PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings: TFC 1:2 RSL

[NBF]
05-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Pure assinine first half:drinking:

I watched about the last 9 minutes of the first half and the rest of the second half and yes the substitutions helped but really what did you expect starting Nane Joseph & Sanyang, instead of DeRosario and DeGuzman?

Horrid game and this falls on Preki's tactics and man management. If he wanted to he could of started the team in the first half against the Montreal Impact and they would of came out with a 1-0 win. Not to mention O.B.W. and Barrett started, how come they didn't get to rest? Nana Attakora, Adrian Cann, LeBrocca, and Hscanovics dont need rest?

Player Ratings:

Frei - 6

Hscanovics- 6
Gargan- 6
Attakora- 7
Cann- 7
Usanov- 7

Sanyang- 5
Nane Joseph- 5
LeBrocca- 7
Saric- 6
DeGuzman- 7
DeRosario- 7

OBW- 6
Barrett- 6

Dropped points is unacceptable folks!

S_D
05-01-2010, 10:16 PM
with all those 6's and 7's you would think the team played well and won in a landslide.

DichioTFC
05-01-2010, 10:18 PM
;1006562']Not to mention O.B.W. and Barrett started, how come they didn't get to rest? Nana Attakora, Adrian Cann, LeBrocca, and Hscanovics dont need rest?

OBW was a second half sub. For someone who thinks so highly of their own opinion that they give out BS player rankings after every game, you would think your powers of observation would have caught that one.

LaBrocca has been rested recently. the defensive backfour are playing together to gain chemistry and work together. Cann and Nana clearly do not run as much as DeRo and JDG, hence they dont need as much rest.

tfc2007
05-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Instead of individual ratings, should just give 1 big tfc rating of 4.
No one played well. Even dero when he came on was sending passes all over the place.

How about we atleast pretend to want a win on the road. Worst opening startegy ever.

[NBF]
05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
OBW was a second half sub. For someone who thinks so highly of their own opinion that they give out BS player rankings after every game, you would think your powers of observation would have caught that one.

LaBrocca has been rested recently. the defensive backfour are playing together to gain chemistry and work together. Cann and Nana clearly do not run as much as DeRo and JDG, hence they dont need as much rest.

You seem to criticize everyone on the forum just fine, but you dont seem to have any criticism for the team on gameday. Seems like you're either blinded by the fact that you paid for membership or your just not that in tune with game tactics.

[NBF]
05-01-2010, 10:33 PM
I gave 7's to the subs because they made a difference, where everyone else just kinda blended into the 4-4-2 shit hole.

I should of pointed out that in the first half it seemed like nane and sanyang were not playing to tactics. They were pretty much all over the place.

Barrett and OBW definitely didnt do anything. They were shot down hard by Nat Borchers of all people.

Do we have a nickname for Beckerman? anyone?

CoachGT
05-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Attakora looked horrible on the second goal. Made a rookie mistake - diving in at a player and got beat. For the game he played tonight, I thought a 4 would be generous. Saric at a 6 is also way too high in my book. He'd be a 4.5-5 - wasn't noticable much during the first half, and tough tackles are going to kill him.

And as for coaching, tonight earned a 3.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-01-2010, 10:58 PM
It's never going to happen with Mo and Preki. TFC badly need a new and expanded technical staff.

sulfur
05-01-2010, 11:02 PM
;1006587']Barrett and OBW definitely didnt do anything. They were shot down hard by Nat Borchers of all people.
You missed Barrett's shot out of nothing from about 30 yards early in the first. Took everyone by surprise. Rimando got lucky in that it was right at him.

Do we have a nickname for Beckerman? anyone?
Dirty hippy is a common one.

grizzle
05-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Didn't Joseph have that nice header that almost went in?

MarkoftheDrink
05-02-2010, 12:28 AM
Might want to take the score out of the title in case someone has the game PVR'd.

I wish Preki's strategy worked out and a large portion of this loss is on him but the team still needs to be better. Barret's first touch was awful, couldn't hold the ball up at all. Midfield was a total shit show in the first half. Oh well at least the end of the second half was interesting. I expect better next game.

Lucky Strike
05-02-2010, 12:46 AM
Just finished watching the PVRed game as I was out on a date. It's a bit late now but check back around noon for my player ratings.

BASE
05-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Wow those ratings are quite high for a team that played as bad as TFC did last night. If not for some poor finishing or lack of luck on RSL's side + Stefan Frei, RSL could have easily ended up with 6 or 7 goals imo.

The ball was given away over and over again in the midfield, as RSL dominated possession throughout the game save a 5 minute spell.

poppamidnight
05-02-2010, 07:40 AM
;1006562']Pure assinine first half:drinking:

But to you it is, w/ those 6/7's....

That's a pass, no???

I wish i had a time-warp machine, where I could bring you back to be my teacher every single yr.... I'd be friggen top of the class!!!!!

It's like my French teacher.... 3 yrs of french an all I pretty much got out of it was "Je Deste parler francais"... acceptable enough to get 84%!

Completely acceptable to you!

sweetlemon69
05-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Why don't we leave the player ratings to the other guy who is actually decent at it.

Bombonera
05-02-2010, 09:38 AM
;1006562']Pure assinine first half:drinking:

I watched about the last 9 minutes of the first half and the rest of the second half and yes the substitutions helped but really what did you expect starting Nane Joseph & Sanyang, instead of DeRosario and DeGuzman?

Horrid game and this falls on Preki's tactics and man management. If he wanted to he could of started the team in the first half against the Montreal Impact and they would of came out with a 1-0 win. Not to mention O.B.W. and Barrett started, how come they didn't get to rest? Nana Attakora, Adrian Cann, LeBrocca, and Hscanovics dont need rest?

Player Ratings:

Frei - 6

Hscanovics- 6
Gargan- 6
Attakora- 7
Cann- 7
Usanov- 7

Sanyang- 5
Nane Joseph- 5
LeBrocca- 7
Saric- 6
DeGuzman- 7
DeRosario- 7

OBW- 6
Barrett- 6

I think this thread needs to be posted by someone who actually whatches all of the games, and/or certainly all of the game.

If you don't know who has been playing, or who started, then kindly please wait for someone else to let you know, and then go about your business

J .
05-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Frei - 4 - Worst game of the season for him. Lack of command in the box cost the first goal.

Hscanovics- 4 - Hard nosed player, but will he ever stop someone from crossing the ball in?

Attakora- 5- Under seige all night, Toronto's best player along with Cann. but lacks any ability to put some touch on the ball.

Cann- 5 - Similar to Attakora

Usanov- 4 - Not exactly missing Wynne, but wondering if we gave up Wynne for LaBrocca and signed Usanov, why the trade?

Gargan- 3- Cant pass the ball, lacks pace and creativity. Not a winger, works hard and doesn't quit.

Sanyang- 3 - Hard nosed, but no touch to maintain posession

LeBrocca- 2 - Is he getting worse? Was supposed to be the creative player on the night, but was absent again

Saric- 4 - Best starting midfielder on the night, which is not saying much in a midfield of similar players.

Nane - 3 - An athletic long term project, but can't pass, can't shoot.

Barrett - 5 - Works hard, but has suck moments if the play doesn't go his way. Needs a partner up top to make his work rate useful. His touch is improving and so is his confidence.

DeGuzman - 3 - Too little too late. Stepped into a situation with too high of expectations of a DP and needs players around him with a higher skill level to play his game, isn't making players around him better.

DeRosario - 5 - DeRo just being DeRo... Without him the offense is nil. Unlike JDG, he knows how to improve the team around him.

OBW- 4 - Needs work, next season is looking good.

Last night showed how badly we need creative depth in our lineup. Only JDG and DeRo have that skill and without them in the lineup our defense suffered wave after wave of attack. Dump and chase football did not work in the first half, but did give evidence to Attakora and Cann developing into a stronger pair on the backline. Far too often posession was given away cheaply and under pressue couldn't make a pass or move to hang onto control. The defensive lineup experiment failed. The upside was the team didn't roll over, they could have and they could have lost big to a gunned up RSL side.

Wooster_TFC
05-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Ah the joys of people that don't watch the game.

Against Montreal, Nana did not play and Labrocca came in for all of 30 minutes, so clearly they got their rest. I'm also betting the plan was to have DeRo and JDG play 55-65 minutes against Montreal, then get subbed out. That plan was screwed when Harden got hurt, and Garcia got KOed and they both needed to be subbed. Peterson also appeared to tweak his knee a little just before being subbed, so that one was probably partially a precautionary measure. DeRo and JDG both looked gassed at the end of the game, and I fully expected them to not play against RSL (or at the best, play a half).

Lucky Strike
05-02-2010, 12:19 PM
I didn’t really expect anything at all from this game and that we got a goal via a penalty actually surprised me. I’m not one of those “the world is coming to an end” person about our team, it’s just that we don’t have a good track record over there. On to the ratings (which I’m going from memory 12 hours later – so I may have forgotten a detail or two).

Frei (7): Two goals against but also a number of quality saves that kept it close.
Usanov (5.5): While he didn’t have a Garcia-esque screw-up, I didn’t feel he was particularly effective, especially leading up to the first RSL goal where he has pushed up and pressed in a little leaving a player on the left free to put in a good cross (more in the Attakora entry below). I can’t recall an instance where an attack in his area was halted by his work.
Attakora (6): Cleared quite a few balls but I felt he rushed his clearance that led to the first RSL goal. He didn’t have acres of space but neither was he in immediate danger. However, it’s difficult to complain about this because had he taken his time and been dispossessed of the ball for a goal, we’d also be on him about it. Also was turned inside out on the second goal but it wasn’t really a mistake, just a good move by the opponent and these things will happen. Booked.
Cann (6): He was fairly effective during the match, no real complaints as usual. I don’t recall too much else about his performance, which is a good sign.
Hscanovics (6): Had a decent game where by getting forward on occasion, he caused some danger for RSL. He can put in a good ball, but I wish he could do so a little more consistently. But so far, he’s been a good acquisition for TFC. Subbed.
Sanyang (5.5): His picture was on the side of a milk carton yesterday. Like the Yeti, he made an appearance or two but was otherwise invisible. Sure, he just came back from injury but his effectiveness was also limited by RSL seemingly wanting to play through the wings. Subbed.
LaBrocca (6.5): Took his game to a new level I thought. He was very good in possession and though couldn’t really make anything happen offensively, I thought he kept the ball much better than usual with some deft moves. Booked.
Gargan (6): He’s the new Chris Pozniak, really. Hard-working, versatile, not flashy but quietly effective. OK, that last one maybe didn’t apply too much yesterday but he wasn’t bad. An excellent pickup I should say. Subbed.
Saric (5): Still hardly see him during matches unless he’s in the process of destroying certain Swedish whiners. I’m getting concerned that the only impact on the match he can produce might be a leg break. There’s been discussion about whether Saric is a useful player or not. Some say he’s a goon, others believe it’s a necessary thing to physically put off the other team. I fall in the latter category, but he didn’t do that against RSL. And if he doesn’t do that, then he becomes a player with no use.
Nane (6): Impressed me today and accounted well for himself after a poor performance in New England. He had a great header in the first half – sent it back across goal and Rimando really had to reach for it. There was another moment where he stood out but can’t recall it right now. Subbed.
Barrett (6): In tough in the first half all alone up front. Had an impressive long-distance turning shot right on goal, but wasn’t able to create much.

Entries on substitutions won’t be in the format of “Player X, on for Player Y” simply because all three substitutions were made at half so it’s really just a guess. Off came Hscanovics, Gargan and Sanyang.

DeRosario (7): Obviously still the talisman of the team, created practically all our dangerous chances and got the goal from the spot. Not too shabby for a half.
DeGuzman (5.5): Unfortunately couldn’t put his stamp on the match like DeRo did. Booked.
White (6): A better performance than against Montreal and was unfortunate to not have his goal go in off the bar.

Preki (7): Sure, we lost and I’m sure some of us are lamenting the weakened squad but I thought it was very appropriate and the game plan was clear. It was always going to be hard getting anything at RSL so rest some of the better players (who also played midweek and last Sunday), bunker down, keep it close and hopefully strike in the second half with those better players coming off the bench to try and nick a result. From a defensive line-up to an offensive one when it became clear we had to get goals. So all in all, a 1-2 loss but the plan was sound and the team unfortunately just couldn’t execute.

Referee (5.5): Don’t actually recall too much but it was a fair performance however I do remember an instance or two where the call (or non-call) confused me a little. Most importantly, inexplicably blew the whistle for an injury when TFC was on the attack and nearing the goal. That was a bit vexing especially as it wasn’t a head injury where the play must be stopped regardless.

TFC MOTM: Frei. Though DeRosario got the goal, Frei was the one who kept it close for an opportunity to grind out a result.

Most impressed by opposition’s: Will Johnson. Lively, crisp passes and delivers good set pieces. Good stuff.

Least impressed by opposition’s: Alvaro Saborio. I remember him being highly hyped during the 2009 Gold Cup and when he came to RSL. Didn’t really do any besides “arming” the ball to the net. If you want to be like Henry, you have to use your hand. Come on! :D

Conclusion: It’s unfortunate we lost but I also expected nothing from the match. There was a clear definite plan in terms of strategy and rotation, things that we hadn’t really seen from any prior head coaches – just the players couldn’t quite pull it off. RSL had a lot of possession but that was to be expected given the game plan. But despite this, TFC had two great chances (Nane and White) that almost went in. On a different day, this match could have been very different.

grizzle
05-02-2010, 12:27 PM
I didn’t really expect anything at all from this game and that we got a goal via a penalty actually surprised me. I’m not one of those “the world is coming to an end” person about our team, it’s just that we don’t have a good track record over there. On to the ratings (which I’m going from memory 12 hours later – so I may have forgotten a detail or two).

Frei (7): Two goals against but also a number of quality saves that kept it close.
Usanov (5.5): While he didn’t have a Garcia-esque screw-up, I didn’t feel he was particularly effective, especially leading up to the first RSL goal where he has pushed up and pressed in a little leaving a player on the left free to put in a good cross (more in the Attakora entry below). I can’t recall an instance where an attack in his area was halted by his work.
Attakora (6): Cleared quite a few balls but I felt he rushed his clearance that led to the first RSL goal. He didn’t have acres of space but neither was he in immediate danger. However, it’s difficult to complain about this because had he taken his time and been dispossessed of the ball for a goal, we’d also be on him about it. Also was turned inside out on the second goal but it wasn’t really a mistake, just a good move by the opponent and these things will happen. Booked.
Cann (6): He was fairly effective during the match, no real complaints as usual. I don’t recall too much else about his performance, which is a good sign.
Hscanovics (6): Had a decent game where by getting forward on occasion, he caused some danger for RSL. He can put in a good ball, but I wish he could do so a little more consistently. But so far, he’s been a good acquisition for TFC. Subbed.
Sanyang (5.5): His picture was on the side of a milk carton yesterday. Like the Yeti, he made an appearance or two but was otherwise invisible. Sure, he just came back from injury but his effectiveness was also limited by RSL seemingly wanting to play through the wings. Subbed.
LaBrocca (6.5): Took his game to a new level I thought. He was very good in possession and though couldn’t really make anything happen offensively, I thought he kept the ball much better than usual with some deft moves. Booked.
Gargan (6): He’s the new Chris Pozniak, really. Hard-working, versatile, not flashy but quietly effective. OK, that last one maybe didn’t apply too much yesterday but he wasn’t bad. An excellent pickup I should say. Subbed.
Saric (5): Still hardly see him during matches unless he’s in the process of destroying certain Swedish whiners. I’m getting concerned that the only impact on the match he can produce might be a leg break. There’s been discussion about whether Saric is a useful player or not. Some say he’s a goon, others believe it’s a necessary thing to physically put off the other team. I fall in the latter category, but he didn’t do that against RSL. And if he doesn’t do that, then he becomes a player with no use.
Nane (6): Impressed me today and accounted well for himself after a poor performance in New England. He had a great header in the first half – sent it back across goal and Rimando really had to reach for it. There was another moment where he stood out but can’t recall it right now. Subbed.
Barrett (6): In tough in the first half all alone up front. Had an impressive long-distance turning shot right on goal, but wasn’t able to create much.

Entries on substitutions won’t be in the format of “Player X, on for Player Y” simply because all three substitutions were made at half so it’s really just a guess. Off came Hscanovics, Gargan and Sanyang.

DeRosario (7): Obviously still the talisman of the team, created practically all our dangerous chances and got the goal from the spot. Not too shabby for a half.
DeGuzman (5.5): Unfortunately couldn’t put his stamp on the match like DeRo did. Booked.
White (6): A better performance than against Montreal and was unfortunate to not have his goal go in off the bar.

Preki (7): Sure, we lost and I’m sure some of us are lamenting the weakened squad but I thought it was very appropriate and the game plan was clear. It was always going to be hard getting anything at RSL so rest some of the better players (who also played midweek and last Sunday), bunker down, keep it close and hopefully strike in the second half with those better players coming off the bench to try and nick a result. From a defensive line-up to an offensive one when it became clear we had to get goals. So all in all, a 1-2 loss but the plan was sound and the team unfortunately just couldn’t execute.

Referee (5.5): Don’t actually recall too much but it was a fair performance however I do remember an instance or two where the call (or non-call) confused me a little. Most importantly, inexplicably blew the whistle for an injury when TFC was on the attack and nearing the goal. That was a bit vexing especially as it wasn’t a head injury where the play must be stopped regardless.

TFC MOTM: Frei. Though DeRosario got the goal, Frei was the one who kept it close for an opportunity to grind out a result.

Most impressed by opposition’s: Will Johnson. Lively, crisp passes and delivers good set pieces. Good stuff.

Least impressed by opposition’s: Alvaro Saborio. I remember him being highly hyped during the 2009 Gold Cup and when he came to RSL. Didn’t really do any besides “arming” the ball to the net. If you want to be like Henry, you have to use your hand. Come on! :D

Conclusion: It’s unfortunate we lost but I also expected nothing from the match. There was a clear definite plan in terms of strategy and rotation, things that we hadn’t really seen from any prior head coaches – just the players couldn’t quite pull it off. RSL had a lot of possession but that was to be expected given the game plan. But despite this, TFC had two great chances (Nane and White) that almost went in. On a different day, this match could have been very different.

Much better!

InDa_110
05-02-2010, 12:39 PM
[
You gave Attakora and Cann a 7??? Wow! In my opinion they both suck just as bad if not worse than Garcia. All Attakora does is kick the ball out of bounds whenever he gets it, and he panics every time he gets the ball in the box, because of his lack of skill. Watch the replay on Gol tv this week, you'll notice that his legs actually start shaking everytime he gets the ball. Cann is exactly the same. Another two shitty defenders to wear a tfc uniform. It's so sad.

Player Ratings:

Frei - 6

Hscanovics- 6
Gargan- 6
Attakora- 7
Cann- 7
Usanov- 7

Sanyang- 5
Nane Joseph- 5
LeBrocca- 7
Saric- 6
DeGuzman- 7
DeRosario- 7

OBW- 6
Barrett- 6

Dropped points is unacceptable folks![/quote]

prizby
05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
(2 posts up)^is it really necessary the quote the whole ratings

cant people just say lucky strike nice ratings

J .
05-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Im surprised people are giving up 6's and 7's. We were totally dominated.

CretanBull
05-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Im surprised people are giving up 6's and 7's. We were totally dominated.

Agreed...no one had a good game, we were terrible.

Steve
05-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Frei a 7? Really? He was at fault for the first goal and could have done better on the second. When are people going to call Frei on things he doesn't do well? Oh, sorry, Frei is one of the heroes currently. I'll wait until he crosses the line to "goat".

J .
05-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Frei a 7? Really? He was at fault for the first goal and could have done better on the second. When are people going to call Frei on things he doesn't do well? Oh, sorry, Frei is one of the heroes currently. I'll wait until he crosses the line to "goat".

Frei is still a young keeper and does make great saves, but yeah, he should have been better on the goals though I doubt he'll be a goat any time soon, he's consistently one of our better players.

Steve
05-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Frei is still a young keeper and does make great saves, but yeah, he should have been better on the goals though I doubt he'll be a goat any time soon, he's consistently one of our better players.

I agree that he is doing well for his age, and he's usually quite good at reaction saves (the ones people notice). He still doesn't control his box like he should though, and that part of his game is starting to show. He needs to be strong and confident coming out for the ball when he can. Sadly, when he doesn't come out for a ball he should, people tend to say "oh, that one was impossible for him to save" since it was a cross and a tap in. I just want people to understand that being a keeper isn't just about stopping the reaction saves, and there are parts of his game that Frei needs a good amount of work on. And before anyone foams at the mouth, yes, he is good at shot stopping, and he very well could become an outstanding keeper.

Anyway, yeah, he may very well never become a goat around here (since, again, he is good at the more noticeable things), but who knows.

grizzle
05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
(2 posts up)^is it really necessary the quote the whole ratings

cant people just say lucky strike nice ratings

Necessary, no. Made things easier... yes.

soccerguy_778
05-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Honestly. I can't rate any of the players . It just looked like they were having a kick around at the local park. No one this year has impressed me Dero has scored 5 or 6 goals this year but the games against columbus, New England , and Colorado he was no where to be found every time TFC starts losing a game Dero becomes invisable. Which is hard to say because when he wants to play he is the best player out there. We need the guys to just step it up a little bit. Cause if they dont this is going to be one horrible season for us up in the stands.

As for the executives they have to go. Mo has totally destoryed the momentum we had last year a few of the players needed to go but not as many as they got rid off and Perki is not the playoff answer for the team.

felipe
05-02-2010, 03:06 PM
I was watching a different game than all of you - must have been.

Nana attakora was brutal - JDG was terrible

DeRo was very good - so was OBW and LaBrocca

Everyone else was ok

CoachGT
05-02-2010, 04:18 PM
I agree pretty much, Lucky Strike, but I disagree on two - Attakora - I thought this was his poorest form of any game that I've seen him in (hopefully he's not regressing) and Preki. While I can understand resting one of DeRo or JDG, taking both off the pitch handed the game to RSL as far as I'm concerned. IMO an experienced coach should know better than to "experiment" like this, but I'm leaning to this being a "lesson" for some obscure reason than a "resting", but a lesson that went awry.

Davenport
05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
The problem with ratings is that people give 6 for a mediocre performance, when it really should be for a good performance.
The average for last night's pathetic effort should be a 3.
Professional footballers should be able to trap, pass move and tackle. Most TFC players can't do any of those.
Other ratings....
Preki: 1, and Johnston 0, as usual....what a tosser.

trane
05-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Attakora looked horrible on the second goal. Made a rookie mistake - diving in at a player and got beat. For the game he played tonight, I thought a 4 would be generous. Saric at a 6 is also way too high in my book. He'd be a 4.5-5 - wasn't noticable much during the first half, and tough tackles are going to kill him.

And as for coaching, tonight earned a 3.

I am a big Attakora supporter, but he made a rookie mistake there, not doubt. He did not get beat though, he was there, but turned to start running before the attacking player started running, so the attacking player simply stoped took advanage of the space created by attakora and got a clean shot on net.

I do not understand resting both JDG and De Ro with a week until the next game. It makes not sense.