PDA

View Full Version : Our Performance Today Was Unacceptable

Pages : [1] 2

Keyman
06-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Today, the performance off the pitch, was unacceptable. I thought that 112, and basically the entire south end, was very very quiet and barely united. I looked over and saw entire chunks of 112, 113, and 114 (I was there for the first half) standing and ignoring anyone who was attempting to get a chant going. There were obviously points where people it picked up, and everyone got into it, but by our standards we should be very disappointed with the atmosphere we created today.

To me, it almost looked like people were bored of chanting. I've been in the south end for basically every game this season, and I've never seen us so quiet. The play on the pitch probably had something to do with it, I mean, a 0-0 game doesn't exactly pump people up. But these are the type of games where we need to be getting behind TFC as much as possible, because we do make a difference. I hope that next time, against Montreal, we make up for today.

Also, did anyone see the drunk Russian? That guy was fucking awesome!:D

adamdz
06-21-2008, 07:27 PM
The sun, and the teams performance both seemed to be a drain on everyone. I know myself I felt pretty pooped, but still gave it a go most of the game.

Some guy was trying to stop an ice cream truck on king/dufferin after the game (he was in the middle of the intersection), wtf lol?

FluSH
06-21-2008, 07:28 PM
We were horrible... just damn right HORRIBLE. Yes, we were missing alot of key guys... (Jack, Big Red, and my bros) but to be frank... without Red Thunder we are lost out there. I mean there were periods when we were loud but over all it was just plain bad.

Need to step it up for the next game... but more importantly people need to learn some of the new chants out there...

ALLEZ
ALLEZ
It's too late here we come...
ALLEZ
ALLEZ
We Got you on the Run...

MG42
06-21-2008, 07:28 PM
thank you for posting this...Where was 112 today? ...I was in 111 an I heard chants coming from 110 louder than 112!!!! What was the probelm over there? I saw Shaughno and Britchat singing all game,I know there was probably more but that's all I saw...

the 12th man was not present today.

Worst support day in the history of TFC :(

MrHawk
06-21-2008, 07:34 PM
2 guys behind me today were saying that 110 was quieter than usual, and even that 112 was quiet today.

werewolf
06-21-2008, 07:34 PM
The importance of the tailgate, I see now, has been underestimated. Not necessarily for the food/drink portion, but warming up everyone in chanting.

Where was everyone?

FluSH
06-21-2008, 07:35 PM
The importance of the tailgate, I see now, has been underestimated. Not necessarily for the food/drink portion, but warming up everyone in chanting.

THANK YOU

I couldn't agree anymore...

pepher
06-21-2008, 07:35 PM
on a side note, the play on the pitch was shite as well... 0-0? come on!!!

MrHawk
06-21-2008, 07:36 PM
I got to BMO at around 2:45 and I guess it was all done by then?

Keyman
06-21-2008, 07:40 PM
The one thing we have to do, is hold chants longer. Not just Forza TO, which we are getting better at holding, but ALL chants. Every single chant is done within 30 seconds, therefore we have basically done every one we have by half time. Also, MORE JUMPING! And clapping, also. The clapping helps a lot of chants, if the entire south end is jumping, it pumps people up.

tfc_4_ever
06-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought 110 was good today.

This guy in row twelve(I think). A real brit was leading all the chants. He was also yelling at everyone for sitting in 109. lol. He started c'mon you reds an number of times today.

RedRum
06-21-2008, 07:41 PM
The bottom of 112 was comatose today. Aside from Myron drumming and a very few select others, it was freakin' zombie-land.

We simply need to be better.

RedRum
06-21-2008, 07:42 PM

All the more reason to bring it for the full 90.

RedRum
06-21-2008, 07:43 PM
The clapping helps a lot of chants, if the entire south end is jumping, it pumps people up.

Listen to the man he speaks the truth.

Keyman
06-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Oh, and PLEASE sing Forza TO properly! I don't know how many times people have to bring this up, but you don't simply keep the same tone for every line.

This is how it is done!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7Inv49Ghr8

MrHawk
06-21-2008, 07:45 PM
I thought 110 was good today.

This guy in row twelve(I think). A real brit was leading all the chants. He was also yelling at everyone for sitting in 109. lol. He started c'mon you reds an number of times today.

Where did you sit in 110?

Del Boy
06-21-2008, 07:51 PM
It was a shite performance from the stands. The West side South end 220/221 were getting there a few games ago but without noise from 112 we're left on our own.
I swear I was the only person singing the Dichio chant in both 220 and 221, when I realized no one was joining in I just sang it louder. Eff em all.

tfc_4_ever
06-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Where did you sit in 110?

row 14m how bout you?

tfc_4_ever
06-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh, and PLEASE sing Forza TO properly! I don't know how many times people have to bring this up, but you don't simply keep the same tone for every line.

This is how it is done!

Yes!

We need to sing it right. It sounds so much better and looks better with the jumping to.

Steve-Tor
06-21-2008, 07:59 PM

Where was everyone?

It was never underestimated in my mind.

It is what made the fans in our section great last year.

The build up to the game was brilliant.

Sadly, that is gone.

And it's showing.

RedRum
06-21-2008, 08:01 PM

This is how it is done!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7Inv49Ghr8 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=S7Inv49Ghr8)

Everything has been tried to fix this, but to no avail. I say we start performing bunker lobotomies one at a time!

905shmick
06-21-2008, 08:02 PM

This is how it is done!

Dang. That sounds amazing. I had no idea it was supposed to sound like that.

We gotta work on this for sure.

Jack
06-21-2008, 08:22 PM
Don't worry guys, I'll be back next game :stogey:

But yeah, it was kind of quiet today. I was in 110 for the first half and tried to join in the chants as much as possible (which was tough at times as my daughter needed her water or her cookies or something)

The bottom half of 110 is a morgue.

I moved to the front row of 111 for the second half and there were times where things sounded good, but I think the heat and more importantly the play on the pitch, sapped us of a lot of energy today.

111 is was also much quieter than usual.

ExiledRed
06-21-2008, 09:06 PM
obviously I was missed in 112. :)

Sorry guys, my kid has the pox and I have to stay with him, I was going to bring him today but the sight of him would have cleared the section.

If it's any consolation, you sounded terrible on television too.

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I felt depressed by our poor performance.
From where I was in 111, I could hear several songs and chants going at once,
and when we did all sing the same thing we had every section out of time with each other.

It's almost time to have people in the bottom 112 and 111 holding up big cue cards to let everyone know what song we are doing.

who knows... maybe we even need speakers in the south end that braodcast the good parts of the crowd for everyone else to hear and join in with.

seems like we need someone to hold our hands and teach us how to walk again.

masrawy
06-21-2008, 09:16 PM
I I could hear several songs and chants going at once,
and when we did all sing the same thing we had every section out of time with each other.

That's called spontaneous chanting with no organization.

:rolleyes:

tfc_4_ever
06-21-2008, 09:24 PM
After todays game a capo would clearly help :P :)

WHITEY
06-21-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm a STH in section 223 and most of the time I'll look over to the south end to "watch and listen to the show" over there... but today was horrible, sorry guys! Normally I can hear the chants clear as day today all you could hear were like three different chants at the same time. When all these videos get posted of "how to sing chants" properly there is always one come denominator in all of them, they all have guys leading the entire group, "cappo's" if you will; these guys have their backs to the game and all they do is "conduct" the chants. Has there been any thought to maybe trying this?

Super
06-21-2008, 09:30 PM
People are BORED with chanting. The novelty effect has worn off. FUCKING PART TIME SUPPORTERS!

It's painful to watch for those of us who chant through the 90 minutes. My voice is always left at the stadium. I see so many people not singing. WTF? SING, CHANT, or go sit with the families. I'm disgusted!

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 09:38 PM
People are BORED with chanting. The novelty effect has worn off. FUCKING PART TIME SUPPORTERS!

It's painful to watch for those of us who chant through the 90 minutes. My voice is always left at the stadium. I see so many people not singing. WTF? SING, CHANT, or go sit with the families. I'm disgusted!

Sweet Jesus!
We need to get all the good supporters into one section!!!
That seat exchange they did in the off season was a bust for the most part.
They need to do a far more intelligent exchange that will actually get people where they want to be.
There has got to be a way!
It's for the good of the team dammit!!!

noochie
06-21-2008, 09:44 PM
Sweet Jesus!
We need to get all the good supporters into one section!!!
That seat exchange they did in the off season was a bust for the most part.
They need to do a far more intelligent exchange that will actually get people where they want to be.
There has got to be a way!
It's for the good of the team dammit!!!

Couldn't agree more... we should be all in the East stands just above the pitch so we look good on TV too. Get me a seat there and I'm in. 121 was dreadful today just as I thought we were starting to turn a corner...

J .
06-21-2008, 10:00 PM
113 was a fucking joke.... Just fucking horrible.

We need a chant to rip on these people and other supporters need to get on these peoples asses and drive them out of the south end.

Sorry, but there are thousands of other venues and seats to just be quiet, at least we can have 112 to 113. MINIMUM.

I started in on people this game telling them to not return if they are just going to be zombies. Other people should do the same. Just unacceptable by any measure. It was the worst atmosphere ever.

BC101
06-21-2008, 10:03 PM
125 good to see yer parents let you out this time LOL just kidding... yeah the stuff i saw today in the stands was poor. SURE my protest against "Reds go marching in" wasn't poorly planned and didn't make much of a difference LOL but like i dunno the forza was shit even the dichio was garbage... It was like this first half last week as well... things are slowing down me thinks.

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:08 PM
maybe MLSE can contact people that sit in 111, 112, and 113 and say to them if they don't want to stand and sing then the club would be happy to move them to other seats of similar price... namely... the NEE section. Then we could transplant all the NEE folks into our corner in order to condense our troops.

I dunno... but something has to happen!

Mikey
06-21-2008, 10:11 PM
I had to put up with a bunch of complete twats who somehow got tickets for the disabled section at the top of 112, chanting for the sens and at one point chanting "lets go Kansas".

Wouldn't be surprised if I end up with Impact fans behind me up there on July 1st......

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I had to put up with a bunch of complete twats who somehow got tickets for the disabled section at the top of 112, chanting for the sens and at one point chanting "lets go Kansas".

Wouldn't be surprised if I end up with Impact fans behind me up there on July 1st......

did that have anything to do with the police and security presence I saw up there?

BC101
06-21-2008, 10:13 PM
maybe MLSE can contact people that sit in 111, 112, and 113 and say to them if they don't want to stand and sing then the club would be happy to move them to other seats of similar price... namely... the NEE section. Then we could transplant all the NEE folks into our corner in order to condense our troops.

I do not think NEE would like their Identity taken away from them thats the thing.. Iam pretty sure they like it up there.. But i dunno I just didn't feel ANY energy today in those stands and it was clearly reflective of whats going on, on the pitch. Or perhaps the players aren't feeling energy from us.

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:14 PM

Sacriledge...

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:15 PM
I do not think NEE would like their Identity taken away from them thats the thing.. Iam pretty sure they like it up there.. But i dunno I just didn't feel ANY energy today in those stands and it was clearly reflective of whats going on, on the pitch. Or perhaps the players aren't feeling energy from us.

I thought about that... but let's be honest... consolidating our efforts into one bad-ass section would be worth the sacrifice of one group having alter their name (South End Elite?) SEE... doesn't look quite as good as NEE... but whatever...

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:16 PM

Not interested in this....but why not move the top 10 or 15 loud guys from 112 and 113 into NEE grounds and we move some of the quiet ones back your way?

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I thought about that... but let's be honest... consolidating our efforts into one bad-ass section would be worth the sacrifice of one group having alter their name (South End Elite?) SEE... doesn't look quite as good as NEE... but whatever...

Alright then...my offer stands. Move you guys into 127...after all is for the better of the team and supporting i general, i am sure you wouldn't let your ego get in the way, right?

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:18 PM
LOL!

That was deserved Pedro...

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Not interested in this....but why not move the top 10 or 15 loud guys from 112 and 113 into NEE grounds and we move some of the quiet ones back your way?

I would be happy to... but we have more cheap seats at our end...

Here's and idea...
If they expand BMO and stick a North section on top of the beer garden... them maybe we could move all the good supporters over there?
It would be one clean easy move!
Shit... that would actually work well...

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:19 PM
LOL!

That was deserved Pedro...

LMAO!!!:D

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:21 PM
If they expand BMO and stick a North section on top of the beer garden... them maybe we could move all the good supporters over there?

Expanding the North stands, taking out the Patio should be their priority. Not this stupid idea of building on top of the east stands...at least not yet.

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:22 PM

Here's and idea...

Price seats shouldn't get in a way of supporting the team. Ego i can understand, but seat prices?

Seriously dude....these posts are boderline ridiculous.

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:24 PM
If the club was interested in helping all supporter groups grow and improve they would give us first priority on seats that became available in our sections.

If a North stand was built and we ALL moved then those seats would need to be organized through the groups to ensure 100% supporters were in them.

If the FO is not willing to do this, then we will have an uphill battle on gaining control of our sections and furthermore increase the effectiveness of our support.

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Price seats shouldn't get in a way of supporting the team. Ego i can understand, but seat prices?

Seriously dude....these posts are boderline ridiculous.

what are you talking about???
why ridiculous??
all I'm saying is that I would love to see all the supporters in one are so as to create more strength and unity.
Why is that such a bad idea???
I don't really care where it is...
I think the NEE are fantastic and there was a way to move every vocal supporter into your section then I would be all over it.

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
what are you talking about???
why ridiculous??
all I'm saying is that I would love to see all the supporters in one are so as to create more strength and unity.
Why is that such a bad idea???
I don't really care where it is...
I think the NEE are fantastic and there was a way to move every vocal supporter into your section then I would be all over it.

Read my post above....

U want to see all "vocal" supporters together? Go to Chicago or NE in the upcoming road trips.

This is how it is on the road....why it isn't at home....well...too many tourists in the stands and part time supporters.

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:26 PM
If the club was interested in helping all supporter groups grow and improve they would give us first priority on seats that became available in our sections.

If a North stand was built and we ALL moved then those seats would need to be organized through the groups to ensure 100% supporters were in them.

If the FO is not willing to do this, then we will have an uphill battle on gaining control of our sections and furthermore increase the effectiveness of our support.

wait a minute... now it sounds like you think my idea could work?

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:28 PM
wait a minute... now it sounds like you think my idea could work?

I never said it wouldn't, but we would need the FO to get on our side.

What i didn't like was the idea that NEE would move somewhere just to improve that section's vocal prowess.

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 10:29 PM
This is how it is on the road....why it isn't at home....well...too many tourists in the stands and part time supporters.

Tourists and part-time supporters will always be there. In fact, they are necessary. Putting our efforts or worrying about getting rid of them is like trying to bail out a sinking ship with a spoon. A better idea is to come up with ways to get the hardcore supporters closer together. The less tourists we have in between us, the more potent and effective the group becomes.

THAT'S why things work on away trips. There are no part-timers in between us. But at BMO...everyone is spread around the stadium.

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 10:31 PM

What i didn't like was the idea that NEE would move somewhere just to improve that section's vocal prowess.

1) yes... we would definitely have to organise a supporter groups move with the FO in order to get it done effectively.

2) don't take what I said too literally... I was simply saying that I wanted all of us together... and that was just one example I gave to illustrate my point.

adampz
06-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Look at football clubs around the world, for some of them, the only fans that come to the games are the supporter firms, a couple of examples, wisla krakow, and dinamo zagreb. A couple of reasons families and regular fans dont come anymore is cause the hooliganism gets out of control,casual fans get stuck in the crossfire of the firms, or the games keep getting interrupted because of flares on the field or what not. I know in Poland a big problem is not having the regular supporters out,no families attending games, basically fans who arent in a firm don't come to the games. A good example of a country where the league has a healthy balance of real supporters, and just casual fans, is france, either then PSG, the rest of the clubs in the country have great support by their supporter groups, but also families and casual fans are able to come to the games and sit in seperate sections. Basically, we just need more real supporters at the game, i dont have anything against people sitting and not singing, but go do it outside of the south sections, there are a lot of real supporters sitting in 111-118, and good on ya', but not enough real supporters if we wanna raise the standards for bmo field:) my two cents

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Tourists and part-time supporters will always be there. In fact, they are necessary. Putting our efforts or worrying about getting rid of them is like trying to bail out a sinking ship with a spoon. A better idea is to come up with ways to get the hardcore supporters closer together. The less tourists we have in between us, the more potent and effective the group becomes.

THAT'S why things work on away trips. There are no part-timers in between us. But at BMO...everyone is spread around the stadium.

I don't understand you? In one hand you say they are needed and we shouldn't worry about them and on the other you say the reason we are so good on the road is because they are not there.

So what is it?

You want to have the road atmosphere at home? It will only be possible if the supporter groups control their sections.

Anything else is trying to bail out a sinking ship with a spoon

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I don't understand you? In one hand you say they are needed and we shouldn't worry about them and on the other you say the reason we are so good on the road is because they are not there.

So what is it?

You want to have the road atmosphere at home? It will only be possible if the supporter groups control their sections.

Anything else is trying to bail out a sinking ship with a spoon

Tourists and part-timers are needed to fill the stadium. The team needs their money.

All I am saying is keep them away from the hardcore. Give hardcore supporters a true section of their own instead of the hybrids that we have now where the hardcore, even in their own section, have part-timers and gawkers that aren't there to sing their hearts out.

So in essence I agree with you. But what I am saying is let's not forget that tourists have money too...and money makes the world (and this team) go 'round.

flatpicker
06-21-2008, 11:02 PM
I think Roogsy made his point clearly enough...
he just wants the part-timers away from the supporters.

*edit* you beat me to it Roogsy...

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Tourists and part-timers are needed to fill the stadium. The team needs their money.

All I am saying is keep them away from the hardcore. Give hardcore supporters a true section of their own instead of the hybrids that we have now where the hardcore, even in their own section, have part-timers and gawkers that aren't there to sing their hearts out.

So in essence I agree with you. But what I am saying is let's not forget that tourists have money too...and money makes the world (and this team) go 'round.

I don't disagree....what i meant was getting part timers and tourist out of the supporter sections, not out of BMO.:D

TO DEVILS
06-21-2008, 11:03 PM
I think Roogsy made his point clearly enough...
he just wants the part-timers away from the supporters.

*edit* you beat me to it Roogsy...

That is the same point i was making...i think u 2 missunderstood me.

Cambridge_Red
06-21-2008, 11:04 PM

I think NEE would benefit in a larger supporters area. I had to come join from 126 a few times because of the icey cold atmosphere over there. I really think MLSE needs to designate more family enclosures and let us do our thing in the supporters areas.

flatpicker
Enter the North End Supporters United!!!!!!!! :)

(when they build the north end that is...)

Roogsy
Have you seen the thread about what Seattle is doing with their fans?

I am jealous. They have learned from TFC's mistakes. But then again, TFC learned from previous mistakes.

But still...I think Seattle is going to have good atmosphere...if we can get them to put down the ganja for the games. LOL!

Bars92
06-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Things will surely pick up as the team heads towards the playoffs.

noochie
06-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Have you seen the thread about what Seattle is doing with their fans?

I am jealous. They have learned from TFC's mistakes. But then again, TFC learned from previous mistakes.

But still...I think Seattle is going to have good atmosphere...if we can get them to put down the ganja for the games. LOL!

And lattes... ganja and lattes. Tree huggers.

adampz
06-21-2008, 11:13 PM
more hardcore supporters, nobody taking a break cause the team isnt playing well, and its a hot day out, drink some more beer, cool off, and start singing:)

toonarmy
06-21-2008, 11:44 PM
The chants sounded great on TV, I thought. Though, I guess it wasn't constant. I was jealous to not be there, because it looked like everyone was having a great time.

morgank1986
06-21-2008, 11:47 PM
I sit in the middle of 115, my bro and I usually move up to the top balcony and lead the chants from there. We did that today, but no one was interested. Oh When the Reds, Marco Velez Chant, Forza TO, etc. all fell on deaf ears.

I think for the part time supporters the fun of chanting and singing is disappearing. If found more and more people are showing up NOT to chant but to watch other people chant. (On a side note, I heard a guy ask if the Red Patch Boys were the TFC kids team) We really need leaders and drums in 114-116. Preferably big intimidating drummers who you just HAVE to sing along with.

I know we'll bring it strong for the Canada day game. Like the TFC we always bounce back after a disappointing performance.

Mrs. Workie
06-21-2008, 11:50 PM

Thank god you felt the same way! I thought I was just being a pretentious bitch! They're part of the reason I went down to the bottom of 112 during the second half.

I'm done trying to get the top of 112 going- there are few that are interested, and it's rarely the same people up there each week. That's the other reason I left during the second half- no atmosphere. I think i'll be sneaking down to the bottom of 112 for the remainder of the season. I like my seats, but I'm sick of being one of the only ones chanting. I've tried, no interest, so I'm done- it's quite apparent you can't convert casuals.

jabbronies
06-21-2008, 11:53 PM
upper 110 was also horrible....I think the sun was draining the energy out of people. That and the game was shite until the 85th minute....

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:02 AM
I think the sun was draining the energy out of people.

That's not an excuse- you suck it up and deal with it. We live in Canada- it's hot in the summer- stop using it as an excuse :)

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:04 AM
the game itself was nothing special, meidocre pish from both clubs, my voice is sore too, but the people to the left of me new again 114 row 1 , seats6,7 all seem interested in taking photos, not in the match itself...and the seats at the right, 1,2,3,4, was new as well village idiots...end of...get rid of the coperate seats in the supporters section would be a good start, as i know 6 & 7 belong to BMO releated
enterprise.

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:08 AM
^^ Mrs. Workie
That is true.

But you get more part-time supporters, enjoying the sun and spend the game talking to their buddies.

IMO- they shouldn't be in the south end. Quite simple really.

Bars92
06-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Its still hard to get tickets in the supporters section for less than $70. These part-time supporters sure seem to be spending a ton of money on a game they are not really into. Today was the quietest I've ever seen it for sure. I hope that the novelty does wear off on moderate supporters so I can actually get tickets in the supporters end.

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Unfortunately that won't happen. The only way we're going to fix the problem is if we get control over our section (ie- only RPB's have access to tickets in 112). And that'll never happen either. One can dream though...

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:29 AM
It fucking pisses me off that I have to sneak in every single week, knowing that 50% of 112 would probably be right at home in my actual seats in 225. Get the fuck out of the section if you're not going to chant for 90+ minutes. You are not in this section to simply "watch and enjoy football". You are there to support Toronto FC, by jumping, drumming, clapping, singing and chanting. If you are not ready to do all of these things, then you do not deserve to be in the section.

Why don't we as a group take action, and bring this to Toronto FC. We, the supporters, are the reason why Toronto FC has been such a success, especially groups like RPB, Usector and NEE. If we are going to continue to have to deal with part-time supporters in the south end, then I will be very annoyed. It should be a section for those who truly understand what it means to be a supporter, not a "fan".

Bars92
06-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Unfortunately that won't happen. The only way we're going to fix the problem is if we get control over our section (ie- only RPB's have access to tickets in 112). And that'll never happen either. One can dream though...

Well at least the club will never be in financial trouble ..:rolleyes:

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:32 AM
It fucking pisses me off that I have to sneak in every single week, knowing that 50% of 112 would probably be right at home in my actual seats in 225. Get the fuck out of the section if you're not going to chant for 90+ minutes. You are not in this section to simply "watch and enjoy football". You are there to support Toronto FC, by jumping, drumming, clapping, singing and chanting. If you are not ready to do all of these things, then you do not deserve to be in the section.

Why don't we as a group take action, and bring this to Toronto FC. We, the supporters, are the reason why Toronto FC has been such a success, especially groups like RPB, Usector and NEE. If we are going to continue to have to deal with part-time supporters in the south end, then I will be very annoyed. It should be a section for those who truly understand what it means to be a supporter, not a "fan".

Have I told you lately that I Luv you??? :D

I've been feeling the same way for quite some time.

Jack
06-22-2008, 12:33 AM

This issue is an ongoing part of our discussions with TFC and we work on it. Last year we were able to get more supporters into 112 and we will try to do the same during renewals this year.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:33 AM
^^
Unfortunately that isn't going to happen.
Why not?
They do it all over the world. The club just need to take their head out of their ass, and give us control over the section. I don't see why it's such a far-fetched thought to some people. Move people around once the stadium expands or something, I don't know. There must be ways that it can be done.

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:35 AM
This issue is an ongoing part of our discussions with TFC and we work on it. Last year we were able to get more supporters into 112 and we will try to do the same during renewals this year.

And that's great. Guess it's all about baby steps...

But honestly, some of us are losing our patience.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:36 AM

Cool, sounds good Jack!

I knew you would be addressing this issue. I think you would see the section vastly improve if we were to gain more control over it.

Just make sure I'm in 112 permanently;)

Jack
06-22-2008, 12:37 AM
But why can't it happen now... haha

Because people have paid money for those seats.

I can't just walk into Paul's office and say: "Kick everyone out of 112 and give me all the tickets for RPBs. The part-time supporters are douche-bags"

I'd love to, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. It's a battle of attrition and it's something we will work on continuously until we can get all the RPB's possible into the south and specifically into 112.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Have I told you lately that I Luv you??? :D

I've been feeling the same way for quite some time.

Yes, many times!:p

But honestly, it's good to see other people agree with my little rant there. Sorry for the somewhat rude language lol

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Because people have paid money for those seats.

I can't just walk into Paul's office and say: "Kick everyone out of 112 and give me all the tickets for RPBs. The part-time supporters are douche-bags"

And I get that, honestly, I do. I wouldn't want to be the supporter who's told to leave. But I'm sure you can understand my (possible "our") frustration.

It's the scalper seats that piss me off the most.

Jack
06-22-2008, 12:39 AM
^^
I was only kidding. haha

Baby steps...
I know it was a rhetorical question, but it was a good one nonetheless.

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Yes, many times!:p

But honestly, it's good to see other people agree with my little rant there. Sorry for the somewhat rude language lol

Trust me, you're not alone :D

BTW- awesome job with the chants today!

Jack
06-22-2008, 12:40 AM
And I get that, honestly, I do. I wouldn't want to be the supporter who's told to leave. But I'm sure you can understand my (possible "our") frustration.

It's the scalper seats that piss me off the most.
Totally.

If I could, I would be fascist about it....

If I were king...

If I had a million dollars....

If I had a bigger ... oh wait..wrong thread.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Trust me, you're not alone :D

BTW- awesome job with the chants today!
Thanks!
You were chanting your ass off down there too. Good on ya. I know I've been to a game when my voice is completely gone for about a day, it happens every weekend! You're probably going through the exact same stuff lol

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Totally.

If I could, I would be fascist about it....

If I were king...

If I had a million dollars....

If I had a bigger ... oh wait..wrong thread.

Size won't help you hun ;)

And if I had a million dollars, I'd buy out rows 10-20 in 112 and fill it with SUPPORTERS.

Like I said, one can dream

flatpicker
06-22-2008, 12:46 AM
And if I had a million dollars, I'd buy out rows 10-20 in 112 and fill it with SUPPORTERS.

If I had a million dollars I would bribe MLSE to give us first dibs on the new north end section so we can leave all the silent folk behind.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:46 AM
^^ Hey now!

That dude was Russian?

I'm surprised you could understand him! haha

Oh man, trust me, I had a wonderful conversation with him. He was telling me about how he served in the army, it was a really scary story. Then he told me about going to Chechnya on missions or something. He kept on grabbing my arm and yelling SAINT PETERSBURG!!!!

followed by...

MOTHER RUSSIA!

What a crazy Russian!

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks!
You were chanting your ass off down there too. Good on ya. I know I've been to a game when my voice is completely gone for about a day, it happens every weekend! You're probably going through the exact same stuff lol

Thanks :D Actually, I've never lost my voice- I used to be a lifeguard, so I got pretty good at being loud :D

It's just like singing- project from your diaphragm (stomach), not your throat :)

I just wish I could get it going more up at the top.

Ratven
06-22-2008, 12:48 AM
I haven't really read through the thread, and Im sure most of this has been addressed, but I'll get my 2 cents in anyway.

I'm going to go ahead and blame the majority of it on the sun, and the timing. I am not rowdy at 3pm, and I don't know many people who are. Afternoon weekend games are a HORRIBLE start time, make it at 7 when the sun isn't beating down on you (or GIVE US A ROOF), and we chant. Any crazy afternoon game is going to have less atmosphere than any evening game. The sun drains energy like a mother****.

Also, just lack of capos and drum support contributed today, Jack was in 111 with his daughter, and he's a big link between 113 and 112 when he's in 112 leading on. Zak from U-Sec wasn't there with his megaphone. The big drum wasn't there that I saw/heard. Perfect storm of miscoordination.

But mostly its the sun, it just takes the initiative out of you to try to start/sustain a chant, especially when other people aren't joining.

Bars92
06-22-2008, 12:49 AM
I sat in 219 today and was singing pretty loud, unfortunately I was about the only one. People looked at me like I had two heads..

Keyman
06-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks :D Actually, I've never lost my voice- I used to be a lifeguard, so I got pretty good at being loud :D

It's just like singing- project from your diaphragm (stomach), not your throat :)

I just wish I could get it going more up at the top.

Hmm, I'll try that next time. It kills my chance on Saturday's when girls come up and I sound like a dying animal or something. It would be very beneficial to me if I could actually talk on weekends lol

And I'll come up there next game if you're trying and start to yell at people. One of the best games was when Jack was at the bottom, flush was in the middle, and I was at the railing. Each of us acted as a link, and people caught onto more of the chants. I think we should try this setup again, actually, now that I think about it.

Mrs. Workie
06-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Hmm, I'll try that next time. It kills my chance on Saturday's when girls come up and I sound like a dying animal or something. It would be very beneficial to me if I could actually talk on weekends lol

Ya, I hate when that happens...er...what? :D Another thing you'll find is you're a lot louder, with less effort.

And I'll come up there next game if you're trying and start to yell at people. One of the best games was when Jack was at the bottom, flush was in the middle, and I was at the railing. Each of us acted as a link, and people caught onto more of the chants. I think we should try this setup again, actually, now that I think about it.

That did work quite well. One of the biggest things in the first half is that no one was tuning around to pass chants back- so I had no clue what was going on.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 01:06 AM
Ya, I hate when that happens...er...what? :D Another thing you'll find is you're a lot louder, with less effort.

That did work quite well. One of the biggest things in the first half is that no one was tuning around to pass chants back- so I had no clue what was going on.

Trust me! It kills my chances! lol
And louder = better, so I'm definitely giving it a go.

And done, I'll be there for the Canada Cup game, since I actually have tickets in 112. Someone just has to talk to security and allow me to stand there, because last time I was told to move until FluSH came and talked to him. We'll be a team, a team with a goal of uniting Upper-112!:taz:

David
06-22-2008, 01:11 AM

Here's and idea...

I'm with you on the idea of having a unified north end by all means but the ticket prices? come on...

I pay $862 for a single season seat in 224 only to move down to section 127 every game which is priced for i believe around $500...if i can do that, you can surely spend the little extra, IF by some miracle it would come down to that lol.

egoodwin
06-22-2008, 01:29 AM
what's unacceptable was the bitch and her police escort who completely killed the atmosphere numerous times today

David
06-22-2008, 01:38 AM
what's unacceptable was the bitch and her police escort who completely killed the atmosphere numerous times today

Agreed. Having to continue to turn around every couple minutes to make sure the nazi's weren't coming back to give me the boot for the second time in one game really threw me off today...

egoodwin
06-22-2008, 01:42 AM
really that rather killed it for me today... it's hard to keep concentrated on the game and go full voice when you have some bitch backed by cops few seats down from you...

Also, I think we were quiet in 127 today because of the effect of the Russia game...

J .
06-22-2008, 04:29 AM
To answer someones question about the cops at the top, there was some dude apparently walking around with his wang hanging out of his bike shorts.

Now back at the ranch...

I always try to find someone who is singing in 112 and time my chanting with them and then pass it on to 114 or to 113.

We probably only got a tie cause our chanting was so bad. We didn't motivate our guys properly.

The FO has to do something about the seating arrangements, what about giving the south end a General Admission ticket, instead of giving people regular seats?

King Tut
06-22-2008, 05:01 AM

Yep. Exactly that. NEE are very happy to be alone in the Northend of the stadium and we will never leave our roots.

Bloor West FC
06-22-2008, 07:09 AM
Well the heat took a toll on me, and yes we did miss big thunder!! If its quite just hitting that big drun will wake everybody up!!

canadian_bhoy
06-22-2008, 08:55 AM
People have short memories.
Last weekends match, the chanting was awesome. I'm sure you'll find a thread saying it was the best ever.
Now we've "lost our way" there's no hope for these part time supporters and its all doom and gloom!

Come on now folks, we had a really crap game. The chanting sucked blue whale balls (those a big....I saw it on National Geographic) But we just gotta get focussed on making the next game great again.

There are a couple of issues and we should work on that, but its not the end of the world, lets not treat it like it is.

1. We need new chants for people to get into
2. We need a couple new simple chants, When we get into long la la songs, 111 hits the off button (no, I'm not anti la la, we just need a good mix)
3. Chelsea Dagger is good to get people going, why we started a "tfc" chant during yesterday boggles my mind.

And they gotta play this before the kick-off to get everyone hyped up!

Brrrrrrrrrp Brrrr Brrrrr Buuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnn

BMLmRNt12xI

FluSH
06-22-2008, 09:01 AM
People have short memories.
Last weekends match, the chanting was awesome. I'm sure you'll find a thread saying it was the best ever.
Now we've "lost our way" there's no hope for these part time supporters and its all doom and gloom!

Come on now folks, we had a really crap game. The chanting sucked blue whale balls (those a big....I saw it on National Geographic) But we just gotta get focussed on making the next game great again.

There are a couple of issues and we should work on that, but its not the end of the world, lets not treat it like it is.

1. We need new chants for people to get into
2. We need a couple new simple chants, When we get into long la la songs, 111 hits the off button (no, I'm not anti la la, we just need a good mix)
3. Chelsea Dagger is good to get people going, why we started a "tfc" chant during yesterday boggles my mind.

I'm on this... The RPB Cartel will be back!

Check The 3:18 mark...

(Laaaa la la - la la la la laaa laaa la)

6tKPhiV0cCQ

London
06-22-2008, 09:11 AM
as if i had to yell over a group of guys that were singing "when the saints go marching in" whenever we sang the reds go marching in.
these guys were trying to agitate us big time!!
the sad thing is we were sitting in 112!!!

egoodwin
06-22-2008, 09:26 AM
1. that's just as bad as people who are having their own discussion or people who are new to support like this laughing in a spiteful tone
2. why were you sitting in 112?

London
06-22-2008, 09:29 AM
1. that's just as bad as people who are having their own discussion or people who are new to support like this laughing in a spiteful tone
2. why were you sitting in 112?

I will rephrase that!!

i was standing in 112!!!
i was with mrs.workie, so as you can see from her posts above, we had an interesting day!!!

TFC_Toon
06-22-2008, 09:34 AM
A couple of things jump out to me reading this thread.

I am amazed when I read 112 is not all RPB, how can this be? If we cannot fill the bunker with RPB there is the first issue.

I think Mike and others make a good point that the week before the support was bang on and sounded great. We are only in our 2nd year and it takes time and organization to achieve a United support.

I have not read the speculation of North End expansion, but it would be logical to me to coordinate with the club in advance to have first crack at this area in order to populate it with all of our support. A United section and improved sightlines, I would move in a flash.

London
06-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I call front row of section 101 when it goes in!!!!!

TFC_Toon
06-22-2008, 09:43 AM
Right on Pat, I will go next to you, arm on arm we march!

KdotOdot
06-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Meh.

I agree with most of whats being said. However, I have to say that all these so called "mediocre" preformances coincide with Saturday afternoon games. I have never been to a WEEKNIGHT game with poor atmosphere.

I think the part timers hate Wednesdays!

canadian_bhoy
06-22-2008, 10:01 AM
With each passing game, the 7pm Saturday kick-off just keeps looking better and better and better.

justin
06-22-2008, 10:23 AM
middle of 112 was an absolute deadzone yesterday. too hot, no drums, no coordination. i was closer to the top, and most of the time, by the time i figured out what the bottom of 112 was doing over the 10ish rows of people doing nothing, it was too late and the chants were stopping.

Phil
06-22-2008, 11:06 AM
What ever happened to the 'march'?

Can we get it co-ordinated that people leave shoeless, come to the tailgate, get the drum and march loud as fuck into the match and get everyone excited again?

The big deterant that I see lately is the long ass lineups outside gate 3, but that can be made into a rally point.

t.o_moose
06-22-2008, 12:09 PM
112 was a fucking library yesterday.

...I should take my drum to the north end.. at least they would appreciate it

Flipityflu
06-22-2008, 12:11 PM
i need a new job. coming to a game after a 12 hour night shift, standing next to two yummy girls and barely saying a word to them, then singing with half a voice is just not on.

not to mention getting a 2 hour nap, then working another 12 hour night shift. really, i gotta find a decent job.

going back to topic, i missed hearing the drum, and i'm in 114.

i also missed a team that could pass the ball around.

as well, i fucking hate having anything but a win against a blue team. come on guys, it was a fucking blue team!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:17 PM
With each passing game, the 7pm Saturday kick-off just keeps looking better and better and better.

although i kep fighting more night games, a couple of games at 7pm on a staurday night would be ok now that the BS on the go trains have stopped. but the afternoon games leave to to have the rest of the day to do other things,

Roogsy
06-22-2008, 12:17 PM
The red team is always supposed to win. ALWAYS!

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:19 PM
The red team is always supposed to win. ALWAYS!

Russia:) did!!

Roogsy
06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
I hope this holds for the game today with Italy and Spain. Wear the red kits...THE RED KITS!

Flipityflu
06-22-2008, 12:23 PM
it felt like we dropped points to Everton.

t.o_moose
06-22-2008, 12:28 PM

at least Everton finished 5th in the EPL.. yesterday would be more like dropping points to Reading or Fulham

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
I hope this holds for the game today with Italy and Spain. Wear the red kits...THE RED KITS!

come on spain win this and i will love even the Leafs...well maybe not viva spain!!!:taz:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 12:34 PM

but if we take 3 points out of Boston nextweek then everything will be all right...The revs lost in Salt lake yesterday....f**king bonus!!!

Flipityflu
06-22-2008, 12:44 PM
at least Everton finished 5th in the EPL.. yesterday would be more like dropping points to Reading or Fulham

it had nothing to do with position in the league. it has to do with the blue team you drop points to that makes you feel like you have just had sex with an old dirty hooker without a condom.

everton

GBV
06-22-2008, 01:08 PM
i must have been realllllly drunk, for i don't recall either goal:

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080621&content_id=167484&vkey=pr_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

t.o_moose
06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
it had nothing to do with position in the league. it has to do with the blue team you drop points to that makes you feel like you have just had sex with an old dirty hooker without a condom.

everton

hahaha.. well said.

we got lucky that Columbus only got a point this weekend, as well as New England and Chicago losing.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 04:48 PM
we got yallop and the earthquakes at home next..league wise should be 3 easy points!!

J .
06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Hopefully this will not turn to a family day outing or a circus where people go to watch supporters.

From the FC and Jack Astors bullshit to the poor crowd performance to the tie, the day felt like a loss to me.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Hopefully this will not turn to a family day outing or a circus where people go to watch supporters.

From the FC and Jack Astors bullshit to the poor crowd performance to the tie, the day felt like a loss to me.

RPB officals should try and work with TFC and get real supporters in the suppoers section where the corperate people are...Sorry BMO you are important with sponsorship of the team and that but the two seats to the left of me are taking up by dead wood, sell them to anyopne in the RPB, U-sector ,.....please!!

e-karam
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I had just come back from montreal and only got 3 hours of sleep in 2 days.
Also my row had 4 kids that I had never seen before, and they didn't even clap.

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 05:04 PM

someone couldn't get a babysitter.....what happened to the guys with the megaphones they seemed to get everyone chanting on cue...sign them to a long term deal.

J .
06-22-2008, 05:11 PM

Pretend the kids aren't there. The place should be 14+ years anyway. If someones parents are bringing them to that section they should know better.
We need a chant to let people know the South End is a SAS (Sing and Stand) section!

RedRum
06-22-2008, 05:12 PM

J. and I were in the same boat (MTL). Somehow though we both had no trouble chanting the entire game. Hell, even J's little bro went to both games and he was alot more lively than many of the regulars on Saturday. Pretty sad when you consider the fact he is only like 12 or somethin...

scooter
06-22-2008, 05:15 PM

ok thats it time the leaders did something with this we are rpb and need to be together so we can sing for our reds
last game in 224 i was surrounded by soccer moms
when we did west side stand up i had to scream at them "this is the west side get up" they eventually got it but we were singing on our own and its really hard to get in sinc with the south end
hopefully we can talk to tfc and i will be in the south end next year with my rpb breathern -- ie only rpb in 112

Laurignano
06-22-2008, 05:26 PM
The problem is that people look at this as a big party. You want to improve the atmopshere? Get rid of food, get rid of drinks, make peoples hands have to be used for clapping and chanting instead of drinking and eating.

Also, make a family section, and really enforce it. Supporter clubs have to get a hold of the tickets as well so that way only true supporters can get tickets. Call out people who dont chant and cheer and make them feel stupid for being there. Some people dont even sing the national anthem!

I honestly think people just come for the fact of coming now, Im in 106 and I dont see the same people all the time..its actually quite sad. No one knows the chants, no one cares about singing (They actually care about doing the wave though).

Like I have stated this many many many times before in the old forum. I am extremely disapointed in us. I remember when we started we were coming out with new chants and it was catching on, now when someone suggests it people either dont like it, dont want to try it, or aren't interested.

First priority is supporting the team, not getting drunk.

Rocco
06-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm on this... The RPB Cartel will be back!

Check The 3:18 mark...

(Laaaa la la - la la la la laaa laaa la)

6tKPhiV0cCQ

I WANT THIS CHANT!!!!!!!!

footyfan
06-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Today, the performance off the pitch, was unacceptable. I thought that 112, and basically the entire south end, was very very quiet and barely united. I looked over and saw entire chunks of 112, 113, and 114 (I was there for the first half) standing and ignoring anyone who was attempting to get a chant going. There were obviously points where people it picked up, and everyone got into it, but by our standards we should be very disappointed with the atmosphere we created today.
:D

On the wane already? Wow. And here I thought the atmosphere was just going to get better and better for the next 12 years as some of us had been assured.

TFC suffers from trendy plastic fan syndrome and in that respect is not unlike the Galaxy or Metrostars in their 3rd years....

MG42
06-22-2008, 05:58 PM
On the wane already? Wow. And here I thought the atmosphere was just going to get better and better for the next 12 years as some of us had been assured.

TFC suffers from trendy plastic fan syndrome and in that respect is not unlike the Galaxy or Metrostars in their 3rd years....

Don't think your that good, we still sang more than 3 songs for the whole game unlike you guys...DC fans really do blow.

cmonyoureds
06-22-2008, 06:05 PM
yeah, no offense guys but it was pathetic yesterday. Halfway through the game yesterday i turned to the wife and said glad that's a west ticket. i thought maybe it was just the cbc coverage!! guess not.

RealG-TFC
06-22-2008, 06:12 PM

that's it ban him.

this is clearly to stir up shit and he knows it.

tfc_4_ever
06-22-2008, 06:13 PM

Wanker:troll:

footyfan
06-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Don't think your that good, we still sang more than 3 songs for the whole game unlike you guys...DC fans really do blow.

Open up your ears and listen next time you're at a United game.

These are the songs that were sung when your boys were in town:

Oh United
Paokara
Vamos United
Wings of an Eagle
Soehn's Army
Dale Dale
Ole
Dale-o

I counted you guys singing the same 3 songs:

Seven Nation Army
The Dichio Song
TFC

And at least one newspaper and radio journalist up there agrees.

DC United fans have set the standard for 13 years and from the looks of things at your last game will continue to.

Notice who is featured in this ad when it says "In the songs of our fans."

j4Zvr_71SeU

cmonyoureds
06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
hey i'll make sure to listen next time i pick up a ticket at game time from the out front box office at 5 minutes to kick off and pick where i want to sit.

have a great day.

MG42
06-22-2008, 06:22 PM

Oh United
Paokara
Vamos United
Wings of an Eagle
Soehn's Army
Dale Dale
Ole
Dale-o

Seven Nation Army
The Dichio Song
TFC

DC United fans have set the standard for 13 years and from the looks of things at your last game will continue to.

j4Zvr_71SeU

way to take the bait. DC Loser :)

AL-MO
06-22-2008, 06:24 PM
The bottom of 112 was comatose today. Aside from Myron drumming and a very few select others, it was freakin' zombie-land.

We simply need to be better.

QFT

The southend's strong suit is always the bottom of 112. I was there for the first half and I couldn't believe how dead it was there. I left after the first half and went to 224.(first time up there for a TFC game) Although it was quiet (as expected) I had a great view of the pitch and the South end. From a distance it seemed like the 2nd half was much better in 112 than the first.

All in all a disappoint lacklustre day at BMO (on the pitch and in the stands)

tfc88
06-22-2008, 06:34 PM

To me, it almost looked like people were bored of chanting. I've been in the south end for basically every game this season, and I've never seen us so quiet. The play on the pitch probably had something to do with it, I mean, a 0-0 game doesn't exactly pump people up. But these are the type of games where we need to be getting behind TFC as much as possible, because we do make a difference. I hope that next time, against Montreal, we make up for today.

Also, did anyone see the drunk Russian? That guy was fucking awesome!:D

Saturday was by far THE WORST PERFORMANCE THE SUPPORTERS HAVE EVER GIVEN!!!!!

I remember a few weeks back I decided I was going to be more aggressive in getting those asshole part-time supporters and tourists into the game, and it seemed to work for a game or 2.

I even have to sweet talk security just to let me stand in the aisle to get a good vantage point for chanting. But yesterday it seemed like I was going to alienate myself and pissoff too many ppl if I were to act like an asshole. Truly frustrating. I wanted to start whipping streamers at most of 113.

The energy from all the supporters sections was clearly low, with the exception of the bottom of 112, as always. Just a few weeks ago mini-capos were looking around the southend to join chants in unison, but not today. I don't give a rats ass shit fuck if it was hot or not, this is no excuse whatsoever.

I think it's come to the point where we need to have someone with a megaphone prep the south end before the game.. give'em a speech on the megaphone, pump'em up, let'em know what we expect, even go through some chants.

The last thing I want to be doing is going up to individuals and calling them out, asking them to leave the stadium...

but in all honesty, I was very close on Saturday. It's a fucking shame....

blackandwhite
06-22-2008, 06:35 PM

Oh United
Paokara
Vamos United
Wings of an Eagle
Soehn's Army
Dale Dale
Ole
Dale-o

Seven Nation Army
The Dichio Song
TFC

j4Zvr_71SeU

fuck off asshole... were you in our section??? no you weren't.. I was the capo in DC... I lead more than 3 songs... fuck off go you our own board to spread shit....

talk is cheap fucker...get your ass over to this side of the border and actually sing your 100 songs over here if you are man enough.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 06:47 PM
I WANT THIS CHANT!!!!!!!!

Go to the songs, chants and banners section. I've been trying to get this going for a while now. I think it's an awesome chant to try.

Keyman
06-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Saturday was by far THE WORST PERFORMANCE THE SUPPORTERS HAVE EVER GIVEN!!!!!

I remember a few weeks back I decided I was going to be more aggressive in getting those asshole part-time supporters and tourists into the game, and it seemed to work for a game or 2.

I even have to sweet talk security just to let me stand in the aisle to get a good vantage point for chanting. But yesterday it seemed like I was going to alienate myself and pissoff too many ppl if I were to act like an asshole. Truly frustrating. I wanted to start whipping streamers at most of 113.

The energy from all the supporters sections was clearly low, with the exception of the bottom of 112, as always. Just a few weeks ago mini-capos were looking around the southend to join chants in unison, but not today. I don't give a rats ass shit fuck if it was hot or not, this is no excuse whatsoever.

I think it's come to the point where we need to have someone with a megaphone prep the south end before the game.. give'em a speech on the megaphone, pump'em up, let'em know what we expect, even go through some chants.

The last thing I want to be doing is going up to individuals and calling them out, asking them to leave the stadium...

but in all honesty, I was very close on Saturday. It's a fucking shame....

I've started to yell at people, not directly at them, but to just people in general. I tell them to start jumping, chanting, etc. They seem to respond. But I think a megaphone might need to enter our section, Jack does a good job passing back chants, and I know Flush doesn't want to use a megaphone, but there would be a central focus, just like there is with Zac in 113. Either that, or we need to work out the system of passing back chants quickly, or simply having a focal point for the entire section.

13CP
06-22-2008, 06:58 PM
You know the performance wasn't stellar when all you could hear on tv was "west side stand up".

RealG-TFC
06-22-2008, 07:02 PM
You know the performance wasn't stellar when all you could hear on tv was "west side stand up".

I fookin hate the "chant". It's sooo useless. Such a waste of time for both who is signing it and those who stand up. Why waste vocal chords on garbage that has NOTHING to do with the game!?!?!?!

13CP
06-22-2008, 07:04 PM
^^ It's funny, I sit on the west side, and not even that "chant" helps our side. Its pathetic. I try to get chants started, but these folks are just there for the thrill of it. Wish I got tickets in the supporters section.

giambac
06-22-2008, 08:55 PM

Carver thought it was okay:noidea::noidea:

mighty_torontofc_2008
06-22-2008, 09:13 PM

our stadium sells out...you play in a 3/4 empty stadium....the other 1/4
no life there either.

BC101
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM

Sneaking in? next time iam reporting you.... LOL... Actually there was one Tourist in the section in particular who shouldn't have been there.

jabbronies
06-22-2008, 09:59 PM
way to take the bait. DC Loser :)

hahahaha footyfan is such a fuckin looser! You know those people who like to name drop and feel important...that's what this guy is...he drops chant names like it's going out of style...hahahah hey footyfan, I can do that too -

Dichio 24
ole ole
7 nation army
Oh Toronto
We love you.
TFC Massive
Hey Jimmy Brennan
Marvelle Wynne
Edu
This is out house
It's all your fault
Who are ya?
Dig a hole and burry him
Marco / Velez

Hooligan69
06-22-2008, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QH0iNQ2Xvo

Stop fussing and fighting....

Kevvv
06-22-2008, 10:54 PM
I fookin hate the "chant". It's sooo useless. Such a waste of time for both who is signing it and those who stand up. Why waste vocal chords on garbage that has NOTHING to do with the game!?!?!?!

QFT

The west side is never going to stand for 90 minutes, so what's the point, to stand for 90 seconds? What next, the wave? Sing a chant for the team FFS, preferably the same one as the east side of the south end.

Incidentally, this was the second week that the Dichio chant could barely be heard. I could be mistaken, but it sounds like part of the south (117/8?) is singing something over top the Dichio chant.

ilikemusic
06-22-2008, 11:35 PM

Its alot easier to solidify your supporters section when you have 20 or so thousand empty seats to work around.

Fuck off back to your baseball stadium, you obviously have no idea what its like to try and work shit out when the stadium is at capacity. A problem youre not likely to ever have in DC anyway.

Ratven
06-22-2008, 11:47 PM
hahahaha footyfan is such a fuckin looser! You know those people who like to name drop and feel important...that's what this guy is...he drops chant names like it's going out of style...hahahah hey footyfan, I can do that too -

Dichio 24
ole ole
7 nation army
Oh Toronto
We love you.
TFC Massive
Hey Jimmy Brennan
Marvelle Wynne
Edu
This is out house
It's all your fault
Who are ya?
Dig a hole and burry him
Marco / Velez

Lol, all chants that are done at least twice a game, and you missed some big ones: Hey Toronto!, T-OOOOOO, Reds go Marching, OleOleOleO (usec chant), etc

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 08:47 AM
112 was a fucking library yesterday.

...I should take my drum to the north end.. at least they would appreciate it

Dude, I know. Come stand up in Row 6. I need a drummer since nobody else fucking sings anymore.

The problem is that people look at this as a big party. You want to improve the atmopshere? Get rid of food, get rid of drinks, make peoples hands have to be used for clapping and chanting instead of drinking and eating.

Also, make a family section, and really enforce it. Supporter clubs have to get a hold of the tickets as well so that way only true supporters can get tickets. Call out people who dont chant and cheer and make them feel stupid for being there. Some people dont even sing the national anthem!

I honestly think people just come for the fact of coming now, Im in 106 and I dont see the same people all the time..its actually quite sad. No one knows the chants, no one cares about singing (They actually care about doing the wave though).

Like I have stated this many many many times before in the old forum. I am extremely disapointed in us. I remember when we started we were coming out with new chants and it was catching on, now when someone suggests it people either dont like it, dont want to try it, or aren't interested.

First priority is supporting the team, not getting drunk.

Honestly, I had this huge long post I was going to write and then I read this and you sum it up perfectly.

I've been calling people out, they don't care. I yell at people, they don't care. I sing on my own, they don't care.

You know what FUCK YOU ALL. I can fill each one of your seats with a fucking person who WILL. People who can enjoy the game, who can jump, who can sing, who can bring passion without spending $100 in beer and food while wasting half an hour of the game trying to eat and drink that shit instead of being a supporter. You can't just show up in 112 and say you're a supporter. Fucking do something. Jump, sing, chant, yell, scream. Anything is better then standing there like a fucking ponce who's better than everyone else. There's a couple big sections on the East and West stands that would be fantastic for those people. Then bring the passionate one's who are stuck out in no man's land doing the same thing I am and make a REAL supporters section.

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 08:53 AM
hahahaha i love how these threads have been coming up after every single game
since last summer and they are followed by a optimistic pre game threads...

nothing changes...

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I've started to yell at people, not directly at them, but to just people in general. I tell them to start jumping, chanting, etc. They seem to respond. But I think a megaphone might need to enter our section, Jack does a good job passing back chants, and I know Flush doesn't want to use a megaphone, but there would be a central focus, just like there is with Zac in 113. Either that, or we need to work out the system of passing back chants quickly, or simply having a focal point for the entire section.

Ahhh that's you!?! I never put a name to the face. :rofl: Dude, I'm tired of this. You, me and Roberto all game long. Oh and Flushie of course. Fuck the rest man, nobody joins in anyway.

Btw, I like that Allez Allez is finally starting to take off and that we held Forza TO for a good 5 mins from about 80-85. Solid work from about 5-10 voices.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 08:54 AM
hahahaha i love how these threads have been coming up after every single game
since last summer and they are followed by a optimistic pre game threads...

nothing changes...

Because people don't listen man. We said it last year, and we were told we were elitest and shit. What now.

MG42
06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
^Shaughno every time I looked over from my seat you were singing but the majority of people were just pilons...Moose looked like he wanted to crawl inot a hole...112 is the engine room of our chanting...its wasn't only 112 that was off, 111 below row 6 was just as bad...just people yelling at the beer guy...On the bright side I think that the next home game will be better :)

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Nothing man let them enjoy the atmosphere they created... spontaneous ...NOTHING!

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
It's too bad the next one's not a weeknight game. Ever notice that week-night game's are when we are at our best? Why?

I'll give you two reasons, though only one is needed.

1) The heat. It definitely hurts the team because everyone gets exhausted.

2) Drinking. People don't drink all day long, and therefore have only had a few bevvies before the game. They're in prime shape to be singing and chanting instead of hammered out of their minds. This is also the main driving force between point #1. I have no problem chanting and singing for nearly 90 mins regardless of how hot and sunny it is. You know why? I don't get hammered for games. I'm usually fairly sober aside from a beer or two and a couple joints. The sun doesn't affect you as much when you're semi-sober compared to when you're drunk.

Anyway, this thread is pointless because as usual nobody will listen and we'll have another morgue for possibly one of the most important TFC games in history due to the fact that it's a 3:30 game on a day that 99% of people will have off. That means people will be extra hammered because it's Canada Day and shit will go down the tube like this week. Hold on folks, it's gonna be a rough ride.

adamdz
06-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Ahhh that's you!?! I never put a name to the face. :rofl: Dude, I'm tired of this. You, me and Roberto all game long. Oh and Flushie of course. Fuck the rest man, nobody joins in anyway.

Btw, I like that Allez Allez is finally starting to take off and that we held Forza TO for a good 5 mins from about 80-85. Solid work from about 5-10 voices.

Dang Shaughno, you sound so bitter and angry after every game lol (maybe righfully so). Ya 112 seemed pretty quiet, but there were more then 3 people chanting :p. What we should probably do is get all the rowdies together in the middle, maybe that way the chants can be sustained. Forza TO was sustained for quite a while at the end of each half (although still not sang properly :/).

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Was there any conclusion reached as to why we were collectively constipated with the chanting on Saturday?! Just curious if all this chit-chat has unveiled a massive Friday night party followed by a Saturday group hangover? Did everyone go to Montreal or something for the St. V/ Gren game?

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
It's too bad the next one's not a weeknight game. Ever notice that week-night game's are when we are at our best? Why?

2) Drinking. People don't drink all day long, and therefore have only had a few bevvies before the game. They're in prime shape to be singing and chanting instead of hammered out of their minds. This is also the main driving force between point #1. I have no problem chanting and singing for nearly 90 mins regardless of how hot and sunny it is. You know why? I don't get hammered for games. I'm usually fairly sober aside from a beer or two and a couple joints. The sun doesn't affect you as much when you're semi-sober compared to when you're drunk.

Anyway, this thread is pointless because as usual nobody will listen and we'll have another morgue for possibly one of the most important TFC games in history due to the fact that it's a 3:30 game on a day that 99% of people will have off. That means people will be extra hammered because it's Canada Day and shit will go down the tube like this week. Hold on folks, it's gonna be a rough ride.

Couldn’t disagree more. I’ve attended games completely sober and half-smashed and it doesn’t influence my chanting whatsoever. The heat is an equally lame excuse.

New faces = nobody knows the chants. Section 111 was filled with newbies.

Oldtimer
06-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Our atmosphere is still better than DC, footyfan.

It's just that unlike DC fans, we don't rest on our laurels as the "best fans" in MLS.
Just like Carver tries with TFC, we're always trying harder. That's why you see threads like this one.
No way we'll end up like LA with kiddies and soccer moms as the main audience.

Personally, I noticed a lot of new faces last game. I suspect the real reason for the lower volume was that a lot of fans sold their tickets to watch the Euros. Many didn't know the chants, and there was a couple behind me where the man was explaining to his g/f the rules of soccer. He said that he got his tickets from a friend who was watching the Euro match.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Dude, I know. Come stand up in Row 6. I need a drummer since nobody else fucking sings anymore.

Honestly, I had this huge long post I was going to write and then I read this and you sum it up perfectly.

I've been calling people out, they don't care. I yell at people, they don't care. I sing on my own, they don't care.

You know what FUCK YOU ALL. I can fill each one of your seats with a fucking person who WILL. People who can enjoy the game, who can jump, who can sing, who can bring passion without spending $100 in beer and food while wasting half an hour of the game trying to eat and drink that shit instead of being a supporter. You can't just show up in 112 and say you're a supporter. Fucking do something. Jump, sing, chant, yell, scream. Anything is better then standing there like a fucking ponce who's better than everyone else. There's a couple big sections on the East and West stands that would be fantastic for those people. Then bring the passionate one's who are stuck out in no man's land doing the same thing I am and make a REAL supporters section.

I'm proud the say that I've mastered the art of drinking and chanting at the same time. I can even jump around during the massive with a beer in my hand :D.

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Was there any conclusion reached as to why we were collectively constipated with the chanting on Saturday?! Just curious if all this chit-chat has unveiled a massive Friday night party followed by a Saturday group hangover? Did everyone go to Montreal or something for the St. V/ Gren game?

it has nothing to do with a friday night party...this thing has been happening since last year's goalless drought. Not only in 112 but everywhere in the stadium.. but it's a shame that it happens in the heart of the supporters group's homes!

The problem is the attitude of people towards the games... they don't like to be told what to do..they see this as an individual thing and free to do what they want... They choose to drink and watch the game so this is what you get.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Are you the one giving me beer showers? :lol:

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Our atmosphere is still better than DC, footyfan.

It's just that unlike DC fans, we don't rest on our laurels as the "best fans" in MLS.
Just like Carver tries with TFC, we're always trying harder. That's why you see threads like this one.
No way we'll end up like LA with kiddies and soccer moms as the main audience.

Personally, I noticed a lot of new faces last game. I suspect the real reason for the lower volume was that a lot of fans sold their tickets to watch the Euros. Many didn't know the chants, and there was a couple behind me where the man was explaining to his g/f the rules of soccer.

Bingo-bango-bongo, you got it old man!

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
it has nothing to do with a friday night party...this thing has been happening since last year's goalless drought. Not only in 112 but everywhere in the stadium.. but it's a shame that it happens in the heart of the supporters group's homes!

The problem is the attitude of people towards the games... they don't like to be told what to do..they see this as an individual thing and free to do what they want... They choose to drink and watch the game so this is what you get.

That’s disappointing then. I would much rather be directed with a capo than try starting chants randomly that sound flat and sickly. Not because I am follower but because I enjoy chanting as the 12th man in unison with some degree of melody.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 09:14 AM

You say this thread is pointless because nobody will listen. Do you realize that most of the people in this stadium don't read this thread? I bet you alot of the people in the supporter's sections don't read this thread either. RPB is spread out all over the place and it's real difficult to make an impact when there is 4 of you chanting and 1000 other part time supporters. It's not the regular visitors on this site that we should be complaining to, it's the people in the stadium. In my section, I'm telling people to chant, and they are telling me to sit down, go figure.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Gotta stop trying to fight it on the boards. I understand the frustration but it's like the tifos. Unless we can create a better way of speaking to the crowd on gameday then things won't change.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:19 AM
You say this thread is pointless because nobody will listen. Do you realize that most of the people in this stadium don't read this thread? I bet you alot of the people in the supporter's sections don't read this thread either. RPB is spread out all over the place and it's real difficult to make an impact when there is 4 of you chanting and 1000 other part time supporters. It's not the regular visitors on this site that we should be complaining to, it's the people in the stadium. In my section, I'm telling people to chant, and they are telling me to sit down, go figure.

Tell them if they want to sit to go support the Jays. BMO should not be the place for the faint of heart nevermind the “game gazing” peanut eating fearwhether. People should associate TFC and BMO with rockus fans that stand for 90 minutes. Hard to get all that in when you’re out numbered I suppose. LOL

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 09:19 AM

tell them to fuck off!! :)
I understand people are new and not all of the know the chants but..MOST do know.. and we had the same 8-9 chants last 2 years... how hard is it to join in to TFC *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* .. people don't give a fuck..

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Gotta stop trying to fight in on the boards. I understand the frustration but it's like the tifos. Unless we can create a better way of speaking to the crowd on gameday then things won't change.

This is frustration, not fighting. Any good therapist would explain. LOL

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
tell them to fuck off!! :)
I understand people are new and not all of the know the chants but..MOST do know.. and we had the same 8-9 chants last 2 years... how hard is it to join in to TFC *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP* .. people don't give a fuck..

I have to agree. As polite as we tend to be in this city, it shouldn’t carry over into the seats at BMO. If you are annoyed by someone standing, get the fuck up and stand too. It’s not a three hour baseball/ hockey/ Yankee football match. It’s 90 minute of intensity fueled by 20,000 supporters.

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 09:25 AM
Sadly the people who have been showing up to TFC games are typical Toronto fans.. They can do "this is our house" very well... which also the same chant as "Let's go BlueJays!!"

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:25 AM
I didn't give a shit that 5 or 6 people's vision was blocked for 3 minutes while we held our Marvell Wynne banner out during his chant. They were cool because they no better than to bitch in our section for fear of being outcasted. They were cool and just ducked around it til the chant was over. Fuck em.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 09:26 AM
This is frustration, not fighting. Any good therapist would explain. LOL

The worry is that frustration turns into an us against them attitude which will also never work. "They" aren't going anywhere, just as we are not. We need to start trying new approaches because its obvious the ones being used and ringing true.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Funny you mention that, this was one chant I have decided to let go because of that very reson. I am looking forward to Friday's game versus the Braves to sing that "song". It's gay but it works at Rogers.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
The worry is that frustration turns into an us against them attitude which will also never work. "They" aren't going anywhere, just as we are not. We need to start trying new approaches because its obvious the ones being used and ringing true.

The frustration is good for those of us who simply want to get it off our chest. It doesn’t matter if anyone is listening or not, the perception is that someone might be. We don’t need feedback or even support towards what we are saying. We just need the forum. I agree that it can turn into something regrettable but at the same time, and for now, it just is what it is – frustration.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
H Bomb, when people stop looking at me like an alien for singing on my own and actually join in, then I'll listen to anything you want to say about bitching on here. I'm bitching for a valid fucking reason. It's much better than bitching about Carver doing a shitty job because he had a bad game. :taz:

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 09:32 AM
Why do we have to do shit to reach out to them??? It's about being a responsible supporter.. It should be their responsibility to reach out to us and follow us and be like us... it makes it a lot easier...
Not only they don't make any effort to learn the chants or jump or sing or clap...they actually shut themselves down to us and totally ignore and sometimes attack us when we try to tell them to join us... FUCK THEM!

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Two years of 100% effort, for what? So people can STILL look at me wondering what I'm doing?

Oh and for those saying shit about, it's different people in the stands, blah blah blah. No, not around me. It's very rarely someone different. I see the same faces staring blankly, beer in hand, week in, week out. That's not the problem where I am, trust me.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:34 AM
H Bombs’ concerns are warranted. You don’t want anything to be said here that is going to send the impression to others that will only promote a divide. Instead, you want to keep it free of hostility and directed frustration only. You’re right in that bitching about JC’s decisions is useless in nature and without true purpose. This on the other hand, is something to discuss.

ACSertL
06-23-2008, 09:35 AM
My only problem is that being on the far end of 114 I get sort of lost in no man's land. 111-112 are difficult to hear, and 115, while very boisterous and supportive, sorta does their own thing...the Dichio24 is the best example of that. Most of the time the easy chants are recycled ad nauseum and that frustrates me.

I will also echo the sentiments of new people coming into the sections, although, at least for the KC game, some of the new folk were getting involved. I hope they come back.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Sure they're warrented if you aren't mature enough to realize that it's stupid internet bitching that shouldn't really lead to anything other than straight venting.

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 09:37 AM
we can have this debate for the next 10 years...unless the front office moves these dead people out of the SUPPORTERS sections things won't change..

The only people who can do something to fix this are not even in this debate...too busy counting the money they are making...or ordering more cops to usher people

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:39 AM
$1m profit for a first year company is outstanding. Wouldn't you roll around in it for a while?

KdotOdot
06-23-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm thinking the people atthe top of 112, namely myself and a rag tag group of shenaigants should trade places with the people in the middle and push the middle back. Doubt this will ever happen. I saw some asshole SIT in his seat last game in 112!?!?

This shit will contiune to go on untill we own our section. End of discussion. You ladies can keep coming up with genius theories and solutions but untl we own the section nothing will change.

Heres looking forward to the next night game!

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm thinking the people atthe top of 112, namely myself and a rag tag group of shenaigants should trade places with the people in the middle and push the middle back. Doubt this will ever happen. I saw some asshole SIT in his seat last game in 112!?!?

This shit will contiune to go on untill we own our section. End of discussion. You ladies can keep coming up with genius theories and solutions but untl we own the section nothing will change.

Heres looking forward to the next night game!

Yup, totally agree.

we can have this debate for the next 10 years...unless the front office moves these dead people out of the SUPPORTERS sections things won't change..

The only people who can do something to fix this are not even in this debate...too busy counting the money they are making...or ordering more cops to usher people

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
The onus rests on us to push these people out by making it uncomfortable for them to sit and be quiet. I single people out if they are not contributing and often get an uncomfortable grin in return which is what I want. But damn it if it doesn’t work the next time they come out they have a little more to offer.

KdotOdot
06-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Turks and Serbs agreeing? SHIT! If miracles like this can happen then TFC will make it to the playoffs for sure.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:45 AM
:rofl: I know, weird world man.

Blazer
Owning your section? Brilliant.

H Bomb
I hear what you're saying. But if the folks around me stop singing mid chant then I just finish that chant much louder on my own. (<-- It's a decent way make sure sure everyone around knows the words) As I said, these folks aren't going anywhere, and we're still the best around. And just like half way through season 2 I'm sure you'll be doing it half way through season 20 as well. And by then things will have changed (for some time i hope). This will be long and slow, and interent complaints are all well and good but just know that it's going to be long and slow.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I hear what you're saying. But if the folks around me stop singing mid chant then I just finish that chant much louder on my own. (<-- It's a decent way make sure sure everyone around knows the words) As I said, these folks aren't going anywhere, and we're still the best around. And just like half way through season 2 I'm sure you'll be doing it half way through season 20 as well. And by then things will have changed (for some time i hope). This will be long and slow, and interent complaints are all well and good but just know that it's going to be long and slow.

Welcome to my world, in the 'heart of the supporters' it boils down to me singing on my own... every game.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Welcome to my world, in the 'heart of the supporters' it boils down to me singing on my own... every game.

Where the hell is your seat in 104?

blackandwhite

join the trend and don't!

OneLoveOneEric
My problem comes from sitting so close to the "Ultras" that my only opportunities to join in on a chant are usually something homophobic to the tune of "this is our house".
Not gonna happen.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Where the hell is your seat in 104?

112. ;) Even more sad, at least your section has an excuse.

DOMIN8R
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM
My problem comes from sitting so close to the "Ultras" that my only opportunities to join in on a chant are usually something homophobic to the tune of "this is our house".
Not gonna happen.

At first I thought you might be exagerating. Then I realized that you weren't.

Yikes.:eek:

ilikemusic
06-23-2008, 09:58 AM

Thats the long and the short of it.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Let's go BlueJays = This Is Our House

Ghey. You will not see me join in with that terrible chant.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 10:00 AM
112? I find it hard to believe that 1 or 2 guys are the only ones chanting in 112.

ACSertL
06-23-2008, 10:01 AM

I hear that! This one gets on my nerves the most!

MG42
06-23-2008, 10:02 AM

I'm still torn on the issue of singing chants I don't like...there are some I think are lame but I sing anyway...I guess I want the team to hear us...I don't know though...I just feel that whatever chant starts I should sing along...I'd be a perfect Capo follower LOL :)

ilikemusic
06-23-2008, 10:02 AM
I hate 'This is our house' and dont think ive ever joined in it.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 10:03 AM
BMO did not account for such support when they took on this ownership. They figured it to be a cute attraction at most. Because it has morphed into something completely unpredictable, they are seeing opportunity to make money before being concerned with what we want in terms of supporters sections, etc. It’s discouraging.

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:05 AM

agreed. I hate hearing that 'chant' every game. IMO it's the dumbest thing ever sung at BMO. It makes 'this is our house' look like an Opera. Chants should be sung to get behind the players, not to tell other seat holders what to do (when they aren't even allowed to to it in that section anyway)

*edit: I was referring 'West side stand up'. That might not have been clear.

OneLoveOneEric
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
At first I thought you might be exagerating. Then I realized that you weren't.

Yikes.:eek:

Why yikes?

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
I'm still torn on the issue of singing chants I don't like...there are some I think are lame but I sing anyway...I guess I want the team to hear us...I don't know though...I just feel that whatever chant starts I should sing along...I'd be a perfect Capo follower LOL :)

Sing it at an away game when we're winning and outsinging the opposition. Then it's appropriate and I'll join in, however I will not sing it at BMO. Of fucking course it's our house that's why we're fucking there for fucks sakes.

Heathen
06-23-2008, 10:07 AM

same here, so fucking cringeworthy

MG42
06-23-2008, 10:08 AM
...It makes 'this is our house' look like an Opera...

:rofl:

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 10:08 AM
agreed. I hate hearing that 'chant' every game. IMO it's the dumbest thing ever sung at BMO. It makes 'this is our house' look like an Opera. Chants should be sung to get behind the players, not to tell other seat holders what to do (when they aren't even allowed to to it in that section anyway)

This is actually very common in EURO! it's not really a chant..it's made to get the attention of another section to join in the chant...same as when i yell Hands up or scarves up to the people...

it's supposed to be followed by a "real" chant..

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:09 AM

*edit: I was referring 'West side stand up'. That might not have been clear.

You know, I'd much rather hear this than This Is Our House. Why? Well, think about it. They're trying to get people into the game. Just as last year 112/111 would sing stand up for the TFC to get 110 and 109 standing. At least it applies to the current situation.

THIS IS OUR HOUSE

NO FUCKING SHIT.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:12 AM
Sorry guys but I sing..chant..yell This is our House every game...because everyone in the grounds basically tries to do that one. Of course it's lame, but without at least some comprimise we're never going to get anything done...just sayin.

ACSertL
06-23-2008, 10:13 AM
Sing it at an away game when we're winning and outsinging the opposition. Then it's appropriate and I'll join in, however I will not sing it at BMO. Of fucking course it's our house that's why we're fucking there for fucks sakes.

I am the same way about the 'Can you hear...' chant. That one gets started up multiple times during the games and it really means nothing when there is no away support coming to BMO.

There's the root of my problem...doesn't matter how fucking awesome the chant may or may not be, if it is irrelevant to the action on the field don't sing it!

Blazer
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Although I agree that the chant is silly, it would be really tough to negotiate which are great and which are silly because it’s not the only one. Some are gonna love and some are gonna hate. I suppose it’ll come down to what survives in the end. There are others that should go too in my mind.

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
You know, I'd much rather hear this than This Is Our House. Why? Well, think about it. They're trying to get people into the game. Just as last year 112/111 would sing stand up for the TFC to get 110 and 109 standing. At least it applies to the current situation.

it's different.

the people in 116-118 who sing it are doing it when there's absolutely no bearing on the game. I appreciate that they want the west end to get involved, but it's not going to happen unless there's some play on the field that merits it. Everyone stands for a goal, or the end of a winning game, but whoever is starting it around the 10 minute mark, game after game, is doing so without any relevance to the game play.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:15 AM
So instead of continuing the chants that are already going... we should stop drop and roll and join in on that fuckin stupid chant the 10 times it gets sung a game?

No thanks, that only encourages them. If you sustain your chants they'll never catch on. I sing through "ooohhhs and awwwws", I sing through "this is our house" because if you gave up everytime something happened, you'd never finish a chant.

PS. If I'm not already chanting when TIOH starts up, I usually yell back NO FUCKING SHIT. Look forward to people joining in on that one in the near future. :)

Edit: this was a response to H Bomb, not Sparky.

Sparky, I only ever hear that chant in the second half, but I am on the opposite side.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I am the same way about the 'Can you hear...' chant. That one gets started up multiple times during the games and it really means nothing when there is no away support coming to BMO.

There's the root of my problem...doesn't matter how fucking awesome the chant may or may not be, if it is irrelevant to the action on the field don't sing it!

I haven't heard that one in ages bro, sorry.

brad
06-23-2008, 10:17 AM
THIS IS OUR HOUSE

NO FUCKING SHIT.

One of the "favorites" in 105 is "Where's the Beer Guy"...Groan.

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:19 AM

I randomly hear it pop up every now and then. Usually gets squashed pretty quick by other chants.

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:19 AM
One of the "favorites" in 105 is "Where's the Beer Guy"...Groan.

at least you have a beer guy :frown5:

ACSertL
06-23-2008, 10:20 AM

I hear it every game and I am at the top of 114 close to the aisle near 115. I just keep thinking of how pointless it is.

Kevvv
06-23-2008, 10:22 AM
115, while very boisterous and supportive, sorta does their own thing...the Dichio24 is the best example of that.

Are they singing something else while everyone else is doing the 23:13 chant?

brad
06-23-2008, 10:22 AM
I randomly hear it pop up every now and then. Usually gets squashed pretty quick by other chants.

I've really tried to get that one going at the top of 105 when we have opposing supporters next to us, but it never catches. People are too interested throwing out anti-US slurs.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:24 AM

No dude but most in 115 sing with the additional danny's. 115 does largely do "it's own thing" because nothing comes over from the bunker except blurry muddied noises. Whenver we try to join in we lose time in about 3 seconds flat.

DOMIN8R
06-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Why yikes?

Because anti-gay chants tarnish our game and our fans. It's in the same category as racism and general bigotry.

ACSertL
06-23-2008, 10:25 AM

No, it is more off timed than anything...and the extra Danny's thrown in there, not too much to be complaining about I guess. :)

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Because anti-gay chants tarnish our game and our fans. It's in the same category as racism and general bigotry.

Who said anything about anti-gay chants? :noidea:

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Sparky, I only ever hear that chant in the second half, but I am on the opposite side.

It usually happens about 10 or 20 minutes into the first. Really whenever there's a bit of a lull in the louder sections. Sometimes it will happen again around 50 or 60 minutes, but only if we're not in the lead and the south end has been active.

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Not gonna happen.

here it is Shaughno

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:29 AM
H -bomb got the link first.

blackandwhite
06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
that's one chant.... and that doesn't explain why 99.9% of the people dont sing ot chant or clap or jump in the south end..

Shaughno
06-23-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't see anything about Anti-Gay chants. I see him making a reference to TIOH being gay, should he have used ghey instead oh politically correct ones?

H Bomb
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
So instead of continuing the chants that are already going... we should stop drop and roll and join in on that fuckin stupid chant the 10 times it gets sung a game?

No thanks, that only encourages them. If you sustain your chants they'll never catch on. I sing through "ooohhhs and awwwws", I sing through "this is our house" because if you gave up everytime something happened, you'd never finish a chant.

PS. If I'm not already chanting when TIOH starts up, I usually yell back NO FUCKING SHIT. Look forward to people joining in on that one in the near future. :)

Sorry I did read this as a parky responce. And no don't stop singing other things of course. We've got "One man went to Mo" in 115 that takes forever and we never lose time despit ohhh and awww and a few chants coming in from other places. But what I am saying is that if the whole stadium is singnig TIOH then fucking eh, thats a good thing, despite the lameness of the words in the chant. I mean they blared europop when Germany scored each goal in the Euro quarterfinals...Tell me that's not lame.

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
^ hBomb quoted it. Eric said he'd rather not sing anything than join in on something homophobic to the tune of 'this is our house'.

I fail to see how that's too politically correct.

Blazer
06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Is the TIOH chat the "LA LA-LA LA LA-LA LA LALA...LA LA-LA LA-LA LA LA, TEEOHHH-OH, TEEOHHH-OH"?! That one is mint.

Parkdale
06-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Is the TIOH chat the "LA LA-LA LA LA-LA LA LALA...LA LA-LA LA-LA LA LA, TEEOHHH-OH, TEEOHHH-OH"?! That one is mint.

nope.

T.I.O.H. = this is our house