PDA

View Full Version : Does Amado Guevara "Deserve" to Start?

Bombonera
06-20-2008, 12:35 PM
The man can play and we know that. Moreover, Honduras is in the middle of nowhere. However, how long has it been since we have been "Graced" by his moves.

Based on Carver's way too rhetorical bit about keeping a winning group on the field, do we think Guevara gets or for that matter should get the start?

I know, I know, Cunningham probably deserves the bench, and I for one want the best team available on the pitch always, but...:confused:

Rawkus_420
06-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Well what abou brennan then, you gunna bench him too because we won without him??? Guevara and brennan will start...I woudl think so anyways.

colman1860
06-20-2008, 12:37 PM
If you're Kansas City, and you think back to your last visit to BMO field, do you want Guevara to start?

He absolutely must start.

arsenal
06-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Guevara = Best player on the team. He will start if he is fit ... end of story.

Daveisonfire
06-20-2008, 12:39 PM
It would be bad coaching to leave a player like Amado out of the starting line up...

H Bomb
06-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Guevara is the one player we've truly missed every time he's not in the squad. He's a freak and we wont legitimately compete without him on the pitch. First name on the sheet IMO

Cambridge_Red
06-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Amado deserves to start. Don't punish brilliance.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-20-2008, 12:41 PM
He does and he will.
Carver would be retarded not to.
Basically all our best 11 should and will start, especially after the Houston fiasco.

Keyman
06-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Yes. Close this thread.

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 12:44 PM
Guevara has been training with the team again since Monday. He started his first game in LA having arrived the day before and having met the team the day before. If he doesn't start he better have a broken leg.

Rawkus_420
06-20-2008, 12:46 PM
yep same with brennan, close this damn thread , although we know the way carver works, this is still a retarded thread.

djking2
06-20-2008, 12:49 PM
I've noticed we actually have a couple guys stupid enough to answer no on the board :)

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
yep same with brennan, close this damn thread , although we know the way carver works, this is still a retarded thread.

But Brennan is with the national team today. That's a little different if he doesn't start. Although, if he doens't play, then I don't see why he couldn't play tommorrow. It will take him less time to get from Montreal to the Toronto airport then for people to drive downtown on game day :)

noochie
06-20-2008, 01:08 PM
err... no brainer. He starts.

Rawkus_420
06-20-2008, 01:14 PM
But Brennan is with the national team today. That's a little different if he doesn't start. Although, if he doens't play, then I don't see why he couldn't play tommorrow. It will take him less time to get from Montreal to the Toronto airport then for people to drive downtown on game day :)

I hope we see some jimmy B tomorrow, I think he'll play. I hope Carver gives him the choice, and we obviously know what the answer will be. Who's going to start on central D is my question. I want to see tebily and marshall personally, tebily has been real solid, i think he deserves to stay where he is.

Bombonera
06-20-2008, 01:34 PM
So I guess what we are all saying is that Carver's bit about guys keeping their jersey, place on the pitch or whatever doesn't amount to sweet FA.

And for those of you jabbering about Jimmy B. The reason I di not include him was because HE DID STAY HOME instead of flying off to Seattle to play Brazil, and boy were we greatful. THat kind of loyalty and dedication is what the TFC should and is all about.

Roogsy
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
That kind of loyalty and dedication is what the TFC should and is all about.

I dont think it's possible to love Jimmy B more than I do save for my moving over to a man-love scenario.

arsenal
06-20-2008, 01:40 PM
So I guess what we are all saying is that Carver's bit about guys keeping their jersey, place on the pitch or whatever doesn't amount to sweet FA.

And for those of you jabbering about Jimmy B. The reason I di not include him was because HE DID STAY HOME instead of flying off to Seattle to play Brazil, and boy were we greatful. THat kind of loyalty and dedication is what the TFC should and is all about.

There is a big difference though. When Jimmy B chooses not to play the rest of Canada does not care. In Honduras, ff Guevara chooses not to suit up as captain of the team he risks his life and the life of his family if the team were to lose.

tfc_4_ever
06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
he better start. Same with brennan

AL-MO
06-20-2008, 01:51 PM
One word: YES

jabbronies
06-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes he does. You don't penalize a player by not starting him because he was on International duty...that's totaly disrespect. I think you need to look at Carvers statement in a couple of ways:

Team Loses - Changes need to be made to wake people the fuck up.
Sit people on the bench for being lazy, not being a team player or fucking up way too much. It's a no brainer. But they guys who have played well, let them start next game and hope that thier positive energy continues into the next game.

Team win - Players who played start the next game.
Obviously your better players will start, but I think this is more of a motivator for the young guys and the guys who are probably on the bench to make the most of their opportunites because if something good comes out of it, they'll be on more. However, a team win doesn't mean everyone played well. IMO Harmes was shit in the last game. Now are you going to keep Harmes in or bring in Guevera?

Kooper
06-20-2008, 07:49 PM
The man can play and we know that. Moreover, Honduras is in the middle of nowhere. However, how long has it been since we have been "Graced" by his moves.

Based on Carver's way too rhetorical bit about keeping a winning group on the field, do we think Guevara gets or for that matter should get the start?

I know, I know, Cunningham probably deserves the bench, and I for one want the best team available on the pitch always, but...:confused:

Who are you angry at Guevara, the coaches of Honduras for selecting him or the MLS for creating a schedule that punishes the teams with internationals?

James Oliphant
06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
http://www.forumspile.com/Thread-Crap-Stupid-Actors.jpg

Bombonera
06-20-2008, 08:57 PM
If you find this stupid, then perhaps you should join the "SHould brainless fools insert mindless graphics in the middle of a discussion?" threads... Clearly that would be more interesting to you that talking football or the TFC.

MartinUtd
06-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Dunivant over Guevara... seriously?

James Oliphant
06-20-2008, 10:27 PM
If you find this stupid, then perhaps you should join the "SHould brainless fools insert mindless graphics in the middle of a discussion?" threads... Clearly that would be more interesting to you that talking football or the TFC.

I would join this discussion, were there anything to discuss.

Until there is, it's "mindless graphics" time.

http://uglyrepublicans.com/republicans/United-States/John-McCain/john-mccain-pirate.jpg

King Tut
06-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Is this for real???????

Damien
06-20-2008, 11:32 PM

you-are-on-drugs.com.net.org.ca

The day in which TFC picked up Guevara could be argued as the single turning point in our franchises short history.

Captain Croatia
06-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Yes, Amado please come back.

Not that we have not been doing well without him, but hes a big piece in our midfield/forward attacks

pepher
06-21-2008, 07:11 AM
Yes. He's too big a part of the team to not get back in there right away.

FluSH
06-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Guevara = Best player on the team. He will start if he is fit ... end of story.

Nuff said

koryo
06-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Guevara is something of a fulcrum on this team. You'd be daft not to start him.

boomcha
06-21-2008, 08:51 AM
How could you not start El Lobo? As many have said, he is the best on the team.
Yes we have been playing decent without him around lately but with him around the playing level gets raised up big time. Silly not to.

trane
06-21-2008, 10:14 AM
guevara should start no question, he is the best play maker- distributor on the team. I have not considered wether he is the best player on the team, as I judge player not agains other positions but to how the fullfill their roles, but he is clearly the best at the Attacking Mid spot in leading the offesive charge.

However, I will also have to say this last week we so that we cannot forget about attacking from both wings again, when he comes back. Now we have four options, the old through the air to Dichio, and then he shoots distributes, through the mid to # 20, and from both left and right through 10 and 32. If we keep all three avenues open this will put great presure on MLS defences.

Toronto_Bhoy
06-21-2008, 10:17 AM
Nice to have the options…

trane
06-21-2008, 10:31 AM
^ Big difference from last year, that is for sure.

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I guess based on today's REALITY, that Carver is DAFT!

MFG1
06-21-2008, 05:54 PM
No Carver would rather start Harmse, because he ooohhh playyyeddd sooooo wellll against colorado. Brutal

Pachuco
06-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Guevara not starting today made me lose a ton of faith in Carver. I trully believe that we missed out on 3 points because of Carver today. I'm pissed!!!

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Having endured all of last season, I have never been so outraged. I mean, HARMSE???????????? We had Amado, Edu and co o the bench! Please! What a friggin outrage! bring on Cito Gaston!

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 06:11 PM
I would join this discussion, were there anything to discuss.

Until there is, it's "mindless graphics" time.

http://uglyrepublicans.com/republicans/United-States/John-McCain/john-mccain-pirate.jpg
BTW oliphant, maybe you want to take your head out of your A... right about now.

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Oh and by the way, you might want to get your head out of your A... along wiht oliphant. Way to go boys! Ignorance sure is bliss isn't it!

Pachuco
06-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh and by the way, you might want to get your head out of your A... along wiht oliphant. Way to go boys! Ignorance sure is bliss isn't it!

Bombonera, I really don't think these guys ment to insult you. The point they were trying to make was the fact that if Guerava doesn't start then Carver is a dumbass. Not the fact that the thread was stupid.

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 06:18 PM
To be honest wiht you, I actually agree wiht everyone. THere is NO WAY Guevara doesn't start, and yet...Here we are!

OK. Bring on the explative graphics! However, let's make sure Carver is the benficiery!

DOMIN8R
06-21-2008, 06:26 PM
Bombonera, you were right. Many were wrong. Sometimes, I nail it on the head - other times I'm out in left field.

Gloat for today then tomorrow, let's move on.

Roogsy
06-21-2008, 06:59 PM
To be honest wiht you, I actually agree wiht everyone. THere is NO WAY Guevara doesn't start, and yet...Here we are!

OK. Bring on the explative graphics! However, let's make sure Carver is the benficiery!

LOL!

Not really a gracious winner are you?

But I agree some of the comments deserved an "I told you so"...

Either way, it's not like Guevara didn't play at all. Maybe Carver wanted to limit his minutes? After all, playing 35 minutes is not exactly peanuts.

Bombonera
06-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Apologies ot all. Being rigth in this context is the worst. However, if someone dishes it out, I think that they should most certainly take it a little as well.

THIS IS OUR FRIGGIN HOUSE!