PDA

View Full Version : I Am So Glad Carver Is Our Manager

trane
06-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Draw, was not a good result at home. This is certainly true, but for the rest of the complaining, while there may be some validity for your view, that the best players should start, Carver has a reason for his policy, he wants it to be about the team and competing for spots, and to make it know that no spot is guaranteed. I you work hard and perform you will be rewarded wether you are Harmse or Robert or Dichio. Maybe it backfired today, but overall if we have succes this year, it is in large part because of him, from bringing in Robert, to the formation and style we play. I am confident that Carver will make us the class of the league.

I am confident that my faith in him will be rewarded.

tfc_4_ever
06-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Draw, was not a good result at home. This is certainly true, but for the rest of the complaining, while there may be some validity for your view, that the best players should start.

However, Carver has a reason for his policy, he wants it to be about the team and competing for spots, and to make it know that no spot is guaranteed. I you work hard and perform you will be rewarded wether you are Harmse or Robert or Dichio. Maybe it backfired today, but overall if we have succes this year, it is in large part because of him, from bringing in Robert, to the formation and style we play. I am confident that Carver will make us the class of the league.

Finally some sense on the board lmao

Blizzard
06-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Draw, was not a good result at home. This is certainly true, but for the rest of the complaining, while there may be some validity for your view, that the best players should start, Carver has a reason for his policy, he wants it to be about the team and competing for spots, and to make it know that no spot is guaranteed. I you work hard and perform you will be rewarded wether you are Harmse or Robert or Dichio. Maybe it backfired today, but overall if we have succes this year, it is in large part because of him, from bringing in Robert, to the formation and style we play. I am confident that Carver will make us the class of the league.

Well said!

B

TFC OZZ
06-21-2008, 09:42 PM
I agree.

noochie
06-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Carver is the man. I may not agree with everything he does however the turn around is undeniable and I love his passion on the sidelines. He said it best today in the post game interview... he can only do so much, they need a finisher (same old, same old).

I think his wholesale changes in the 2nd half were almost an acknowledgement that perhaps he had made a mistake. I admire that he gave them a chance to repeat, I don't think he will make the same mistake twice.

In JC we trust!

S_D
06-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Finally some sense on the board lmao

lol

I felt like I was fighting a losing battle.

If anyone wants to be negative... go to the other thread....only positive vibes here please :D

WHITEY
06-21-2008, 09:48 PM
Very well said!

:hurray:

Cashcleaner
06-21-2008, 10:05 PM
We had a bad day today. That sorta tells you something that even when we have a bad day, we'll still pull out a draw!

tfc_4_ever
06-21-2008, 10:07 PM
lol

I felt like I was fighting a losing battle.

If anyone wants to be negative... go to the other thread....only positive vibes here please :D

:D:pbjtime::party::conehead::hurray::coolgleam::st ogey::crazy::michael::taz:

noochie
06-21-2008, 10:13 PM
You know... NE is losing in the 76' and Columbus has been struggling lately and are on the road in LA... if the scoreline sticks in Salt Lake and the Crew lose/draw in LA... then we can simply wipe this one from memory and enjoy the beating we are going to lay on the whitecaps July 1 :)

EDIT: CLB is losing as well ;)

EDIT 2: So in summary if both NE and CLB lose then we gain ground today... and lose none, not bad given the ON-field performance... lol

ExiledRed
06-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Revs lost to Salt Lake,

LA beating the Crew....

Things arent so bad :)

oh and bump..

djking2
06-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Here's to JC. MLS manager of the year no fuckin problem

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
^Nice! 3 points would have been nice...but at least our position in the Eastern Conference is holding nicely.

Although I WOULD like to stay ahead of LA or whoever else may lead the West. Our position in the playoffs AND in the Superliga may depend on it.

noochie
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Revs lost to Salt Lake,

LA beating the Crew....

Things arent so bad :)

oh and bump..

Word!

Here is how it looks as it stands.

Revs - GP: 14 Pts: 27
CLB - GP: 13 Pts: 22 (in progress at the half)
TOR - GP: 13 Pts: 21

Net result is that we gain a point on both teams ahead of us and still hold a game in hand on the Revs who we play next weekend. Chicago is 2 behind us at 12 GP and 19 Pts but have been on the skids lately.

Looking up indeed :)

noochie
06-21-2008, 10:39 PM
^Nice! 3 points would have been nice...but at least our position in the Eastern Conference is holding nicely.

Although I WOULD like to stay ahead of LA or whoever else may lead the West. Our position in the playoffs AND in the Superliga may depend on it.

Not the playoffs... we would only have to be worried about the 5th place team in the west holding a higher position that the 4th place team in the East (if we finished there) because both wildcards would go though from the west in that scenario.

Top 3 from E/W automatically go through regardless of points (starting this year).

yanggoh
06-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Seriously, it's only one game, and it wasn't even a loss. Why are people in the other threads freaking out over a tie...would they rather witness last season all over again? I don't think so.

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Not the playoffs... we would only have to be worried about the 5th place team in the west holding a higher position that the 4th place team in the East (if we finished there) because both wildcards would go though from the west in that scenario.

Top 3 from E/W automatically go through regardless of points (starting this year).

Yeah, not really worried about getting IN to the playoffs...just whether we have the top seed.

noochie
06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah, not really worried about getting IN to the playoffs...just whether we have the top seed.

Gotcha, and on that note, 2-0 LA :)

S_D
06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Gotcha, and on that note, 2-0 LA :)

and btw if anyone wants to watch columbus lose:

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=13716&part=sports

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Here's to JC. MLS manager of the year no fuckin problem
Are you kidding me? He took the worst professional team (Does anyone remember the hours watching Lombardo running around in circles...) in perhasp all f professional footbal, and made it better.
Given a full house an MLSE support ($'s!),do we really thin this is rocket science?
ooops I fogot, we also spent 60K on analytical software he helped design... I'm sorry, the man is a genious!:eek:

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:56 PM
It's all about results. You can mock or criticize the man all you want, but the results do not lie.

And taking a team with so much support and making them contenders could be considered rocket science. At least that is how all of us Leaf fans justifying not having a contending team despite having the richest team in the league.

Dunno if you were a fan of TFC last year or not...but it's night and day. Night and freakin' day!

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:04 PM
It's all about results. You can mock or criticize the man all you want, but the results do not lie.

And taking a team with so much support and making them contenders could be considered rocket science. At least that is how all of us Leaf fans justifying not having a contending team despite having the richest team in the league.

Dunno if you were a fan of TFC last year or not...but it's night and day. Night and freakin' day!

That and we are 1 win off the pace of the league leading Revs... is Steve Nichol shit also then? Just wondering what the bar is.

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
FYI - All games when in TO since the beginning... NOt a newbie. Sorry.

but frankly it couldn't have possibly been more "night' than last year. Mind you, Dichio's goal to tie and clinch last place was one of the best live sports experinces I have enjoyed!

but really, no way they could have gotten worse.

Cambridge_Red
06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Easy now you may get someone offering you a fight over talk like this :D

djking2
06-21-2008, 11:12 PM
La-2 Clb-2 75:48

Cambridge_Red
06-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Nice :D this works!!

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 11:17 PM
No BS. What a moment! Ohhhhh Dichiooooo!

What hapenned today was the exact opposite. We will persevere, but we all know that what hapenned today was unbelievably embarassing. A tie should not be acceptable.

S_D
06-21-2008, 11:19 PM
but really, no way they could have gotten worse.

That's what they said in Salt Lake in '06 :p

2006 - 39 pts
2007 - 27 pts

And on another positive vibe note: KC has a real chance of breaking our scoreless drought record the way they are going. According to a BS poster they are at 320 minutes.

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Beckham flop... Landycakes takes penalty... 3-2 LA

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:20 PM
According to a BS poster they are at 320 minutes.

lol... we can dream can't we :)

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:24 PM
Beckham flop... Landycakes takes penalty... 3-2 LA

LA continues to show that they needed to spend some more money on defense... 3-3.

S_D
06-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Once they dump Ruiz they will be able to afford a decent player. With Buddle and Donovan they don't need him lol

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Final 3-3. We lose 0 ground in all races :)

We can wipe the game today off the slate and move on.

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 11:33 PM
Holy Moly! Let's all jump up and cheer becausee we didn't lose ground..

i nw tere are others out there who might suggest that this was the perfect opportunity to GAIN ground. We played a really ba team today.

Fine let's be complacent. Let's sit on the fence...

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:36 PM
Holy Moly! Let's all jump up and cheer becausee we didn't lose ground..

i nw tere are others out there who might suggest that this was the perfect opportunity to GAIN ground. We played a really ba team today.

Fine let's be complacent. Let's sit on the fence...

Not saying that at all... I am as disappointed as anyone else at the lack of finish and the inability to gain ground. But here is a fact for you: the team drew the game today. So on the positive side, as a result of that, no ground was lost in the subsequent matches.

If you have a time machine, perhaps you can give Carver a couple pointers... jesus.

toonarmy
06-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Carver was consistent and stuck to his word with his squad players. If you're a player, this is what you want in a coach. He made the right decision, and it will go a long way to create the right atmosphere in our young club in the games ahead.

The players out there at the beginning of the game earned their starting lineup based on how they played in previous games, and Carver had promised that players who get a chance to play and perform well will have earned a start in the next game. Breaking that promise would have demoralized those players and created mistrust in Carver, and that would not be worth two points. Just my opinion.

Cambridge_Red
06-21-2008, 11:46 PM
I wasn't happy with our result and I do see this as ground lost, BUT I don't blame John Carver we had enough talent on the field to get a result we just played poorly.

Pachuco
06-22-2008, 01:11 AM
By the way, since this is the positive thread. I am still pro Carver. I just get a little vocal sometimes and end up sounding like I hate the man because of one mistake. The thing is, I've praised Carver before, and I'll continue to do so when I feel he's done a good job. At the same time though, I'll point out when I feel he's made mistakes. Overall, Carver has done a solid job in my opinion.

CenturySam
06-22-2008, 01:42 AM
this was really his first time to pull on the harness and show them who is boss. at least he realized it wasn't working, and he fixed the problem. albeit it was late, but he still stood by his word, and tried to get the win in the second half. we just ran out of time. If we won OR lost today, do you really think Brennan and Guevara would still be sitting next game? probably not, maybe Sutton, but thats it.

trane
06-22-2008, 06:23 PM
I would take Carver for our national team over Mitchell.

NateDoGG
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
carver needs to change his attitude, or he will not last long here at all.....

Eastend
06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
I think Carver is the right man at the right time for this club.

Eastend
06-22-2008, 07:47 PM
carver needs to change his attitude, or he will not last long here at all.....

This sounds like a bitter Leafs fan quote if I ever heard one....

apologies if I just insulted you if you are not a Leafs fan. :)

ua-kozak_TFC
06-22-2008, 08:10 PM

i think the idea behind his tasctic is right but... it doesn;t make his tactis right... Although i agree that there should no "untouchables" and if you play like shit you get off if you play well you stay.. but i think the problem here is that he is aplying the phylosophy to the team as a WHOLE and not to the actual individual... cunny didn;t do shit against colorado, so i don;t think how he deserved to stayed same goes for dunivant.

scooter
06-22-2008, 08:35 PM
carver is the man---nuff said

Canadian Blue
06-22-2008, 08:38 PM
In my opinion we need to rotate our squad on some occassions, remember we have a very busy July coming up.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 08:46 PM
last season this one would have been a loss...so a point is good...next time we play KC it will be a win.

giambac
06-22-2008, 08:52 PM
last season this one would have been a loss...so a point is good...next time we play KC it will be a win.

This is an exact quote from Carver after last night's game.

"I feel very good and fortunate in getting the 1 point from tonights game".

Okay so let me get this straight. He feels very good in getting a point. That's 1 whole point against KC, the worst team in the league, an dthe game was in TO in front of 20,000 fans and he feels good about 1 point??????

So next week when they play on the road against the best team in the league what will he feel good about. Maybe if they only lose by 3 goals he may feel good about the raod game.

I don't get his comments. I don't get his logic. I don't get his decison making. I don't get anything from him.

noochie
06-22-2008, 09:22 PM
This is an exact quote from Carver after last night's game.

"I feel very good and fortunate in getting the 1 point from tonights game".

Okay so let me get this straight. He feels very good in getting a point. That's 1 whole point against KC, the worst team in the league, an dthe game was in TO in front of 20,000 fans and he feels good about 1 point??????

So next week when they play on the road against the best team in the league what will he feel good about. Maybe if they only lose by 3 goals he may feel good about the raod game.

I don't get his comments. I don't get his logic. I don't get his decison making. I don't get anything from him.

Fortunate meaning that they played like poo poo and still got a point. I am sure that he feels far from "good" about it.

Rocco
06-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Carver is the coach I always wanted... he's my idol, as I plan on being a future coach. There is alot to learn from him. He's very smart and sees the game the way it was meant to be seen. He does NOT belong to the MLS and I think he's doing us very good. That's all I have to say. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no experience playing or coaching the game. Nuff said.
edit: playing is one thing, coaching is totally different. Soccer players are the hardest coached players. I know from first hand experience.

Heathen
06-23-2008, 08:22 AM
I would take Carver for our national team over Mitchell.

talk about a back handed compliment

dupont
06-23-2008, 08:28 AM
Carver is a great coach with a lot of passion. I'm glad he's here. Of course I disagree with his decision to not start Guevara but that is just one game of the entire season. I have been happy with the season up until this point and my opinion won't change based on just one bad move.

Oldtimer
06-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Third in the East is still pretty good.
Carver deserves a lot of the credit for this. The players say so.

To you naysayers, who would you credit our good turnaround this year, just to Mo? I think not, although his acquisitions have been good so far this year.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Third in the East is still pretty good.
Carver deserves a lot of the credit for this. The players say so.

To you naysayers, who would you credit our good turnaround this year, just to Mo? I think not, although his acquisitions have been good so far this year.

Well, I personally give it to a combination of Mo, the players he acquired, Carver and Winsper (in that order). Giving credit to Carver for the turnaround is a little unfair to the rest of the changes on this team. Lombardo played how many games last year? He hasn't seen a single minute of action this year and according to 100% of the people on this board we need a striker (That's how much better we are this year). So who do we owe the biggest praise to? We owe it to Mo. (yes this is coming from a Mo basher at the beginning of the season).

Carver has done a good job, but certainly doens't deserve praise for turning around this team. After all, he still hasn't turned around this team on the road with a much better squad then what he had last year. If he can make that happen, that's when I'll praise him. That's a manager's job, to make these players get over their mental problems of playing on the road and getting results on the road. Getting results at home with a team 3x better then last year isn't enough for me.

giambac
06-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, I personally give it to a combination of Mo, the players he acquired, Carver and Winsper (in that order). Giving credit to Carver for the turnaround is a little unfair to the rest of the changes on this team. Lombardo played how many games last year? He hasn't seen a single minute of action this year and according to 100% of the people on this board we need a striker (That's how much better we are this year). So who do we owe the biggest praise to? We owe it to Mo. (yes this is coming from a Mo basher at the beginning of the season).

Carver has done a good job, but certainly doens't deserve praise for turning around this team. After all, he still hasn't turned around this team on the road with a much better squad then what he had last year. If he can make that happen, that's when I'll praise him. That's a manager's job, to make these players get over their mental problems of playing on the road and getting results on the road. Getting results at home with a team 3x better then last year isn't enough for me.

I agree with you 1005.

Last year we had the likes of Lombardo and Welsh playing most of the games. This year we have Guevera, Robert, Ricketts etc. The credit has to go to MO for bringing them in.
It is up to Carter to use his palyers to their max.

Listen I know we are in third place in the East with 21 points.
However we are also just 2 points out of 6th place (2nd last) in the East. It is a tough division.
If Carter used his regular starters on Saturday I'm ceratin we would have won and we would have been in 2nd place in the East and 4 points out of 6th spot.

You can't let these easy points slip away. You need to get what ever you can when you can, especially the easy points at home.

Carter blew it on Saturday.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Until you figure out what our coach's name is, I'm not reading a word you type. ;)

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:55 AM
I agree with you 1005.

Last year we had the likes of Lombardo and Welsh playing most of the games. This year we have Guevera, Robert, Ricketts etc. The credit has to go to MO for bringing them in.
It is up to Carter to use his palyers to their max.

Listen I know we are in third place in the East with 21 points.
However we are also just 2 points out of 6th place (2nd last) in the East. It is a tough division.
If Carter used his regular starters on Saturday I'm ceratin we would have won and we would have been in 2nd place in the East and 4 points out of 6th spot.

You can't let these easy points slip away. You need to get what ever you can when you can, especially the easy points at home.

Carter blew it on Saturday.

Fuck it, here we go.

Brennan, Edu and Guevara also just came back from friendlies and were quite obviously out of touch with the rest of the team. You also have to get your bench playing time in games where you think they can prosper. They should have won that game WITHOUT Guevara, Brennan, etc. The players didn't step up, you can't put all the blame on the manager.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:57 AM
PS. I am so glad that Carver is our manager

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Fuck it, here we go.

Brennan, Edu and Guevara also just came back from friendlies and were quite obviously out of touch with the rest of the team. You also have to get your bench playing time in games where you think they can prosper. They should have won that game WITHOUT Guevara, Brennan, etc. The players didn't step up, you can't put all the blame on the manager.

we are all going in circles :)

I don't see how Brennan and Guevara showed they were out of touch with the team. They had 35 mins to make an impact and let me tell you, they made an impact when they came on (by Carver's own words in the post game interview)

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Pachuco, Giambac, there are pefectly good threads where you can complain. Why you need this here. Carver is STILL the best signing this offseason. And I'm glad all our best players will be fit for the saturday/tuesday turnaround game this week.

yellowfellow
06-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Who is Carter?

I agree with what Carver did. Honestly, it's Kansas City!! Our subs are quality MLS players and they should be able to beat them. The starters came on with 30 mins left. That means the KC players already played 60 mins!! Our starters came on fresh and still couldn't score. What does that tell you? We played bad AS A TEAM!

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Pachuco, Giambac, there are pefectly good threads where you can complain. Why you need this here. Carver is STILL the best signing this offseason. And I'm glad all our best players will be fit for the saturday/tuesday turnaround game this week.

PLEASE show me where I am complaining in this thread for fucks sakes?

giambac
06-23-2008, 10:41 AM

Carver has said that Guevera, Brennan and Edu will not be playing this
Saturday against New England. He was happy with the way the agam ewent vs KC and said that Harmse palyed a good match. His thinking is that he won't make changes until the team loses.

IDIOT>

giambac
06-23-2008, 10:44 AM
Who is Carter?

I agree with what Carver did. Honestly, it's Kansas City!! Our subs are quality MLS players and they should be able to beat them. The starters came on with 30 mins left. That means the KC players already played 60 mins!! Our starters came on fresh and still couldn't score. What does that tell you? We played bad AS A TEAM!

Carter. Butch Carter the ex coach of the Raptors. That's who I'm talking about.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Ugh...

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 10:53 AM
Ugh...

Still waiting, for the post where I complain in this thread.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:55 AM

Thats the one I was talking about. But congrats to you both...In my attempts to stay on the board and not get frustrated by the constant need for negativity you've both made the ignore list...nice knowing ya.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:58 AM
H Bomb, I wish I could join you in that... the downside of being a mod. :lol:

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Thats the one I was talking about. But congrats to you both...In my attempts to stay on the board and not get frustrated by the constant need for negativity you've both made the ignore list...nice knowing ya.

Sorry to hear that you'll be ignoring everyone who disagrees with you. Real productive there buddy! As for me, I'll keep reading everyone's posts, including Giambiac and Mighty who I can't disagree with more 99% of the time.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't think he's looking at it like that at all, he disagrees with me more than anyone. :lol: It's more the fact that you guys are so overly negative at most opportunities that it get's frustratingly boring. Instead of focusing on what's good, you take the bad and make it worse. Moreso Giam than you, just sorta lumping you all together to make my point. ;)

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 11:11 AM
^^ What he said. disagreement isn't the issue. If so I'd only have Heathen on my non-ignore list (fellow bluenose)

And also yeah Giamys way worse

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 11:13 AM
I don't think he's looking at it like that at all, he disagrees with me more than anyone. :lol: It's more the fact that you guys are so overly negative at most opportunities that it get's frustratingly boring. Instead of focusing on what's good, you take the bad and make it worse. Moreso Giam than you, just sorta lumping you all together to make my point. ;)

That's really smart too, to lump me in with Giam who I personally disagree with 99% of the time. If you know me as being a negative person on these boards, then that's because I don't agree with you ever and you take that as being negative. Not because I constantly bash this team. In fact, I defend Cunny, Ricketts, Edu who alot of people on these boards bash. I rarely agree with something you say, but I wouldn't turn around and call you a basher and a negative person because of it!!!

Heathen
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
^^ What he said. disagreement isn't the issue. If so I'd only have Heathen on my non-ignore list (fellow bluenose)

And also yeah Giamys way worse

:cool: although frankly I'd put myself on my own ignore list if I could

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 11:15 AM
That's really smart too, to lump me in with Giam who I personally disagree with 99% of the time. If you know me as being a negative person on these boards, then that's because I don't agree with you ever and you take that as being negative. Not because I constantly bash this team. In fact, I defend Cunny, Ricketts, Edu who alot of people on these boards bash. I rarely agree with something you say, but I wouldn't turn around and call you a basher and a negative person because of it!!!

Like I said, I was lumping you together to make a point. I've agreed with things you've said. There are times when people go overboard to make a point, valid or not. We're all guilty of it. The difference is, sometimes there is forced negativity around here. Like people thrive on it. :lol:

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Like I said, I was lumping you together to make a point. I've agreed with things you've said. There are times when people go overboard to make a point, valid or not. We're all guilty of it. The difference is, sometimes there is forced negativity around here. Like people thrive on it. :lol:

I do admit (and already admitted before) that I went overboard in making my point about Carver screwing up yesterday because I came home, I was pissed (Guevara didn't start) and I was drunk all at the same time. Anyways, I think we've beat this one enough!

Oh, and I'm glad Carver is our coach just like the rest of you.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 11:23 AM
And again, the fact that you use reason and logic in your points is one of the reasons why I make sure to read your posts. We usually end up in pretty good debates about shit. That's how it should be. :D

yanggoh
06-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Why is the one positive thread in the entire forum being plagued by two pages of dumb arguments?

Toronto_Bhoy
06-23-2008, 12:01 PM
The same two guys every fuckin' thread…

Christ boys, give it a rest…let's move on…

giambac
06-23-2008, 01:29 PM

Shaugno,

You agree on everything and anything.

The problem with you is that you find it so difficult to look at opposite sides of an aregument.

Your argument is simple. Craver is the coach an dhe know best. He has coaching experience and he knows what he is doing. Fuck man Coaach's are humans and they make mistakes.

Answer each of these questions honestly for me

1) If Carve rused Guevera, Edu, and Brennan do you think TFC would have beaten KC on Saturday

2) Is so we would have gained an extra 2 points. Currently we sit just 2 points out of 6th spot in the east. That is 2 points out of second last.
3) Would you not feel more comfortable isf we had those extra 2 points.
4) Everyone says well Guevera wa sprobaly tired from his international duties in Honduras. IN actual fact the last game he palye dfor Honduras was on June 14th, therefore he had a weeks rest same as the TFC players who played On June 14th vs Colorado.

5) if you use Carvers logic that he won't change his roster because they are undefeated (i.e Edwards hasn't lost a game as Sutton's replacement) then he should follow thru in his lopgic and use the same players vs New England as he did vs. KC. Do you expect or think he will do this? No? Why not? Probaly becasue he knows the team would lose and that it backfired on him last Saturday

Fuck man, Carve rhas done some good things and everyone kiss's his ass. Now he made a mistake and you still want to kiss his ass. Why can't you admit he is human and made a mistake which cost us 2 points.

You call anyone who disagrees with you or goes agaianst a decision as being ignorant. Ignorant is someone who can't look at both sides. You seem to take the logic if it's good for Carve ror TFC it's good for you.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Shaugno,

The problem with you is that you find it so difficult to look at opposite sides of an aregument.

Sorry, I stopped reading here due to bad grammar/spelling and it's obvious you don't read my posts. :D

giambac
06-23-2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry, I stopped reading here due to bad grammar/spelling and it's obvious you don't read my posts. :D

You stopped reading because you couldn't answer my questions with any valid answers.

It's your way out of an argument.

Like I said you look at one side only. It's called ignorance.
Your stance is simple. If carver says it's okay than Shaughno says its okay.

Good logic to follow in life. Be a follower. KIss ass.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Yep I follow. Follow Follow Follow, cause United won in Moscow.

Don't worry, I understand the ironic bits of your post. You know, like the fact that you will not accept anything anyone says unless they agree with you. The fact that you neglect anything positive if it contains the words Cunningham, Carver, Harmse.

It's ok mate, you're frustrated. I understand. :)

giambac
06-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Yep I follow. Follow Follow Follow, cause United won in Moscow.

Don't worry, I understand the ironic bits of your post. You know, like the fact that you will not accept anything anyone says unless they agree with you. The fact that you neglect anything positive if it contains the words Cunningham, Carver, Harmse.

It's ok mate, you're frustrated. I understand. :)

Couldn't answer the questions.

I guess they were to tough for you.

I tried to keep them simple, but still to difficult for you...............:noidea:

Heathen
06-23-2008, 01:48 PM
You stopped reading because you couldn't answer my questions with any valid answers.

It's your way out of an argument.

Like I said you look at one side only. It's called ignorance.
Your stance is simple. If carver says it's okay than Shaughno says its okay.

Good logic to follow in life. Be a follower. KIss ass.

Its simple really, Carver does 10 good things this season and 1 questionable thing and you jump on the latter. Throw in a good old dose of anti-English bias and that's why we think you're talking crap. Besides you're a self-confessed message board shit disturber as well.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
You guys really should try this ignore feature. It works...it adds a valium feel to the whole board. And it makes Shaughno seem like he's talking to himself a lot.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-23-2008, 01:52 PM
Its simple really, Carver does 10 good things this season and 1 questionable thing and you jump on the latter. Throw in a good old dose of anti-English bias and that's why we think you're talking crap.

Amen!:hump:

Toronto_Bhoy
06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Kenny?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Kenny?

Naww....his Apprentice

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Shaugno,

Your argument is simple. Craver is the coach an dhe know best. He has coaching experience and he knows what he is doing. Fuck man Coaach's are humans and they make mistakes.

Answer each of these questions honestly for me

1) If Carve rused Guevera, Edu, and Brennan do you think TFC would have beaten KC on Saturday

2) Is so we would have gained an extra 2 points. Currently we sit just 2 points out of 6th spot in the east. That is 2 points out of second last.
4) Everyone says well Guevera wa sprobaly tired from his international duties in Honduras. IN actual fact the last game he palye dfor Honduras was on June 14th, therefore he had a weeks rest same as the TFC players who played On June 14th vs Colorado.

5) if you use Carvers logic that he won't change his roster because they are undefeated (i.e Edwards hasn't lost a game as Sutton's replacement) then he should follow thru in his lopgic and use the same players vs New England as he did vs. KC. Do you expect or think he will do this? No? Why not? Probaly becasue he knows the team would lose and that it backfired on him last Saturday

Fuck man, Carve rhas done some good things and everyone kiss's his ass. Now he made a mistake and you still want to kiss his ass. Why can't you admit he is human and made a mistake which cost us 2 points.

You call anyone who disagrees with you or goes agaianst a decision as being ignorant. Ignorant is someone who can't look at both sides. You seem to take the logic if it's good for Carve ror TFC it's good for you.

1) it wouldn't really have made a difference who we started on Saturday vs KC they came looking for a point and got it. last season our starters were tired towards the end of the season and with wcq games this year
the same will happen so a rest here or there won;t hurt.

2) the extra 2 point might make a difference at seasons end, but then again the one point we got might make a difference getting into the playoffs as well.

3) yes....without doubt...but theres more games to come.

4) but there was jet lag to be considered...say Guevara played the full 90 , got hurt and was out for the rest of the season, how would you feel, i would rather a manger play it safe with players coming off Int'l duty.
5) carver will not name is roster in advance to the press or us, why make thing easy for the revs, i ecpect Guevara, sutton, EDU to play on the weekend.

people disagree on boards like this...thats just they way it goes...i don't believe Carver made a mistake saturday, just lloked ahead to the big picture..the playoffs.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Naww....his Apprentice

He's doing a pretty good job…

Bombonera
06-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Still waiting, for the post where I complain in this thread.
I must say, if you have any complaints left, even I would be impressed. I think the horse is dead kicked, and the McDOnald's burgers made from it eaten.

Long live King Carver! :taz:

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Just for your reading pleasure, though I'm sure you'll ignore it anyway. :D

Shaugno, It's Shaughno. There's an H, first sign you don't read my posts.

You agree on everything and anything. Ask Roogsy, or H Bomb about that one, you'll find quite the opposite actually.

The problem with you is that you find it so difficult to look at opposite sides of an aregument. I find that statement so far beyond ironic it's hilarious.

Yep, Carver is the coach and he knows better than you and I. Pretty true statement is it not?

Answer each of these questions honestly for me Will do sir.

To be frank, yes. Even more honest answer, we should have beat them with the lineup he started.

Is so? That's a new one to me. Two points would have been fantastic and should have happened, with or without Guevara and Brennan. I'm glad you can do math though, one weight off my mind.

Of course I would, only an idiot would say no. That's how sports work, fancy that!

Exactly right. Hey look, I've agreed again. Your fundamental arguement is flawed again!

Dude, we were playing a shit team. The squad he fielded SHOULD have beat KC, end of story. NE is one of the best teams in the league, of course you're going to start your best XI. It didn't backfire in the sense that his lineup didn't work. It backfired in the sense the the players didn't do their job. You have to realize when and who to lay the correct blame on in different situations.

I don't really think he made any major mistakes this past weekend. He fielded a team that should have won. The players couldn't get the job done. The only mistake I saw was not starting Guevara at the start of the second half.

I don't believe I've called anyone ignorant for disagreeing with me. Maybe for being ignorant and not knowing how certain situations work, like how coaches and players have to deal with things like attitudes, league rules, etc.

Maybe you should look up the definition of ignorant if you really believe it means someone who can't see both sides.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 02:06 PM
You guys really should try this ignore feature. It works...it adds a valium feel to the whole board. And it makes Shaughno seem like he's talking to himself a lot.

I do that too... that would be weird to see me talking to myself in real life and on the board.... :noidea:

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 02:25 PM
1) it wouldn't really have made a difference who we started on Saturday vs KC they came looking for a point and got it. last season our starters were tired towards the end of the season and with wcq games this year
the same will happen so a rest here or there won;t hurt.

2) the extra 2 point might make a difference at seasons end, but then again the one point we got might make a difference getting into the playoffs as well.

3) yes....without doubt...but theres more games to come.

4) but there was jet lag to be considered...say Guevara played the full 90 , got hurt and was out for the rest of the season, how would you feel, i would rather a manger play it safe with players coming off Int'l duty.
5) carver will not name is roster in advance to the press or us, why make thing easy for the revs, i ecpect Guevara, sutton, EDU to play on the weekend.

people disagree on boards like this...thats just they way it goes...i don't believe Carver made a mistake saturday, just lloked ahead to the big picture..the playoffs.

I couldn't resist. Coming from someone who's travelled quite a bit. It doesn't take a week to get over jet lag :) Guevara can play a full 90 this saturday and get hurt and not play the rest of the season, I won't blame it on him having to travel to NE :p

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 02:28 PM
^^ Definitely plays a factor with Brennan and Sutton though. ;)

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 02:31 PM
^^ Definitely plays a factor with Brennan and Sutton though. ;)

Agreed! I didn't think they should play saturday. Mostly because Dunivant and Edwards had good games the previous match. So no need to rush these guys back.

aboyandhisdog
06-23-2008, 11:26 PM
Amigo, I agree with you completely! I have faith in JC...and believe that there will be promising acquisitions in the weeks to come (as he assures).

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 07:49 AM
I see no response from the almighty giambac. I'm disappointed but I figured he wouldn't be back after I answered his questions. :lol:

koryo
06-24-2008, 07:51 AM
If Carver's good enough for Bobby Robson, then he's good enough for us.

Said that from day one, and stand by it.

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 07:53 AM
If Carver's good enough for Bobby Robson, then he's good enough for us.

Said that from day one, and stand by it.

Mate, we're sheep by all accounts because we support Carver. Apparently Mo does all the work and Carver rests on his laurels. :noidea:

koryo
06-24-2008, 08:01 AM
Mate, we're sheep by all accounts because we support Carver. Apparently Mo does all the work and Carver rests on his laurels. :noidea:

er, um... baaaahhhhh?

Whatever, some people won't be happy until we appoint Fabio Capello... or Genaro the Sicilian Fish Monger, or this guy their cousin Vinnie knows in the Bridge (Wood, not Stamford), as our next manager.

It appears as though that Carver does have majority support around here though - only the odd few who have it in for him... unless we lose or draw, then the knives really come out, which just makes me laugh to no end.

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 08:03 AM
I know, I try to stay away but it's just too much fun watching them lose control and cut up anything they can get their minds around. :lol:

noochie
06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
<sarcasm> Nothing less than perfection should do from here on out. If Carver draws in NE he should be fired for letting point drops away, if he loses, he should be fired AND ridiculed. A Draw in a 30 game schedule... embarrassing. What low standards we all have </sarcasm>

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
^^ I hear yah, it would be absolutely unacceptable and grounds for hunting him down...

noochie
06-24-2008, 08:38 AM
^^ sharpening the pitch fork now

Shaughno
06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
Nice, got the machete glistening.