PDA

View Full Version : Rolfe and Barrett to play for U.S - Barrett wanted by Valerenga, Norway?

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Annnd this is TFC news because they are rumoured as a possible trade for McBride's allocation.

http://www.majorleaguesoccertalk.com/thorrington-rolfe-called-up-to-the-us-national-team/268

One thing that came to mind, is Barrett young enough to play in the olympics? he is 23. If we are going to trade for him hopefully we wouldn't lose him right away to the olympics. Although he's young talent and we'd probably have him for a long time.

Having said that, looking up Barretts age on wiki, I run into the following:

june 16, norewegian press said that the Norwegian team, Vålerenga IF (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V%C3%A5lerenga_IF) wants Chad on their team

This is very interesting news, because to me, if Mo knew June 16th that Barrett had interest from Europe, would he really be negotiating to bring him here? hmmm...

arsenal
06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Barrett is eligible for the Olympics. He would probably not be selected if McBride joins as one of the overage players.

ag futbol
06-20-2008, 05:18 PM
This interest from Norwegian teams is rediculous. We need to get salaries to the point where we can at least fight these guys off!

jloome
06-21-2008, 10:40 PM
He's a streaky striker, apparently, which we already have. But at least he's young and hungry; missed two sitters the other night though against the Goats and basically cost Chicago three points.

JamboAl
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I've been to Norway 3 times in the last few years and watched a number of matches including Valerenga (which would be "my" team if I lived over there).

It's actually not a bad league in terms of quality (about the same as MLS) and attendances for the big sides such as Valerenga, Rosenborg, Viking and Brann are better than for Columbus, KC and NE; plus I'd be surprised if players like Barrett wouldn't make at least 2-3 times what they would make in MLS.

This interest from Norwegian teams is rediculous. We need to get salaries to the point where we can at least fight these guys off!