PDA

View Full Version : The 111 Drum Experiment

Gixmo
05-09-2010, 09:35 PM
So yesterday, in our efforts to unite 110 to 112 and encourage those in 111 to join in we brought a decent size drum up into the top side of 111. Looking for some feedback to see how it worked & gauge the level of response.

Considering the facts working against us Saturday it turned out to be a pretty positive experience in my eyes. There were several occasions where the 3 (110-112) sections were all beating in unison - Once 3-1 hit, everyone seemed to lose their inhibitions and really let fly in some spirited, loud chanting.

There were times when I was not able to see Yeoman in 112, nor was I able to pick up exactly the chant in motion with the wind & rain noise. Clearly, we can work on that and it has already been discussed how to move around, communicate between the drummers up top. That would be our biggest area for improvement.

Through-out the game I was approached by many who were all receptive to the drum, and encouraged by it's presence. There will be several more runs this year which will encourage us all to grow. It seemed to really induce everyone to chant and encouraged all to get on the same page. Size wise we can maybe do a bit smaller as space would be at a premium if it was packed (We will soon find out)

First time, a success in my eyes. Thoughts?

MUFC_Niagara
05-09-2010, 09:37 PM
So yesterday, in our efforts to unite 110 to 112 and encourage those in 111 to join in we brought a decent size drum up into the top side of 111. Looking for some feedback to see how it worked & gauge the level of response.

Considering the facts working against us Saturday it turned out to be a pretty positive experience in my eyes. There were several occasions where the 3 (110-112) sections were all beating in unison - Once 3-1 hit, everyone seemed to lose their inhibitions and really let fly in some spirited, loud chanting.

There were times when I was not able to see Yeoman in 112, nor was I able to pick up exactly the chant in motion with the wind & rain noise. Clearly, we can work on that and it has already been discussed how to move around, communicate between the drummers up top. That would be our biggest area for improvement.

Through-out the game I was approached by many who were all receptive to the drum, and encouraged by it's presence. There will be several more runs this year which will encourage us all to grow. It seemed to really induce everyone to chant and encouraged all to get on the same page. Size wise we can maybe do a bit smaller as space would be at a premium if it was packed (We will soon find out)

First time, a success in my eyes. Thoughts?

I was in the bottom of 110 but with the wind, the slanty rain, and the fact I had a hood on....I couldn't hear shit. I'll let you know after next game.

flatpicker
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
I thought it was very promising.

I heard it well in row 25.

Considering the wind, I thought you did a decent job of keeping the beat with 112.

Let the experiment continue.

Gixmo
05-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Bump!

BeerBaron95
05-12-2010, 09:22 AM
PLAY ON!!!

:flare::flare:

MartinUtd
05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Ah crap, the first game I miss of the season is a 4-1 victory AND there's a new drum in my section. Ah well.. can't wait to hear it in action next time around.

J .
05-12-2010, 09:34 AM
I think its a great idea especially if it can co-ordinate that section. Too bad TRN does there own thing because it would be great if the south end was united in song.

Technorgasm
05-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Epic 111 Owns. . ... .

Don Julio
05-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I was in row 19 and had no idea there was a drum. The 115 dB of wind noise in my ears may have had something to do with that, I think, considering the weather, you should give it another shot.

Gixmo
05-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Really, 19? Wow.. That's 11 rows that it didn't carry...

Good feedback, We need to tighten the drum. Everytime I hit it, the stands rattled underneath me.

We will give it another shot, Not sure what match though, but it will come back. For NEE, I'm in another section. At worst, it will be back for Vancouver

Hustle
05-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Really, 19? Wow.. That's 11 rows that it didn't carry...

Wow is right. Just goes to show difficult the sound travel issue is up top.

Good Effort Scott. Imagine if you had a tin wall and roof behind you up there...

Gixmo
05-12-2010, 11:29 AM
Wow is right. Just goes to show difficult the sound travel issue is up top.

Good Effort Scott. Imagine if you had a tin wall and roof behind you up there...

Tell me about it.. I could hear Parky on the wood block no problem though which is odd.. I can see the sound being an issue with the this past Saturday. 25 and up could hear it fine, so it gives me a good basis on where I need to refocus .. I'll also smack it a bit harder this time around then!

NVME
05-12-2010, 12:46 PM
row 18 and couldnt hear much

Huyton
05-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Loved the drum, Gixmo.

Will it be there for the New England game on Saturday?

Looking forward to being able to stay in time with 112. And singing the same song, too.

jazzy
05-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Drum was great.....very sincere effort/ everyone was a little looser, perhaps it was the great game, and shitty weather which I don't mind at all....esp with games like we had.....any weather any game, it's all great......although at many league match's... too many newbies, who are not sure where they are or what they are doing......funny montreal/vancouver games always work and have more enthusiasm.

Gixmo
05-19-2010, 09:47 AM
I do not believe it will be present this weekend. I am not in 111 this week, however I wouldn't rule it out.

The next scheduled returned is the Vancouver NCC game on 6/2
As for Jazzy, I agree - It was alot looser eh? Lots of bobbin' and weavin'

Red Rat
05-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Gixmo
I may have your drum ready next week or so, it is an ugly duckling right now but it will look really nice soon.

rr

Gixmo
05-19-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks RR - Quite excited to see how your overhaul and treatment works!

You have lots of time, June 2 Vancouver is the next time I'll be available to drum in 111