a country that's footie first.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-04-2010, 09:12 AM
im not sure im understanding what people are getting upset about.
This is what i understand and please feel free to clarify,
people are angry because they have to pay for these CL qualifier games, which we only recently qualified for. IE people are pissed that MLSE couldnt look into the future and give us these tickets for free...

wzhxvy
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
^^ i was talking to someone from TFC and they mentioned that every game has been a sellout, even last Wednesday's game.

I personally do not believe that, but hey maybe its true...who knows.

T_Mizz
06-04-2010, 09:19 AM
I do believe they've all been sellouts but for some reason people just won't use their tickets, whether its due to rain which really empties the seats or whether thouse tickets belong to scalpers and they couldn't sell them or whether people had other things to do that day.

wzhxvy
06-04-2010, 09:22 AM
^ ok but how do you explain the north end seats being empty. These are ticketmaster seats. Are you saying people buy them and then decide not to show ? And also, why are there always tickets available to buy on ticketmaster ? If they were sold out why would there be so much availability ?

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2010, 09:23 AM
I don't know what's the matter with you all. I got two free tickets to Abu Dhabi for the Club Championship final with my seasons tix.

sulfur
06-04-2010, 09:41 AM
A sellout is often defined (in sports) as ~90% of tickets sold. So, even if you can walk up and buy tickets at the booth right before the game (like you could at almost every Leafs game this year), it's still considered a sellout.

wzhxvy
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
^ interesting didnt know that...if that is the case...rough numbers in a 21,500 stadium, that means over 2000 seats available. That is more than the entire North End. If that is the case, and they call it a sell out, I am sure their financials are not showing it as a sellout.

Kaz
06-04-2010, 09:46 AM
This season there haven't been any sell outs I don't think.
All the bad press earlier in the year, plus the bad weather means people have stayed away.
When I was at the Chicago game, there were seats everywhere in the stadium for me to choose from.

But I understand why the CL games aren't in the Season ticket packages (they aren't guaranteed)
and the MLS Cup wasn't award to Toronto in time for this years STH so why wouldn't they offer them in the package?

If they didn't everyone would complain that they weren't offered and it was a jip. If they do it's a cash grab.. the only thing that remains constant is TFC STH feel entitled to complain about everything no matter what.

jaxul
06-04-2010, 09:52 AM
And yet there are still scalpers on craigslist that sell $26 tickets for $60-70. I really don't get how people can ask for more than face these days.

maninb
06-04-2010, 10:08 AM
^ I would not be shocked...lots of people salivate over the business savy of Paul and crew...how has the North end walk up strategy worked boys ? lol

Mind you...there might be some "travelling" support for this one. I dont know where the Hondurans came from when they played Canada in Montreal, but I assume there is a contingent somewhere in NA...would not be shocked if there was a 1000 or even 2000 people supporting the Honduran team at BMO.

there's supposed to be about 150,000 Hondurans in NYC....not sure if they'd come out this way for a club team....

redcard
06-04-2010, 10:23 AM
there's supposed to be about 150,000 Hondurans in NYC....not sure if they'd come out this way for a club team....

hopefully TFC limits the travelling support tickets even if we dont sell out!

__wowza
06-04-2010, 10:29 AM
so wait.. what's the deal with montagua seats? when do they go on sale for non season seat holders? anyone know?

Pachuco
06-04-2010, 10:53 AM
people are angry because they have to pay for these CL qualifier games, which we only recently qualified for. IE people are pissed that MLSE couldnt look into the future and give us these tickets for free...

OH MY GOD :facepalm:

WE GOT THE TICKETS FREEEEEEEEEE LAST YEAR!!!!!

menefreghista
06-04-2010, 10:58 AM

I`m pretty sure that the only sell out this season was the home opener.

Every single match since than has had less people at those games.

Saying 90% sold is a sell out doesn`t sound right to me.

As for the Motagua game, I think 15,000 would be pushing it for attendance. You will see the 3 lowest price points filled and less people in the seats that cost $50 plus.

OH MY GOD :facepalm:

WE GOT THE TICKETS FREEEEEEEEEE LAST YEAR!!!!!

Technically not free, simply included with the cost of our other tickets in 2009.

But Ossington Mental Youth`s post is still facepalm worthy, I give you that.

Section 110
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
All the bad press earlier in the year, plus the bad weather means people have stayed away.
When I was at the Chicago game, there were seats everywhere in the stadium for me to choose from.

But I understand why the CL games aren't in the Season ticket packages (they aren't guaranteed)
and the MLS Cup wasn't award to Toronto in time for this years STH so why wouldn't they offer them in the package?

If they didn't everyone would complain that they weren't offered and it was a jip. If they do it's a cash grab.. the only thing that remains constant is TFC STH feel entitled to complain about everything no matter what.

The issue is being asked to shell out for a product that you are uncertain about; making a financial commitment (as is the case with the CL tickets - you'll note that there are member prices for those who agree to buy all CL tickets if TFC is successful, and prices for the other shlubs who are unsure about making the commitment for financial reasons or other).

As well, STH are entitled to complain. In fact, it should be encouraged. So far, fans have been able to affect the way that the team is handled, albeit with varying degrees of success. Yes, STH's can be whiners; I categorize myself along with them, but it's like voting. If you vote, you enjoy the luxury of complaining. If you don't vote, then keep your mouth shut, right?

Well, STH are voters and shareholders in a sense. When financial decisions are made for us that we don't like, we complain, and we should. Silence is tantamount to permission.

Roogsy
06-04-2010, 11:09 AM
I like the way they have done things this year. I was not asked to pay for a ticket that we did not know we were going to need. Now that we are going to play in that game, I am given the choice to buy it or not.

We did not get that ticket "for free" last year, it was a part of our package and the cost was included.

Now if they would only do that with the friendly, TFC will have gotten things right. I don't want to pay for things that either a) I am not sure I am going to use or b) I know I definitely will not use.

How can we complain when we are given a choice? Isn't that what we want?

Ossington Mental Youth
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
did i not say within my post that i wasnt sure whether i understood the situation or not?
i dont know why im even bothering to respond, talk about fucking face palms

menefreghista
06-04-2010, 11:14 AM
I like the way they have done things this year. I was not asked to pay for a ticket that we did not know we were going to need. Now that we are going to play in that game, I am given the choice to buy it or not.

We did not get that ticket "for free" last year, it was a part of our package and the cost was included.

Now if they would only do that with the friendly, TFC will have gotten things right. I don't want to pay for things that either a) I am not sure I am going to use or b) I know I definitely will not use.

I actually agree with this. And I hope its the same situation for the MLS Cup game.

My only real complaint is having paid more for less during the renewal perion. But I can totally understand the club not wanting to sell a ticket that may never end up being used and having to give refunds for it.

And you are 100% spot on about the friendly.

did i not say within my post that i wasnt sure whether i understood the situation or not?
i dont know why im even bothering to respond, talk about fucking face palms

Maybe you shouldn`t jump to conclusions than while asking questions at the same time.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Maybe you shouldn`t jump to conclusions than while asking questions at the same time.

Yes ask nicer Ossy. WTF:rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes:

Although I agree entirely with paying for what you want. You want the season? pay for it. It's bullshit packaging (ransom packs) that affects and frustrates new supporters.

I don't want friendlies. Don't sell me games we may or not play.

WestStandGeoff

Amen, brother!

I didn't have a problem with the Champions league match being included last year - I thought it showed a commitment that the team intended to progress to that level, and there were plans to reimburse ticket holders had the team failed to progress.

Bolton friendly though? Meh... definitely would have passed on that opportunity if the tickets were not included in the season package, given the face-value being assigned to that game. Unless of course, we were offered another 'loyalty discount'... :D

Ossington Mental Youth
Where did i jump to conclusions?

people are angry because they have to pay for these CL qualifier games, which we only recently qualified for. IE people are pissed that MLSE couldnt look into the future and give us these tickets for free..I said several times i didnt understand and that id like to be clarified, never at any point did i ask to be insulted.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Yes ask nicer Ossy. WTF:rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes:
yeah, seriously hey?!

Shakes McQueen
06-04-2010, 11:41 AM

What? He described the situation as he thought he understood it, and then solicited clarification if he was wrong.

Ironically, it's you that jumped to a conclusion. Facepalm away.

- Scott

menefreghista
06-04-2010, 12:36 PM
What? He described the situation as he thought he understood it, and then solicited clarification if he was wrong.

Ironically, it's you that jumped to a conclusion. Facepalm away.

- Scott

Sure, that was quite ironic Alanis.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2010, 01:52 PM
Alright, now that we're finished with poigniant banter we can de-derail the thread.

The Honhonduran Liga Nacional Clausura ended May 8 with Motagua on top but will the time off make them fresh or stale?

wzhxvy
06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Are you saying they will literally have been off for 3 months when they play us ? that is good news if that is the case

BayernTFC
06-04-2010, 01:59 PM
You can watch live streams of all the CONCACAF Champions League games for free here:

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Home/0,,12907,00.html

You have to register, but registration is free.

menefreghista
06-04-2010, 02:05 PM
You can watch live streams of all the CONCACAF Champions League games for free here:

You have to register, but registration is free.

Wow, that`s cool. Thank you for posting that.

Alright, now that we're finished with poigniant banter we can de-derail the thread.

The Honhonduran Liga Nacional Clausura ended May 8 with Motagua on top but will the time off make them fresh or stale?

This should be an advantage for us. They will be in pre-season or early season form whereas we should be in mid-season form.

Did some checking and the 2009 Honduran Apertura started on July 18. So its possible they may have one league game under their belt before they play us.

Fort York Redcoat
06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Did some checking and the 2009 Honduran Apertura started on July 18. So its possible they may have one league game under their belt before they play us.

Nice. I think it's even better they'll have the one game. Not really enough to get on a roll.

menefreghista
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
Nice. I think it's even better they'll have the one game. Not really enough to get on a roll.

And looking at our schedule we are at home before the first leg:

July 24: v Dallas
July 27-29: v Motagua
July 31: at KC
Aug 3-5: at Motagua

I`d assume we would fly to Honduras straight from KC.

nfitz
06-04-2010, 06:24 PM
Did some checking and the 2009 Honduran Apertura started on July 18. So its possible they may have one league game under their belt before they play us.However the 2010 Apertura doesn't start until August 7, 2010 (http://www.diez.hn/F%C3%BAtbol%20Hondure%C3%B1o/Ediciones/2010/05/23/Noticias/El-torneo-de-la-Liga-Nacional-inicia-el-7-de-agosto).

So they won't have any league games under their belt.

Presumably as the World Cup doesn't finish until July 11, they are starting later this year.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-05-2010, 12:00 PM

5 Motagua players are in the world cup....i think they will be ok!

WestStandGeoff
06-05-2010, 12:36 PM
And looking at our schedule we are at home before the first leg:

July 21: v Bolton (Friendly)
July 24: v Dallas
July 27-29: v Motagua
July 31: at KC
Aug 3-5: at Motagua

I`d assume we would fly to Honduras straight from KC.

Fixed.

Plus we are away to Philly on the 17th, meaning that we will have 4 matches in the span of 11-13 days, depending on when the Motagua match gets scheduled. I sure hope the useless Bolton match doesn't affect any of the meaningful matches that immediately follow it.

DichioTFC
06-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Fixed.

Plus we are away to Philly on the 17th, meaning that we will have 4 matches in the span of 11-13 days, depending on when the Motagua match gets scheduled. I sure hope the useless Bolton match doesn't affect any of the meaningful matches that immediately follow it.

The Bolton friendly will be a chance for reserves / Academy to get a run out like the Vancouver game. JDG / De Ro might play 45' but I can't see the first squad getting stretched out too far.

Still, July is going to be a tough month but much is expected of the boys. But you know the drill. A poor result after the Bolton match will make some say that its directly because of the Bolton match. I have faith in Preki that he will get the most out of the boys for all the important matches and there wont be too many tired legs. We just got through a couple months with significant injuries and a lot of tired legs so I don't think July will be an issue.

BayernTFC
06-05-2010, 02:22 PM
Wow, that`s cool. Thank you for posting that.
:thumbsup:

RedsOnTop
06-07-2010, 10:54 AM
Can't wait for this game...
Guevara vs. De Guzman

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-07-2010, 02:35 PM
the tickets are posted in my Account Manager....but not in the invoice section for payment!?

Securing YOUR Tickets for CCL:
Tickets will go on sale as soon as our match dates are 100% confirmed...Once this happens here's how the process will work:
We will be placing your Season Seat location for the CCL in your online Account Manager. Included will be the Preliminary Round Match against Honduran team C.D. MOTAGUA + 3 Group Stage Matches. To secure your tickets to the 4 matches you will simply need to access your Online Account Manager (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=875af36d9eea1d65a2dba43e0949fe93ade5f1397c37fc ba1ebb54b0249e03df) and follow the prompts*.
*This could happen as early as Monday!
Prices:
Prices are similar to regular MLS matches. Click here (http://click.mlsefanmail.com/?qs=875af36d9eea1d65cd8633c901ec0bbaf50dbc90bc1e10 2a6ae962485f24d5df) to view a pricing and seating map.
Will I need to pay for the entire CCL up front?
No.
You only need to pay for the Preliminary Round up front. Should we advance, we will then automatically charge your credit card for the 3 additional "Group Stage Matches". You only pay if we play.
All tickets will be made available for you to print/forward from your online Account Manager as soon as kick-off times are confirmed.
Keep a close watch for the ticket sale announcement next week! We look forward to sharing Toronto FC's 'Second Season' with you this summer, here's to many victories in the prestigious CONCACAF Champions League!
Toronto FC
// Todos para Uno

Brooker
06-07-2010, 02:47 PM
I just had a dream where they beat us 10-0.... the TFC fans were awesome, though. :lol:

backbeat
06-07-2010, 02:54 PM
i really hope we have our 2nd DP by the time this game comes along...Striker and a winger - please and thank you

Miko
06-07-2010, 02:56 PM
The game is now on Account Manager showing as Tuesday July 27.

P-NUTZ
06-07-2010, 03:01 PM
reds will be tired when this one comes around. it will be tons of fun having a go at some foreign invaders...

didn't have this opportunity at home last year. concacaf is not champoins league but sure feels neat!

can't wait. forget bolton, i wanna see Mount-of-gooo go down!

Fort York Redcoat
06-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Got my ticket. Now how to get to the away leg...

nfitz
06-09-2010, 02:19 PM
It's now official. 8 pm on Tuesday July 27th. TFC has a press release (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/reds-play-motagua-july-27) and pricing (http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/assets/default/TFC%202010%20SEAT%20PRICES%20CD%20Motagua.pdf).

Seasons ticket holders can get tickets from now until June 14th.

menefreghista
06-09-2010, 02:20 PM
reds will be tired when this one comes around. it will be tons of fun having a go at some foreign invaders...

They really shouldn't be. Our July schedule is fairly light and I fully expect to see a weakened side take on Bolton.

stugautz
06-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Anybody know when partial pack holders will have a chance to buy tickets to this game?

nfitz
06-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Anybody know when partial pack holders will have a chance to buy tickets to this game?If sales to season ticket holders end next Monday, I'd expect that the Gold list (partial pack holders) would get a chance later next week.

Yagbod
06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
If current undersold conditions continue, I don't think there there will be any problem getting tickets, especially for SSH and Gold listers.

I also like the fact that if you commit to the Group Stage matches you pay a little less for them all, if they make it. That is fair.

I can't wait for this/these matches!

Kaz
06-09-2010, 11:39 PM
Guys did anyone think that maybe just maybe, 3 months of bad coverage for TFC, mixed with horrid weather for the first few home games, led to attendance numbers in the 20k range for most of the home games...
ya empty seats where people are in patio/bar covered from the rain, and 1,000 seats empty through out. most of the MLS games have been 95-96% sold out, in less then great weather, after lots of bad press.

I mean really, I really didn't want to go to BMO to watch the team from pre-season, and those first 3 games it would have been just painful, thankfully they found their form. (I still would have made it out to a few)

Right now I'm planning, 6 or 7 more games this season, with the CL game if I can the day and a ticket.

People keep talking about Bandwagon jumpers, and fairweather fans, I see normal people that like enjoying a great product, and when that product is great they go watch, when it's not, fewer people go watch...

15,000 people went to see a meaningless game, late on a weekday, in the pouring rain, played by academy players, where not even the coach really was there. That is a fairly strong fan base. Columbus can't get that in the middle of the summer, on a perfect Saturday afternoon.

nfitz
06-10-2010, 07:10 AM
15,000 people went to see a meaningless game, late on a weekday, in the pouring rain, played by academy players, where not even the coach really was there. That is a fairly strong fan base. Columbus can't get that in the middle of the summer, on a perfect Saturday afternoon.Excellent point. Compare to the US teams, which played 7 games between April and June (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Lamar_Hunt_U.S._Open_Cup_qualification) each other to figure out the qualification to the US Open Cup. The game with the most attendance only had 3,074 people at RFK stadium (DC United versus Real Salt Lake), and a game in Kansas City only had 1,226. And three of these games were at the new Red Bull stadium - it must have felt like a cavern.

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2010, 07:23 AM
Did I trip into the Attendance thread? Is there an Attendance thread? I'd love that. That way I wouldn't accidentally read it.

KRO
06-10-2010, 09:47 AM
Anyone else having problems bringing up an invoice to pay for these tickets on account manager?

Ageroo
06-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone else having problems bringing up an invoice to pay for these tickets on account manager?

Not me...I just went in and did mine no problem....

maninb
06-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Got my ticket. Now how to get to the away leg...

Are you some kind of masochist??? You'll get a beat down before you even get to your seat....Hondurans are friendly people except to visiting supporters...

lips
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Anyone else having problems bringing up an invoice to pay for these tickets on account manager?Yes having trouble as well, waiting for my ticket rep to call me back.

Fort York Redcoat
06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Are you some kind of masochist??? You'll get a beat down before you even get to your seat....Hondurans are friendly people except to visiting supporters...

Ahhh so NOW you get me...

Forget "Scarves up!". It'll be "Fists up!" Just to cover my face from all the thrown beer bottles in the away cage!

Sign me up.

Carefree
06-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Just checked on Orbitz.com and it's actually not that expensive or complicated to get there. I found a flight with only one stop, total flight time of just under 7 hours, for US$726 all inclusive. That's a lot cheaper than flying to Europe around that time of year. I'm guessing hotels aren't that expensive in Tegucigalpa.

nascarguy
06-14-2010, 07:56 PM
nope I'm all paid in full

stevielarson
06-15-2010, 11:20 AM
just grabbed 2 pairs in section 115, rows 5 and 8 in the gold list sale. there are still tons of really good cheap seats available in supporters (rows 5-8 seats are showing up as of now so im assuming higher up there is even more). pretty happy to lock those down for group stage games if the boys can advance through motagua.

kodiakTFC
06-15-2010, 11:28 AM
im in 115 row 5 too.

torontocelt
06-15-2010, 11:33 AM
my one season ticket seat in the dark greys was $51 so I never bought it and decided to wait until the seats went on sale to gold list and I would chance my luck. Well it paid off and I picked up two seats in 111 for $42 combined. Does anyone have any idea when the other games will be played if we get through the qualifier?

nfitz
06-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Does anyone have any idea when the other games will be played if we get through the qualifier?The home games would be 3 of the following 6 dates:

August 17–19, August 24–26, September 14–16, September 21–23, September 28–30, and October 19–21

DichioTFC
06-15-2010, 11:45 AM
110 supporters section. huzzah.

btw, if you're getting shitty seats best bet is to give the ticketing guys a call and let them work their magic

torontocelt
06-15-2010, 11:46 AM
The home games would be 3 of the following 6 dates:

August 17–19, August 24–26, September 14–16, September 21–23, September 28–30, and October 19–21

Thanks.

T_Mizz
06-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Seems like everyone did well in the tickets department, I too picked up a couple of aisle seats in 114.

gmacpheetfc
06-16-2010, 12:25 PM
sounds like 115 and 114 are gonna be bumping
picked a pair up in 114 row 8

TheKing7
06-16-2010, 12:50 PM
I really wanted to grab a pair in 114 but i have my own game that night :(

Chubbs
06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
July 27th is my birthday. What could be a better present than cheering on my Reds!

Just picked up 8 seats in 114 on the Red list sale.
Its going to be bumping!

Derko
06-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Just checked on Orbitz.com and it's actually not that expensive or complicated to get there. I found a flight with only one stop, total flight time of just under 7 hours, for US$726 all inclusive. That's a lot cheaper than flying to Europe around that time of year. I'm guessing hotels aren't that expensive in Tegucigalpa.

I have read that pilots shudder flying into Tegucigalpa, it is like doing a freefall between the mountains, and then the runway is in front of you. Yes it is cheap to stay in Honduras, we were in La Ceiba 2 years ago, but Tegucigalpa is supposed to be a bit nerve racking, somewhat like Beirut.
Let me know how the trip was!!

:scarf: :drinking:

SilverSamurai
06-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Got my pair in 114. :)

gmacpheetfc
06-16-2010, 04:33 PM
wow 114 is going to be wild so pumped Champions league were having a laugh!!!!!

July 27th is my birthday. What could be a better present than cheering on my Reds!

Just picked up 8 seats in 114 on the Red list sale.
Its going to be bumping!

Your gonna be on the hook for some cash when tfc goes through!!!!

ensco
06-16-2010, 04:41 PM
I have read that pilots shudder flying into Tegucigalpa, it is like doing a freefall between the mountains, and then the runway is in front of you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_z5HtME9n8

bones
06-17-2010, 06:52 AM

And that my friends is why the Teachers Pension is so strong.

Bones...

SilverSamurai
06-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't streamers only not allowed during corners for MLS games?
If so, it would mean they're allowed the CL and CMNT matches...
Hmm... ;)

Chubbs
06-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Your gonna be on the hook for some cash when tfc goes through!!!!

8 tickets was only $152... So much cheaper than my tickets up in 224 last season.

Cant wait!

menefreghista
06-17-2010, 09:13 PM

I don't like being forced to buy the tickets either. But those games are this fall. Not next year.

The Group Stage starts a few weeks after the Preliminary round.

Yagbod
06-21-2010, 12:26 AM
It still blows me away that supporters sections seats are available, no offense, to red listers! Is no one going to this game? I'm a gold lister and got 113 seats. And there is still 111 and 115 available? Very odd if you ask me, this is a meaningful game...

menefreghista
06-21-2010, 07:50 AM
It still blows me away that supporters sections seats are available, no offense, to red listers! Is no one going to this game? I'm a gold lister and got 113 seats. And there is still 111 and 115 available? Very odd if you ask me, this is a meaningful game...

The honeymoon is over for TFC. That's basically it.

I was shocked to see an ad for this game when I was on the Toronto Star's website's sport section today.

If this game doesn't hit 15,000 in sales I wouldn't be surprised.

Maybe the club shouldn't have forced season ticket holders to buy 4 games together?

rocker
06-21-2010, 09:27 AM
in the past, there were Voyageurs Cup games that didn't sell out. Not surprising that a Tuesday play-in game against a team probably most people haven't heard of is not selling out. That's why TFC made that video with Jim Brennan -- to explain this situation.. they knew it wouldn't be an easy sell.

SilverSamurai
06-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Get rid of the friendlies and include the 1st round for STH.

Yagbod
06-24-2010, 11:16 PM
At this rate I bet the Marlies tickets get bounced from the partial packs next year.

As an aside it also pisses me off a bit that there are better seats in 113 available now (or at least 2 days ago) then when I bought them in my 'gold' window.

God it's good to post again. Thanks for fixing the site!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
07-23-2010, 02:12 PM
tuesday...28C SUNNY!....8pm start should make for a hell of a night! :)

Absolutely our biggest game yet.....the return of AMADO ect..ect....!

Cant wait!

ArmenJBX
07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
At this rate I bet the Marlies tickets get bounced from the partial packs next year.

As an aside it also pisses me off a bit that there are better seats in 113 available now (or at least 2 days ago) then when I bought them in my 'gold' window.

God it's good to post again. Thanks for fixing the site!

THIS IS MY DREAM COME TRUE.

I don't care how much the partial packs are. I refuse to pay MLSE any amount knowing that half of what I'm paying is going towards Marlies tickets which are forced on me with no intention of being used. ever. period!

If the partials are $400.00 with no Marlies tickets, I'd buy them instantly. If they're $400.00 with Marlies tickets, I'm sorry, but no deal.

David_Oliveira
07-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Ha I won two prawn seats for the game. Row 3 seats and 4

mmmikey
07-23-2010, 03:15 PM
THIS IS MY DREAM COME TRUE.

I don't care how much the partial packs are. I refuse to pay MLSE any amount knowing that half of what I'm paying is going towards Marlies tickets which are forced on me with no intention of being used. ever. period!

If the partials are $400.00 with no Marlies tickets, I'd buy them instantly. If they're $400.00 with Marlies tickets, I'm sorry, but no deal.

i have it on good authority that these are no more. they have heard the complaints and all-seasons are gone..

KezmanCCCC
07-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Is this game going to be streamed live online anywhere?? the match is on goltv which i dont have... and i refuse to sign up for it...

T0R0NT0 FC
07-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Is this game going to be streamed live online anywhere?? the match is on goltv which i dont have... and i refuse to sign up for it...

Goal TV is only $2.99 a month.

nfitz
07-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Why would a TFC sign refuse to sign up for GOL TV Canada? The price is a pittance and it's owned by the same people who own Toronto FC. I'm having problems finding a reason that wouldn't also preclude one from supporting the team.

Auzzy
07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes, according to the following, every game from the CONCACAF Champions League will be streamed live, officially & for free. Apparently you just have to register for free. I hope that's true; I don't think I'll be able to get GOL TV in Germany on vacation...

Terry Vaughn is going to be the ref, apparently... http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/Schedule/0,,12856,00.html

EDIT: Oops, I just did a web search looking for the live streaming for this game, and Google took me to page 3 of this same thread... ;)

nascarguy
07-23-2010, 05:43 PM
so when will we play next if we win on tuesday

nfitz
07-23-2010, 05:54 PM
so when will we play next if we win on tuesdayWhether we win, lose, or draw, we play the next leg on Tuesday August 3rd in Honduras.

If we get through to the next round, we'd play Tuesday August 17th at BMO Field against Cruz Azul of Mexico (or San Francisco of Panama ... but that seems unlikely) and then on Tuesday August 24th at 10 pm (Eastern) against Arabe Unido in Panama (http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12856~2087787,00.html).

SilverSamurai
07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Yes, according to the following, every game from the CONCACAF Champions League will be streamed live, officially & for free. Apparently you just have to register for free. I hope that's true; I don't think I'll be able to get GOL TV in Germany on vacation...

Terry Vaughn is going to be the ref, apparently... http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/Schedule/0,,12856,00.html

EDIT: Oops, I just did a web search looking for the live streaming for this game, and Google took me to page 3 of this same thread... ;)
Awesome!
Thanks!!
Now I can watch the away leg.
Or does CTV have the broadcast rights?

Whether we win, lose, or draw, we play the next leg on Tuesday August 3rd in Honduras.

If we get through to the next round, we'd play Tuesday August 17th at BMO Field against Cruz Azul of Mexico (or San Francisco of Panama ... but that seems unlikely) and then on Tuesday August 24th at 10 pm (Eastern) against Arabe Unido in Panama (http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12856%7E2087787,00.html).
We got a big mountain to climb...

nfitz
07-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Now I can watch the away leg.
Or does CTV have the broadcast rights?Both games will be on GOL TV Canada ... and presumably streamed on-line from CONCACAF.

SilverSamurai
07-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Both games will be on GOL TV Canada ... and presumably streamed on-line from CONCACAF.
Cool.
Online it is! :)

nfitz
07-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Cool.
Online it is! :)Suit yourself ... I expect the picture quality will be better on GOL TV; and hopefully they will be in HD as well.

They are also airing the Puerto Rico/Galaxy game at 11 pm on Tuesday, and the Sounders/Metapan game at 10 pm on Wednesday.

Yagbod
07-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Suit yourself ... I expect the picture quality will be better on GOL TV; and hopefully they will be in HD as well.

They are also airing the Puerto Rico/Galaxy game at 11 pm on Tuesday, and the Sounders/Metapan game at 10 pm on Wednesday.

They promised every game in HD. A question, if they make it group stage I thought there were 6 more games (3 at home). A few above only mentioned 2 home games. Can anyone clarify that?

I still wonder how big the crowd will be:

Section 114A
Row 1
Seats 119 - 120
Description Price Level 13

Type
Full Price Ticket
Price
CA $33.75 x 2
Price Details (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;)
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/905/10m/origin.media.ticketmaster.com/tm/en-us/img/sys/common_new/edp/icn_close.gif Price Details

Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
CA $25.50 x 2
Convenience Charge
CA $8.25 x 2

Just copied from Ticketmaster. Sorry to anyone trying unload tickets for this game, except for scalpers who can go fuck themselves.:hump:

nfitz
07-24-2010, 12:46 AM
They promised every game in HD.They promised every MLS game in HD. Even some of the Canadian Championship games were only widescreen SD. I very much doubt the game from Honduras will be widescreen, let alone HD!

A question, if they make it group stage I thought there were 6 more games (3 at home). A few above only mentioned 2 home games. Can anyone clarify that?Yes, 3 more home games. Only the dates for the 2 preliminary round games, and the first 2 of the 6 group round games have been announced. The remaining games will be announced following the conclusion of the Preliminary Round.

My guess is 18,500 at BMO Field and 1,850 in Honduras.

Yagbod
07-24-2010, 01:14 AM
^ much appreciated

nfitz
07-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Oh, looks like Tuesday's game is going to be in HD. It's come up on my Rogers cable box on channel 501 at 8 pm, which is where Rogers puts Gol TV Canada's HD games (their regular channel 428 is only SD).

SilverSamurai
07-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Suit yourself ... I expect the picture quality will be better on GOL TV; and hopefully they will be in HD as well.

Don't have HD, so that's not an option.

jloome
07-25-2010, 01:13 PM
If our offence keeps performing at its curent inept state, we're not going to beat Motagua.

sampace
07-25-2010, 05:43 PM
I expect a draw or win against Motagua on Tuesday. The question on advancing comes down to, how many goals can we score on Tuesday. If we are planning to advance TFC needs to win by at least 2 goals, and get a tie or better on the road. If we barely win by 1 goal or tie, I do not think we will make it out of this round. They need to come out flying Tuesday and bury that ball behind the net!

ManUtd4ever
07-26-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm not familiar with the overall quality of Motagua other than Guevara but I am confident that TFC is capable of earning a victory on home soil against the Honduran side with a solid effort and quality execution. A draw will simply not suffice...

maninb
07-26-2010, 09:34 AM
Anything less than a 2-0 win and we're probably TOAST....

leafsman
07-26-2010, 09:57 AM
do they use away goals in this competition?

DangerRed
07-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I expect a boring, defense-heavy match on Tuesday, just like last year against Puerto Rico. Motagua isn't stupid - they know we don't score often and that we crumble when we invite sustained pressure.

I wouldn't be surprised if they play bunkerball tomorrow to finish 0-0 and then slip one or two against us on their home turf.

I love the club, but displays like what we've seen over the last two weeks show pretty clearly that TFC is not ready for CCL.

rocker
07-26-2010, 10:05 AM
I read on Twitter from Wileman that Motagua's connecting flight from Honduras was missed.... suckers. hopefully they get in late and tired.

daner90
07-26-2010, 10:10 AM
I love TFC and have really been looking forward to the match tommorow night.
With the recent form of the team I would be fairly suprised if we come away with a draw in this one...

Wagner
07-26-2010, 10:24 AM
I read on Twitter from Wileman that Motagua's connecting flight from Honduras was missed.... suckers. hopefully they get in late and tired.

That is awesome news.
we now need to call and wake them up in their hotel rooms.
have these guys super tired...out of sorts...

backbeat
07-26-2010, 11:16 AM
:scarf:
we need nothing short of a decisive win Tuesday if we hope to have a chance of advancing. it will be an extremely tough game in Motagua, very hostile, nothing like here. we at least need a 2 nil win- but i actually think it may take 3 to get by.

:flare:

I do think our second half line-up when Mista came on could do it - depending on his fitness - but they showed a lot more creativity and I think JDG was far more lively when Mista showed up.

:scarf:

P-NUTZ
07-26-2010, 11:25 AM
tfc will win 2 - 0.

As long as the hondourans dont score i am happy. but they will be small, speedy and will keep the ball moving fast on the ground tic tac tic tac.

they will attack garcia if he starts.

but i think we can do some damage on offence and bully thier box a little.

raj100
07-26-2010, 12:07 PM
the games on channel 501, does that mean i need to have gol tv? or will it come up regardless at 8?

ManUtd4ever
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
You need to subscribe to GolTV (Rogers 428) and the HD broadcasts are simulcast on 501...

colman1860
07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
How do people plan to welcome Guevara? IMO, nothing but open arms (apart from the 90 minutes), and during the game maybe some appreciation the first time he comes to the south end to take a corner. Dunno how everyone else feels around here, but I loved him during his time here.

Does anybody know what kind of lineup (starting XI) to expect from Motagua? I assume I'll recognize some of the names from the world cup?

rocker
07-26-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm gonna throw a piss bag at him.

Pachuco
07-26-2010, 01:03 PM
How do people plan to welcome Guevara? IMO, nothing but open arms (apart from the 90 minutes), and during the game maybe some appreciation the first time he comes to the south end to take a corner. Dunno how everyone else feels around here, but I loved him during his time here.

Does anybody know what kind of lineup (starting XI) to expect from Motagua? I assume I'll recognize some of the names from the world cup?

I'm with you.

bgnewf
07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Can anyone confirm if any yellow cards TFC picked up in the Voyageurs Cup campaign carry over into the Champions League qualifyers?

Form what I have calculated De Guzman, Gargan, Frei, Usanov and De Rosario are on one yellow each and Hscanovics is on two.

Yohan
07-26-2010, 01:18 PM
tfc will win 2 - 0.

As long as the hondourans dont score i am happy. but they will be small, speedy and will keep the ball moving fast on the ground tic tac tic tac.

they will attack garcia if he starts.

but i think we can do some damage on offence and bully thier box a little.don't forget diving. (i don't have much respect for Hondurans and their diving tactics)

P-NUTZ
07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
yes - diving...uggg!

Derko
07-26-2010, 03:46 PM
don't forget diving. (i don't have much respect for Hondurans and their diving tactics)

I think Usanov should put a little scare into the diving Honduran bastards.
I'm sure Attakora and Cann will let their presence be known.

:scarf: :flare: :drinking::drum::tfc::cheers::smash:

the-lower-eastsider
07-26-2010, 11:04 PM
i hafta work tomorrow till 6pm at the 404 and HWY#7 (LCBO). is anybody comin down the 404 just after 6pm that can pick me up. i need to get to this match. i dont have a car and transit from there is gruelling and time consuming. i promise to be sober and to keep my shirt on. just to be clear, I WILL NOT NEED A RIDE BACK TO MARKHAM! so no one will have to deal with the shirtless circus that ensues after the match. i just need a timely drive to the match. i dont wanna arrive late. somebody has to be comin down the 404 around 6pm. my work is just off the 404 at HWY #7 and woodbine. i will get u somethin at the LCBO and have it ready as a thank u if u want. let me know. call my work between 9am-6pm (905-940-2768) and ask for craig if u can help a brother out. hugs and kisses.
craiger

Torontotonto
07-26-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm gonna throw a piss bag at him.

I dont know about a throwing a piss bag, but I will give him his due at the opening for being a former TFC alumni and one of our best strikers, but once the game starts, I'm done with him and the rest of the Motagua team.

Go TFC Go

:drum::scarf::flare::scarf::drum:

Inklink
07-27-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here, but TFC's newsletter earlier today stated that since the game is CONCACAF, there will be no national anthems prior to the game, BUT that "it would be nice" to hear O Canada ring out around the stadium at the start. Something to keep in mind if you're at the game. :canada:

GBV
07-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Betting line via pinnaclesports.com:

Toronto FC -112
Motagua Tegucigalpa +339
Draw: +266

Goal Line:
Toronto FC -0.5 and -1 +119
Motagua Tegucigalpa +0.5 and +1 -131

O/U:

koryo
07-27-2010, 08:10 AM
I dont know about a throwing a piss bag, but I will give him his due at the opening for being a former TFC alumni and one of our best strikers, but once the game starts, I'm done with him and the rest of the Motagua team.

Go TFC Go

:drum::scarf::flare::scarf::drum:

All the more impressive given that he was a midfielder.

Not sure which way this one will go. I want to hope for a win, but I highly doubt that will happen. Draw or loss tonight.

rviewmirror
07-27-2010, 08:16 AM
i'm scared to death of a free kick just outside of the box with Guevara standing over looking to make the strike.

ManUtd4ever
07-27-2010, 08:33 AM
Amado will probably be at his best tonight with added motivation because of his history with Preki. It will definitely be interesting...

deltox
07-27-2010, 08:37 AM
this team is still in their preseason right?

ManUtd4ever
07-27-2010, 08:39 AM
^^ Yes, Motagua hasn't played since the Clausura in May...

daner90
07-27-2010, 08:42 AM
Gammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeday!!!!!!

Yohan
07-27-2010, 08:52 AM
i'm scared to death of a free kick just outside of the box with Guevara standing over looking to make the strike.
nah. he'll either hit the bar or just over the goal, inducing a lot of ass clenching by tfc supporters

Hooligan69
07-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Here's hoping for a big victory for TFC tonight. We need it.

reggie
07-27-2010, 09:49 AM
lets enjoy it...could be the only playoffs that we will see this season.

Fort York Redcoat
07-27-2010, 09:52 AM
^Wow cynical much?

Nodoubtguy
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
I better see Maicon starting with Mista!!!!

RedsYNWA
07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
If Garcia starts we will not win

reggie
07-27-2010, 10:21 AM
^Wow cynical much?

yes i am...considering we have have 1 win in the last 8 games (7 at home)cant score and playing boring football..i hope im wrong..:scarf:

Cas87
07-27-2010, 10:52 AM
If Garcia starts we will not win
+1

If I see Garcia walk out of the tunnel and go on the pitch with the other boys then I drink beer all game because we will be eaten alive and it won't be enjoyable at all

razor787
07-27-2010, 11:34 AM
If they havent played since may, I have complete confidence we will take this one. Thats a load of time to lose match fitness. I will be disappointed with anything but a win.

Cas87
07-27-2010, 11:38 AM
They Haven't played since May as well as 5 (or 6?) of their players played in the WC which could have a little effect on the conditioning

Hustle
07-27-2010, 11:39 AM
preki: GOALS. WE NEED GOALS TONIGHT. PLURAL.

bgnewf
07-27-2010, 12:36 PM
We Can Fret About The Playoffs Tomorrow – Today It Is All About The Champions League!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/07/championsleague/ (http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/07/championsleague/)

Let’s worry about the MLS playoffs later. Today is about starting out on the path to qualifying for the Champions League!

Comments always welcome

:scarf::drum::canada::scarf::flare::drum:

Boris
07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
^ well put newf

H Bomb
07-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I feel like we're going to be playing in a real football match tonight. Its exciting. Lets hope preki understands and plays a winning team with a winning attitude.

Derko
07-27-2010, 01:58 PM
Frei
Gargan Attakora Cann Usanov
La Brocca De Guzman
De Rosario Barrett
Santos Mista

Carefree
07-27-2010, 02:11 PM
^^^ What he said!

Hustle
07-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I hope Barrett and DeGuz can make some good runs tonight.

anto7
07-27-2010, 02:22 PM
Slighttly off topic and not worthy of a new thread. I was just reading an article on De Rosario on my Ipad Score App. For some reason I thought he had never tried to ply his trade in Europe but apparently he played for German team FSV Zwickau(who I have never heard of) but did not get much palying time. He then returned to MLS with the Earthquakes. Perhaps this is already a well known fact but for some reason I was not aware of it.

pawlukj
07-27-2010, 02:26 PM
anybody got a solid link for tonights game? a stream that is

Stencils
07-27-2010, 02:28 PM
I feel like we're going to be playing in a real football match tonight. Its exciting. Lets hope preki understands and plays a winning team with a winning attitude.

This is exactly the feeling that I was trying to put into words earlier this morning. Got it in one.

Let's hope the guys on the field feel the same way.

tfcleeds
07-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Absolutely need a win tonight, preferably by at least 2 goals. We ain't winning the return leg, that's for sure. We will be lucky to get out of Tegucigalpa with a draw.

Platts
07-27-2010, 02:49 PM
If only this competition didn't lead to the bloody endless group games i would say this is the biggest match of the team's existence. Unfortunately as much as i hate to say it, winning this two legged tie will kill our playoff chances. We just don't have a big enough squad. The funny thing is nobody in our whole region has a big enough squad to play all of these matches. This competition should be straight knock-out. Then it would be fabulous. (It can't even be greed fueling the extra games because nobody outside of the big Mexican clubs and LA Galaxy and now NYRB will draw flies in any town in all of CONCACAF).
They are just stupidly aping EUFA. But when the European Cup was at it's glory days it was a straight knockout competition. Only when the Giant clubs threatened to break away into a Euro-League did UEFA relent and create the Champions League.
WE DON'T NEED THE GROUP STAGES

Technorgasm
07-27-2010, 03:14 PM
IN THE FACE!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/14/129157562016168222.gif

Azerban
07-27-2010, 03:15 PM
we're going to get blasted

blasted in the ass

koryo
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
we're going to get blasted

blasted in the ass

That sounds painful. I'd better get drunk first.

Technorgasm
07-27-2010, 03:17 PM
IN THE FACE!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/4/14/129157562016168222.gif

sully
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
sorry..I should know this but does the away goals rule apply?

MFG1
07-27-2010, 04:43 PM
I smell a big ol' draw. A boring 67th minute goal, only to be matched by them in the 83' Dont blame me, its what I am used too. MEDIOCRATY!! EVERYONE WINS!

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 04:50 PM
where can i catch this game , on tv? the internet?

Krasno.pL.
07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Will be a nice night for the game .. Sad im not there :(

theres a link on atdhe^

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 05:02 PM
i read about the sign up on the concacaf website, however the even ID is invalid!

Roogsy
07-27-2010, 05:04 PM
We needed a win on the weekend and fell short.

If we are to have any chance to make it into the group stages, tonight is also a must-win. A draw is not enough...there is no way I want to go back to Honduras without 3 points or we are toast.

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 05:24 PM
View The Game Online...

Adthe link:

http://atdhe.net/21588/watch-toronto-fc-vs-cd-motagua

Concacaf TV:

http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChampionsLeague/Home/0,,12907,00.html
(http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChampionsLeague/Home/0,,12907,00.html)

Ageroo
07-27-2010, 05:31 PM
this is one of those days i wish i knew Spanish.......i am right behind the keeper and nothing i say he will even understand!!!!

pawlukj
07-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the link, but under the concacaftv website it says there are no current events listed?

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 05:39 PM
this is one of those days i wish i knew Spanish.......i am right behind the keeper and nothing i say he will even understand!!!!

hmm well try this (who are ya esque)

"culeroo *repeat*" Basically calling him an asshole

"kew""ler"OOOO ......roll the r ;)

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks for the link, but under the concacaftv website it says there are no current events listed?
that'swhy i put up two... it may pop up when the game starts, but im not holding my breath.

TeeeGO
07-27-2010, 05:47 PM
putaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ageroo
07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
putaaaaaaaaaaaa

haha..that one i know.....alright lads...off to the game.

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 05:53 PM
fuck the concacaf site! premium content my ass ,

"http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/shim.gif http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/bb/b7/0,,12907%7E7518139,00.gif The page you are trying to reach may have expired, or been moved."

ArmenJBX
07-27-2010, 06:14 PM
What is with this "In the Face" stuff? :D

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 06:15 PM
anyone got a live online feed :(

ArmenJBX
07-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Also, if anyone feels like helping out a project I've been working on, please add any chants or songs you hear. Today is the first game in a 5 game recording session.

Toronto FC in FIFA 11 (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=23821)

Please feel free to contribute, whether it be song times, chant names and/or links to audio/videos! :D

jloome
07-27-2010, 06:24 PM
anyone got a live online feed :(

8 p.m. http://www.atdhe.net/

Auzzy
07-27-2010, 06:29 PM
Ah crap, I'm planning to watch this game live online at 2am (in Germany, otherwise I would be at BMO). I was hoping for something better than an atdhe stream. But it looks like CONCACAF isn't going to get the stream organized, after announcing it for a long time in advance....

deltox
07-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Garcia starting I think

LesH
07-27-2010, 06:42 PM
What the fuck is with the CONCACAF site's free streaming?

I made a free account 2 days ago, but now if I login at http://www.concacaftv.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ChampionsLeague/Home/0,,12907,00.html says:

" There are currently no live events sceduled.
Please check back later"

??????????????????? WTF

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:01 PM
http://atdhe.net/21588/watch-toronto-fc-vs-cd-motagua

Krasno.pL.
07-27-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.atdhe.net/21588/watch-toronto-fc-vs-cd-motagua

James17930
07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
C'mon you Reds -- time to score more than one goal in a game for once.

dclaro
07-27-2010, 07:04 PM
i can hear the o canada, awesome

dantdot
lol, national anthem, nice.

James17930
It may not be a big crowd, but it should be a loud crowd.

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:05 PM
ahhh that sounded great.

Krasno.pL.
07-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Keeepers got a great set of hair....

barticusz
07-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Whats the starting 11?

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:09 PM
OBW and Barrett upfront... I know Garcia is in defense... Peterson is in... everybody else i think is the usual

James17930
07-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Our entire team needs to go to First-Touch school.

Shway
07-27-2010, 07:14 PM
any better feeds>?

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:15 PM
any better feeds>?

get GOLTV.... 2 dollars a month.

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 07:16 PM
get GOLTV.... 2 dollars a month.
no, not possible. Any other feeds ?

Krasno.pL.
07-27-2010, 07:17 PM
omg..

dclaro
Close call early on

James17930
Thankfully I think that was both offside and a handball.

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:19 PM
no, not possible. Any other feeds ?

cant find any.

dclaro
07-27-2010, 07:23 PM
De Guzman with a brain fart

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
woooooooah

razor787
07-27-2010, 07:25 PM
We have had so many chances... And wtf De Guz... He just let him take it...

Brooker
07-27-2010, 07:26 PM
BARRETTt!!!!

James17930
Oh yes.

dclaro
Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ll Barrett

razor787
GOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! Nice play boys, nice play.

Batman
07-27-2010, 07:28 PM
great ball by dero. good finish by barrett

James17930
07-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Good little flick by OBW

Batman
07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Good little flick by OBW

that too!

TFC_Central
07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
my god barret hit the net, its a miracle

Batman
07-27-2010, 07:39 PM
Motagua seems to have settled in now. I'd sure like to see us pot a few more.

James17930
07-27-2010, 07:40 PM
Usanov looks dangerous -- to us.

Davenport
07-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Second half going to be a different game.
Wind will be a big factor.
Just as well Motagua haven't played a game yet.
Mid-season they'd pump us.

Batman
07-27-2010, 07:42 PM
JDG wide open shot...and nearly whiffs it!

Well, maybe not a whiff, but not much on it.