PDA

View Full Version : Post-NCC-Match: The April 28th Limpact beatdown...

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:03 PM
So, at the end of the hockey match... er footie game down at BMO, a ton of cautions came out, Garcia got punched in the face (much to Batman's amusement), Roberto Brown took a straight red, Barrett scored a beauty, DeRo scored #6 (although it was taken away, given to Harden, and then returned to DeRo), and Ty Harden got his leg slashed open and had to go to the hospital, leading to 9 minutes of added time in the first half.

What's that all add up to? A 2-0 win and the first 3 points claimed in the 2010 NCC for TFC!

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Its not over yet. lol

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
Its not over yet. lol
It is now. That was the longest 3 minutes of added time ever! :)

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
2-0. Better than a kick in the nads.

Krasno.pL.
04-28-2010, 09:08 PM
We'll Take The Points! Good Game Overall from What I Heard on the Radio :)

Jose Mourinho
04-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Mo is safe... for now.

TFCUNITED
04-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Happy to take the 3 points.

Gixmo
04-28-2010, 09:09 PM
C'est bon for me

It wasn't pretty, but it's 3 pts.

OBW disappointed me substantially this match. However, I am going to focus on the positive and that is the fact that the ball distribution is 100% better then before. Players need to start making runs and pushing forward and having an eye for goal. Fitness seemed to be an issue, lots of slow play near the end - Almost beer league. Good basis to build upon though. Would like to see Peterson and Labrocca go for glory.

I see ALMO with a big red flag, Quality! I also see Yeoman beating someone in the stands (drum) Boris also appears to be happy. Life is good

drek
04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
red card + nick garcia out... WHAMMY

Detroit_TFC
Sounded like not too bad from our guys. Maybe Preki's icky medicine is starting to do its work.

JuliquE
TFC's been playing a grimey-game, of late.. with sprinkles of brilliant possesion play. Alliteration aside, it was a gritty showing from both teams.. but the better team won, on the night.

2-0 Reds.. er, greys (please stop this, now)

TFC USA
Good news: We won!

Bad news: Mo is here to stay for sure unless we lost the next few games 1509-0.

Dub Narcotic
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
Easy game after the red card and Barrett goal. Once again, TFC was lucky that Montreal didn't finish the Byers chance, else it would have been a different game.

This TFC team definitely has the most depth of any squad they've had, and the best coach. They need a new striker and probably a winger or two, but they may just scrape in to the playoffs.

ArmenJBX
04-28-2010, 09:12 PM
The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Overall Team Rating: 7.5
Man of the Match: Dwayne De Rosario
Surprise player of the game: Jacob Peterson

The Good
-We beat Montreal! :D Tic Tac Tabernac, who the fuck's the limpact!:scarf:
-De Rosario scores his 6th of the year!
-Chad Barrett scores a beauty!

The Bad
-A ton of yellow cards. Poor reffing.
-Very, very scrappy first half. Made for a boring watch.
-Is this a bad? Nick Garcia got punched in the face...

The Ugly
-Ty Harden's injury and early leave. Laceration on the knee sounds ugly.
-Roberto Brown just taking his time...Red card=LEAVE!
-Adam Braz stripping DeRo of the ball...stung just a little. Good thing DeRo scored!

Sidenotes
-Chad Barrett scored his first goal of the season.
-Toronto has worn Red, White, and Grey for each game. At Home, we are the REDS!!
-Gabe Gala looks very promising. Jacob Peterson is impressive too. Good effort from everyone!

ParadymeTFC
04-28-2010, 09:12 PM
It wasn't pretty but a wins a win.

Canary Canuck
04-28-2010, 09:13 PM
Last 15 minutes were PAINFUL

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Down to the bone no less. Hopefully he's back on his feet soon.

-Adam Braz stripping DeRo of the ball...stung just a little. Good thing DeRo scored!
Not just once either. Three times that I heard!

Batman
04-28-2010, 09:15 PM
The Good, Bad, and Ugly

Overall Team Rating: 7.5
Man of the Match: Dwayne De Rosario
Surprise player of the game: Jacob Peterson

The Good
-We beat Montreal! :D Tic Tac Tabernac, who the fuck's the limpact!:scarf:
-De Rosario scores his 6th of the year!
-Chad Barrett scores a beauty!
-Nick Garcia got punched in the face!!!!!

The Bad
-A ton of yellow cards. Poor reffing.
-Very, very scrappy first half. Made for a boring watch.

The Ugly
-Roberto Brown just taking his time...Red card=LEAVE!

Fixed. :D

[NBF]
04-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok , I missed the game tonight and now I wish I hadn't....balls!

Ok, so from what I heard or read, Garcia was punched in the face by Roberto Brown? How did this happen, what lead to it, details pls:)

....And Harden got his leg slashed? Can I ask how that happened?

What was the lineup?

Redcoe15
04-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Not a pretty game overall, but I'll gladly take the three points. Gotta like how Barrett controlled the ball and was able to finish it for his first goal of the year. We give him crap for his lack of finish, but he deserves props for that. Let's hope TFC can build on that for the rest of the NCC because Vancouver's gonna be motivated for this tournament.

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
;1002646']Ok, so from what I heard or read, Garcia was punched in the face by Roberto Brown? How did this happen, what lead to it, details pls:)
Quick summary... Garcia was trying to take off Brown's shirt, distracted by the hot pink lipstick. Brown took offense when he discovered that Garcia thought that he was a women (or cross-dresser) and punched him twice in the face.

....And Harden got his leg slashed? Can I ask how that happened?
On the goal (a corner by Cronin), Harden and DeRo went for the ball, and the Montreal GK (Jordan) came out, clipped DeRo, and creamed Harden. Oh, and the ball went into the back of the net.

What was the lineup?
Frei, Gargan, Garcia (OBW), Cann, Harden (Histrionics), Cronin, de Guzman, Peterson (LaBrocca), Gala, De Rosario, Barrett

Gixmo
04-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Harden Injury - Hard to see happen, but looks like a boot

Garcia - Told Brown he shagged his wife, Brown gave him a left right, Garcia needed a 10 count..

Redcoe15
04-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Hmmmmm...

Redcoe15
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Quick summary... Garcia was trying to take off Brown's shirt, distracted by the hot pink lipstick. Brown took offense when he discovered that Garcia thought that he was a women (or cross-dresser) and punched him twice in the face.
HA! Beauty! :D

Waggy
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I know I'm late to this party, and I know it's probably already been said. But I don't care. Rogers can lick the NASTIEST part of my ass. ALL the CCC games are Sportsnet East/West only? Bit me you fucking cunts. You REALLY think thats an incentive for me to get digi cable? REALLY? If I don't have it by now it's PROBABLY not because I'm unaware such a service exists, but due to financial or practical reasons. I can't describe my level of hatred for Rogers right now. When I do get Digi cable, I don't care if I have to pay extra, I'm not taking the Sportsnet channels just on fucking principle. Those mother fucking cunts. Assholes. Die. Seriously. In fact, in the words of Tupac; All you mother fuckers, fuck you too! Die slow mother fucker, my 44 make sure ALL yo kids don't grow! ok, maybe I exaggerated. Point being: FUCK YOU ROGERS. FUCK YOU SPORTSNET

And props to TFC for a good win, and Barret for finding the back of the net

[NBF]

:deadhorse: Hahahahahahahahaha. I hope there's highlights:lmao:

JuliquE
Frei, Gargan, Garcia (OBW), Cann, Harden (Histrionics), Cronin, de Guzman, Peterson (LaBrocca), Gala, De Rosario, Barrett
Don't be a urethra; use his real name. =P The game of football is world-wide, homay.. and this type of thing only fuels all the stereotypes about the culture of football in North America.

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:23 PM
BTW - pls spell it LimpAct. Makes more sense.

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Don't be a urethra; use his real name. =P The game of football is world-wide, homay.. and this type of thing only fuels all the stereotypes about the culture of football in North America.
I tried typing his name three times. I still can't get it right.

Give me another couple of weeks of getting used to it.

JuliquE
04-28-2010, 09:26 PM

You silly bitch. I thought your second sentence was going to state that your keyboard died in the process.

EdiT: notice I didn't bother attempting his name, myself.. but I'll, at least, look it up each time I need to refer to the man. xD

[NBF]
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Histrionics: It took me a while also, since he got here I called him "Rai", but now i remember his name by spacing it out like this: Hs- canovics

HSCANOVICS<----Im a big kid now:)

deltox
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Gargon and cann played great

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
You silly bitch. I thought your second sentence was going to state that your keyboard died in the process. xD
Only if I was using a Dvorak... although, that may've helped the spelling.

I know that it starts with Hs, is quickly followed by what appear to be random vowels and consonants with weird accents, and ends in "vics". :)

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
I've been saying Honda Civic wrong the whole time?!

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
;1002663']HSCANOVICS<----Im a big kid now:)
Man, at least get the accents in there!

Hščanovičs

devioustrevor
04-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Man, at least get the accents in there!

Hščanovičs

What, what, what?

You sir, are the devil.

Dub Narcotic
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM

Relax.

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I had to cut and paste that. I have no idea where those accents exist on my keyboard.

I didn't even know they existed before now.

JuliquE
04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Relax.
k :rolleyes:

alantang999
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Heard the game on the radio...kinda depressing that I couldn't watch the game...any video highlights or pics at least?

Gixmo
04-28-2010, 09:35 PM
Gargan was 50/50 for me.. Lots of poor weight in his passes.. I dunno

It's nice to get 3 pts but I'm not going to go shag my wife over the performance. It was good, but not great - It's getting better.. Almost to 3rd base really. The boys need to have an eye for goal, tis all!

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Game in 6 minutes should be up within a few hours I'd guess...

dantdot
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Heard the game on the radio...kinda depressing that I couldn't watch the game...any video highlights or pics at least?

The goals are on TFC TV. Game in 6 probably soon.

JuliquE
04-28-2010, 09:37 PM
I had to cut and paste that. I have no idea where those accents exist on my keyboard.

I didn't even know they existed before now.
I was well proud of you, for a moment. hahha

I usually resort to using the character map (start>>programs>>accessories>>system tools), but I don't think it's all that important.. just givin' you crap -- heck, they didn't even bother to include accents on his jersey; he must have still been wondering which cubby was his, in the dressing room, even with the jerseys hung up.

Nodoubtguy
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
Chad!!! Where have you been hiding that??

ecospice
04-28-2010, 09:39 PM

Just call him Scano.

ManUtd4ever
04-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Well, it wasn't the greatest game to watch tonight in terms of quality but it was still worth the trip to BMO Field. DeRo, Barrett, Gargan, and Cann were standouts in an otherwise sloppy match that had very little flow to it because of the numerous fouls committed by both clubs. The good news is that TFC won the match fairly comfortably despite not playing that well and Garcia got punched in the face, lol. I actually felt bad for Garcia but at least this time he did something positive by drawing the red card. Montreal had a few too many chances for my liking playing with 10 men but I'll gladly take the 3 points. TFC will have to play better as the tournament progresses if they are to repeat as NCC Champions...

Oh, and on another note, the Habs beat Washington?!!!!!!!!!

Gixmo
04-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Ok, last time I say it - OBW disappointed me. Why has no one else called him out. It was not pleasurable at all. Poor weight in his passes, no vision - Stagnant on feet. He can do better but he needs to be smarted.

Chad Barrett - Monster tonight, all over but typical Chad 'Blue Balls' Barrett. Nice strike for his goal but always coming up short (Diving header would have been exceptional though if he was a fraction earlier)

Peterson - Yay!
LaBrocca - Yay, Sorta
Frei - Should have brought a book, Maybe he read the match day programme
Sam Cronin - Needs more time on the pitch, looks rusted
Dero - Ball busting performance again
The back line - Played well, lots of ball movement - Garcia exposed as usual however drew a red card, took one for the team, Hščanovič is really starting to draw on me - he is rounding out nicely, great eye for the dead man's run too - Always fresh. Cann, Quality! Good partner to Hščanovičs too. Gargan a bit shaky, but match time is needed to round him out.
Harden - Unfortunate, The look on the boys face (For those watching on TV) says it all. I hope he recovers well but that looked n-a-s-t-y
All in all, 7/10 but need more strikes ON net. OBW needs to spend a week on the treadmill. Stop smiling Mofo, hit the net :)

Peace out folks, I'll waste more time at work tomorrow reading threads!

devioustrevor
04-28-2010, 09:43 PM

I didn't see the game and haven't seen highlights but it sounded like Barrett did what he normally does, he just actually scored tonight.

I've been saying for awhile now. Barrett does everything right except score goals.

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Fuck the Impact.

As I've said previously:

Montreal brings out the best in Barrett!

Pachuco
04-28-2010, 09:47 PM
I know I'm late to this party, and I know it's probably already been said. But I don't care. Rogers can lick the NASTIEST part of my ass. ALL the CCC games are Sportsnet East/West only? Bit me you fucking cunts. You REALLY think thats an incentive for me to get digi cable? REALLY? If I don't have it by now it's PROBABLY not because I'm unaware such a service exists, but due to financial or practical reasons. I can't describe my level of hatred for Rogers right now. When I do get Digi cable, I don't care if I have to pay extra, I'm not taking the Sportsnet channels just on fucking principle. Those mother fucking cunts. Assholes. Die. Seriously. In fact, in the words of Tupac; All you mother fuckers, fuck you too! Die slow mother fucker, my 44 make sure ALL yo kids don't grow! ok, maybe I exaggerated. Point being: FUCK YOU ROGERS. FUCK YOU SPORTSNET

And props to TFC for a good win, and Barret for finding the back of the net

Atleast the game was in HD? :)

deltox
04-28-2010, 09:48 PM
Help us O.B White kenobi...... You're our only hope!

FluSH
04-28-2010, 09:49 PM
Gargan was 50/50 for me.. Lots of poor weight in his passes.. I dunno

It's nice to get 3 pts but I'm not going to go shag my wife over the performance. It was good, but not great - It's getting better.. Almost to 3rd base really. The boys need to have an eye for goal, tis all!

I was ready to throw Gargan out the window... he redeemed himself in the end with 1 great tackle, but besides that... any member from Deportivo Durham could have done better...:D

Bombonera
04-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Nice to get the points, but we played one man up for like 60 minutes... During that time they outchanced us...

We whsowed up to play, but after Harden went down (I chatted up a paramed at the half and he said it was really ugly...), we stopped playing... I mean, it almost seemed like the boys were practicing their passing game...

BTW - Does anybody have any idea why DeRo didn't get a rest early in the 2nd... Pretty risky stuff.

FluSH
04-28-2010, 09:51 PM

LOL

+1

He did great tonight...

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 09:51 PM
Montreal Thug, Montreal Thug,
You have as much bite
as a little pug.

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:52 PM
BTW - Does anybody have any idea why DeRo didn't get a rest early in the 2nd... Pretty risky stuff.
Peterson's not 100% match ready yet. Can't handle a full 90.

And with the two injuries early in the first half... better to risk DeRo getting a bit tired than lose Peterson for the season.

FluSH
04-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Nice to get the points, but we played one man up for like 60 minutes... During that time they outchanced us...

We whsowed up to play, but after Harden went down (I chatted up a paramed at the half and he said it was really ugly...), we stopped playing... I mean, it almost seemed like the boys were practicing their passing game...

I saw Preki approach DeRo at the 2nd half... they had a small chit chat and I am sure it was regarding whether he wanted to continue or not... The extra goals could have been insurance if it came down to the wire...

Waggy
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Atleast the game was in HD? :)

Well, at least I can enjoy the highlights in good quality haha. Seriously though, how is the Canadian national soccer tournament only available for people in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Quebec? Where's the CSA in all this? If any TFC games are on CBC, wouldn't it be the CCC? It's not even the beers, I'm just super pissed off right now. I assume Vancouverites (Vancouverines? What do you call someone from Vancouver?) are just as pissed. Granted I already hated sportsnet as a basketball fan, now I can hate them as a soccer fan too. So I guess that's a plus. Someone at least needs to teach those Albertans how to stream a freaking game. Albertan RPBs, I know you're out there, get on this!!

Edit: Game in 6 is already up. Damn they're quick when the Reds win

Manpon
04-28-2010, 09:55 PM
can you hear the impact sing?

Bombonera
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
I saw Preki approach DeRo at the 2nd half... they had a small chit chat and I am sure it was regarding whether he wanted to continue or not... The extra goals could have been insurance if it came down to the wire...
yeah I saw that too, but also saw him come up limping there around the 70th minute...

I think the boys need as mcuh time as possible on the field together, but I thoiught that was a bit dangerous...

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
According to Luke Wileman, Harden just returned to BMO field. 22 stitches later. Preki reported that he may be out for a while.

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Player ratings are now up:

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?t=22211

sulfur
04-28-2010, 10:00 PM
You should really use the "www.redpatchboys.ca" name there rather than the IP.

The IP might change. The name will not.

2freedom
04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
does anyone have a video link to the garcia incident??

Wagner
04-28-2010, 10:06 PM

Sportsnet connected just showed it.

FluSH
04-28-2010, 10:07 PM

LOL I just hope noone turns it into an animated avartar...

sulfur
04-28-2010, 10:08 PM
LOL I just hope noone turns it into an animated avartar...
Dude, you missed that joke by at least 2 hours. :)

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 10:10 PM

Fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22211

TorCanSoc
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM

Barrett everyone's got the hate on for him. I'm glad he scored, I really am. Having said that he needs to do much much more.

Even when he scores I can criticize...well because its the internets... but four touches inside 10 yards? That kind of play is how he misses his other 99 attempts in 100.

ilikemusic
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Does anyone have links to clips of the cards and or fouls?

Seriously, why the fuck doesnt TFC's game in six minutes have any of the cards? Are they not relevant moments in a match? WTF?

I really want to know what Montreal's first red was for. I couldnt see it from 119 and in their infinite wisdom BMO staff decided it wasnt something they needed to re play on the big screen. Its really fucking annoying when you go to a game and they purposefully keep the crowd in the dark on calls.

All I saw was whoever it was for TFC fall down and he looked like he was dead.

ginkster88
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Barrett everyone's got the hate on for him. I'm glad he scored, I really am. Having said that he needs to do much much more.

Even when he scores I can criticize...well because its the internets... but four touches inside 10 yards? That kind of play is how he misses his other 99 attempts in 100.

No kidding. I was on my feet screaming "SHOOT IT!!!! SHOOT THE BALL!!!!!! SHOOO-- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! But seriously WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT????"

dantdot
Someone please post the torrent if one goes up, I need to see all the crazy hijinks.

sulfur
I really want to know what Montreal's first red was for.
Roberto Brown punched Garcia twice in the jaw.

Fushida

I agree. I'm so happy he scored... because of how hard he works you can't help but root for the guy... But Limpact defense was HORRIBLE... because the first guy pretty much got beat by a change in direction and never bothered to keep up. The second guy got completely dummied by a weak body fake... A competent defense should be able to close him down in the 3-4 seconds during those touches and probably wouldn't have let him get that shot off.

Fushida
04-28-2010, 10:35 PM
Roberto Brown punched Garcia twice in the jaw.

He looked out cold, face down for about 10-20 seconds... didn't see anything from the south end but assuming he's not hurt seriously... that was hilarious.

KezmanCCCC
04-28-2010, 10:37 PM
Tic Tac - Tabernac - Who the fuck are the LimpAct???

hahahaha... by far one of the best TFC games ive been to... but then again ive only been to like 10 in the past 4 seasons...

rocker
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Montreal looked like shit... but honestly they never looked like world beaters at BMO before, but lucked out a goal for a tie in 2008 and should have lost by more at BMO in 2009. This time they finally got exactly what they deserved.

Whoop
04-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I love night games.

Energy was low in the first half and the injuries kind of took the wind out of the sails even though TFC was up 1-0.

Second half was much better especially after the Barrett the atmosphere was awesome.

I didn't see much of the game but I did see th Barrett goal. But the highlight of the night for me was when the players came over to the south end at the end of the game and did something like this....

@ 0:13

xUustFMN7Ec

A win is a win.... :D

grizzle
04-28-2010, 10:56 PM
My thoughts...

Peterson - impressive. Looking forward to more from him.
Dero - great as always
Barrett - great goal, but some of his other plays still leaves me doubting him

Those were our top 3 out there, and Gala would be a close runner up if not close tie for 3rd.

Glad we got the win, though anything less considering how MTL played would be pretty much unacceptable. Got kinda boring at the end, but overall a good game for TFC and will hopefully give them a push going into the next one!

canucker
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
did any of you guys see towards the end of the game? gargan had come right up field and challenged the impacts RB, stephen deroux (i think that is his name). gargan was sent to the ground but managed to get a corner out of it.

either way, gargan got up and deroux started chirping at him. gargan said a few words back and then put up 2 fingers and then made a 0 and said something else.

fucking classic, i loved it! one of the highlights for me. i thought he played a great defensive game.

overall, good game by the lads, hopefully its a confidence booster to build on. especially for barrett, beautiful goal!

jloome
04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
I'm just amazed Roberto Brown was the first person in Toronto to punch Nick Garcia in the face.:D

Can't believe how hard he went down. Must've took it on the button.

TFC Bhoy
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Just got home from the game and finally saw the replay of Garcia getting punched in the face, and not gonna lie, I kinda laughed a bit. I dont wish any physical harm on the guy, but was kind of funny. And seeing them go down to 10 players and we dont have to worry about him any more the rest of the game, all pluses for me!

Other things for me, Gala and Peterson both had great games, DeRo was himself, nothing else needs to be said. Great goal by Barrett too, and if he only could have gotten his head to that DeRo cross earlier, he could have had a great diving header too. He had a couple nice runs too, good work tonight.

Really kind of annoyed we ONCE AGAIN didn't wear our red jerseys, and not only did we not wear the red but we went back to the stupid greys and didn't even wear our new white ones which look way better. I dont get it. Oh well

One of my favorite parts from tonight wasn't even in the game, but was during the march to BMO when we stood under the Impact fans and were singing "Tic Tac Tabernac" and that "6-1 and you fucked it up" song. I had a great time doing that haha.

Good job tonight!

rocker
04-28-2010, 11:16 PM
any highlight film of the Garcia incident on the web yet?

JonO
04-28-2010, 11:17 PM
The probably tossed the nutralite badge on the greys knowing that we'll be wearing white and red for league games from know on... That's my theory....

stugautz
04-28-2010, 11:20 PM
Can't say enough about Garcia. He literally took one on the jaw for the team. We should be thanking him. How many other guys would let that happen?

O'Brien White looked horrible. Out of position, head down, high kicks, lack of hustle.

Barrett was playing his heart out again. Glad to see he got one in the back of the net. He works so hard and never takes any time off.

Fushida
04-28-2010, 11:21 PM
did any of you guys see towards the end of the game? gargan had come right up field and challenged the impacts RB, stephen deroux (i think that is his name). gargan was sent to the ground but managed to get a corner out of it.

either way, gargan got up and deroux started chirping at him. gargan said a few words back and then put up 2 fingers and then made a 0 and said something else.

fucking classic, i loved it! one of the highlights for me. i thought he played a great defensive game.

overall, good game by the lads, hopefully its a confidence booster to build on. especially for barrett, beautiful goal!

haha i thought he did that to tell the ref the guy kept fouling him. because he held his hand in the motion of holding out a card

TFC Bhoy
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Can't say enough about Garcia. He literally took one on the jaw for the team. We should be thanking him. How many other guys would let that happen?

O'Brien White looked horrible. Out of position, head down, high kicks, lack of hustle.

Barrett was playing his heart out again. Glad to see he got one in the back of the net. He works so hard and never takes any time off .
Couldn't agree more, works hard and got what he deserved. I'm like most people and go at him at lot for his finishing (or lack thereof), but really worked hard and got what he deserved. After watching the replays when I got home tonight too it was great to see him hold up the badge too. Class move

jloome
04-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Er, Impact coach blames the officiating:facepalm:

However, not everybody was so convinced that Toronto won on merit alone. Pointing to favouritism to Toronto FC, who plays in the higher-level Major League Soccer compared to Montreal's USSF Division 2, and a missed handball on a play that led to a foul, Montreal coach Marc Dos Santos said the officiating was poor.

"One day, this competition will have three teams in the MLS. And I think refs are going to be more courageous with their decision," Dos Santos said. "Right now, if you see player X or Y that falls, you might not call it. But if [Toronto forward Dwayne] De Rosario or [Toronto midfielder Julian] de Guzman falls, he's going to call it right away. Come on, you need personality in life. If not, [officiating] is not for you. Just because you have the FIFA tag on your chest, it's not enough. Come on."

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=2963196#ixzz0mScxdRZI

Whoop
04-28-2010, 11:46 PM
Haha... Dos Santos it wasn't the ref that PUNCHED Garcia.

Whoop
04-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Sounds like Preki had some words for the guys at the half.

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?catid=2&id=1849

Super
04-28-2010, 11:55 PM
Loved the win!

Bad point: why the FUCKING HELL are we wearing grey at home? What douchebag made that decision? We're the Reds - and ALWAYS at home! I mean, who runs this club? I am tired of rookie FO mistakes, and not knowing the importance or significance of our COLOUR is a sure sign that this club is run by non-football people. Last time we played at home in white. What's next? Blue kit at home?

Sláinte TFC
04-28-2010, 11:59 PM
Could anyone keep track of the bookings? I lost track. The ref looked like he wanted to be the focal point in the match. Overall not the boy's best game but can't argue with the result. Also, how many cards can aplayer get in the competition before getting a supension?

UltraFootyKWC
04-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Great game. Solid win. Great to see everyone working hard and playing aggressive.

This definately wasn't the prettiest game considering we were a man up for about an hour, but this now makes it two clean sheets in as many games. This team is really starting to work hard on the defensive side of the ball.

Next, bring on the defending MLS champs!
:scarf:

Yohan
04-29-2010, 12:04 AM
chad barrett. 3 goals, 2 assists in 3 games vs Impact. mtl seems to bring out the best in barrett

dannyd
04-29-2010, 12:10 AM
Could anyone keep track of the bookings? I lost track. The ref looked like he wanted to be the focal point in the match. Overall not the boy's best game but can't argue with the result. Also, how many cards can aplayer get in the competition before getting a supension?

I disagree, I think the ref didn't do enough. Every time DeGuzman got the ball he was fouled and the ref only called about 3 of them the whole game. Considering this was a derby type game, 6 cards isn't alot. Especially since there's only a few games in the competition. players don't have to worry about yellow accumulations like in regular league play.

MUFC_Niagara
04-29-2010, 12:13 AM
Garcia is playing tonight, just heard from my source

From the pre-game thread.

Told you. But didn't know he would get knocked out!

Sláinte TFC
04-29-2010, 12:19 AM
I disagree, I think the ref didn't do enough. Every time DeGuzman got the ball he was fouled and the ref only called about 3 of them the whole game. Considering this was a derby type game, 6 cards isn't alot. Especially since there's only a few games in the competition. players don't have to worry about yellow accumulations like in regular league play.

6 cards in a game wasn't enough for you? yes some were warrented but I found several suspect. Maybe it's just mee but I prefer to let the players play the game. Kudos to him for picking up the puch fest R brown was having at the cost of Garcia's face but I just don't really like the ref to be that promenent in a match. I felt several of the cards could have been delt with a blown whistle and free kick. That being said I was a few pints deep.:drinking:

Yeoman
04-29-2010, 12:22 AM
the few seconds i saw of the match;
holy FUCK what a save frei made!
and what a fucking screamer barrett shot into there, just a wower

bertal
04-29-2010, 12:39 AM
garcia took one for the team

Yagbod
04-29-2010, 12:50 AM
- the reason the last 15 mins were boring is because TFC were wasting time. It is about time that they did this. Kicking it around in the backfield is boring but it increases the chance of a drama-less win. This was missing in the last 3 years. Kudos to Preki and the d-line.

-Barrett's goal was genius. But he still reminds me of George Bell of the Blue Jays. Bell went blind and one day someone said: 'hey, get some eyeglasses, you ass.' Next thing you know, Bell is knocking them out of the park again. Barrett is simply unable to see the net clearly. I think he can see up close just fine, but not at any distance. Someone needs to talk to him.

- Someone remind me why we are paying De Guzman so much? Not a bad game, but just that, for so much?

- Section 110 was in fine form tonight. A 'cappo' (sp?) on that side would do wonders. Especially if the three of them (2 at the moment) could coordinate.

-Kudo's to that young fella who leads the chants from about the 6th row in 112. He also rocks the garbage can after the game. I sat across from him on the return leg of this years Boston trip. Nice guy, thank him if you see him.

-It was funny when Garcia lost that back pass. The crowd around me went nuts. I also recall saying to my neighbour Mark: "If it had to be anyone, at least it's Garcia." (in regards to the injury, that is)

- Montreal played like beer league dicks. I really thought that they were trying to slow TFC down, as a franchise, by injuring them with reckless tackles and the like.

- Danke

Yohan
04-29-2010, 12:59 AM
oh, another DeRo and Barrett hooking up for magic.

key to TFC success this year

JonO
04-29-2010, 06:37 AM
Fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22211
Haha! The irony of it all is that your post with the ip address allowed me to get past the "furry porn". Just googled luck strike and player ratings and was able to find it.... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Chevy
04-29-2010, 08:12 AM
Loved the win!

Bad point: why the FUCKING HELL are we wearing grey at home? What douchebag made that decision? We're the Reds - and ALWAYS at home! I mean, who runs this club? I am tired of rookie FO mistakes, and not knowing the importance or significance of our COLOUR is a sure sign that this club is run by non-football people. Last time we played at home in white. What's next? Blue kit at home?

Could it be as simple as Montreal wearing pink which prevented us from wearing Red?

I'm assuming the pink kits are for some cancer-related charity, so it would be pretty bush-league for TFC to insist they not wear them.

sulfur
04-29-2010, 09:05 AM
Could it be as simple as Montreal wearing pink which prevented us from wearing Red?

I'm assuming the pink kits are for some cancer-related charity, so it would be pretty bush-league for TFC to insist they not wear them.
Problem there is... the pink and black looked very similar to the grey and black when viewed from a distance on the TV.

You never pull shit like that. Red would have had a far better contrast.

deltox
04-29-2010, 09:10 AM

i saw this....thought it was awesome

bdiddy
04-29-2010, 09:15 AM
I am colorblind.

The entire game I could not hardly tell who was who. And I was in row 2.

I think its disgusting to have 2 jerseys of basically the same colour playing each other on the pitch.

deltox
04-29-2010, 09:16 AM
i forgot at times that they were down a man. playing 11 vs 10, i think we should have played better.

jaxul
04-29-2010, 09:17 AM
Watched the game on TV last night and I thought Montreal looked like a 3rd league club at best. When your best performer is your left back you have a problem. Sure they played in 10 men but so did Inter vs Barca (bad comparison I know :P). I felt we didn't press enough to try to score one or two more since as we've all seen it last season goal diff can become an issue in such a short tournament.

Not a bad game but we could have done better. White couldn't buy a decent pass all game even if he wanted to.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
oh, another DeRo and Barrett hooking up for magic.

key to TFC success this year

I have to agree. I have been ragging on Barrett since last year but if he continues to work hard and helps DeRo all year long...well, all will be forgiven.

We still need a proper striker though.

koryo
04-29-2010, 09:18 AM
It's early days yet, so I'm not getting carried away. But, what I've seen from this team over the past two games is encouraging.

They're learning how to fight. And say what you like, right now they don't look like a side that's playing out of fear.

Brooker
04-29-2010, 09:52 AM
not one complaint from me. we thumped those twats and kept a clean sheet again!

and Barrett scores a fucking bullet! did you see those 2 head fakes? go on, Chad!

Oldtimer
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
I have to agree. I have been ragging on Barrett since last year but if he continues to work hard and helps DeRo all year long...well, all will be forgiven.

We still need a proper striker though.

Barrett is best playing side by side with a good goal-poaching striker. He can work hard, create space, and the goal-poacher can put the ball in!

TFCRegina
04-29-2010, 09:55 AM
In hindsight, Lucky Strike's use of the IP address seems to be very smart.

Brooker
04-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Barrett is best playing side by side with a good goal-poaching striker. He can work hard, create space, and the goal-poacher can put the ball in!

hmm... if only we could find somebody really tall, possibly bald headed, and from hammersmith.

any ideas?

rocker
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
What's up wit DiLorenzo's hair? These 4 cute women in front of me just couldn't stop laughing at his hair when they finally noticed him. When the ladies laugh, it's time for a haircut.

UltraFootyKWC
04-29-2010, 10:00 AM
I am colorblind.

The entire game I could not hardly tell who was who. And I was in row 2.

I think its disgusting to have 2 jerseys of basically the same colour playing each other on the pitch.

Me too man. I'm in row 3 and I couldn't tell the teams apart either, especially since everyone was moving around the whole time. They even had the same colour shorts on too. My girlfriend pointed out that the numbers were different colours, so that helped me a bit, but only if their backs were turned to me.

Krasno.pL.
04-29-2010, 10:01 AM
http://www.tfcpics.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=6741&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=10

:D Thanks to TFCpics.ca for this one ;) hahaha

JuliquE
04-29-2010, 10:22 AM
That certainly beefed up Dos Santos' claim about the officiating, last night. xD

Keystone FC
04-29-2010, 10:37 AM
http://www.tfcpics.com/index.php?view=image&format=raw&type=img&id=6741&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=10

And here I thought the Furry Porn was disturbing.:hump:
Take That M' Pact!

JuliquE
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
And here I thought the Furry Porn was disturbing.:hump:
Take That M' Pact!
Yeah.. they felt "hard done by," thus explaining their failed attempt to share the love.

Keystone FC
04-29-2010, 10:39 AM
They're learning how to fight.
Literaly

And say what you like, right now they don't look like a side that's playing out of fear.
That's a Preki team for you. Defense is key and you go after the ball, and the opponent, with intensity.

Darlofletch
04-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Not a bad game over all, first half very disjointed, but in the second half, a lovely goal from Barrett, and then some great possession football from tfc, ole's were busted out a few times. Most of all, we looked organised and in control to finish out the game, no panicky last 15 minutes. against 10 man usl team admittedly, and we still really don't have much of a cutting edge up front, but still, it's a big improvement.

Very happy for Chad to score, he's deserved that.

the garcia incident, i didn't see what happened, I just saw him stagger sideways and then fall over, wasn't until I got home to check the pvr that i saw the punch. Why was their guy so slow to go off, he obviously earned his red card.

Poutine with sausage is really really good, wasn't such a fan of the bacon.

can it be summer soon? I'm getting tired of being cold, and having to wear gloves to drink beer.

furry porn? awesome, kind of annoying, but very funny. thanks to everyone who's fixing that.

Keystone FC
04-29-2010, 10:43 AM
garcia took one for the team
He took one for:
TFC
The city of Toronto
The GTA
The Golden Horseshoe
The province of Ontario
Canada Soccer

Say what you want about Garcia (and we all do) but if Garcia nagged that Im Pink player into slugging him...Big Props!<3

Steve
04-29-2010, 10:58 AM

You should really use the "www.redpatchboys.ca" name there rather than the IP.

The IP might change. The name will not.

Hmm, these posts were 2 hours before the DNS switch... I'm sensing a conspiracy! Maybe Lucky Strike and surlfur were the ones who did it, and set it up with these posts as an elaborate joke... I'm onto you guys...

Captain
04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Great game! Barretts goal was a beaut. Saw Garcia bounce but missed the hit. He was out cold long before he hit the ground. Had to laugh at the players stepping over him. Someone's got to have that highlight. OBW sucked. Even my son who plays soccer but rarely folows it comment that OBW should really not touch the ball. He seemed to just be getting in the way. I'm really liking Cann, Hscanovics and Gargan.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2010, 11:05 AM
I was at the game, but apparently this wasn't even on Sportsnet Ontario. WTF, Sportsnet? If they're going to get the rights, they should at least show the game FFS.

jaxul
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
I was at the game, but apparently this wasn't even on Sportsnet Ontario. WTF, Sportsnet? If they're going to get the rights, they should at least show the game FFS.

Contract with Jays overrides the one with the NCC.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 11:08 AM
We really are 4-0-1 against the limpact?

Man...we own them. I'd like to have a similar record against at least one team in MLS though.

2freedom
04-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Sportsnet connected website has the highlight of the garcia incident. Wow that guys arms were flying to hit him!

Keystone FC
04-29-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/Highlights-TFC-vs-MTL

00:17
One, Two combination.

dupont
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
What the hell? and the Montreal coach is debating the red card??

anonymiss
04-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Sportsnet connected website has the highlight of the garcia incident. Wow that guys arms were flying to hit him!

My favourite part was how stefan fray makes the save at the end of the first half...:D

TFC USA
04-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Remember I said in the game thread I hope Garcia gets knocked out of the game?

There you go.

Steve
04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
My favourite part was how stefan fray makes the save at the end of the first half...:D

I can see that mistake. Hell, I sometimes alternate because the spelling Frei confuses me. I know it's fry (I think) but sometimes my brain gets confused anyway and it comes out fray.

Troll
04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Chad Barrett - Monster tonight, all over but typical Chad 'Blue Balls' Barrett. Nice strike for his goal but always coming up short (Diving header would have been exceptional though if he was a fraction earlier)

I don't think there's anything more Barrett could've done with his diving header attempt. I was seated on the west side in the north section and Chad reacted instantly. The ball was just placed slightly out of reach. Can't blame him there.

stugautz
04-29-2010, 12:24 PM
Who was doing the PA announcements at the game yesterday? She was horrible. At least 2 blown announcements that required correcting. (Garcia coming off and not being able to read the injury time).

Rudi
04-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Who was doing the PA announcements at the game yesterday? She was horrible. At least 2 blown announcements that required correcting. (Garcia coming off and not being able to read the injury time).
The CSA hires its own announcers for their events.

I'm not sure why they just don't allow the clubs to use their regular announcers. Unless our normal guy in not bilingual.

Oldtimer
04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
The CSA hires its own announcers for their events.

I'm not sure why they just don't allow the clubs to use their regular announcers. Unless our normal guy in not bilingual.

What, the CSA mess something up???? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

DichioTFC
04-29-2010, 12:37 PM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/Highlights-TFC-vs-MTL

00:17
One, Two combination.

Talk about punches in bunches. Good on Garcia for taking one for the team.

Villa TFC
04-29-2010, 01:02 PM
I was seated in the North Stand and spent almost as much time watching Garcia as I did the match. He was constantly elbowing, pushing, shoving, shirt-pulling and poking the Limpact forwards. It was just a never-ending assault...but only when the ball wasn't around and the ref and linesmen weren't watching. At least twice the forwards complained to the ref but nothing seen, nothing done. In the lead-up to the red card, Garcia shoved the forward with boths hands, Roberto Brown just lost it and punched him square on the chin. Remarkably the ref saw this and was sprinting towards him before Garcia even hit the turf. Garcia staggered once or twice and then slumped to the ground where he remained for considerably longer than I expected. The red card was fully justified, it's just a miracle that the ref didn't see Garcia's constant niggling that led up to it.

You see a lot of this stuff in the box between centrebacks and forwards...it's part and parcel of the game (just look at Ibrahimovic's torn shirt in the CL semi-final earlier in the day as proof), but I'm not sure I've ever seen any CB anywhere get away with so much without even a warning, never mind a yellow card...but he's clever in that part of his game at least. If I'd been a forward I probably would have thumped him too and I'm about as aggressive as a corner flag.

So, for once the ref got it right and did actually see the act rather than simply reacting to the aftermath. I don't think Montreal could utter a word of complaint in their treatment by the ref as he was actually extremely reserved in not booking even more Limpact players for hacking, chopping and generally malicious fouling. Garcia should have been warned earlier but his niggling wasn't seen and nothing he did was worthy of even yellow up to the point of Brown's red. It was a nasty game and I think Montreal were a shadow of the team we've played in the past. Their game plan seemed to be to prevent us from playing in any way possible, rather than actually trying to win. As others have said, it was beer-league stuff. We weren't superb - and I'm disappointed that despite being a man-up against an inferior and unimaginative side that we took our foot off the pedal rather than trying to rack up a few more goals in a competition than can be decided on goal-difference -but we really did look as though we were several leagues higher than them.

Shakes McQueen
04-29-2010, 01:22 PM
That Barrett goal was a beauty, and I was glad to see him get it.

Barrett and Preki giving a press conference together after the game was a little awkward though.

- Scott

Whoop
04-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Highlight of the night for me. At the end of the match.

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/primary_image-620x350/image_nodes/2010/04/TFC640.jpg

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Highlight of the night for me. At the end of the match.

http://www.torontofc.ca/sites/default/files/imagecache/primary_image-620x350/image_nodes/2010/04/TFC640.jpg
I noticed that... all the more reason I want to get a season ticket in there. :(

And yeah, I have to hand it to Chad. Fantastic goal.

loconet
04-29-2010, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know the name of the place that sells those burritos that got passed around in 112/113 yesterday? They weren't from BMO itself were they? So good! I'm hungry right now.

menefreghista
04-29-2010, 02:33 PM
I think the do indeed sell burritos in the stadium on the north end. In the location they use to sell corn on the cob.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2010, 02:36 PM
Burritos rule... Wish I could afford to spend money on food at BMO. :( lol

Whoop
04-29-2010, 02:43 PM
LOL... Apparently those being passed around at the end of the 2nd half were free!

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2010, 02:48 PM
LOL... Apparently those being passed around at the end of the 2nd half were free!
I saw no trace of said burritos in 104, sadly. :picard: Discrimination, I tell you.

Lucky Strike
04-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Well I felt the ref screwed us a few times with strange calls. :D

Chevy
04-29-2010, 03:50 PM
LOL.

Jeffro
Best part of the game yesterday:
The guys behind me doing their customary Barrett heckling all game, then we finally turned around to say they are clueless and Barrett scored a beauty about 20 seconds later, so we could turn around and tell them to eat that!

Lucky Strike
Haha! The irony of it all is that your post with the ip address allowed me to get past the "furry porn". Just googled luck strike and player ratings and was able to find it.... Thanks! :thumbsup:

Lol, even when doing wrong it was right! :D

Lucky Strike
04-29-2010, 03:56 PM
Hmm, these posts were 2 hours before the DNS switch... I'm sensing a conspiracy! Maybe Lucky Strike and surlfur were the ones who did it, and set it up with these posts as an elaborate joke... I'm onto you guys...

Uh oh! My fiendish scheme to get people onto furries is being foiled! :D

And just for the record in case someone is not getting the irony - I really had nothing to do with it. The reason why I linked the IP address was just because I copied and paste the URL right after my post of the ratings.

Strange how things work out.

J .
04-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Best moments of the Match

1. Barretts goal
2. DeRos goal
3. Garcia getting knocked out of the game and Roberto getting a red. Thinking of sending Roberto a thank you card.

Yeoman
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
anybody know if it's been uploaded anywhere yet so i can download it?

dantdot
04-29-2010, 04:23 PM
anybody know if it's been uploaded anywhere yet so i can download it?

Haven't seen any yet. Someone on Voyageurs said they'll post it tonight.

TFC Bhoy
04-29-2010, 04:30 PM
Best part of the game yesterday:
The guys behind me doing their customary Barrett heckling all game, then we finally turned around to say they are clueless and Barrett scored a beauty about 20 seconds later, so we could turn around and tell them to eat that!
I had an entertaining time when we tried doing chants and it was you and 3 or 4 of the guys around you, and then me in 119 with maybe 2 or 3 others.

Or even better was the guy the row behind me who tried doing the massive alone with you guys and only chanted 3 times before starting the la-la's. At least he tried i guess lol

FOGES
04-29-2010, 04:45 PM
funniest thing for me last night was the 20 or so guys wearing TFC gear standing up and cheering that the Canadiens won game 7. oh what a gesture. i think the irony was lost on them. so i booed them simply for celebrating montreal when we're Toronto fans cheering them on against montreal

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2010, 04:51 PM
Fuck the Habs. :)

I apologize in advance for any offense that remark may cause.

DOMIN8R
04-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry, if this has already been discussed.

But why was the turf watered before the game and at the half? I counted over 10 slips due to lack of traction - looked like the pitch was too slick because of watering. This is an unecessary injury risk - no?

I welcome any comments that can help me understand why this is done.

BTW - at the half they only used the sprinkler on one side, in a circle formation, covering about 20% of the pitch. WTF?

Ontario Arab
04-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Best part of the game for me..........Barretts composure in front of goal followed by a great finish....I think the flood gates are gonna open for Chad very soon.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM

But why was the turf watered before the game and at the half? I counted over 10 slips due to lack of traction - looked like the pitch was too slick because of watering. This is an unecessary injury risk - no?

BTW - at the half they only used the sprinkler on one side, in a circle formation, covering about 20% of the pitch. WTF?

The ball moves faster and the passes are crisper.

It is common practice on all pitches.

DOMIN8R
04-29-2010, 08:19 PM
On 20% of the pitch?

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 08:22 PM
I can't speak to why they make decisions as to which parts to water. Maybe that 20% wasn't watered enough before the game or maybe the players gave some feedback that it needed it. Unless you are the Scott turf guys, I am not sure anyone can answer that question but I doubt it's for random reasons.

DOMIN8R
04-29-2010, 08:23 PM
I only want to hear from people who know the answer or have theories.

You're not that guy. LOL

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Actually, your question had two parts and I answered the more important part.

So in essence...I AM that guy! :lol:

Wagner
04-29-2010, 08:31 PM
I only want to hear from people who know the answer or have theories.

You're not that guy. LOL

I think they want to soften/slow down the turf. I don't know for certain though.

I agree with you, there were a LOT of slips last night.

The field is built on a sand mixture that is not unlike a USGA golf green.

So, if you putt on a golf green that has been freshly watered/rained on...it plays a little slower.

Jeffro
04-29-2010, 08:42 PM
Not the case with football, the watering makes the surface slick and makes for a good quick passing ground game. At half they watered the part of the pitch where we would be attacking for a bit of home advantage.

Very common practice.

Brooker
04-29-2010, 08:44 PM
How many goals has Montreal scored against us? 1 or 2?

Oh the juicy irony of the "Toronto Failure Club" banner and their 0-4-1 record against us.

and really, that "insult" is the best they could come up with? ugh. step up from LOL on a garbage bag, I suppose.

Wagner
04-29-2010, 08:50 PM
Not the case with football, the watering makes the surface slick and makes for a good quick passing ground game. At half they watered the part of the pitch where we would be attacking for a bit of home advantage.

Very common practice.

They aren't doing it right...
our guys were slipping around like they were on a Slip n' Slide.

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 08:51 PM

Very common practice.

Now Jeffro is that guy!

Roogsy
04-29-2010, 08:51 PM
How many goals has Montreal scored against us? 1 or 2?

Oh the juicy irony of the "Toronto Failure Club" banner and their 0-4-1 record against us.

and really, that "insult" is the best they could come up with? ugh. step up from LOL on a garbage bag, I suppose.

:smilielol5:

DOMIN8R
04-29-2010, 09:22 PM
They aren't doing it right...
our guys were slipping around like they were on a Slip n' Slide.

Agreed. Based on what I saw, we were not better off for it.

twistedchinaman
04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
I'm probably the only one who DIDN'T mind that the game was on Sportsnet West -- other than this tourney, there aren't any more TFC matches on SN West...(since they are all assigned to Pacific and Ontario)

Wooster_TFC
04-30-2010, 07:59 AM

As to the 20% bit, were you in your seat the entire time? I was in 110 and they definitely turned both the sprinkler right in front of me (in our defending end for the second half) and the one at the centre line.

They just didn't do them at the same time, they turned on and ran one in a circle, then when it was done they did the next. I'm not sure if they did the one in our attacking zone, since I was watching the stupid relay race :)

Oldtimer
04-30-2010, 10:44 AM
Best moments of the Match

1. Barretts goal
2. DeRos goal
3. Garcia getting knocked out of the game and Roberto getting a red. Thinking of sending Roberto a thank you card.

More news on this:

The Montreal player, Roberto Brown, has been suspended indefinitely by the Impact. http://www.24thminute.com/2010/04/highlights-of-impact-tfc.html

MONTREAL – The Montreal Impact announced Friday that forward Roberto Brown has been suspended for a period yet to be determined, following his gesture Wednesday during the match against Toronto FC, in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship. Brown was ejected from the game at the 35th minute, after hitting Toronto FC defender Nick Garcia in the face.

Roberto is an intense athlete, an excellent person and an important player on our roster, but his gesture is unacceptable,” declared Impact head coach Marc Dos Santos. “Roberto left his teammates down during the game Wednesday. We took this decision following discussions with the entire technical staff.”

“From a club perspective, his gesture is not tolerated and it stands far from our sportsmanship values,” declared technical director Nick De Santis. “I hope he will understand the seriousness of his behaviour because it’s not the first time he acts this way.”

The duration of the suspension is undetermined given that the club is waiting for the discipline report from the Canadian Soccer Association.

http://www.montrealimpact.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1352&Focus=0

dantdot
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Match is uploaded.

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?39669-Voyageurs-Cup-2010-match-videos

ginkster88
05-01-2010, 06:09 PM
As to the 20% bit, were you in your seat the entire time? I was in 110 and they definitely turned both the sprinkler right in front of me (in our defending end for the second half) and the one at the centre line.

They just didn't do them at the same time, they turned on and ran one in a circle, then when it was done they did the next. I'm not sure if they did the one in our attacking zone, since I was watching the stupid relay race :)

There are three (perhaps only two) sprinklers that they run in sequence, usually starting in the South End.

I've been hearing reports that April's heat wave has been sucking water out of the ground, making surfaces all over the city quite hard and unforgiving. I can't help but think this is an attempt to combat nature's tricks: watering the field before the match and at half to soften it up and make it feel like grass, rather than hard, dry ground.

Keystone FC
05-02-2010, 02:22 AM
“From a club perspective, his gesture is not tolerated and it stands far from our sportsmanship values,” declared technical director Nick De Santis. “I hope he will understand the seriousness of his behaviour because it’s not the first time he acts this way.”

Well, if this has happened before then Brown obviously never saw the orientation video of Montreal Impact...a club of sportsmanship values.

sulfur
05-03-2010, 04:36 PM
From Luke Wileman:

After review, CSA gives Ty Harden the goal vs. Montreal instead of De Ro in last week's NCC opener.

That's Harden's first goal for TFC.

Lucky Strike
05-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Also, CSA suspends Brown 2 games and fines him 1500$ for his Muhammad Ali impression.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2010/05/03/csa-suspends-brown-for-two-matches/

Keystone FC
05-04-2010, 02:43 AM
Also, CSA suspends Brown 2 games and fines him 1500$ for his Muhammad Ali impression.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2010/05/03/csa-suspends-brown-for-two-matches/
A suspension and a $1,500 fine! Now THAT'S a fine.:D
If it were an MLS match he would have got suspended and $500 fine.