PDA

View Full Version : Kick Off event

Naturegirl
05-04-2010, 03:30 PM
For those who are interested, you can walk in at the door and pay to get in if anyone feels like coming to chat with the boys tonight. Its at the new sports bar across from gate 5 at the ACC and its $150 to get in. All for a good cause, the TFC charities.

boban
05-04-2010, 03:50 PM
^^ Actually about 60% goes to admin fees of said charities.

JonO
05-04-2010, 03:51 PM
I was interested, but nobody returned my call. Now I can't go because of a shiva I have to attend...

Blizzard
05-04-2010, 10:41 PM
You can see some highlights of tonight's event on TFC TV (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1873)

JonO
05-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Roogsy and Dero... I think it's love

nascarguy
05-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Roogsy and Dero was funny what a media whore you are roogsy.......lol

twistedchinaman
05-05-2010, 12:25 AM
That's not Roogsy....!

Is it?

twistedchinaman
05-05-2010, 12:26 AM
And the woman in the video...is that Miss Jones?!

James17930
05-05-2010, 02:17 AM
Roogsy and Dero... I think it's love

:rofl:

Pretty cool when the players remember the fans.

Awesome!

Klinsmann
05-05-2010, 05:30 AM
I was interested, but nobody returned my call. Now I can't go because of a shiva I have to attend...

Me too, I tried to buy tickets the day they supposedly went on sale, the girl @TFC, really took her time getting back to me, returned each of my email several weeks later, never returned my calls and never picked up her phone when I tried to call her. It was such a bad experience trying to get the tickets that it completely turned me off wanting to go to the event.

pekduck
05-05-2010, 06:59 AM
... why is it every year I have to miss this due to client on-site visit ... :facepalm:

canadian_bhoy
05-05-2010, 07:05 AM
LOL...they had it at the new sports store at the ACC? hahahhah...Oh wait, it was also in the hallway. Totally worth $150.

kelzag
05-05-2010, 07:31 AM
LOL...they had it at the new sports store at the ACC? hahahhah...Oh wait, it was also in the hallway. Totally worth $150.

Sounds like you need a hug too.

nascarguy
05-05-2010, 07:34 AM
Me too, I tried to buy tickets the day they supposedly went on sale, the girl @TFC, really took her time getting back to me, returned each of my email several weeks later, never returned my calls and never picked up her phone when I tried to call her. It was such a bad experience trying to get the tickets that it completely turned me off wanting to go to the event.
sound like someone needs to be fired or moved with in the company

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 08:59 AM
:lol:

They caught Connie getting Danny to sign her QPR scarf!

Parkdale
05-05-2010, 09:03 AM
I've gone to these events in the past.... but not this time.

2 years ago - all the Carlsberg you can drink
1 year ago - two drink tickets
this year - not sure, but following the trend......

Parkdale
05-05-2010, 09:05 AM
and wait..... who let DeRo's banker wear an RPB pin? Oh wait..... ;)

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 09:05 AM
Two drink ticket again. I didn't see much Carlsberg promotion around, I am not even sure the beer they were offering was Carlsberg. Maybe the partnership is becoming a little stale? It happens.

Darlofletch
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I got Garcia to sign my ticket to last years red bulls fiasco. The other players I asked, cronin and brennan, refused to sign it, I think the only reason garcia did is because he didn't actually play in the game.

good event though, if a lot more corporate and suity than I was expecting.

Parkdale
05-05-2010, 09:17 AM
and it's got to be asked...... what's up with the tie knot covers?

http://cdn.videos.wordpress.com/1YxrBFNY/saint-damien-boy-scout-intro_std.original.jpg

Darlofletch
05-05-2010, 09:17 AM
2 drink tickets, then $7.75 per carlsberg. A bit much when the tickets were $150.

Parkdale
05-05-2010, 09:19 AM
I got Garcia to sign my ticket to last years red bulls fiasco. The other players I asked, cronin and brennan, refused to sign it, I think the only reason garcia did is because he didn't actually play in the game.

I'm very, very happy you did that.

Dman81
05-05-2010, 09:25 AM
And the woman in the video...is that Miss Jones?!

BcIjxlLfcM4

Darlofletch
05-05-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm very, very happy you did that.

me too, It's better that garcia's is the only name on there. It's now the ultimate keepsake of TFC crapitude.

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 09:48 AM
2 drink tickets, then $7.75 per carlsberg. A bit much when the tickets were $150.

I spoke with Paul B at length about this and really, we have to be more understanding.

Yes. The expense was high. The problem for them is that if they priced it lower they run the risk of losing money at an event like this. And while of course we can say to ourselves that losing money isn't a big deal for MLSE we have to remember that the point of this event is to raise money.

It seems the balance to make even a little money, they simply could not make it cheaper. After all the expenses are paid, the ultimate goal is to raise money is it not? These events aren't cheap to put on.

At the end of the day, the point that DOMIN8R made about more efficient ways to contribute to charities is very, very true. If you want to make a real difference, this isn't the most efficient way of doing it. Contribute directly to the charity of your choice.

However, if your goal is to have a good time, market the team and in the process, be able to send some of that money towards a charitable effort, then that is what this event does.

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
and it's got to be asked...... what's up with the tie knot covers?

I asked...apparently it's a signature accessory to the new brand. The team is no longer with Zegna.

Parkdale
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Yes. The expense was high. The problem for them is that if they priced it lower they run the risk of losing money at an event like this. And while of course we can say to ourselves that losing money isn't a big deal for MLSE we have to remember that the point of this event is to raise money.

sure the expense is high, but the beer sales are not going into the charity.
let's be honest here. Tickets are, raffles are, beer sales are not.

and I'm not sure how they could LOSE money when 60% goes to their own admin costs.

Parkdale
05-05-2010, 09:51 AM
I asked...apparently it's a signature accessory to the new brand. The team is no longer with Zegna.

it's lame. really, really lame.

Miss Jones
05-05-2010, 09:54 AM
It was the first time I had been to this Event and I had a great time.
It was good to meet the new players and say hi again to the other players.
Also great company with Connie and Roogsy - thanks guys.
Had some good pictures taken.

They have some great jerseys for the World Cup!

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
sure the expense is high, but the beer sales are not going into the charity.
let's be honest here. Tickets are, raffles are, beer sales are not.

and I'm not sure how they could LOSE money when 60% goes to their own admin costs.

Let me put it this way....I didn't see a lot of people drinking. Connie and I didn't even use up all of our tickets, let alone actually spend money to buy drinks. My guess, very few people actually bought drinks, so there is no additional revenue there. But you have to actually buy the drinks in the first place and make sure they are available.

Between staff, food and drinks, I can totally see why the expense ratio is so high. The choice is to do it or not to do it. There is no solution to the high expense ratio.

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 09:58 AM
it's lame. really, really lame.

The tie cover yes. But the shoes...they were pretty cool.

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
It was the first time I had been to this Event and I had a great time.
It was good to meet the new players and say hi again to the other players.
Also great company with Connie and Roogsy - thanks guys.
Had some good pictures taken.

They have some great jerseys for the World Cup!

Miss Jones scored big time! Between autographs, pictures and apparel, I am surprised she didn't need a cart to haul all of that stuff away! Man, she was working that room like a pro. LOL!

Red CB Toronto
05-05-2010, 10:08 AM
I have only been to one of these events, the first one back in June of 2007 at the Capital Event Theatre. That year they did have an open bar but the cost of tickets was $225.

Maybe they figured that because it was an event directed towards the corporate crowd and as Roogsy mentioned it seemed like their was not a whole lot of drinking going on, it was decided they could position the event better at the lower price point by limiting the drinking that would be included with your ticket.

AL-MO
05-05-2010, 10:12 AM
More whoring from Roogsy....

:lol:

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I'd rather whore myself to the women. Those events bring out some mighty fine ladies!

James17930
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Fine ladies are great.

H Bomb
05-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I had a really nice time at the event. It was nice to talk to the new guys and since they are mostly yanks it means for a good chat. The store had so many world cup jerseys which was nice. And im always happy when im the worst dressed man in the room.

Nodoubtguy
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I had a really nice time at the event. It was nice to talk to the new guys and since they are mostly yanks it means for a good chat. The store had so many world cup jerseys which was nice. And im always happy when im the worst dressed man in the room.

Anyone catch if they had Puma jerseys??

H Bomb
05-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Yes they did. Every major adidas puma and umbro kit. Some smaller ones too. Any paraguay fans will be happy. Japanese and ivorian too!

canadian_bhoy
05-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Ten bucks says this event is either scrapped or merged with another MLSE event next season.

sulfur
05-05-2010, 12:29 PM
Yes they did. Every major adidas puma and umbro kit. Some smaller ones too. Any paraguay fans will be happy. Japanese and ivorian too!
The bigger question is...

what about Uruguay fans? :D

Nodoubtguy
05-05-2010, 12:33 PM
The bigger question is...

what about Uruguay fans? :D

That is the question!!! <----- Paul, can you answer that??

Carts
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
That is the question!!! <----- Paul, can you answer that??

Your avatar scares me... :eek:

Carts... :D

H Bomb
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Ten bucks says this event is either scrapped or merged with another MLSE event next season.

I bet this will be entirely dependant on the teams success this year.
Also I didnt see uraguay. But they did say they are getting more.

Nodoubtguy
05-05-2010, 12:41 PM
so I just saw the vid.....all I can say about DeRo and Roogsy

lL4L4Uv5rf0

Blizzard
05-05-2010, 12:44 PM

Why did you choose that ticket?

Darlofletch
05-05-2010, 02:10 PM
I recently found it in the jacket I was wearing that night. I generally don't keep tickets at all, but it's the only away game I've been too so far, and it kind of amuses me that that's tfc's worst ever loss.

I wasn't going to go full on fanboy last night and get everyone's signature, my wife did that with her scarf, but I thought it'd be kind of cool to get at least one player to sign it. It's bad history, but it's definitely tfc history.

H Bomb
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Here's me and Sam Cronin as some sort of dynamic duo. His technique is called the charming dragon. He wins you over with the smile, then fucks your face up with a high kick or something. good times.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=119&pictureid=2396

BeerBaron95
05-05-2010, 05:19 PM
^^ looks like a poster for a corny cop buddy movie from the 70's lmao