PDA

View Full Version : Garcia hit video?

jm5k
04-29-2010, 11:44 AM
I missed the hit and they wouldn't toss it on the big screen last night so I (and most of the north end which are actually great seats btw, cup holders, more leg room, slightly wider chairs for my ass) was hoping someone PVRed or youtube'd it. I'm not a huge Garcia fan, but I will want to see what happened.

(Won $5 on Barrett scoring last night, man I'm psychic!)

thxall! <3

Kevvv
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
I don't have a clip, but he pushed the Mtl guy, who then gave him two shots to the head/chin.

Darlofletch
04-29-2010, 11:50 AM
post game thread has a link to sportsent highlights which show the punches and garcia's comical stagger and fall.

Steve
04-29-2010, 11:51 AM
only one I've found so far:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/36625012001/40223743001/Highlights-TFC-vs-MTL/

jm5k
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Interesting.. that vid makes it look like Garcia was swinging back.. Think he drew the foul?

rocker
04-29-2010, 11:57 AM
also on Youtube but the view isn't any closer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOfueD-Pe0I

Troll
04-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I was disgusted to hear people say, "Glad it's Garcia and not somebody else...", or "Hey, it's a win/win. Red card and no Garcia!"

I understand that Garcia's not a fan favorite, but we shouldn't cheer for injuries to our own players, no matter who it is.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I was disgusted to hear people say, "Glad it's Garcia and not somebody else...", or "Hey, it's a win/win. Red card and no Garcia!"

I understand that Garcia's not a fan favorite, but we shouldn't cheer for injuries to our own players, no matter who it is.

Agreed.

stugautz
04-29-2010, 12:05 PM

I don't think he was injured. Just punched really hard in the face.

prizby
04-29-2010, 12:27 PM
im was shocked that the game in six minutes didn't have it

Redcoe15
04-29-2010, 12:36 PM

Of course no one wants to see anyone on our team get hurt, no matter how much we dislike the person. If he was seriously injured that would be one thing. But he's fine, and will be back to fuck thing up for this team in no time.

I personally looked at the situation and, after all was said and done, came to the conclusion that Garcia made himself useful for the first time this year.

Wooster_TFC
04-29-2010, 12:39 PM
I don't think he was injured. Just punched really hard in the face.

Dude got knocked out according to the trainer. That can cause serious head problems.

Anyone on our team goes down and we shouldn't be celebrating.

Troll
04-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Of course no one wants to see anyone on our team get hurt, no matter how much we dislike the person. If he was seriously injured that would be one thing. But he's fine, and will be back to fuck thing up for this team in no time.

I personally looked at the situation and, after all was said and done, came to the conclusion that Garcia made himself useful for the first time this year.

He was pretty much laid out on the pitch for a significant amount of time. Nobody in the stands could tell how severe the injury was and I was still hearing that shit in the stands.

Toronto loves to pile on players and use them as their whipping boys, but let's be honest. Up till he got KO'd, Garcia was playing well.

Don Julio
04-29-2010, 12:51 PM
There's a difference between cheering against him and making a joke about him. It's not like he can hear us. I guess you were personally disappointed in losing him for the game and being stuck with Nana?

gtaguy
04-29-2010, 12:51 PM
The shot to Garcia's Noggin was the highlight of the night..

I don't care what anyone says I loved every second of it.

Now before you guys all go off on a tirade my reason for this was alittle payback for all the fuck ups hes had since he's joined this club and Also becuase that showed me that Mo's bitch was doing his job on the field.

http://www.guzer.com/pictures/boxing-punch.jpg

Troll
04-29-2010, 01:05 PM
There's a difference between cheering against him and making a joke about him. It's not like he can hear us. I guess you were personally disappointed in losing him for the game and being stuck with Nana?

Nana played? Were you too busy watching the Habs play?

CretanBull
04-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Dude got knocked out according to the trainer. That can cause serious head problems.

Anyone on our team goes down and we shouldn't be celebrating.

It happened right in front of me, I guarantee he was knocked out. When he went down he didn't move at all, he was totally prone.

nascarguy
04-29-2010, 01:17 PM
I do not give a shit about garcia what the hell was he doing on the field to start with?

cuecas_red
04-29-2010, 01:24 PM
He was pretty much laid out on the pitch for a significant amount of time. Nobody in the stands could tell how severe the injury was and I was still hearing that shit in the stands.

Toronto loves to pile on players and use them as their whipping boys, but let's be honest. Up till he got KO'd, Garcia was playing well.

He missed a few easy passes to right to him prior to being KO'd. Not to say some others on the team had some bad passes or missed what look to be easy balls to win

KdotOdot
04-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Hearing someone make a comment and cheering are a bit different.

That being said, It really as a win/win situation :D

Hitcho
04-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Here's the real difference: imagine what we'd all be saying about the Montreal guy (Brown) if he'd punched out De Ro or Frei. These boards would be on fire with raging maniacs calling for him to be banned for life and beheaded. But as it is, not much more than a slight grumbling in this thread, if that. Because he Garcia instead of another TFC player.

Well for the record, that guy should get a 10 game ban and a fucking big fine. Wanker. No place for that in football.

mazinn
04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Even though i hate the way Garcia plays, what happened to him is something he does`nt really deserve, i hope he gets well , and hopefully that asshole Brown gets banned beyond the red card rules

Belfast_Boy
04-29-2010, 03:24 PM
I do not give a shit about garcia what the hell was he doing on the field to start with?

agreed!

didn't like to see him dressed.

if you were in 120 I know who said it..........:D

Suds
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Here's the real difference: imagine what we'd all be saying about the Montreal guy (Brown) if he'd punched out De Ro or Frei. These boards would be on fire with raging maniacs calling for him to be banned for life and beheaded. But as it is, not much more than a slight grumbling in this thread, if that. Because he Garcia instead of another TFC player.

Well for the record, that guy should get a 10 game ban and a fucking big fine. Wanker. No place for that in football.

Agreed. People would have been calling for someone's head if it were a fan favourite. Garcia was playing OK up until that point and the fact is he is on the team if we like it or not.

Question: Out of curiosity, who does review the plays like this? Is it the CSA? What actions, if any, are enforceable on the players/teams in this tournament?

Gixmo
04-29-2010, 03:49 PM
I believe the deal is supplemental discipline as the ref did card the player.

He can only be fined/suspended now I believe, but I may be wrong

cochrdoc
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I heard Garcia is going to retire and join MMA.Boys I don`t think Brown hit him that hard,just a good couple knocks to the chops.WE should get Don Cherry`s view.I think Garcia is a pussy

Batman
04-29-2010, 04:05 PM
I wouldnt get too bent out of shape about people cheering about Garcia getting it in the dial.

I was, kind of cheering while watching it on tv. But only in a fun way, and I clearly didn't think Garcia was injured.

BTW, when viewing the replay it sure didn't look like much of a hit. I'm kind of surprised that it apparently knocked him out.

denime
04-29-2010, 04:11 PM

+1

it is a win/win

DichioTFC
04-29-2010, 04:32 PM
for all you guys getting bent out of shape about being cheering on the punches, there were a couple jabs to the chin, garcia took a couple steps (lost the guy he was defended) and then ducked and rolled out of the way.

i dont wanna see anyone injured but c'mon now, that was COMICAL!! even the sportscasters are making fun of Glass Joe Garcia.

in fact... i'm on my way to 'honour' Nick Garcia right now
:D

Pyeddo
04-29-2010, 07:24 PM
I was in 132, Row 2 with a buddy... Garcia wasn't hit that hard he just dropped and laid there for dramatic effect.

Bombonera
04-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Montreal was making him look bad. He did get hit, but I think dropping like a leaf gave him an elegant way out of what could have been a really ugly situation. I mean, he facilitates yet another goal..against montreal...We would have demanded satisfaction.

Chevy
04-29-2010, 08:05 PM
Montreal was making him look bad. He did get hit, but I think dropping like a leaf gave him an elegant way out of what could have been a really ugly situation. I mean, he facilitates yet another goal..against montreal...We would have demanded execution.

Fixed it for you.

ilikemusic
04-29-2010, 08:06 PM

Thats why its so great it was Nick Garcia! :D

I suspect Brown should be suspended for at least 2 or 3 games, if not the whole competition. But I have no clue if the people running this tournament have the desire or the teeth for supplemental discipline. Its still very young in it's life. There really isnt any precedent.

All I could see from 119 was a TFC player fall down in the box and look like he was dead.

Why couldnt the BMO big screen give us a look at the play? Its so frustrating that they wont even give us a single wide angle replay.

DreFuss
04-29-2010, 08:33 PM
I'll admit that I said, well atleast it's Garcia. I was sitting in 117 (thanks again) and I had no idea that it was due to a knock in the face. I didn't even know until after the game!

I'm absolutely sure that if they had shown the highlight on the big screen it would have been a way different atmosphere.

Stryker
04-29-2010, 09:18 PM
That was tragic the way poor Garcia was assaulted by that Montreal thug.

*shifty eyes*

PASQUALE
04-29-2010, 10:04 PM

COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE.:canada:

nimamalek
04-29-2010, 10:13 PM

disagree

Red CB Toronto
04-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Nick was fuckin rocked for sure, I was outside Gate 4 post-game and he was still somewhat out of it, for sure not his normal self.

No one deserves what he got regardless of what you think of their play.

druid
04-29-2010, 10:31 PM
Nick was fuckin rocked for sure, I was outside Gate 4 post-game and he was still somewhat out of it, for sure not his normal self.

No one deserves what he got regardless of what you think of their play.

No one deserves it to be hit like that. And, for his health, I sincerely hope he doesn't have a concussion or any long term effects. But if he does have a concussion and is out for a while... I'm not going to lie and say I'm disappointed or as broken up as I was when Dichio was out concussed. I might even joke about it. Should it turn out that he won't be able to fulfill the rest his contract and we free up a salary for a new centre back, I will feel bad for him, hope he gets a new job, and then celebrate. Not necessarily in that order.

Keystone FC
04-30-2010, 04:42 AM
From another post someone mentioned they watched Garcia for most of the game and noted that he was always tugging and pulling at the Mon jerseys when the ref wasn't looking.
Being a backliner one of the other duties of defending is to get into the head of the other teams forwards...which Garcia obviously did.
In other words Garcia got Brown so worked up that Brown just let him have it and thus 'took out' a Montreal player in the process.
Garcia played Brown like Rocky did with Mr. T.
For this I RESPECT Garcia for taking it on the chin for TFC.

Mikey
04-30-2010, 06:07 AM
Garcia is a clown. He leads the team in goal assists this season, unfortunatley all but one are for the opposing team.

I wont be sending him flowers anytime soon. Getting punched in the chin saved his ass from getting booed by TFC fans when he surely would have fucked up again and given Montreal the lead.

Why is he still here?

superstar1976
05-01-2010, 11:23 PM
While I don't want to see him hurt, he was the worst player on the pitch and I cannot understand how he has the contract that he does.

I was happy he was out of the game, just not thrilled with how it happened.