PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday,May 04

denime
05-04-2010, 05:20 AM
Mornin'

TFC TV Episode 6 (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1870)

Garcia, Harden still out for Toronto FC (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/garcia-harden-still-out-toronto-fc)

Joe Public striker Baptiste set for Toronto FC trial (http://www.tribalfootball.com/joe-public-striker-baptiste-set-toronto-fc-trial-813871)

Power Rankings week 6 (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/powerranking?league=USA.1&season=2010&week=7&cc=5901)

Canada coach keeps dialogue open with young Blackburn prospect (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/canada-coach-keeps-dialogue-open-with-young-blackburn-prospect/article1555680/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

keem-o-sabi
05-04-2010, 06:00 AM
coed ladies 1 (http://coedmagazine.com/2010/05/03/miss-coed-arianny-celeste/) and 2 (http://www.maxim.com/girls/girls-of-maxim/92472/helena-mattsson.html#1) :)

scooter
05-04-2010, 07:23 AM
mornin d

drewski
05-04-2010, 07:25 AM
I hope Garcia takes all the time he needs to make sure he's back at 100%. in fact, head injuries can be very serious, so he should take EXTRA time, just to make sure. maybe even retire so the rest of his life isn't affected by further incidents.

koryo
05-04-2010, 07:38 AM
I hope Garcia takes all the time he needs to make sure he's back at 100%. in fact, head injuries can be very serious, so he should take EXTRA time, just to make sure. maybe even retire so the rest of his life isn't affected by further incidents.

The effects of a serious concussion can linger for months. He can't be too careful in getting himself right :D

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 07:39 AM
The effects of a serious concussion can linger for months. He can't be too careful in getting himself right :D

He should wait out at least the rest of this season. :D

koryo
05-04-2010, 07:41 AM
He should wait out at least the rest of this season. :D

Agreed Dr. O.

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 07:43 AM
Interesting note from the same article as the CMNT:

Whether Fulham win the Europa League final or not is irrelevant when considering Hodgson ’s contributions. He has maximized the limited human and financial resources at his disposal to the highest degree – which is what all managers should aim to do.Sounds like he'd be really good in MLS. :)

Anselmi, you read the boards. If you dump Mo, here's a great replacement!

Technorgasm
05-04-2010, 07:58 AM
LA and NYRB both have 5 wins. . . . .I can see quite a bit more parity between East and West. . and continue to think that somehow.. someway, we will squeeeeeeek into post season for the first time.

even though we are constantly ranked 2-4th from the bottom..

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2010, 08:12 AM
It's encouraging to note that trialist Kerry Baptiste has been pursued by Championship side Ipswich Town. If TFC and Baptiste can agree to terms on a contract, he has the football pedigree to potentially become the first legitimate striker in franchise history. If his track record in Trinidad and the Concacaf Champion's League is any indication, he should be able to average 15 goals in the MLS on a consistent basis...

Toronto Gunner
05-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Hodgson is poised to win football manager of the year, not to rain on your parade, but I don't think he'll be moving to the MLS any time soon...

rocker
05-04-2010, 08:44 AM
If his track record in Trinidad and the Concacaf Champion's League is any indication, he should be able to average 15 goals in the MLS on a consistent basis...

I hear this alot every time a new striker joins the league... but I don't think it's a given he can average 15 goals. Freddy Montero received much more hype and played in better leagues and scored 12 (and this year is not on pace for 12 goals). the Trinidad league ain't so good.

It's not easy to score 15 goals on a consistent basis in MLS. Only a few players in league history have ever done it.

Cashcleaner
05-04-2010, 08:44 AM
It's encouraging to note that trialist Kerry Baptiste has been pursued by Championship side Ipswich Town. If TFC and Baptiste can agree to terms on a contract, he has the football pedigree to potentially become the first legitimate striker in franchise history. If his track record in Trinidad and the Concacaf Champion's League is any indication, he should be able to average 15 goals in the MLS on a consistent basis...

Agreed. Well...kinda.

I gotta tell you, if we do sign him he could be the answer to a lot of our problems. I know there are quite a few differences between the TT Pro League and MLS in terms of overall pace, physicality, and style; but he's got quite a bit of experience with the national team and I think he'd be able to adapt quite well.

Thing is, he's not really a striker, though. At least, that's not how he's usually been fielded. I don't know how effective he would be if we played him as a FW, but he would probably prove to be a competent offensive Midfielder.

olegunnar
05-04-2010, 08:48 AM

Well apparently there's a guy on trial so it might be time for the retirement to clear cap space strategy.

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 08:59 AM
Hodgson is poised to win football manager of the year, not to rain on your parade, but I don't think he'll be moving to the MLS any time soon...

I know it's not likely, but part of being a supporter is irrational hope. :)

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Agreed. Well...kinda.

I gotta tell you, if we do sign him he could be the answer to a lot of our problems. I know there are quite a few differences between the TT Pro League and MLS in terms of overall pace, physicality, and style; but he's got quite a bit of experience with the national team and I think he'd be able to adapt quite well.

Thing is, he's not really a striker, though. At least, that's not how he's usually been fielded. I don't know how effective he would be if we played him as a FW, but he would probably prove to be a competent offensive Midfielder.

Baptiste scored 48 goals this past season in all competition (34 in league matches) while being employed as a striker for Joe Public FC (I still love that name, lol). Earlier in his career he was an attacking midfielder but he has clearly played his best football since adapting to the striker position.

Rocker, I know where you're coming from and I'm not trying to overhype this potential signing. I understand that the MLS is a step up from his domestic pro league. However, Baptiste has faired very well against MLS competition in the CCL and as a member of the Trinidad national team. At the very least, I can envision him becoming that long awaited additional scoring threat to complement DeRo...

Phil
05-04-2010, 09:13 AM
http://www.eatsleepsport.com/manchester-united/reds-to-face-wizards-1058895.html

Wizards vs Manchester United..... and its the MLS All Star opponent?

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Baptiste scored 48 goals this past season in all competition (34 in league matches) while being employed as a striker for Joe Public FC (I still love that name, lol). Earlier in his career he was an attacking midfielder but he has clearly played his best football since adapting to the striker position.

Rocker, I know where you're coming from and I'm not trying to overhype this potential signing. I understand that the MLS is a step up from his domestic pro league. However, Baptiste has faired very well against MLS competition in the CCL and as a member of the Trinidad national team. At the very least, I can envision him becoming that long awaited additional scoring threat to complement DeRo...

There have been several Joe Public players signed to MLS side over the years, however, none has really stood out in MLS.

Baptiste had Dallas interested in him, but they didn't sign him. So, unless he fits very well in Preki's much vaunted "system," I wouldn't put too much hope in this potential signing.

Baptiste plays with a lot of "street style," very similar to Rohann Ricketts, but in a striker role.

Phil
05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
forgot to add:

http://i.imgur.com/4Woje.jpg

Cashcleaner
05-04-2010, 09:46 AM

Oh, I was under the impression he was a Midfeilder with Joe Public. Well in any case, his record is pretty impressive and here's hoping he trials well with TFC!

James17930
05-04-2010, 09:49 AM
From the James article:

"According to reports, Hart is facing resistance from several players, who are said to be nervous about facing a Lionel Messi-lead Argentine squad prior to it leaving for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa."

If this is true, whomever those players are should be tarred and feathered.

Roogsy
05-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Really??? I'd be pretty stoked to play a world-class team. How often will they get that chance?

drewski
05-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Really??? I'd be pretty stoked to play a world-class team. How often will they get that chance?

i doubt that's the real reason, just some lame excuse, cause ya, any competitor would want to face the best.

flambe
05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8660437.stm

Torres will miss some if not all of the World Cup, bad news for Spain.

Whoop
05-04-2010, 10:28 AM
From the James article:

"According to reports, Hart is facing resistance from several players, who are said to be nervous about facing a Lionel Messi-lead Argentine squad prior to it leaving for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa."

If this is true, whomever those players are should be tarred and feathered.

WTF? Are they scared of something? If so, I don't want them on the Canadian team.

I still remember when Canada tied Brazil 1-1 in Edmonton in '94.

The Brazilians were so upset they ended up winning the World Cup.

We talk about getting better. The only way to get better is to play better teams.

jabbronies
05-04-2010, 10:28 AM
wooooooooooooooo

forgot to add:

http://i.imgur.com/4Woje.jpg

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2010, 10:36 AM
There have been several Joe Public players signed to MLS side over the years, however, none has really stood out in MLS.

Baptiste had Dallas interested in him, but they didn't sign him. So, unless he fits very well in Preki's much vaunted "system," I wouldn't put too much hope in this potential signing.

Baptiste plays with a lot of "street style," very similar to Rohann Ricketts, but in a striker role.

I don't doubt that previous signings from Joe Public FC or the Trinidadian Pro League in general didn't necessarily stand out in the MLS. I'm not aware of the statistics of these players. However, Kerry Baptiste would be coming in with a very impressive strike rate over the span of his professional career and is coming off of a season in which he won the golden boot award and earned league MVP honors for the marquee franchise. I really think he has some serious potential if he can agree to terms with TFC...

bgnewf
05-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Will it be Baptiste or Dickov? - Rumour Mill swirls with news of strikers potentially on the way to BMO Field.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/ (http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/)

I have been talking to some Leeds United fans about Dickov and wanted to share their insights with you all. Feedback always welcome.

Cheers
__________________________________________________ _____

Since the inception of the club, Toronto FC has struggled to find an answer to the scoring woes the club has faced for most of its history. And the list of failed strikers in Toronto has been a long one. The fact that many of them have gone on to success elsewhere is another story for another day. But here we are again, well into the club’s fourth campaign and goals are still hard to come by.

Dwayne De Rosario has carried the goal scoring load on his back to this point, but in my eyes you are almost wasting what DeRo can bring to the team by playing him in an out and out striker role. In his career DeRo has always been a player that likes to roam in behind the striker/strikers and either score or create goals for others. Thank god he is scoring at the pace he is but I can’t help thinking that TFC is losing out on DeRo’s ability to create goals for others as well. Until we get more help up top I do not think that Preki has much choice but to do what he is doing.

Strikers are often only as good as their service. Chad Barrett for example could have been the greatest striker on Earth last Saturday night, but if he is going to get only one or two touches in a half of football then it is hard to expect anything from him or any striker.

This leads to the rumour mill swirling around two strikers that may be on the way to BMO Field.

Trinidadian International and Joe Public FC striker Kerry Baptiste is set to trial with TFC following the completion of the Caribbean Club Championship later this month. In a local news paper he was quoted as saying: “…Yes, I have been invited to go up to Toronto…They have expressed an interest having me train at the club and possibly they can offer me a deal… Joe Public is responsible for where I am right now and I played some of the best football of my career as a member of the Joe Public club. If it means they must benefit from any deal that I sign outside, then I’m happy about that.”

Baptiste has also been invited by English side Ipswich Town for a trial during their pre-season as well. So there is no guarantee he will sign with TFC. He has torn up his domestic league this past season scoring just under 30 goals. He is not a large player by any means and by all accounts he is a pacey player with good dribbling skills and a scoring touch around the net. It also sounds like from the newspaper interview that there might even be a transfer fee of some sort to Joe Public that would need to be worked out in order to obtain his services. I do not know if TFC has a discovery claim on him or not.

And of course we have Paul Dickov, currently playing out the string with English League 1 club Leeds United. The former Scotland International and Manchester City star has long been rumoured to be coming here and his contract ends quite soon.

I recently joined a Leeds United fan message board in order to ask the Leeds fans themselves what they thought of Dickov. In most cases they tell me that Paul is 100% gone at the end of their season, which takes place this weekend. Leeds plays Bristol Rovers, needing a win to guarantee promotion to the Championship next season.

Dickov has hardly played for Leeds since his signing during the winter. Here is what one Leeds fan told me via email about Paul and his time there:

“…He's had cameo sub appearances in 2 or 3 appearances, probably giving him 40 minutes of football - As such I won't judge him on that. He has played one full game, though, against Millwall. On a very bad night for Leeds, Dickov was the best Leeds United player, being able to show experience and a cool head to keep calm whilst Millwall were running the show. He had a bit of creativity, a good first touch, and overall a generally sound game. However, as there was no service, his finishing wasn't tested, and he had to cut deep a lot…”

So there you have it. Two potential strikers on the way. We may end up with one, both or neither of them. How much cap and allocation dollars TFC has to play with here certainly will come into consideration.

Both players are relatively quick, small in stature and are noted as having good finishing skills. Both players rely upon service to succeed. However Baptiste has not played significant minutes at a level approaching MLS and Dickov is 37 years old with a lot of mileage on the odometer. I can see players like these two scoring some goals for TFC if DeRo moves back in behind them and gives them some service and room to manoeuvre. But both players come with significant question marks.

In any case I would not hold your breath TFC fans for a DP striker this season. The club can’t afford it under the salary cap. Plain and simple. It’ll most likely be one of these guys, or maybe both if Mo can work the money out, that we will have to rely upon to score goals. Only time will tell if this is the right path to take.

J .
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
We'll see regarding Baptiste. I'm not really sold, but Barrett and DeRo need a someone who is clinical with some flair up top, it will also give time for White to develop.

We've never had a striker who when give space is really dangerous or create on their own. DeRo is a great attacking mid and if we get someone who other teams have to key on, DeRo stands to benefit the most I would say.

Regarding Canada, I am not shocked about a bunch of our players whining. Paul James has it right when there is a poor culture among the CMNT. The WC2010 campaign was a horrible debacle, I hated Mitchell like anyone else, but the players mailed it in. It was as though they didnt want to make it to the next round. Hopefully Hoilett will choose Canada, if we got both the Hoiletts, JDG2 comes back to Canada and some how we find a solid keeper, WC2014 campaign is looking brighter

Gazza
05-04-2010, 11:25 AM
I just started reading Paul James' articles so i might be a bit off base here, but is he full of shit?

He seems to have some sort of agenda against national team players..some justified, others just seem like sour grapes or him talking out of his ass. He's coached at different national levels so i'm sure he's had to deal with a lot of red tape and a lot of egos, but really, what pro player would not relish the chance to play a world cup favourite with the world's best player in the line-up?

I know i might be asking for too much here, but can he at least follow up his rants with facts or sources??

Beach_Red
05-04-2010, 11:53 AM
In any case I would not hold your breath TFC fans for a DP striker this season. The club can’t afford it under the salary cap. Plain and simple. It’ll most likely be one of these guys, or maybe both if Mo can work the money out, that we will have to rely upon to score goals. Only time will tell if this is the right path to take.

I'm not buying this inability to afford a DP under the cap. Why did it take almost three seasons to sign the first one? And he was signed mid-season when the roster was full but there were no cap issues then. Teams find all kinds of ways to clear cap space.

No, it's the money that needs to be spent above the cap that's the problem. We'll see what happens in a few weeks, but there's a good chance NY will sign another DP despite not selling nearly as many tickets as TFC. And watch, Vancouver will sign a DP for their first season in MLS like Seattle did.

ManUtd4ever
05-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Mo will have to be very creative in dealing for allocation money in order to sign a DP this season. He dug quite a hole last season...

bgnewf
05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm not buying this inability to afford a DP under the cap. Why did it take almost three seasons to sign the first one? And he was signed mid-season when the roster was full but there were no cap issues then. Teams find all kinds of ways to clear cap space.

With due respect, you are forgetting about allocation dollars here. The allocation bucks Mo built up in his wheeling and dealing in 2008-2009 were used to get us way over the cap last season. But unlike cap space, allocation dollars expire, and most of them already did. That is one of the primary reasons for the season ending clearout of high salary talent last year. We have significantly less allocation dollars and cap space still left on the books.

No, it's the money that needs to be spent above the cap that's the problem. We'll see what happens in a few weeks, but there's a good chance NY will sign another DP despite not selling nearly as many tickets as TFC. And watch, Vancouver will sign a DP for their first season in MLS like Seattle did.

I for one am sick to death of the "MLSE won't spend money" argument. They are not shy in spending dollars. That has never been the issue with the MLSE empire in recent years. The issues are about whom they hire to spend the money and if it is being spent wisely. If MLSE thought they could sign a Raul for example and that it would get them into the playoffs, and if Mo could make the cap/allocation dollars work, they would IMHO do it.

Beach_Red
05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
I for one am sick to death of the "MLSE won't spend money" argument. They are not shy in spending dollars. That has never been the issue with the MLSE empire in recent years. The issues are about whom they hire to spend the money and if it is being spent wisely. If MLSE thought they could sign a Raul for example and that it would get them into the playoffs, and if Mo could make the cap/allocation dollars work, they would IMHO do it.

They have to be pressured to spend. Sometimes it's outside pressure, sometimes it's inside but they're like any big burocratic company, it's tough to get them to spend. We'll see how the Leafs do in the free agent market and if the Raptors resign Bosh or someone else for big money.

Salary cap is a perfect excuse. We shouldn't accept excuses from coaches, managers or owners. Why did it take three and half seasons to sign the first DP?

Some teams in salary cap leagues hire a specialist, a 'capologist,' to deal with this exact problem. What do you think the chances are they'd do that for TFC? No, they leave it in the hands of a guy they hired with virtually no experience. So, they may spend money, but I for one, am sick to death of letting them pass all the blame to the people they hire.

Really, we're saying the same thing. The team isn't managed well enough. I still think for it to be pretty much a one-man operation it needs to have a more experienced 'one-man,' but also a bigger, better support staff.

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 02:20 PM
allocation information is in this thread:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=4655

Auzzy
05-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Check Preki's media scrum from today: http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1872

Can someone please explain to me: why are they still training indoors on artificial turf??? Preki is obviously not happy with it. This is the only week for a while where they can do some real training -- which isn't happening in many other weeks, due to mid-week games & travel. But still they have to be extra careful during training, due to the combined effect of players with some bumps & bruises, and the indoor artificial turf.

There have got to be some grass fields available in the GTA --- and I've seen some in use myself. It's May!!!???

J .
05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
I just started reading Paul James' articles so i might be a bit off base here, but is he full of shit?

He seems to have some sort of agenda against national team players..some justified, others just seem like sour grapes or him talking out of his ass. He's coached at different national levels so i'm sure he's had to deal with a lot of red tape and a lot of egos, but really, what pro player would not relish the chance to play a world cup favourite with the world's best player in the line-up?

I know i might be asking for too much here, but can he at least follow up his rants with facts or sources??

Well Gerry Dobson is saying the same thing about players not wanting to play. Its just that no one is willing to 'out' these guys yet. He is also right, there is a poor culture around the CMNT from the associations to the players.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-04-2010, 02:38 PM
According to reports, Hart is facing resistance from several players, who are said to be nervous about facing a Lionel Messi-lead Argentine squad prior to it leaving for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Haha...what a circus we have!

cochrdoc
05-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Boys,
Sign me up.I`ll play Messi.If I can`t catch him I`ll just foul him behind the play or give him the double wammy Garcia got.Has Garcia come to yet.I can`t believe Garcia is still out.Maybe the leafs could use Brown next season as a goon.

S_D
05-04-2010, 05:30 PM
I don't think we can assume that TFC is right up against the cap right now. We shed major salaries (Guevara, Vitti, Serioux, a portion of Gerba and Robbo) plus the cap increased with the new agreement by about $200K. Most of the players we've added appear to be modest salary. I reckon we would have had to lose about $500K in allocations to be right up against the cap. Maybe we did, but are we sure we did? What are the numbers?

Most of that 200k salary increase went to cover the increase of dev player salaries. There is a great analysis of the cap agreement in the big soccer blogs about it.

Both Mo and Preki have come out and said there isn't a lot of cash/wiggle room left. I am sure there is money available (who knows how much), and since we are at a full roster, if they bring in some players, other players will have to be traded or let go, freeing up some cash. I am sure some may even be able to be traded for allocation $$.

I wouldn't hold your breath hoping there is a lot of cash laying around though lol. We should get a better idea when the union releases the salaries.

S_D
05-04-2010, 05:32 PM
According to reports, Hart is facing resistance from several players, who are said to be nervous about facing a Lionel Messi-lead Argentine squad prior to it leaving for the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.

Haha...what a circus we have!

haha

well then tell the players they won't be included in the WCQ's. It is one thing not being available due to injury or club release refusal, but scared? Send them on their way.

jloome
05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
Well Gerry Dobson is saying the same thing about players not wanting to play. Its just that no one is willing to 'out' these guys yet. He is also right, there is a poor culture around the CMNT from the associations to the players.

Careful boys, that's just one side of the story.

There significant considerations from the MNT side with respect to how thje CSA has treated players over the years. You have to remember what a dysfunctional organization it is.

So James may think players have poor attitude, but if he'd been told he had to spring for his own plane ticket and insurance, as has actually happened in the past, he'd be telling someone to piss up a rope, too.

ag futbol
05-04-2010, 09:14 PM

Bingo.

Summary of Paul James: everything is the players fault, basically renders the CSA blameless on all matters with the exception of some kid glove criticism, thinks football is what it was 25 years ago and can't wrap his head around modern tactics.

He has "old boys club" written all over him.

nascarguy
05-04-2010, 09:20 PM
the photo of the day

http://206.47.170.43/channels/images/day-photos-292-fan.jpg (http://news.aol.ca/article/gulf-oil-leak-five-times-larger-than-thought/797003/) AP Photo

A law enforcement officer chases down a fan who ran onto the field

James17930
05-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Careful boys, that's just one side of the story.

There significant considerations from the MNT side with respect to how thje CSA has treated players over the years. You have to remember what a dysfunctional organization it is.

So James may think players have poor attitude, but if he'd been told he had to spring for his own plane ticket and insurance, as has actually happened in the past, he'd be telling someone to piss up a rope, too.

And the other shoe drops.

Yes, if the players are being told they have to pay their own way then really they should all boycott the game. I mean, I can't imagine any other national association in the world asking for that.

Too bad we don't know yet. Anyone able to do a little digging?

Alonso
05-04-2010, 10:03 PM
With due respect, you are forgetting about allocation dollars here. The allocation bucks Mo built up in his wheeling and dealing in 2008-2009 were used to get us way over the cap last season. But unlike cap space, allocation dollars expire, and most of them already did. That is one of the primary reasons for the season ending clearout of high salary talent last year. We have significantly less allocation dollars and cap space still left on the books.

When has this ever been the case with MLSE? Name one instance where they signed anyone near the caliber of Raul in any of the corporations sports franchises?

Its simply not in the cards for a sports loving city like Toronto that will fill stadiums regardless of the product on the field. Only private ownership can bring the love of the game back to Toronto.

Yes MLSE spends the cap on the Raptors (but a few teams spend into the luxury tax realm like Boston, LA) and the Leafs are at maximum cap to, but like TFC are poorly managed.

TFC brings in enough money and is enough of a success that they should have 3 dp's by the end of next year 2011. But will it happen? NO CHANCE THANKS TO MLSE.

CretanBull
05-04-2010, 10:07 PM

I think that they have to be given credit for spending money on salaries...the Leafs, Raptors and TFC are all at or near the cap in each of their leagues (Leafs have recently cut salary, not to be cheap but to help the rebuilding process).

Having said that, in terms of TFC how much have MLSE spent on scouting? Developing the front office? Hiring competent/experienced excutives? These are areas that fall outside of the league's cap restrictions and if we invested in them it would give us a competitive edge.

Alonso
05-04-2010, 10:48 PM
But there are no details or hard numbers. Hard to even make a wild guess of what we've lost in allocation based on that info.

That thread is more than useless, it actually gets you more messed up then if you hadn't read it at all.

Way too many variables with way too many uncertainties.

This is what we know about the pay structure of TFC: 0.0001 of nothing!