PDA

View Full Version : MLS Week 11 Thread.

Dub Narcotic
05-30-2010, 03:24 AM
The Burpo break was brutal. NER down to their third-string goalie.

Surprise of the week: PU winning in Houston.

RSL is likely the second-best team in the league. Solid from top to bottom. That Costa Rican striker they signed has really done well.

Might Tristan Bowen be the first MLS academy-grown star?

KC keeper Nielsen had a terrible game.

GBV
05-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Not sure how L.A. beat Columbus.
The latter was by far the superior team.
Corner kicks were Columbus 15 L.A. 0.

Darlofletch
05-30-2010, 10:21 AM
yeah, i casually watched the columbus la game this morning while reading the paper, every time i looked up the ball was in L.A's box. Just one of those games i guess.

seemed like a decent sized crowd as well.

twistedchinaman
05-30-2010, 12:54 PM
Philly's win vs. Houston was indeed a shock -- it does highlight how far Houston has fallen since DeRo left them. From B2B champions (2006 and 2007), to losing to Philly in their first meeting ever...it's hard to watch this fall from grace.

Think about it...from two years in a row in the CCL (four if you count the old Champions' Cup), now they go into the Superfluous-liga (which has nothing tangible on the line, tell me if there is)...

twistedchinaman
05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
RSL is likely the second-best team in the league so far. Solid from top to bottom. That Costa Rican striker they signed has really done well.

Fixed.

rocker
05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
that Burpo injury in the NY-NE game was gruesome.. one of the blogs posted a pic and his whole ankle is going in a different direction. it looked like a photoshop job.

TFC247
05-30-2010, 02:15 PM
RSL is likely the second-best team in the league. Solid from top to bottom. I'm just not that impressed with LA. I would say RSL is probably the best home team, and LA is the best team on the road. RSL actually has the skills to dominate teams at home, which is rare in this parity driven league. But their road form is TFC like (pre yesterday). LA seems to be just getting by, even squeaking out points after points while being dominated. I don't know if that's by tactical design, or just pure luck. I tend to think it's the latter.

Yohan
05-30-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm just not that impressed with LA. I would say RSL is probably the best home team, and LA is the best team on the road. RSL actually has the skills to dominate teams at home, which is rare in this parity driven league. But their road form is TFC like (pre yesterday). LA seems to be just getting by, even squeaking out points after points while being dominated. I don't know if that's by tactical design, or just pure luck. I tend to think it's the latter.
LA Galaxatives is getting results without 3 of their key players. LAG was also one of more consistent teams last season. Arena is one of best managers in MLS.

more tactics, less luck IMO

TFC247
05-30-2010, 11:58 PM
LA Galaxatives is getting results without 3 of their key players. LAG was also one of more consistent teams last season. Arena is one of best managers in MLS.
With or without those players, they are only barely getting by. Can't argue with the results, but I'm just telling you what I saw from their play. They rely heavily on their defense while their offense is nothing but counterattacks and capitalizing on mistakes. It worked so far, but I just don't see them getting away with it all through the year. If they make it to BMO unbeaten, they're gonna get bitchslapped back into reality real quick. But I don't see that happening because their streak will already be snapped in Salt Lake the match before.

James17930
05-31-2010, 12:55 AM
that Burpo injury in the NY-NE game was gruesome.. one of the blogs posted a pic and his whole ankle is going in a different direction. it looked like a photoshop job.

I hate it when they post those pics. Why do we need to see that?

I was happy that in the game highlights they didn't cut to a close up, but you could still tell from what the announcers were saying that it was horrific -- they could see it all the way from the booth.