PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday,May 11

denime
05-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Mornin'

Big effort, big payoff for TFC (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/05/10/13901021.html)

Gargan Questionable For Wednesday (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/gargan-questionable-wednesday)

TFC Update with Steven Sandor-Video (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/05/10/13896531.html)

Development blocks Canada’s passage to World Cup (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/development-blocks-canadas-passage-to-world-cup/article1564309/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

shutupkid
05-11-2010, 06:26 AM
SSG is fugly.

Technorgasm
05-11-2010, 07:07 AM
What will the mood be if we beat MTL. . AGAIN?

what will the nay-sayers do if we somehow manage to hold off LA to get something from the game?

this is a real tough stretch for this squad, I hope winsper is not the missing link.
stayhealthy, play hard.. . get results. .

expectations are sly frickin high.

Oblio2
05-11-2010, 07:09 AM
SSG is fugly.

Butter face. nice boobicles though

scooter
05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
mornin d

ManUtd4ever
05-11-2010, 07:56 AM
It looks like Barrett has his feet firmly planted on the ground and the right attitude...

Interestingly, Barrett, who had all kinds of problems finishing chances last season, says he is not due goals, but rather “owes” them.
“I feel like from all that moaning and complaining I did last year (about BMO’s Field Turf), now that we have the grass, I think I owe some goals,” Barrett said. “I still owe a lot of goals and still have a lot of goals to give.”

Darlofletch
05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/807468--toronto-fc-s-chad-barrett-finally-finding-back-of-net

Kaz
05-11-2010, 08:33 AM
SSG is fugly.

She's got breasts which makes her better then you...

flambe
05-11-2010, 09:02 AM
She's got breasts which makes her better then you...

haha

Steve
05-11-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm really excited for Barrett right now. I mean, if he is going to rise up and be a dominant striker on our team, now's the time. We have grass, we have a coach that believes in him, we have fans that believe in him (not all, granted, but most seem to be on his side this season) and he has confidence in himself. Everything is in place. If he can use that to his advantage, I think he can come up big for us. I've always said that his biggest problem was psychological, so it's time to shine.

My biggest fear though, is that he gets into another slump, the fans turn on him, and he starts to doubt himself again. If that happens, I don't know if he has the ability to rise back up. I just have this feeling he's like Tinkerbell "I do believe Barrett can score, I do believe Barrett can score". If Preki believes, and we believe, he will do it.

DangerRed
05-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm really excited for Barrett right now. I mean, if he is going to rise up and be a dominant striker on our team, now's the time. We have grass, we have a coach that believes in him, we have fans that believe in him (not all, granted, but most seem to be on his side this season) and he has confidence in himself. Everything is in place. If he can use that to his advantage, I think he can come up big for us. I've always said that his biggest problem was psychological, so it's time to shine.

My biggest fear though, is that he gets into another slump, the fans turn on him, and he starts to doubt himself again. If that happens, I don't know if he has the ability to rise back up. I just have this feeling he's like Tinkerbell "I do believe Barrett can score, I do believe Barrett can score". If Preki believes, and we believe, he will do it.

I've bitched and moaned about Barrett as much as the next guy, but I really think he's finding his feet right now and hope he builds on the confidence from Chicago.

In terms of a slump, I don't think anything can be as bad as last year. I mean, it's theoretically possible he could not score another goal all season, but I think it's highly unlikely.

Barrett is a classic Preki player: hard work, a little luck and last and least, a bit of talent. Love it.

zamperina
05-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Funny how the tables turn whereas we traded essentially McBride for Barrett, it seemed lopsided the last couple of years but now seems the investment has payed off for TFC. I know this is McBride's last season but reading the Shitcago boards it seems thay want him to retire now.

James17930
05-11-2010, 09:47 AM
^ Everyone should be reminded that we didn't 'trade McBride for Barrett.' We traded McBride's rights -- which we basically dangled in front of Chicago like food in front of a dying man -- for Barrett.

McBride had literally 0% chance of coming here. He said he would only go to Chicago or retire. So, literally, we got Barrett for free. So yeah, if he gets hot now -- best trade ever.

keem-o-sabi
05-11-2010, 09:50 AM
Coed Girls 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/05/11/miss-coed-jesse-preston/) (oh my) and 2 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/05/09/miss-coed-brianna-young/)

Lucky Strike
05-11-2010, 10:29 AM
It looks like Barrett has his feet firmly planted on the ground and the right attitude...

Interestingly, Barrett, who had all kinds of problems finishing chances last season, says he is not due goals, but rather “owes” them.
“I feel like from all that moaning and complaining I did last year (about BMO’s Field Turf), now that we have the grass, I think I owe some goals,” Barrett said. “I still owe a lot of goals and still have a lot of goals to give.”

This kind of stuff just warms the cockles of your heart doesn't it?

sulfur
05-11-2010, 10:36 AM
Bolton is confirmed to be the Carlsberg Cup game (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/bolton-wanderers-fc-play-carlsberg-cup) on Wednesday July 21/10

Also, two Academy players (Henry + Stinson) are called up to the Canada U-20 team (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/tfc-youngsters-get-national-call).

Roogsy
05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Bolton.

Geez. :rolleyes:

I swear, Toronto has been shafted in most of these friendlies. We get West Ham for the All-Star, and this year they get Man United. We get Villa for our first friendly and Seattle gets Barcelona.

We got Madrid yes...but not part of our package...and boy did we have to pay for that ticket.

Sonny Cheeba
05-11-2010, 10:38 AM
anyone wanna buy my ticket to the carlesberg cup?

Whoop
05-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Bolton? LOL Sorry wiz.

I thought PB said that teams were lining up to play TFC when we got grass.

Oh well.

ACSertL
05-11-2010, 10:43 AM
Bolton? LOL Sorry wiz.

I thought PB said that teams were lining up to play TFC when we got grass.

Oh well.

Bolton must have just got to the front of the queue before everyone else.

Don Julio
05-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd rather play the Crew again.

Ok, maybe not, but still. Fuck it, I'm gonna go to New York that week and watch some interesting friendlies.

Just terrible.

bgnewf
05-11-2010, 10:50 AM
I am always excited to see clubs like Bolton come to BMO Field. I remember the Villa game from season one being one of my favourite nights ever at the stadium.

When would I ever get the chance to see teams like this otherwise? Well done.

I would have loved to see Fiorentina instead (not being critical, just want to see some Serie A teams come here), but it is what it is. I can't people are turning their noses up at a premiership side for a ticket they have already paid for.

Geez boys, decaf is in the orange pot.

ManUtd4ever
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
This kind of stuff just warms the cockles of your heart doesn't it?

Barrett has frustrated me as much as the next guy but I find myself pulling for him to succeed more than anyone else on the club because he's a workhorse and he has the potential to be a top quality striker by MLS standards. He also scored the biggest goal in TFC history thus far.

I truly believe Barrett is poised for a breakout season with Preki at the helm, a superb attacking midfielder in DeRo, and a decent strike partner in OBW...

Whoop
05-11-2010, 10:53 AM
I'll likely end up going as a) I've paid for the ticket already and b) I won't be able to sell it. LOL

ACSertL
05-11-2010, 10:55 AM
I am sooooo bringing my Finland flag. :)

McBrace
05-11-2010, 10:56 AM
I can't recall..Have we every won this game?

Don Julio
05-11-2010, 10:58 AM
I'll likely end up going as a) I've paid for the ticket already and b) I won't be able to sell it. LOL

Do they think they're actually going to be able to sell the non-STH tickets?

and, nice try:

Bolton, a borough of Greater Manchester, England is currently the club with the highest number of seasons in the top flight; this past season was their 71st.I think you mean "the highest number of seasons in the top flight whilst winning fuck all!"

Hell, Arsenal's been in 85 in a row.

Sonny Cheeba
05-11-2010, 10:59 AM
it's just typical that we land Bolton

if we were to land another big team. it wouldn't be for the carlesberg cup. it would be for wallet-rapist tickets.

heaven forbid we get a team that's played in the fuckin europe. Bate Borisov or some shit.

or instead of having Panithanaikos and Benfica have a kissing match for us to watch, one of them play TFC.

maninb
05-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Bolton.

Geez. :rolleyes:

I swear, Toronto has been shafted in most of these friendlies. We get West Ham for the All-Star, and this year they get Man United. We get Villa for our first friendly and Seattle gets Barcelona.

We got Madrid yes...but not part of our package...and boy did we have to pay for that ticket.

IMO that Villa game was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen at BMO yet....it could have finished 7-6...great end to end, open football, and they brought all their best players....Bolton is certainly better than Independente or Pachua....It could be better but so much worse...

ManUtd4ever
05-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I am always excited to see clubs like Bolton come to BMO Field. I remember the Villa game from season one being one of my favourite nights ever at the stadium.

I would have loved to see Fiorentina instead (not being critical, just want to see some Serie A teams come here), but it is what it is. I can't people are turning their noses up at a premiership side for a ticket they have already paid for.

Geez boys, decaf is in the orange pot.

A few years ago Bolton might have generated more excitement but their stock has fallen drastically over the last few years with their struggles to avoid relegation in the EPL. Nonetheless, I agree that it's still a match that should be entertaining and far more competitive than watching TFC get dismantled by a top tier European powerhouse...

Oldtimer
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I can't recall..Have we every won this game?

We've lost both of them, so far.

ManUtd4ever
05-11-2010, 11:13 AM
IMO that Villa game was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen at BMO yet....it could have finished 7-6...great end to end, open football, and they brought all their best players....Bolton is certainly better than Independente or Pachua....It could be better but so much worse...

I thought so too...

Technorgasm
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
^ Everyone should be reminded that we didn't 'trade McBride for Barrett.' We traded McBride's rights -- which we basically dangled in front of Chicago like food in front of a dying man -- for Barrett.

McBride had literally 0% chance of coming here. He said he would only go to Chicago or retire. So, literally, we got Barrett for free. So yeah, if he gets hot now -- best trade ever.

I met Mo at Spice Route when he was showing McBride (and Huckerby for that matter) Aroudn town. . that guy is a douche. .

(which guy I am refering to is up to you. . same diff)

McBrace
05-11-2010, 11:19 AM
We've lost both of them, so far.

Not that it matters, but it would be nice to win...

Roogsy
05-11-2010, 12:06 PM

I don't have a "chance" to see Energie Cottbus either...it doesn't mean I "want" to.

I can't people are turning their noses up at a premiership side for a ticket they have already paid for.

That's the point. I'd rather not pay for it. Like Whoopee said, I'd rather they take the cost out of the ticket. This game does nothing to "promote" TFC, the league or soccer. It will barely be on people's radar. How do I know? Because it won't be on mine, and if me, a self-acknowledged soccer-addict can barely muster interest in this game, why would a less-than dedicated soccer fan care?

Whoop
05-11-2010, 12:14 PM
How about this - take the cost out of the ticket and if they want to bring in a gigantic team like [insert huge team]... now there's a choice.

You might have to pay more... but if you give SSHs first rights to their seats - take it or leave - I'm sure you won't get angry SSHs.

Pachuco
05-11-2010, 12:59 PM
How about this - take the cost out of the ticket and if they want to bring in a gigantic team like [insert huge team]... now there's a choice.

You might have to pay more... but if you give SSHs first rights to their seats - take it or leave - I'm sure you won't get angry SSHs.

Yeap, but you know why they won't do it right? because they'll have to make the effort to sell tickets. Imagine that.

Hustle
05-11-2010, 01:23 PM
I don't have a "chance" to see Energie Cottbus either...it doesn't mean I "want" to.

As one who has seen Energie Cottbus get lit up by Bayern in Munich, I can report you don't want to see Energie Cottbus, but the chicks that support that team are gorgeous and that's got to account for something!

ENERGIE COTTBUS TO BMO FOR 2011!!!

TFC115
05-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Does anyone have a video of saturday's post game cheering at the front gates? I saw alot of people with cell phones and cams out.

colman1860
05-11-2010, 05:33 PM

lol while I get your point, you should rethink your choice of team. I was in Germany for two weeks recently and went to see Cottbus-Union Berlin on a Monday night. It was one of the best atmospheres I've ever seen, really nice, traditional stadium, roof all around, and an awesome East-German derby (final score 4:2).

Nonetheless, point taken:rolleyes:

boban
05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
SSG is fugly.
She needs to bathe also.

Roogsy
05-11-2010, 07:42 PM
As one who has seen Energie Cottbus get lit up by Bayern in Munich, I can report you don't want to see Energie Cottbus, but the chicks that support that team are gorgeous and that's got to account for something!

ENERGIE COTTBUS TO BMO FOR 2011!!!

If they bring their chicks...then I will back your nomination for Energie Cottbus! :thumbsup:

Roogsy
05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Yeap, but you know why they won't do it right? because they'll have to make the effort to sell tickets. Imagine that.

I have two words in response to this post.

Bing

and go.

levyashin
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
:drum:Bolton are a good team with alot of history,i am sure that the game will be very entertaining and worth watching.If you want Man.U. vCeltic pay way over the odds and get shafted with 20 mins of 1st team and the rest will be 2nd or 3rd stringers.:hump: