PDA

View Full Version : Online Streams for TFC

AL-MO
05-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Okay most (home) games I am either there in person, or in the case of road games I am usually at the pub watching. So I am not sure the availability of them.

I would assume I could just grab one from atdhe.net or channelsurfing but I am curious what other's experiences are.

pekduck
05-10-2010, 02:11 PM
not for CCL games... i had to listen to FAN590 in Pittsburgh this season...

Globetrotter
05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
atdhe has them. sportsnet has the CCL games (maybe not online). could try myp2p.eu, but i haven't used that since i've found atdhe. justin.tv might work as well.

Gixmo
05-10-2010, 02:22 PM
CCL matches can be hard to find.

Best bet really - If someone is carrying it (CBC, Rogers etc) and you aren't in a position to watch it on the television, You can catch it online.

LiveSoccerTV is a beautiful website! I stream at work all the time, in periods of downtime yes..

bgnewf
05-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Getting a feed for the Montreal Vancouver game was next to impossible last week. And "EPIC FAIL" to Rogers Sportsnet for not putting this on in Ontario and instead choose an out of market baseball game instead. If it was the Jays I would cut them some slack (they own the club) but playing a non Jays game instead of the Voyageurs Cup is not the best way to grow the sport in the largest market in the country.

I thank them for broadcasting the games at least, but not having a single game of the six on basic cable in Ontario is a big mistake in my eyes.

AL-MO
05-10-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks I was just curious.

AL-MO
05-10-2010, 02:54 PM
I'll be in Montreal on Wednesday so I don't have to worry about that one!

Gixmo
05-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Getting a feed for the Montreal Vancouver game was next to impossible last week. And "EPIC FAIL" to Rogers Sportsnet for not putting this on in Ontario and instead choose an out of market baseball game instead. If it was the Jays I would cut them some slack (they own the club) but playing a non Jays game instead of the Voyageurs Cup is not the best way to grow the sport in the largest market in the country.

I thank them for broadcasting the games at least, but not having a single game of the six on basic cable in Ontario is a big mistake in my eyes.

Or, It's a way around the blackout...

Just pony up for cable, It's 2010!

menefreghista
05-10-2010, 04:41 PM
The thing with streaming is that you essentially need one individual willing to share it online. I guess seeing as how small Canada is and how small the NCC is in stature at this point nobody is willing to do the work to set up a stream for others to use.

As for the Rogers regional conundrum, as a long time fan of Canadian soccer I have come to terms with the fact that you must have all 4 Sportsnet channels if you want to watch as many domestic soccer games as possible.

It has been the case for many Canadian national team matches and the NCC seems to be no different.

DichioTFC
05-10-2010, 04:56 PM
Being in America and trying to catch the NCC is ridiculously impossible. Myself, pekduck and a few others tried for almost an hour to find anywhere online that could stream it.

That being said, Asif's online blog, this message board and the fan 590 audio is pretty good compensation for what is lower-quality football anyhow.

Auzzy
05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Sportsnet is streaming the TFC MTL game tonight, and they have now posted the page (although the video stream isn't live yet). http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/05/11/nutrilite_live_stream/

More fun though if you go to Joe's or Scally's to watch this! (If you can.)

TFCUNITED
05-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the stream Auzzy! :)

TFC Via Buffalo
05-12-2010, 06:04 PM
Sportsnet is streaming the TFC MTL game tonight, and they have now posted the page (although the video stream isn't live yet). http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/05/11/nutrilite_live_stream/

More fun though if you go to Joe's or Scally's to watch this! (If you can.)

Awesome. Much thanks.

Kevin
05-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Thank you for the link. I gotta' hurry up and go grab some beer!

TFC Via Buffalo
05-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Anyone else using that link and just getting the highlight videos?

Edit: Never mind. It's working now.