PDA

View Full Version : TFC @ Montreal post match thread

Oldtimer
05-12-2010, 09:00 PM
A victory for Toronto places our team in the drivers seat.

tfc2007
05-12-2010, 09:01 PM
well deserved victory.
The nice thing is if now that we are above in this tourny, hopefully we wont be in a whole like we were last year.

Stencils
05-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Just got back and saw the highlight of the goal. Chad deserves a TON of credit on that. Nice work to get that ball across to De Ro. Well done indeed.

Dub Narcotic
What a difference a real coach makes. A organized, efficient road win with a B squad.

Kaz
would have liked to see one more. and I'm worries that DeRo took a knock, but it we won.. that is all that matters.

Red Rat
I think that we have some gas in the tank for Sat but not enough to hold LA.
I say lose the first game at Vancouver and concentrate at home.

Batman
I guess all we need is a single point out of last two games to lock it up.

So even a draw in Vancouver would seal it up before the game in TO.

BeerBaron95
05-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Dero was visibly limping....

replay shows him grimmace in pain after sliding into post... hopefully nothing more that a harmless knock.

T.O TILL I DIE
good win boys good job by our away supporters LOVED THE FLARESS!!!!(BRING IT TO BMO):D

kitchener-TFC
Postives: WIN! Nice Possession!
Negative: Long Ball

We won, all is good.
I hope OBW is alright.

Hooligan69
05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Glad we picked up the victory tonight. Here's hoping DeRo will be okay.

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Not the best performance but looks like gritty games are what it'll take in the NCC.

Best sign of the night was the confidence in the last 15'.

Hope DeRo gets some rest prior to Saturday.

Brooker
05-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Goooooooooooooo Onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!

Beach_Red
05-12-2010, 09:05 PM
I just want to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach_Red http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=997266#post997266)
Montreal won't score a goal against us in the tournament.

TorCanSoc
05-12-2010, 09:06 PM
That game was brutal boring. Barrett showing some skills. What? Did I just say that?

I had both games going, ours and MTL-PIT with my High Def USB antenna, nice feed off the laptop. Now that was a good game. :hide:

T_Mizz
05-12-2010, 09:06 PM
So now we need to either draw both or win one right and it's ours?

Brooker
05-12-2010, 09:07 PM
I just want to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach_Red http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=997266#post997266)
Montreal won't score a goal against us in the tournament.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

love you, we love you, we love you!

and what you say we follow, we follow, we follow!

twistedchinaman
We'll find out more soon I reckon about DeRo...

DichioTFC
That game was brutal boring. Barrett showing some skills. What? Did I just say that?

I had MTL-PIT with my High Def USB antenna, nice feed off the laptop. Now that was a good game. :hide:
Seriously eh... I should've done my laundry during the game... hell, I shouldn't have left class early either lol

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

love you, we love you, we love you!

and what you say we follow, we follow, we follow!

'Cause we support Beachhhhhhhhhh Reddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!

and thats the way we like it! we like it we like it!

Brooker
05-12-2010, 09:08 PM
LMAO

ExiledRed
05-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Just got back and saw the highlight of the goal. Chad deserves a TON of credit on that. Nice work to get that ball across to De Ro. Well done indeed.

Actually, Chad took a shot and DeRo caught the rebound, but you're right, Chad's footwork prior to his shot was excellent.

jloome
05-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Good positive performance from Saric tonight. Garcia looked inclined to few errors with less pressure on the right.

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:12 PM
Anyone have insight into who we might play in the CONCACAF preliminary round? And when this match will be?

Found the answer:

The first leg of the Preliminary Round will be July 27-29 with the second leg a week later. The winners will advance to the six-round Group Stage, which will begin August 17-19.

No set opponent yet...

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Good positive performance from Saric tonight. Garcia looked inclined to few errors with less pressure on the right.

Garcia had his one major brainfart right in front of the TFC net... I really want Garcia to bounce back against the adversity but he's really not making it easy on himself when he does stuff like that

boozilla

I had both games going, ours and MTL-PIT with my High Def USB antenna, nice feed off the laptop. Now that was a good game. :hide:
Same here. I love TFC and Chad's play, but playoff hockey can be more interesting than a half empty Saputo stadium for a 3 team tournament.
Whatever. Good Times.

Redpunkfiddle
I guess all we need is a single point out of last two games to lock it up.

Nope.

I say give Vancouver the 3 pts for their game against Montreal, now that they are eliminated. They can pile up the goal difference too.

So we have 6 and Vancouver will have 4. If we draw next week we have 7 and they have 5 going into the last match. We'd need only a draw to clinch, but if we lose Vancouver gets it.

Win next week in Vancouver, and its done - we can play 11 Nick Garcias on June 2nd.

If we lose though, and Vancouver beats Montreal the next week as expected, then Vancouver will be on 7 and we'll have 6 going into the last game, and it will be must win for us.

(If we draw next week, then Vancouver MUST win in Montreal or we take the Cup).

Two things:

We control our own destiny, even if we lose next week.
Do NOT bring champagne into the locker room next week.

TFC USA
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Fuck a Nick Garcia and go TFC. The champions-elect are winning it the easy way...maybe.

That is all.

Hooligan69
05-12-2010, 09:17 PM
LOL @ the thought of TFC giving away points to anyone. We've done that enough already in our first few seasons.

I thought the object of the game was to win... not hand your opponent victories on a silver platter. Wait. That's what Mtl. did for us last year. :lol:

twistedchinaman
05-12-2010, 09:18 PM
New scenario:

TFC 2-0-0 = 6 (+3)
VAN 0-1-0 = 1 (0)
MTL 0-1-2 = 1 (-3)

Three games left in the tournament, and all three games with Vancouver involved -- with Montreal now safely out of the way, it's now a head-to-head between us and the Shitecraps.

If we win next week, the tournament is over, bring on the fat lady, yadda yadda yadda:

TFC 2-0-0 = 9 (+4)
VAN 0-1-1 = 1 (-1)
MTL 0-1-2 = 1 (-3)

If we tie, then it keeps Vancouver alive, although they have to get two Ws to take the trophy, period:

TFC 2-1-0 = 7 (+3)
VAN 0-2-0 = 2 (0)
MTL 0-1-2 = 1 (-3)

If we LOSE (heaven forbid), then the tournament is back wide open -- but we still only need one win:

TFC 2-0-1 = 6 (+2)
VAN 1-1-0 = 4 (+1)
MTL 0-1-2 = 1 (-3)

anto7
05-12-2010, 09:19 PM
Given that we made 6 changes from the Chicago game I was very pleased with our performance. I did not help either that we had to sub out White just after Barrett was brought on which meant changing tactics again. I thought at times we played some really good close controlled passing and Saric and Deguz linked up well. For once I watched an away game without once thinking that we looked like shit.
Not sure why people thought it was boring, I quite enjoyed it.

Super
05-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Not a very pretty game, but a wonderful and important road win for the boys in red. Loved the flares too :D

s2cazz
I'm happy with tonight

3 points
Barret looked good
possesion was good
ground game and passing was fantastic

as long as OBW and Dero are alright everything should be good this season.

And as far as Road Support all I have to say is:
:flare::flare::drum::flare::flare::drum: :scarf: :drum: :flare::flare::drum::flare::flare:

DichioTFC
Win next week in Vancouver, and its done - we can play 11 Nick Garcias on June 2nd.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:facepalm:

s2cazz
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm surprised nobody punched Garcia tonight... I would have if given the opportunity.

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 09:23 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:facepalm:

x2
:picard:

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:24 PM
I would love for the boys to win next week in Swangard. If we can take our second road team, it'll give the boys a bit of extra confidence heading into the World Cup break.

The big question, how do we line-up against LA? Play for the win? Hold for a draw? Who starts and who rests? I think DeRo should be resting, have LaBrocca back up Barrett and OBW upfront

Stryker
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
I'd sooner play a 3-5-2 then see Garcia play again. He's so shit its embarrassing to even have him wearing our jersey.
Anyone ever see him jump for a ball crossed in?
Nope me ethier. A ball crossed to the man marked by Garcia is a free header every time.

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:25 PM
x2
:picard:

All I really want are a team of Nicky Gs!

Number oneeeeeeeeee, Nicky G!!
Number twoooooooooo, Nicky G!!

....:drinking:

twistedchinaman
05-12-2010, 09:32 PM
All I really want are a team of Nicky Gs!

Number oneeeeeeeeee, Nicky G!!
Number twoooooooooo, Nicky G!!

....:drinking:

Don't tempt them!

Stryker
05-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm surprised nobody punched Garcia tonight... I would have if given the opportunity.

I'd be first in that long line.

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Don't tempt them!

Finally! Something MoJo can make happen!!

James17930
05-12-2010, 09:36 PM
Anyone have insight into who we might play in the CONCACAF preliminary round? And when this match will be?

Found the answer:

No set opponent yet...

Here you can see the teams so far qualified into the prelim. round:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_CONCACAF_Champions_League#Format

I'm assuming that when they do the draw it'll be Pot A vs. Pot B, so that'll give you some idea -- all Central Am. or Carib. teams.

Which is nice -- it shows that Canada is seeded in terms of the Prelims.

billyfly
05-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Man, Garcia made a lot of mistakes.

James17930
05-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm happy with tonight

3 points
Barret looked good
possesion was good
ground game and passing was fantastic

as long as OBW and Dero are alright everything should be good this season.

:flare::flare::drum::flare::flare::drum: :scarf: :drum: :flare::flare::drum::flare::flare:

Thank you -- that's the game I saw too.

I don't really understand why anyone would say the game was boring -- the 1st half was flying, and, while it settled down in the 2nd, we dominated with long spells of possession and finally potted one.

I mean, that's football. If you think it's boring, why are you watching it?

Hugh Jazz
05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Great to see Gala do well for the full 90 minutes.

Redpunkfiddle
05-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Here you can see the teams so far qualified into the prelim. round:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_CONCACAF_Champions_League#Format

I'm assuming that when they do the draw it'll be Pot A vs. Pot B, so that'll give you some idea -- all Central Am. or Carib. teams.

Yah. Knock on wood, no champagne but...

The Preliminary draw is set for next Wed. May 19th. Those games will be July 27-29 and the following week.

http://www.concacafchampions.com/page/CL/NewsDetail/0,,12856~2049941,00.html

s2cazz
05-12-2010, 09:41 PM

I don't really understand why anyone would say the game was boring -- the 1st half was flying, and, while it settled down in the 2nd, we dominated with long spells of possession and finally potted one.

I think we have improved our passing game immensely. Although this particular game isn't the best of the recent past it was still good. We are looking like a real team.

Redpunkfiddle
05-12-2010, 09:44 PM

Yes. There were stretches where we didn't get any chances. I think keeping possession without looking like chickens with heads cut off is pretty to my eyes. Yes, its not the worlds best, but it is better than the pinball we were playing in many games.

DeGuzman in particular took and distributed well, moving to receive and twisting out of trouble impressively. The game worked through him a lot.

harrietgate
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
It was good to watch a game where we were in control. Montreal reminded me of how we must have looked many times in the past.
DeGuzman has raised the art of hovering on the fringes of the action to an artform. He must be laughing all the way to the bank.

ManUtd4ever
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
It was a very impressive display of posession by the Reds tonight given the number of reserves that started the match. As I suspected, TFC's B squad was still strong enough to gut out a victory in front of an intimidating mob of approximately 2000 Montreal supporters. I thought Preki's alternate lineup displayed excellent cohesion and even Garcia didn't seem to be as much of a liability as a left back. The only negative was that DeRo and JDG were not able to rest since the match was still scoreless late in the game, but overall Preki did a masterful job with the player rotation tonight. Preki will have a dilemna on his hands now regarding whether to go with a superior lineup against LA or Vancouver...

jazzy
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
What a difference a real coach makes. A organized, efficient road win with a B squad.

BINGO.......although not as much fun in the forums,.......being a Torontoian sports fan, I'm not in a familiar place

Strikers
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
That's how you should play on the road, it's not pretty but it gets the three points.

The midfield was great tonight, Cann and Nana were solid again.

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Great to see Gala do well for the full 90 minutes.

That was probably the biggest plus from this match. Gala has room for improvement but he looks like a good kid that could stick around for quite some time

Darlofletch
05-12-2010, 09:50 PM
First half wasn't great, but I thought it was a very good second half, some really good passing and attacking play.

barrett had a great half, a lot of nice passing and little flicks and turns, and a few good shots as well, including the set up for de-ro's goal.

good to finally get the away win out of the way, now we can fully concentrate on la, without having to worry too much about the game on wednesday.

hopefully de ro isn't badly hurt.

devioustrevor
05-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I just stepped back into my room. Downtown Montreal is a madhouse right now, there were riot cops at the corner of Ste Catherine and Saint Laurent.

I got plenty of pics, tomorrow I'll check if mine are any good. There should be some awesome pics though, especially of the Tifo. Two of the flares landed like 2 feet from me, so right now I smell of sweat and sulfur.

Hustle
05-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Our supporters stepped it up a notch tonight. Very good display. They deserved to see a win.

profit89
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Man of the Match: Saric

McBrace
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
So will we see the first real trophy lifted at BMO or in Vancouver?

Gixmo
05-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't think it's awarded until the Tourney is over, which would be Toronto

Side note : July is a busy, busy busy month for the lads potentially

bigtfcfan
05-12-2010, 10:06 PM
JDG, Barrett and Gala played well.

jazzy
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM

..I haven't watched 1 boring hockey playoff game yet, and I play hockey, watched the whole TFC game and found it very tactful...they are trying to play a control game.......and within their ability are doing a damn fine job!!!!!......what we're still not going to complain are we???/?

TFCRegina
05-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Fuck the impact.

dupont
05-12-2010, 10:19 PM
Great second half. I was upset that Barrett didn't start after the confidence that he must have had after the last game.

Gixmo
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Great second half. I was upset that Barrett didn't start after the confidence that he must have had after the last game.

I concur, Surprised... Must be saved for LA?

TheRenter
05-12-2010, 10:21 PM

Amen!

Brooker
05-12-2010, 10:29 PM

http://lifeview.thesissons.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/cheers.jpg

Pachuco
05-12-2010, 10:33 PM
* Fucking brilliant game by JDG today. Man of the match for me. Looked gassed at the end so hopefully he has enough in the tank for saturday.
* Gala played really well, my only beef with him is he lacks some serious confidence with this shot. He needs to stop leaning back on his shot.
* I can't believe I'm saying this, Saric was awesome in the mid toay.
* Dero does what he does best. Sees an opportunity and POUNCES!
* Cann was a BEAST in the back today.
* Garcia can eat me. The one time he was put under pressure he had a Garcia moment. He's lucky we were playing a USL team who can't hit the net.
* Frei was solid
* How the fuck could I forget. Barrett continues to be ever so usefull for us this year. I'm gonna call him the L'impact Terminator.
* Usanov continues to scare me. I hope Preki gives Cronin some more time as RB.
* Cronin was ok in the midfield but he made me more comfortable playing at RB and labrocca playing in the midfield.

Can't think of anything else right now except that I'm thrilled we finally won on the road and it was no fluke. We seriously owned possession in that game the way I love to see.

kitchener-TFC
05-12-2010, 10:41 PM
I think you forgot a flare :D.

supersaint
05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Chad did well again. Glad to see him proving his detractors wrong. Hard worker, good lad, decent player. Now if only the Chad detractors, and you know who you are, ya bunch o wankers....would turn their attention to the real shite on the team...Garcia. Christ, he is slower than a one legged turtle, barks orders everywhere and has terrible distribution. I doubt Preki will use him against LA

James17930
05-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Chad did well again. Glad to see him proving his detractors wrong. Hard worker, good lad, decent player. Now if only the Chad detractors, and you know who you are, ya bunch o wankers....would turn their attention to the real shite on the team...Garcia. Christ, he is slower than a one legged turtle, barks orders everywhere and has terrible distribution. I doubt Preki will use him against LA

I certainly hope not as well.

While Garica didn't have a horrible game tonight (as in, he didn't score and OG or give up a penalty), he still was his usual suspect self on many occasions.

Dub Narcotic
05-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Yes. There were stretches where we didn't get any chances. I think keeping possession without looking like chickens with heads cut off is pretty to my eyes. Yes, its not the worlds best, but it is better than the pinball we were playing in many games.

DeGuzman in particular took and distributed well, moving to receive and twisting out of trouble impressively. The game worked through him a lot.

This was one of the better TFC road games to watch, I though. Good, controlled possession soccer on the road like you are supposed to do. Not a barnburner, but good to watch as a TFC fan.

habstfc
05-12-2010, 10:53 PM
It was a great night. HABS WIN ....TFC WIN
I have to admit I was watching the habs game and only watching the tfc game on commercial breaks. I figured they'd win tonight so I went with the hockey. I'll watch it tomorrow to get the full scoop.

devioustrevor
05-12-2010, 10:55 PM

I think between the flares and smoke bombs it was about 10 total.

BTW, it seems I will be able to upload some pics tonight. I was getting ready to head over to Maclean's to celebrate with the rest of the traveling supporters and the bank machine told me I was over my daily limit. Pisses me off.

Dub Narcotic
05-12-2010, 10:57 PM
That was probably the biggest plus from this match. Gala has room for improvement but he looks like a good kid that could stick around for quite some time

I guess I don't see it. Gala seems athletic and attacks people, but there is never any end product. No assists and no goals in all his appearances tells the tale for me. It's like he has 75% of each skill: pace, moves, technique, but it doesn't come together into anything special. I wouldn't mind seeing more of him, but he's been around for three years with nothing to show for it, and he's not that young anymore.

I would love to be proven wrong, TFC desperately need an athletic attacking winger, and Gala and Peterson are the only two realistic options at this point.

Stryker
05-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I've never seen anything in Gala ethier.
Obviously ethier has Preki.

McGill
05-12-2010, 11:11 PM
INTENSE. First ever time chilling with the supporter groups, loved it! :flare:
PICS:
Guy kicked out of Stade Saputo.
http://imgur.com/LOgF2.jpg

FLARES:
http://imgur.com/0pL55.jpg
http://imgur.com/LWUOa.jpg
http://imgur.com/0ZAPI.jpg
http://imgur.com/IHjaR.jpg
http://imgur.com/07TeR.jpg

neuf
05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Gala has one goal. Against Real Madrid. Guess that doesn't count though, since it was a friendly.

devioustrevor
05-12-2010, 11:13 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64011224@N00/

I've never used flickr before, did I do that right?

Some of the pictures aren't very good. It seems it's pretty hard to focus on a bouncing subway car with a cheap $100 10.2 MegaPixel FujiFilm camera. I kind of like Picture 034 the best.

twistedchinaman
05-12-2010, 11:31 PM
PICS:

FLARES:

Why does every pic have KD in it? :lol:

s2cazz
05-12-2010, 11:32 PM

actually I think they forgot a few lol

s2cazz
05-12-2010, 11:34 PM
PICS:

FLARES:

great pics! can't wait to see more.

s2cazz
05-12-2010, 11:35 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/64011224@N00/

I've never used flickr before, did I do that right?

Some of the pictures aren't very good. It seems it's pretty hard to focus on a bouncing subway car with a cheap $100 10.2 MegaPixel FujiFilm camera. I kind of like Picture 034 the best.

I'm sure the beer didn't help either! Are you a member now?

twistedchinaman
05-12-2010, 11:41 PM
While Garica didn't have a horrible game tonight (as in, he didn't score and OG or give up a penalty), he still was his usual suspect self on many occasions.

This is why the man is, and should, only be used in extreme emergencies -- if at all.

Garcia -- retire already!

Gixmo
05-12-2010, 11:42 PM
I see the Molinaro connection now!

Quality, I like flares.
S2 likes Flares
Therefore - We are bros.

Flares!

nascarguy
05-12-2010, 11:44 PM
hey we should be lucky he did not take anything off. my eye still hurt from the fire game...lol

nascarguy
05-12-2010, 11:47 PM
it looks like KD is thinking about what banner to make next

James17930
05-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Post-game stuff is already up on TFC:TV

Massive props to these guys, working well past midnight, away from home, to get this stuff up as soon as possible.

McGill
05-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Because I was clearly seated near him and that was my angle :P

great pics! can't wait to see more.
Those are the only good ones. Rest are blurry action shots and my friends.

twistedchinaman
05-13-2010, 12:00 AM

There ought to be a caption...

"Hmmm, I wonder what I should do for Philadelphia...?"

:lol:

twistedchinaman
05-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Post-game stuff is already up on TFC:TV

Massive props to these guys, working well past midnight, away from home, to get this stuff up as soon as possible.

Amazing how fast the Games in Six have been going up this year!

Dub Narcotic
05-13-2010, 12:10 AM
The team is coming together, but there are still a few positional battles to be settled:

CM: Sanyang vs. Saric. Sanyang seems to have the edge as of late, more athletic and better in the air. I'm not sure this one is totally settled. Saric appears to be calming down and playing better.

RM: Peterson vs. Gala vs Cronin. Peterson is the preferred choice, but hasn't shown much coming off a serious injury, while Gala has never really broken through.

RB: Cronin vs. Gargan vs. Usanov vs. Harden. Usanov seems to be the starter so far, but hasn't fully convinced. Can Cronin sneak his way into this spot?

LB: Hr.. vs. Gargan vs. Garcia. Another spot where no one else has put a stranglehold on the starter's place. The Latvian is in the lead currently, but no one has really shown well.

devioustrevor
05-13-2010, 12:18 AM

Might be an idea since those flares set one of the other banners on fire.

McGill
05-13-2010, 12:24 AM
It looked like one of the ULTRAS in the east stands caught fire when they set off all their flares.

rocker
05-13-2010, 12:40 AM
another year where Montreal still hasn't beaten us...3 years now. maybe they'll beat us when they join MLS????????

nice to eliminate them from the tournament. Limp Act indeed. I never felt them threatening at any point in the game. and I knew if they got a chance on goal they'd flub it.

Super
05-13-2010, 12:45 AM
Looks like they kicked out Scottay from Usector.

devioustrevor
05-13-2010, 12:49 AM
Looks like they kicked out Scottay from Usector.

They kicked somebody out, and some of the other lads in the stands mentioned that tonight wasn't the first time the lad in question had been removed from a stadium.

Upon arrival, some of the traveling supporters were being denied entrance because of their flag poles. Does anybody know if they got in or not?

SmokedPanda
05-13-2010, 12:56 AM
NEE was out in full force tonight, they had flags all over the place.... good stuff

SmokedPanda
05-13-2010, 01:07 AM
Montreal fans, tsk tsk tsk

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298906.html

McGill
05-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Montreal fans, tsk tsk tsk

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/298906.html
En Anglais...
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/05/12/mtl-habs-fever-game-seven-penguins.html

James17930
05-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Maybe they were actually just upset that the L'Imp Act lost ;)

Hooligan69
05-13-2010, 03:27 AM
En Anglais...
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/05/12/mtl-habs-fever-game-seven-penguins.html

Obviously just a bunch of disgruntled Limp Act supporters... or maybe Sidney Crosby has finally snapped. :lol:

Shakes McQueen
05-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Barrett's ball control leading up to his shot that DeRo tapped in the rebound for, was really impressive.

- Scott

David_Oliveira
05-13-2010, 07:23 AM
Was it just me or did Sportsnet suck the bag last night? Dobson and Forrest were garbage and the main camera guy wow that guy/girl was bad

maninb
05-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Once again Garcia shows he's f*cking USELESS...gives the ball away in the 6 yard box, which should have been buried by the Impact player and he's the dope whose terrible header resulted in that partial Impact break that saw Uselessavov booked...let's hope we've seen the last (starting wise) of both of those twats...On the bright side I thought Saric played a decent match and actually showed he can carry the ball for once, and not hacking everything in sight...

razor787
05-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I remember Garcia's first match... Ball sent foreward by the opposing team... Frei calling out, and running to the edge of the box to gather the ball... Garcia... Heading the ball over frei and into the net...

I thought that was just a lack of communication, or they didnt have the time to get to know what eachother would do. Little did I know that was going to be a common mistake with him.

Detroit_TFC
05-13-2010, 08:08 AM
The thing that was different was Garcia stuck out by sucking, the other defenders are showing steady improvement.

drewski
05-13-2010, 08:22 AM
impressive show by the our boys for sure. Was sitting a few sections over my Montreal cousins and they were impressed. Was laughing at the Ultras when they set of their flares cause the smoke went right to their own keeper. His eyes and throat couldn't have been very happy from all that smoke which lingered over him.

Otherwise, pretty shitty experience. Neither team looked particularly inspired (though there were some good individual moments) and most of the Montreal fans were paying more attention to the hockey score

Parkdale
05-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Was laughing at the Ultras when they set of their flares cause the smoke went right to their own keeper. His eyes and throat couldn't have been very happy from all that smoke which lingered over him.

yeah, I was wondering about that. Seems like a bad idea to smoke out your own guy. But hey... they do things different in montreal.

KRO
05-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Once again Garcia shows he's f*cking USELESS...

It blows my mind that the only thing that a number of posters to this thread can say is that Garcia is useless. No comments about how Cann and Nana are looking like the real deal, how much Barrett has improved, how De Guzman is starting to fit in. No - "Garcia Sucks" is the best you can manage.

Yes, he's error prone - you can count on one major screw up every game. However, he is not going to play much and when he does he gives another player a chance to have a rest. Other than the give away in the box I thought he had a solid game last night. Usanov is getting a lot of praise but if Garcia had made some of the mistakes that he did last night you'd be burning him at the stake.

I have this vision of some of you watching the game, desperate for Garcia to screw up so that it proves you right.

If you are so desperate for a bogey man in your life why does it have to be someone who plays for us. Give it a rest FFS!

WestStandGeoff
05-13-2010, 09:00 AM
It blows my mind that the only thing that a number of posters to this thread can say is that Garcia is useless. No comments about how Cann and Nana are looking like the real deal, how much Barrett has improved, how De Guzman is starting to fit in. No - "Garcia Sucks" is the best you can manage.

Yes, he's error prone - you can count on one major screw up every game. However, he is not going to play much and when he does he gives another player a chance to have a rest. Other than the give away in the box I thought he had a solid last night. Usanov is getting a lot of praise but if Garcia had made some of the mistakes that he did last night you'd be burning him at the stake.

I have this vision of some of you watching the game, desperate for Garcia to screw up so that it proves you right.

If you are so desperate for a bogey man in your life why does it have to be someone who plays for us. Give it a rest FFS!

I have to +1 this.

I do agree that Garcia was the worst player on our team last night, but he didn't nearly shit the bed as much as some are making it out to be. I would even go so far as to say that was Garcia's best performance this season (for what that's worth).

Do I want to see him getting more starts? HELL NO! But, considering he didn't have any major screw-ups, and certainly none that led to Limpact goals, is there nothing better to do than focus on Nick?

Oldtimer
05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Garcia's error was much more serious than any of Usanov's, and a better team like NY would have scored off of that opportunity.

However, it's a good point about Cann and Nana. They are really solidifying the backline.

Whoop
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
What a night...

I would just like to tell the away team, now that Montreal will be in the MLS, automatically put me down for 2 tickets for the Montreal every year from here on end...

Roogsy
05-13-2010, 09:07 AM
What a night...

I would just like to tell the away team, now that Montreal will be in the MLS, automatically put me down for 2 tickets for the Montreal every year from here on end...

Especially since we OWN them. :lol:

billyfly
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
The thing that was different was Garcia stuck out by sucking, the other defenders are showing steady improvement.

So true.

Whoop
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
5 wins and 1 draw!

12 goals for
2 goals against

The daytime scenery was pretty nice too...

Carefree
05-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Was it just me or did Sportsnet suck the bag last night? Dobson and Forrest were garbage and the main camera guy wow that guy/girl was bad
Holy shit! The camera work was so bad last night. Sometimes it was so shaky it was giving me a headache. And whenever the play was in a corner you had to wait for the ball to be thrown/kicked in to see it. Guess the cameraman was watching the Habs game.

billyfly
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
5 wins and 1 draw!

12 goals for
2 goals against

The daytime scenery was pretty nice too...

Now I know how Columbus feels toward us.

Parkdale
05-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Now I know how Columbus feels toward us.

thanks, jerk!

:dita:

Whoop
05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Billy is bitter for other reasons. LOL

billyfly
05-13-2010, 09:18 AM
thanks, jerk!

:dita:

I meant the "daytime scenery was pretty nice"

Petor
05-13-2010, 09:30 AM
My highlights...

-Putting faces to names and meeting fellow RPBs at McLeans
-Metro ride to the stadium, chanting, bouncing!
-Grandma(80+) getting off at a station along the way and cheering us on
-You can buy 4 beers at a time at Saputo
-Hotdogs are typical Montreal Forum type, yum
-Asking King Dave if he is going to keep his cloths on and getting a "shush" for a reply
-smoke bomb goes off, security shows up, we point to the Ultras who have a few going off too, off goes security then the flares go off in our section for the first time :D
-Dero's goal
-fun Metro ride back, it got interesting when I got off as my hotel is right downtown(Queen Elizabeth).

Probably more that I can add but my brain cells need more time to regenerate, maybe add more later.

drewski
05-13-2010, 09:34 AM

definitely a highlight.

lowlight was that you couldn't use debit/credit, only cash. what kinda thirdworld place doesn't use cards these days?

Roogsy
05-13-2010, 09:35 AM
A Montreal squad, depleted with suspensions and injury...this is where you take the "conservative approach" and sit some necessary players. I can agree with Preki's decision here.

Doing it in an MLS game against the defending champions, at home, at altitude and who were itching for a win? Dumb move.

Petor
05-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Don't know if this was posted yet, the last 5 seconds....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/SOC-TFCMTL

:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

jloome
05-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm sure it's just tactical, for moral purposes, but Marc Dos Santos' increasing line of bullshit is really annoying.

"It’s not necessarily the best team that won. It was pretty levelled on the field,” noted Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos.

What's that, big doughnut for six, now?

Pachuco
05-13-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm sure it's just tactical, for moral purposes, but Marc Dos Santos' increasing line of bullshit is really annoying.

"It’s not necessarily the best team that won. It was pretty levelled on the field,” noted Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos.

What's that, big doughnut for six, now?

WTF? Did he seriously say that? I'm one to admit when we don't play well and get a win. But for fucks sakes we were CLEARLY the best team on the field last night. We were passing circles around them.

dannyd
05-13-2010, 11:07 AM
WTF? Did he seriously say that? I'm one to admit when we don't play well and get a win. But for fucks sakes we were CLEARLY the best team on the field last night. We were passing circles around them.

lol, first game it was cuz refs are biased against MLS teams. Against Vancouver the refs were biased too (even though Vancouver isn't mls), and now montreal was the better team? Wow do you think he actually believes half of what he says?

Whoop
05-13-2010, 11:09 AM
Aside from the Garcia gaffe, I don't recall Montreal really ever putting any pressure on TFC or any dangerous moments.

I mean TFC could have had 2-3 more goals. Dero had a good shot, then I think it was Gala that had to just chip the one ball over Jordan to score.

And nice trip by Montreal on Dero, from behind, at the start of the match that could have been a card.

peterboroughtfcfan
05-13-2010, 12:01 PM
This had to be one of my favourite road trips thus far. Thanks to all those who organized everything especially the deals at the hotel and the bars.

There were a ton of highlights from the night starting for me starting with the RPBs marching down the stairs and out of McLean's chanting while literally hundreds of Habs fans stood there bemused by what they were seeing.

The subway bounce on the way to the stadium and the super cool 90+ year old woman who got a standing ovation from all of us as she was getting off the train.

Once at the stadium I had to go meet my brother who was parked in the parkade so I went out of the south gate only to walk straight into UM02's march. Rather than put my head down and ignore them I walked straight at them with my scarf held high. This turned into a bit of shoving with a few of their guys but didn't get much further than that.

The flares, smoke bombs and fire crackers were awesome and I wish we could incorporate them more often. Unfortuantely I think it will only legitimately work on road games as BMO has pretty tight security.

*One point I want to make - I think we could learn a thing or two from the NEE guys from last night. For one they keep a chant going for several minutes rather than giving up on it after 3-4 verses. It helped everyone get in on the action when it kept going and I thought we got stronger as a group because of it. That said, I don't know what was up with the Usector and RPBs...we really let NEE run the show last night (with the exception of the drumming and flares) and that bothered me a bit....we're supposed to be bigger and louder than they are.

Another highlight was the train ride back with a bigger bounce and the chanting match betweeen us and a ton of Habs fans. I think we taught them a thing or two about passion.

Finally, the biggest highlight of the night for me was getting off the subway and heading back towards McLean's. We realized to get to the bar we were gonna have to walk straight through the mob of Habs fans. We marched with our flags held high, our scarves in the air and our drums beating the entire time. A couple people started shoving us and trying to pick fights but we kept moving. Great job boys! Great trip. Love that we could test ourselves against the wildest mob of hockey fans in the country and we won out every single time.

Allez les rouges!

TheWolf
05-13-2010, 01:07 PM
This had to be one of my favourite road trips thus far. Thanks to all those who organized everything especially the deals at the hotel and the bars.

There were a ton of highlights from the night starting for me starting with the RPBs marching down the stairs and out of McLean's chanting while literally hundreds of Habs fans stood there bemused by what they were seeing.

The subway bounce on the way to the stadium and the super cool 90+ year old woman who got a standing ovation from all of us as she was getting off the train.

Once at the stadium I had to go meet my brother who was parked in the parkade so I went out of the south gate only to walk straight into UM02's march. Rather than put my head down and ignore them I walked straight at them with my scarf held high. This turned into a bit of shoving with a few of their guys but didn't get much further than that.

The flares, smoke bombs and fire crackers were awesome and I wish we could incorporate them more often. Unfortuantely I think it will only legitimately work on road games as BMO has pretty tight security.

*One point I want to make - I think we could learn a thing or two from the NEE guys from last night. For one they keep a chant going for several minutes rather than giving up on it after 3-4 verses. It helped everyone get in on the action when it kept going and I thought we got stronger as a group because of it. That said, I don't know what was up with the Usector and RPBs...we really let NEE run the show last night (with the exception of the drumming and flares) and that bothered me a bit....we're supposed to be bigger and louder than they are.

Another highlight was the train ride back with a bigger bounce and the chanting match betweeen us and a ton of Habs fans. I think we taught them a thing or two about passion.

Finally, the biggest highlight of the night for me was getting off the subway and heading back towards McLean's. We realized to get to the bar we were gonna have to walk straight through the mob of Habs fans. We marched with our flags held high, our scarves in the air and our drums beating the entire time. A couple people started shoving us and trying to pick fights but we kept moving. Great job boys! Great trip. Love that we could test ourselves against the wildest mob of hockey fans in the country and we won out every single time.

Allez les rouges!

You guys seriously walked by all the Habs fans on the street??? Someone better have taken a video of this! I am actually really proud of you guys doing that lol. Goodjob.

peterboroughtfcfan
05-13-2010, 01:47 PM
You guys seriously walked by all the Habs fans on the street??? Someone better have taken a video of this! I am actually really proud of you guys doing that lol. Goodjob.

Yah, we had lost a few people at the stop for the hotel but there were still probably 30-40 of us who went straight through the middle of the mob at St. Catherines and Peel (which as far as I could tell was the centre of it). Hopefully someone got a few pictures or videos, I spent most of my time shoving people back who were pushing us or hucking bottles at us.

We also had a beauty of a chant on the train back when the Habs fans tried to drown us out. They gave up pretty quickly because we were destroying them and then we marched most of them off the train with "THIS IS OUR TRAIN"

werewolf
05-13-2010, 01:49 PM
I feel bad for Montreal, anytime I have been to Montreal for a TFC or Canada match, its never been a home game.

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Don't know if this was posted yet, the last 5 seconds....
http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/SOC-TFCMTL

:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare:

Holy smoke!!

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 02:35 PM
we really let NEE run the show last night (with the exception of the drumming and flares) and that bothered me a bit....we're supposed to be bigger and louder than they are.

It wasn't an issue in my mind. They do the same songs as us anyway.

Oh and the 'show' at the 55th minute was a collaboration between two groups.

rocker
05-13-2010, 02:41 PM
interesting fact.... TFC has started more Canadians than Montreal or Vancouver have in this Canadian tournament.

billyfly
05-13-2010, 02:47 PM
The quality of both Van and MTL teams will increase dramatically when they join the MLS.

This tourney will only get harder and harder to win.

GBV
05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
definitely a highlight.

lowlight was that you couldn't use debit/credit, only cash. what kinda thirdworld place doesn't use cards these days?

...and how much $ per sud?

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 02:59 PM
Found this screen shot over on BS:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs298.snc3/28572_440732262785_815212785_5838061_6529670_n.jpg

drewski
05-13-2010, 03:31 PM
...and how much $ per sud?

$8.50 for a "large" (smaller than BMO/ACC large) Budweiser (no choice) that wasn't even full :rolleyes:

McGill
05-13-2010, 03:55 PM

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs298.snc3/28572_440732262785_815212785_5838061_6529670_n.jpg

Lol my roommate is the dude in the black on the far left about the same height as KingDave in the picture.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Sweet pic......

Yeoman
05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
i had a great time beating away on the drum again once i was on the same page as the rest of the drummers.
just wish i wasn't so exhausted from drumming to of been able to truly experience that night afterwards.

London
05-13-2010, 05:00 PM
that is me right above the "O"

Yeoman
05-13-2010, 05:07 PM
i'm hiding somewhere in the flames bashing away on the drum

TheKing7
05-13-2010, 05:18 PM

Isn't that from the BMO "This is Our House" commercial??? :rolleyes:

alexintoronto
05-13-2010, 05:19 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1166/4602992950_0265ce37b6_o.jpg

ArmenJBX
05-13-2010, 05:50 PM
I hate to admit it, but Nick Garcia had an OKAY game yesterday :D

Hooligan69
05-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Any updates on DeRo? Is he injured?

dannyd
05-13-2010, 05:55 PM

Allez les rouges!

lol you just figured this out now? only thing rpb is good for is internet message boards and being fat alcoholics. Show them a flare and half of them will run away crying...

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
lol you just figured this out now? only thing rpb is good for is internet message boards and being fat alcoholics. Show them a flare and half of them will run away crying...

Yep. That's exactly what we did. :rolleyes:

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Isn't that from the BMO "This is Our House" commercial??? :rolleyes:

No.

It was made by King Dave for the Charleston preseason tournament.

werewolf
05-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Yep. That's exactly what we did. :rolleyes:

I am interested to know how strangers know I am an alcoholic when I don't drink at games. :noidea: ah well, let the ignorance flow.

:lol:

T.O TILL I DIE
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM

GOTTA LOVE NEE BADASS GROUP :) oonly if we can see this at bmo:hump:

Hooligan69
05-13-2010, 06:01 PM

:facepalm: :rolleyes:

devioustrevor
05-13-2010, 06:04 PM
Holy smoke!!

Indeed. I am the guy that was in the middle of the picture in front of the banner wearing a Red Zip-Up sweater, that sweater now smells of Sulfur.

London
05-13-2010, 06:15 PM

ok champ!! you were there?????:flare::flare::flare::flare:

London
05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
No.

It was made by King Dave for the Charleston preseason tournament.

lies!!!! alot of us made that banner

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 06:18 PM
lies!!!! alot of us made that banner

LOL he was the ring leader!

J .
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1166/4602992950_0265ce37b6_o.jpg

I hope this is not a one off :/ Maybe if we make the playoffs at BMO?

Le Sigh, brought a tear to me eye.

AL-MO
05-13-2010, 06:19 PM
GOTTA LOVE NEE BADASS GROUP :) oonly if we can see this at bmo:hump:

Not all of it was NEE ;)

But yeah badass idea on their part, and display.

Cashcleaner
05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Montreal was pretty good, not on the same scale as my first trip with U-Sector in '08 or Kansas City last season, but still good nonetheless. I'll agree that the flares did look awesome, but being in the middle of them and coughing up half a lung...well, it's not so cool. Luckily, it was pretty easy to get some fresh up on the top deck so that's what I did. And I gotta give props to the Montreal Ultras for their response. You'll never see that sorta shit in Columbus.

uncle p
05-14-2010, 12:26 AM
^ Cash, what kinda response did UM02 give?

Ladies Love Julius James
05-14-2010, 12:27 AM

The noise and flares I assume.

Roogsy
05-14-2010, 12:38 AM
Montreal was pretty good, not on the same scale as my first trip with U-Sector in '08 or Kansas City last season, but still good nonetheless. I'll agree that the flares did look awesome, but being in the middle of them and coughing up half a lung...well, it's not so cool. Luckily, it was pretty easy to get some fresh up on the top deck so that's what I did. And I gotta give props to the Montreal Ultras for their response. You'll never see that sorta shit in Columbus.

Montreal definitely has a better group of supporters than the Columbus teeny boppers.

Cashcleaner
05-14-2010, 06:20 AM

What JJ said. They were rocking the flares and smoke almost as much as we were. The rest of the stadium was pretty much deserted, but the Ultras still brought a pretty good sized group.

brad
05-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, but here is what the FO thinks of the display (via twitter)

Paulbeirne (http://twitter.com/Paulbeirne)
TFC supporters were stupid and wreckless in Montreal yesterday. Flares are NEVER safe. Not what anyone wants for our club.

Followed up with another tweet (which I can't cut and paste for some reason) saying "Make that "some" TFC supporters"

KRO
05-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Thank you Paul. A voice of sanity.

koryo
05-14-2010, 08:40 AM
only thing rpb is good for is internet message boards and being fat alcoholics. Show them a flare and half of them will run away crying...

...coming soon to a pogey line near you.

If only you had to pass a minimum IQ test to even be allowed to set foot in a ground, that would quickly solve many problems.

Scotttay
05-14-2010, 10:29 AM
They kicked somebody out, and some of the other lads in the stands mentioned that tonight wasn't the first time the lad in question had been removed from a stadium.

Upon arrival, some of the traveling supporters were being denied entrance because of their flag poles. Does anybody know if they got in or not?

actually it was the first time i got ejected.

thanks for posting the pic that's what we need more pointing.

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2010, 10:55 AM

Through them. I asked why none of their cars were on fire yet.

Yeoman
05-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Don't shoot the messenger, but here is what the FO thinks of the display (via twitter)

Followed up with another tweet (which I can't cut and paste for some reason) saying "Make that "some" TFC supporters"

like i said in RCT to him
fuck you fucking fuck

Whoop
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM

There is a photo of this in today's Toronto Sun.

heather
05-14-2010, 11:03 AM
My highlights...

-smoke bomb goes off, security shows up, we point to the Ultras who have a few going off too, off goes security then the flares go off in our section for the first time :D

What happened to "all together, all together, hey hey!"

Whoop
05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I think he's talking about the Montreal Ultras.

heather
05-14-2010, 11:12 AM
Now that makes a hell of a lot more sense. Thanks Whoopee! :)

Inswingingwingman
05-15-2010, 05:19 AM
As a professional in one field, flares are totally safe in the hands of an experienced person. I've said this from day one, and been very quiet about it since. Pails, dry sand, and distance. That said you are at some minor risk if you do it all the time due to the deleterious products of combustion. However, the planning of proper pyro-technics can be added to the stadium experience, with planning considering the weather, the situation, and the reason for the thing. Letting a supporters group know that at kickoff -2 there will be a flare shooting in front of them (Or whatever) before the game, wind being right, is a massive show of support. Same goes for exploding stuff at Rogers Centre. Once the front office does it right, it will be nothing but positive.

I'm 100 percent in favour of what went on with flares in Montreal, and understand putting yourself in jeopardy for a reason. I wasn't a firefighter for over 30 years without that mantra. And I'm 100 percent against the same thing, for the same reason as PB, what if you got hurt. Which never stopped me from doing that last boiler maker after a great night and going WT......ugh ugh ugh f..........yuck. Take my keys now...

Petor
05-15-2010, 07:27 AM
What happened to "all together, all together, hey hey!"

Montreal Ultras, I thought it was straight forward.
:scarf::flare::scarf:

Torontotonto
05-16-2010, 11:05 PM
My highlights...

-Putting faces to names and meeting fellow RPBs at McLeans
-Metro ride to the stadium, chanting, bouncing!
-Grandma(80+) getting off at a station along the way and cheering us on
-Hotdogs are typical Montreal Forum type, yum
-Asking King Dave if he is going to keep his cloths on and getting a "shush" for a reply
-Dero's goal
-fun Metro ride back, it got interesting when I got off as my hotel is right downtown(Queen Elizabeth).

Probably more that I can add but my brain cells need more time to regenerate, maybe add more later.

My son and my first road trip, surely not to be forgotten.
Stayed a couple of extra days to check out the city.
Most exciting ride in a subway I've ever had, we were standing right by Grandma, the atmosphere in front of McCleans and Peel pub was unbelievable. Kudo's to the staff at McCleans for welcoming us there on such a big night for the Habs and city.

As for all the other supporters groups that were there as well as RPB.
All For One...