PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Wednesday,May 26

denime
05-26-2010, 05:26 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV Episode 9 (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

Welcome News On The Fitness Front (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/lukewilemanreports)

Preki TFC TV Interview (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1943)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

GBV
05-26-2010, 05:47 AM
Powerhouse soccer matchup draws few fans in Toronto

(Toronto FC mention)

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2010/05/26/14089961.html

DOMIN8R
05-26-2010, 05:54 AM
3 trialists. Anyone know who they are?

TorCanSoc
05-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Awesome mention for TFC in the Slam article.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2010, 06:47 AM
Powerhouse soccer matchup draws few fans in Toronto

(Toronto FC mention)

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/2010/05/26/14089961.html

Fantastic! I'd like to direct every n00b to this article who are in the stands that wants to scoff at why we'd ever want to support a lesser quality LOCAL footie side instead of staying home to only watch foreign footie!

Is this the beginning of the end for meaningless midseason friendlies???

scooter
05-26-2010, 06:58 AM
mornin d

Technorgasm
05-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I went to Fiorentina v Juve last night.. . . was pretty rad.

but for the LIFE of me, I cant think why the Benfica V Greeks was not promoted more. .

crazy.
Its all Frot York Red Coat's fault. . . .

zamperina
05-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Was at the game last night at the dome and it was terrible. They didn't open the roof and not suprisingly the players were going down like flies on the fake turf. Pretty much no atmosphere at the game as chants never really got going and the only cheering was for the goal and of course the legend ADP. Would have been nice to play this at BMO, I guess there were reasons not to??????

Oldtimer
05-26-2010, 07:35 AM
The Montreal-Vancouver match will be streamed online here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/nutrilite_live_stream/

Dave67
05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Was at the game last night at the dome and it was terrible. They didn't open the roof and not suprisingly the players were going down like flies on the fake turf. Pretty much no atmosphere at the game as chants never really got going and the only cheering was for the goal and of course the legend ADP. Would have been nice to play this at BMO, I guess there were reasons not to??????

I'm going to guess that they expected it to sell better. Also it really shows how important the SSS are to the 'soccer experience'.

J .
05-26-2010, 08:00 AM
I couldnt give a shit about the friendlies and I go to a TFC game whenever I can.

Brooker
05-26-2010, 08:10 AM
Say what you will about the quality of MLS as opposed to Serie A or any other major European league, TFC’s games here mean something. They count in the standings. And what’s left is a city that no longer is swept away by meaningless exhibitions by European clubs, no matter the big names on the lineup sheet.

uh huh.

canadian_bhoy
05-26-2010, 08:13 AM
Does Sandor seriously think that people don't care about major european teams coming to Toronto because of TFC? Give me a break.

The small crowds at Benfica and Juventus come down to one thing. Poor advertising/promotion. If people don't know about the game and aren't pumped up about it, they aren't going to show up.

The 20,000 crowds were at the dome back in 2005 (or 04) when Rangers played at the dome. Again, poor promotion and little to no advertising. TFC didn't even exist then.

Contrast that with Champions World Tour which spent big bucks on advertising and sold out the dome 2 nights in a row in 2003.

Shaughno
05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
^^ Add in too high of ticket prices in there as well Mike. I would have gone to see the game, if it was half the cost it actually was...

Stouffville_RPB
05-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Does Sandor seriously think that people don't care about major european teams coming to Toronto because of TFC? Give me a break.

The small crowds at Benfica and Juventus come down to one thing. Poor advertising/promotion. If people don't know about the game and aren't pumped up about it, they aren't going to show up.

The 20,000 crowds were at the dome back in 2005 (or 04) when Rangers played at the dome. Again, poor promotion and little to no advertising. TFC didn't even exist then.

Contrast that with Champions World Tour which spent big bucks on advertising and sold out the dome 2 nights in a row in 2003.

100% Bang on.

It wasn't known by many that this game was happening and even fewer knew when tickets went on sale.

The Benfica v Panathanikos match was unknown to even more people.

You hear commercials on The FAN and see full page spreads in the papers for Man U v Celtic. That game will outsell the other 2 international friendlies because of it.

jabbronies
05-26-2010, 08:26 AM
^^ Add in too high of ticket prices in there as well Mike. I would have gone to see the game, if it was half the cost it actually was...

Agreed. why should I pay 50$ + to watch a game between reserves, fading stars and a splatter of starters who clearly are not trying to win.

Villa TFC
05-26-2010, 08:31 AM
I still like friendlies...for what they are. They give fans a chance to see big name teams and big name players in person. But the matches are never anything more than fluff and all play and all results should be taken with a grain of salt. As long as you sit there to enjoy and don't take them too seriously, then they can be worth the money...except when barely half the first team turns up and they play on a plastic pitch. Then it's not even worth acknowledging.

I believe there are a few reasons last night's match was half-empty:

1) Fiorentina doesn't have huge support in Toronto but I would imagine that proportionally a good chunk of that support did turn up. Juve, on the other hand, falls into that category with United, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and Barca of drawing massive support well beyond the geographic and familial limits of Turin. Sadly for organisers however, much of that support can be fickle and just as they were drawn to Juve by the trophies and glory, so their support can easily be distracted by mediocrity. I wouldn't mind betting that proportionally a good chunk of Turin-related Juve support was there last night...I suspect it was the third-generation Sicilians, Puglians and Umbrians who were missing.

2) Football fans aren't as stupid as organisers like to think. How many neutrals would have bothered going last night knowing that there were barely a handful of Juve first-teamers and only slightly more from Fiorentina? It was like a reserves match...add in the atmosphere-vaccuum of the SkyDome (sorry...can't make myself refer to its new name), a plastic pitch, and not inexpensive ticket prices and many discerning football fans will - and did - give it a miss.

3) Post-season matches are a waste of time. Players are mentally and physically tired. They've either just won something big and the prospect of a friendly in Toronto pales by comparison...or they've just won nothing and want beaches and golf courses and the prospect of a friendly pales by comparison. If it's a World Cup or Euro year then the big names will not only be missing physically and mentally...but also actually. Pre-season matches generally mean the full squad, debuts by new signings, aggression from young players and most players trying to impress before the new season kicks-off.

4) There was a day not so long ago when Toronto was lucky to see 1 or 2 proper professional football matches in a year. Those were the days when neutrals would go to see Stuttgart, Bari, Vasas or Linfield because there was little other opportunities to attend a live football match. Now we have half-a-dozen television channels dedicated to live football from all points of the globe, we have bars and pubs that actually choose to show football instead of curling, we have websites that provide us with instant results, news, analysis and messages boards...and best of all, we have a live team playing live football in our colours. The MLS may not be Serie A, La Liga or the Premiership...but the fun is what you make of it and a cold rainy evening or a hot sunny Saturday afternoon eating chip butties and pizza slices and drinking beer with your mates while heckling officials and opposing players and singing and cheering on your players makes us all just a little bit more picky when it comes to attending friendlies.

Friendlies can and will do well here (Liverpool v Porto, Celtic v As Roma, TFC v Real Madrid were sell-outs and Manchester United v Celtic likely also will be) but organisers need to serve us quality or we will choose to spend our money elsewhere.

Pachuco
05-26-2010, 08:32 AM

I can only speak for myself, I honestly don't know other people's reasons. If TFC doesn't exist, I go to the game to get my footie fix. The fact of the matter is that I get to watch footie live all the time now, and I feel like I already spend enough money on it as it is. I would be able to justify going if there was no local team to support and if I hadn't paid to watch a live game in years.

So I suspect it's probably a combination of poor marketing and the fact alot of us spend alot of money to support TFC throughout the year as it is.

Roogsy
05-26-2010, 08:36 AM

Exactly.

Sandor is really beginning to bug me.

Roogsy
05-26-2010, 08:37 AM

My reason exactly for skipping the Man United v Celtic game. I was on Ticketmaster about to buy tickets when I saw 2 tickets were going to cost me $500 and I said "no thanks".

Pachuco
05-26-2010, 08:41 AM
I still like friendlies...for what they are. They give fans a chance to see big name teams and big name players in person. But the matches are never anything more than fluff and all play and all results should be taken with a grain of salt. As long as you sit there to enjoy and don't take them too seriously, then they can be worth the money...except when barely half the first team turns up and they play on a plastic pitch. Then it's not even worth acknowledging.

I believe there are a few reasons last night's match was half-empty:

1) Fiorentina doesn't have huge support in Toronto but I would imagine that proportionally a good chunk of that support did turn up. Juve, on the other hand, falls into that category with United, Chelsea, Inter, Real Madrid and Barca of drawing massive support well beyond the geographic and familial limits of Turin. Sadly for organisers however, much of that support can be fickle and just as they were drawn to Juve by the trophies and glory, so their support can easily be distracted by mediocrity. I wouldn't mind betting that proportionally a good chunk of Turin-related Juve support was there last night...I suspect it was the third-generation Sicilians, Puglians and Umbrians who were missing.

2) Football fans aren't as stupid as organisers like to think. How many neutrals would have bothered going last night knowing that there were barely a handful of Juve first-teamers and only slightly more from Fiorentina? It was like a reserves match...add in the atmosphere-vaccuum of the SkyDome (sorry...can't make myself refer to its new name), a plastic pitch, and not inexpensive ticket prices and many discerning football fans will - and did - give it a miss.

3) Post-season matches are a waste of time. Players are mentally and physically tired. They've either just won something big and the prospect of a friendly in Toronto pales by comparison...or they've just won nothing and want beaches and golf courses and the prospect of a friendly pales by comparison. If it's a World Cup or Euro year then the big names will not only be missing physically and mentally...but also actually. Pre-season matches generally mean the full squad, debuts by new signings, aggression from young players and most players trying to impress before the new season kicks-off.

4) There was a day not so long ago when Toronto was lucky to see 1 or 2 proper professional football matches in a year. Those were the days when neutrals would go to see Stuttgart, Bari, Vasas or Linfield because there was little other opportunities to attend a live football match. Now we have half-a-dozen television channels dedicated to live football from all points of the globe, we have bars and pubs that actually choose to show football instead of curling, we have websites that provide us with instant results, news, analysis and messages boards...and best of all, we have a live team playing live football in our colours. The MLS may not be Serie A, La Liga or the Premiership...but the fun is what you make of it and a cold rainy evening or a hot sunny Saturday afternoon eating chip butties and pizza slices and drinking beer with your mates while heckling officials and opposing players and singing and cheering on your players makes us all just a little bit more picky when it comes to attending friendlies.

Friendlies can and will do well here (Liverpool v Porto, Celtic v As Roma, TFC v Real Madrid were sell-outs and Manchester United v Celtic likely also will be) but organisers need to serve us quality or we will choose to spend our money elsewhere.

This is really well put. The problem with Sandor's article and Canadian Bhoy's response is that they are both doing the same thing. They are picking 1 reason why they think the game was a serious failure. When the truth is probably a combination of reasons. It isn't always black and white, when something fails that bad it isn't hard to fathom that this failed for numerous reasons.

This post does a really good job of balancing that out.

Globetrotter
05-26-2010, 08:43 AM

That's certainly a part of it. If it wasn't for this board, I wouldn't have known about the Ben/Pan or Juv/Fio games.

The other side of it is, and this certainly applies for me... when I go watch a game, I don't care what the logo on the front of the jersey is, I care about the names on the back. Why go watch the c-squad of any team just because they have a ManU, Inter, Bayern, etc logo???? The Real Madrid game was awesome... not because of their pretty little logo, but because we saw nameplates on jerseys that read Kaka, Ronaldo, Raul, Benzima....

I'd much rather see Zidane and friends tour wearing a Team Astro Yogurt logo on the front than seeing a Chelsea jersey with an absolutely nobody filling it out.

Start guaranteeing that certain players are contracted to play at least one half, and you might see some attendance increase.

ManUtd4ever
05-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Last night's attendance was a direct result of poor advertising and even worse timing. I have no doubt that if Juventus played Fiorentina in July with all their starters in a final preseason tune up with adequate promotion in the media, the match would come very close to selling out the Rogers Centre...

Nerepis
05-26-2010, 08:48 AM
The Montreal-Vancouver match will be streamed online here: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/nutrilite_live_stream/

Yes, we could win some hardware tonight.

canadian_bhoy
05-26-2010, 08:57 AM
Good points above - and I certainly agree that poor promotion/advertising was not the only contributing factor, although I do think it was the biggest contributor to the small crowd.

The only argument that I don't buy is about not having the A level players in the match.

I was there last night the level of play, quality of touch, movement with the ball was miles ahead of anything you see down at BMO. If you think B-squad Serie A is beneath watching, then I don't know how you keep your eyes open at BMO each week.

greatwhitenorf
05-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Yes, we could win some hardware tonight.

Think not. Montreal have nothing to play for. Will roll out their scrubs and continue to build Stade Saputo's sad, losing tradition.

menefreghista
05-26-2010, 09:07 AM
There actually was quite a bit of advertising for the Juve v Fiorentina game.

menefreghista
05-26-2010, 09:09 AM
I was there last night the level of play, quality of touch, movement with the ball was miles ahead of anything you see down at BMO. If you think B-squad Serie A is beneath watching, then I don't know how you keep your eyes open at BMO each week.

This is irrelevant. Obviously even with the reserves of a Serie A squad the level of play will be excellent, but the casual fan will see half of Juve missing and wonder where the value in this game is? I'm not paying full price to watch reserves, no matter how great the level of play may be.

And if I'm not mistaken Fiorentina's biggest name player didn't even show up despite no conflicts? Was Mutu playing last night?

I'm actually kind of happy when games like this fail because it shows promoters that we aren't suckers.

zamperina
05-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Good points above - and I certainly agree that poor promotion/advertising was not the only contributing factor, although I do think it was the biggest contributor to the small crowd.

The only argument that I don't buy is about not having the A level players in the match.

Agreed!

Whoop
05-26-2010, 09:24 AM

I was at the match at Bee Mo on Sunday and you can see the difference in skill between even the reserves and those in MLS, though both Benfica and Panathinaikos still had some pretty good players on the pitch.

That match wasn't even advertised in any mainstream media - even Juve-Fiorentina got some play in the papers - yet you essentially had a CL preview match in two champion teams.

I still think that a pre-season tournament sans TFC would be much better than these end of the year friendlies.

Whoop
05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
But I think Sandor is right to an extent.

I think the market in Toronto is savvy enough to know they're not getting the real deal so they won't bother.

James17930
05-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Plus, very simple fact -- it was on a Tuesday night.

Put it on a Saturday and there'd be 10k more, easily.

Fort York Redcoat
05-26-2010, 10:45 AM
Wow. How many times have we heard the term MLS apologists?

I've never seen so many Foreign footie apologists.

Too pricey, Not the first squad, Bad promotion...My point is Sandor is right. There are people that won't go to foreign friendlies just to see footie now. There are people who won't shell out for it. These are excuses or reasons but the results are the same and undeniable. Now I won't say the difference is in the tens of thousands but there are some that don't need to overpay to watch the squad that may some day play for that side they watch on tele early Saturday/Sunday.

rocker
05-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I can't speak for other people.... I can only go with my own experience. I find we're a bit saturated in recent years with TFC and other friendlies. I get my footy fix with TFC league games and NCC. When these non-TFC friendlies come to town, I'm not as pumped up as I was when TFC didn't exist. I went to Celtic Roma at Skydome many years ago cuz it was like "holy shit, pro soccer in Toronto!!!" But I think we paid about $200 for 4 tickets in the 100-level about 10 rows from the pitch. I wasn't then going and spending another $200 a few weeks later for another friendly... or going to 15 league games of my home club. Different time, different context.

And the prices are a bit hefty for a team I don't follow and for a match that doesn't matter. I know I'll have more fun watching TFC beat Montreal at home than watching two italian teams I never followed. and the atmosphere will be better at a TFC match.

Futbolista
05-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Well said...I think the same way...

Toronto Ruffrider
05-26-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm not surprised by the poor attendance from last night's game. Since 2004, several high-profile friendlies have taken place at the Skydome, and only two of them drew well - Liverpool/Porto drew 40k, while Celtic/Roma drew 50k. International friendlies were a novelty at the time, so it's not surprising that the above matches were of a higher profile. In addition, the above matches were the only ones to be played on real grass at the Skydome, and I'm sure the pitch played at least a minor role in drawing fans. If you're going to charge $50 or more for tickets, fans expect the best presentation from the ground up.

Toronto Ruffrider
05-26-2010, 11:11 AM
I can't speak for other people.... I can only go with my own experience. I find we're a bit saturated in recent years with TFC and other friendlies. I get my footy fix with TFC league games and NCC. When these non-TFC friendlies come to town, I'm not as pumped up as I was when TFC didn't exist. I went to Celtic Roma at Skydome many years ago cuz it was like "holy shit, pro soccer in Toronto!!!" But I think we paid about $200 for 4 tickets in the 100-level about 10 rows from the pitch. I wasn't then going and spending another $200 a few weeks later for another friendly... or going to 15 league games of my home club. Different time, different context.

And the prices are a bit hefty for a team I don't follow and for a match that doesn't matter. I know I'll have more fun watching TFC beat Montreal at home than watching two italian teams I never followed. and the atmosphere will be better at a TFC match.

I was at this game as well, and I remember spending $50 on 500-level tickets. The prices aren't any worse now, but the games aren't quite the novelty that they were in 2004. It doesn't help that top-tier teams are playing on crappy field turf. At least Celtic and Roma had grass.

zamperina
05-26-2010, 01:06 PM
I'm assuming the ManU vs. Celtic game will have natural grass only because they will sell this game out?

Shaughno
05-26-2010, 01:09 PM
My reason exactly for skipping the Man United v Celtic game. I was on Ticketmaster about to buy tickets when I saw 2 tickets were going to cost me $500 and I said "no thanks".

And if it wasn't United I wouldn't be there. ;) Given that this is my last chance to see Giggs, Scholes and the boys... I couldn't pass it up. Plus, it was my birthday present to myself. :D

trane
05-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Plus, very simple fact -- it was on a Tuesday night.

Put it on a Saturday and there'd be 10k more, easily.

My issue is also that is so soon, after the end of the Serie A season. The squads are going to be exhausted. Plus I heard more about it here, then in the regular media. Not very well advertised, with relatively short notice. I forgot it was on, and I drove by the Rogers centre and then remembered.

reggie
05-26-2010, 01:33 PM
looks like buddle made the 23 man roster for the us.

Dub Narcotic
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
So did Maurice Edu. Two ex-TFC in the WC, then.

zamperina
05-26-2010, 01:59 PM
looks like buddle made the 23 man roster for the us.

Congrats also go out to Mo Edu for making the US squad.

Yozzarian
05-26-2010, 02:04 PM

Three when you count Amado

Broadview
05-26-2010, 02:04 PM

Amado and Andy Boyens as well.

bgnewf
05-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Pissed that Chad Marshall did not make the team. i was hoping he would be away from Columbus for as long as possible.

FRAK!

GBV
05-26-2010, 02:34 PM
There actually was quite a bit of advertising for the Juve v Fiorentina game.

I thought there was plenty.
The time between the game being announced and it taking place wasn't that long, unfortunately for them.
But there were newspaper/radio ads all over.

I agree with Sandor.
If there was no MLS in Toronto, I likely would have been there.
As it is, I didn't even homour the thought as the 15-odd games I attend a year don't really move me to want to pay for an expensive game, with nothing on the line, at a piss poor venue.

Oldtimer
05-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Congrats also go out to Mo Edu for making the US squad.

He scored a goal in the friendly against the Czechs.

bgnewf
05-26-2010, 02:46 PM
http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/05/is-this-prekis-team-now/

Why I feel that Toronto FC is not Mo's team anymore.

Comments always welcome

J .
05-26-2010, 03:20 PM
The point Sandor is making is that the casual fan has no real desire to go to those game, who in the past would have picked up a ticket.

WestStandGeoff
05-26-2010, 03:44 PM
And if I'm not mistaken Fiorentina's biggest name player didn't even show up despite no conflicts? Was Mutu playing last night?

Yeah, wierd... I thought his doping ban only covered official/competetive matches, leaving him more than available to play a friendly.

Lucky Strike
05-26-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/8741/2010/05/report-official-mls-vp-durbin-talks-dps-loans-reserve-league/

Didn't really know where to put it. This is actually a bit of a news piece by MLSR, not retarded drivel.

menefreghista
05-26-2010, 04:56 PM
Yeah, wierd... I thought his doping ban only covered official/competetive matches, leaving him more than available to play a friendly.

Oh man, I forgot he had another doping ban.

Well, I guess it makes sense he wasn't here than. He's probably not even in shape to play.

Keystone FC
05-26-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.mls-rumors.net/8741/2010/05/report-official-mls-vp-durbin-talks-dps-loans-reserve-league/

Didn't really know where to put it. This is actually a bit of a news piece by MLSR, not retarded drivel.

Reserve League Possibilities
“Anything from reserve divisions to affiliations with lower division clubs is possible. There’s a couple models we’re looking at. One is if we can form a relationship with the second division. That can be teams forming one-on-one relationships, you can send players down and bring them back up for games, (like) affiliates.

They tried this before with the USL and it ended badly, but that was some time ago before MLS became a 'major' league.

You could have a situations where we aggregate four, five or six MLS teams where they support one or two second-division teams. You could say Philly, DC, New England and Toronto could give to a team four players.

Which would be kind of cool. Have a FC MLS side in the Div. II, until those clubs all need those players due to call ups by the national team or injuries.

(And) the most traditional one is one where you have expanded rosters after the first team. And you could even have a hybrid of that where they play games regionally. Why are you having Seattle travel to New England when they could get games regionally?’’

This is probably the best solution mentioned in the article. This is why there are several clubs who have reserve clubs in regional leagues like TFC in the CSL, NYRB has a club in the NPSL, and Chicago has clubs in USL (PDL) and NPSL.

rocker
05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
tweet from PB:

Paulbeirne: Working w NCAA to allow Academy callups in certain situations. Getting close. Potentially great news for our young players. Stay tuned... (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/statuses/14788409940)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-26-2010, 05:30 PM
tweet from PB:

Paulbeirne: Working w NCAA to allow Academy callups in certain situations. Getting close. Potentially great news for our young players. Stay tuned... (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne/statuses/14788409940)

can anyone expaline this a little further?

Academy kids....able to play NCAA also?

boban
05-26-2010, 06:12 PM
I heard it was real grass.

boban
05-26-2010, 06:14 PM

Dinamo and Rangers don't compare to these two teams.
Fact is Sandor's point is valid to an extent. But the other point which also contributed to the poor showing is that no star power was on the teams as the best players are with the national squads getting ready for the WC.

menefreghista
05-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I heard it was real grass.

It was definitely the fake stuff.

They are bringing in grass for ManU v Celtic though.

boban
05-26-2010, 06:28 PM
It was definitely the fake stuff.

They are bringing in grass for ManU v Celtic though.
Then the night time news crew has to get their act together lol

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-26-2010, 09:38 PM
can anyone expaline this a little further?

Academy kids....able to play NCAA also?

MLS academies are fully amateur as to maintain the players' NCAA eligibility. Presently, academy players cannot play with the first team in open matches (eg., games with fans in the stadium). There is a NCAA rule going into effect in August to allow players to maintain their amateur status and play alongside professional players.

Maybe the start date for the rule is getting pushed up? This would be great news, particularly with TFC's last NCC game in mind.

Yohan
05-27-2010, 03:36 AM
Carl Robinson out 5-6 weeks for Shite Bulls after knee surgery

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=790630&sec=mls&cc=4716

Interesting article on success of NY youth academy

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/2617/youth-soccer/2010/05/25/1942699/en-route-dissecting-the-success-of-the-red-bull-new-york