PDA

View Full Version : Play-off format

Heathen
06-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Seeing as how now its top 3 in the conference plus two best regardless of conference and the west is so weak, maybe it would be better to finish 5th and move over to the west.

The Pope
06-20-2008, 10:21 AM
whats our record against teams from the west?

me=too lazy to check

Nerepis
06-20-2008, 10:32 AM
A while ago I was thinking that 5th in the east would be good, but why be feared by the West Div. when we can come 1st in the East and strike fear in the hearts of all. :smash:

TorontoBlades
06-20-2008, 10:46 AM
whats our record against teams from the west?

me=too lazy to check

perfect so far

I think TFC will be the ultimate tournament team....all we need is a draw on the road

olegunnar
06-20-2008, 10:49 AM
It would kibosh huge road trips...it's easier to get to columbus/chicago/New England than to Dallas and Houston

Heathen
06-20-2008, 11:01 AM
It would kibosh huge road trips...it's easier to get to columbus/chicago/New England than to Dallas and Houston

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but also I don't think Columbus or Chicago would give us all the tickets we need so in that respect it'd be better to play one of the non-SSS teams DC, RBNY or New England

ACSertL
06-20-2008, 11:05 AM
perfect so far

I think TFC will be the ultimate tournament team....all we need is a draw on the road

We lost 3-1 in Houston

Oblio2
06-20-2008, 11:43 AM
We won in LA.

As long as we play at home, we'll be fine! :)

Bars92
06-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Should be trying to finish as high as possible and get as many homegames as possible.

Cashcleaner
06-20-2008, 07:38 PM
^ Exactly. We can't have our managers wasting time and effort on positioning us for the playoffs. Trying to place as high as possible is the best course of action. By doing so, it forces our opponents to adapt to our postioning, not the other way around.

Heathen
06-21-2008, 08:56 AM
Should be trying to finish as high as possible and get as many homegames as possible.

this isn't hockey everyone plays the same number of home and away games in the play-offs, the only venue advantage of finsihing higher is hosting the second leg

T_Mizz
06-21-2008, 09:15 AM
I don't think we should do that because right now we are the 3rd best team and why should we drop 2 places to play the best team in the west rather than the second in the east?

Nazzer
06-21-2008, 09:31 AM
this isn't hockey everyone plays the same number of home and away games in the play-offs, the only venue advantage of finsihing higher is hosting the second leg

I only checked the last two seasons, but in MLS playoffs the only round that is two legged is the quarterfinals. After that it is only one match for the Conference Finals and the MLS Cup. And the best team does get home field advantage in the Coference finals.