PDA

View Full Version : Chicago at TFC Saturday 4pm Pre Game

ensco
05-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Looks like we'll see the cumulonimbus formation Saturday.

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

Sigh.

Azzurri86
05-04-2010, 03:31 PM
Never Fails

ecospice
05-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Good, then the headlines will read TFC and rain put out chicago fire.

We're gonna win this one - best game of the season coming up. I can feel it!!!

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

Chevy
05-04-2010, 04:02 PM
Game Forecast - COLD and Windy

http://www.wunderground.com/sports/IFB_MLS/hometeam/:Toronto_FC.html?st=1273334400

Globetrotter
05-04-2010, 07:57 PM
yes, because history has told us that we are great at predicting weather 5 days in advance... especially when the days on either side are considered the exact opposite condition.

repost this on saturday morning. it's a real shame that people actually even look at the "forecast" so far in advance.

Red Rat
05-04-2010, 08:02 PM
yeah that is the first that I saw, but it is only Tuesday and weather in Canada is like having a bipolar wife.

rr

TFC Bhoy
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
yeah that is the first that I saw, but it is only Tuesday and weather in Canada is like having a bipolar wife.

rr
LOL! I'm definitely going to be using that line from now on. classic

sulfur
05-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Today is a perfect example.

Last night, they were forecasting thundershowers all day. From Windsor through to Montreal.

Today? Well, it rained for about 20 minutes. Maybe 25. And it got windy. Does that count as a thunderstorm? :)

backbeat
05-04-2010, 09:51 PM
my dad was a meteorologist and he said that this area surrounded by the great lakes was one of the most volatile and hardest regions to predict the weather in the world – so who knows!!

i say take a look outside on the way to the game and even then it may change!!

TFC USA
05-04-2010, 09:57 PM
We're at home where we don't suck that much.

3-1 win in homage to May 12th, 2007.

Brooker
05-05-2010, 12:22 AM
christ almighty the most annoying chant in North American soccer is on it's way. It's coming! It's coming!

twistedchinaman
05-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Three years ago we beat them to win our first game ever. Three years later we will beat them again...minus the seat cushions of course. (Probably for the better...)

Predo: 4-1 for the good guys, Chad Barrett takes a piss on the Flameouts with a brace.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...YOU CAN SHOVE THE FUCKING FIRE....

(Biggest shame: I'll be at work! FUCK!)

twistedchinaman
05-05-2010, 12:34 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BNCt2_Lzz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7BNCt2_Lzz4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

twistedchinaman
05-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Reds vs. Chicago - The Numbers

5/12/2007 - THAT date three years ago. Let's make sure history repeats itself.

15 - The number of Collins John, whom we must watch for -- even if he is questionable for Saturday.

0 - goals by Collins John this year; let's keep it there.

90% - Predicted P.O.P. for Toronto as of 11:42pm MST, 5/4/2010

2 - goals scored by each team during the last meeting

2-3-2 - all time regular season head to head between the two teams

19 - The number for Chad Barrett, who scored the go-ahead goal in the last matchup

10 - The number for Brian McBride, the man who tied the game. He must be neutralized at all costs.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-05-2010, 01:03 AM
at home.... Unstoppable!!

on the road....SHITE!

3-1 TFC!

jaxul
05-05-2010, 09:32 AM
Seems like all games at home are must wins this season...let's do this!!! I think we are good for another clean one at home...2-0 TFC! :scarf:

Gixmo
05-05-2010, 09:47 AM
christ almighty the most annoying chant in North American soccer is on it's way. It's coming! It's coming!

FIRE FIRE!!!

Ugh.. Makes me puke

DangerRed
05-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Reds dominate until 82nd minute, when Saric snaps McBride in half in the area, earning a straight red and a penalty. Barrett celebrates his hat-trick with a chest slide. Final: TFC 6 - 1 CHI

Yeoman
05-05-2010, 10:35 AM
make sure to come out and support the tailgate team! first tailgate of the year
with a few things to raffle off as well!

ManUtd4ever
05-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Preki should be able to field the same lineup that played so well in the second half against Seattle. Chicago is no slouch though so I'm predicting a narrow 2-1 victory for the Reds...

Oldtimer
05-05-2010, 10:45 AM

15 - The number of Collins John, whom we must watch for -- even if he is questionable for Saturday.

19 - The number for Chad Barrett, who scored the go-ahead goal in the last matchup

10 - The number for Brian McBride, the man who tied the game. He must be neutralized at all costs.

4-0 our biggest win in league play. :flare:

Rudi
05-05-2010, 10:48 AM
4-0 our biggest win in league play. :flare:
... against Dallas. :p

ensco
05-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Looks like a couple of busloads (maybe more?) are coming up
http://www.section8chicago.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=164&func=view&catid=3&id=3259&limit=15&limitstart=195

Banner that somebody in Section 8 says they are bringing: MO IS DOING A GOOD JOB!

jloome
05-05-2010, 11:27 AM

Their new coach recently switched them to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 with Nyarko wide and McBride up top. John has been relegated to the bench as McBride's late replacement.

Wonder what his issues are? The public word is that his skill set is too similar to McBride's. But it begs the question of why they went to so much trouble signing him (especially since they started with a 442 early on then switched after losses)

They've won two in a row and are gelling a bit but we're at home;anything possible. Our biggest problem with Chicago in the past has been marking out their wide players and stuff in the air; we're better at both right now than last year, so maybe we get something out of this one.

AL-MO
05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
http://www.section8chicago.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=164&func=view&catid=3&id=3259&limit=15&limitstart=195

Banner that somebody in Section 8 says they are bringing: MO IS DOING A GOOD JOB!

Nice. I love it when we have some 'visitors' for the day.

Gixmo
05-05-2010, 11:32 AM
The Chicago folks have always been very pleasant though, welcomed traveling support if you want to call them that. I hope they remain cordial as in the past - Which includes staying right quiet in their little corner :)

ManUtd4ever
05-05-2010, 11:37 AM
Nice. I love it when we have some 'visitors' for the day.

Agreed. I think the Chicago supporters have had the greatest presence at BMO Field of all the travelling supporter groups in the MLS thus far...

Red Rat
05-05-2010, 12:36 PM

Love it...

these are classy guys, be nice to them.
I hope that they can come by the tailgate.

rr

Oldtimer
05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
... against Dallas. :p

I missed that game!!! :drinking:

I didn't say it was against Chicago.

Dbl_D
05-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Good, then the headlines will read TFC and rain put out chicago fire.

We're gonna win this one - best game of the season coming up. I can feel it!!!

:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

some "put out the fire" links for you :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx9iGRBN-4M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvIt08I24zw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6MI_fQQzuw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxDqRy9bhtc

a nice montage of tfc vs chicago to the queen tune would be good to see on the bmo screen :rolleyes:

(sorry if these were posted previously...)

ecospice
05-05-2010, 05:54 PM
^ totally awesome!

maninb
05-06-2010, 07:17 AM
IMO this is bordering on a must win game, since our road form is so bloody horrible...a well played draw might do, but hopefully we can make our pitch a fortress and get back to intimidating teams like we did in Season 1 & 2...

rocker
05-06-2010, 11:19 AM
the one complicating factor is that Chicago has been one of the best (for MLS) road teams over the past few seasons, although not quite dominant at home.

LesH
05-07-2010, 12:37 AM
IMO this is bordering on a must win game, since our road form is so bloody horrible...a well played draw might do, but hopefully we can make our pitch a fortress and get back to intimidating teams like we did in Season 1 & 2...

A well played draw won't do it, because then we'll have -2 points in the "Standings of the Truth" (In some places this is called the "British Standings") = the difference between the lost points at home and won points on the road... and we are horrible on the road.

To have playoff chance TFC must shoot to have 0 in the "Standings of the Truth".

So this is a must win game!

BS1327
05-07-2010, 01:38 AM
The way I look at it, and I know it's VERY unlikely, is if we win all our home games, that's 45 points, which is playoff position! I know that won't be the case, but with the way we've been playing on the road, we'll need to count on home results.

I do see this as an important game, as we have 5 games in 2 weeks, with 3 of them being away (yes, two of the NCC, but still the travel will be a factor)

Shakes McQueen
05-07-2010, 02:03 AM

That's actually a pretty funny idea, haha.

- Scott

ensco
05-07-2010, 06:57 AM
OK not to beat on about this but the weather forecast is for 5 f*%$&ing degrees and rain tomorrow afternoon.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-07-2010, 07:24 AM
OK not to beat on about this but the weather forecast is for 5 f*%$&ing degrees and rain tomorrow afternoon.

its moving up...:rolleyes:

http://i39.tinypic.com/21cb41k.jpg

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Believe it or not...a win and we jump into a playoff spot! Only in MLS! :)

But if we don't start getting points on the road.....forget about the playoffs!

maninb
05-07-2010, 07:45 AM
here's hoping Preki has finally soured on Saric and gets that talent-less hacker off the pitch and gives Cronin some decent playing time....I'm actually optimistic (for a change) of a decent result tomorrow...we should be well rested and Chicago has 3-4 bad injuries to their top players...

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-07-2010, 07:49 AM
here's hoping Preki has finally soured on Saric and gets that talent-less hacker off the pitch and gives Cronin some decent playing time....I'm actually optimistic (for a change) of a decent result tomorrow...we should be well rested and Chicago has 3-4 bad injuries to their top players...

Agreed.....SAric make me cringe!

H Bomb
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Is there a tailgate?

jaxul
05-07-2010, 10:32 AM
its moving up...:rolleyes:

http://i39.tinypic.com/21cb41k.jpg

Not only that but the rain will be at a minimum. Similar to the Seattle game and that was alright in my book. If only we would get a similar result to the Seattle game it would be perfect!

Come out and support people...who cares about a little rain!

:flare::scarf::flare:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Not only that but the rain will be at a minimum. Similar to the Seattle game and that was alright in my book. If only we would get a similar result to the Seattle game it would be perfect!

Come out and support people...who cares about a little rain!

:flare::scarf::flare:

We are at our...best on the field..and off!!

jloome
05-07-2010, 11:39 AM
Agreed.....SAric make me cringe!

I get what people are saying about toughness, I just don't think he gives us anything we don't get already from Sanyang. Maybe he's a better tackler, maybe.

But he's a red card waiting to happen in terms of carelessness. Everytime he goes in, I expect us to go down a man.

THen again, if we expect something violent every time, you can imagine what the guys on the other side of the tape think. So maybe....

Tough call. I think Cronin's way more technically and tactically adept, but his movement away from the ball leaves much to be desired.

Yagbod
05-07-2010, 01:02 PM
From the Torontofc.ca website chat that just ended:

"Luke Wileman:
By the way.....heads up....don't be late tomorrow. There's something you don't want to miss"

Possibly Dichio on the wall of honour? Or, maybe he's just excited about the RPB ball kids. We shall see...

Dave67
05-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Possibly Dichio on the wall of honour? Or, maybe he's just excited about the RPB ball kids. We shall see...

Better not be Dichio wall of honour with no prior announcement. They would not be that crazy.... would they?

brad
05-07-2010, 01:24 PM
The Chicago folks have always been very pleasant though, welcomed traveling support if you want to call them that. I hope they remain cordial as in the past - Which includes staying right quiet in their little corner :)

And get TFC fans in 104/105 kicked out for supporting their team, again...

Section 117
05-07-2010, 01:39 PM
Better not be Dichio wall of honour with no prior announcement. They would not be that crazy.... would they?

Maybe it is??? Isn't that typical TFC not to let us know anything....

jaxul
05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
maybe this is the piece of info they can't wait to share with us?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/important-security-information

maninb
05-07-2010, 02:06 PM
maybe this is the piece of info they can't wait to share with us?

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/05/important-security-information

The BMO Souvenir Javelin Giveaway has been cancelled?

GlenM
05-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Is there a tailgate?

Tailgate starts at 1 PM.

GlenM

wolvesfan416
05-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Tailgate starts at 1 PM.

GlenM

Quick questions about the tailgate since I have never been to one before...

Are we allowed to drink? or is it a on the downlow kinda vibe?
Do you sell food?

Trying to figure out if i should go to the bar or carry a case of beer to the tailgate?

phonzo
05-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Quick questions about the tailgate since I have never been to one before...

Are we allowed to drink? or is it a on the downlow kinda vibe?
Do you sell food?

Trying to figure out if i should go to the bar or carry a case of beer to the tailgate?

Coffee cups are your best friend.

There will be food available - Chicago Style Hotdog's and Gyros. Drinks such as water and pop are also there.

brad
05-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Mapp is out, according to Luke Wileman.

wolvesfan416
05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
Coffee cups are your best friend.

There will be food available - Chicago Style Hotdog's and Gyros in addition to burgers. Drinks such as water and pop are also there.

Gotcha!.....

thx for the pm - I couldnt reply since I have not posted 3 posts!

You should sell raincoats too!

Blixa
05-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I think we'll take it... I'm not too concerned about home games, but the road is a complete disaster.

anto7
05-07-2010, 03:32 PM
I just hope they are as pleasant as they were the first year, when some really hot Chicago girl got in a rather heated discussion with a "larger" TFC girl. The Chicago girl was stood on her chair with her soccer shirt rolled up to her chest. the TFC girl called her a slut and told her to sit down. The Chicago girl proceeded to whip up her shirt and jiggle her bare breasts to the fat lady ! Classic moment in TFC history !!
This was followed for the next 15 minutes with TFC fans singing the classic song "Get your tits out for the lads"!!!
Somehow dont think we will get a repeat this cold wet Saturday.

bgnewf
05-07-2010, 03:41 PM
A little birdie told me that TFC is wearing white again tomorrow. Anybody hear anything about this???

Come on boys, we need to be wearing red from time to time.

Gobi
05-07-2010, 03:43 PM

That's hilarious. Good on them. :D
Chicago supporters have always been fun. Despite hearing a few negative stories, my personal experience with them has been good.

Bring on the rain, cold and wind... nothing puts out a Fire better!

Super
05-07-2010, 03:55 PM
A little birdie told me that TFC is wearing white again tomorrow. Anybody hear anything about this???

We should be wearing red at ALL time at home. This pisses me off. Have they no sense of respect for our colours? I hope this is not true.

:picard:

jaxul
05-07-2010, 03:57 PM
FAK...white again...I will NOT give in and buy a white jersey!

Darlofletch
05-07-2010, 04:24 PM
I really really really really really hope you're joking with that one. Would chicago then get to wear their red shirts? the ref wearing red against seattle was bad enough.

Auzzy
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Luke Wileman said in the pre-game chat today:

1:14 Luke Wileman: Yes they will be wearing Red tomorrow, and I understand for the next four games

From http://www.theaircanadacentre.com/TorontoFC_Live.asp
(Replay currently available; at some point it will switch to the live game chat I guess.)

jazzy
05-07-2010, 05:58 PM

yup!

AL-MO
05-07-2010, 06:13 PM
They best be wearing red. I am getting tired of this White Jersey shenanigans.

levyashin
05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
:hump:This will be a 2-0 win for TFC,DERO to score both goals,Chicago will have 4 shots on net and will not cross high balls into the penalty area so Frei will look good this week.Degusman will not wont to be out there tomorrow because it will be to cold for him.Barrett v Mcbride both as bad as each other non winner .The rest of the team matches Chicago.

KiwiRedsFan
05-07-2010, 06:40 PM
4pm, uh so I have to get up at 8am on Sunday morning to watch this game.
Cmon TFC get a win, don't lie down and lift your skirt!

Boondaddy
05-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Dichio wall of honour ceremony this aft! Dichio scarves/banners everyone!

Bloor West FC
05-08-2010, 07:43 AM
The rain should slow down and almost stop around 4pm just in time for game time according to the weather network but winds will be gusting up to 90km an hour. It will also feel like -4 at night so I can see it being a little chilly during the game. Dress warm hope not to get sick :).

TFC seem to be getting more positive lately so I really hope the experiment and the pre-season is over. I hope JDG, DeRo, White and Barrett are all starting.

Barrett showed strength last game and I hope he continues to do so!

jazzy
05-08-2010, 08:23 AM
4pm, uh so I have to get up at 8am on Sunday morning to watch this game.
Cmon TFC get a win, don't lie down and lift your skirt!

LOL .. it's like us getting up at 2:00 AM to watch china grand prix.....good on ya......you sir are a true fan....hope you can see it it, is supposed to pour and be coooooll, but We'll be there, early, and after the game watch the academy....

jazzy
05-08-2010, 08:27 AM
The rain should slow down and almost stop around 4pm just in time for game time according to the weather network but winds will be gusting up to 90km an hour. It will also feel like -4 at night so I can see it being a little chilly during the game. Dress warm hope not to get sick :).

TFC seem to be getting more positive lately so I really hope the experiment and the pre-season is over. I hope JDG, DeRo, White and Barrett are all starting.

It's too bad it's Chicago, they may be used to the cold, this is starting to be a common element for us cool and rain.....and then the academy!

ensco
05-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Official "Wind Warning" from Environment Canada
http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?on61#on61-333cwto-043100

THE GOV.
05-08-2010, 08:41 AM
I live in the Windsor area, we are getting heavy winds here right now, hopefully it holds out in toronto

Bloor West FC
05-08-2010, 09:15 AM
So far its sunny outside :). Keep up the good weather, weather god! Anybody know what our starting lineup is?

Mapp is out for Chicago :)

GBV
05-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Betting line:
Toronto FC +156
Chicago Fire +201
Draw +230

Goal line:
Toronto FC pk and -0.5 +119
Chicago Fire pk and +0.5 -129

Over/under:
2 and 2.5 over -107

GBV
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
I love when it's cold. Beats the shit out of those 30-degree early afternoon games.
Rain and wind? Well, not as crazy about that.

Pigfynn
05-08-2010, 09:33 AM
Wind is really picking up in KW

rocker
05-08-2010, 09:38 AM
i remember those awful winds for the Seattle game in 2009. The ball would go up in the air, look like it was coming down on a player's head, and blow yards away! i may have to get out the winter jacket.

Bombonera
05-08-2010, 09:58 AM
WInter jacket day for sure.

Glad we aren't on the turf anymore. Wind + Turf = Crappy football.

But times seem to be changing. If we keep getting the bounces, I see us winning (I can't believe I am thinking this...) 2-1.

Super
05-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Hoodie+winter jacket should do the trick.

FootieChick
05-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Dichio wall of honour ceremony this aft! Dichio scarves/banners everyone!

WOO! I like the sounds of that :D

I got my scarf ready!

T.O TILL I DIE
05-08-2010, 11:17 AM
damn chicago supporters are gonna see our stadium half empty
stupid cold rainy day:(

ensco
05-08-2010, 11:32 AM
We're not going to get "mixed precipitation" (snow?!) until 8pm, so it's fine ;-)

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/hourlyfx/caon0696/hourlytable/1

Brooker
05-08-2010, 11:54 AM
shorts and tshirt for me!

Gixmo
05-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Winter Jacket day for me, Jersey on underneath. I'll stick out like a sore thumb. Need a tether or I may blow away!

Party time in 111 today, If the section is empty, RPB unite and join us!!

The drive up today was nuts, Windy Windy Windy from Sarnia. Trucks all over the place on the highway!
Nice in Toronto, warmer then my hometown so no complaining, Dress warm, wear your gloves!

daner90
05-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Gameday Bitches!!!

[NBF]
05-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Windy and cold might mean injuries to injury-prone players. It also means that stopping the crosses into the box will be a priority. McBride will be a guy to watch, I don't know who you assign to mark him.......Cann?

kitchener-TFC
05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Crazy windy over here in Kitchener. C'mon you REDS!

justin
05-08-2010, 02:28 PM
#torontofc (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23torontofc) line up - Frei, Usanov, Cann, Attakora, Gargan, Peterson, Sanyang, de Guzman, LaBrocca, De Rosario, Barrett

#torontofc (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23torontofc) subs are Conway, Garcia, Cronin, White, Saric, Gala, Hscanovics

Serb_Star
05-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Brenda Irving is such a cougar.

dantdot
05-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Put up the game thread http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22408

Inklink
05-08-2010, 03:31 PM
LOL wind!

Labrocca!

KiwiRedsFan
05-08-2010, 05:02 PM
LOL .. it's like us getting up at 2:00 AM to watch china grand prix.....good on ya......you sir are a true fan....hope you can see it it, is supposed to pour and be coooooll, but We'll be there, early, and after the game watch the academy....

ha ha that is the 2nd time I've been called a Sir, not all football fans are male you know :wink:

looks like a good win today. Congrats Reds

Shakes McQueen
05-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Three years ago we beat them to win our first game ever. Three years later we will beat them again...minus the seat cushions of course. (Probably for the better...)

Predo: 4-1 for the good guys, Chad Barrett takes a piss on the Flameouts with a brace.

Jesus TCM, are you some kind of sorcerer? Predicted the score line AND the Barrett brace.

- Scott

Redcoe15
05-08-2010, 05:22 PM

Please tell us you put up a whole whack of money on that!