PDA

View Full Version : Did carver's ego cost us 2 points?

ua-kozak_TFC
06-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I think he that is the case. WE created more chances in the last 30 minutes than the first 60... obviously due to the B team carver started.

I think Carver's philosophyis DUmb and not effective since it not only creates insecurity in the players but it also doesn;t serve the purpuse of justly rewarding the subs...

I know this has been talked about in other threads but i wanted to see what people think in a poll

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Well at least this one has a poll.

But I can't believe how much you people fall apart. It's not like he just spent 4 months in the offseason doing sweet F-A. He drew ONE game.

But I will wager his "ideas" against any of you guys any day.

Oblio2
06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
For fucks sake, it's one game. Get over it. Last week Carver was God...now you shit all over him. How childish

noochie
06-21-2008, 09:51 PM
Love the passion but I think the criticism is misplaced. The team played like crap today, not the coach.

J .
06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
errr... how about the players?

Cashcleaner
06-21-2008, 10:08 PM
I have my doubts that the OP knows what ego actually means and/or how it applies here.

Marc"2L"
06-21-2008, 10:14 PM
The "if it's not broke, don't fix it" line up idea is gold.
The team from last week was given a chance, they blew it. And it won't happen (exactly like that) again anytime soon. Subs were made. The team will be different next match.

And we only drew.....
It's not like we've been knocked out of a cup or something.

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
So out of a possible 6, this lineup that was such a debacle, such an embarrassment, so stupid Carver's coaching credentials need to be removed....took a shockingly poor...4 points.

Ok...someone explain what the panic is about?

djking2
06-21-2008, 10:51 PM
The sky is falling the sky is falling. or something like that

egoodwin
06-22-2008, 02:07 AM
do we really need 20 threads blaming carver?

Darksideoftheson
06-22-2008, 02:33 AM
Don't be like leaf fans....... if you are we'll never see a "cup"

King Tut
06-22-2008, 05:13 AM
Answer to the poll: NO!

pat416
06-22-2008, 06:59 AM
i respect the deciions he made by letting other players gain exp. so No.

pimpslapt
06-22-2008, 07:10 AM
we are toronto
super toronto
CARVER IS OUR KING!!!!

sidney
06-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I think Carver's mistake yesterday was not ego-driven. Carver seems like a great fellow and is a great coach. A coach who, in his mind, tried to do what he thought was right (institute a faulty policy of not playing TFC's best available players period). Hopefully he's now learned and will not repeat the same mistake again.

pepher
06-22-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm not happy about the tie against the bottom team but Carver is the Coach and I trust him. Funny though, it wasn't too long ago there were many on the boards raving about the 'depth' of our bench. Granted that 'depth' didn't score yesterday but it surely isn't worth all the bru-ha-ha going on around the boards.

Get to the playoffs then field the team that WILL win.

canadian_bhoy
06-22-2008, 08:38 AM
The "if it's not broke, don't fix it" line up idea is gold.
The team from last week was given a chance, they blew it. And it won't happen (exactly like that) again anytime soon. Subs were made. The team will be different next match.

And we only drew.....
It's not like we've been knocked out of a cup or something.

Exactly. Carver now has the respect of guys like Harmse because he didn't hit the automatic "back to the bench stinky!" button. He gave the guys a shot and then made the changes that were nessessary.

Lucky Strike
06-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Answer to the poll: NO!

Actually, there is no answer to this poll because ego doesn't apply. We might just as well ask whether Carver was right to eat Corn Flakes instead of Wheaties that morning for breakfast.

olegunnar
06-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Players now know that training is meaningless.

If they win...it doesn't matter what they do the next week...or who gets added to the team...it could be a DP, but that doesn't matter....they won last week so they still get to play. Cunningham could have brought a lawn chair to training and chilled out...doesn't matter, he's going to start no matter what. Now that's earning repsect!
What's the incentive to work during the week if the line up is automatically determined by the previous week's outcome?

Bobo
06-22-2008, 09:22 AM
I think Carver's mistake yesterday was not ego-driven. Carver seems like a great fellow and is a great coach. A coach who, in his mind, tried to do what he thought was right (institute a faulty policy of not playing TFC's best available players period). Hopefully he's now learned and will not repeat the same mistake again.

QFT, this has nothing to do with ego, the opposite if anything.

Phil
06-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Closing this, really its getting tired :deadhorse:

I know its a poll but its the same responses everywhere.