PDA

View Full Version : Preki Approval Rating - May 2010

DichioTFC
05-02-2010, 12:03 PM
Foolproof question. Interpret the question however you feel right now about Preki.

Just some guidelines to those who are on the fence:
1. Its how you feel at the moment, not a final assessment. Like a marathon, this is just a snapshot of our support at this point in time. A low approval rating does not rate him as an overall failure, just like a high approval rating does not mean he's Sir Alex Ferguson.
2. Whatever factors or metrics your feel are most important to you in the coaching position, use those to guide you (i.e. if you wish for Preki to be judged on the long-term, then the question is "Do you approve of the job Preki has done thus far?")

For the sake of context, this is how he / TFC have preformed in the past month:
April 10 - L @ New England 1-4
April 15 - W vs Philly 2-1
April 18 - L @ Colorado 1-3
April 25 - W vs Seattle 2-0
April 28 - W vs Montreal 2-0
May 1 - L @ Salt Lake 1-2

Preki Approval Rating April 2010 - 67.2% (127 yes votes / 189 total)

grizzle
05-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Tough posting this right after a loss. I think he is doing an ok job so far and still think it is early to decide. The one thing that annoys me though is whenever they show him on TV during games he always looks like he has no control of what is going on on the field and its as if the players are doing the opposite of what he tells them or something. Also, he seems to put the blame on the players entirely after losses, when he needs to own up to it and take some of that blame himself.

Carts
05-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Do I approve of the job Preki has done thus far...?

NO...

Simply, short, and sweet...

Sorry - I just haven't seen this 'MLS proven system' that was pumped up when he was hired... :(

That being said, I will say the lads on the pitch are giving it their all, and its a long season - if they keep working hard, and we keep giving them support at home (and on the road when possible) good things will happen...

Carts...

smtavare
05-02-2010, 12:18 PM
This guy reminds me of Coach Wilson from the the Toronto Maple Leafs. He thinks he was the best player in the world and it is never his fault. too cocky!!! At least Preki took the blame this time!!

Anyways - Mo picked him, Mo picked the players, Mo's team

Therefore..... Mo is the one who needs to go! Which technically means MLSE board needs to fire Richard Peddie for fuck sakes...........!!!!!!

cochrdoc
05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
It`s to early to judge yet.I am dissappointed with the loss of some of our players and the players we picked up are not impact players.I feel he had a hand in this.We still have given up alot of goals and people say our defence is better.Second worst goals against in league.I do feel the team has been playing better so far but RSL game was back to are usual self.

J .
05-02-2010, 12:50 PM
He's instilled a lot more battle in the club. This is the first time since the first season where our team continues to work hard. Its going to be a long season and I think we will sneak in the playoffs, but be a dangerous team that can play defensive and with DeRo we are always dangerous. I also think that he will add some flair and creativity when the next international transfer window opens.

koryo
05-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Too early to judge. I've said from the start he needs a season to build & gel his own side.

So far he's put more fight in them, so that's a good start.

ComedyOfErrors
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM
I voted yes for now. Things I like so far:
1) Better fitness (remember last year's last minute giveaway goals)
2) He took responsibility for last night's 'defensive set up for first half'
3) He wears his heart on his sleeve....even during the match (that might have to change)
4) He has NOT supported Mo publicly, to the best of my knowledge.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-02-2010, 01:17 PM
I voted No, I hate the style he plays, I think he's behind many of the signings of the "plumbers", and feel he's as much as a part of the problem of as Mo. I think TFC should look to the technical setup the Red Bulls and Whitecaps have and try to copy them.

That said, I'm still willing to have my mind changed by Preki.

wzhxvy
05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
I think he is the best coach we have had in our history which is not saying much. I am on the fence because I think he actively manages the team and I have seen better positional play and passing than I have seen ever. However I am not fully behind him because I question his judgement on players and tactics...so far its 50/50 in terms of his success rate. In my mind, he will be assessed on whether we make the playoffs now.

Mo should be fired asap because he is a cancer that will continue to spread and spoil any accomplishment of this team.

Detroit_TFC
05-02-2010, 01:43 PM
I voted yes, not so much for results but because it appears that Preki is trying to address specific problems on the team. Last night's squad experiment was a failure but how many times in the past have the technical staff not been willing to try out different approaches to adjust the team. IIRC Preki did this at Chivas too, with good effect, not immediately though.

What is happening at RBNY is extremely rare and I'm not sure how much of it is Backe and how much is a different approach from the FO with new people in charge.

I hope nobody here was thinking that was going to happen with Preki.

Yeoman
05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
he's like half frankenstein, half bat shit crazy scentist in my mind
this season has been a real head scratcher so far, teams last year that did great, are sucking and vise versa.
except for us. we haven't changed a big *shrug*
i still save give him some more time.
after all, the most sucessful teams, have long term managers. it's been proven in a variety of sports. we keep getting new coaches every year, we'll keep being shit

DichioTFC
05-02-2010, 02:19 PM
admittedly i didnt want to post this the day after his experiment failed, but it is the beginning of the month.

i voted yes. Preki has improved the personality and character of the squad. any manager would appreciate how difficult that task truly is. results will come, but the foundation is there.

DichioTFC
05-02-2010, 02:25 PM
I voted yes, not so much for results but because it appears that Preki is trying to address specific problems on the team. Last night's squad experiment was a failure but how many times in the past have the technical staff not been willing to try out different approaches to adjust the team. IIRC Preki did this at Chivas too, with good effect, not immediately though.

What is happening at RBNY is extremely rare and I'm not sure how much of it is Backe and how much is a different approach from the FO with new people in charge.

I hope nobody here was thinking that was going to happen with Preki.

Exactly. Im glad these experiments are done when we're in tough. If these experiments never take place, we'll complain later on in the season when we have injuries or fitness issues about how the players on the pitch have never played before. Preki is a smart coach and he's a definite asset to the franchise.

Sally Mack
05-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Preki has improved the personality and character of the squad. any manager would appreciate how difficult that task truly is.
I couldnt agree more. I prefer this year's more solid/gritty team over last year's dysfunctional, underachieving group of "stars".

Cashcleaner
05-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Voted yes. People can argue that we don't have a good record at the moment and that should speak for itself, but we do seem to be gaining momentum. Let's give Preki the season and see where we stand once it's over and done with.

dow117
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
I vote NO because of the negative approach in the RSL game... a 4-5-1 formation sends a message to the other team that a draw is OK and leaves way too much space to build attacks. Rhe defence is simply bot good enough for this apprach. Viola ! that is what happened. Then to leave out your first team choices adds to the pressure.. a debacle and embarrassment.

Wull
05-02-2010, 05:23 PM
voted no. Our games have been pretty poor and only the second half against Seattle have we looked decent. Our captain for the first half last night suggests he's lost the plot or mo was in the dressing room again

rocker
05-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I voted yes... I like what I see at times. Hopefully with a run of home games we'll see more of the good stuff we saw vs Seattle and Montreal.

Having 4 of your first 6 league games on the road when you're trying to get an almost completely new team playing well together is tough to do.

Wull
05-02-2010, 05:34 PM
I voted yes... I like what I see at times. Hopefully with a run of home games we'll see more of the good stuff we saw vs Seattle and Montreal.

Having 4 of your first 6 league games on the road when you're trying to get an almost completely new team playing well together is tough to do.

Not having a go but what good stuff did you see against Montreal?

rocker
05-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Not having a go but what good stuff did you see against Montreal?

good goal by Barrett, keeping the ball from Montreal in the second half, good passing (which lead to "Ole's" by the south end), strong play from Frei.
I didn't say it was a perfect game, but there were positives at home. We are, afterall, undefeated in 3 games at home. By any measure, that is success.

but it's hard to judge since Montreal lost a player and TFC was playing on 2 days rest.

Serb_Star
05-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes, he has done the best with the "talent" hes been given.

I might be biased towards a fellow Serb though.

tfc2007
05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
I voted no.

The best defense is a good offence.

Lets not plan to sit back for 45 min. and let a team attack us.

Also with the whole defense plan, why was JDG, our DP defensive midfielder not on? makes no sense.

---> behind my answer:
I love this thread, and I am looking forward to seeing it every month. I take these questions on a month to month basis, ie. this is approval rating for April and only April. Next is May and only May.

I would like to see this poll at the the halfway point as maybe a from start of season to mid season poll?

supersaint
05-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I cannot believe that Preki is getting off so lightly with us all. I do not believe for a minute that it was just Mo that signed the new players, I am sure Preki had a lot of input there, after all we all know that if you are not a suck up to Preki then you go out the door, just like Guevara, Robinson, Wynne....you cannot tell me that these acquisitions by Mo are not as talented as the plodders that we now have...hard working but not very talented journeymen at best...funny enough I think Mo should go too, but he did acquire DeRo, and Guevara and DeGuzman, also drafted for Edu, Frei, O Brian and scouted Sanyang etc. I am convinced Preki wanted the players who left the club out of here. I still pray we do better and win, but man, we are playing some ugly boring football, and still not winning. Even a dunce would have taken off De Ro and De Guz earlier in the Montreal game, Montreal were never going to beat us, and then he brings on three subs all at once at half time, good move if someone was to get injured....last year we were one game away from the playoffs and we played some attractive football. The team needed tweaked not completely frigging dismantled|!

Waggy
05-02-2010, 08:00 PM
Fair warning, I have not read the responses thus far. however, I am HORRIFIED that this thread exists. The man has had 7 entire games under his belt, with a half assembled roster due to incompetence above him. Preki cannot be judged until at least July or August, and even then it's dicey. Clearly the man can get his team working hard, that's all we can ascertain thus far.

Pachuco
05-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Nope, can't stand what I see right now. We are in for some terrible football as long as Preki is coach. Last night we weren't outmaned, outtalented, we were simply out coached. JDG got ripped on when he cost us a game this season. Preki deserves the same for costing us points yesterday.

DichioTFC
05-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Fair warning, I have not read the responses thus far. however, I am HORRIFIED that this thread exists. The man has had 7 entire games under his belt, with a half assembled roster due to incompetence above him. Preki cannot be judged until at least July or August, and even then it's dicey. Clearly the man can get his team working hard, that's all we can ascertain thus far.

Horrified seems extreme. You clearly think he's got the team working hard and any roster-related criticisms are not his to be blamed, it would appear as though you're satisfied with the job that Preki's doing thus far.

Once again, these opinion polls are just a snapshot in time. Like political polls do not determine the winner of an election, this poll does not determine Preki's employment.

prizby
05-02-2010, 09:42 PM
where is the poll answer: not another poll

DichioTFC
05-02-2010, 10:28 PM
where is the poll answer: not another poll
that poll answer is around the same place as this one: poll-answering is not compulsory

andyc
05-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I really didn't want to like Preki.... He's Mo's buddy, he dumped a bunch of my favourite players, he plays an unglamorous (or negative) style and on and on...

But I voted Yes! Preki has them playing hard and working for each other. JDG has seemed really motivated in the last few games and of course Dero is on fire.

I thought that Saturdays game would end in a real ugly blow out after the first half but he managed to right the ship.

So for now it's passing grade...

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2010, 10:43 PM
JDG got ripped on when he cost us a game this season. Preki deserves the same for costing us points yesterday.

There isn't really a parallel to draw here. JDG jumped out of the way of a free kick. Preki was trying to strategize an away match based on a lineup that was fatigued from having already played twice in the week.

Clearly the strategy failed, because we lost - but I understood why he did it. JDG jumping out of the way of the ball wasn't defensible on any level.

If we had managed to hold RSL scoreless for the first half, and then DeRo came in as a ringer for the second half and gave us the win, Preki's tactical risk would look brilliant.

This team isn't playing as well as I would like, but they are playing better than I thought they would based on all predictions and early results. They aren't going soft after 70 minutes, and the lineup has some steel in it's spine that I haven't seen before. Our defense is also the stoutest it has ever been in four years - a Preki signature.

Our offense frequently looks listless still, but I blame that on the pieces Preki has been given to work with, not coaching. They play hard for him, and I've seen stretches of good stuff in the past couple of weeks.

- Scott

[NBF]
05-02-2010, 11:19 PM
I don't see much from Preki as a coach now that I've seen his tactics and what I've seen the team "he chose", but I dont know what is being said and done in locker room.

On the field, he doesnt get a pass from me, due to his lack of quality coaching which is evident in the inconsistency of his tactics, man management, and his bi-polar-like/confrontational personality where he presents himself as a disciplinary, but on the field during game day, he seems to be afraid to coach his team(So much for that hard work ethic). So to me he seems to be a guy that demands respect, but is scared to criticize his players during the game, because he already has/had a mutiny in the locker room.

Did anyone see the movie "Master and Commander" on the weekend on AMC? I swear my workplace is alot like that, alot of battles, except the management does not grab a projectile and throw themselves off the boat when they've fucked up and it cost someone underneath them huge strife.

Great battle scene between the two boats. :flare:

DichioTFC
05-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Preki was trying to strategize an away match based on a lineup that was fatigued from having already played twice in the week.

If we had managed to hold RSL scoreless for the first half, and then DeRo came in as a ringer for the second half and gave us the win, Preki's tactical risk would look brilliant.

100% on point.

And it doesn't get any easier for boys in May. From the 8th to the 22nd, they'll have played 5 games in 14 days. Look at the logistics.. at home 8th, Montreal 12th, LA 15th, Vancouver 19th, home 22nd, SJ the following week.

the schedule makers weren't too kind to us during this stretch. i'm hoping the boys can stay competitive, take all wins in the two weeks (with two winnable NCC away games) and hopefully draw LA, but realistically the boys need rest or else we'll have a return of the 75' Curse.

fetajr
05-03-2010, 08:04 AM
The best defense is a good offence.

Exactly.

We've won all of our home games and lost all the away games..whats the difference?

TFC attacks and goes out to win the game when at home, but then they employ '1-striker' defensive bullshit when playing away in hopes to salvage a 0-0 tie...thats horse fuck

pekduck
05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Preki Approval Rating April 2010 - 67.2%

Can you also list the number of votes in April and carry that stats onward?

Roogsy
05-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Nope.

Preki has done a better job than Mo yes. I don't think we've seen much improvement over Carver at all and with more drama. And Saturday's boneheaded loss is a real minus for me.

For Preki to win me over, he has to impress me this year. He hasn't. All he has shown is a stubborness to doing things his way which I am not convinced is a winning system.

Roogsy
05-03-2010, 08:28 AM
There isn't really a parallel to draw here. JDG jumped out of the way of a free kick. Preki was trying to strategize an away match based on a lineup that was fatigued from having already played twice in the week.

And JDG was trying to "strategize" on the kick.

What counts is the result. With JDG it was a goal against us. With Preki it was a loss. Both should get ripped. But we have fallen into the same trap as before. Mo brings in a new guy and he gets love and happy feelings right from the start without proving himself. Preki hasn't shown us anything special so far at all.

rocker
05-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Exactly.

We've won all of our home games and lost all the away games..whats the difference?

Maybe there is no difference. But the way Carver or Cummins would do it, you'd go with the standard lineup on the road as well, grab a couple away points, and then lose points at home in the final 15 minutes due to tiredness or lack of concentration. In the end it's about getting enough points however you can do it. If that means finally making BMO Field a "fortress" and giving up away points, it doesn't really matter. Last year Chicago was weak at home and solid on the road and made the playoffs.. last year RSL was awesome at home and pathetic on the road and made the playoffs.

trane
05-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I liked what I heard. Have not liked what I have seen. But it is too early. BUT for me another 5 league games will be enough, to say enough, or believe that he should be allowed to continue.

KdotOdot
05-03-2010, 09:15 AM
I think everyone should calm the fuck down. Preki is doing what he needs to do to this team. Teach them basic football. So essentially possesion, possesion, possesion.

The last 2 home games were some of the BEST I've seen at BMO since year 1.

Roogsy
05-03-2010, 09:18 AM
I think everyone should calm the fuck down. Preki is doing what he needs to do to this team. Teach them basic football. So essentially possesion, possesion, possesion.

And this is where I see the problem. I've seen this statement quite a bit in the past few weeks and it's absolute bullshit.

There is no way the past 2 wins at home were the best games TFC has played since it began in the league.

I get accused of having "Mo-hate" glasses on but I am beginning to see a lot of rose-coloured "Preki" glasses around here.

KdotOdot
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
Dude, best games ever.

I've been there. I know. for the last 3 years we've been playing "Chase the Ball" I didn't see any of that in the last 2 home games, I missed the RSL game dude to being drunk, but I imagine they were still playing possesion.

Shaughno
05-03-2010, 09:21 AM
And this is where I see the problem. I've seen this statement quite a bit in the past few weeks and it's absolute bullshit.

There is no way the past 2 wins at home were the best games TFC has played since it began in the league.

I get accused of having "Mo-hate" glasses on but I am beginning to see a lot of rose-coloured "Preki" glasses around here.

Maybe not the best full 90 minutes. I've seen about 90 minutes total this season that convince me we DO have the players we need and the coach IS working to get them into game shape for his type of system.

There has been spurts of about 10-15 minutes each game where we are easily better than any team we've ever fielded in the previous years.

Pachuco
05-03-2010, 09:24 AM

Agreed. If those two wins were the best we've ever played then I should be worried. We win 2-0 at home against a 10 man USL team and all of a sudden it's the best football we've ever played. What a joke. It irritates me to think people are giving credit to Preki when quite possibly this is the worst team we have ever had, and we've actually taken part in some of the worst football I have ever seen on the road AND at BMO. (Union game).

trane
05-03-2010, 09:24 AM

I agree that is what we shuold be doing. But we are not the posesion against RSl was at least 60-40 in the favour of RSL. I give him another 5 games because he may be getting there. But there is plenty of reasons to question him to this point. Yes, the team is still growing but the off-season was not used properly, and that is at least in part his fault.

And concedeing I forget 12 or 13 corners many very unecesary does not speak of a discoplined defensive team, neither does the first goal, the second was attakora's mistake.

Shaughno
05-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Dude, best games ever.

I've been there. I know. for the last 3 years we've been playing "Chase the Ball" I didn't see any of that in the last 2 home games, I missed the RSL game dude to being drunk, but I imagine they were still playing possesion.

I agree, sort of. Definitely agree tactically. We are playing better, more sound football, some of the time. Then it seems we fall back into the TFC/Canadian 'dump n chase' mentality.

The biggest thing for me, has been the cohesion in the back line, save the RSL first half. Something we've never really had.... ever.

trane
05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Our best games in every aspect were still ones in which he won and Dichio was playing. We held shape best, and kept possession the best. In those games, the 4-0 win comes to mind.

trane
05-03-2010, 09:30 AM
I agree, sort of. Definitely agree tactically. We are playing better, more sound football, some of the time. Then it seems we fall back into the TFC/Canadian 'dump n chase' mentality.

The biggest thing for me, has been the cohesion in the back line, save the RSL first half. Something we've never really had.... ever.

I agree, but that first half of the RSl they seemed nervous, which led to disorganization.

Roogsy
05-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Our best games in every aspect were still ones in which he won and Dichio was playing. We held shape best, and kept possession the best. In those games, the 4-0 win comes to mind.

Thank

You

Pachuco
05-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Shaughno, yes there have been flashes where this team has played better (second half of the seattle game comes to mind), but we have seen even more flashes of the worst football I have ever seen at BMO (Union controlling the game with 10 man on the field) comes to mind. So what does that say? even if it was 50/50, does that type of inconsistence really give you any hope?

People keep saying that Cummins or Carver's teams would have failed in the last 15 mins, well Preki's teams fail in the first 15 mins. How is that any better?

trane
05-03-2010, 09:35 AM
^ Seriously, even our back line looked decent in some of those game because the midfiled kept posession lessning the pressure on them.

KdotOdot
05-03-2010, 09:39 AM
Shaughno, yes there have been flashes where this team has played better (second half of the seattle game comes to mind), but we have seen even more flashes of the worst football I have ever seen at BMO (Union controlling the game with 10 man on the field) comes to mind. So what does that say? even if it was 50/50, does that type of inconsistence really give you any hope?

People keep saying that Cummins or Carver's teams would have failed in the last 15 mins, well Preki's teams fail in the first 15 mins. How is that any better?

It's better because if they fail in the first 15 minutes they have 75 to recover.

When you fail in the 87th you're fucked.

Pachuco
05-03-2010, 09:48 AM
It's better because if they fail in the first 15 minutes they have 75 to recover.

well, you could also say that as long as you are in the game in the 87th minute then you stand a chance at winning. Getting taken out of the game in the first 15 minutes is alot worst.

Roogsy
05-03-2010, 10:04 AM

Geez Pachuco...you're on fire.

I am letting you handle things on this front. You're doing a better job than I am.

Darlofletch
05-03-2010, 10:17 AM
I voted yes.

we're far from the finshed article, and it's been ugly at times and will continue to be ugly at times, but at least this time we're trying to build it the right way. get a system in place, be organised and try to keep possession, rather than looking like we have no plan and relying on individuals to do something out of nothing.

Once we've got that down, and when we have cap space next year, hopefully preki will be able to get us to the next level, by adding some class players in who can, within the system in place, make a difference through their individual talent.

the first half against RSL really showed what happens when you take out your best players, but when De Ro and De Guzman are playing, hopefully in the future along with a few other players of their calibre, then the basics that preki is currently trying to install will serve us well.

Call me one of those suckers who's fallen into MLSE's trap, but i;m quite happy with the direction the team's going, even if we do still have a long long way to go. I'm pissed that we didn't have this sort of planning in the first three years, but we can't change the fact that we didn't. To expect year 4 results from preki right now is asking way too much given what he inherited.

DichioTFC
05-03-2010, 01:28 PM
Can you also list the number of votes in April and carry that stats onward?

Updated original post. I'll do a monthly tally and a running overall tally in the future.

DichioTFC
05-03-2010, 01:35 PM
And Saturday's boneheaded loss is a real minus for me.

I disappointed with the squad he put out against RSL as well. We could've had a draw at least and those are lost points that could work against us come playoff rush.

But I like that he took a bold decision that he honestly felt played to TFC's advantage. One thing that nobody can doubt is that Preki has the boys more or less auditioning for playing time. It keeps the boys on their toes and more composed overall.

DichioTFC
05-03-2010, 01:40 PM

I'm with KdotOdot on this one.

Losing late in the game has a lingering effect. It haunts players like a bad stench that doesn't go away.

We let in two goals with our B-squad but we fought back in the second half and had a couple chances to make it close. To me, I feel that gives the boys more inspiration and resolve for future close games.

Football is 90% mental. Anything that improves the boys' concentration from last year is an improvement.

Roogsy
05-03-2010, 01:45 PM
The problem with that is...for the team to be give up points in the 87th minute you'd have to have a good start to the game, which we have not been able to do. So yeah, it mentally kills you if you give up the game in the dying minutes...but it's going to kill you if you can't get to that point with a lead in the first place, like it was in RSL.

It's the classic case of which came first. Chicken or the egg?

It's a real statement to the condition of this team when we have to "pick our poison". Shit at the beginning or shit at the end? You choose.

How about not shit at all? What a wonderful world that would be.

druid
05-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I think it's too soon to tell. It's possible that we won't know how things are really working out until the end of September. One transfer window is not that long to accomplish that kind of change that Preki has been attempting. I just hope the win:loss ratio looks good enough to avoid a change in staff before the end of the season.

That said, we've played well at home and had a string of consecutive passes in each game that have outdone anything that's happened before Preki but we were a man up in both games.

DichioTFC
05-03-2010, 01:53 PM

For a MLSE team? We can only hope!!

Considering the possibility of worse shit, the shit that we've gotten this year is pretty good shit that will turn into better shit and hopefully playoff shit.
:D

Pachuco
05-03-2010, 01:53 PM
The problem with that is...for the team to be give up points in the 87th minute you'd have to have a good start to the game, which we have not been able to do. So yeah, it mentally kills you if you give up the game in the dying minutes...but it's going to kill you if you can't get to that point with a lead in the first place, like it was in RSL.

It's the classic case of which came first. Chicken or the egg?

It's a real statement to the condition of this team when we have to "pick our poison". Shit at the beginning or shit at the end? You choose.

Seriously, I can't believe people defending Preki are using the excuse that we haven't lost in the dying seconds of a game. Does 4 goals against NE in 15 minutes not matter to anyone simply because it wasn't in the last 15 mins of the game? This argument can't be for real.

ManUtd4ever
05-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Magic words: even keel. I am genuinely optimistic about everything Preki has brought to the organization but the simple fact of the matter is that he overestimated RSL on Saturday and employed a questionable strategy in a game that was there for the taking in my opinion. I only take solace in the fact that he recognized his error in judgement and will not replicate that lineup again barring injuries...

DichioTFC
05-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Seriously, I can't believe people defending Preki are using the excuse that we haven't lost in the dying seconds of a game. Does 4 goals against NE in 15 minutes not matter to anyone simply because it wasn't in the last 15 mins of the game? This argument can't be for real.

That unto itself is not the only issue, but it does speak to improved coaching over last year and a squad that has improved on mental issues.

Honestly, with all the stuff that happened earlier in the year (no full roster, jimmy b retires one game in, new captain, controversy after controversy, MLSE issues, nick garcia) a mediocre team would've just folded up and really who would've blamed them. But these guys have improved tremendously since the NE game and are starting to play beautiful football with solid defence throughout the game, including the last 15' which was our Achilles Heel. That gives me the impression that these guys are not a mediocre squad, but a pretty good squad that is still finding its way. I credit Preki for making sure that these guys focus on the task at hand and not on the BS going on around them

Pachuco
05-03-2010, 02:09 PM
That unto itself is not the only issue, but it does speak to improved coaching over last year and a squad that has improved on mental issues.

Honestly, with all the stuff that happened earlier in the year (no full roster, jimmy b retires one game in, new captain, controversy after controversy, MLSE issues, nick garcia) a mediocre team would've just folded up and really who would've blamed them. But these guys have improved tremendously since the NE game and are starting to play beautiful football with solid defence throughout the game, including the last 15' which was our Achilles Heel. That gives me the impression that these guys are not a mediocre squad, but a pretty good squad that is still finding its way. I credit Preki for making sure that these guys focus on the task at hand and not on the BS going on around them

The game against a 10 man Philadelphia Union was quite possibly the worst football I have ever seen from TFC at BMO field. This game happened after the NE game. The first half against RSL is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen us play away from home. That was after the NE game. To say they've improved tremendously since that game is an overstatement. What you probably aren't realizing is that we hadn't played at home up to that point. But we did go back on the road, and shit the bed just as if it was any other year.

I still don't get how you judge a team by the fact they haven't let in a goal in the last 15 mins of a game. It's ludicrous to me.

DichioTFC
05-03-2010, 02:27 PM
The game against a 10 man Philadelphia Union was quite possibly the worst football I have ever seen from TFC at BMO field. This game happened after the NE game. The first half against RSL is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen us play away from home. That was after the NE game. To say they've improved tremendously since that game is an overstatement. What you probably aren't realizing is that we hadn't played at home up to that point. But we did go back on the road, and shit the bed just as if it was any other year.

Its true, we haven't played perfect football 100% of the time. But nobody's claiming that the squad has been perfect and error free. The game against Seattle was great. There were positives in every game since NE. Sure the Philly game was awkward, but Barrett and OBW had good team work and a win is a win. Sure we lost in Colorado but the goals didn't come from free play, but set pieces (yes, something we need to improve, I acknowledge that). The RSL first half squad was clearly our B squad. When our A squad came in, we 'won' that 45', 1-0.

"Tremendous" might be an overstatement, but the point is that TFC have been steadily improving.

I still don't get how you judge a team by the fact they haven't let in a goal in the last 15 mins of a game. It's ludicrous to me.

Once again, its not a solitary point unto itself. But rather to me it speaks to a higher recognition, that the mental side of coaching has been improved. As that's part of Preki's mandate, I feel that he's met that expectation, so that aspect is a moderate success for Preki in his role as coach.

Oldtimer
05-03-2010, 02:49 PM
Interesting poll results. Despite some very strong opinions in this thread (both ways), Preki has more than 2/3 support, up from April. This suggests that people like what they see, and are maybe giving Preki some lee-way because of the newness of his squad.

trane
05-03-2010, 03:52 PM
^I think it is about lee-way, and the idea of what he is trying to do. I for one am all about that.

DichioTFC
05-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Interesting poll results. Despite some very strong opinions in this thread (both ways), Preki has more than 2/3 support, up from April. This suggests that people like what they see, and are maybe giving Preki some lee-way because of the newness of his squad.

The first 75 or so votes, the support was near 75%. It seems to me that people genuinely support Preki but there is a bit of cynicism due to questionable tactics and mediocre results. I think the leveling off was a consequence of members seeing other members mention these reservations.

Still, 68% is pretty good considering that anyone else associated with TFC other than DeRo or Frei would most likely get ratings in the 55-63 range. But the criticisms that people have raised are valid, it'll be interesting to see how Preki responds in the busy month of May.

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Interestingly enough, I was listening to the Major League Soccer Talk podcast, and they mentioned Preki as being the most likely coach to lose his job mid-season. Obviously, outsiders see Preki in a different light than Torontonians.

koryo
05-04-2010, 07:41 AM

I think it's important to note that if we haven't improved by end of July / August, you'll see the level of support steadily drop.

And rightly so.

I'm willing to give him time, but he's on the clock and so are the players.

brad
05-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Interestingly enough, I was listening to the Major League Soccer Talk podcast, and they mentioned Preki as being the most likely coach to lose his job mid-season. Obviously, outsiders see Preki in a different light than Torontonians.

Doesn't surprise me, the outsiders don't have rose colored glasses on.

brad
05-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I think it's important to note that if we haven't improved by end of July / August, you'll see the level of support steadily drop.

And rightly so.

I'm willing to give him time, but he's on the clock and so are the players.

I set a limit of 10 games at the start of the season before passing judgment. I based that on the fact that we really didn't have a pre-season, and that effectively started when the season starts.

10 games is more than enough to get some familiarity between the players, and figure what system will work best for the team.

There are two games left. So far I see some positives, but the negatives seem to be outweighing them.

CoachGT
05-04-2010, 07:53 AM

He was out and out hated by the Chivas supporters last year. He was being touted to lose his job then despite their position in the standings - they were doing well at the time.

A scout asked me a question earlier this year, whether I had thought that Kljestan had improved at all during three years under Preki, the most talented US born player on Chivas. He suggested that Kljestan went from being a sure starter on the US national team to a questionmark as to whether he'd even be selected for the team. Spoke volumes to me.

Roogsy
05-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Doesn't surprise me, the outsiders don't have rose colored glasses on.

Yup...it must be the water in our fair city.

The problem here is that since we haven't had a "system" ever for our team, when someone comes in and puts one in place (which Preki has indeed done, there is no question) we automatically presume it's a good thing. Most have not questioned if the method and the system are good to begin with, we're just so happy to have one at all. That doesn't inspire confidence in me, in addition to Preki's poor record of player and management relations.

brad
05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Yup...it must be the water in our fair city.

The problem here is that since we haven't had a "system" ever for our team, when someone comes in and puts one in place (which Preki has indeed done, there is no question) we automatically presume it's a good thing. Most have not questioned if the method and the system are good to begin with, we're just so happy to have one at all. That doesn't inspire confidence in me, in addition to Preki's poor record of player and management relations.

About the only positives I see so far is that the team is more disciplined and better at holding it's shape. We don't seem to collapse in the dying minutes anymore. We don't look like a timbits team anymore with everyone chasing the ball around the pitch aimlessly.

That is a good start, however none of that does us much good when we can't complete simple short passes, we can't move the ball in the oppositions half, and struggle to get shots on goal, let alone goals.

People need to look deeper than the results, and with the exception of the second half against Seattle, the level of play is simply bad.

Pachuco
05-04-2010, 08:34 AM
I can totally see why Chivas suporters couldn't stand Preki. Probably has alot to do with one of my beefs with Preki as well. (Now before you freek out, yes I am stereotyping and generalizing but I think it applies here). Defensive football and latinos don't mix. Scoring goals first is the way we were taught to play. Just like the typical English can't stand embelishments and time wasting, I can't freeking stand seeing 11 men defending behind the ball and kicking the ball back to the other team any time they get posession. This is unfortunately the style of football Preki is teaching us to play. It's a system, but for guys like me, it's a system I have no interest in seeing. This is why every time I watch Italy in the world cup I want to stab myself in the eye, unfortunately for me though, they are probably the biggest powerhouse that can implement this style to a tee and therefore they always stand a chance to win.

I want to see my team win, but I also want to watch entertaining football at BMO. I love this sport, and I trully believe that guys who teach Preki's system ruin this sport.

Roogsy
05-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I agree Pachuco with the system. It's ultimate goal is simple mediocrity. I am ok with unattractive football but the ultimate goal has to be more than "not losing".

On a sidenote, Chivas supporters were upset about more than just the system. By the end, everyone that had anything to do with Chivas wanted Preki out. There is a reason for that.

(The irony in all this? Chivas has had exponentially more success than TFC but Preki was pushed out nonetheless. We on the other hand, have had 3 putrid years and Mo is still around. It says something doesn't it?)

trane
05-04-2010, 08:42 AM
^ Talking a good defensive game and playing one, are two different things, so far we have talked a good defensive game, I have seen signs of us POTENTIALY playing one, but we have not played one yet. When we do I will be happy.

Pachuco
05-04-2010, 08:44 AM
I agree Pachuco with the system. It's ultimate goal is simple mediocrity. I am ok with unattractive football but the ultimate goal has to be more than "not losing".

On a sidenote, Chivas supporters were upset about more than just the system. By the end, everyone that had anything to do with Chivas wanted Preki out. There is a reason for that.

(The irony in all this? Chivas has had exponentially more success than TFC but Preki was pushed out nonetheless. We on the other hand, have had 3 putrid years and Mo is still around. It says something doesn't it?)

I looked up some articles of when Preki was rumoured to be leaving Chivas and also went back through some threads. Seems like Preki's attitude towards other team's players was also a big problem. He was (on more then one occasion) accused of starting a fight with a opposing player after a game. It seems as though that ticked off alot of the supporters and rightly so.

trane
05-04-2010, 08:45 AM

That is sort what I am thinking, what I see is not classic catenaccio nor the style Inter is playing this year, but more old lower English side ten behind the ball. I am not against that system, but as I said, Italian defensive football is not devoid of offensive play, it just that offensive paly is mostly generated from the counter and set pieces, having De Ro and JDG not play kind off kills are effectiveness in both.

Roogsy
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
^ Talking a good defensive game and playing one, are two different things, so far we have talked a good defensive game, I have seen signs of us POTENTIALY playing one, but we have not played one yet. When we do I will be happy.

Which is why I am literally shocked beyond belief when I read comments on this board lately that TFC has played the best football ever so far. There is no way in hell I believe that statement for a second. We are playing different yes. But there are many games in the past where the team seemed in tune with each other that they absolutely dominated the opposition. Yes it happened, I guess people forget. But we haven't done that this season and until we do, I can't believe anyone would make that statement with a straight face.

Roogsy
05-04-2010, 08:53 AM
That is sort what I am thinking, what I see is not classic catenaccio nor the style Inter is playing this year, but more old lower English side ten behind the ball. I am not against that system, but as I said, Italian defensive football is not devoid of offensive play, it just that offensive paly is mostly generated from the counter and set pieces, having De Ro and JDG not play kind off kills are effectiveness in both.

This is exactly my thought.

Which is why Saturday's strategy was all the more a headscratcher for me. Without DeRo and JDG we were cursed with having to stay in our half desperately defending in the hopes they wouldn't score. There was no way in hell the lineup put out there was going to score a goal (even though DeVos kept saying that TFC were hoping to go into the half up 1-nil, I was like what???)

If you're going to play a defensive strategy, you have to keep the opposing team honest with a boneafide offensive threat of some kind. The Italian catenaccio relies on a highly effective and well practiced counterattack. And it workes. Oh gawd does it work. Scares the shit out of me. Without an offensive threat though, while you may keep 10 back behind the line, anyone with half a brain will realize what you are doing and push all men forward without any worries about giving up chances. I knew it was going to happen the moment I saw the lineup and that's what bugs me. I am a spectator. I have never played the game at any level beyond amateur and I recognized and feared immediately the dangers Preki was exposing the team to and it happened exactly as I anticipated. How can a professional not see that as well? He should certainily see it before some stupid armchair quarterback like me!

trane
05-04-2010, 08:53 AM
^ It is hopefull thinking, much of knowlegble people (shags for example) who hope that it will take time but that it will work. I can understand that, but like you I have not seen it, and yes we have been better.

Roogsy
05-04-2010, 08:56 AM
Hope is the expectation of something that has not happened yet. I will not give Preki credit for results that he has not achieved yet.

If he achieves them, only THEN will I give him credit.

But all I see is a repeat of the hope we placed in Mo. Once bitten twice shy. I am a smarter man today. I want to see proof before I proclaim you saviour.

trane
05-04-2010, 08:57 AM
This is exactly my thought.

Which is why Saturday's strategy was all the more a headscratcher for me. Without DeRo and JDG we were cursed with having to stay in our half desperately defending in the hopes they wouldn't score. There was no way in hell the lineup put out there was going to score a goal (even though DeVos kept saying that TFC were hoping to go into the half up 1-nil, I was like what???)

If you're going to play a defensive strategy, you have to keep the opposing team honest with a boneafide offensive threat of some kind. The Italian catenaccio relies on a highly effective and well practiced counterattack. And it workes. Oh gawd does it work. Scares the shit out of me. Without an offensive threat though, while you may keep 10 back behind the line, anyone with half a brain will realize what you are doing and push all men forward without any worries about giving up chances. I knew it was going to happen the moment I saw the lineup and that's what bugs me. I am a spectator. I have never played the game at any level beyond amateur and I recognized and feared immediately the dangers Preki was exposing the team to and it happened exactly as I anticipated. How can a professional not see that as well? He should certainily see it before some stupid armchair quarterback like me!

You know I agree. 94 italy was a s defensive as they get. They had baggio. 82 Italy was another defensive side, they had Rossi. The 06 Italian team had multiple great offensive players, Totti, Del Piero ect. ect. Inter right now is a "defensive" side, but they have multiple players that can punish you when you push forward and you create space. All great defensive side, who can win titles are build like that.

Beach_Red
05-04-2010, 08:58 AM

Likeability and success are interesting though. Over the last three years TFC has increased the number of wins and points every year but we look at it as "putrid" and a mess.

New England, in each of the last three seasons have had fewer wins and fewer points, so they seem to be going in the opposite direction and everyone likes their manager.

Chivas, over the last three years has gone down and then back up a little.

All these teams seem to be mired at about the same level now, none of them look to be breaking out anytime soon.

trane
05-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Hope is the expectation of something that has not happened yet. I will not give Preki credit for results that he has not achieved yet.

If he achieves them, only THEN will I give him credit.

But all I see is a repeat of the hope we placed in Mo. Once bitten twice shy. I am a smarter man today. I want to see proof before I proclaim you saviour.

I am there with you. I will give Preki 10 games, but we are getting there quickly.

Oldtimer
05-04-2010, 09:07 AM
I have yet to see Italian-quality defending from this team.

I don't know what kind of football they play in Serbia (maybe someone else on the board can enlighten me), but Preki's style of defense does not seem overly effective. Whether it is the newness of the squad (that always affects your defense), Mo's cap mismanagement (which results in an inability to sign decent players), or poor coaching, is yet to be determined.

daner90
05-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Would it hurt Preki to dress like he isn't homeless for our games, like come on, show some level of professionalism if you are going to be the head of our team...

no comment on his system or success yet

trane
05-04-2010, 01:13 PM
I have yet to see Italian-quality defending from this team.

I don't know what kind of football they play in Serbia (maybe someone else on the board can enlighten me), but Preki's style of defense does not seem overly effective. Whether it is the newness of the squad (that always affects your defense), Mo's cap mismanagement (which results in an inability to sign decent players), or poor coaching, is yet to be determined.

Defense is traditionaly not a big thing in Serbia. Not from the Serbian footy that I have seen.

drexel10
05-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Defense is traditionaly not a big thing in Serbia. Not from the Serbian footy that I have seen.

Well Vidic, Ivanovic, Korolov, Subotic would probably suggest that defense might be a big thing in Serbia.

rocker
05-04-2010, 03:05 PM
Would it hurt Preki to dress like he isn't homeless for our games, like come on, show some level of professionalism if you are going to be the head of our team...

yer joking right? I didn't see a smiley after, so I'm not sure.

trane
05-04-2010, 03:09 PM
Well Vidic, Ivanovic, Korolov, Subotic would probably suggest that defense might be a big thing in Serbia.

Good defensive players does not mean that Serbian teams play defensive football.

TFCRegina
05-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Voted yes.

At the start of the season, with the squad...or lack thereof...I figured this club would win a total of 5 games all year. We're over half way to that marker. He's making magic happen and building a club.

trane
05-05-2010, 08:35 AM
Some think that performance can be judged on an ongoing basis. I tend to be in that group. I would not look on results alone, but on what we look on the field. But some would hold off any judgemnt untill Preki is given a fair chance. I for one, while believing that you can judge performance from game one, clearly not very well the more limited the information is, do beleive that it is fair to give any manager a certain run of games before starting to form an overall opinion. I do not believe that you need a season to formulate an opinion. However, I do not think we have seen enough yet to do so either, not on a conclusive basis. So the question is when?

For me I have looked at the scheduela and I thinkg that somewhere between May 29, when we play the SJ at home and June 26 when we play LAG in LA, is more then sufficient to determine if we are going in the right direction. What do you guys think?

To be clear despite my lack of enthusiasm from day one I have wanted Preki to suceed, as from day one of TFC I have wanted a more defensive system I hope it happens.

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I think this thread belongs in the Preki approval thread no? I'll move it my man.

trane
05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
^ I just wanted to canvass opinion, but sure.

J .
05-05-2010, 08:45 AM
Interesting to see how opionion has held since the beginning of the season. Its a little early to judge, but I am supposing that there is more growth for the no's than the yes's if we are not closer to mid or top of the table by July and after the transfer window.

brad
05-05-2010, 09:05 AM
For me I have looked at the scheduela and I thinkg that somewhere between May 29, when we play the SJ at home and June 26 when we play LAG in LA, is more then sufficient to determine if we are going in the right direction. What do you guys think?

This is pretty much the marker I've put down. 10 games in not necessarily enough games for a team that has been rebuilt to find it's top form, but it is enough to remove the "we didn't have a pre-season, we are figuring things out" phase.

And I also agree that we need to look deeper than results.

trane
05-05-2010, 09:07 AM
^ Yeah, I mean if we are still poor in point but we have a run of games that we looked better then we ever looked, I would be happy. It is all relative. But at some point we need some clear picture of improvement.

Beach_Red
05-05-2010, 09:09 AM
^ I just wanted to canvass opinion, but sure.

I like the idea of dividing the schedule into parts and evaluating each one.

May 29th will be the 10th league game, won't it? How many points would be considerred successful by then?

trane
05-05-2010, 09:11 AM
^ In terms of point I would hope 15 at least, half of what we could get. BUT as I said I think that it is more then points. If we had a run of great play I would be happy. Having said that it will be hard to see a run of great play were by then we should not be at 15 points, in light that we have 6 right now.

daner90
05-05-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally Posted by daner90 http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1009043#post1009043)

yer joking right? I didn't see a smiley after, so I'm not sure.

Did you see him on the sidelines for the Real Salt Lake game?
Dude looked like he was getting ready to start begging for spare change...
I would like to see him wear a suit during the game like a proper manager.

Shaughno
05-05-2010, 09:20 AM

It was also cold, snowy and rainy at the same time. He was dressed for the weather in a thick jacket, tuque and a jacket to cover his legs.

Is that really something worth complaining about, really? First year MoJo was wearing fucking trackpants FFS.

trane
05-05-2010, 09:30 AM
^ SEE how did that turn out? Those are warning singles. Daner90 is correct.

[not really]

brad
05-05-2010, 09:48 AM
^ In terms of point I would hope 15 at least, half of what we could get. BUT as I said I think that it is more then points. If we had a run of great play I would be happy. Having said that it will be hard to see a run of great play were by then we should not be at 15 points, in light that we have 6 right now.

Exactly. For example, we got 3 points against Philly. A 10 man expansion team, playing it's third game. We scored on a horrible goal keeping blunder and a penalty. They outplayed us for a large part of the match.

While 3 points is great, and every team in the world will play beneath itself and sneak a result from time to time, this better be an exception and not the norm.

Honestly, I would feel better about this team right now if it was playing better football, but had less points.

daner90
05-05-2010, 09:54 AM
It was also cold, snowy and rainy at the same time. He was dressed for the weather in a thick jacket, tuque and a jacket to cover his legs.

Is that really something worth complaining about, really? First year MoJo was wearing fucking trackpants FFS.

RSL is just the most recent example, I think most games he has looked like a slob. Sitting slouched on the bench looking uninterested in the game.
Maybe roogsy should take him shopping and teach him how to pick out a suit and tie

Pachuco
05-05-2010, 10:04 AM
RSL is just the most recent example, I think most games he has looked like a slob. Sitting slouched on the bench looking uninterested in the game.
Maybe roogsy should take him shopping and teach him how to pick out a suit and tie

I'll agree that the way he looks in most games is a little unprofessional. However, I have to disagree with the notion that he sits on the bench doing nothing. I find he actually gets up quite a bit from the bench and coaches the players. Heck I think it was 2 games ago where he was told to get back into the coaches area because he was giving advice to (I think Nana) and he was practically on the field.

Beach_Red
05-05-2010, 10:07 AM

Since Ensco started calling him Coach Corleone I do expect him to dress the part.

Oldtimer
05-05-2010, 10:24 AM
We're judging a coach based on his fashion choices? I mean he desses tacky, but...

Shaughno
05-05-2010, 10:50 AM
We're judging a coach based on his fashion choices? I mean he desses tacky, but...

If he gets the job done, I don't care if he wears Laurent Roberts dirty briefs FFS...

Ok, maybe that's a little much but you get my point. :lol:

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 10:52 AM
Yeah...I am drawing the line at caring what he wears. Ron Wilson wears suits and ties but they are so mismatched I'd rather he wear sweats.

trane
05-05-2010, 10:53 AM
^ Amen, I hate that shit, people saying someone is well dressed just because they have a suite and tie on, some of that shit is so fucking off, like a security guard suite with a cheep car salesman tie.

Whoop
05-05-2010, 10:57 AM
Not all football coaches wear suits on the sidelines. Even some of the best wear track suits.

Some just wear ties with a team jacket. Others wear a suit and tie. I think it depends on the climate though.

But yeah, like Shags says, if the team is winning who cares what he wears.

Mo wore a suit and tie during season 1.
JC and CC wore tracksuits during seasons 2 & 3.

I guess we want Jose Mourinho. Best dressed man in football. LOL

Shaughno
05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
Not all football coaches wear suits on the sidelines. Even some of the best wear track suits.

Some just wear ties with a team jacket. Others wear a suit and tie. I think it depends on the climate though.

But yeah, like Shags says, if the team is winning who cares what he wears.

Mo wore a suit and tie during season 1.
JC and CC wore tracksuits during seasons 2 & 3.

I guess we want Jose Mourinho. Best dressed man in football. LOL

Mo also on more than one occasion also showed up wearing a TFC t-shirt and warm up pants. I think one was Chicago away or something LOL

Whoop
05-05-2010, 11:00 AM
I also think its more of an MLS thing. How many MLS coaches wear suits and ties?

Maybe there is something to say for "Wear for the job you want".

Whoop
05-05-2010, 11:01 AM
Everyone wants this guy...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2009/05/28/2009274515.jpg

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 11:02 AM
^ Amen, I hate that shit, people saying someone is well dressed just because they have a suite and tie on, some of that shit is so fucking off, like a security guard suite with a cheep car salesman tie.

They should take fashion cues from this guy. :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Roogs/Toronto%20FC/teamupinterview.jpg

pekduck
05-05-2010, 11:03 AM
^
is that the often rumored Canali suit

Whoop
05-05-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm thinking of getting a Canali suit for next year.

Shaughno
05-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Wait.. you mean the guy who's worn a t-shirt to a match?

http://www.everyjoe.com/thefootie/files/2008/12/iconphotostwo145102-mls-nov-23-mls.jpg

Or the guy who wears wrinkly ugly ass button up shirts?
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2009/11/08/2010230886.jpg

Or the guy who wears the team tracksuits the majority of the time?

Oh yeah... that same guy that won the MLS Cup and Shield in the same year...

But wait.. we want someone who wears a suit instead or we'll complain about it. :rofl:

Whoop
05-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Exactly.

* though I would prefer a coach to wear a suit and tie, I'm not going to complain about it.

Roogsy
05-05-2010, 11:10 AM
I'd prefer a coach who wins. If he does, I don't care if he is out there in diapers.

Shaughno
05-05-2010, 11:11 AM
I'd prefer a coach who wins. If he does, I don't care if he is out there in diapers.

Exactly, see my prior post. :lol:

If he gets the job done, I don't care if he wears Laurent Roberts dirty briefs FFS...

Ok, maybe that's a little much but you get my point. :lol:

Whoop
05-05-2010, 11:31 AM
Well, yeah, that's what I was getting at.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_IfnjfcL0nsE/S5Vq1PGHAhI/AAAAAAAAAIA/Gh-x5heddl0/s200/laurentrobertpants.jpg

That might be a bit too much. :lol:

trane
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
They should take fashion cues from this guy. :lol:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y178/Roogs/Toronto%20FC/teamupinterview.jpg

You seem ready to coach.

Pachuco
05-05-2010, 12:49 PM
To be fair, only one person complained in this thread about what he wears.

rocker
05-07-2010, 07:34 PM
it's just seems petty and "looking for something to complain about" when a guy criticizes the coach's clothes (particularly when the coach is wearing TFC branded items). If one doesn't like Preki, focus on the important things (like tactics or substitution issues or lineup choices) not what he wears to a game. As a former baseball fan, I'm actually used to the baseball manager situation, where they always dress up in the same outfits as the players... not suits and ties.

koryo
05-08-2010, 08:13 AM

Oh dear me. Yellow card :D

razor787
05-09-2010, 09:06 AM
this is off the current topic, but I dont see how people can really criticize preki too much. Look at our roster. We lost some of our best players, and replaced them mainly with players that are half as good. The game is being played much better by the new players we have, then it was when we have the great ones.

There are 2 games already this year, that as soon as the game has ended, people have gone on about the game being the best game tfc has ever played.

This early in the season, with a roster lacking talent, and already we have had 2 games that are claimed to be better then any game in any other season. I dont see how you can hate on that.