PDA

View Full Version : The Red's, White's, or Grey's?

Bombonera
05-09-2010, 01:32 PM
I used to think that this was obvious. We are the red's! But I am not so sure anymore.

I suspect opinions differ...

TFCRegina
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
I thought we were the pinks?

Redpunkfiddle
05-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Egad. I had forgotten how much fluff appears when we don't have a loss to bitch about.

My opinion is that I saw a team in red win yesterday.

grizzle
05-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I think we should become the blacks.

Bombonera
05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Egad. I had forgotten how much fluff appears when we don't have a loss to bitch about.

My opinion is that I saw a team in red win yesterday.
MAybe this is a bit of fluff, and maybe not. I think it was nice to see them win in red.

I also think the Marketing guys should give it a rest. Moreover, I was looking at my tickets yesterday and couldn't help but laugh when I realised they once again put pictures of players on the tickets before knowing who would actually be on the team.

Now it's the "NEw white kits"...

Yeoman
05-09-2010, 02:41 PM
http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg
it fits properly to me

Roogsy
05-09-2010, 02:53 PM
First of all, the "reds" is a nickname the team got from the fans. It is not a commitment from the team in any way. And second, just like any other football team on this planet, they go through a series of colours to market the team. Or do you think Barcelona are the "hot pinks"? And yet they are still known as the "Blaugrana" (blue/maroons). I don't like to criticize the value of threads but this one is really pushing it.

Azerban
05-09-2010, 04:27 PM
i just like that we can finally sing "we're red, we're white, we're fuckin' dynamite"

Shakes McQueen
05-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Unlike the grey jerseys of past years, I love the new white ones. They're a clean, classy look, especially with the collar.

I hope we keep our kit colours red/white from now on, with a third kit of pink, turquoise, burgundy, orange... whatever.

- Scott

Pachuco
05-09-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm with Shakes. I'm just glad as hell I won't have to see the grey's for much longer.

Whoop
05-09-2010, 06:41 PM
i just like that we can finally sing "we're red, we're white, we're fuckin' dynamite"

First time I heard this was with the Danish football team in the 80s.

netsan
05-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Red-Tailed Hawks ??? ....

Canada may choose this bird as its National Bird...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/805186--should-canada-have-a-national-bird

TFC already has a hawk connection...

The "Red Hawks" anyone?

Luca
05-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Speaking of hawks, I haven't seen Bitchy in ages. Don't tell me they've replaced him with that duck that was on the field before kickoff.

Oldtimer
05-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Speaking of hawks, I haven't seen Bitchy in ages. Don't tell me they've replaced him with that duck that was on the field before kickoff.

She is still around, I think. Doesn't work nights or on windy days.

Luca
05-10-2010, 12:00 AM
She is still around, I think. Doesn't work nights or on windy days.

Did I seriously type "him?" Christ, I did.

That would explain why I haven't seen her 'round, though. Cheers!

Keystone FC
05-10-2010, 04:47 AM
Red-Tailed Hawks ??? ....

Canada may choose this bird as its National Bird...

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/805186--should-canada-have-a-national-bird

TFC already has a hawk connection...

The "Red Hawks" anyone?
Hold it! I thought the Loon was already the national bird for Canada?
http://birdfreak.com/national-birds-canada/
My second choice would have been the Canada Goose.

As for TFC...not the Red Hawks but just Hawks.

LesH
05-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Red, red, red and red again!
We always should play in red when it's possible!

Fuk all other kinds of kits! :D
(Though the whites look nice enough... :rolleyes: )

kitchener-TFC
05-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Does anyone know where Bitchy sits every game? That Red Box ontop of the Roof where the media box is?

redangeldragnet
05-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Re: the thread subject

It's "reds, whites and greys." You don't need the apostrophes.

Bombonera
05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Does anyone know where Bitchy sits every game? That Red Box ontop of the Roof where the media box is?
Yes she does. And for the record, I think Bitchy cheers for the red's as well.