PDA

View Full Version : Galaxy undefeated streak and June 26th

Dbl_D
05-30-2010, 08:41 PM
Usually the Galaxy games at BMO bring out a crowd thats... I'm not sure because my wife steals the tickets to go with her girlfriends, hoping for a glimpse of Golden 'what is he called now'? This year I thought wow I may finally get to see the Galaxy play since Beck's is hurt...

Not to get a head of myself, but has anyone noticed or mentioned this already that the Galaxy at home has Houston (losers to the union this weekend). A tester in Salt Lake, which will be a either a redemption match for last years cup loss or the galaxy playing for a draw to keep the streak alive...

Leaving us with to defend our favorite Mo's honor... :facepalm:

its going to be an interesting month...

DichioTFC
05-30-2010, 08:43 PM
so what you're saying is that LA wont be undefeated when they come to BMO?

Dbl_D
05-30-2010, 08:43 PM
so what you're saying is that LA wont be undefeated when they come to BMO?

im thinking this could be...

Cashcleaner
05-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I wouldn't bet against them - prior to the 26th, of course.

DichioTFC
05-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Assuming Team USA makes it past the Group stage (and assuming they finish second in their group), they will play June 27 so that means Galaxy will be without Donovan and Buddle for the TFC match and all matches prior to.

Not sure if they'll still be undefeated, but its definitely a winnable match for us.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-30-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm not sure because my wife steals the tickets to go with her girlfriends, hoping for a glimpse of Golden 'what is he called now'? This year I thought wow I may finally get to see the Galaxy play since Beck's is hurt...

Dude...you need to grow some "Golden Balls"...

spot-on
05-30-2010, 11:42 PM

^ this :D

Keystone FC
05-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Assuming Team USA makes it past the Group stage (and assuming they finish second in their group), they will play June 27 so that means Galaxy will be without Donovan and Buddle for the TFC match and all matches prior to.

Not sure if they'll still be undefeated, but its definitely a winnable match for us.
LA was without Landycakes and Buddle and still spanked the Crew 2-0. Still, with the current status of TFC ANY match is winable.
:scarf:

DichioTFC
05-30-2010, 11:52 PM
LA was without Landycakes and Buddle and still spanked the Crew 2-0. Still, with the current status of TFC ANY match is winable.

On the road as well!! Still, if we're able to get a draw against Galaxy with Donovan & Buddle while we were tired in LA, I gotta think we'll get the result at home after a bit of a break... hope there's no rust though..

twistedchinaman
05-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Usually the Galaxy games at BMO bring out a crowd thats... I'm not sure because my wife steals the tickets to go with her girlfriends

Dude, that's just wrong with a capital W...

Houston they SHOULD win against, RSL not so much -- the Galaxatives have ridden a lot of luck (seriously, with 15 shots, you'd think even Shitlotto would have hit at least a goal), and something tells me either the Dynamo, Real Shitty Lake or us will bring them crashing back down to Earth.

twistedchinaman
05-31-2010, 01:13 AM
LA was without Landycakes and Buddle and walked over a Crew that couldn't hit the side of a barn 2-0. Still, with the current status of TFC ANY match is winnable, and we can bring the Galaxatives back down to Earth.

Fixed. :D

DichioTFC
05-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Houston they SHOULD win against, RSL not so much -- the Galaxatives have ridden a lot of luck (seriously, with 15 shots, you'd think even Shitlotto would have hit at least a goal), and something tells me either the Dynamo, Real Shitty Lake or us will bring them crashing back down to Earth.

...I notice a theme...:lol:

DichioTFC
05-31-2010, 01:16 AM
^ Real is on a 5 game winning streak.. no draws, just wins. They recovered their championship form

twistedchinaman
05-31-2010, 01:40 AM
...I notice a theme...:lol:

Yay! Someone noticed. :) Oh, happy day!

twistedchinaman
05-31-2010, 01:51 AM
^ Real is on a 5 game winning streak.. no draws, just wins. They recovered their championship form

Just 4 games, bud...

Still, they've got 2 games (one US Open Cup, one league) against DC, and then the Galaxatives in the span of seven days.

I don't know how much gas they will have left in the tank...it all depends on how serious RSL takes the US Open Cup, and how much of a challenge DC will prove to be in both games. 180 minutes of away football on 2 days rest before another 90 with the league leaders at home on 3 days rest...it's a hugely tough ask.

Dbl_D
05-31-2010, 10:48 AM

rofl... I go to every other game so whats missing one... great comment though

Keystone FC
05-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Fixed. :D
That's what I meant to say. Thanks for taking care of that.:D

Globetrotter
05-31-2010, 01:04 PM
even if USA does get bumped from the round robin, they have a game June 23rd. You really think Buddle and the Donovan would travel across the world to play vs Toronto 3 days later? I don't see them being in Canada at all.

Dbl_D
06-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Bumping my thread for the game tonight... ;)

interesting item I found... we are undefeated in 12 mls games at home since this game...

June 6th, 2009 Toronto FC 1 - 2 L.A. Galaxy

Darlofletch
06-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Bumping my thread for the game tonight... ;)

interesting item I found... we are undefeated in 12 mls games at home since this game...

June 6th, 2009 Toronto FC 1 - 2 L.A. Galaxy

Moral of the story is that protests work (at least for our home form).

Damien
06-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I hope the Gals loose in RSL tonight because a pile of wins is usually followed by at least a small winless streak.

Alarius
06-10-2010, 09:09 AM
I hope the Gals loose in RSL tonight because a pile of wins is usually followed by at least a small winless streak.
Looks like you got your wish!

Jitter
06-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Omar Gonzalez will miss the match due to accumulation of yellow cards as well...
This is a good thing for TFC

Dv23
06-10-2010, 09:46 AM
On a somewhat related note: I'm a little bit scared to go to the Los Angeles game now. I already knew that with the G20 on traffic would be crazy and we'd probably have a hard time getting there. But now, the whole story about the guy buying ammonium nitrate has gotten to me... I don't want to make any outlandish predictions, but I'm not sure that I want to be among so many people in the midst of all of that.

Dbl_D
06-10-2010, 10:13 AM
On a somewhat related note: I'm a little bit scared to go to the Los Angeles game now. I already knew that with the G20 on traffic would be crazy and we'd probably have a hard time getting there. But now, the whole story about the guy buying ammonium nitrate has gotten to me... I don't want to make any outlandish predictions, but I'm not sure that I want to be among so many people in the midst of all of that.

the guy contacted police as soon as his sketch was published... I'd be more concerned with the tear gas down town than an 'event' ...