PDA

View Full Version : Expat wants the real RPB experience

Filicenturian
06-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

I'm an expatriate Torontoian in for a visit this weekend and lucky enough to be armed with a pair of tickets for Saturday's match vs. KC.

This will be my first TFC match and I want to experience the fully monty when I come down tomorrow.

So what's the typical pregame RPB ritual? I've heard that you lot gather at Shoeless Joe's on King St. before the game and then head down to the field in as a (loud and boisterous) group. Sounds brilliant.

Is this indeed what happens for home games?

F

T0R0NT0 FC
06-20-2008, 02:05 PM
For the most part that is the game plan. I would recommend getting the 32oz (or 34oz?) mega-pints at Joes' :drinking:Its' huge and only a couple bucks more than a regular pint.

There is also an RPB tailgate outside the stadium from about 12:30 - 2:45, but the cops are evil when it comes to drinking on the grounds.

AL-MO
06-20-2008, 02:10 PM
For the most part that is the game plan. I would recommend getting the 32oz (or 34oz?) mega-pints at Joes' :drinking:Its' huge and only a couple bucks more than a regular pint.

There is also an RPB tailgate outside the stadium from about 12:30 - 2:45, but the cops are evil when it comes to drinking on the grounds.

For the record these are known as the 'Dubrick Special' :)

Filicenturian
06-21-2008, 10:31 AM
So when does the mass exodus from Joe's begin? Early enough to get to the tailgate party? Or just in time for kick off?

I get the feeling we may show up to an empty Shoeless Joes! :taz:

F

trane
06-21-2008, 01:10 PM
^ PM Parkdale when it comes to celbration and hospitaity he is the Dude. However, he is pobably at Joe's already.