PDA

View Full Version : Crew Top of the East

anto7
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Crew took over top spot in the east tonight after beating New York 3-1 at Red Bull Arena. Good news is that if we win on Sat we would only be 2 pts behind 2nd place Red Bulls.
Galaxy currently lead Dallas 0-1 at 75 mins.
In a friendly game today Chicago lost 0-1 to Paris S.G.

James17930
05-20-2010, 09:09 PM
I was actually hoping for a draw out of this game. Oh well.

Darlofletch
05-20-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm ok with the result. I figure columbus is definitely going to be up there anyway, New York has the potential to slide down the table and behind TFC, so good to see their quick start unravel a bit.

James17930
05-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I'm ok with the result. I figure columbus is definitely going to be up there anyway, New York has the potential to slide down the table and behind TFC, so good to see their quick start unravel a bit.

That's true -- if this sends NY into a fall then it's good for us.

anto7
05-20-2010, 09:31 PM
No Donovan and Buddle but still another win for Galaxy, 1-0 the final at Dallas. That's 26 out of a possible 30 points so far. Still can't believe we went into their house and came out with a draw.

anto7
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Agree, Crew are 7 points ahead of us and have still played a game less. May as well let them beat everyone and concentrate on fighting for the automatic 2nd play off spot.

Keystone FC
05-21-2010, 04:43 AM
Fuck The Crew!

zamperina
05-21-2010, 07:04 AM
Apparently the crew are off to there best start in team history and haven't lost a game. They like all teams will eventually run into a losing streak so hopefully we can stay close to them and give them a run.

TFCRegina
05-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Good to see LA doing well, it'll probably increase the league profile if the US does well in South Africa. We need a dynasty in this league...

But fuck the Crew.

TFC John
05-21-2010, 07:29 AM
I agree - Fuck the Crew.

However, strategically for us it would be better if they kept on winning. Let them suck up all the points they can and deny points to any of our other competition. In the playoffs it comes down to which team has a winning record over a 2 game home and away. So, let the Crew (or Galaxy) win the Supporters Shield. We just need to be ready to win when the playoffs arrive.

maninb
05-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Yup f*ck the Crew...but I have to say I'm VERY impressed with their depth...missing their 3 top players and they still crush NY away from home!!! Damn if we were missing DeGuz, deRo, and Nana we'd get massacred....but still if the Crew run away with the division, it'll just bring teams back to us...

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Fuck the Crew.

That being said, our best chance for a playoff run is to come in second in the East and get that 3rd / 4th seed. NYRB's start was simply not sustainable. Between now and the time we play then (mid Aug, back to back), the playoff picture will have greater clarity. Hopefully we can get into the East second spot and let the Energy Drinks fight it out for 7th / 8th

Toronto Gunner
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
NYRB will definitely fade... unless they get a sudden resurgence from the signing of a certain french superstar... Gawd I hope that doesn't happen!

Parkdale
05-21-2010, 08:08 AM
NYRB will definitely fade... unless they get a sudden resurgence from the signing of a certain french superstar... Gawd I hope that doesn't happen!

you and me both!

I'm sure it would tear at your very core (as a Gunner) to see Henry playing against us, and for NYRB at that!

GhostKiller
05-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Fuck the Crew.

This message sponsored by Carls Jr.http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID13890/images/carls_jr.jpg

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 12:03 PM

I still don't think the signing of Henry in of itself will be the saving grace that some are making it out to be. Henry will need time to adjust to have an impact IMO. I think in the mean time we can win at home and take the road draw vs. NYRB

TheRenter
05-23-2010, 02:04 PM
^Amen..

..and why is this shite posted in the Toronto FC Forum, and not the MLS News Section..??

Fcuk columbus