PDA

View Full Version : Props to the Supporters

Keyman
05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Yesterday was hell, weather-wise. The mix of rain (or was it sleet) and wind was absolutely lethal. It was also rather discouraging at the beginning of the game when 112 was essentially empty. I think there was a consensus amongst RPB that it was going to be an utter shit show. A day to forget.

But yesterday, we showed how much we love the team. We were out in full voice. People kept on singing, chanting, drumming and jumping for 90 minutes. It was beautiful. If you weren't at the game, it's impossible to fathom just how horrendous the conditions were in the first half. It was undoubtedly the worst weather I've experienced at a game to date. Yet the fact that what stands out about yesterday is our win and the atmosphere in the southend, is amazing.

Props to everyone who made yesterday memorable! Great day all around.

Belfast_Boy
05-09-2010, 12:35 PM
was in 104 a couple of row in front of the Fire supporters. great time! think they had one song. there might have been two but they both seemed to have the same words!
the weather was wicked. think i remember one game worse, might have been last year. not sure.
we're Canadian we can take it! there were a lot of kids around and they all seemed to be having a good time. my little guy was fine. cold but loved the win and teasing of the Fire fans.

GBV
05-09-2010, 02:52 PM
^ Yep. I'm a bit macho when it comes to weather. Bring it on! I say.
But, fk, gotta admit yesterday was crazy.

Whoop
05-09-2010, 02:55 PM
To me it was the worst weather game I've been to at Bee Mo.

It combined the elements of cold, wet weather from the May 2008 night game against NYRB and the wind from last season's home opener against Seattle.

Plus snow towards the end of the game!

Eastend
05-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Hail smhail...I still wore shorts. Made me jump up and down even more.

Roogsy
05-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Can't think of a better way to keep warm! LOL!

London
05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
yesterday was crazy in all kinds of ways!!!

Flint
05-09-2010, 03:50 PM
was in 104 a couple of row in front of the Fire supporters. great time! think they had one song. there might have been two but they both seemed to have the same words!
the weather was wicked. think i remember one game worse, might have been last year. not sure.
we're Canadian we can take it! there were a lot of kids around and they all seemed to be having a good time. my little guy was fine. cold but loved the win and teasing of the Fire fans.

I was in the same section. Teasing the hell out of the Fire fans was fun. Props to them for comming out but fuck change the chants up a bit... 90 minutes of Fire...Fire...Fire... we had better chants in a non supporter section... o well all the easier to give em shit during the game. :D

celt-nick
05-09-2010, 07:43 PM
yesterday was crazy in all kinds of ways!!!

PANTS OFF FOR THE TFC!

prizby
05-09-2010, 07:48 PM
scoring goals really helped

i felt when tfc had the momentum the fans came more alive, it got a lot louder, ppl got more invovled, a lot more of 113 seemed to be chanting along, which was fantastic

AL-MO
05-09-2010, 07:57 PM
My highlight of the game was looking up to the top of 112 and seeing Lumpy with his shirt off, beer in hand going fucking nuts. Good times.

Oh and the 4 goals. :D

jabbronies
05-09-2010, 08:15 PM
the wind knock me over at one point and I wasn't even drunk!
worst weather at BMO ever for sure. Thank god for the goals. It was kinda tough to get stuff going.

T.O TILL I DIE
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
very coldd but wow best performance by TFC
good job boys memorable game ;)
why cant we play like this on the road?? question of the year!!!

FluSH
05-09-2010, 08:36 PM
PANTS OFF FOR THE TFC!

LMAO

I heard about this...

Nestease
05-09-2010, 09:07 PM

I sat in the same spot last year with Chicago here. They will sing the same one word song for 10-20 minutes STRAIGHT easily (Fire.. Fire, Fire Fire). Then they will sing a two word song for another 15 minutes straight, then go back to the last song.

morgank1986
05-09-2010, 09:11 PM
PANTS OFF FOR THE TFC!

That will go down as one of the best moments in 115. Who were those two guys. I see one of them every game but I don't know if he's on these boards or not.

celt-nick
05-10-2010, 07:18 AM
LMAO

I heard about this...

It seemed like the right thing to do when they made us put our shirts on. The multiple pre-game wiskys may have helped too!

Wagner
05-10-2010, 07:31 AM
it's funny how the bad weather unites the crowd.

celt-nick
05-10-2010, 07:35 AM
it's funny how the bad weather unites the crowd.

so, so true. What a bonnie day for futbal! For a little bit 115 was singing the samwe songs from top to bottom!

Shaughno
05-10-2010, 07:51 AM
Good game, despite the crazy weather... it was nuts to be singing real loud all of a sudden to have my voice taken away by a 75km/h gust of wind to the face LOL

ps. Chicago supporters have only ever had one song LOL Fi-rrrrre Fi-rrrrreee Fi-Re Fi-Re Fi-Rrrrrrrre

__wowza
05-10-2010, 08:31 AM
i was down in 120 for the game, had a great view of the labroca goal and a group of insane bastards who were on their feet singing, chanting and supporting TFC. hats off to you.

ComedyOfErrors
05-10-2010, 08:55 AM
We brought a couple of TFC first timers to Section 111 and taught them some of the chants. Tickets seemed easy to get this game as a lot of people posted them last minute (and I think because of the weather forecast). They had the time of their lives. If you missed this game you missed something special. It was the combination of refusing to give in to the weather, cheering louder because of the weather, the inspired team play despite the weather, the increased drink (?) in order to ignore the new security 'effort' and all of us supporters chanting like possessed maniacs and a few disrobers to top it all off! Our TFC virgins were impressed and sang with us they best they could. One asked, "Is it any better in the summer?"
A special thanks to Phil who shared his beers at the tailgate with the new guys. Thanks to Phil's dad Harvey, who offered to show his underwear. For the record, we declined.

J .
05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
You guys did a great job in the cold shit weather. I only got to watch the second half, but it was great to hear the groups go until the final whistle.

koryo
05-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Good game, despite the crazy weather... it was nuts to be singing real loud all of a sudden to have my voice taken away by a 75km/h gust of wind to the face LOL

ps. Chicago supporters have only ever had one song LOL Fi-rrrrre Fi-rrrrreee Fi-Re Fi-Re Fi-Rrrrrrrre

No kidding. I put my poncho on when it started raining. MISTAKE. The wind nearly picked me up and carried me away...

TheRenter
05-10-2010, 12:04 PM
the worst weather, but one of the best games I ever had the pleasure of attending at BMO

the-lower-eastsider
05-10-2010, 12:16 PM
My highlight of the game was looking up to the top of 112 and seeing Lumpy with his shirt off, beer in hand going fucking nuts. Good times.

lol. i havent seen a picture of this yet. and i'm dreading one surfacing. what was i thinking? line of the game: one guy said, "u must work out...
...at harveys". hahahaha. and that only made me hungry. neways i was having fun. it had to be done. whatta blast.
craiger aka lumpy

Whoop
05-10-2010, 12:24 PM
From the bottom of 112 it sure looked like you were having fun!

habstfc
05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
I think this game had to be in at least the top 3 tfc games I've ever attended, despite the shite weather. I was in 105 for the game and it was so much fun giving it to the fire fans. At least they turned out though.

nobuzz
05-10-2010, 07:22 PM

I was thinking: Oh great, a bunch of Geordies have invaded 112