PDA

View Full Version : FC players being eyed all the time

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 08:21 AM
Can you believe that's a title from one of Morgan Campbell's reports? That's a little annoying. Anyways....

The cameras were used in Toronto's last game against Colorado and showed that no TFC player covered more ground than Kevin Harmse

Interesting that Harmse ran the most. However that just about shows that he was running like a chicken with it's head cut off :)

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/446492

Shaughno
06-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Aside from a few rash tackles, Harmse hasn't played that bad for us. He's strictly a DM and he plays it better than Edu does. He's no Robbo, but he knows his role and plays it.

GabrielHurl
06-20-2008, 08:28 AM
people still bleating about this FC thing? :noidea:

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 08:45 AM
people still bleating about this FC thing? :noidea:

It's annoying, and I was surprised to see it coming from Morgan who to me is usually on point. Not that big of a deal, a little annoying.

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Aside from a few rash tackles, Harmse hasn't played that bad for us. He's strictly a DM and he plays it better than Edu does. He's no Robbo, but he knows his role and plays it.

I don't think we've ever agreed on anything, and we certainly don't agree here :D

jabbronies
06-20-2008, 08:48 AM
seems that Cunningham hates it

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 08:51 AM
seems that Cunningham hates it

HAHA. Harmse runs 12KM in the game, Cunny is found with his hands on his hips watching the play for 72 mins of the game. :confused:

Shaughno
06-20-2008, 08:54 AM
I don't think we've ever agreed on anything, and we certainly don't agree here :D

That's fine, I'm not saying he's a star or pushing for a starting position. Just that he hasn't been terrible aside from a few mistakes, which everyone on the team has made their own mistakes. In fact, I'd venture to say that Brennan has made more mistakes than Harmse has, Harmse just gets carded for his mistakes. ;)

nimamalek
06-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Harmes may become the Dirt Kuyt of TFC :)

Roogsy
06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Harmse is not very good.

And he is definitely not a starter. Once he back on the bench, I will breath easier.

Roogsy
06-20-2008, 09:25 AM
And with regards to Morgan Campbell, you will notice that he uses TFC in the article.

If I understand it correctly, somebody on this board explained already that it is not the columnist that comes up with the article titles but the editor. So it is likely that in this case, it's an ignorant editor that showed his stupidity and not Morgan Campbell.

But it is still annoying.

Oldtimer
06-20-2008, 10:06 AM
And with regards to Morgan Campbell, you will notice that he uses TFC in the article.

If I understand it correctly, somebody on this board explained already that it is not the columnist that comes up with the article titles but the editor. So it is likely that in this case, it's an ignorant editor that showed his stupidity and not Morgan Campbell.

QFT
Same problem comes up with the 20/20 sports editor on the Fan590, despite having Nigel Reid on staff.

Broadview
06-20-2008, 12:25 PM

It is editors who usually slap on headlines, but I remember one of MC's past blogs he touched on the "FC" thing. He mentioned that it was a supporter-centric cause and he's even heard players such as Jimmy Brennan call the team simply "FC".

That convinced me to give up the cause of correcting everyone who just uses "FC". People were just rolling their eyes at me afterwards anyway. If the skip calls them that, who the hell am I to be indignant and patronizing to people.

Long live (T)FC!

I, however, will continue to use the Tee. At this point, I can't help it.

dantdot
06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
I read the headline but I'm not sure which football club he's referring to :noidea:

Pachuco
06-20-2008, 12:38 PM

ahhh that makes sense now. I did notice he used TFC everywhere, and I've never heard him on his blogs call the team "FC".

Daveisonfire
06-20-2008, 12:40 PM
I read the headline but I'm not sure which football club he's referring to :noidea:

FC United of Manchester I think???

Razcle
06-23-2008, 01:50 PM

Must be FC Dallas

http://www.footballcrests.com/images/crests/fc-dallas.jpg

TorCanSoc
06-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Will this argumen ever die. Is supid. Is just a missing T. Is he same hing wihou i.
:))

noochie
06-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Will this argumen ever die. Is supid. Is just a missing T. Is he same hing wihou i.

If you spell is out instead of the acronym IMNS.

Pachuco
06-23-2008, 11:20 PM

LOL LOL

J .
06-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Stupid Oronto Tar

Oldtimer
06-24-2008, 07:24 AM
The tar has some interesting articles, as does the BC website. Ortsnet has some good coverage. The Lobe is the best of all. The Ational Ost has only sparing coverage.

T_Mizz
06-24-2008, 07:31 AM
I think they can get away with it because they are the Toronto Star so I guess my math isn't as good as it used to be but the T's cancel out leaving you with an article by the star about the FC