PDA

View Full Version : TFC @ Montreal pre-match thread Wed May 12 8PM

Oldtimer
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
So, Preki pulls DeRo part-way through the Chicago game to keep him fresh for Montreal.

Will we see the same lineup since Montreal has 3 players out?

My guess is Preki plays DeRo but rests JDG for at least part of the game.

Red CB Toronto
05-10-2010, 08:39 PM
With the Reds in town to face the Impact and now with the Habs forcing a game 7 in their Eastern Conference series with Pittsburgh, the city is going to be nuts, it is going to be a great day all around, sports in the air.Going to be interesting to see how many show up a Saputo, I can see a big drop off in the casual walkup crowd, but in the end all that matters is a Reds win big time.

jazzy
05-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Good luck in getting into a sports bar......hit the stores....drink in a restaurant.....go Pittsburg!....Go TFC / Go RPB's

Nodoubtguy
05-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Be careful walking downtown!!! If MTL wins, it will be crazy and people can party too much and if they lose, a bunch of Toronto fans might be a good target to vent frustrations on.

drewski
05-10-2010, 08:46 PM
I'll have my TFC jersey on and my TC Crosby jersey tied around my neck :D:D:D

Like going to my 1st TFC away game and seeing a TFC V Limpact wasn't good enough, now I'll get the bonus of watching Habs fans hearts break. Gonna be a glorious day!

Pachuco
05-10-2010, 08:49 PM
The city will be nuts. Right up until tfc eliminates the limpact and Pittsburgh eliminates the crabs.

drewski
05-10-2010, 08:51 PM
we should arrange a chant for when the Pens eliminate the Habs.

Perhaps a simple, ole ole ole, or na na na na, na na na na, hey habs, goodbye :D

werewolf
05-10-2010, 08:52 PM
there's only one sporting event going on to Montrealers that day, and its not the one I am attending.

Carts
05-10-2010, 08:57 PM
FUNNY NOTE: Game-7 between Montreal/Washington was on the same day as the Toronto/Montreal NCC game (back on April 28th)...

Now, the Habs have again pushed a series to 7-games as the huge underdog, and we're playing the Impact again on the same night...

Worked out well for us last time - and I'm guessing most Montreal sports fans would gladly sacrafice another Impact loss, if it means a Canadiens win...

What are the odds...?

Carts...

drewski
05-10-2010, 08:58 PM
this could be like watching toronto in ottawa. we're gonna out volume them :D

BC101
05-10-2010, 08:59 PM
there's only one sporting event going on to Montrealers that day, and its not the one I am attending.
yep fucking shitty ass pittsburgh couldn't get the job done. Saputo=Ghost town.

TFCUNITED
05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Pittsburgh wants to make so more money so they are making it a 7 game series. :D

Whoop
05-10-2010, 09:03 PM
Meh... we can overtake their stadium. LOL

Toronto_Bhoy
05-10-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll have my TFC jersey on and my TC Crosby jersey tied around my neck :D:D:D

Hope it's not chocking you like Sid the Kid…he reminds me of Ladycakes on skates!!!

McGill
05-10-2010, 09:39 PM
I plan on being @ the Reds - Impact game. Hopefully Montreal will lose both games ;)

Roogsy
05-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Looks like Wednesday is shaping up to be a dark, dark day for Montreal sports fans. :D

Rudi
05-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Meh... we can overtake their stadium. LOL
My thoughts exactly.

Stade Saputo is going to be a ghost town.

Roogsy
05-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Should I grab the train up for the game??? :noidea:

TFCUNITED
05-10-2010, 10:10 PM
How many TFC fans are expected to be in Montreal?

Shakes McQueen
05-10-2010, 10:15 PM
The city will be nuts. Right up until tfc eliminates the limpact and Pittsburgh eliminates the crabs.

Fuckin right.

- Scott

Rudi
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
DO IT!

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 10:28 PM
I think DeRo will be pulled if and when the result is settled; I think after the Salt Lake debacle, DeRo probably would be the first to object to a repeat...even if Barrett is still on fire.

Should be a sparsely attended match due to the Habs going to Game 7 -- should make for a helluva Thursday if the Habs and Limpact lose all on the same night.

This is an important match boys -- win and we're well in the box seat for the tournament.

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Again, the scenarios...

CURRENTLY:

TFC P1-1W-0D-0L = 3 (+2)
VAN P1-0W-1D-0L = 1 (0)
MTL P2-0W-1D-1L = 1 (-2)

We win this match (assume 1-0 win), and this is what we're going to be looking at:

TFC P2-2W-0D-0L = 6 (+3)
VAN P1-0W-1D-0L = 1 (0)
MTL P3-0W-1D-2L = 1 (-3)

If we DRAW (assume 1-1):

TFC P2-1W-1D-0L = 4 (+2)
MTL P3-0W-2D-1L = 2 (-2)
VAN P1-0W-1D-0L = 1 (0)

If we LOSE (heaven forbid, say an 0-1)...

MTL P3-1W-1D-1L = 4 (-1)
TFC P2-1W-0D-1L = 3 (+1)
VAN P1-0W-1D-0L = 1 (0)

We win, we make Vancouver's life that much harder, and pretty much takes the Limpact out of contention (max. pts. they can get is 4)

We draw, and we give them a lifeline, albeit a thin one (which they can strengthen with a win over Vancouver at home).

We lose, we pretty much let the cat back amongst the pigeons.

So...in conclusion: COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

James17930
05-10-2010, 10:42 PM
^ Thanks for that info.

I think that JDG might play the whole match, with De Ro subbing out around the 65th, 70th minute if we're ahead.

We'll also have to see how long Barrett lasts, although, as, I think Jason DeVos pointed out, Barrett's now played 3 straight 90 mins, so maybe his cramping issues are behind him.

colman1860
05-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Will this be on at Shoeless? I was planning to come into town to watch the game there, but with the Habs in game 7 I'm a bit worried...

colman1860
05-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Thought you were a bad luck charm...:rolleyes:

Whoop
05-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Good point! LOL

AL-MO
05-10-2010, 11:18 PM

He is.

The last game I saw him at was the 4-1 to New England!!! :lol:

Workie
05-10-2010, 11:37 PM
Just don't get caught pooping on anything..... :D

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 11:43 PM
More scenarios:

If we WIN on Wednesday night, we're in the box seat of the comp. Montreal is effectively out, regardless of result of the result vs. Vancouver.

However, this doesn't bury Vancouver completely either since they have those games in hand. If they BEAT Montreal away, here's where it would stand:

TFC 2-0-0 = 6
VAN 1-1-0 = 4
MTL 0-1-2 = 1

To clinch in any scenario IF we beat Montreal, we just simply need to beat Vancouver once (goal differential may not matter). It's a tall order, but nothing unachievable. But the key again -- BEAT MONTREAL!

twistedchinaman
05-10-2010, 11:57 PM
Good point! LOL

Hmmm...every time I've been to a game Roogsy went to, we lost. So I guess I'm a +1 on the Roogsy + Road Game = Bad bandwagon.

Sorry Roogs. :)

Yohan
05-11-2010, 01:53 AM
Chad Barrett spanking Mtl show, round 4 ;)

he is Mtl's bogeyman

redcard
05-11-2010, 07:18 AM
I sense a victory on Wednesday for teams that wear red!!!

Thats right victories for TFC and the Habs!

Dman81
05-11-2010, 07:35 AM
How many TFC fans are expected to be in Montreal?

237 + 1 stuffed moose

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2010, 07:43 AM
I sense a victory on Wednesday for teams that wear red!!!

Thats right victories for TFC and the Habs!

That would be wrong. Same city. Same city loses.

Roam, if at all, in packs people! Win or lose Habs fans, especially plastics ones, will look for any excuse to vent.

Oh and if you see people rolling cars don't worry about it. That's what Montreal does when they're sad...or happy...or bored.

Eastend
05-11-2010, 07:53 AM
2 wins for my Red teams...GO TFC, and GO HABS GO.

Ageroo
05-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Be careful walking downtown!!! If MTL wins, it will be crazy and people can party too much and if they lose, a bunch of Toronto fans might be a good target to vent frustrations on.

Good point Sal.....last year almost got into it with a drunken Montrealer trying to be all cool and stuff........I may look tame, but BC doesn't call me Angryroo for nothing....;)

Just a word of advice for all going....stay in groups...especially if the HAbs lose....heck even if they don't lose as well...

Flint
05-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Any other team and Id be cheering against the habs. But Cindy Crosby and Pittsburgh is the only other team I hate more.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2010, 08:05 AM

^Only in North America...:facepalm:

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Any other team and Id be cheering against the habs. But Cindy Crosby and Pittsburgh is the only other team I hate more.

Dude. Hate them equally. It's not the final. BTW, He answers to CAPTAIN CANADA now.

Razor
05-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Habs suck! :D

TFC and Pittsburgh will be victorious on Wednesday.

Roogsy
05-11-2010, 08:11 AM

:lol:

That answers that!

drewski
05-11-2010, 08:12 AM
not the biggest Crosby fan but he did win us the gold, and they do have a lot fo other great players. that plus my absolute dislike of the Habs means I'm a Pens fan :D

Eastend
05-11-2010, 08:17 AM

^Only in North America...:facepalm:

Not sure what your point is but I also have a RED team in Eupore if that helps diversify things for you.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Not sure what your point is but I also have a RED team in Eupore if that helps diversify things for you.

Nope. It don't but I'm sure you've got your reasons. I just don't subscribe.

My city. My teams.

Anyway, I'm sure there's enough Habitons you can celebrate with that won't know what city that badge your wearing on your chest is from.

bgnewf
05-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Why squad rotation has to happen & why we all owe a debt of gratitude to a certain Montreal Canadiens goaltender.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/05/squad-rotation-%e2%80%93-it-has-to-happen

billyfly
05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
All you guys and your Hab stuff can screw off.

Toronto Board - PLS stay within TORONTO Teams

JamboAl
05-11-2010, 09:33 AM
Hmmm...no matter how the hockey game turns out, kinda glad I'm on a bus back to Ottawa after the game.

kitchener-TFC
05-11-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm hoping to see Dero, Deguzman and White to all see less playing time on Wednesday. If we go into the second half or the 65th minture up a goal or two, these three should come off a little early. Wednesday would be a perfect oppourtunity to play Ibrahim and Cronin.

bgnewf
05-11-2010, 09:37 AM
All you guys and your Hab stuff can screw off.

Toronto Board - PLS stay within TORONTO Teams

Not slagging the habs dude. With due respect that city will not be focusing on the TFC v Impact match at all tomorrow night. There will be a lot more empty seats than normal at Saputo and this is an advantage for TFC. The TFC fans will be there for soccer, and the Impact fans will have their minds somewhere else.

My only concern is that I hope TFC fans travelling to Montreal have the good sense to watch themselves and travel around the city in groups as win or lose there might be a lot of exuberant habs fans out looking for trouble.

billyfly
05-11-2010, 09:40 AM
^I'm not referring to you bgnewf, its my other RPB brethren that seem to forget there is a time and place.

Pachuco
05-11-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping to see Dero, Deguzman and White to all see less playing time on Wednesday. If we go into the second half or the 65th minture up a goal or two, these three should come off a little early. Wednesday would be a perfect oppourtunity to play Ibrahim and Cronin.

I'm not sure about OBW needing a break. If anything, Barett's probably the one that needs a break first.

Steve
05-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure about OBW needing a break. If anything, Barett's probably the one that needs a break first.

Yeah, Barrett has played 90 minutes of the last three games. He has never done that before. I'm somewhat curious to see how long he can go, but in another way, I know he needs a break. I say either start him and take him off at the half, or bring him on at the half for a super sub.

Super
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
I'm not really sure I fully understand why Saputo stadium would be empty tomorrow night. Sure, the Habs are in their game 7, but surely there must be thousands of footy fans who couldn't give one rats ass about hockey - and they should be out to support their team against TFC.

I'd go watch TFC in ANY GAME regardless of whether or not the Leafs are playing game 7 in the Stanley Cup or not. Hockey is not my game.

jaxul
05-11-2010, 10:06 AM
2-0 again...no problems imo. Barrett & DeRo

Montreal have shown NOTHING last game.

I predict 4 wins for TFC, 12 points...bring on the south americans! :D

Oldtimer
05-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm not really sure I fully understand why Saputo stadium would be empty tomorrow night. Sure, the Habs are in their game 7, but surely there must be thousands of footy fans who couldn't give one rats ass about hockey - and they should be out to support their team against TFC.

I'd go watch TFC in ANY GAME regardless of whether or not the Leafs are playing game 7 in the Stanley Cup or not. Hockey is not my game.

The Habs in a Stanley Cup run involves more than just hockey fans. It's just like the WC time in Toronto, people who don't normally care about soccer are watching the games.

uncle p
05-11-2010, 10:36 AM

But to ALLOT of people in Montreal (and T.O for that matter) Hockey isnt a game, its a lifestyle lol...there will be lots more empty seats this time around, i wouldnt be suprised if there were less ultra's than usual for this one

tfcleeds
05-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Haha, some "ultras" they are if they would rather watch Habs than L'Impact.

I understand that everything else takes a back seat when the Habs are in playoffs, but if you call yourself an ultra, at least show up at the game.

Super
05-11-2010, 10:44 AM
Well, if EVER the Leafs are in a similar situation and play at the same time as TFC I'll be sure to enjoy the extra legroom at BMO then :D Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good hockey game, but I'm football first, and TFC is my team.

drewski
05-11-2010, 10:44 AM
The Habs in a Stanley Cup run involves more than just hockey fans. It's just like the WC time in Toronto, people who don't normally care about soccer are watching the games.

+1

I don't watch a lot of hockey during the season, but I've watched pretty much every Pens game so far, and generally, I'm not a Pens fan, just anti-Ottawa & Montreal.

But to ALLOT of people in Montreal (and T.O for that matter) Hockey isnt a game, its a lifestyle lol...there will be lots more empty seats this time around, i wouldnt be suprised if there were less ultra's than usual for this one

more than lifestyle, in Montreal, hockey can be a religion!

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/572770

sure they have their ultra's who are going to show up regardless of what else is going on, but just like in Toronto recently, there will significant drop off in attendance from the fairweather fans who are swept up in the Stanley Cup playoffs

Super
05-11-2010, 10:45 AM
Haha, some "ultras" they are if they would rather watch Habs than L'Impact.

I understand that everything else takes a back seat when the Habs are in playoffs, but if you call yourself an ultra, at least show up at the game.

Goes to show how deep the loyalty is to their team. "We'll support you all the way ... unless the Habs are playing".

JamboAl
05-11-2010, 10:52 AM
I'm afraid to say this but hockey is still the #1 sport in Canada by a large margin. The people who are active on this board would probably go to BMO than watch a Game 7 involving the Leafs. But there would be thousands of people dressed up as empty seats if that were to happen be it Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Just look at all those empty seats because of some wind and rain on Saturday. And that included the supporters sections.

Beach_Red
05-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Goes to show how deep the loyalty is to their team. "We'll support you all the way ... unless the Habs are playing".

Yes, but the Canadiens are a religion:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/572770

But the Imact will be #2 in Montreal very soon, if they aren't already. Montreal has no baseball team, no NBA team, no desire for an NFL team, no lacrosse team...

There may be more people at this game than people expect.

Super
05-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm afraid to say this but hockey is still the #1 sport in Canada by a large margin. The people who are active on this board would probably go to BMO than watch a Game 7 involving the Leafs. But there would be thousands of people dressed up as empty seats if that were to happen be it Toronto, Montreal or Vancouver. Just look at all those empty seats because of some wind and rain on Saturday. And that included the supporters sections.

Hockey is most definitely the #1 in Canada, and that's the way it is - and that's fine by me. It's religion here like football is religion everywhere else. The true supporters will show up, but not the rest.

Hey - I guess it's the way it is here in Canada. Footy is second to a lot of people who follow the Impact, and TFC, and that's just the way it is. Never for me, but then I'm not born into hockey.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2010, 11:25 AM

In the same annoying vein the lamest fairweather chant is when a team's doing poorly the idiot chants come out.

"This team I'm watching in the stands is doing poorly this game so I'll cheer for that other team in my city that IS NOT playing right in front of me. Huhyukyuk."

hilarious

ManUtd4ever
05-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I would like to see the following starting lineup tomorrow night:

---------------Frei---------------
Usanov-Attakora-Cann-Hscanovics
Peterson-------JDG---------Cronin
---------------DeRo--------------
--------Barrett------White--------

DeRo, JDG, and Barrett all rested over the last 30-40 minutes. I predict a 3-1 victory for TFC...

:scarf:

Super
05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
We should play full squad in the first half - and then depending on the result rest guys in the second half.

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
^Agreed Supes.

This is wayyyyyy more important to me than LA on Sat.

Super
05-11-2010, 11:43 AM
^Agreed Supes.

I think if we beat Montreal tomorrow the tournament will be ours to lose. All we then have to do is beat Vancouver at home and we're done. Lose to Montreal and it could be a mess.

drewski
05-11-2010, 11:46 AM
^Agreed Supes.

+1

if only cause I got a 2 hour drive back to to Ottawa with my Limpact supporting cousins

devioustrevor
05-11-2010, 12:32 PM
I actually hope the Habs beat the Pens tomorrow night. It will make for a wicked party downtown after TFC embarrasses the Impact.

Carts
05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I actually hope the Habs beat the Pens tomorrow night. It will make for a wicked party downtown after TFC embarrasses the Impact.

Hab fans seem to riot when they win - and just take it when they lose...

I want the Habs to eliminate Crosby (even though I am no Habs fan) but watch yourselves if they do win - mob mentality can make people do things they wouldn't normally do...

And please - nobody jump into the riot (if it happens). Last thing we need is seeing a guy in a TFC jersey burning a cop car - with the headline "Soccer Hooligans from Toronto Riot in Montreal"...

Carts...

James17930
05-11-2010, 12:47 PM
I think a little of this is definitely in order:

TCeYSPsKe5A

Thanks Techno! :D

daner90
05-11-2010, 01:25 PM

I will be watching the Flyers game primarily tommorow night, I dont think that makes me any less of a supporter of TFC, it just happens that a team have been following my whole life is playing in an elimination game. I love the NCC more than the MLS regular season but shit happens.

Oldtimer
05-11-2010, 01:58 PM
I would like to see the following starting lineup tomorrow night:

Peterson-------JDG---------Cronin
---------------DeRo--------------

DeRo, JDG, and Barrett all rested over the last 30-40 minutes. I predict a 3-1 victory for TFC...

:scarf:

With the injuries and a desire to rest players, I have a nagging fear that Nick Garcia will see the pitch, like he did the last Montreal game until he was taken out.

Brooker
05-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Braz out for next game? He did make the odd nice tackle on DeRo last time so that'd be nice.

Also, is it possible that this is the game we finally rest Frei? cuz odds are he's gonna have a lot of work to do against LA.

Carts
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Braz out for next game? He did make the odd nice tackle on DeRo last time so that'd be nice.

Also, is it possible that this is the game we finally rest Frei? cuz odds are he's gonna have a lot of work to do against LA.

Based on Preki's logic it might be the opposit...

Rest the big guns on games where he thinks we're toast anyway...

Carts...

billyfly
05-11-2010, 06:01 PM
I will be watching the Flyers game primarily tommorow night, I dont think that makes me any less of a supporter of TFC, it just happens that a team have been following my whole life is playing in an elimination game. I love the NCC more than the MLS regular season but shit happens.

The difference is Daner (as I've stated before) don't FREAKIN TALK ABOUT IT on a Toronto based board about soccer. If you are going to be a treacherous Hab fan, do so on another board or in the NHL thread, not on a thread about a TORONTO based team where we also happen to be dissin' the freakin team that represents that other city in question.

daner90
05-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Fuck this has nothing to do with a specific team, who cares if this is a Toronto based board. All I am saying is that I am not less of a supporter because I have another team to watch. Guaranteed if the Leafs were playing a playoff game tmw night you wouldn't be watching TFC.

billyfly
05-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I ain't talkin' to you Daner. I am talkin' to the Hab guys who are wearing shirts with the word TORONTO on it but then are celebrating one with Montreal on it 2 secs later.

As I stated before, you are free to do what you want I but I will never understand or condone their (and yours) "Cafeteria Torontonism"

jloome
05-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Fuck this has nothing to do with a specific team, who cares if this is a Toronto based board. All I am saying is that I am not less of a supporter because I have another team to watch. Guaranteed if the Leafs were playing a playoff game tmw night you wouldn't be watching TFC.

ACtually, by definition, giving up watching your team to watch another team is pretty much being less of a supporter. Not necessarily anything to apologize for, but it is what it is.

billyfly
05-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Go Toronto FC! Destroy the Montreal LimpAct!

Dave67
05-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Based on Preki's logic it might be the opposit...

Rest the big guns on games where he thinks we're toast anyway...

Carts...

After the Chicago game last weekend I am warming to this idea. Crush Montreal and then mail it in to LA. We almost never beat West coast teams anyway.

rocktml
05-11-2010, 07:26 PM
How many ppl will be making the trip?

Oldtimer
05-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Good news for people in some regions: there will be a live stream

TV:
The match kicks off at 8:00 p.m. live on Rogers Sportsnet East and West along with a live stream on sportsnet.ca (http://www.sportsnet.ca/) for those who live in other regions.

On Rogers:
Sportsnet East: 403
Sportsnet West: 504

On Bell:
Sportsnet East: 406
Sportsnet West: 408Please contact your service provider for other listings.

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/montreal-broadcast-info

Red CB Toronto
05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Are people going to go and salute the troops when they board their bus in Montreal to head over to Saputo for battle. Anyone know where they are staying in the city of fun and more. It will be good to line the street in Red, Toronto Red of course.

devioustrevor
05-11-2010, 08:20 PM
How many ppl will be making the trip?

Me, my train leaves London at 6:20 so I have a really early morning tomorrow considering it takes 40 minutes just to get to London.

tfcleeds
05-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Haha, after watching those highlights again, I never realized it was Garcia who was responsible for giving up the MTL penalty. Seems fitting.

Super
05-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm very excited about this game. I have a feeling that it's going to be a lot harder than we think, though, and that does worry me a bit.

BC101
05-11-2010, 09:45 PM
super going to MTL?

werewolf
05-11-2010, 09:48 PM
how many away fans are expected?

Super
05-11-2010, 09:55 PM
super going to MTL?

No, I'm going to miss this one unfortunately. :(

Hustle
05-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Wish I could be there again as I am so pumped for this match.

To all that are going to this match....represent loud and have fun. Try not to take the metro to far off its rails :)

koryo
05-12-2010, 07:47 AM
To everyone on their way to Montreal today:

Have a blast, give 'em hell.

Get home safe.

tfcleeds
05-12-2010, 07:51 AM
Beware marauding Habs fans, especially if they win, I suppose.

saint2e
05-12-2010, 08:39 AM
I have a feeling both Montreal teams will lose tonight.

billyfly
05-12-2010, 08:50 AM
Fast approaching the approx. noon deadline if I am going to go to MTL or not.

tfcleeds
05-12-2010, 08:54 AM
^Do it! You know you want to. Besides, the opportunity to be in Montreal when the Habs get knocked out of the playoffs is too good to miss...

deltox
05-12-2010, 08:56 AM
didnt habs fans go rioting the last time they were kicked out the playoffs?

menefreghista
05-12-2010, 08:59 AM
didnt habs fans go rioting the last time they were kicked out the playoffs?

Habs fans are retards. They riot whether they win or lose.

Oldtimer
05-12-2010, 09:36 AM
The Montreal Ultras are pumped for this match. From their board:

Alors ce soir les dechets sont en ville. Le but c'est qu'on doit nous entendre plus qu'eux, on doit nous voir plus qu'eux. Meme concept avec les drapeaux. Ils faut faire plus, fuck le match numero 7, c'est au stade saputo que ca se joue. l'histoire on l'ecrit au s.s. My rough translation:

Now, the trash will be in town this evening. The goal is for us to be heard more than them, to be seen more than them. Same concept with the flags. It's necessary to do more, f*** match #7, it's at Stade Saputo where it's played. History will be written at Stade Saputo.I guess they'll have flags instead of garbage bags. Garbage bags would be more suitable, given their (literal) "trash"-talking. :lol:

J .
05-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Lol the Limp Acts.

Youre merde and you know your merde....

4-1 TFC

Technorgasm
05-12-2010, 09:54 AM
"History will be written at Stade Saputo. "

It was. . . . 6-1. . . Freakin Eat it!

2 - 1 TFC. . .dont even bother taking the trophy out of the case at BMO. . it si going no where. . . just like Limp act.

I hope some folks ear leaf kits undertheir TFC shirts. . . . would be cool to let them know Toronto is there and we feed on their losses. . . .

bgnewf
05-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Killer Instinct – Does TFC Have It?

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/05/killer-instinct-%e2%80%93-does-tfc-have-it/ (http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/05/killer-instinct-%e2%80%93-does-tfc-have-it/)

Comments as always welcome

If Toronto FC does what its fans all hope they can do tonight, eliminate the Montréal Impact and take a stranglehold on the Voyageurs Cup, an assist on the score sheet will most likely need to go to the Montréal Canadiens.

Even more so than Toronto, Montréal is a hockey town. With the Habs playing a winner take all game seven tonight in Pittsburgh it is very likely that a large segment of its most fervent supporters will be at a pub somewhere watching hockey instead of the soccer game. The hundreds of TFC fans going to Montréal will probably make their presence felt far above their actual numbers as their only focus will be on the soccer game and not some other event.

Tonight Toronto FC has the chance to make the stretch of games they have over the next few weeks a little easier. As I mentioned here yesterday Toronto plays in Los Angeles against the undefeated Galaxy Saturday night, then to Vancouver next Wednesday for the Voyageurs Cup game, then home to New England on the 22nd. If TFC can take care of business tonight then it means that they can possibly salt away the Cup competition next week in Vancouver. That makes the last game of the tournament scheduled for June 2nd just a formality. In this scenario Toronto will be hoisting the trophy in front of their home fans in June while being able to rest worn out regulars.

There are two other important factors at play in tonight’s game that I think are critical for the club. First is getting an away win. Four league games away from home and four losses is the reality the club has faced so far this season. And with a game in Los Angeles against the league leaders on the weekend there is no time like the present to show themselves what is possible away from home. Montréal is down three players due to red card suspensions and Toronto is coming off their best offensive display since the “Montréal Miracle” last year.

Momentum in sports is a very important thing and a team like Toronto FC with so many new players on it needs to know tangibly that they have the ability to go away from home and win a game. They can be told and told and told they can do it until Preki turns blue in the face, but unless they see it for themselves away wins can only be discussed in the abstract.

The second factor is the rotation of the squad. With the importance of the league and the focus on getting into the playoffs Preki needs to use the opportunities he has to get some rotation into the squad whenever and wherever he can. The key word is “some”. Far be it from me to tell Preki what to do but with Montréal being forced to chase the game tonight and having to score early Toronto must take advantage of their relative skill up top and look at playing close to a top line-up in the first half and look to put the game away on the counter. There will be space for Toronto to utilize the pace of players like White and “Impact Killer” Chad Barrett to have good scoring chances early. If this happens and TFC can hold Montréal off the scoreboard then the DeRo’s and De Guzman’s can be taken off and rested for Los Angeles on the weekend.

I will be posting a video blog later tonight after the match.

Technorgasm
05-12-2010, 10:15 AM
I think a little of this is definitely in order:

TCeYSPsKe5A

Thanks Techno! :D

a RE-Do of this woudl be MOST excellent. .

PReki. .Please REst DERO

Labrocca----JDG--Peterson--Cronin

ITs more important to my heart we win this game. . its more important to this team if we try and get at a point on teh raod V LA.

jloome
05-12-2010, 11:02 AM
Well, after that performance the other night, I'm rather optimisitc. Here's my take from a column this morning:

http://www.rednationonline.ca/Is_It_All_Coming_Together_may_12_10_column.shtml

My secondary interest tonight is whether the attendance holds up. I know hockey is Canada's holy grail, but the Big Owe turnouts for CONCACAF and the MLS acquisition obviously have locals believing it's a major sport there. But it's the Habs; is the place gonna be empty?

bgnewf
05-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, after that performance the other night, I'm rather optimisitc. Here's my take from a column this morning:

My secondary interest tonight is whether the attendance holds up. I know hockey is Canada's holy grail, but the Big Owe turnouts for CONCACAF and the MLS acquisition obviously have locals believing it's a major sport there. But it's the Habs; is the place gonna be empty?

A great question. I would guess 6-7000 max

Super Cereal
05-12-2010, 02:22 PM
If I was an Impact fan, I don't think I'd go. Crazy about soccer, but it's firmly entrenched in the number 2 spot after soccer.

How epic would it be if both Montreal teams lost tonight? I'm cheering for the Habs, due more to my hatred of Crosby than fanship for the team itself.

Go TFC, sing loud tonight! I work tonight so I'll miss both.

mastermixer
05-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Posted in the news thread... but Sportsnet will be streaming the game tonight.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/05/11/nutrilite_live_stream/

bgnewf
05-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Voyageurs Cup By The Numbers

I take a stab at all the possible permutations for the Voyageurs Cup and why a TFC win tonight puts then firmly in the drivers seat to defend the title.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/05/voyageurs-cup-by-the-numbers/ (http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/05/voyageurs-cup-by-the-numbers/)

Comments always welcome
__________________________________________________ ___

I got to thinking about the tournament math for Toronto FC going into tonight’s cup tie in Montréal and I thought I would share those thoughts with you loyal readers. There are all kinds of permutations and possibilities, however TFC has a chance to put a real stranglehold on their defence of the Voyageurs Cup with a win this evening in Montréal.. A big win (like the Chicago home win for example on the weekend past) would make it very likely that TFC would be able to successfully defend their title.

Going into the game tonight TFC has the chance to bag three points for a total of six out of six and also eliminate Montréal. If Montreal does not win the game outright they are eliminated from contention… simple as that. A draw tonight and a win against Vancouver in two weeks will only give Montréal 5 points. All Toronto would have to do in that case would be to beat Vancouver once in the two upcoming games to finish ahead of Montréal. If god forbid Montréal wins tonight then they still need to beat Vancouver in two weeks to have a maximum total of seven points and still be in with a chance to win.

Vancouver would probably want this game tonight to end in a scoreless draw in my opinion. The draw eliminates Montréal and gives Vancouver two chances to get three points out of Toronto home and away. A Montréal win keeps two competitors in the hunt and makes sure that Vancouver have no chance to get what could be considered “easy” games ahead. If Montréal is eliminated tonight of course then the Impact have no reason to play a strong side against the Whitecaps on May 26th, other than the chance to screw Vancouver over. The draw scenario this evening gives Vancouver hypothetically the chance to secure 7-10 points. Ten points wins it. Seven means it comes down to goal difference between Vancouver and Toronto, the same scenario as last year.

Hypothetically, Toronto wins tonight and the math becomes very much harder for Vancouver. Assuming a TFC win this evening and if Toronto only secures a draw and a loss in their games against the Whitecaps then it comes down to goal difference once again. If Toronto manages to beat Vancouver just once, either home or away then they will be sitting on nine points and Vancouver would only have a maximum of seven points available and have no chance to take the trophy. And that includes trying to win at BMO Field, a task no one has been able to do since last season.

A substantial TFC win tonight, where the club secures victory by two or more goals against the Impact means two things for Vancouver… They either win three games on the trot to win it all or win twice and hope to squeak through on goal differential. The Whitecaps would have to come up with 5-6 goals more than their competition in order to have any chance to retake the trophy. And TFC fans can tell you, that would take a “miracle”.

The neutral will probably wish for the draw tonight to potentially set up the final game between Vancouver and Toronto at BMO Field to be a meaningful barn burning winner take all championship game. I want the game in Toronto to be the complete opposite. I want to see Nane Joseph, Ibby Ibrahim and Gabe Gala on the pitch and I want to see DeRo firmly planted on the bench.

My head is swimming with all these numbers….. Is it time to go the pub yet??

J .
05-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Still some time for things to develop, but its still a work in progress but Cann was someone I was not really sold on, but he has really looked the part. Up the middle of the park I think we look really dangerous. I am not sure how I feel about LaBrocca playing wide. If I could mix LaBroccas ability to cross, with Wynnes pace, that is what I would like from my wide players.

I would say cautious optimism is where I stand on the club.

devioustrevor
05-12-2010, 02:55 PM
I just checked into my hotel. Gonna shower then off to the Peel Pub.

Torontotonto
05-12-2010, 02:57 PM

Not too many from the few around here i've talked to.
The whole city is pumped up for the Habs tonight.

:drum::scarf::flare::scarf::drum:

SmokedPanda
05-12-2010, 03:00 PM
6$ tickets for tonights game hahaha

http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/tix/1737452557.html
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/tix/1736399283.html
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/tix/1736874973.html
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/tix/1736617955.html

bgnewf
05-12-2010, 03:01 PM

A guy from Montreal posted the following over on my blog this afternoon:

"...according to the Impact ticket office there will not be “Hundreds” Of TFC fans going to the game, 146 tickets sold in 223 to away support…
Way less then the last 2 years…"

There are 45 tickets purchased through U Sector that I know of. NEE is sending 20-25+ I am told, and then there is your group. Not sure how many RPB are going.

That kind of jives with the post on my blog, but does not take into consideration unaffiliated supporters who are going down themselves and find their way to the away section. I know there were a lot of them last season.

I would guess 200 would be a good number.

Gobi
05-12-2010, 03:10 PM
"History will be written at Stade Saputo. "

It was. . . . 6-1. . . Freakin Eat it!

Love this, Techno!
Hahaha. Eat it!

I hope you travelers have every reason to rock the Metro again.
We'd better win tonight, and when we do, that train is going off the rails!

DangerRed
05-12-2010, 03:15 PM

Sweet, thanks much for posting the link. I'm busting out the HDMI cable for this one to hook up to the flat screen.

Kaz
05-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Thank the Gods I was just about to start calling sports bars. in the Brampton/Mississauga area to find a bar that would be showing the game on at least one tv with sound.. now no need :D Woot.

Gobi
05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
For those of us stuck in Toronto:

Watch the match at Scallywags tonight!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

devioustrevor
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Anyone hear of an alternate meeting site in Montreal yet? The Peel Pub and Maclean's are packed. The line-up to get into the Peel Pub is two blocks long.

Pretty much all the bars and restaurants on Peel seem to be full to capacity.

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 05:19 PM
go to Elephant and Castle, down the road. or Try the bar at John and Adelide Fox and something

nascarguy
05-12-2010, 05:35 PM
guys if the bar will not turn the sound on for the game the fan 590 & the team in montreal both have the game live on air

Inklink
05-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Absolutely pathetic Sportsnet.

It won't be on SN-O. They'd rather show baseball (not Blue Jays) than Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact on Sportsnet Ontario. Unless they've changed it, this is what my guide shows.

Auzzy
05-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Absolutely pathetic Sportsnet.

It won't be on SN-O. They'd rather show baseball (not Blue Jays) than Toronto FC vs Montreal Impact on Sportsnet Ontario. Unless they've changed it, this is what my guide shows.

Yup, it's only on Sportsnet East and West.... ???

But there will be an official live stream: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/05/11/nutrilite_live_stream/

Detroit_TFC
05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Yup, it's only on Sportsnet East and West.... ???

But there will be an official live stream: http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/05/11/nutrilite_live_stream/

That's a step in the right direction. Especially for us in the hinterlands.

Fishnicker
05-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Frei, Usanov, Attakora, Cann, Garcia, Cronin, de Guzman, Saric, Gala, De Rosario, White

Subs: Conway, Nane, Sanyang, Barrett, Peterson, LaBrocca, Hscanovics

T.O TILL I DIE
05-12-2010, 06:50 PM
10 minutes lefttt
woooohh so excitedd
tic tak tabernak WHO THE FUCKS the impact

Brooker
05-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Lets Go Montreal! Woooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 06:53 PM
ok boys here go, beer on hand drum next to me..
There goes the neighbourhood....

T_Mizz
05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
This doesn't come out often but, why isn't Barrett starting?

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Saturday is a big game, so let them rest

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Tic Tac Tabernac!!

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 06:59 PM
^ I've just farted

DichioTFC
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
^ I've just farted

Must've been that Saputo cheese

Kaz
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
No Saturday is a game that is going to be a monumental uphill battle that has a high likely hood to loose.

Tonight and next wednesday are very important games... keep garcia off the field.

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Must've been that Saputo cheese

bad cheese

Keystone FC
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
If Saputo is empty we'll know where they are all at:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AlKmRYI65ewV0exsML.1CNp7vLYF?slug=capres s-hkn_montreal_scene-3339825

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I don;t think that it will be full

Keystone FC
05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Garcia!!!!

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 07:07 PM
yeah I saw that

Darlofletch
05-12-2010, 07:08 PM
did the habs just score?

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 07:08 PM
testo bitch!!!

Darlofletch
05-12-2010, 07:09 PM
de ro down. not good.

Red Rat
05-12-2010, 07:09 PM
did the habs just score?

that was me farting

Brooker
05-12-2010, 07:12 PM
did the habs just score?

4-0 :/

most noise I've ever heard in Saputo Stadium was for the Habs.... how fucking sad.

denime
05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Habs 4-0

denime
05-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Guys I will close this thread so we can move to game thread.Are you ok with that?

Brooker
05-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Do It Up

denime
05-12-2010, 07:15 PM
ok we are moving discussion to:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22507