PDA

View Full Version : Montreal stadium rules???

London
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
look what i found when lookinf for flag restrictions for saputo

Supporters section:

1. The use of flares, smoke bombs, sparklers or fireworks of any kind is prohibited. Fans found in possession of these items will be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest;
2. The use of rigid flag poles is prohibited. Only flexible PVC poles will be allowed in the stadium;
3. The distribution of unapproved pamphlets, handouts, or any other kind of advertisements is prohibited;
4. It is prohibited to install banners in the stadium other than the home team supporter section. The Montreal Impact reserves the right to confiscate banners that are deemed inappropriate, such as any anti-sport, racist, sexist, political, violent or defamatory messages aimed at any group or individual;
5. It is prohibited to throw any objects within the facility;
6. Drums are permitted in the supporter sections;
7. No visiting team jerseys, scarves or any other promotional TFC items will be allowed in the East Grandstand

tfc2007
04-26-2010, 06:39 PM
fuck them.

Mark in Ottawa
04-26-2010, 06:45 PM

Supporters section:

1. The use of flares, smoke bombs, sparklers or fireworks of any kind is prohibited. Fans found in possession of these items will be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest;
2. The use of rigid flag poles is prohibited. Only flexible PVC poles will be allowed in the stadium;
3. The distribution of unapproved pamphlets, handouts, or any other kind of advertisements is prohibited;
4. It is prohibited to install banners in the stadium other than the home team supporter section. The Montreal Impact reserves the right to confiscate banners that are deemed inappropriate, such as any anti-sport, racist, sexist, political, violent or defamatory messages aimed at any group or individual;
7. No visiting team jerseys, scarves or any other promotional TFC items will be allowed in the East Grandstand

That says supporters section... I wonder if that means the section for the visiting supporters?

Now I know why I see English soccer fans painted up like banners :rolleyes:

What is a visiting supporters section snuggled in something like "flash cards"? They could have a display of sorts...

Brooker
04-26-2010, 06:47 PM
rule #8: you have to be a piece of shit to qualify for the thousands of free season tickets.

redcard
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM
this year the visit to saputo will be even sweeter!

kodiakTFC
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty confident that rule against wearing TFC isn't actually legal. As for smoke bombs, I've been to Saputo over 10 times and each game the UM02 has used atleast 2 smoke bombs. Their supporters are great at hiding them in and who actually uses it.

stretchthetruth
Rule #9: All participants on the "catching" side of glory holes in saputo stadium must be wearing Impact gear. Safety goggles optional.

TFCRegina

Supporters section:

From my memory, the East Grandstand is on the opposite side of the stadium from where they put us last time.

drewski
04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
From my memory, the East Grandstand is on the opposite side of the stadium from where they put us last time.

yup. its their supporter's section, so most of it makes sense, especially the no TFC stuff. though if you're dumb enough to intentionally wear wear an opponents kit in their supporter's section, you deserve whats comin to ya

http://www.montrealimpact.com/Tickets/Tickets.aspx?language=EN

London
04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
i was just shocked that they specificly say TFC

Globetrotter
04-26-2010, 07:57 PM
though if you're dumb enough to intentionally wear wear an opponents kit in their supporter's section, you deserve whats comin to ya

I wore a leafs jersey in montreal during a 04 (?) playoff game between montreal and boston :hump: :hump: some people got in my face... well, they tried... but they were french and too short. :drum:

Redcoe15
04-26-2010, 08:26 PM

Supporters section:

Rules were meant to be broken. Specificaly the last one! :scarf: :D

deeznutz
04-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Yeah thats hurting.....

trane
04-26-2010, 08:42 PM
^ It may mean that even when we are not playing them people were TFC gear at the stadium.

But again that rule makes sense, I know that I would not want someone wearing enemy colours in our supporter sections. It is asking for trouble.

SilverSamurai
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
LOL> too funny.
So TFC is against the rules, but Whitecaps are ok? lol

Really, have to have something wrong if you wear a dif teams colours in someone elses supporters section...

London
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
they hate us so much that they went out of there way to say it

McGill
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Guys, does anyone know where the visiting TFC supporters to the game on the 12th will be sitting? As I wish to buy tickets and be in the right place!

deeznutz
04-26-2010, 09:21 PM
they hate us so much that they went out of there way to say it

Good for them...Sending them cookies as we speak....

Rudi
04-27-2010, 10:28 AM
Guys, does anyone know where the visiting TFC supporters to the game on the 12th will be sitting? As I wish to buy tickets and be in the right place!

Naturegirl
04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
i believe that rule is in direct relation to the burning of one of our scarves the first time we went.

prizby
04-27-2010, 10:39 AM

become a red patch boy member and see the away trip forum for more details

Brooker
04-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Good for them...Sending them cookies as we speak....

you forgot to call them kids and challenge them to fistacuffs!

J .
04-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty confident that rule against wearing TFC isn't actually legal. As for smoke bombs, I've been to Saputo over 10 times and each game the UM02 has used atleast 2 smoke bombs. Their supporters are great at hiding them in and who actually uses it.

You mean they dont immediately text the ratline and get them kicked out?

Mikey
04-27-2010, 04:04 PM
If those are stadium rules, presumably they apply to any team canada games held there too.....

Dbl_D
04-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Rule #9: All participants on the "catching" side of glory holes in saputo stadium must be wearing Impact gear. Safety goggles optional.
lol :facepalm:

Toronto Ruffrider
04-27-2010, 06:22 PM
If those are stadium rules, presumably they apply to any team canada games held there too.....

Yes, but Honduran jerseys are okay.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-27-2010, 06:30 PM
they bolded and underlined TFC ITEMS honestly??

drewski
04-27-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm pretty confident that rule against wearing TFC isn't actually legal.

why not?

drewski
04-27-2010, 06:56 PM
they bolded and underlined TFC ITEMS honestly??

no, that was added for emphasis by the poster

http://www.impactmontreal.com/Tickets/Tickets_FAQ.aspx?language=EN

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-27-2010, 07:08 PM
Please don't remind me of that day. :facepalm:

redcard
04-27-2010, 10:31 PM

i believe that day Canadian jerseys were banned, but i didnt get the memo...

McGill
04-27-2010, 10:52 PM
become a red patch boy member and see the away trip forum for more details
At university during the year, and working during the summer, so it's kinda hard.
Is there anyway I could purchase tickets in Section 223 through the Impact or must it be done some other way?

uncle p
04-28-2010, 07:26 AM
At university during the year, and working during the summer, so it's kinda hard.
Is there anyway I could purchase tickets in Section 223 through the Impact or must it be done some other way?

You can call the impact, or go to the montreal ticketmaster. Just be sure to get tix in section 223

McGill
04-28-2010, 02:11 PM
You can call the impact, or go to the montreal ticketmaster. Just be sure to get tix in section 223
Thanks, I will try as me and a bunch of friends are very interested. Finally time for me to whip out my TFC scarf.

james
04-28-2010, 10:58 PM
probably about 95% of stadiums in Europe dont let you wear any jerseys but the home team jersey unless you are in a visiting supporters section, otherwise you will either not be let in or you will just be stupid to do it!

s2cazz
04-28-2010, 11:31 PM
probably about 95% of stadiums in Europe dont let you wear any jerseys but the home team jersey unless you are in a visiting supporters section, otherwise you will either not be let in or you will just be stupid to do it!

This ain't Europe sunshine.

Mark My Words! If Detroit gets an MLS team I will buy seasons and attend evey match with a TFC Jersey on. (except for the weeks I make the trip to Toronto)

drewski
04-29-2010, 09:10 AM
This ain't Europe sunshine.

Mark My Words! If Detroit gets an MLS team I will buy seasons and attend evey match with a TFC Jersey on. (except for the weeks I make the trip to Toronto)

maybe, but Quebec is abotu as close as you'll get. and they have a penchant for violence...even when they're happy!

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/04/22/inside-habs-riot-cp-4710814.jpg

SilverSamurai
04-30-2010, 12:30 AM
maybe, but Quebec is abotu as close as you'll get. and they have a penchant for violence...even when they're happy!

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2008/04/22/inside-habs-riot-cp-4710814.jpg
I don't know if I'd say Quebec is more "Euro" than Mexico...
Both have certain things/charms, but it's hard to compare a province to a nation.
As far as architecture goes, Mexico has a LOT more to offer, then again the Spanish were there a lot longer than the French were in control of Quebec...
However as far as culture goes, it might be the case... but I don't have enough experience personally...

drewski
04-30-2010, 07:14 AM
I don't know if I'd say Quebec is more "Euro" than Mexico...
Both have certain things/charms, but it's hard to compare a province to a nation.
As far as architecture goes, Mexico has a LOT more to offer, then again the Spanish were there a lot longer than the French were in control of Quebec...
However as far as culture goes, it might be the case... but I don't have enough experience personally...

thats not what Parliament says ;)

regardless, don't say that to a quebecer, especially a separatist quebecer :lol:

SilverSamurai
04-30-2010, 10:31 AM
thats not what Parliament says ;)

regardless, don't say that to a quebecer, especially a separatist quebecer :lol:
Ya I know, a nation within a nation... If thats what keeps them happy then cool...

More like don't say anything to a separatist in anything but Quebecois French! :rolleyes:

devioustrevor
04-30-2010, 11:22 AM

When I ordered my ticket they wouldn't let me buy in 223, so I had to buy in 123. Hopefully on game day there's an empty seat in 223 for me or hopefully they'll allow me to exchange my 123 ticket for a 223 ticket.

drewski
04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Ya I know, a nation within a nation... If thats what keeps them happy then cool...

More like don't say anything to a separatist in anything but Quebecois French! :rolleyes:

tell me about it.

being a unilingual torontian with a separatist inlaw makes for fun family reunions

Ossington Mental Youth
04-30-2010, 12:42 PM
makes sense to me as it is a supporters section, would you want Impact supporters in our section?

uncle p
04-30-2010, 03:07 PM
When I ordered my ticket they wouldn't let me buy in 223, so I had to buy in 123. Hopefully on game day there's an empty seat in 223 for me or hopefully they'll allow me to exchange my 123 ticket for a 223 ticket.

There is no barrier or anything, it is one grandstand (like BMO's east stand)
They must have broken it up for easier entry or something