PDA

View Full Version : TFC v KFC Game Thread

TOBOR !
06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
We just saw why Cunnigham is a shit striker - he turns his back on Hartman and isn't able to profit from the 'keeper's stumble.

No kind of scoring instinct whatsoever.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 02:56 PM
Either I'm blind or I'm too drunk.

Damn, I should be at the game right now. :mad:

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:00 PM
----------------

TOBOR !
06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
I wondered whether Guevara was back yet when I saw Harmse in the lineup and not him.

When did he play last ?

ag futbol
06-21-2008, 03:07 PM
I think Carver pulled a rafa benitez today, starting 2nd choice players in league play, let's see if we get away with it. Few of the 2nd choice players look weak. I completely disagree with leaving Guevara and Edu on the bench. We probably should have dropped OT in defense as well.

TOBOR !
06-21-2008, 03:15 PM
They've all just come back from International duty, though. We'll likely see at least two subs at halftime if things aren't in our favour by then.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't like it at all... benching players because they merely answer the call of international play?

Benching Geuvara, Edu, Marshall, Sutton, and Brenan???? Really Carver?

It's not looking to good out there right now.

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 03:17 PM
The worst team and this is as well as we can do?

We look like the visitors to a first place club.

Get the regulars back in ffs.

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 03:20 PM
The crowd noise sucks.

During the anthem you hear 3 drunk guys singing off key.

Now you mostly hear the same few, singing the tune to hockey night in Canada.

You'd think after this many games they'd figure out how to place the mics.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:21 PM
The crowd noise sucks.

During the anthem you hear 3 drunk guys singing off key.

Now you mostly hear the same few, singing the tune to hockey night in Canada.

You'd think after this many games they'd figure out how to place the mics.

QFT :hump:

Fucking embarrassing.

---

My boys in orange aren't doing so good right now. :mad:

ag futbol
06-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Next half ... 60th minute hit with the offense subs. I want to see Smith and Guevarra. Harmse has been good enough as a replacement.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Sorry....

Yes... fucking van nistelrooy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck yeah!!!!!

/ back to regularly scheduled program

Lucky Strike
06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
The team looked discombobulated from the 30th minute: I'd expect to see Guevara replace Cunningham at the half and for TFC to assume the early season 4-2-3-1. Crowd kind of quiet too and still can't sing WITH the national anthem.

RPB_TFC_FAN
06-21-2008, 03:37 PM
amanda must replace cunny for the 2nd half

Lucky Strike
06-21-2008, 03:38 PM
amanda must replace cunny for the 2nd half

Who?!?

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 03:39 PM
CBC's fault on the national anthem. You mic the crowd and don't pipe in the sound feed.. Geez even I know that.....

By the time the sound goes from the sound system to the stadium speakers and gets to the fans a second or two goes by. So you pick up the sound live on the field with those parabolic mics facing the stands, not the speakers.

Morons.

And the play in the first half, If I paid 20 bucks to watch that I'd slit me wrists.

Lucky Strike
06-21-2008, 03:45 PM
CBC's fault on the national anthem. You mic the crowd and don't pipe in the sound feed.. Geez even I know that.....

By the time the sound goes from the sound system to the stadium speakers and gets to the fans a second or two goes by. So you pick up the sound live on the field with those parabolic mics facing the stands, not the speakers.

Morons.

And the play in the first half, If I paid 20 bucks to watch that I'd slit me wrists.

But it doesn't explain how the crowd today was with the anthem at first but then lost it. And you shouldn't call others morons; if you've got a point to make, just say it buddy. :D

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 03:46 PM
The curse of the Druids on the Solstace? Longest Half of the year on the longest day of the year.

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 03:47 PM
I called CBC morons, listen to the crowd noise on the Euro 2008 broadcast vrs. the CBC crew at BMO.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I called CBC morons, listen to the crowd noise on the Euro 2008 broadcast vrs. the CBC crew at BMO.

Toggling back and forth. The producution is night and day between the two.

Damn I'm biting my nails with the Dutch.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:51 PM
I missed the starting line for the 2nd half... any subs for TO?

Lucky Strike
06-21-2008, 03:52 PM
The referee seems in the way a lot: anyone else think that too?

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Fuck Todd... you missed the beautiful feed in the box and now that piece of shit clearance.

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Yeah.... Geuvara!!!!

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:58 PM
-----------

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
----------

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 04:00 PM
-----------

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 04:02 PM
------------

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Cat out of the bag.....BMO field official tells Mitch Peacock, expand east side, high 20's to 30 thousand seats, possible share with A R G OOOOOOOOOs....

MisterMacphisto
06-21-2008, 04:06 PM
-------------

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 04:12 PM
The adidas ad says the all star game is a sell out.

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 04:19 PM
What you got to worry about is they put more seats in than at the Air Canada Centre and move the Leafs. The Leafs are going to win the cup in 2067, 100 years after the last time.

Inswingingwingman
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Guvera's done more in 12 minutes the the offense managed in the 1st half.

Incarnate
06-21-2008, 04:44 PM
.........the hell was all that?

RPB_TFC_FAN
06-21-2008, 04:45 PM
what,
if ever a home game to miss.
this was it apparently.

RPB_TFC_FAN
the game was there for the taking , yet tfc didnt show they wanted it

Cambridge_Red
poor performance. Guevara shouldve started no brainer.

Lucky Strike
06-21-2008, 04:47 PM
In an offside call, is it the position of the body (in general) or the feet (specifically where they are relative to the defender's) that matter? If it's the latter, then Dichio was robbed as his feet were even with that of the defender but his body was leaning forward at an angle.

RPB_TFC_FAN
06-21-2008, 04:47 PM
poor performance. Guevara shouldve started no brainer.

:hump:

RPB_TFC_FAN
06-21-2008, 04:48 PM
In an offside call, is it the position of the body (in general) or the feet (specifically where they are relative to the defender's) that matter? If it's the latter, then Dichio was robbed as his feet were even with that of the defender but his body was leaning forward at an angle.

It was an off-side
Dichio took off early and was caught in an off-side position
regardless it shouldnt have been a last ditch effort to take the 3 points today, they should have came out hungry from the beginning !

Nerepis
06-21-2008, 04:54 PM
The positive thing to take for that game is I'm sure Carver will feel free to start whom ever he wants next game. We will field our best 11 men.

RPB_TFC_FAN
06-21-2008, 05:01 PM
The positive thing to take for that game is I'm sure Carver will feel free to start whom ever he wants next game. We will field our best 11 men.

Exactly , could be best possible scenerio for the team.
Carver will be forced to start our best XI in the game vs New England , and clearly will not fuck around starting players, when better players are on the bench.

Lucky Strike
06-21-2008, 05:03 PM
It was an off-side
Dichio took off early and was caught in an off-side position
regardless it shouldnt have been a last ditch effort to take the 3 points today, they should have came out hungry from the beginning !

That's not what I mean: is it specifically the feet that count or the general body position?

MFG1
06-21-2008, 05:11 PM
we left after 70 minutes, that was by far the worst game i have ever seen them play, the refs were deplorable, I F***IN hate cunningham, that lazy piece of shit, Ricketts thinks he is going to play like he did last game every game now? Robinson should lift his fuc*ing head once in a while instead of feeding it sideways to a KC player 9 times out of ten. I am so furious with that display of pure shit out there.

ManUtd4ever
06-21-2008, 05:26 PM
That was TFC's worst effort at BMO this season. I have faith in Carver's decisions but I don't agree with quality starters being benched for serving their country. It was too little too late today...

MFG1
06-21-2008, 05:31 PM
i mean Harmse over Guevara? WTF on any given day.

TFC07
06-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Most the blame should go to Carver for not starting our players who came from International duties. I thought he learned his lesson in Houston game, but I guess I was wrong.

NateDoGG
06-21-2008, 05:45 PM
damn i thought the game was on at 7pm :(
i missed it cuz i was watching the netherlands game
seems i didnt miss much tho, too bad tfc couldnt hit the back of the net

Batman
06-21-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm not a big fan of Carver's awarding the guys that don't get called up plan.

Whereas it eliminates any decision making on his part, it means we basiclly give more time to the guys that aren't good enough to be called up to a national squad.

Seems like a bad plan to me, for a squad that has so many international players.

ag futbol
06-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok here me out on this one. I thought Harmse had a decent game, however he is simply a destroying mid, he has no offensive ability. Kevin Harmse had a good game for the type of player he is, but it wasn't what we needed.

Anyway, the continuing theme for this team when things like this happen is lack of fire power and playmaking. Cunningham was crap, but the service in the first half to me looked like a bunch of shit crosses wiffed into the box. That's not going to get the job done.

NateDoGG
06-21-2008, 06:58 PM
just saw dichios goal that got called offsides, i didnt get another replay, was it really offside or not? it looked pretty close, woulda been amazing if it counted!

TFC John
06-21-2008, 07:09 PM
That's not what I mean: is it specifically the feet that count or the general body position?

Offside is when any part of the attacker other than his arms are beyond the second last defender. I haven't watched the replay but if you say his body was past then it was offside - shit.

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 07:17 PM
Cunny is showing that he thinks he gone anyways. Not putting pressure on Hartman and being there when the fat jerk spilled the ball? Inexcusable.

And the reffing in this game was horrendous. I hope we never see that Ref in BMO Field again. They were mauling Dichio all game long.

noochie
06-22-2008, 12:04 AM
KC is not as bad a team as their record suggests in my opinion. They are still only 2 or 3 wins off the pace to secure a wild card spot with over half the season still to play and having 7 of their last 8 games on the road.

That, and let's face it, this is MLS and it is a parity league. Look what DC has been able to do to turn their season around, it is not unheard of. Although granted Lopez doesn't seem to be anywhere near as lethal as Emilio in their current form.

I guess the point is that we cannot simply expect to pick up 3 points against teams simply because they are below us in the table (or at the bottom of it). The results are not always a reflection of the quality of the team and should not be taken for granted. Underestimating a team is possibly the worst mistake you can make (see: Euro '08).

Keystone FC
06-22-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm not a big fan of Carver's awarding the guys that don't get called up plan.

Whereas it eliminates any decision making on his part, it means we basiclly give more time to the guys that aren't good enough to be called up to a national squad.

Seems like a bad plan to me, for a squad that has so many international players.

I hear what you're saying Bat, but I can also see it as a rest for the Internationals who just got back from where ever and have to play against a mediocre club knowing that they face the top team next week.
I know Carver has to think of the health of the players (which has been awesome this year compared to last season) so I can see why they wouldn't be in the starting line-up. Plus, we're in a playoff race at this very moment and Carver knows it from his statements after the match. Carver wasn't thinking of todays game he was thinking of 4-5 games down the road and who we are matched up against in a very tight conference for the top 3 spots.

Lucky Strike
06-22-2008, 12:44 AM
Offside is when any part of the attacker other than his arms are beyond the second last defender. I haven't watched the replay but if you say his body was past then it was offside - shit.

I asked the question because while Dichio's feet were onside, his body was leaning ahead in an offside position.

|
|
|_____

The vertical is 0 degrees, the horizontal 90 degrees, and coordinates 0,0 (where the two lines meet) represent where Dichio's feet were (lined up onside with the defender). His body was leaning at about 30 degrees (which would here be represented with a diagonal line at a 30 degree angle from the vertical starting at 0,0) which meant he was indeed offside. The KC defender was basically caught flat footed and standing like a pylon (ie. like the 0 degree vertical line).

Hope this all makes sense and explains what I saw (from the one replay I saw).

nfitz
06-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Benching Geuvara, Edu, Marshall, Sutton, and Brenan???? Really Carver?Well to be fair, Brennan played for Canada last night. And even for Sutton, the match ended at 9:30 pm - who knows what time before they came down and slept, and then they had an 8 AM flight this morning - so were surely up by 6 AM. I'd rather have a keeper who had a good nights sleep.

As for benching Guevara and to a lesser extent Edu. That's just fucked. We'd have been better off seeing them play an entire game and have someone left to cover Dichio when he was worn out ... though a somewhat injured Dichio still seemed to cover a lot more turf than a healthy Cunningham.

Denis
06-22-2008, 03:21 AM
Disappointing performance, no doubt. However, I think the board needs a bit of perspective - last year we would have lost that match. I personally would have started Guevara, but I can understand why Carver was reluctant to. Credit to Kansas too, I thought they played reasonably well.

I'm expecting better against the Revs.

Brooker
06-22-2008, 03:31 AM
it was 90 minutes without a TFC goal.... not 800+ minutes. :D

it could be worse!

Monk
06-22-2008, 10:51 AM
I hear what you're saying Bat, but I can also see it as a rest for the Internationals who just got back from where ever and have to play against a mediocre club knowing that they face the top team next week.
I know Carver has to think of the health of the players (which has been awesome this year compared to last season) so I can see why they wouldn't be in the starting line-up. Plus, we're in a playoff race at this very moment and Carver knows it from his statements after the match. Carver wasn't thinking of todays game he was thinking of 4-5 games down the road and who we are matched up against in a very tight conference for the top 3 spots.

You da man. Saves me typing ;) It seems many armchair coaches on this board have never heard the term "resting a player". The fault of the performance lies squarely on the players on the pitch and not Carver for his selections.

-W.