PDA

View Full Version : Stefan Frei Approved Pre-Game Thread: TFC vs. New England Revolution (May 22nd)

TFC USA
05-20-2010, 11:28 AM
1 PM kickoff for this one. We'll probably see a very different lineup from last night's and we're at home, where we're undefeated and sport the shittiest gameday weather of any MLS team this season.

This is a rematch of an earlier game in New England, where Nick Garcia Nick Garcia'd TFC to defeat.....:facepalm:

Please don't let him start and we win. :scarf:

razor787
05-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Figures... First game I go to this season, and DeRo is approved to go to Argentina, and DeGuz is out injured... Thank god we atleast have Barrett with us still...

Gixmo
05-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Don't you jinx the weather!!!! It's going to be spectacular outside.

If it is not, It your fault. 100%

Super
05-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Maybe if we have 15 home games with low attendance this season due to rain we'll actually get a roof. Would be worth the suffering.

jloome
05-20-2010, 11:50 AM
1 PM kickoff for this one. We'll probably see a very different lineup from last night's and we're at home, where we're undefeated and sport the shittiest gameday weather of any MLS team this season.

This is a rematch of an earlier game in New England, where Nick Garcia Nick Garcia'd TFC to defeat.....:facepalm:

AS improved as he looked wide against Montreal, he looked nervous as shit last night. On the first Vancouver free kick after he'd entered, he rushed up to mark a Whitecap hovering at the edge of the box....only to have the guy sprint off before he got there (already marked), and leaving Garcia standing, alone, at the top of the box when the kick was actually taken.

It was so bad it was sad.

__wowza
05-20-2010, 11:53 AM
Don't you jinx the weather!!!! It's going to be spectacular outside.

If it is not, It your fault. 100%

I'd blame parkdale..

pekduck
05-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Anyone know which hotel the Rev is staying? :D

razor787
05-20-2010, 11:56 AM
^That just gave me a thought...

The edge, during the Juniors in BC this year, had called up the US team during the night, waking them up, and pissing them off.

Might be a good advantage if we called up the Revs :P

Technorgasm
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Fire Frei. . . he fuckin Sucks ass chunks.. .

freakin Swiss twat. . . . . . .

Conway rules.

BuSaPuNk
05-20-2010, 11:59 AM
Can't wait for the game. First one in the bunker!!!

I'm hoping for a result this weekend. NE killed us last time in Boston. I think we would be good with a tie in this game. But I think it's 2-1 or 3-1 TFC.

pekduck
05-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Can't wait for the game. First one in the bunker!!!

I'm hoping for a result this weekend. Garcia killed us last time in Boston. I think we would be good with a tie in this game. But I think it's 2-1 or 3-1 TFC.

fixed...:D

BuSaPuNk
05-20-2010, 12:16 PM
fixed...:D

True that. :facepalm:

Oh well, lets hope Preki played Garcia last night so that he won't see the pitch at all this weekend.

pekduck
05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
^
that's what i'm hoping too... that and he took of nana for rest

Auzzy
05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Preki also said in the post-game last night, that Nana had a slight knock or tightness & they took him off as a precaution. I hope he will be OK for the weekend, and it doesn't turn out to be anything more serious.

BuSaPuNk
05-20-2010, 12:32 PM
^ Probably just from playing so much in the last week or two. The guys been a warrior out there for us. Hopefully he is fit to play this weekend.

nascarguy
05-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Fire Frei. . . he fuckin Sucks ass chunks.. .

freakin Swiss twat. . . . . . .

Conway rules.
your crazy......lol

Ageroo
05-20-2010, 12:48 PM
Anyone know which hotel the Rev is staying? :D

My buddy I work with said he always see the players staying at the Skydome(Rogers Centre) hotel.......in case you are wondering. ;)

pekduck
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
^
LA Galaxy June, G20, That's within the security zone...

T_Mizz
05-20-2010, 01:05 PM
^That just gave me a thought...

The edge, during the Juniors in BC this year, had called up the US team during the night, waking them up, and pissing them off.

Might be a good advantage if we called up the Revs :P
How did that work out again?

Ageroo
05-20-2010, 01:13 PM
^

I'm just sayin'....that is where he has seen all the other teams stay...I assume the Galaxy will be put up somewhere else...

VoxPopuliCosmicum
05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
True that. :facepalm:

Oh well, lets hope Preki played Garcia last night so that he won't see the pitch at all this weekend.

Except Usanov's suspended for this game, leaving either Garcia or Gargan as the sole remaining option at RB (unless Harden's available). Still would rather see Gargan at RB than Garcia, but with DeRo and DeGuz unavailable, Gargan may be needed in mid.

The difference between last night (where Garcia was worrying) and the two games prior to last night (where Garcia was relatively effective) was that last night he was CB.

BuSaPuNk
05-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Except Usanov's suspended for this game, leaving either Garcia or Gargan as the sole remaining option at RB (unless Harden's available). Still would rather see Gargan at RB than Garcia, but with DeRo and DeGuz unavailable, Gargan may be needed in mid.

The difference between last night (where Garcia was worrying) and the two games prior to last night (where Garcia was relatively effective) was that last night he was CB.

That is true forgot about Usanov's suspension. Yeah we would have to use Garcia I guess. I would like to see Gargan play in the mid instead of in the back.

Detroit_TFC
05-20-2010, 03:25 PM
i2XTuc6i1Uo

LesH
05-21-2010, 04:03 AM
I'm very worried about this game...

These explain all:
1. No Dero and JDG
2. We'll be even more tired than in Vancouver
3. Garcia probably will start

In these conditions I would be very happy and would consider a great performance a 1-0 win, in a very low quality game (again!), in which we had only 3 scoring chances and 2 shots on goal.
But realistically, a draw is more to be expected, 0-0 or 1-1.

I hope I'm wrong...

Shakes McQueen
05-21-2010, 05:27 AM
Given the players we will be without for this one, I'd be content with a draw, and thrilled with a win.

- Scott

Red CB Toronto
05-21-2010, 08:16 AM
^

The LA Galaxy have stayed at the King Edward in the past.

Chevy
05-21-2010, 08:27 AM
Game Weather Forecast

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/IFB_MLS/hometeam/:Toronto_FC.html?st=1274533200

We have seen worse...

LesH
05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Game Weather Forecast

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/IFB_MLS/hometeam/:Toronto_FC.html?st=1274533200

We have seen worse...

Chance of rain 50%?
Again possible rain? This is getting ridiculous...

saint2e
05-21-2010, 09:18 AM
My fiance and I will be there! Last game we were at it rained too. I'm beginning to think we're bad luck, weather-wise. But we won 2-0 that day, so...

In any case, we're in Section 112, Row 18... Looking to get a little rowdy. :)

Carts
05-21-2010, 09:29 AM
With no DeRo, Barrett will really need to work his ass off out there - which we all know he will. Getting a full 100% out of him is never an issue...

In the middle - this could be tough...

This season, whenever one of our defenders, or other midfielders is pressured, they immediately look to JDG and fire him the ball whether he's marked or not - that option isn't there... Previously when he's missed games, DeRo has hustled back every play to become that option - that option isn't there...

So, who will step up and fill this HUGE void for us...?

Gonna be a big adjustment, but just the break one of our players need to impress the staff and garner some more time, or more responsibility on the pitch...

Carts...

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 09:30 AM
only game in 113 this season!!! Looking to make it LOUD!!!

Given the players we will be without for this one, I'd be content with a draw, and thrilled with a win.

- Scott

My thoughts exactly.

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 09:34 AM
With no DeRo, Barrett will really need to work his ass off out there - which we all know he will. Getting a full 100% out of him is never an issue...

This season, whenever one of our defenders, or other midfielders is pressured, they immediately look to JDG and fire him the ball whether he's marked or not - that option isn't there... Previously when he's missed games, DeRo has hustled back every play to become that option - that option isn't there...

Gonna be a big adjustment, but just the break one of our players need to impress the staff and garner some more time, or more responsibility on the pitch...

Carts...

I'm looking forward to this match, it'll be great to see how the boys cope without our two stars.

LaBrocca has to be our star midfielder this game. Here's hoping Peterson can play a full 90 and we get some quality output from him.

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 09:38 AM
My buddy I work with said he always see the players staying at the Skydome(Rogers Centre) hotel.......in case you are wondering. ;)

It will be the SkyDome hotel... the question is not if but what.
:D

billyfly
05-21-2010, 09:46 AM
How many people will leave at HT to go watch CL?

rocker
05-21-2010, 10:18 AM
How many people will leave at HT to go watch CL?

not me... I have no connection to either Ac Milan or Bayern.

Actually, the last two champs league games I tried to watch (before turning off the TV) were the shittiest CL semi games I've ever seen (the Milan bunker game, and the Bayern vs that french team). I honestly don't care.

I'm pumped to see TFC though!

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 10:20 AM
not me... I have no connection to either Ac Milan or Bayern.

Actually, the last two champs league games I tried to watch (before turning off the TV) were the shittiest CL games I've ever seen (the Milan bunker game, and the Bayern vs that french team). I honestly don't care.

I'm pumped to see TFC though!

Do you have a connection to Internazionale by any chance? ;)

rocker
05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Do you have a connection to Internazionale by any chance? ;)

haha.. oops!

see I can't get the italian team right and don't even remember the name of the french team Bayern played.

obviously I don't give a shit!

Give me my TFC vs Revolution.

Dave67
05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Nana*, Cann & Frei are all becoming monsters and will save the day. 1-0 win TFC.

* if Nana does not play we are screwed

Super
05-21-2010, 11:02 AM
It's a shame that FO decided that the game had to be played early for a number of reasons. 1) The biggest club-game of the year is on at 2:45. 2) An evening game would give the players more time to recover from the last game.

I'll personally stay for the full TFC game, but I understand if there are people who want to catch the CL-final, and will stay home or leave the game early. Also, I guess it's supposed to rain again, so it'll probably be half-empty at BMO.

razor787
05-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Crap weather, CL final, missing our two star players, and there will still be more fans then half the teams in the league usually get.

Super
05-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Crap weather, CL final, missing our two star players, and there will still be more fans then half the teams in the league usually get.

It's a shame that they decided to place the game at 1pm as it's going to be clear in the evening. We could've had the CL final, a better rested TFC, and a full stadium in the evening.

But no. It has to be at 1pm. Hopefully TFC will make a lot of cash on the CBC airing I guess.

MKR
05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
how are a few hours going to change how rested the team will be? nice reach.

Carts
05-21-2010, 12:06 PM
It's a shame that they decided to place the game at 1pm as it's going to be clear in the evening. We could've had the CL final, a better rested TFC, and a full stadium in the evening.

But no. It has to be at 1pm. Hopefully TFC will make a lot of cash on the CBC airing I guess.

When will people realize that moving a game IS NOT EASY...

When the schedule is set, and you want to change the game, the following groups/agencies need to all agree & be able to accommodate:
Major League Soccer
Toronto FC
New England Revolution
BMO Field (staffing)
Toronto FC broadcaster (CBC)
New England Revolution broadcaster (NESN or whoever)

That's alot of groups all needing to be able to change...

We all say "TFC should play at night so they can rest". New England might have said '...sorry, we have flights and schedules set that fit our schedule of upcoming games..."

At the same time CBC could have said "...sorry, no time slot available Saturday night..."

At the same time MLS might have said "...no, currently the schedule allows for all games to be viewed on direct kick, this causes conflict..."

At the same time the BMO security team could have said "...sorry, our staff are on another assignment Saturday night..."

ITS NOT THAT EASY TO JUST MOVE A GAME TO WHENEVER YOU WANT...!!!

Carts...

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 12:09 PM

When the schedule is set, and you want to change the game, the following groups/agencies need to all agree & be able to accommodate:
Major League Soccer
Toronto FC
New England Revolution
BMO Field (staffing)

We all say "TFC should play at night so they can rest". New England might have said '...sorry, we have flights and schedules set that fit our schedule of upcoming games..."

At the same time CBC could have said "...sorry, no time slot available Saturday night..."

At the same time MLS might have said "...no, currently the schedule allows for all games to be viewed on direct kick, this causes conflict..."

At the same time the BMO security team could have said "...sorry, our staff are on another assignment Saturday night..."

Carts...

The politics surrounding changing a game time is ridiculously hard. I appreciate the FO for acknowledging the demand the UEFA game will have.

Watching ending > Watching beginning

romburgundy
05-21-2010, 12:12 PM

Carts...

I look to get a big game out of Labroca to fill the JDG void and Sanyang needs to step up too.

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Nana*, Cann & Frei are all becoming monsters and will save the day. 1-0 win TFC.

In light of the rest after this game, I think CanNana plays the full 90.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Garcia alongside Sanyang as our two DMFs:hide:

--------------Frei----------------
--Gargan--CanNana---Hscanovics--
-------Garcia---Sanyang---------
-Labrocca-----------------Cronin--
------Barrett------OBW-----------

or 451 with Barrett playing the DeRo role (Barrett has shown a killer through ball)

pekduck
05-21-2010, 12:18 PM

Major League Soccer
Toronto FC
New England Revolution
BMO Field (staffing)

Carts...

:drum:

however Carts... angry mob typically shoots the messenger of reason and rationality :rolleyes:

DichioTFC
05-21-2010, 12:26 PM
:drum:

however Carts... angry mob typically shoots the messenger of reason and rationality :rolleyes:

Oh, if only Carts were that messenger
:D

Super
05-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Come on people, wake up and stop kissing FO's ass. MOST games in this league are played at night. We play early games because of CBC's demands. Period. Look at our season schedule and you will find that we play, on average, at an earlier time than any of the other teams in the MLS. You honestly think this is the MLS doing that to us?

Nope. It's been requested by FO.

Also, PB said himself earlier that he wasn't aware of the CL final start time (what you get when you have a non-football person running a football club), and when he was made aware of it he said it was too late to move the game due to CBC. Then a little later he changed the game to 1pm. WTF?

Nuvinho
05-21-2010, 12:44 PM
First and only game of the season (I hope), that I will be missing.....people gotta stop scheduling weddings on TFC gamedays.

Carts
05-21-2010, 01:33 PM
Come on people, wake up and stop kissing FO's ass. MOST games in this league are played at night. We play early games because of CBC's demands. Period. Look at our season schedule and you will find that we play, on average, at an earlier time than any of the other teams in the MLS. You honestly think this is the MLS doing that to us?

Nope. It's been requested by FO.

Also, PB said himself earlier that he wasn't aware of the CL final start time (what you get when you have a non-football person running a football club), and when he was made aware of it he said it was too late to move the game due to CBC. Then a little later he changed the game to 1pm. WTF?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! HAHAHAHAH!!

I list TFC as 1-of-6 groups/teams/broadcasters/etc that has to agree on a game-time change and I'm "kissing the FO's ass"...

PRICELESS - PURE PRICELESS...!!!

Then we get "We play early games because of CBC's demands"...

Ummm, OBVIOUSLY WE DO!!!! There isn't a team in this league that would say "...you want to air us, nationally, over the air, so anyone in the country can watch us for free? no thanks..."

Post of the year - POST OF THE YEAR!!!

Carts...

Miko
05-21-2010, 01:42 PM

I list TFC as 1-of-6 groups/teams/broadcasters/etc that has to agree on a game-time change and I'm "kissing the FO's ass"...

Ummm, OBVIOUSLY WE DO!!!! There isn't a team in this league that would say "...you want to air us, nationally, over the air, so anyone in the country can watch us for free? no thanks..."

Carts...

Also, don't we play early games because that's what the fans want? Hell, even the RPB poll is 70% in favour of early games with the exception of July and August.

Super
05-21-2010, 02:22 PM

Carts...

Wow, that must have been a good laugh. You even put it in bold, and you did the "bwahaha"-thing, too. Clever. First of all, I didn't say that you individually were kissing FO's ass - but maybe you are? I don't know, I don't stalk you around this board. You were instead making excuses for them. I see that on here all the time - excuses as to why we can't have a roof, a better friendly, lower ticket-prices, scalpers removed from supporters section, etc.. Excuses work as a great shield for FO - because it takes away all pressure. So well done!

Fact is, I'm not pleased with the timing of this game, and it's going to make it really difficult for me (and most others) to watch much or any of the CL final. That's an issue for me. Acknowledge the fact that tomorrow is the biggest day in football (club-level) and deserves the attention of every single footy-lover in the world, period. That's the issue here! Not getting our game shown in Winnipeg - as nice as that may be.

Super
05-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Also, don't we play early games because that's what the fans want? Hell, even the RPB poll is 70% in favour of early games with the exception of July and August.

Incorrect. I just checked, and 31% want 7:30 as start while another 30% want 3-4pm start (except in the summer, where they want 7:30). So overall, the majority would be most happy with evening games.

10% want 1pm games.

But what does it matter, FO doesn't listen to us. And if they are, someone tell me ONE situation where they have gone well out of their way to give in to one of our demands (and a demand made only by us, and not everybody connected to TFC - like with the grass).

Carts
05-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Wow, that must have been a good laugh. You even put it in bold, and you did the "bwahaha"-thing, too. Clever. First of all, I didn't say that you individually were kissing FO's ass - but maybe you are? I don't know, I don't stalk you around this board. You were instead making excuses for them. I see that on here all the time - excuses as to why we can't have a roof, a better friendly, lower ticket-prices, scalpers removed from supporters section, etc.. Excuses work as a great shield for FO - because it takes away all pressure. So well done!

Fact is, I'm not pleased with the timing of this game, and it's going to make it really difficult for me (and most others) to watch much or any of the CL final. That's an issue for me. Acknowledge the fact that tomorrow is the biggest day in football (club-level) and deserves the attention of every single footy-lover in the world, period. That's the issue here! Not getting our game shown in Winnipeg - as nice as that may be.

Its scary that a reply made you think of proclaiming you're not a stalker...

Very scary........

I'd laugh, but you seemed to like that...

Carts... :D

rocker
05-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Incorrect. I just checked, and 31% want 7:30 as start while another 30% want 3-4pm start (except in the summer, where they want 7:30). So overall, the majority would be most happy with evening games.

10% want 1pm games.

I think he means "early" as earlier than evening.

Clearly the majority of the respondents are "happy" with afternoon more than evening start times. The poll has only one clear evening option, and only 31% picked it. All the other options in the poll begin with afternoon start times, and those options dominate the poll results.

Personally I prefer earlier than evening start times on weekends because it leaves my weekend evenings free for family, friends, etc.

Super
05-21-2010, 02:58 PM
I think he means "early" as earlier than evening.

Clearly the majority of the respondents are "happy" with afternoon more than evening start times. The poll has only one clear evening option, and only 31% picked it. All the other options in the poll begin with afternoon start times, and those options dominate the poll results.

Personally I prefer earlier than evening start times on weekends because it leaves my weekend evenings free for family, friends, etc.

Actually the majority chose 7:30. Fact! No other single time got a bigger number. What is left out of this whole thing is the fact that evening games bring much better atmosphere. Now, this being a supporters message board, you'd think that most people would want a situation where the atmopshere is at its best. It makes a big difference.

Worst atmosphere is usually early games. Half the people are not even properly awake yet.

I'd like to see a poll from people in 111-114. It's usually us that bring the bulk of the atmosphere. If I was to sit in a family section I'd probably want 1pm too.

GhostKiller
05-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Here is the problem...
Games that start at 4 mean I can't work that day. So I booze. Then by the time the game is done at 6:00 I'm wasted. Don't feel like eating when I'm already wasted so I decide to a) take a nap and fuck my night up, or b) keep boozing. If I keep boozing then I'll need a pick me up, so I'll need some designer drugs. Thats not cheap. Then you have to share with your friends because you don't want to be the only one rolling... that just sad. Next thing you know your in some shady after hours around dufferin with no money, no drugs, and a heavly stained tfc jersey.
I assume you all have the same problem.

boozilla
05-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Just saw some Revs players jogging underneath the Gardiner. Who does that?

LesH
05-21-2010, 05:07 PM

Yes but 2 players in the midfield and/or attack need to have a big shoving too for TFC to have chance for victory.

LesH
05-21-2010, 05:11 PM
how are a few hours going to change how rested the team will be? nice reach.

6 hours difference (if the game was at 7) would have made a difference in such a short time after Wednesday's game, trust me! ;)

WestStandGeoff
05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Actually the majority chose 7:30. Fact! No other single time got a bigger number.

Majority = More than 50%

Still more people who chose something other than 7:30... So a plurality picked 7:30, not a majority.

Super
05-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Majority = More than 50%

Still more people who chose something other than 7:30... So a plurality picked 7:30, not a majority.

Yes, of course, plurality. I'd still say a majority would be more than happy with night games - seeing as a good portion said 3-4pm (with 7:30 during the summer). Now that it's warmer outside I'm sure you'll find an actual majority wanting night games.

Night games have historically been the very best days for atmosphere. And since of course we're supporters on this board that's something we should care very deeply about (otherwise, we might as well sit outside of the supporters section).

Either way, doesn't matter. Like I said, we have zero say on this issue with FO. CBC makes that decision.

jloome
05-21-2010, 08:12 PM
I figure Labrocca has to take on our playmaking role, although it might be worth trying Gabe Gala behind a lone striker, as he's looked much more dangerous going forward than back.

Stryker
05-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Since when the hell does Garcia play the right side?
Are you people on crack?

Back line will be Gargan-Nana-Cann-Hscanovics

Blizzard
05-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Since when the hell does Garcia play the right side?
Are you people on crack?

Back line will be Gargan-Nana-Cann-Hscanovics

Flip it. Hscanovics at LB and Gargan at RB.

BayernTFC
05-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Flip it. Hscanovics at LB and Gargan at RB.
I think it can depend on which way you look at it. I'd like to see this formation tomorrow:

--------------Frei------------------
--Gargan--Nana-Cann--Hscanovics--
-------Cronin------Sanyang---------
-Saric---------------------Labrocca-
------------------Peterson----------
----------Barrett--------------------

or it could be presented:

------------------Barrett-----------
----------Peterson-----------------
-Labrocca--------------------Saric-
-------Sanyang--------Cronin------
-Hscanovics--Cann-Nana--Gargan---
----------------Frei----------------

Stryker does have Cann next to Hscanovics and Nana next to Gargan, so I think that he is just presenting his thoughts the way I showed mine in the first example.

Miko
05-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Actually the majority chose 7:30. Fact! No other single time got a bigger number. What is left out of this whole thing is the fact that evening games bring much better atmosphere. Now, this being a supporters message board, you'd think that most people would want a situation where the atmopshere is at its best. It makes a big difference.

Worst atmosphere is usually early games. Half the people are not even properly awake yet.

I'd like to see a poll from people in 111-114. It's usually us that bring the bulk of the atmosphere. If I was to sit in a family section I'd probably want 1pm too.

How is 31% a majority? I prefer evening games but only a third of RPB's do and we're the die hards.

If you polled casual fans - they would more than likely choose afternoon games. Look at the Jays attendance - highest attended games outside of Boston or the Yankees are weekend games that start at 12:30

James17930
05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
How is 31% a majority? I prefer evening games but only a third of RPB's do and we're the die hards.

If you polled casual fans - they would more than likely choose afternoon games. Look at the Jays attendance - highest attended games outside of Boston or the Yankees are weekend games that start at 12:30

That's because most people who watch baseball are up at 6:00 am (as in, they're old ;) )

I think 7:30 would have been better for this game too.

But no worrying about it now -- all the supporters just have to go out there and do their best.

nascarguy
05-21-2010, 11:08 PM

what the hell you change it back to 1pm oh well there will be alot of seats not used. Champions League final start at 2:45. I was plan on showing up at 2pm. tfc you are so dumd :picard:

shwade
05-21-2010, 11:14 PM
what the hell the change it back to 1pm well it will alot of seats not used Champions League final start at 2:45. I was plan on showing up at 2pm. tfc you so dumd :picard:
hahhaha awesome

Yagbod
05-21-2010, 11:22 PM
-Spend an extra 12-20 bucks a month and get a PVR. Tape the game and watch it at your leisure later that night. Done.

-Also from the 'Possibly Good News Department': CityTV bald guy reporter reports that JDG may play on Saturday. They showed footage of him training today. No kidding.

I cannot fathom why he would play on Sat,but not in Arg.... but that is the report.

nascarguy
05-21-2010, 11:27 PM
hahhaha awesome
opps....lol I fix it

nascarguy
05-21-2010, 11:30 PM
tfc fo dumd move

04/06/10

Toronto FC announced Tuesday that their regularly scheduled match against the New England Revolution on Saturday, May 22 will now kick off at 1p.m. ET instead of the originally scheduled time of 4 p.m. ET.
< ( fucking lie 1pm was printed on season tickets)

The change was made after hearing from Toronto’s passionate supporters who would like to witness both the UEFA Champions League final and the Toronto FC – New England matchup.

nascarguy
05-22-2010, 12:25 AM
tfc head office

http://www.potstuck.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/trainwreck.jpg

TheKing7
05-22-2010, 01:28 AM
Tomorrow is a fucking smashing day of football.
- THE PLAYOFF!!!
- TFC
- Champions League
Can't Wait!

Shakes McQueen
05-22-2010, 02:17 AM
-Also from the 'Possibly Good News Department': CityTV bald guy reporter reports that JDG may play on Saturday. They showed footage of him training today. No kidding.

I cannot fathom why he would play on Sat,but not in Arg.... but that is the report.

Perhaps his questionable, game-time status caused the CMNT to pass over him for this game. I assume the selection for the Argentina friendly isn't something they can leave to the last minute, whereas JDG would be getting physio for his injury in Toronto anyway.

At any rate, if he can play, it'll be a big stroke of luck for us.

- Scott

Broadview
05-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Boston Globe says Sharlie Joseph will play today:

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2010/05/22/joseph_returns_to_revolution/

Today, as always, no throwing beer.

Mikey
05-22-2010, 07:15 AM
So after his performance in Boston, the Revs fans are praying for Garcia to start, so that their team can "walk past him" and score.

Nice....:(:facepalm:

Technorgasm
05-22-2010, 07:42 AM
Boston Globe says Sharlie Joseph will play today:

http://www.boston.com/sports/soccer/articles/2010/05/22/joseph_returns_to_revolution/

Today, as always, no throwing beer.

Holy fuck. . . bad timing. . .. .we lose our best 2 players and they get their best back for the first time. His absence is why they have not won a freakin game. .Luckily they have come off a really tough stretch of schedule, like us. . its almost a must win for them. .they will hopefully come at us, stretch thin. .and we can counter. . NAN to SANYANG . to CHAD - STRETCH THE ONION BAG !!

Safe betTwellman, Reis, Vidiera, EJ and Osei will not play. Barnes possibly. As of right now, I'd say out enemies set up looks like this: ( I hope they put dube up front alone. . he has proven inneffective there)

.......................................Burpo

alston...............Gibbs..................Phelan ...........Sinovic

......................Provic...........Joseph..... ...........

Nyassi..................Tierney................... ....Boggs

............................Dube

No doubt Sanyang, Gala and Labroca will be the key to feeding balls up to BArret and White. . . I hope preky sees that the revs are in shambles having not won a SINGLE game since beating us 4-1. .

============= Frei==============

Usanov == NAna == Cann == Hscanovics

Saric == Sanyang == Cronin == Labrocca

====== White == CHAD ==========

Usanov and Saric seem to be a good pairing on that side. . . all the revs speed will be up their left.. .. Labrocca will have to be on point for corners and set pieces and hopefully we get lucky with a cross in the first half.. .maybe swith Cronin for PEterson. . Cronins minutes have been spotty as of late.. .

Technorgasm
05-22-2010, 07:46 AM
I think it can depend on which way you look at it. I'd like to see this formation tomorrow:

--------------Frei------------------
--Gargan--Nana-Cann--Hscanovics--
-------Cronin------Sanyang---------
-Saric---------------------Labrocca-
------------------Peterson----------
----------Barrett--------------------

Peterson in the hole and barret alone huh?
I think there is a VERY good chance this is what we will see. . I still would like white and Chad on at the same time. . punich them from the start. .

Gargan over Usanov? thats a mistake. .

Super
05-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Alright, it's game day. 8:46am, showered and ready to go meet the lads for pre-game and it's a fucking Saturday. Ugh. I'm going to have to kick my ass to feel properly motivated for this early one. After that it'll be a race to get to a pub that will show BOTH the Canadiens and the CL-final (whatever will be left of it I guess). It's just one of those days where the schedule is fucked up for most of us.

Great news about the possible start of JDG, though.

loconet
05-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Just saw some Revs players jogging underneath the Gardiner. Who does that?

That's because my little cousin had BMO booked for her birthday party.

Technorgasm
05-22-2010, 07:58 AM
I work with HIs Step brother. . he will not be playing. . .

nascarguy
05-22-2010, 08:03 AM
i do not give a shit about the losers from montreal today it's all about the Champions League - final & toronto fc

TheKing7
05-22-2010, 08:16 AM
i do not give a shit about the losers from montreal today it's all about the Champions League - final & toronto fc

haha i was referring to the Playoff in England.. Cardiff v. Blackpool
most expensive football game of the year... $80M+ lies to the winner in the premiership next year

AL-MO
05-22-2010, 08:23 AM
2-1 Win.

Goals by OBW and Barrett.

Broadview
05-22-2010, 09:00 AM
Gargan over Usanov? thats a mistake. .

Max is suspended for this one due to card accumulation. It'll be interesting to see who gets slotted in there...Gargan, Cronin, or maybe the great Garcia at fullback experiment continues.

nascarguy
05-22-2010, 09:11 AM
haha i was referring to the Playoff in England.. Cardiff v. Blackpool
most expensive football game of the year... $80M+ lies to the winner in the premiership next year
I hope Cardiff wins it would be nice to see Cardiff in the EPL

ua-kozak_TFC
05-22-2010, 09:41 AM
tfc fo dumd move

04/06/10

Toronto FC announced Tuesday that their regularly scheduled match against the New England Revolution on Saturday, May 22 will now kick off at 1p.m. ET instead of the originally scheduled time of 4 p.m. ET.
< ( fucking lie 1pm was printed on season tickets)

The change was made after hearing from Toronto’s passionate supporters who would like to witness both the UEFA Champions League final and the Toronto FC – New England matchup.
I posted in an other thread .. that this is an MLS plot to increase MLS viewership/fans... by schedulling seattle and tfc right before and right after the CL final... That is freaking BS... that the loyal fans have to be used at the league's expense... DOn garber is a freaking idiot.. how about he works to increase the quality of the players on the pitch and thus increasing viewershipp... after watching cl final... watching mls is like watching pain dry...

Oldtimer
05-22-2010, 12:06 PM
game thread: http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22737