PDA

View Full Version : Harden's Injury

JDG
04-29-2010, 12:10 PM
I've heard that it took 22 stitches to close the wound, and have read that he was cut clear to the bone.

From where I was standing, I couldn't see what took him down, and I'm wondering what happened.
What caused such a deep gash?

Whoop
04-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I think he got cleated on his shin on the first goal.

Apparently right down to the bone. He was probably in shock when he was on the ground at centre half.

jaxul
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
As far as I could tell it was the Montreal goalie's cleats as DeRo was scoring. The Montreal goalie just lunged with both boots foward at the same time as Harden.

JDG
04-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Thanks - that makes sense.

Red CB Toronto
04-29-2010, 12:50 PM
Well, he made it all the way down the field before falling to the ground around the Reds box.

DichioTFC
04-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I really hope Harden's okay and can be fit for soccer soon.

I know a cut doesn't sound like a big deal, but with the possibility of clotting and infection (a keeper's spikes are crazy disgusting) its best for Harden to take it easy in everyone's best interests

jaxul
04-29-2010, 12:58 PM
I thought I saw a bandage on his knee prior to this injury. Maybe he had something on that leg from before and he just aggravated it?

MUFC_Niagara
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I really hope Harden's okay and can be fit for soccer soon.

I know a cut doesn't sound like a big deal, but with the possibility of clotting and infection (a keeper's spikes are crazy disgusting) its best for Harden to take it easy in everyone's best interests

I was watching the game with my mate who is a nurse in the Canadian Forces. He was saying when they stitch anything up that is too the bone they have stitch it front the inside out so that there is no space for air or dirt in the skin below the surface. Harden will be on a steady diet of pain killers and anitbiotics for a while I would think.

drewski
04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
watching on tv the bandage he had on looked to be close to the knee (coulda been moved during the action) but the blood i saw looked to be lower down on his leg, but they didn't show a close up so it was hard to tell for sure

Auzzy
04-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Does someone know if the MTL keeper got a yellow for that? I read somewhere he did, but I'm not sure.

jaxul
04-29-2010, 01:34 PM
It seemed like the ref had his cards out but then I guess he changed his mind? I don't recall any booking after the goal.

Besides, I didn't think it was a bad challenge. 4 players ended up going for the ball and they all had equal rights to it.

drewski
04-29-2010, 01:38 PM
on TV they said it looked like he was going to book somebody but never did.

JonO
04-29-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the Montreal 'keeper was booked.

drewski
04-29-2010, 01:43 PM

typically, you believe wrong :p

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4213

Goals: TORO – DeRosario (12’); Barrett (61’)
Cautions: TORO – Cronin (23’); de Guzman (34’); Gargan (56’); Frei (80’).
MONT – Pizzolitto (24’); Braz (45’)

jaxul
04-29-2010, 01:46 PM
Nope, no yellow for the keeper.

http://i44.tinypic.com/5ulpoz.jpg

JonO
04-29-2010, 01:51 PM
typically, you believe wrong :p

http://www.canadasoccer.com/news/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=4213
Meh - one of us is actually working ;)

drewski
04-29-2010, 01:54 PM
Meh - one of us is actually working ;)

databases can only searched so fast :p

ManUtd4ever
04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
It's a shame about Harden. Now his timetable for regaining his previous form just got pushed back at least another few weeks. I think he could eventually become a capable defender for TFC...

crofty
04-29-2010, 03:04 PM
watching on tv the bandage he had on looked to be close to the knee (coulda been moved during the action) but the blood i saw looked to be lower down on his leg, but they didn't show a close up so it was hard to tell for sure

i am pretty sure the bandage on his leg after the incident was on the other leg than his knee bandage...but i could be wrong...

Gixmo
04-29-2010, 03:09 PM
The bandage was higher up

He got cleated. Seen it happen in my lifetime, right on the muscle and it opened up lik ea hook to the head.

sulfur
04-29-2010, 08:04 PM
On the replay, he did show the card to the GK.

Another fuckup I guess. :)

Brooker
04-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Well, he made it all the way down the field before falling to the ground around the Reds box.

That's what was confusing. It actually kinda scared me. Whenever sum1 is standing alone when the play is dead and all of a sudden they collapse, its usually is pretty bad.

twistedchinaman
04-29-2010, 11:52 PM
He looked really shellshocked -- I was on the phones at work when I saw it happen, but since the TVs were on mute I couldn't hear jack of what was happening. But hell, it looked insanely bad, the tractor just cliched it. :S

ilikemusic
04-30-2010, 12:06 AM
That's what was confusing. It actually kinda scared me. Whenever sum1 is standing alone when the play is dead and all of a sudden they collapse, its usually is pretty bad.

I thought the same thing. There seems to have been so many in recent years I was getting scared.

Keystone FC
04-30-2010, 04:18 AM
On the replay, he did show the card to the GK.

Another fuckup I guess. :)
I was listen on the radio feed and the announcer did say the keeper was shown a yellow card.

drewski
04-30-2010, 07:11 AM
then later in the game on tv they said they were wrong and that he didn't get a card

Gixmo
04-30-2010, 09:50 AM
then later in the game on tv they said they were wrong and that he didn't get a card

This man speaks the truth.

Wilbix
04-30-2010, 12:32 PM
I believe the confusion was because the ref DID have his little card wallet out. But he was marking down the goal, not booking anyone.

I was confused/worried he was calling a foul on one of our players, because he ran to the spot and pointed away from the goal. There was no way to tell if he was signalling a Toronto foul or pointing at midfield to signal a Toronto goal!!!

Kevvv
04-30-2010, 12:38 PM
Was watching the game on PVR - looks like it was fairly high on the shin, close to the knee. I'm guessing that would explain how the cleat hit bone and there wasn't a ton of blood. When he was sitting on the field you could see him holding the spot, like the proverbial finger in the dike.

cincy
04-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Was watching the game on PVR - looks like it was fairly high on the shin, close to the knee. I'm guessing that would explain how the cleat hit bone and there wasn't a ton of blood. When he was sitting on the field you could see him holding the spot, like the proverbial finger in the dike.

:hump: