razor787
05-31-2010, 09:40 PM
watch him go there and be a star striker haha

bigtfcfan
05-31-2010, 09:41 PM
I like the guy. I hope he finds a club.

Stryker
05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
If only lottery numbers were this predictable.

Brooker
05-31-2010, 09:46 PM
like every club he plays with... he'll last between 10 and 25 games.

possibly even less this time:

http://lisamiru.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/poutine.jpg

TFCUNITED
05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Fuck now I want poutine.

Luanda
05-31-2010, 09:58 PM
RDS is also reporting this. But...he is not trialing. Gerba is reported as merely training with l'Impact to get into shape. The report further states that because the team's strikers have, of late, been unproductive, Gerba could find himself for the 4th time a member of l'Impact.

oxygenatedbrain
05-31-2010, 09:58 PM
«Ali s’entraîne avec nous, il n’est pas à l’essai, lance Marc Dos Santos.

Toronto Ruffrider
05-31-2010, 10:14 PM

There should be a pool to keep track of this.

Kaz
05-31-2010, 10:43 PM
There should be a pool to keep track of this.

17 apps and 6 gls.

I just looked at his wiki... that is a little scary.. must have been a subconscious remembrance.

have to change that.

16 apps and 5 goals (weight on release 217lbs)

DichioTFC
05-31-2010, 11:06 PM

/thread :lol:

flatpicker
05-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Damn that poutine looks good.
I wonder if that fits into a weight loss program?

Blizzard
05-31-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm surprised it took this long...

Probably something to do with his buy out agreement with TFC. There's no way they would have allowed him to play against us in the Voyageur's Cup.

twistedchinaman
05-31-2010, 11:46 PM
/thread :lol:

Thank you!

Although damn, that poutine does look mighty fine...

Luca
06-01-2010, 12:20 AM
I'd like to see him and Collin Samuel compete in an endurance run.

Put a hamburger at the finish line or something.

Redcoe15
06-01-2010, 12:51 AM

WANT! :yum: :drool5:

James17930
06-01-2010, 03:25 AM
This is great, and hopefully he actually signs with them.

Anything that makes them worse just helps us all the more.

Razcle
06-01-2010, 04:03 AM
Whatever it takes to keep him prime for scoring goals for Canada, unless of course the opposition is TFC where we already know his style of play

Mikey
06-01-2010, 06:46 AM
I'm sure he'll on fire for the first two or three games, and then he'll wind down to a useless jog around the park....Impact would be smart to offer him a one season agreement.

TFC OZZ
06-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Give the guy a break, hopefully he finds his form wherever he goes

ecospice
06-01-2010, 07:13 AM
I hope he catches on with limpact. As much as I hate that team, I would like to see Gerba succeed...plus it might keep him in 'shape' and he can continue to score for the MNT.

Pachuco
06-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Well, it's kinda sad that he's trialing for a team that he's already played for 3 times. If the L'impact aren't willing to extend him an offer without a trial, then I think this may be the end of his professional career.

jabbronies
06-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Not surprised. The impact seem to love bringing on dead weight into their lineup, seems like a perfect fit ;)

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Not sure why there is all the Ali hate. He started 5 games for us and plugged in a goal. That merits this animosity near Cunny-levels?

jabbronies
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Not sure why there is all the Ali hate. He started 5 games for us and plugged in a goal. That merits this animosity near Cunny-levels?

No but he's not on our team anymore. So why show him love? We should focus the love on our players, not theirs. :scarf:

jabbronies
06-01-2010, 08:15 AM
To be honest if he went to any other team that we don't play against, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 08:17 AM
No but he's not on our team anymore. So why show him love? We should focus the love on our players, not theirs. :scarf:

Do we have threads like this for every ex-player, especially one who plays for our national team?

There is a difference between being a hater and showing love. We've been talking about showing Robbo appreciation when he comes back. He is an ex-player isn't he?

Pachuco
06-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Do we have threads like this for every ex-player, especially one who plays for our national team?

There is a difference between being a hater and showing love. We've been talking about showing Robbo appreciation when he comes back. He is an ex-player isn't he?

I'm not an Ali hater although I think you hold him to a higher light then I do, but I freeking hate the L'Impact. He's associating himself once again with the enemy therefore he is the enemy no?

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 08:28 AM
My defense of Ali has several aspects to it:

1) He has been a staunch performer on our national team.
2) He wasn't given a fair chance on TFC. 5 games during half a season where the whole team sucked and he was injured? Really? That's what we are basing our judgement on?
3) He was disrespected when released from the club.

As such, I am willing to give him a lot more slack than apparently many people on this board. He's a nice guy. He wanted to play for us. He wanted to win for us. That was enough for me. The level of disatisfaction with him while he was here seems irrational to me.

trane
06-01-2010, 09:23 AM
^ I agree. I am just surprised that this did not happen earlier, he must have tried Europe first.

Darlofletch
06-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I'm not really seeing any Cunningham style hating going on here, it's more Samuel style mocking.

I was sad to see him go and agree he didn't really seem to get a fair time with us, and I hope wherever he ends up he can keep his career going well enough to continue being productive for canada.

I've always thought he could be really good on the right team, as he's occasionally proven, I was very happy when he came here, and even at the end of last year i still had faith he could be the answer to our scoring woes, but he probably relies on a team playing in a certain way to maximise his abilities, which obviously isn't going to fly with preki.

Give me the choice of a team playing for gerba, or a team playing for preki, and I'll choose Preki every time. Do i wish him any ill will, not at all, am i a bit amused at fat jokes at his expense now he's potentially an impact player? yeah, they're fun.

Super Cereal
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm with Roogsy, why the hell should Ali be deserving of hate?

Good for him, I wish him well.

Also, the fat jokes are really aggravating, but not for the reason you'd think. First of all, they aren't the least bit accurate. Gerba was never fat when he was playing for us, if he's considered fat you must be a bunch of pencil-necks. And really, they just aren't that funny at all. As a fan of comedy and amateur comedian it's disappointing that it's all you can do.

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 09:47 AM
His model girlfriend didn't seem to think he was fat. :lol:

Oh man, was she hot. All TFC fans should be sad he's gone for the simple fact that she won't be around anymore. :D

Parkdale
06-01-2010, 09:51 AM
like roogsy said, the guy never got a fair shake with the club, plus the way he has let go was disgraceful.

we gave Barrett how long before he finally started playing right? 5 games wasn't nearly enough for gerba.

TFCUNITED
06-01-2010, 10:11 AM
His model girlfriend didn't seem to think he was fat. :lol:

Oh man, was she hot. All TFC fans should be sad he's gone for the simple fact that she won't be around anymore. :D

We need pictures for proof. :tongue:

Fort York Redcoat
06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Ali needed more service and was chastised for living offside but that's his game. I doubt he'll be back in Toronto unless it's for Canada and that would be good for Canada if he improved so much but bad he couldn't do that for us here.

jabbronies
06-01-2010, 10:26 AM

You shouldn't compare Ali Gerba - 5 games with tfc? maybe 10
versus Carl Robinson - 3 years service, RPB and TFC Player of the Year, donates his Nat jersey to our club. etc etc.

The guy may not deserve the fat jokes, but he is going to one of our most heated rivals. So it's all game IMO.

maninb
06-01-2010, 10:38 AM
The fact that Gerba played for what 12 teams in 12 years must say something...he was lazy and had a lacadasical attitude...I don't hate the guy, it's just there's NO WAY he could EVER play for Preki...

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
You shouldn't compare Ali Gerba - 5 games with tfc? maybe 10
versus Carl Robinson - 3 years service, RPB and TFC Player of the Year, donates his Nat jersey to our club. etc etc.

The guy may not deserve the fat jokes, but he is going to one of our most heated rivals. So it's all game IMO.

1) He isn't going to one of our heated rivals, he is training with them. Once he becomes an opponent, sure have at it. He isn't one yet.

2) Robbo currently plays for one of our most heated rivals in the league. The point? That reason in itself is insufficient.

3) The Ali-hate started long before he even stepped on to the Impact pitch to train with them.

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 10:48 AM
The fact that Gerba played for what 12 teams in 12 years must say something...he was lazy and had a lacadasical attitude...I don't hate the guy, it's just there's NO WAY he could EVER play for Preki...

I'd probably have to agree with this. It would appear Ali needs a particular type of coach just like Preki needs a particular type of player.

J .
06-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Gerba didnt fit into the system, Gerba needs service. I was huge on hoping he would pan out here, but he didnt. I dont hold animosity toward him, but I am disappointed with what happened.

It is looking however that Preki was right and these other guys weere wrong.

Darlofletch
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm with Roogsy, why the hell should Ali be deserving of hate?

Good for him, I wish him well.

Also, the fat jokes are really aggravating, but not for the reason you'd think. First of all, they aren't the least bit accurate. Gerba was never fat when he was playing for us, if he's considered fat you must be a bunch of pencil-necks. And really, they just aren't that funny at all. As a fan of comedy and amateur comedian it's disappointing that it's all you can do.

To me, that's what makes it amusing, same as with Samuel and fat Frank lampard.

obviously they aren't actually fat, and have to be in really good shape to have any kind of career as a professional athlete. Whereas I am kind of fat, and horribly unfit, but because they put themselves out there as pro athletes, and thanks to the anonymous wonders of the interwebs, I can enjoy fat jokes as much as i want, in a way i never would in real life, or about someone else who is actually fat.

Section 117
06-01-2010, 11:09 AM
from what I heard he was a very poor team mate and I for one am happy that he is gone.

We need to get rid of the cancer on this team, you can see by the results so far that we are going in the right direction

ManUtd4ever
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM

My thoughts exactly. I do wish him well, just not if he ever plays against us...

Dbl_D
06-01-2010, 11:17 AM
We need pictures for proof. :tongue:

its not true unless we see pictures.. :hump:

__wowza
06-01-2010, 11:43 AM
lest we forget, he hates MO as much (if not more) then the rest of us do..

Super
06-01-2010, 12:33 PM
its not true unless we see pictures.. :hump:

http://weird-websites.info/Ugly-People/images/fat-ugly-girl-non-nude-pictures.jpg

Not my type.

jabbronies
06-01-2010, 12:51 PM
1) He isn't going to one of our heated rivals, he is training with them. Once he becomes an opponent, sure have at it. He isn't one yet.

2) Robbo currently plays for one of our most heated rivals in the league. The point? That reason in itself is insufficient.

3) The Ali-hate started long before he even stepped on to the Impact pitch to train with them.

Montreal and Chicago are heated. Some in the league would argue Columbus.

NY? really? with their empty stadium? 0 travel support? 0 supporter support for that matter!

Other than that one incident back in first year, what makes them heated?

Luca
06-01-2010, 01:16 PM
It's all fun and games. Besides, he moped about the pitch for five games this season, and was sent home in pre-season for being a fat fuck.

Good riddance.

Super Cereal
06-01-2010, 01:17 PM

NY? really? with their empty stadium? 0 travel support? 0 supporter support for that matter!

Seriously? I seem to remember in seasons past the weekly "OH THE RED BULLS ARE SHITE" threads. Not to mention they actually play in the same league.

I would rank Columbus and New York above Chicago personally.

Roogsy
06-01-2010, 01:19 PM

Are you talking in the stands or on the pitch? Because those are two different things.

I don't recall there being a fight in the player's tunnel between TFC players and Chicago players.

Montreal I will buy...after the Roberto Brown punchout. But Chicago? Not even with the supporters would I call it a rivalry either.

Shakes McQueen
06-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Preki sending him home was pretty clearly the right decision. That's all I will say.

- Scott

BFin
06-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Who cares?

It's Gerba...it's not as though it's Dichio.

Let them have him, they aren't even in our league and he probably wont be around next year when the NCC comes calling. Much ado about nothing.

koryo
06-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Fuck that poutine looks good... huh? Gerba... What about him?

Super Cereal
06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
I don't recall there being a fight in the player's tunnel between TFC players and Chicago players.
I'm an idiot. What is this a reference to?

los sonadores
06-02-2010, 12:16 AM
I agree with Roogsy et al.

And yeah, he didn't fit the system - a system that is working relatively well at the moment. But the longtime propensity for fat jokes on this board is way too easy, the mental equivalent of being unnecessarily out of shape.