PDA

View Full Version : The Bunker was rocking!

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 04:17 PM
I'd like to send my congratulations to everyone in the south-east corner of the stadium. I was sitting in the north-west corner today and it was a thing of beauty to watch the corner bring it for the full 90 minutes. You guys were coming through across the stadium crystal clear. Many chants were being done incredibly well, but the best....THE BEST was the Bounce.

As I looked around the stadium, it has become completely obvious that the engine of the stadium is coming from the corner of RPB and Usector.

It gave me goosebumps. Please, please keep it up everyone. The team is performing well and the 12th man is bringing it. This is what we have been waiting 3 years for.

ManUtd4ever
05-22-2010, 04:24 PM
I'd like to send my congratulations to everyone in the south-east corner of the stadium. I was sitting in the north-west corner today and it was a thing of beauty to watch the corner bring it for the full 90 minutes. You guys were coming through across the stadium crystal clear. Many chants were being done incredibly well, but the best....THE BEST was the Bounce.

As I looked around the stadium, it has become completely obvious that the engine of the stadium is coming from the corner of RPB and Usector.

It gave me goosebumps. Please, please keep it up everyone. The team is performing well and the 12th man is bringing it. This is what we have been waiting 3 years for.

Preach on brutha! I sit directly accross from the SE corner and I love it! BMO Field has truly been a fortress so far this season...

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
I am watching the replay now...apparently Flush has started a trend. I am seeing more "Tilley" hats in the bunker! :lol:

4evared
05-22-2010, 04:59 PM
Not a tilley roogsy.
It is a cowboy hat. Started wearing it during the last few rain games and it has become my lucky hat.
The beginning of the game in the bunker seemed a little quiet, but I have to agree with you the second half was non stop, especially after Zac paid us a visit!!!!

rocker
05-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I was sitting in the north-west corner today and it was a thing of beauty to watch the corner bring it for the full 90 minutes.

were you in a suit in 125...near the front?

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 05:04 PM
Yup, walked in late. I guess you saw me? :lol:

rocker
05-22-2010, 05:28 PM

yes.. I was like "jeez, another asshole walking down the aisle and coming late while I'm trying to watch the game... looks like he just came from a business deal.... bah!" then I saw your face and remembered it from the TFC TV video where De Ro was buggin you. I was about 10 rows back from you just off the aisle. ;)

flatpicker
05-22-2010, 05:34 PM
I wouldn't say it was our best effort, but it was pretty good.
I was disappointed that I couldn't even give away my second ticket in 111,
But the one nice thing about being on my own was I was able to move down to the bottom of 111 for the second half.
Nice to be down there for that goal.

Canada72
05-22-2010, 05:55 PM
I was in 224 today and couldn't see but what did the Steal Your Face banner at the bottom of Section 112 say and does anyone know who brought it?

Steal Your Face is my Avatar for those who don't know.

flatpicker
05-22-2010, 06:13 PM
^ I think I'm responsible for pushing that design... but I don't recall who actually painted it.

I was thinking of doing up a Steal Your Face / TFC design for personalised t-shirt.

Whoop
05-22-2010, 06:15 PM
LOL Actually it seemed like the RPB logo banner for the front of the stand was packed in the bag, so we put it up.... It fits the stand perfectly. And it's a bit of a change.

Kevvv
05-22-2010, 06:24 PM
Well done to all in the bunker. You guys lit up the joint today.

Oldtimer
05-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I wasn't at this game, and you were very loud, especially for the part of the game I heard on the radio.

Canada72
05-22-2010, 06:49 PM
^ I think I'm responsible for pushing that design... but I don't recall who actually painted it.

I was thinking of doing up a Steal Your Face / TFC design for personalised t-shirt.

Like Steal Your TFC

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 07:09 PM
yes.. I was like "jeez, another asshole walking down the aisle and coming late while I'm trying to watch the game...

Well....nobody can say you were wrong! :lol: Especially about the asshole part...

Gixmo
05-22-2010, 07:21 PM
S2cazz painted the grateful red banner

I loved my time in 112 today. Crazy. Gave it 90 mins with RPBLondon in my ear and Yeoman beating the drum.

Can I come back plz

Gixmo
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
The bounce was insane too. Everyone hopping side to side

I'm still smiling. That felt right today.

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Can I come back plz

Oh, it's an addiction my friend.

There is nothing in the stadium like being in the lower half of 112. Nothing.

Darlofletch
05-22-2010, 07:31 PM

Part time supporter! clap clap, clap clap clap!

Darlofletch
05-22-2010, 07:32 PM
and yes well done to 112/113, looked good.

well done to nee also for their zach herold two stick

flatpicker
05-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Like Steal Your TFC

That's kind of what I was thinking of.

That right... I was actually thinking it was you Gixmo... but you have jogged my memory.
I grew up with so many t-shirts and patches with that skull logo with various images inside of it, it just seemed natural to make it into a TFC picture.

Super
05-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Top of 112 was alright today. Second half definitely better than first. As usual a roof would be appreciated. :P

flatpicker
05-22-2010, 07:43 PM
...As usual a roof would be appreciated. :P

We can all dream...

Keyman
Yup 112 was very strong today, even though I saw quite a few unfamiliar faces.

We really need to start incorporating other sections now though, which I know is ambitious. That's a topic for another thread though haha

Roogsy
Part time supporter! clap clap, clap clap clap!

:lol:

Let me put it this way...at 12:30 I was in Georgetown at a baptism.

At 1:20 I was at BMO Field at my seats.

I dare anyone to pull off the same feat, especially in the middle of construction season on the Gardiner. :D

Keyman
05-22-2010, 07:56 PM

Let me put it this way...at 12:30 I was in Georgetown at a baptism.

At 1:20 I was at BMO Field at my seats.

I dare anyone to pull off the same feat, especially in the middle of construction season on the Gardiner. :D

Part time supporter. Screw the baptism. That's what a OOOOOLTRA would do.

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 07:57 PM
You don't know my mom. The hardest ultra has no chance against that woman. She's small...but she fights dirty.

Keyman
05-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Whatever excuses, excuses.

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Hey...speaking of moms Keyman...

Keyman
05-22-2010, 08:04 PM
http://willpen.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/middle-finger.jpg
ahahaha

K but all kidding aside, we miss you in 112 man! You gotta come back down there for a game!

London
05-22-2010, 08:16 PM

I loved my time in 112 today. Crazy. Gave it 90 mins with RPBLondon in my ear and Yeoman beating the drum.

Can I come back plz

many have ran form the sound of my voice!!!!

great job today everyone,

it seems we are using the first half as a warm up, just like TFC.

Whoop
05-22-2010, 08:18 PM
First half was just okay. But for some reason it's been like that all year, except the match against Montreal.

It always helps when TFC scores though. ;)

London
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
"put your shirts on or i am getting the cops"

LOL

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
K but all kidding aside, we miss you in 112 man! You gotta come back down there for a game!

I want to come back on a regular basis and add the snare drum I bought to the cocophony of drums we have now. I just have to wait until work slows down for the summer.

What I have noticed though is that 112 has seen drumming duties on Red Thunder shared among several drummers during the game. What's wrong guys? Can't last the whole game? :hump:

Roogsy
05-22-2010, 08:31 PM

LOL

I have a screen capture of you locos with your shirts off.

It's not pretty. :D

London
05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
please let the masses see the horror!!!!

james
05-22-2010, 08:57 PM
today was the first time i wasnt in 112, for the first half i was in the beer garden mainly cause i was hungover and didnt feal like singing today, but i could here the chants very clear, i wasnt sure if that how it normally sound or if it was actually louder then normal.

Gixmo
05-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Lol no shirts. I did not expect that. Quality guys.

I apologize to the two guy on my left. I did not introduce myself.

Almost home to sarnia. I'm sad. I want to go back.

james
05-22-2010, 09:20 PM
also ive noticed the bunker can sound louder and better when the rest of the stadium is rather quiet. When fans around the whole stadium are just yelling random shit it often drains out the singing from the bunker. I dont know if that was the case today or not??

clc12
05-22-2010, 10:32 PM
haha. the "no shirts" thing rocks. lol
it will look like any stadium in argentina. check out this pic.

http://www.pinchapasion.net/galeriadeimagenes/thumbs/lrg-3638-img_1191.JPG

prizby
05-22-2010, 11:06 PM
we were a little slow at the start, i still feel more ppl need to learn a few words

esp dichio chant (heard this from 111):

oh danny dichio
Danny Dichio
Danny Dichio
Danny Dichio

ppl it should be

oh danny dichio
Dichio
Dichio
Danny Dichio

scoring a goal really builds energy too, more ppl want to get involved then

also zac really brought the energy from everyone, glad he came over, wish he'd come bang a drum too :)

prizby
05-22-2010, 11:08 PM
gixmo, were you in row 5 with the flag??

i think you used my back for ppl to sign the flag :)

as for the no shirt thing, look at the picture, all those with a shirt off are thin as bones

AL-MO
05-22-2010, 11:47 PM
NEE have been doing shirts off for a while.

Craiger and I figured we'd give it a try in 112.

:scarf:

AL-MO
05-22-2010, 11:49 PM

LOL

The security was bad as usual.

Its starting to get humorous the shit they try pull on us.

billyfly
05-22-2010, 11:51 PM
NEE have been doing shirts off for a while.

Craiger and I figured we'd give it a try in 112.

:scarf:

Craiger also told me that KD does pants off if TFC score 4. Oh boy....

AL-MO
05-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Shirts off = 2 goals

After that, whole new ball game.

nascarguy
05-22-2010, 11:55 PM
Craiger also told me that KD does pants off if TFC score 4. Oh boy....
oh god no let not do that ok

nascarguy
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
Shirts off = 2 goals

After that, whole new ball game.
maybe you should make a poll :drinking:

saint2e
05-23-2010, 12:15 AM
Fiance and I were in the top half of 112 today just above the main "bouncers". What a match, and what an atmosphere. Managed to pick up a lot of the chants and sang quite a bit today. The fiance was getting into it too, which was nice to see. :)

Good job, 112/113!! BTW, did I see Zac Herold come hang out at the bottom of 113 for a bit?

AL-MO
05-23-2010, 12:18 AM
Fiance and I were in the top half of 112 today just above the main "bouncers". What a match, and what an atmosphere. Managed to pick up a lot of the chants and sang quite a bit today. The fiance was getting into it too, which was nice to see. :)

Good job, 112/113!! BTW, did I see Zac Herold come hang out at the bottom of 113 for a bit?

Yes. He also came over to the 112 capo stand.

On another note....new song....SLOOP TFC....learn it....love it!!!

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1035483#post1035483

The Oz
05-23-2010, 12:44 AM
But the one nice thing about being on my own was I was able to move down to the bottom of 111 for the second half.

ahh godammit i remember buying that seat from you twice! WHY DID I HAVE TO GO TO OTTAWA THIS WEEKEND?

The Oz
05-23-2010, 12:48 AM
we were a little slow at the start, i still feel more ppl need to learn a few words

esp dichio chant (heard this from 111):

oh danny dichio
Danny Dichio
Danny Dichio
Danny Dichio

ppl it should be

oh danny dichio
Dichio
Dichio
Danny Dichio

scoring a goal really builds energy too, more ppl want to get involved then

also zac really brought the energy from everyone, glad he came over, wish he'd come bang a drum too :)

does it really matter that much as long as people are singing along? the added 'danny's still go with the flow of the song so i really think with all the other issues we have that we should worry about that one

james
05-23-2010, 01:57 AM
shirts off is a new thing?? ive had shirts off many games over the years, exspecially in year 1 when it was like 30 degrees for half the games.

I remember 1 game last year security came and said i had to put a shirt on or else id get kicked. WTF ?? who cares its an outdoor stadium, people dont where shirts on the beach, and im pretty sure you have the right to go shirtless in public streets.

james
05-23-2010, 02:03 AM
gixmo, were you in row 5 with the flag??

i think you used my back for ppl to sign the flag :)

as for the no shirt thing, look at the picture, all those with a shirt off are thin as bones

i wouldnt say they all skin and bones more like an average build....there just not overweight and fat :D

AL-MO
05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
shirts off is a new thing?? ive had shirts off many games over the years, exspecially in year 1 when it was like 30 degrees for half the games.

I remember 1 game last year security came and said i had to put a shirt on or else id get kicked. WTF ?? who cares its an outdoor stadium, people dont where shirts on the beach, and im pretty sure you have the right to go shirtless in public streets.

Its definitely not new James. It was a bit more wide spread in 112 at the end of the game yesterday.

AL-MO
05-23-2010, 10:20 AM
does it really matter that much as long as people are singing along? the added 'danny's still go with the flow of the song so i really think with all the other issues we have that we should worry about that one

It does matter Oz.

If we don't sing our songs properly they'll sound like shit.

king dave
05-23-2010, 10:30 AM
You guys looked good yesterday.
Except Craiger should get a yellow for taking his shirt off:D.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3323/4620329492_1e5c9ee63c.jpg
KD.

eustacchio
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Lol no shirts. I did not expect that. Quality guys.

I apologize to the two guy on my left. I did not introduce myself.

Almost home to sarnia. I'm sad. I want to go back.

I believe one of them was me. (Two eyebrow rings, left eyebrow?).

Nice to meet you.

London
05-23-2010, 10:46 AM
^^^ yes, gixmo was standing between you and me.

-----
someone backed out on his promise to go shirts off, next time we might have to rip it off him.

i still dont realy understand why we went shirts off??

i guess it was a spur of the moment thing as opposed to going 2 goals up

Yeoman
05-23-2010, 10:49 AM
i wish he could have. i'd of gladly offered him the drum for a bit. probably would of played better then me.
yeah it was a very slow start in the first half, but it just slowly and slowly started getting louder.
when did security say that? i didn't hear it, that shirt stayed off till i left the stadium

AL-MO
05-23-2010, 10:57 AM
^^^ yes, gixmo was standing between you and me.

-----
someone backed out on his promise to go shirts off, next time we might have to rip it off him.

i still dont realy understand why we went shirts off??

i guess it was a spur of the moment thing as opposed to going 2 goals up

Yep. That's exactly what it was.

London
05-23-2010, 10:58 AM
^^^ he made alex and craiger put there shirts on and then came down the isle and told me and shaungho to put em on, i tried not to hear him as he was off to the side but somene tapped me on the schoulder,

our understanding is that this will be an OK way to support your team from hear on

AL-MO
05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah the filth were up to their usual shit.

WE WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH THOUGH.

Yeoman
05-23-2010, 11:05 AM
i'd of just laughed and told them good luck on kicking out a drummer

Afra
05-23-2010, 11:05 AM
I was not at the game but it sounded pretty good on tv. I think that they have moved the mics a little further away this season because you could not really hear anyone individually but you could hear the group loud and clear enough to make out what chants/songs you were doing. Good on all of you.

AL-MO
05-23-2010, 11:07 AM
i'd of just laughed and told them good luck on kicking out a drummer

My response is usually to ignore the meathead security. Unless its Elio or Fab. I'll listen to what they say :D

Yeoman
05-23-2010, 11:12 AM
yeah those guys i'll listen to since they're straight shooters

Mark in Ottawa
05-23-2010, 11:13 AM
You were all looking great and sounding great on the TV coverage.
They did a quick cut away to the capo stand when Zac Herrold was visiting and mentioned him... that was all class.

Was confusing though... Parkdale has a Red shirt on at one point and then suddenly it was white one! I mean it had to be a white shirt right... no one could have skin tone that light :rolleyes:

Brooker
05-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Had to sell my tickets for this game but watched it on TV. The bunker looked great. my favorite was 23:13. It came across LOUD AND CLEAR and it brought a huge smile to my face. One too many "Danny's" though. hehe.

Regardless, great job!

btw... checked out the guys doing the game on F590, now i know why everybody says they're exciting to listen to. really good job by them also.

james
05-23-2010, 07:56 PM
Had to sell my tickets for this game but watched it on TV. The bunker looked great. my favorite was 23:13. It came across LOUD AND CLEAR and it brought a huge smile to my face. One too many "Danny's" though. hehe.

Regardless, great job!

btw... checked out the guys doing the game on F590, now i know why everybody says they're exciting to listen to. really good job by them also.

Now if sportsnet can get new and exciting comentaters games would be more fun to watch on TV.

TFCRegina
05-23-2010, 08:05 PM

I had posted something in the ticket trader, but I had obtained a ticket before you put those up I think. I'd have taken a free ticket over a $40 one. :P

DichioTFC
05-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Zac deserves the credit. before he came it was pretty good, but while he was there the energy level just went through the roof (no pun intended).

but still, first game in 113 this season and it was one of the best, noise-wise.

Gixmo
05-24-2010, 10:20 AM
The yellow jacket at the front of 112 at the capo stand seemed particularly fired up for some reason? I don't know what the heck happened with him Sat AM but clearly he was looking to unleash it on someone all game long.

It was nice to meet alot of new faces, I'll come back to 112 - It was phenomenal. The bounce was ballin!

NateDoGG
05-24-2010, 10:30 AM
anyone get a video of the bounce?

T.O TILL I DIE
05-24-2010, 04:36 PM
did anyone get a vid of the fans that game?