PDA

View Full Version : Cbc Sports Soccer Plus, Fri. May 14th

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 02:48 PM
CBCSports.ca invites fans to join Nigel Reed and John F. Molinaro for CBC Sports Soccer Plus+, a live and interactive online soccer show, on Friday at 4 p.m. ET.

YES. I WILL BE ON THE SHOW, SO PLEASE BE KIND IN YOUR POST-SHOW CRITIQUES: I'M A WRITER, NOT A BROADCASTER!! :)

Anchored by former Fox Soccer Show reporter Nabil Karim, CBC Sports Soccer Plus+ will feature all the latest news from the world of soccer, including a discussion on the state of affairs with Canada's three big clubs (Toronto FC, Montreal Impact, and the Vancouver Whitecaps), the upcoming World Cup and a variety of other subjects pertaining to the beautiful game.

CBC's soccer experts will interact with fans and respond to questions, so email your questions early to Soccer@cbc.ca (Soccer@cbc.ca) or submit them in the forum below once the show begins.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/05/10/sp-soccer-plus.html (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/05/10/sp-soccer-plus.html#ixzz0nqBDyMaa)

John Molinaro
CBCSports.ca reporter
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 03:42 PM
and I will post the on-demand file here once the show is over.

but try to watch live, if for no other reason to see me stumble over my words :)

TFC USA
05-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Fox Soccer Show? Wasn't it called Fox Soccer Report?

Hey John sorry to hijack the thread but CBC's press release said Nigel and Jason would be game announcers (presumably from Toronto). You have any info to confirm or deny that?

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Fox Soccer Show? Wasn't it called Fox Soccer Report?

Hey John sorry to hijack the thread but CBC's press release said Nigel and Jason would be game announcers (presumably from Toronto). You have any info to confirm or deny that?

It was a misatke.

We'll be getting the World Cup game play-by-play off the international feed. Nigel and Jason will be in-studio analysts pre and post game and at halftime, from studio in Toronto

TFC USA
05-13-2010, 03:53 PM
Okay. Do you know who the int. fee commentators are by any chance?

Look forward to tomorrow's show.

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Okay. Do you know who the int. fee commentators are by any chance?

Look forward to tomorrow's show.

Not sure, but I think it will be people such as John Helm, Dave Woods, Steve Banyard anf other English commentators.

H Bomb
05-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Hey john. Tell yo network to put it on tv, instead of two daily hours of ghost whisperer:)

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Hey john. Tell yo network to put it on tv, instead of two daily hours of ghost whisperer:)

What, you mean CBC Sports Soccer Plus on the main network?

Baby steps, my friend. baby steps. :)

John

H Bomb
05-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Well maybe live online and then replayed at midnight o clock, instead of the days second airing of ghost whisperer. Bring it up homey, you dont win wars unless you fight. Cbc is canadas best football network...also its offensive that 10 percent of daily programming is ghost whisperer...

ecospice
05-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Not sure, but I think it will be people such as John Helm, Dave Woods, Steve Banyard anf other English commentators.

So J-Mo, are you gonna be there for the late playoff rounds and do live hits from the sideline or anything like that?

J .
05-13-2010, 05:54 PM
It would be good if on the CBC webite every so often you profile a up and coming CMNT player.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
What, you mean CBC Sports Soccer Plus on the main network?

Baby steps, my friend. baby steps. :)

John

One would think with all the money and time the Mother Network is spending (my money by the way) they would be beyond "baby steps"?

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
So J-Mo, are you gonna be there for the late playoff rounds and do live hits from the sideline or anything like that?

I will be at the world cup from the start of the quarter-finals onward. Not sure, exactly, what I will be doing.

john

johnmolinaro
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
One would think with all the money and time the Mother Network is spending (my money by the way) they would be beyond "baby steps"?

Well, if we were to put CBC Sports Soccer Plus on the main network at this point it would be a disaster - probably get 1% of the ratings of the show that airs in that time slot.

We're trying to build an audience for soccer plus and that takes time.

john

kelzag
05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
I will be at the world cup from the start of the quarter-finals onward. Not sure, exactly, what I will be doing.

john

Good gig. I'm jealous.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, if we were to put CBC Sports Soccer Plus on the main network at this point it would be a disaster - probably get 1% of the ratings of the show that airs in that time slot.

We're trying to build an audience for soccer plus and that takes time.

john

Point taken…but there is an appetite for the game down on Front Street…

How much did the CBC pay for the WC rights?

Mark in Ottawa
05-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Probably getting your ears full of "Vuvuzela" or whatever the hell those annoying horns are called. Pack your ear-plugs! :rolleyes:

nfitz
05-14-2010, 09:47 AM
Well, if we were to put CBC Sports Soccer Plus on the main network at this point it would be a disaster - probably get 1% of the ratings of the show that airs in that time slot.How about CBC Bold then? (why they just don't call that CBC Two I don't know). I can't seeing it pulling worse than the umpteenth repeat of The Lone Gunmen.

Billy the kid
05-14-2010, 10:08 AM
4 p.m. is not ideal for us working stiffs. Glad to hear about the show though

johnmolinaro
05-14-2010, 10:26 AM
4 p.m. is not ideal for us working stiffs. Glad to hear about the show though

only time we can really do it. the show is available on-demand and I always post the on-demand link here in this forum when the show is over, so you can watch at your leisure.

john

johnmolinaro
05-14-2010, 02:19 PM
chat is live so submit your questions now:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/05/10/sp-soccer-plus.html

ecospice
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM

john

Well, hopefully it will include watching soccer - preferably live. Maybe even interviewing Beckham...

:flare:

johnmolinaro
05-14-2010, 04:16 PM
here's the on-demand file, in case you couldn't watch the show live:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/MLS_Soccer_on_CBC/ID=1494396501

Red CB Toronto
05-15-2010, 02:13 AM
John, thanks as usual, great show, good to see you in front of the camera, keep it up.