PDA

View Full Version : Cummins interview with Kristian Jack

Pages : [1] 2

razor787
04-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Unfortunately I cant watch it since im at work. Is it ripping the backroom guys, or is he praising the club? I have a feeling that he has some negative things about the team to say, like Gerba.

Nuvinho
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2010/04/26/exclusive-interview-with-chris-cummins/

30 minute interview.

*Mods, I am typing as I am listening, you may want to consolidate it all into one thread

- no support from Mo

- JC kept Mo out of the dressing room when he was there, CC didn't do that - regrets he wasn't more diligent with doing that.

- When the team starting losing, then Mo started interfering with the starting XI

- kept arguing with Mo about the starting XI

- If they lost a game, MO didn't speak to CC until 4 days after - So Thurs/Fri

- then Mo would come in and put in his 2 cents on what the team should be or how training should take place.

- players couldn't speak their mind when Mo was in the locker room

- went behind CC's back to tell the players that they should be playing, etc.

- a split in the camp between the canadian boys and US boys

- Dichio, Robbo, and Serioux held the team together (others said they were the bad apples)
- brought up Serioux, Dichio, and Robbo being called the bad apples again....which CC does not agree with.

- He knew the interim badge will never ever be taken away

- Daso promised the job by Mo, until 2 hours before the press conference when they offerred to CC (edited: it was a day before)

- All the paperwork was drawn up that Daso was supposed to be coach, which put a strain on the relationship on CC and Daso

- Jimmy B didn't speak his mind, always wanted to keep as many people happy

- suprised Jimmy retired

- problem over bonuses with the Real Madrid game for the players. Started to take stuff away from the players. - Food, breakfasts, paying for coaching badges etc

- CC talked to Dichio, and Danny always said whatever you feel is best for the team

- Says because his wife was expecting, that's why he didn't travel

- CC recommended Dichio be part of the staff, was told that he passed to much responsibility to Danny

- Others wanted him out of the club - Guess who??

- difficult for JDG to come in with no training

- kept crying out for a top CB and a top striker

- Ali came in with an injury. Had to stop Ali from doing extra training

- To the fans, best fans in the league

- fans are now at a stage that demands success

- says that everyone has to be accountable - coach, players, and GM

- fans should demand high standards from this club

razor787
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
Yet another former TFC member coming out. Its Vitti that needs to come out. These guys are just saying what happened behind the scenes :P

mastermixer
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm not going to watch it, simply because I don't want to get off the high from yesterday. I'm moving on from Gerba-gate and any 2009 TFC stories.

jabbronies
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
I guess Mo was the "Bad Apple in the dressing room.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 11:29 AM
So it appears all the fingers are wagging in one direction aren't they? I'll watch it when I get home to make up my own mind but by going the details so far...not looking good for the Scot.

Shakes McQueen
04-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Yes, Mo needs to be fired. Did anyone need more evidence?

- Scott

jabbronies
04-26-2010, 11:31 AM
So Mo doesn't speak to Cummins all week, then comes out at the start of the Friday training session to tell Cummins what he should be doing with the lineup.

Cummins said he gave into Mo too much. Should've stuck to his guns

Don Julio
04-26-2010, 11:34 AM
This is quite interesting.

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 11:39 AM
It's really clear this team should have done what Vancouver did and bring in two or three experienced guys to run it right form the start. As James' article said, this was designed to fail. Maybe we should be amazed it hung together this well and they only missed the playoffs by one game last year.

Stryker
04-26-2010, 11:44 AM
As I've said before, they need to take Mo out of the equation and make this Preki's team 100%.

Detroit_TFC
04-26-2010, 11:47 AM
I guess this stuff is not really a surprise but it is a bit shocking to actually hear it out loud.

This is bad for Mo.

Nuvinho
04-26-2010, 11:50 AM
thanks for putting it all into one post.

I may have missed some things, but it was hard to pretend to do work, and type on here at the same time.haha!!

jabbronies
04-26-2010, 11:52 AM
I fucked up and moved your post to third when i did a merge...anyways no problem

Pookie
04-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Just to add to the transcript above:

- was promised that in moving his family here that his kids could work in Canada... turned out to be false and found out after selling houses in the UK

- arguing with Mo over the starting line up resulted in him being late for team training sessions, didn't get time to work on set pieces, etc. Mo would wait till the Friday morning to question him

- didn't get the "pat on the back" for good decisions... always felt criticized

- not a fan of playing 3 in the back... towards the end of the season they went to that formation when Cummins had "had enough" of Mo's questioning/interference

- disappointed in himself for giving in and letting Mo have his way

- Mo would say to subs, "I can't believe you aren't playing"... undermining Cummins

- no real wing players to build a structure around... had to play 4-3-3 as a result.

- In Vancouver, Cummins found out that $500 worth of champagne was ordered and waiting in the dressing room for them before the game had finished. He found that very unprofessional and Nick snuck the champagne out the back way... got their money back

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 11:54 AM
http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2010/04/26/exclusive-interview-with-chris-cummins/

30 minute interview.

*Mods, I am typing as I am listening, you may want to consolidate it all into one thread

- no support from Mo

- JC kept Mo out of the dressing room when he was there, CC didn't do that - regrets he wasn't more diligent with doing that.

- When the team starting losing, then Mo started interfering with the starting XI

- then Mo would come in and put in his 2 cents on what the team should be or how training should take place.

- Dichio, Robbo, and Serioux held the team together (others said they were the bad apples)
- brought up Serioux, Dichio, and Robbo being called the bad apples again....which CC does not agree with.

- Daso promised the job by Mo, until 2 hours before the press conference when they offerred to CC (edited: it was a day before)

- All the paperwork was drawn up that Daso was supposed to be coach, which put a strain on the relationship on CC and Daso

- suprised Jimmy retired

- problem over bonuses with the Real Madrid game for the players. Started to take stuff away from the players. - Food, breakfasts, paying for coaching badges etc

- CC talked to Dichio, and Danny always said whatever you feel is best for the team

- CC recommended Dichio be part of the staff, was told that he passed to much responsibility to Danny

THANKS!

I won't be able to hear it until I get home. My browser at work sucks.

Chevy
04-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Just to add to the transcript above:

- was promised that in moving his family here that his kids could work in Canada... turned out to be false and found out after selling houses in the UK

- arguing with Mo over the starting line up resulted in him being late for team training sessions, didn't get time to work on set pieces, etc. Mo would wait till the Friday morning to question him

- didn't get the "pat on the back" for good decisions... always felt criticized

- not a fan of playing 3 in the back... towards the end of the season they went to that formation when Cummins had "had enough" of Mo's questioning/interference

- disappointed in himself for giving in and letting Mo have his way

- Mo would say to subs, "I can't believe you aren't playing"... undermining Cummins

- no real wing players to build a structure around... had to play 4-3-3 as a result.

This is the most telling comment.

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM
As I've said before, they need to take Mo out of the equation and make this Preki's team 100%.

Yes, but not just Preki on his own. It's become obvious that this team has always been scrambling because there has never been an experienced soccer guy in charge - a President of Soccer and then a GM.

This team has always been run on the cheap and it shows.

Stryker
04-26-2010, 11:57 AM
We all know Mo needs to go but Cummins still didn't know what he was doing.
Glad we have Preki now. Make it his ship and let him live or die by his own decissions.

Toronto_Bhoy
04-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Uh oh…it's all spilling out…

Mo a backstabbing liar??? Who would have thought that?

Can you say "shit storm"?

Hitcho
04-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Well if this is all true (and as much I think CC would probably tell the truth, he may be bitter and trying to twist things against Mo, we can't be certain I guess) then it's even more clear that Mo has got to go as soon as possible. I mean wtf - how can you possibly undermine the coach like that and create tensions and splits?

By the sounds of it, and from what we have seen and heard, Mo is a clueless, backstabbing, fuckwit that would sell out anything he could just for the sake of it. he's broken promises to players and staff, he's undermined players and staff, he's deliberately created schisms and rifts in the dressing room and he's openly lied (repeatedly) to the fans and media in press conferences. Is it any wonder no-one likes or trusts him?!

Cannot get him out of TFC fast enough.

MO MUST GO!!!

nascarguy
04-26-2010, 12:03 PM
yeah mo needs to stay out of the locker room he force JC and CC out & he is trying to do the same with preki.

rocker
04-26-2010, 12:10 PM
The line about players wanting more bonuses for the RM game was totally new to me. I was hoping Jack would ask for details. MLS has pretty strict rules on that stuff in the CBA.

I also thought the rift between Canadian and American players was interesting.

Waggy
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
... I feel sick. Props to KJ for not letting sleeping dogs lie (HA! double entendre!). Mo has to go. This is disgraceful. Absolutely disgraceful. It'd be nice if Carver stepped up to back up his mate too. The whole situation with 2 people being named coach....:picard:

tfc2007
04-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Yet another former TFC member coming out.
Whos next?

ilikemusic
04-26-2010, 12:19 PM
As I suspected all along. It sounds like Mo is an absolute shit head.

The sooner he gets fired the better.

Did we ever get an explanation/justification/confirmation that Mo got that big contract extension a year or two ago?

It is disgraceful that that sorry excuse for a man is still employed, never mind running the whole ****ing show.

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 12:20 PM

30 minute interview.

- no support from Mo

- suprised Jimmy retired

Guys...for those that know me and trust me in any way...then I can confirm almost everything that CC is giving us here from the player's point of view.

Which is why it was bugging me the whole "maybe Ali was the bad apple". If you guys knew Ali, you would have laughed at that immediately.

And now that you know what the true split in the locker room was, I can finally state that it's sad that a team that initially got along so well deteriorated so badly. And almost every player can attest that it either directly or indirectly led back to Mo.

What I personally didn't know is that Cummins was caught in the cross-hairs. I think I ragged on him far too much last year when so much wasn't in his hands or wasn't his fault. If I ever met him again, I will buy him a beer and personally apologize. He didn't deserve what happened to him and now I know he couldn't do much to resolve the issues there were in the locker room. The blame lies directly above him.

grizzle
04-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Interesting interview... just confirms a lot of the suspicions I am sure many of us had last year, with some new bits of info.

jabbronies
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Next up John Carver...make it happen KJ.

Red Baron
04-26-2010, 12:30 PM
Mo should have been fired after the loss to NY last year

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 12:31 PM

A-men...

dannyd
04-26-2010, 12:34 PM

It's starting to look like that loss wasn't such an accident? Maybe a "going away present" from CC to Mo?

Mo is a douche. It's nice that after four years, other people are starting to agree with the few of us who always saw him for what he is.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2010, 12:42 PM
And that confirms it... Mo has got to go. Even the sub-standard teams he DOES build he then ruins by being a micro-managing asshole.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 12:44 PM
It was Nick Dasovic that took the champagne out of the room not Nick Garcia.

Ben - D.O.W.
04-26-2010, 12:47 PM
So for those ragging on Gerba as being a bitter ex-player - does this interview change your opinions at all? I'm glad to hear he was giving his all last year despite being hurt, and had to be told to stop putting in extra work. Still don't think he got a fair shot this year. Can't listen to this at work but can't wait to hear it at home.

And for those who posted point form notes - thanks.

JDG
04-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I guess I was too slow to check this thread. When I tried to watch the video for myself, I got a message saying the video is no longer available for viewing.
Thanks for the summary!

TFC07
04-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Canadian players-US players conflict!

What was the issue about?

Shakes McQueen
For fucks sake, can we just fire Mo already?

- Scott

OHARARULES
Kristian Jack is on fire!!

who's next? Serioux, Robo, Carver?

madcow
04-26-2010, 12:55 PM
There's a shitstorm comin' for ya MO-therf*cka.............. Randy!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAJjM4aRniE

Stryker
04-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Unless MLSE are complete idiots they have to realise by now how much damage Mo is causing to the organization. It's a miracle we can get players to sign here at all with this twat in charge.

daner90
04-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Well Robbo has said since his departure from TFC that he has "shocking" news about his departure for us

olegunnar
04-26-2010, 12:59 PM
Unless MLSE are complete idiots they have to realise by now how much damage Mo is causing to the organization. It's a miracle we can get players to sign here at all with this twat in charge.

Might want to check the spelling in your avatar

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Explains why Serioux was dumped without testing his skills.
Preki got rid of the split in the locker room by getting rid of one side of the divide.

It's outrageous what happened, with Mo interfering like he did (no reason to doubt CC here, especially when it confirms what many others have been saying about Mo).

Now it seems clear that Preki is in control, not like CC. However, there is no reason to keep Mo around.

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 01:01 PM
We all know Mo needs to go but Cummins still didn't know what he was doing.
Glad we have Preki now. Make it his ship and let him live or die by his own decissions.

I disagree that Cummins didn't know what he was doing. He was thrust into a bad situation. He actually did pretty well considering he was a first time head coach. And you can say he didn't know what he was doing because it was his first time, but it's pretty clear that if he had his way, certain players wouldn't have started (Garcia anyone?). Garcia not starting in the San Jose game means we don't get scored on by ourselves and we make playoffs.

Cummins was our best coach to date (Preki judgement not included as it's far too early to make that comment) and he should have had us in playoffs were it not for Mo.

His biggest mistake was letting Mo have too much influence. And when it's your first time head coaching a first team squad, it's understandable. He expected support from Mo (the GM) and didn't get it. And he should have expected support.

I would be more than glad to have Cummins back at TFC sometime in the future.

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 01:03 PM
Well Robbo has said since his departure from TFC that he has "shocking" news about his departure for us

Now we know the truth (finally). Maybe Robbo will be willing now to tell his side and confirm things.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
I guess I was too slow to check this thread. When I tried to watch the video for myself, I got a message saying the video is no longer available for viewing.
Thanks for the summary!

Link still works.

Stryker
04-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Might want to check the spelling in your avatar
Thank you. :o

nascarguy
04-26-2010, 01:05 PM
MLSE are complete idiots

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 01:06 PM
This also explains why CC looked very good at the start, and poor near the end. At the end, Mo was coaching the team.

Cummins said he had to play 4-3-3 because he had not been provided with any wingers.

Mango Kid
04-26-2010, 01:08 PM
It was Nick Dasovic that took the champagne out of the room not Nick Garcia.

Clearly. Garcia would've dropped it.

I'm glad this stuff is finally coming to light, even though most won't be surprised Mo is the problem. If he ever goes, we're gonna be treated to some sensational rip jobs from players and management I suspect.

nascarguy
04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Explains why Serioux was dumped without testing his skills.
Preki got rid of the split in the locker room by getting rid of one side of the divide.

It's outrageous what happened, with Mo interfering like he did (no reason to doubt CC here, especially when it confirms what many others have been saying about Mo).

Now it seems clear that Preki is in control, not like CC. However, there is no reason to keep Mo around.
it's time for everyone to take a stand there is nothing Mo can do to save his job. I do not care what big name player mo sign for us.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Guys...for those that know me and trust me in any way...then I can confirm almost everything that CC is giving us here from the player's point of view.

Which is why it was bugging me the whole "maybe Ali was the bad apple". If you guys knew Ali, you would have laughed at that immediately.

And now that you know what the true split in the locker room was, I can finally state that it's sad that a team that initially got along so well deteriorated so badly. And almost every player can attest that it either directly or indirectly led back to Mo.

What I personally didn't know is that Cummins was caught in the cross-hairs. I think I ragged on him far too much last year when so much wasn't in his hands or wasn't his fault. If I ever met him again, I will buy him a beer and personally apologize. He didn't deserve what happened to him and now I know he couldn't do much to resolve the issues there were in the locker room. The blame lies directly above him.

Too true, early on we kept hearing stories about how closely-knit the group was. To go from that to a split into camps worthy of the best backstabbing TV show is a big problem.

rdroze
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Wow.

First Gerba, now Cummins. If this story makes the rounds through the other sports press in the same way that the Gerba story did, how does Mo keep his job? Could this finally be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

This could be very embarrassing to MLSE.

ensco
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Sooo...I wonder how DeRo and Barrett are doing today......

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Is it just me, or does Kristian Jack seem to seamlessly switch from a Canadian accent to a British one and back again constantly?

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
All I can say is WOW. Gotta love the age of information technology when the truth inevitably surfaces.

I met Chris Cummins at the waterfront rally last year after the Miracle in Montreal and he was a true gentleman. Unfortunately he was forced into a situation that he was obviously unprepared for with little to no authority on personnel decisions upon Carver's abrupt departure. I have no ill will towards either Carver or Cummins considering the circumstances.

I will always appreciate MoJo for his role in drafting key prospects, lobbying for a grass pitch, and bringing home the likes of DeRo and JDG. However, in light of the recent information that has become public, I don't think his dismissal can occur soon enough.

If TFC does continue to improve this season to the point of sustained success on the pitch, and I suspect they will, he deserves little credit. It is obvious that Preki is running this team on his terms without any interference from above which can only help this club moving forward.

MLSE has to realize that despite his contributions to the profit margin, MoJo will continue to be a deteriment to this club in terms of the franchise image if his contract is extended beyond this season. Perception is reality. At some point his involvement with the franchise in any capacity might deter prospective valued players and front office types from joining the organization...

GTA_WOLF
04-26-2010, 01:17 PM
I am in no way going to defend Mo, actually, I think it was absurd that we went through an entire pre-season with no real semblence of a squad. But that being said, CC was no sacrificial lamb hung out to dry. I heard many rumblings CC was a big part of the problem last year, and that a large faction of the players did not like him. I only met the bloke once, but he did come across as an arrogant SOB. It's never a good thing when the GM and Coach don't get along, so if that was the case, then Mo should have got rid of CC and let Daso finish out the season. I also hate these post-employment interviews, more often than not you get nothing more than shit disturbing and sour grapes (which this sounds a lot like).

I can only hope that this team continues to improve over the next few weeks, a win on the road will certainly do wonders. But the minute they look like they're going in reverse then Anselmi needs to get the cleaver out and make a quick chop of the GM.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I disagree that Cummins didn't know what he was doing. He was thrust into a bad situation. He actually did pretty well considering he was a first time head coach. And you can say he didn't know what he was doing because it was his first time, but it's pretty clear that if he had his way, certain players wouldn't have started (Garcia anyone?). Garcia not starting in the San Jose game means we don't get scored on by ourselves and we make playoffs.

Cummins was our best coach to date (Preki judgement not included as it's far too early to make that comment) and he should have had us in playoffs were it not for Mo.

His biggest mistake was letting Mo have too much influence. And when it's your first time head coaching a first team squad, it's understandable. He expected support from Mo (the GM) and didn't get it. And he should have expected support.

I would be more than glad to have Cummins back at TFC sometime in the future.

It does cast CC in a much better light tactically. Often last year I was baffled as to his selections and the explanation appears to be that it was a Frankenstein-esque mish mash of two different persons' starting XI. I still don't think CC is a tactical genius (he doesn't have the most experience), but suddenly this makes a lot more sense.

It's easy to criticize CC (well not that anyone really is doing that right now) and say that he shouldn't have let Mo have so much influence but if you think about it, it was his first time as manager so you don't have the experience/track record to back up your decisions and Mo gave him the job so he probably wanted to be a team player and be accommodating. And before he knew it, it got out of control.

This latest interview feels like we went from: arguing Mo should be fired based on our own interpretations of what we see (and real, genuine arguments) to being floored as to how he isn't yet when the proof to our argument is delivered on a silver platter.

menefreghista
04-26-2010, 01:21 PM

Johnston should have been fired in 2008 after the Canadian Championship failure.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Sooo...I wonder how DeRo and Barrett are doing today......

I'm sure they're fine.

I still don't understand this Canada vs. US split.

So it was Brennan, DeRo, Serioux, Gerba, JDG, Nana vs Barrett, Cronin, Wynne, Garcia, Edwards?

Where did that leave Dichio, Robinson, Guevara, Vitti, Frei, etc?

To me... that doesn't add up.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Mo should have never been given an extension last summer. That was the problem.

Derko
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM

I don't normally take any of the 'former player stuff', because it tends to be a little over the top. But I agree with Red Baron's statement above.

Now let's play proper football,eh!

:scarf: :drinking:

Wagner
04-26-2010, 01:27 PM
are these interviews why KJ isn't invited to things like Brennan's retirement presser? with only Nigel asking tough questions??

jloome
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Also explains why I got that rather bizarre "serioux and robinson are the problem" leak that I posted here a few months ago.

Maybe it was Marvell,Nick and Mo versus Robbo, Danny and Adrian.

rocker
04-26-2010, 01:34 PM
I'm sure they're fine.

I still don't understand this Canada vs. US split.

So it was Brennan, DeRo, Serioux, Gerba, JDG, Nana vs Barrett, Cronin, Wynne, Garcia, Edwards?

Where did that leave Dichio, Robinson, Guevara, Vitti, Frei, etc?

To me... that doesn't add up.

It could be just 1 v 1 on either side, with a couple of the others defending a favourite :)

Hypothetically, Serioux could lay into Garcia for being a useless piece of shit, and maybe an American sticks up for Garcia, then DeRo weighs in for Serioux.. who knows.. sounds like schoolyard stuff.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
^^
See to me that's more logical. (@ Jeremy)

And Jimmy in the middle trying to patch things up.

If Robbo, Serioux and Dichio are in the middle holding the team together than I could see as something like forwards vs defenders or Garcia + 1 versus everyone else.

I think more and more Garcia was/is the bad apple. But then again, he's the union rep. And usually those guys tend to be "good teammates".

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 01:43 PM
Kudos to KJ for this interview.

With this, he is certainly on Mo's list as a "non co-operative" journalist.

ilikemusic
04-26-2010, 01:45 PM
are these interviews why KJ isn't invited to things like Brennan's retirement presser? with only Nigel asking tough questions??

Probably.

As I've said before, I get the impression that they are interested in TFC, but they have no time for the mickey mouse bullshit that seems to permeate the club, mostly due to Mo Johnston's personality and tactics. As such, they dont get invited to MLSE's pressers because they arent willing to treat the club with kid gloves.

bgnewf
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM

Mo and Jimmy Brennan BOTH threw Kristian under the proverbial bus a the press conference announcing Jimmy's retirement from playing. They both unequivocally stated that KJs reporting of a player rift was complete crap.

However now we have a player in Gerba and a former interim coach in Cummins revealing that there was indeed the very rift that Mo AND Brennan said did not exist.

Kristian Jack has been right as rain on his TFC reporting. Slagging of him by TFC management is sour grapes directed to someone who is asking the tough and embarrassing questions they do not want to answer.

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 01:48 PM
It could be just 1 v 1 on either side, with a couple of the others defending a favourite :)

Hypothetically, Serioux could lay into Garcia for being a useless piece of shit, and maybe an American sticks up for Garcia, then DeRo weighs in for Serioux.. who knows.. sounds like schoolyard stuff.

For the record, Garcia is a useless piece of shit.

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 01:49 PM
If Mo is like this with his own team, imagine what he is like with other clubs. No wonder no one wants to deal with him.

This of course, hurts TFC's chances to get players from MLS sources.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
There's something about Brennan that doesn't sit right with me.

He was the captain of the team. He loves the club, we get that.

Yet he didn't speak out after the NYRB debacle.
He denies any rift in the locker room. Yet there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

I don't know maybe I'm thinking stuff up...

Ossington Mental Youth
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
no surprises, here Cummins was definitely above his head here but Mo didnt make it any better by any means. He needs to get fired ASAP, dudes a cancer. At this point id say its mostly preki's team but it wouldnt hurt for it to be 100% his.

Shaughno
04-26-2010, 01:52 PM

He denies any rift in the locker room. Yet there is evidence to suggest otherwise.

You aren't the only one whoop.

no surprises, here Cummins was definitely above his head here but Mo didnt make it any better by any means. He needs to get fired ASAP, dudes a cancer. At this point id say its mostly preki's team but it wouldnt hurt for it to be 100% his.

Agreed.

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2010, 01:52 PM
How does he still have a job? Honestly. I realize that bogus complaints exist but when these types of reports keep surfacing how does his employer not stand up and take notice? It's an embarrasment, it really is. If Mo was employed by any other organization he would be under serious scrutiny. I have nothing against MLSE but they will be making themselves look reidculous if they don't act upon this. I would assume that when he left Cummins did an exit interview and some of these issue popped up then......what happened at the time?

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
KJ just backed up the bus and ran over Mo Johnston, with an assist from Chris Cummins.

Just shows you how shady this guy is at doing business considering there seems to be no shortage of people who want to risk their own reputations to slag him publicly.

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Ditto on your opinion of Brennan Whoopee ... that one doesn't sit right with me either.

ilikemusic
04-26-2010, 01:55 PM

He strikes me as a pure company man.

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2010, 01:58 PM
He strikes me as a pure company man.

Brennan is very much the 'company boy.' Mo's 'company boy.'

ensco
04-26-2010, 01:59 PM

For me this started when he took the paid Fieldturf gig in 2007.

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 02:00 PM

A man has to take care of his family. His opportunities with MLSE would have declined significantly if he would have spoken out...same with Danny D. Dichio never spoke out, but he was quietly causing problems. There's a reason why the two of them are still with the club, and that's because they kept their mouths shut. I wouldn't be surprised if they cast De Rosario out of the club when he retires (assuming Mo is still there) because De Ro loves the club too much.

I don't blame players for not wanting to speak out in a virtual police "club" (like state...get it).

MarkoftheDrink
04-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Funny how 'some people' said Robo and Serioux were a problem (though CC says otherwise) and Preki comes in and they're gone... I wonder what the story is behind that. I'm sure Robo has an interesting tail to tell. Sounds like Mo is running quite the shit show.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 02:01 PM
You aren't the only one whoop.

That's why I'm not into this whole lets glorify players stuff. At the end of the day, they're looking after only one person, themselves. Which is their right.

As for the captain you're the one that to face the music a la Sam Cronin. And as a captain, if Mo is going behind everyone's backs, Brennan should have the ability to go to someone to point this out.

And at the end of the day, part of being a captain is to be in "charge of the room". I mean even the 16 year olds I interview know that. Was Brennan that oblivious to what was going on - i.e. Mo interference to the point it caused problems in the locker room?

When Mo was screwing around with Cummins, did Brennan help out Cummins and tell Mo to stay out of the locker room? I mean if Cummins is hearing this stuff... isn't the captain hearing this as well?

As much as Mo is a weasel, the onus on the locker room rift falls on the players. Period. They're the grown men. I don't buy the Canada-US split when there were like only 4 US players on the team.

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 02:04 PM
That's why I'm not into this whole lets glorify players stuff. At the end of the day, they're looking after only one person, themselves. Which is their right.

As for the captain you're the one that to face the music a la Sam Cronin. And as a captain, if Mo is going behind everyone's backs, Brennan should have the ability to go to someone to point this out.

And at the end of the day, part of being a captain is to be in "charge of the room". I mean even the 16 year olds I interview know that. Was Brennan that oblivious to what was going on - i.e. Mo interference to the point it caused problems in the locker room?

When Mo was screwing around with Cummins, did Brennan help out Cummins and tell Mo to stay out of the locker room? I mean if Cummins is hearing this stuff... isn't the captain hearing this as well?

As much as Mo is a weasel, the onus on the locker room rift falls on the players. Period. They're the grown men. I don't buy the Canada-US split when there were like only 4 US players on the team.

There were 5 americans, so I can see it...

Wynne, Ibrahim, Cronin, Edwards, Barrett, Garcia...maybe somebody marginal i forgot about.

Super Cereal
04-26-2010, 02:05 PM

No no, I completely agree.

It seems like a funny coincidence that KJ brought up the idea of a rift, former players and coach confirm them, while the 2 who deny it both work for Toronto FC.

Shaughno
Agreed again Whoop. There was definitely a split, and it might have been some CDN's vs some US players, but I seriously doubt it was a sheer us vs them nationalistic bullshit rift.

Wagner
Ditto on your opinion of Brennan Whoopee ... that one doesn't sit right with me either.

i think it's clear which side brennan is on.

- first player signed by mo.
- same Agency as mo.
- now is MoJo's bitch in the office.

hard to be captain when you're so tight with mgmt.

The captain is kind of like the union rep of the team.
and MoJo is management.
by Jimmy B and Mojo being super tight...that wouldn't sit well with players that have a real beef.
Like wanting a bonus for playing Real Madrid...or having catering reduced...whatever the issues were.

The question is....was Jimmy B just a yes man that tried to make too many people happy...or did he know what he was doing...being a mgmt rep in a "union" position? Was Jimmy Naive or cunning?

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 02:06 PM
For me this started when he took the paid Fieldturf gig in 2007.

Funny how this is the first time you've mentioned it in 3-1/2 years. I suppose there is something nefarious behind Freddy Ljuneberg playing on turf, as well.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 02:07 PM
How many of those were starters?

And Gerba and JDG didn't join the team until later.

So out of a squad of 20+ it was 4 vs. 4?

Brennan is one of the Canadians. If as Cummins says Robbo, Dichio and Serioux (which I'm inclined to believe as I always felt it was really Danny's team) were the ones trying to keep the peace where was Brennan? It's part of his job to keep the peace.

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Kristian Jack has been right as rain on his TFC reporting. Slagging of him by TFC management is sour grapes directed to someone who is asking the tough and embarrassing questions they do not want to answer.

Never doubted KJ for a moment and I am happy he has been vindicated.

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM

It's no secret I am not Preki fan...but I certainly would prefer a team that only has Preki over a team that has Preki AND Mo.

Mo needs to go. There just isn't any point in talking about it anymore, MLSE needs to simply do it.

Shaughno
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Funny how this is the first time you've mentioned it in 3-1/2 years. I suppose there is something nefarious behind Freddy Ljuneberg playing on turf, as well.

Not about PLAYING on it.... being a spokesperson for it. ;)

Whoop
04-26-2010, 02:17 PM
It's not about speaking out... a captain doesn't let stuff like rifts get out.

It's handled internally.

With the media:
- You defend your teammates even if you don't like him.
- You can motivate your teammates by calling them out in the media... without calling them out.

And it's about respect as well.

It's like Wagner says... you're the "union rep" for the team. If there is an issue with the team you go to management to rectify it.

For example, Cummins mentioned "bonuses" about the RM match. Maybe Mo said something like "you guys aren't getting bonuses" and the guys go ape shit tell Brennan to do something about it as captain and he doesn't. Or maybe Brennan and Dichio don't see eye to eye on something.

Long story short... you're the captain... your biggest responsibility to make sure most of the guys in the locker room get along and if they don't... you have to fix it or find a solution.

That's what irritates me about this locker room rift.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 02:21 PM
i think it's clear which side brennan is on.

- first player signed by mo.
- same Agency as mo.
- now is MoJo's bitch in the office.

hard to be captain when you're so tight with mgmt.

The captain is kind of like the union rep of the team.
and MoJo is management.
by Jimmy B and Mojo being super tight...that wouldn't sit well with players that have a real beef.
Like wanting a bonus for playing Real Madrid...or having catering reduced...whatever the issues were.

The question is....was Jimmy B just a yes man that tried to make too many people happy...or did he know what he was doing...being a mgmt rep in a "union" position? Was Jimmy Naive or cunning?

Should have read the whole post Wags.

It's a good one.

Did the players finally find out about Brennan?

Did he retire early because he couldn't face being in the same locker room with some of the guys who probably called him out the previous year?

Again, the early retirement was also odd.

spark
04-26-2010, 02:29 PM
If Mo is like this with his own team, imagine what he is like with other clubs. No wonder no one wants to deal with him.

This of course, hurts TFC's chances to get players from MLS sources.

QFT - I have heard this from several different people - that once Mo and Barry are out of the picture (and hopefully someone who has any idea of how to conduct themselves in a professional business-like manner comes in) we'll see a difference in the players who we could sign.

I mean, no disrespect to some of these guys, but Mo signs two guys who've already retired from football and from what I've been told Eastern Euros/Russians are generally the cheap/bottom of the barrel options when dealing with player agents. Cann held firm to his worth and would have walked away but Mo had no other choice but to sign him.

wzhxvy
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
Anselmi, time is up. Stop hiding your problem and fix it once and for all. This is disgraceful.

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Anselmi, time is up. Stop hiding your problem and fix it once and for all. This is disgraceful.

It's too bad this interview is getting so much more interest than the article Paul James wrote about the difference in front office set-up between TFC and Vancouver.

It would be nice if Anselmi fixed the problem once and for all, as you say, but first it would be good to determine the depth of the problem. Maybe it all starts and stops with one guy, maybe not.

wzhxvy
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
It's too bad this interview is getting so much more interest than the article Paul James wrote about the difference in front office set-up between TFC and Vancouver.

It would be nice if Anselmi fixed the problem once and for all, as you say, but first it would be good to determine the depth of the problem. Maybe it all starts and stops with one guy, maybe not.

Listen I agree with you. This is a circus. To have Paul and Tom greeting the players after the win, is a joke. Paul has no business doing that and Mo should have been there instead or with Tom. That display tells me either Mo is already fired (or has been told he is until a replacement is found), or Tom thinks this kind of leadership is OK.

I hope for the sake of the team that its a signal that Tom is saying I am in charge until we replace the red headed monster. If Tom thinks its OK to act in that manner, then we have a bigger problem (aka signing Mo to an extension in secret)...if that is how he does business, god help us.

Gixmo
04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Just watched it..

Ouch..

Darlofletch
04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
I imagine when Mo was trying to persuade jimmy to give up on europe and come over, he was promised a management job when he was done, so he probably didn't want to speak out too much in case he pissed Mo off. Which is really not ideal in a captain who should have the players back against management.

as for dressing room splits, I'd love to know what was going on there, but De Ro certainly looks a lot happier and more productive now that lots of people have left and he's been made captain than he did towards the end of last year.

bgnewf
04-26-2010, 03:20 PM
In Defence of Kristian Jack

My take on the interview today

http://www.tfcpics.com (http://www.tfcpics.com/)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, I have a few friends I have met through supporting Toronto FC that work at The Score Sports Channel. None of them are named Kristian Jack.

I have never met the man but I consider myself a fan of his work. I watch the Footy Show religiously and download/listen to the podcasts whenever I can. My only issue with the man is his choice of English Premiership sides he supports. He can’t be blamed for being a Villa Fan I guess.

Connected TFC fans will of course know that Kristian has been quite critical of many things Toronto FC, especially the product on the pitch. And he certainly has not been alone on that front. However I think some fans are not getting the fact that journalism and opinion are two different things. Sometimes outspoken journalists can at times appear to have an agenda and they use their reporting to push a specific agenda along. I do not think that is the case with Kristian Jack.

In the press conference announcing the retirement of Captain Jim Brennan, a reporter asked Jim and Mo to comment on a piece written by Kristian that stated that there were serious issues between groups of players in the locker room during the tail end of Toronto FC’s unsuccessful campaign in 2009 to get into the playoffs. Both Mo and Jimmy then proceeded to state that this was an outright lie and that the source of the piece (Kristian) could not be trusted to report the truth. It was arguably the biggest slap down a journalist has received from TFC since the inception of the team.

In the last 10 days Kristian has scored interviews with both Ali Gerba and former Interim Head Coach Chris Cummins that in both instances confirm what Kristian alleged about the dissention in the locker room was absolutely true.

Some TFC fans are questioning both the content of the interviews and the timing of their release. The Score confirmed that the interview with Cummins was done yesterday afternoon, so there was no inherent “plan” to try and get back at TFC for slagging them

It is not Kristian Jack's job to break news at a time and place of Toronto FC's convenience.

It is his job to try and get interviews and break news that others do not have. With Gerba and now Cummins, he appears to have done that. And the fact that in certain aspects of each interview two separate sources are publicly backing KJs previous assertion, that Mo and Brennan BOTH denied by the way, of dissention in the locker room last season is newsworthy is it not??

Some fans on the message boards are implying that he was sitting on this interview for a bit and intentionally posted this today just to take the piss out of TFC after a nice win yesterday. I don't buy it.

Ben Knight said in his excellent Onward Soccer blog last week that the talk in the press box, where he watches each home game, is that virtually all of the Toronto press that cover the club do not believe most of what comes out of the mouth of Mo Johnston. If that is again the case where is the "agenda"???

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Listen I agree with you. This is a circus. To have Paul and Tom greeting the players after the win, is a joke. Paul has no business doing that and Mo should have been there instead or with Tom. That display tells me either Mo is already fired (or has been told he is until a replacement is found), or Tom thinks this kind of leadership is OK.

I hope for the sake of the team that its a signal that Tom is saying I am in charge until we replace the red headed monster. If Tom thinks its OK to act in that manner, then we have a bigger problem (aka signing Mo to an extension in secret)...if that is how he does business, god help us.

At the end of last season Anselmi gave an interview where he said they were pleased with the job Mo was doing and he talked about all kinds of stuff off the field. He said they ealuated all that.

From the very beginning people should have been more concerned that they had one inexperienced guy setting up the whole expansion team. Never mind the particular guy and how people feel about him personally, setting up an entirely new team shouldn't have been up to one guy.

Maybe MLSE think because they're in the sports business they didn't need more executives. Maybe they thought they didn't need to spend the money. How much is Vancouver spending on Lenarduzzi, Paul Barber and Soehn? A lot more than TFC are paying for one guy.

Who knows, maybe they have some scouts, too.

But hey, it worked. TFC hired one guy instead of three and he takes all the heat. Now all they have to do to "clean up the mess" is dump the one guy. And replace him with one guy.

Dos anyone think Vancouver is going to miss the playoffs for its first three years in MLS?

ensco
04-26-2010, 03:30 PM

I'm not sure what you mean, but I can assure you, I have commented repeatedly, at the time it was announced and later, on how much it bothered me that Captain Brennan took the job as paying spokesperson for Fieldturf, in opposition to the true interest of the club and its fans.

And yes, I do understand his right to make a living. He was entitled to do it. You and I didn't have to like it.

Heathen
04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Agreed again Whoop. There was definitely a split, and it might have been some CDN's vs some US players, but I seriously doubt it was a sheer us vs them nationalistic bullshit rift.

Maybe it was Mancs v Scousers :D

TorCanSoc
04-26-2010, 03:39 PM
Crazy shit storm. What bugs me is this Canadian-American rift thing. What the hell could that be about?

Heathen
Much as I appreciate his investigative journalism, a certain part of me would love to see KJs face if MLSE bought The Score

jloome
Mo and Jimmy Brennan BOTH threw Kristian under the proverbial bus a the press conference announcing Jimmy's retirement from playing. They both unequivocally stated that KJs reporting of a player rift was complete crap.

However now we have a player in Gerba and a former interim coach in Cummins revealing that there was indeed the very rift that Mo AND Brennan said did not exist.

Uh no, we don't need fiction to cloud this already cloudy situation. Jimmy didn't deny a locker-room rift, he denied that HE had a blow up with Preki.
And Gerba suggested Jimmy was unhappy, he didn't say he'd blown up at Preki.

So we still have not seen a sourced version of that story.

But generally, yeah, he's doing a good job of talking to the right people.

Red Rat
04-26-2010, 03:41 PM
My question is this?
How much of this is the FO aware of? I must think that they know and this is not new to them. Is that 5 year contract signed with any clause that we have to endure the presence of Mo until the contract runs out?
and once he departs would the skeletons ever leave the closet?

rr

jloome
04-26-2010, 03:44 PM
In Defence of Kristian Jack

My take on the interview today

http://www.tfcpics.com (http://www.tfcpics.com/)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record, I have a few friends I have met through supporting Toronto FC that work at The Score Sports Channel. None of them are named Kristian Jack.

I have never met the man but I consider myself a fan of his work. I watch the Footy Show religiously and download/listen to the podcasts whenever I can. My only issue with the man is his choice of English Premiership sides he supports. He can’t be blamed for being a Villa Fan I guess.

Connected TFC fans will of course know that Kristian has been quite critical of many things Toronto FC, especially the product on the pitch. And he certainly has not been alone on that front. However I think some fans are not getting the fact that journalism and opinion are two different things. Sometimes outspoken journalists can at times appear to have an agenda and they use their reporting to push a specific agenda along. I do not think that is the case with Kristian Jack.

In the press conference announcing the retirement of Captain Jim Brennan, a reporter asked Jim and Mo to comment on a piece written by Kristian that stated that there were serious issues between groups of players in the locker room during the tail end of Toronto FC’s unsuccessful campaign in 2009 to get into the playoffs. Both Mo and Jimmy then proceeded to state that this was an outright lie and that the source of the piece (Kristian) could not be trusted to report the truth. It was arguably the biggest slap down a journalist has received from TFC since the inception of the team.

In the last 10 days Kristian has scored interviews with both Ali Gerba and former Interim Head Coach Chris Cummins that in both instances confirm what Kristian alleged about the dissention in the locker room was absolutely true.

Some TFC fans are questioning both the content of the interviews and the timing of their release. The Score confirmed that the interview with Cummins was done yesterday afternoon, so there was no inherent “plan” to try and get back at TFC for slagging them

It is not Kristian Jack's job to break news at a time and place of Toronto FC's convenience.

It is his job to try and get interviews and break news that others do not have. With Gerba and now Cummins, he appears to have done that. And the fact that in certain aspects of each interview two separate sources are publicly backing KJs previous assertion, that Mo and Brennan BOTH denied by the way, of dissention in the locker room last season is newsworthy is it not??

Some fans on the message boards are implying that he was sitting on this interview for a bit and intentionally posted this today just to take the piss out of TFC after a nice win yesterday. I don't buy it.

Ben Knight said in his excellent Onward Soccer blog last week that the talk in the press box, where he watches each home game, is that virtually all of the Toronto press that cover the club do not believe most of what comes out of the mouth of Mo Johnston. If that is again the case where is the "agenda"???

Again, I've had this debate on here before, presented numerous occasions where Jack and the guys at the Score and other channels have been too aggressive in non-sourced material that later turns out to be wrong.

So please, get off the high fucking horse. I've been a reporter and editor for over 20 years and nobody --- NOBODY -- covers this team well. Molinaro comes closest, but again, whether through limitations of time, experience or demand, he hasn't scored some of the interviews he should have.

Jack has. But that's a long way from being consistently accurate with public sources. And your explanation of his handling of the Jimmy blowup thing is just wack, because if Ali's interview was his source, he torqued it well beyond what Gerba said.

I don't think Kristian has an agenda any different from any other broadcast journalist -- to get tape, get a good story, keep their job. But that doesn't equate to good coverage. This team receives zero good beat coverage.

For an example of how it SHOULD be done, read Steve Goff at the Washington Post. For one thing, his accuracy track record over the last four years is right around 99%.

Stryker
04-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Well if KJ can complete the trifecta and get Robinson to spill the beans I'm sure he'd have the most damaging info yet.
Surely it'd be enough to toss Mo out on his ass

Whoop
04-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Maybe we should get Goff to look at TFC and figure out what's going on...

Waggy
04-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Again, I've had this debate on here before, presented numerous occasions where Jack and the guys at the Score and other channels have been too aggressive in non-sourced material that later turns out to be wrong.

So please, get off the high fucking horse. I've been a reporter and editor for over 20 years and nobody --- NOBODY -- covers this team well. Molinaro comes closest, but again, whether through limitations of time, experience or demand, he hasn't scored some of the interviews he should have.

Jack has. But that's a long way from being consistently accurate with public sources. And your explanation of his handling of the Jimmy blowup thing is just wack, because if Ali's interview was his source, he torqued it well beyond what Gerba said.

I don't think Kristian has an agenda any different from any other broadcast journalist -- to get tape, get a good story, keep their job. But that doesn't equate to good coverage. This team receives zero good beat coverage.

For an example of how it SHOULD be done, read Steve Goff at the Washington Post. For one thing, his accuracy track record over the last four years is right around 99%.

All due respect Jeremy, but (and I'm not a journalist), isn't it considered poor form to print a story with unnamed sources that aren't backed up by more than one source? Just because Ali was the only one who came forward (until CC anyways) doesn't mean KJ didn't talk to others who chose to speak off the record. As to KJ's level of competence/success, comparing everyone to the best in the business isn't really that fair. Goff's the best for a reason. The beat writers covering TFC are all fairly new to this, they don't have extensive contacts around the league (as Goff does), they're feeling their way out. And dealing with a front office that may as well be run by Goebbels. They'll get better.

Back on track: this whole mess seems like it won't get properly sorted out until the principles are removed. As was already mentioned, once Mo is gone I'd imagine we'll see quite a few more former players and possibly managers speaking out. Maybe one day we'll really know what happened in the first 3.5 years at TFC. It'd make for a hell of a book (HEY! Maybe that was Mo's master plan all along...)

Toronto_Bhoy
04-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Jloome, how accurate do you think CC's assessment of his TFC experience is?

This thread isn't about the quality of Jack's coverage…it's about what Chris Cummins said in his interview about his time at TFC.

Like any "former" employee there will be a degree of bitterness but what I find interesting is what Cummins has said, for the most part, isn't new(s). We've heard most of this stuff before.

As a journalist, if a key figure tells you something (especially on tape) you have to make a decision is this guy telling me the truth/do I run with this story? But this isn't a story…it's an interview…being told in his (CC) words not Jack's. If KJ had written this in his blog…I agree…its hearsay…but its an interview.

By the way…what’s the name of your horse.

Stryker
04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Or who do you write for? I'd like to see what 20 years of experience gets you these days.

nascarguy
04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
it looks like jimmy and dichio were both force off the team

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 04:25 PM
My question is this?
How much of this is the FO aware of? I must think that they know and this is not new to them. Is that 5 year contract signed with any clause that we have to endure the presence of Mo until the contract runs out?
and once he departs would the skeletons ever leave the closet?

rr

They're aware of all of this. They just feel that for the money they're spending, it's acceptable.

If they wanted a better run front office, they'd spend more on it.

CretanBull
04-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Well if KJ can complete the trifecta and get Robinson to spill the beans I'm sure he'd have the most damaging info yet.
Surely it'd be enough to toss Mo out on his ass

KJ has been trying to get Robbo to commit to an interview. Not surprisingly, considering he's still a player in the league (under MLS contract, not NYRB contract) he's got some professional concerns. What seems clear though is that with Gerba and Cummings already airing a lot of problems, the pressure is off Robbo to 'break' the story so hopefully the odds of him agreeing to an interview have gone up.

Redcoe15
04-26-2010, 04:44 PM
If you aren't yet convinced Mo Johnston should be fired, then Kristen Jack's interview with Chris Cummins should do it. Mo is the real cancer on this franchise.

brad
04-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Anyway you slice it, MoJo getting negative press in the mainstream media is a very good thing.

jabbronies
04-26-2010, 04:53 PM
Two former employees have come out and spoke about how Mo unprofessional has been. I buy it.

Especially considering there were rumours of unrest due to Mo prior to these guys coming out. This just seems to back it up.

Bitter or not, these two guys have similar opinions of the situation. I'm sure there are other bitter ex-players who'll come out and talk about it later on.

Ontario Arab
04-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Uh oh…it's all spilling out…

Mo a backstabbing liar??? Who would have thought that?

Can you say "shit storm"?

Now why would you say that lol?

CretanBull
04-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Especially considering there were rumours of unrest due to Mo prior to these guys coming out. This just seems to back it up.

That's the key IMO. We're not really hearing anything new, we're just getting confirmation of things that we've already heard before from a number of different sources.

jloome
04-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Jloome, how accurate do you think CC's assessment of his TFC experience is?

This thread isn't about the quality of Jack's coverage…it's about what Chris Cummins said in his interview about his time at TFC.

Like any "former" employee there will be a degree of bitterness but what I find interesting is what Cummins has said, for the most part, isn't new(s). We've heard most of this stuff before.

As a journalist, if a key figure tells you something (especially on tape) you have to make a decision is this guy telling me the truth/do I run with this story? But this isn't a story…it's an interview…being told in his (CC) words not Jack's. If KJ had written this in his blog…I agree…its hearsay…but its an interview.

My horse's name is kind of a mouthful: "Actual experience and a track record."

As for the unnamed sources thing, the exponential growth of unnamed sources -- and competitive speed at the sake of accuracy -- is a big part of why my industry is crumbling in the wake of public apathy and downright distaste towards the media.

So any time I see something flagged as excellent journalism, I tend to start look at whether it stands up to scrutiny, because we actually DO NEED excellent journalism but are getting very little of it.

But you're right, good on him for actually getting the interview.

Having said that, "I printed the whole interview," is often just a modern excuse for "I didn't try to confirm what he said was true, because I didn't have to."

Ultimately, our job is to try to get the public accurate information. All truth may be somewhat subjective, but ONE interview is never enough. If people want to call it a good column, then so be it, it's a good column. But that's not the same thing as good journalism.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
It's an interview, not a story.

If KJ was going to do a story on say "The Rift between Canada-US players in TFC" he could use this as sourced information BUT he would have to get other sides to it to corroborate what CC says.

At the end of the day... it's just an interview and one side of things.

But, in essence, it's just more evidence of what many know to be true.

CretanBull
04-26-2010, 05:38 PM
My horse's name is kind of a mouthful: "Actual experience and a track record."

As for the unnamed sources thing, the exponential growth of unnamed sources -- and competitive speed at the sake of accuracy -- is a big part of why my industry is crumbling in the wake of public apathy and downright distaste towards the media.

So any time I see something flagged as excellent journalism, I tend to start look at whether it stands up to scrutiny, because we actually DO NEED excellent journalism but are getting very little of it.

But you're right, good on him for actually getting the interview.

Having said that, "I printed the whole interview," is often just a modern excuse for "I didn't try to confirm what he said was true, because I didn't have to."

Ultimately, our job is to try to get the public accurate information. All truth may be somewhat subjective, but ONE interview is never enough. If people want to call it a good column, then so be it, it's a good column. But that's not the same thing as good journalism.

I know what you're getting at, but this a one on one interview and it's presented as such. There's no need for multiple sources or confirmation of facts, clearly they are offering one person's view of their own experience and thats the grain of salt that it should be taken with.

Having said that, and refering to my post above, the real story here isn't that Cummings broke a story that we hadn't heard before, he merely confirmed (via his experiences) what we've been hearing for the past year or so. In that regard, this interview is an important part of a puzzle - that in a way each of us are left to put together on our own.

jloome
04-26-2010, 05:42 PM
I know what you're getting at, but this a one on one interview and it's presented as such. There's no need for multiple sources or confirmation of facts, clearly they are offering one person's view of their own experience and thats the grain of salt that it should be taken with.

Having said that, and refering to my post above, the real story here isn't that Cummings broke a story that we hadn't heard before, he merely confirmed (via his experiences) what we've been hearing for the past year or so. In that regard, this interview is an important part of a puzzle - that in a way each of us are left to put together on our own.

Absolutely.

On principle, however, I'd like to see the "Johnston refused a chance to comment" line in there somewhere, if for no other reasons than a) balance and b) it forces Mo to either respond or tighten his own noose with his silence.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM
The interview was conducted yesterday apparently. Maybe KJ will try to get Mo to respond in due time?

ensco
04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Absolutely.

On principle, however, I'd like to see the "Johnston refused a chance to comment" line in there somewhere, if for no other reasons than a) balance and b) it forces Mo to either respond or tighten his own noose with his silence.

Sure, I get that, but it's a nuance in this case. Really, what is Mo possibly going to say to this reporter on this story other than "no comment"?

Either way, whether CC is a "good guy" or not, or "knew what he was doing" or not, it is a damning indictment of Mo.

Mo put CC in there instead of going down on the field himself. It was his decision to do that, and he owns that decision, and all its consequences.

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2010, 05:50 PM
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22136

DichioTFC
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
i met CC a couple times, once at the open practice and a time at a bar in mississauga. he was class all the way, and i told him he was the best coach in the MLS for bringing home the cup (we both knew it was embellishment, but I just wanted to thank him for demolishing Montreal).

i feel guilty for piling on him at the end of last season and misdirecting my anger. i didnt realize that he had been as shafted as he was. stuff happen in sports all the time, but dude sold his house and brought his family over, he intended to make a life for his family in Canada and thats a story that we call admire on a personal level.

Mo Jiggily Johnson's time is up... the question isn't if, its when.

CretanBull
04-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Absolutely.

If KJ does "A" though it seems as if he's setting up a confrontation between Cummings and Mo. In fairness, KJ should offer Mo a chance at "B" in the form of his own sit-down.

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Sure, I get that, but it's a nuance in this case. Really, what is Mo possibly going to say to this reporter on this story other than "no comment"?

Either way, whether CC is a "good guy" or not, or "knew what he was doing" or not, it is a damning indictment of Mo.

Mo put CC in there instead of going down on the field himself. It was his decision to do that, and he owns that decision, and all its consequences.

Yes, and that's really the problem here. As Paul James pointed out, who does Mo have to talk these things over with? Anselmi?

Putting one guy with so little experience in charge of building and running a team from the ground up is damning indictment all right, but who's really to blame for it?

ensco
04-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Yes, and that's really the problem here. As Paul James pointed out, who does Mo have to talk these things over with? Anselmi?

Putting one guy with so little experience in charge of building and running a team from the ground up is damning indictment all right, but who's really to blame for it?

You've been beating on this like a rented mule!
(I agree with you, of course.)

But the problem is bigger than Anselmi, or Peddie, or Tanenbaum.
Corporate ownership rarely leads to success on field in sports.
Of course the opposite is not true. For every Paul Allen there's at least two Al Davis' or Harold Ballards

ensco
04-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Mo and/or the team will sue, I'm guessing they will claim CC violated a non-disclosure agreement or maybe a non-disparagement clause

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=2953874

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 06:33 PM
What are they going to do, go after him in England?

All Johnston is doing is feeding the fire. He is making himself look bad every step of the way.

I hope Cummins has protected himself nonetheless.

ensco
04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
We need a Cummins Defence Fund!

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
"What are you going to say? Lots of guys don't make teams," Anselmi said of Gerba. "If anything, that says the team is deeper and he wasn't good enough."

Words cannot describe this quote.

You don't have to be an Pro-Gerba to see the absolute idiocy of this statement.

Whoop
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Who's evaluating Anselmi?

Lawsuits?

The soap opera continues.

DichioTFC
04-26-2010, 06:42 PM
"There will be legal action taken," Johnston told the National Post Monday, declining to name specifics of any action.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=2953874#ixzz0mFjIk3R7

FFS Mo, stop your bullshit and take responsibility like a man. Say that CUmmins was screwing shit up. Say that you had the best intentions of players in mind. Say it was Peddie's fault. Say SOMETHING that doesn't implicate you further!!

You're not f*ckin 12 Mo. You're a grown ass man doing childish things. You're ruining the team that we love. Stop it.

TFC OZZ
04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Very interesting interview to say the least.

Toronto_Bhoy
04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
If Mo had any clue whatsoever he would've have said, "I have no comment".

Someone at MLSE must be saying "WTF is going on here"!

I'm actually enjoying this…

Bombonera
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Defending CC against the evil (and ridiculously mediocre...) empire? Hmmmm.... I can be convinced.

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Words cannot describe this quote.

Yeah, somebody sent Tom the memo that given the history of MLSE it's probably not a good idea to give your opinion on player decisions and performance.

Now everybody watching this club has a sinking feeling the Sr executive are extremely naive and just take everything Mo says as gospel, as there is no way in hell he's qualified to give an opinion about soccer.

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 07:00 PM
You've been beating on this like a rented mule!
(I agree with you, of course.)

But the problem is bigger than Anselmi, or Peddie, or Tanenbaum.
Corporate ownership rarely leads to success on field in sports.
Of course the opposite is not true. For every Paul Allen there's at least two Al Davis' or Harold Ballards

Yes, but I feel progress is being made and I'd like to see it continue ;).

Each ownership is unique, of course. One thing about MLSE is that they do try and correct things when they become public and they try and react to fans' demands. That's why I'm on this the way I am. If the demand is to replace Mo with another guy that's all they'll do and it won't be enough.

But it's possible if there's enough attention in the media and demands from the fans for them to finally put together a proper front office then they may do that.

Of course, it may take Vancouver coming into the league and making the playoffs, but it would be nice to see the issue addressed before then.

It's really a case of be careful what you wish for...

jloome
FFS Mo, stop your bullshit and take responsibility like a man. Say that CUmmins was screwing shit up. Say that you had the best intentions of players in mind. Say it was Peddie's fault. Say SOMETHING that doesn't implicate you further!!

You're not f*ckin 12 Mo. You're a grown ass man doing childish things. You're ruining the team that we love. Stop it.

I think his emotional maturity may go to the heart of a lot of this stuff.

S_D

http://www.parentsconnect.com/editorial_images/6/tantrum.jpg

jloome
04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Mo and/or the team will sue, I'm guessing they will claim CC violated a non-disclosure agreement or maybe a non-disparagement clause

http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/story.html?id=2953874

Horseshit. As someone who has been sued and threatened with suits many times, the standard procedure is to file a statement of intent and demand a public retraction before talking to the media. Then you file a statement of claim.

Very unlikely MLSE legal counsel would have advised such a foolish public statement, given that almost everything Cummins said would be of "he said/she said" value in court, almost impossible to disprove or prove to be damaging, inaccurate or malicious.

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Horseshit. As someone who has been sued and threatened with suits many times, the standard procedure is to file a statement of intent and demand a public retraction before talking to the media. Then you file a statement of claim.

A common problem for you is it Jeremy? :lol:

ensco
04-26-2010, 07:05 PM

Very unlikely MLSE legal counsel would have advised such a foolish public statement, given that almost everything Cummins said would be of "he said/she said" value in court, almost impossible to disprove or prove to be damaging, inaccurate or malicious.

Oh sure. Mo is totally insane to have said this. I bet Anselmi disavows his statement within hours.

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
^ So basically Johnston is all huff and puff (as usual).

backbeat
04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I think his emotional maturity may go to the heart of a lot of this stuff.

Bingo!!

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Perhaps the most shocking thing about Mo Johnston's statement is that he actually did something on time for once.

The guy struggles to make any roster moves until the season starts, apparently can't bother to discuss things with chris cummins about last game until one day before the next game, but it looks like he can issue empty threats within 24 hours. rofl

backbeat
04-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Oh sure. Mo is totally insane to have said this. I bet Anselmi disavows his statement within hours.

Anselmi will have to disavow his own statement about Ali Gerba as well -what an ass

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 07:13 PM

I'm actually in favour of that.

Cummins didn't say anything that was defamatory, unless he was making something up. But then Mo would have to prove that, and that's pretty difficult without opening up the dressing room more and airing all of the dirty laundry.

MUFC_Niagara
04-26-2010, 07:16 PM
He sues Cummins and I will be actively protesting outisde BMO......and i'd encourage others to do the same.

torontocelt
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM
It's starting to look like that loss wasn't such an accident? Maybe a "going away present" from CC to Mo?

Mo is a douche. It's nice that after four years, other people are starting to agree with the few of us who always saw him for what he is.

A few? Try a few million celtic fans...

olegunnar
04-26-2010, 07:23 PM

Who's to say they won't try to sue on the basis that Cummins violated his non-disclosure agreement.
Even if they're not successful that might be enough to keep Carver from talking. I think it's pretty well accepted that he signed one too and I bet MLSE does NOT want him to talk.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 07:23 PM
What a soap opera this club. Someone said it earlier, the only thing that isn't going against Mo is that Anselmi is appearing to be very gullible with his statements. That's very unfortunate 1) because it prevents the best for the club (to be rid of Mo) and 2) it's not doing Anselmi's personal image any favours.

Anselmi does say that we can't play like an expansion club any more so there is some hope. I just hope he's leaning more towards this idea than buying everything the Scottish rat is selling.

Pigfynn
04-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Carver would be the final nail in the coffin.

ensco
04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Who's to say they won't try to sue on the basis that Cummins violated his non-disclosure agreement.
Even if they're not successful that might be enough to keep Carver from talking. I think it's pretty well accepted that he signed one too and I bet MLSE does NOT want him to talk.

Cummins was probably out of his league, but that's Mo's fault. Everyhere here liked him personally and would stand him a beer if they ever met him in a pub, I'd wager.

MLSE can't win even if CC did violate an NDA, or some similar offense. It'd be war with the supporters.

That's why Mo's statement is insane.

Pigfynn
04-26-2010, 07:33 PM
No one is going to convince me CC is lying... period. There have been countless rumours, anonymous sources, RPB first hand encounters to back up parts of what he's saying. This is truth and that's why Mo's making threats.

It's all going pear shaped and MLSE should cut bait if they know what's good for them.

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope this negative publicity doesn't become a distraction to the club or impede their progress on the pitch. It would be a shame if this soap opera casts a shadow over the organization despite the team showing signs of improvement under Preki's tutelage...

Roogsy
04-26-2010, 07:34 PM
I hope this negative publicity doesn't become a distraction to the club or impede their progress on the pitch. It would be a shame if this soap opera casts a shadow over the organization despite the team showing signs of improvement under Preki's tutelage...

And that is exactly why Mo needs to go NOW!

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 07:37 PM
And that is exactly why Mo needs to go NOW!

No argument there, unfortunately I don't see it happening if TFC continues to improve. It's a no win situation. Either TFC shits the bed and then MoJo finally gets turfed or his last gasp effort to save his job AKA Preki ends up salvaging the season as well as his job...

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 07:40 PM
I keep reading this and it absolutely boggles my mind how stupid it is. Just shows you how much time gets spent on petty politics around here as opposed to getting the job done.

I used to laugh at the suggestion that professionals would read a message board. Sure maybe some player wants to dive in here or there but management?

Yet it seems there are more than a few people in MLSE`s front office who are doing just that (not including someone like Paul B. who’s job it is to have some interaction). What kind of organization is this? Don’t these people have better things to do with their time at that level as opposed to drivel in this shit

The CSA would be proud it only took them four years and they are already pushing the limits of dysfunction on a regular basis. Bravo.

Chevy
04-26-2010, 07:43 PM

Can you say "surprise witness"?

http://themixtapemonster.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/kato.jpg

^^ Kato Karver

T0R0NT0 FC
04-26-2010, 07:46 PM
:D Is it now time to bring out the pink sheets of paper with "MO" on them? Or should we start an email campaign to get rid of Mo?

Pigfynn
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
^^Or one giant one across the whole southend. Just flip the dichio banner over and paint it pink with MO in the middle lol.

Pachuco
04-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Both of KJ's interviews has been top notch reporting if you ask me. Interview the players and let the fans decide for themselves. I'm not a journalist, don't care to analyze journalism, I'm a consumer and I like it, that's really all that matters.

T0R0NT0 FC
04-26-2010, 07:55 PM
^^Or one giant one across the whole southend. Just flip the dichio banner over and paint it pink with MO in the middle lol.

That would be awesome... and easy! Should we start a new thread and start getting volunteers?

:scarf:

sully
04-26-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't see any reason to disbelieve Cummins in general, but the extent of all this is incredible and Mo's reaction is pathetic. Legal action! That's right Mo, even if you could it'd just drag it on and make it all worse. Now is truly the time for Preki to show his leadership qualities...I guess in time we'll see.

ua-kozak_TFC
04-26-2010, 08:30 PM
DUmbest move by MO and Anselmi... EVER!
ANselmi's comment shows exactly why we will have (INSERT DEGRADING ADJECTIVE) MO until the end of 2011 season... Because Anselmi is totally clueless about the sport and has no grasp whatso ever on the team...:picard:

It's sad but, boys expect to see this Red head A hole ruining this club for an other 1.5 years...

LAw suit on what terms?? LOL Can;t sue KJ because of freedom of the press and he didn;t do anything that was wrong. Same with CUmmings what are they going to do fly him over from england... good luck. ON top of that they got no case... since when speaking his mind is illigal in Canada? He actually Called MO a winner a couple of times and tried to find an alternative solution for his "lack of communication" Totally harmless stance... What did you expect him just to lie and say the opposite? because Mo won;t like his comments..
Totally dumb...

ua-kozak_TFC
04-26-2010, 08:32 PM
ps: you know what would be funny if Carver came out and backed Cummins out... that would make this even better and not only they would have no chance in court but they would be totally ridiculed...
ps2:The only thing that CUmmins might be regretting is kinda putting Daso in a weird spot...

Jose Mourinho
04-26-2010, 08:34 PM
Just when you thought Mo had hit rock bottom, more truth arises.

trane
04-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Even if all these reports are just bitter ex-players and staff, the thing is that there is clearly issues with Mo, on the pitch they are obvious, and now what people have suspected is clearly true, there are deep problems in regard to moral, no matter how much of what Ali and Cummins are saying may be untrue. The bottom line is that one way or the other the team is divided behind the scenes. Mo has failed on the pitch and in the dressing room.

MFG1
04-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Who wants me to buy a 1000 sheets of pink paper?

Redcoe15
04-26-2010, 08:41 PM
And the mountain of shit Mo keeps putting out gets bigger and bigger and bigger. :mad:

ua-kozak_TFC
04-26-2010, 08:44 PM
Yes, but not just Preki on his own. It's become obvious that this team has always been scrambling because there has never been an experienced soccer guy in charge - a President of Soccer and then a GM.

This team has always been run on the cheap and it shows.
DUDewith all due respect. president of Soccer is a position that Mo invented to get out of the heat from the coaching positiong. to stick around longer... do you think he would have been here for more than 3 years had he been the coach all this time! NO way Jose!

Many Many clubs in the world (although have advisers and scouts) The technical dirrectors (ie. COACH) is the one who runs the show... Both saying who signs and who's traded and the rest of the crap related to on field performance...
The GM crap only works for American sports... Where everything is about individuals and not as much emphasise is requiered on TEAM play...

T0R0NT0 FC
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
Who wants me to buy a 1000 sheets of pink paper?

I'll see what my friend can dig up. I believe he has about 30 reems kicking around his office. (30 x 500 = 15,000 sheets) Oh, and a couple of photocopiers sitting around there too... :canada:

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 08:45 PM
The situation has definitely reached a boiling point now that Mo Johnston has fired back publicly for the first time amidst the recent controversy surrounding the subtle remarks of Carl Robinson, Rohan Ricketts and the revealing Kristian Jack interviews with Ali Gerba and Chris Cummins.

Despite TFC's apparent progress under Preki's guidance, the negative publicity that has been swirling around the franchise is increasing by the week and is bound to overshadow any potential short term success of the club on the pitch and may even act as a distraction to the players.

I foresee a difficult situation developing off the pitch for certain in that either TFC falter and subsequently initiate MoJo's dismissal or TFC will continue to improve, have a successful season, and probably provide Mo with job security in the process. In either scenario there will be significant fan discontent.

Now, in fairness to MoJo, despite his horrendous reputation and inability to prepare in the off season, he drafted/acquired the core players of the squad and hired a quality coach in Preki while seemingly relinquishing authority on personnel decisions. Is that enough to justify keeping him around as Director Of Soccer Operations? Based on the last 4 years, absolutely not.

However, hypothetically and optimistically speaking, if TFC wins the NCC, advances in the CCL, makes the playoffs, and wins a round or two, how can Tom Anselmi justify firing MoJo outright considering that success as well as his contributions to MLSE's profit margin over the years? The supporters would undoubtedly be satisfied with the club's achievements at that point but still be vocal about their discontent with MoJo.

It is a given that MoJo will be axed if the club doesn't achieve a modicum of success this season but what if the Reds do succeed? Assuming MLSE appeases the fans to some extent by officially alleviating him of his managerial responsibilities but promote him within the organization in another capacity would that be acceptable?

MFG1
04-26-2010, 08:52 PM
I'll see what my friend can dig up. I believe he has about 30 reems kicking around his office. (30 x 500 = 15,000 sheets) Oh, and a couple of photocopiers sitting around there too... :canada:

let me know I would gladly donate to this. I would chip in 100 bucks for the cost

ua-kozak_TFC
04-26-2010, 08:52 PM
The situation has definitely reached a boiling point now that Mo Johnston has fired back publicly for the first time amidst the recent controversy surrounding the subtle remarks of Carl Robinson, Rohan Ricketts and the revealing Kristian Jack interviews with Ali Gerba and Chris Cummins.

Despite TFC's apparent progress under Preki's guidance, the negative publicity that has been swirling around the franchise is increasing by the week and is bound to overshadow any potential short term success of the club on the pitch and may even act as a distraction to the players.

I foresee a difficult situation developing off the pitch for certain in that either TFC falter and subsequently initiate MoJo's dismissal or TFC will continue to improve, have a successful season, and probably provide Mo with job security in the process. In either scenario there will be significant fan discontent.

Now, in fairness to MoJo, despite his horrendous reputation and inability to prepare in the off season, he drafted/acquired the core players of the squad and hired a quality coach in Preki while seemingly relinquishing authority on personnel decisions. Is that enough to justify keeping him around as Director Of Soccer Operations? Based on the last 4 years, absolutely not.

However, hypothetically and optimistically speaking, if TFC wins the NCC, advances in the CCL, makes the playoffs, and wins a round or two, how can Tom Anselmi justify firing MoJo outright considering that success as well as his contributions to MLSE's profit margin over the years? The supporters would undoubtedly be satisfied with the club's achievements at that point but still be vocal about their discontent with MoJo.

It is a given that MoJo will be axed if the club doesn't achieve a modicum of success this season but what if the Reds do succeed? Assuming MLSE appeases the fans to some extent by officially alleviating him of his managerial responsibilities but promote him within the organization in another capacity would that be acceptable?
DON;t get me started.. with this because shit anybody with high draft pick will be getting good results... All i've been hearing about is how great mo does with draft picks... THAT IS BULL crap.. anyone with little soccer IQ andgood draft picks can do that... MO edu Was UNANIMOUS #1. Frei You've had to be an idiot not to take... it literally fell on his lap (luck in draft is very important.) Now cronin and OW... I don;t think they are better than Gonzales and Pontius... both of which mo could have had... So don;t get me this CRAP of draft shit... EVEN a DEAD CLOCK tells the right time twice a day..

mastermixer
04-26-2010, 08:53 PM

Via Grill Room twitter:

CONFIRMED - John Carver will speak tomorrow, addressing Chris Cummins criticism of Mo Johnston and TFC.

http://twitter.com/grillroom/status/12916542378

sully
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
^^^ I agree you you ManUtd4ever. I think the best thing now would be for Mo to make a public statement that mistakes have been made in the past and to apologize for them. He should clearly define his role in the club. He should come out and make it clear that Preki is exclusively responsible for all coaching, tactical and team selection decisions and he will keep out of the way of Preki and the players and stick to his league and administrative duties.

TFC Cityboy
04-26-2010, 08:54 PM
Well done, KJ...the only jounalist in TO with the gonads to break this.

So...who believes that John Carver REALLY quit because he was told off by MLS for watching from the stands?
;)

Add this to other MoJo greatest hits:

-Dichio can't fold himself into an airplane seat
-Adrian Serioux having a career-threatening neck injury, then signing for Houston
-the shipping out of Robbo while we pay most of his wages
-Club ironman, Jimmy B, not having the fight for the season, after one bloody match

This club is an absolute bloody shambles.

I just hope that the progress made yesterday on the pitch is not adversely affected by this interview

MFG1
04-26-2010, 08:55 PM

Absolutely NOT!

sully
04-26-2010, 08:55 PM
Via Grill Room twitter:

CONFIRMED - John Carver will speak tomorrow, addressing Chris Cummins criticism of Mo Johnston and TFC.

Holy crap!

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Via Grill Room twitter:

The plot thickens...

T0R0NT0 FC
04-26-2010, 08:59 PM
let me know I would gladly donate to this. I would chip in 100 bucks for the cost

Oh, no cash necessary. I'm sure this can get taken care of for minimal cost. :wink: (if you know what I am saying...) But I wouldn't be able to get them for Wed. So it would have to be the next home game. Lol... but I'm sure the situation will only be worse by that point. :D

mastermixer
04-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Via Grill Room twitter:

The way this is worded, sounds like Carver is coming out to defend Mo.

MFG1
04-26-2010, 09:00 PM
"This club is an absolute bloody shambles.

I just hope that the progress made yesterday on the pitch is not adversely affected by this interview"

Why should it? If anything the few remaining players should be happy that the air is clearing. This has nothing to do with the present, it has everything to do with people calling out that POS GM of ours Mo Johnston. karma is a bitch

sully
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM

Perhaps, but I seem to remember Carver was pissed with Mo (along with MLS) after the 'Carver watching the game in the stand' fiasco..

MFG1
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Oh, no cash necessary. I'm sure this can get taken care of for minimal cost. :wink: (if you know what I am saying...) But I wouldn't be able to get them for Wed. So it would have to be the next home game. Lol... but I'm sure the situation will only be worse by that point. :D

Yeah you want this to be seen during the day,

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 09:06 PM
DUDewith all due respect. president of Soccer is a position that Mo invented to get out of the heat from the coaching positiong. to stick around longer... do you think he would have been here for more than 3 years had he been the coach all this time! NO way Jose!

Many Many clubs in the world (although have advisers and scouts) The technical dirrectors (ie. COACH) is the one who runs the show... Both saying who signs and who's traded and the rest of the crap related to on field performance...
The GM crap only works for American sports... Where everything is about individuals and not as much emphasise is requiered on TEAM play...

Actually it's mostly english clubs that have a single person in charge.

If you look at most of the Continental Clubs they usually employ three people in three different roles. The coach handles the tactical matters and squad selection, the Manager handles the scouting duties (overseeing scouts and doing some of his own) and player contracts and they typically have a chairman who oversees the whole operation. These three decide who goes and who stays at the club.

Olympique Lyonnais employs this model to great success and that's why they've gone from Ligue Deux to Champions League contender in 20 years.

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 09:08 PM

If he does, who gives a fuck? I have little confidence in Carver as is.

Gixmo
04-26-2010, 09:12 PM
What a witch hunt :)

Down with Mo
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/images/simpsons-mob-torches.jpg

T0R0NT0 FC
04-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah you want this to be seen during the day,

Oh, they will definitely look better during the day. Okay, I'll send some emails and then tee up with Boris or someone else in the heirarchy to see if a few hundred pink slips are in order.

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 09:18 PM

The example of the three positions here is the Vancouver Whitecaps - they are a team we have to compete with so how they run their organization is important to us. The way teams are run in the rest of the world doesn't affect us.

"Advisors and scouts" is a very important disclaimer. does TFC have any? When they replace Mo will they get any?

MLSE play the fans in this city too easily. All the attention is on one guy, they'll replace him and buy themselves another two or three years with the next guy without having to spend a dime.

But you're right, the emphasis is too much on individuals and not on the team - in this case it's too much emphasis on the individuals in management and not enough on the management team.

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
The example of the three positions here is the Vancouver Whitecaps - they are a team we have to compete with so how they run their organization is important to us. The way teams are run in the rest of the world doesn't affect us.

"Advisors and scouts" is a very important disclaimer. does TFC have any? When they replace Mo will they get any?

MLSE play the fans in this city too easily. All the attention is on one guy, they'll replace him and buy themselves another two or three years with the next guy without having to spend a dime.

But you're right, the emphasis is too much on individuals and not on the team - in this case it's too much emphasis on the individuals in management and not enough on the management team.

I think what this team needs is a club management approach. I like to point to Lyon as the way to do it, but the Whitecaps employ the same model as they do. Use three guys to make the decisions. Group decisions among educated people in the game usually arrive at better player decisions than a single expert does. It helps remove bias from the decision making process.

We need something like that. A council of 3, instead of Mo by himself.

ensco
04-26-2010, 09:28 PM
Holy shit. Cummins was Carver's hire. Mo's threat to sue Cummins may well have actually been directed at Carver. Carver left exactly one year ago, my guess is that he has been collecting cheques on the balance of his contract until.....a few days ago.

How badly do these guys want to hurt Mo? It's un-freaking-believable.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-26-2010, 09:30 PM
This club is an absolute bloody shambles.

I just hope that the progress made yesterday on the pitch is not adversely affected by this interview

how do you figure?
If anything its a good thing, its an airing of dirty laundry nad ideally a further push of mo out of the club

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 09:30 PM
And the mountain of shit Mo keeps putting out gets bigger and bigger and bigger. :mad:

Mo IS a mountain of shit.

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
^^^ I agree you you ManUtd4ever. I think the best thing now would be for Mo to make a public statement that mistakes have been made in the past and to apologize for them. He should clearly define his role in the club. He should come out and make it clear that Preki is exclusively responsible for all coaching, tactical and team selection decisions and he will keep out of the way of Preki and the players and stick to his league and administrative duties.

I would be happy with that for now considering that he realistically wouldn't be fired at this point of the season. I just want the club to succeed without any further distractions. I would prefer that he is fired but if TFC has a winning season and MoJo is retained in some sort of advisory role or head of scouting behind the scenes than I honestly couldn't care less provided he can be an asset to the organization in that capacity. As long as he is no longer the face of this franchise and responsible for managerial decisions...

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 09:34 PM
Via Grill Room twitter:

No fucking way! Gareth Wheeler is still a total douche though.

Blowing Bubbles
04-26-2010, 09:41 PM
For an attack on the "1 man" operation of coach/manager/scout/contract signer that is done mostly in England and so many ppl here seem to have a hard on for, just read the book Soccernomics. It goes in depth as to why this isn't the best approach.

The fact that this is a salary cap league makes it even more important to have a management group, not a single person pulling the strings.

King Tut
04-26-2010, 09:42 PM
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5019/douchebagmo.jpg

canadian_bhoy
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Carver signed a non disclosure agreement with MLSE - I wouldn't expect his interview to bear much fruit. He'll probably just comment on what Cummins said.

The real next big interview will be with Robbo. I'm sure KJ has it lined up already.

Auzzy
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Do NDAs ever expire? Like, maybe after a year???

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
No fucking way! Gareth Wheeler is still a total douche though.
Well as much as we might like to bash the guy, when's the last time an established journalist in the soccer media actually earned his money by asking some real questions? Jason De Vos gets points for coming the closest, but for the most part I'd say the vast majority of these guys are too scared to report the truth or are clueless. Their criticism is half hearted at best and they gloss over the facts on a regular basis.

While Wheeler's downfall is his sketchiness, he get points for actually having the freedom to write whatever he's thinking.

ensco
04-26-2010, 09:48 PM
Carver signed a non disclosure agreement with MLSE - I wouldn't expect his interview to bear much fruit. He'll probably just comment on what Cummins said.

I don't know. Carver was dying to speak right after he left (he was going to do a big interview with Dobson if I recall), then he skedaddled (presumably because he was muzzled by the NDA).

But once the payments stop, the only thing holding you back is the damage you do to your career by talking. Which doesn't seem to worry Gerba or Cummins too much....and now Carver's friend Cummins may be in need of support....

rocker
04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
I just hope Wheeler can ask the right questions.. he's probably too much of a goofball to really get at the heart of the matter. otherwise the opportunity could be wasted.

ensco
04-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Do NDAs ever expire? Like, maybe after a year???

No they never expire. But the teeth in any NDA is the ability to withhold payments otherwise owed. Once those payments are over, then the employer would still have recourse in the courts....but if MLSE pursue Cummins or Carver in the courts, they'll have a war with the fans on their hands.

So that's why I'd focus on the end of the payments as the meaningful date. I don't think anyone knows for sure when that is.....but I've got a funny feeling it's a year.

backbeat
04-26-2010, 09:52 PM
I find it fascinating that they'd even need a coach to sign an NDA - why? what is so secretive and worrisome that the club would fear? Other than maybe financial information or personal information etc. I can’t see what an NDA would cover or more importantly would need to cover from the executive’s perspective unless they were knowingly unethical.

ag futbol
04-26-2010, 09:54 PM
I agree, besides in MLSE really going to win if they start going after former employees in court?

Good luck trying to draw in talent in the future under those circumstances. This club has bigger issues now and down the road compared to this glorified game of "that's what she said".

ensco
04-26-2010, 09:55 PM
I find it fascinating that they'd even need a coach to sign an NDA - why? what is so secretive and worrisome that the club would fear? Other than maybe financial information or personal information etc. I can’t see what an NDA would cover or more importantly would need to cover from the executive’s perspective unless they were knowingly unethical.

What's more common is a nondisparagement clause, and I think they're actually pretty common. They work, too. How often have you ever seen this?

BraincloudFilms
04-26-2010, 09:58 PM
THE FISH ROTS FROM THE HEAD DOWN.

For the love of god Anselmi, get rid of Johnson. He's an incompetent troublemaker. We, the fans, deserve more.

I'm going to lose faith in TFC if this shit show continues.

Auzzy
04-26-2010, 10:00 PM
Anselmi's next diary entry should be interesting...

backbeat
04-26-2010, 10:01 PM
THE FISH ROTS FROM THE HEAD DOWN.

For the love of god Anselmi, get rid of Johnson. He's an incompetent troublemaker. We, the fans, deserve more.

I'm going to lose faith in TFC if this shit show continues.

isn't Anselmi the head?? I'm thinking they both need to go at this point. clear the deck and bring in a real management team that knows the game.

wzhxvy
04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
NDAs expire if information becomes publicaly available I believe.

Lets not forget the other Anselmi quote from today:

"The year ends up real bad, and all of a sudden he winds up with sour grapes"....so you lied to us last year Ansalami. You are showing yourself to be of the same calibre as your employee.

I would like to see TFC sue CC...

What a bunch of incompentent fools...you are making this club into a joke and you are making it hard to be associated with a brand that represents people like you...I am so fing pissed...the CC interview was bad enough but their response is even worse...instead of being a man Anselmi and verifying the facts you blab...

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 10:09 PM
NDAs expire if information becomes publicaly available I believe.

"The year ends up real bad, and all of a sudden he winds up with sour grapes"....so you lied to us last year Ansalami. You are showing yourself to be of the same calibre as your employee.

I would like to see TFC sue CC...

What a bunch of incompentent fools...you are making this club into a joke and you are making it hard to be associated with a brand that represents people like you...I am so fing pissed...the CC interview was bad enough but their response is even worse...instead of being a man Anselmi and verifying the facts you blab...TOOL !

I maintain the supporters clubs should raise money for Chris Cummins defense if they sue. Wouldn't that look bad for MLSE?

Number Ten
04-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Via Grill Room twitter:

Its like freakin' Christmas

Oblio2
04-26-2010, 10:14 PM
I want Carver to lay a shit storm on MO, defend Cummins and tell us what i going on...then, I want (pretty please) for Robbo to come out and tell us his side. I don't think it will happen. Robbo is a classy guy and would wait till he's done playing......But fuck Robbo, do it for us!!!!!!

wzhxvy
04-26-2010, 10:21 PM
I maintain the supporters clubs should raise money for Chris Cummins defense if they sue. Wouldn't that look bad for MLSE?

$500 from me if we do that.

BraincloudFilms
04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
isn't Anselmi the head?? I'm thinking they both need to go at this point. clear the deck and bring in a real management team that knows the game.

You're right, TOM ANSELMI is supposed to be the COO, but now he's the defacto President of TFC. Just Like Richard Peddie was the defacto president of the Leafs. When will MLSE learn? Get the suits out of these roles, and stop letting them speak in front of microphones and pretending like they know sports - they know business, and that's it.

TFC needs a President and GM, and that man should have won titles in that role previously, like Brian Burke.

Mo must go. And if ANSELMI waits any longer, he's going to see his name on banners at BMO Field next.

Can't wait to hear John Carver tomorrow.

grizzle
04-26-2010, 11:32 PM
Via Grill Room twitter:

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/10/633802202918840145-Excellent.jpg

Pachuco
04-26-2010, 11:50 PM
If Carver comes out defending Mo then that really has nothing to do with the time Cummins was coach considering he was long gone. He can't possibly comment on anything Cummins said because his whole interview was post Carver era. Cummins even said Carver did a good job of keeping Mo out of the locker room which is something he regrets not doing.

Now if Carver blasts Mo then holy fuck! Nail in the coffin.

DichioTFC
04-27-2010, 12:00 AM
but credit to mo, it's only year 4 of his 5 year plan!! year 5 is when its showtime!!
:facepalm:

seriously though, its not looking that hard to trick MLSE into keeping your job... all credibility starts at the top, who holds responsibility for Mo? we need answers from that person...

Stryker
04-27-2010, 01:06 AM
Anselm's idiotic response has officially put him on the shit list too.
Both of these idiots need to go. How bout those leafs eh Tom?
Well at least the Raptors are.... oh nevermind.
You're doing a great job Tom. Keep makin that money for the teachers.

Batman
04-27-2010, 03:51 AM
As much as we all FELT Mo was incompetent, mainly because of our poor results and his inability to ever field a complete roster prior to the start of the season, I think this interview now quantifies his incompetence and justifies our feelings toward him.

EXTREME thanks to KJ pursuing this inquiry and CC for being as forthcoming as you've been!

Keystone FC
04-27-2010, 04:05 AM
You're right, TOM ANSELMI is supposed to be the COO, but now he's the defacto President of TFC. Just Like Richard Peddie was the defacto president of the Leafs. When will MLSE learn? Get the suits out of these roles, and stop letting them speak in front of microphones and pretending like they know sports - they know business, and that's it.

TFC needs a President and GM, and that man should have won titles in that role previously, like Brian Burke.

Mo must go. And if ANSELMI waits any longer, he's going to see his name on banners at BMO Field next.

Can't wait to hear John Carver tomorrow.
Tom Anselmi? Isn't he the one who stated last week that "TFC is not an expansion club any more."
:facepalm:

ilikemusic
04-27-2010, 04:08 AM
Mo is going to sue?

This is embarrassing.

He is willing to drag TFC's fragile reputation through the mud because he doesn't like what a former employee has to say.

Go fuck up someone else's team pleast and thank you.

Keystone FC
04-27-2010, 04:15 AM
As much as we all FELT Mo was incompetent, mainly because of our poor results and his inability to ever field a complete roster prior to the start of the season, I think this interview now quantifies his incompetence and justifies our feelings toward him.

EXTREME thanks to KJ pursuing this inquiry and CC for being as forthcoming as you've been!

Exactly! This needed to happen in order for TFC to actually start to become a competitive soccer club.
This season started with Mo & MLSE under a microscope but now with this coming out it even makes it more intense as to what is going on behind the scenes and in the boardroom.
Again, Cummins needs to be applauded for taking the courage to make these statements, which don't seem to be sour grapes at all, even at the expense of rocking whatever boat he may rock.
It will be interesting to see what follows after the World Cup and new players are allowed to come into MLS.
This may be what is needed for MLSE to take a good haaaaard look at what type of franchise they want TFC to become.

Pookie
04-27-2010, 05:55 AM

"The year ends up real bad, and all of a sudden he winds up with sour grapes"....

This too bothers me. While he can claim some degree of ignorance on knowing the truth behind Cummins' claims of interference, he must have known about the coaching offer to ND or the promises of work visas.

Those things would sour a man, no? And those were things your organization are tagged with. If true, are these hallmarks of the way your organization treats people?

Dismissing it as sour grapes is insulting. If Cummins' story is proven to be correct, he owes him a very public apology.

Anselmi made a mistake here. His best comment would have been "no comment" and allow time and facts to emerge before making a comment as a leader of the organization in question.

It could turn out that Cummins' story is BS. It wouldn't be the first time that a Manager and a Chairman presented 2 very public and differing views on what happened (see Leeds United, Ridsdale v O'Leary).

But the weight of disclosures seem to be supporting Cummins and if so, Anselmi has tied himself to the hip of his General Manager.

It's one thing to stick up for your employees. It's another to stick up for what is right. Anselmi may have a ton of back tracking to do and did himself no favours by his reactionary comment.

torontocelt
04-27-2010, 06:41 AM
A lot of the stuff going on with Mo at TFC is not unique to only TFC Much of this happens and has happened at football clubs around the world and at clubs which can be considered to be way bigger in size.

For example: Mo interfering with the team when losing - This happened at hearts (if you ever want to read about interfering behind the managers back this is the club). The chairman and owner Vlad Romanov has managed to go through maybe 8 manager in 6 years or so and his second George Burley was doing a great job breaking the old firm divide until Vlad insisted he knew better and wanted to pick the team. Vlad also had a five year plan that was to end in Hearts winning the champions league, eh that did not happen. Other chairmen also lobby with managers to play players they wanted signed, this happened with Shevchenco at chelsea and it pissed Mourinho off. That is common place at many big clubs. Cummins showed his inexperience by getting so caught up with Mo, he should have stuck to his guns but he was a stand in and he didn't carry much clout. As far as I can tell this never happened with Carver and I am sure it isn't with Preki.

2) Mo not speaking for four days after loss. This happens all the time. The great man Fergie himself has done the same thing albeit with his players, Martin O'Neil has also been accused recently of not speaking to players for days, both of these guys are winners and this is their way of ensuring the players know that it is not good enough. Remember a lot of what Mo has learned he has learned from winners, he more than likely played under Fergie and even Walter Smith and both of these guys dont accept defeat and will tear you a new one in a second.

3) Players not speaking their mind when the GM is in the locker room. Well Mo is the big boss and stuff like this will happen in every company around the world on a daily basis. It takes a lot to sit and speak you case to the guy who can ultimately get rid of you if he wants. I am unsure what CC was getting at with this, what were the players holding back on saying?

4) Split in the camp between US and Canadian - Didn't Liverpool have a split between the English and the Spanish? Although they were not at odds they didn't mix and the Spanish would only speak Spanish and mix with their own.

5) Daso getting promised the job - Mo was famous for his switcheroos, see his second time with Celtic before joining Rangers.

6) Mo denying there was a problem with the US and Canadian players - Did people really expect him to admit of dressing room troubles in front of the press, I have never really heard of a football GM doing that?

All in all yes Mo should go, his results have not been good enough. That is how I judge him, not by an interview with CC. Spare some thoughts for Hearts fans, they are in a way worse situation with their club.

massive_magpie
04-27-2010, 06:50 AM
I think Carver still uses First Wave Sports (or whatever agency represents our entire coaching staff + 1/3 of our players), so don't expect too much; this is probably the club fighting back if anything (Carver's already said his peace after he left).

Fort York Redcoat
04-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Looking past the fact it's nice to have more transparency as a supporter, I think it's better to get these skeletons out of our closet so our reputation as club around the league can rise. We will have difficulties filling positions if we constantly have to go outside the league.

Mikey
04-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Mo is going to sue?

This is embarrassing.

He is willing to drag TFC's fragile reputation through the mud because he doesn't like what a former employee has to say.

Go fuck up someone else's team pleast and thank you.

It's more likely to be for voiding a non-disclosure agreement than personal reputation....

Shakes McQueen
04-27-2010, 07:17 AM
If these guys speaking out expedites Mo's departure, we should be thankful to them for sticking their necks out. Every day Mo stays in his position, we look more and more like the laughing stock of the league with all of this drama and backroom politicking.

- Scott

ManUtd4ever
04-27-2010, 07:29 AM
A lot of the stuff going on with Mo at TFC is not unique to only TFC Much of this happens and has happened at football clubs around the world and at clubs which can be considered to be way bigger in size.

For example: Mo interfering with the team when losing - This happened at hearts (if you ever want to read about interfering behind the managers back this is the club). The chairman and owner Vlad Romanov has managed to go through maybe 8 manager in 6 years or so and his second George Burley was doing a great job breaking the old firm divide until Vlad insisted he knew better and wanted to pick the team. Vlad also had a five year plan that was to end in Hearts winning the champions league, eh that did not happen. Other chairmen also lobby with managers to play players they wanted signed, this happened with Shevchenco at chelsea and it pissed Mourinho off. That is common place at many big clubs. Cummins showed his inexperience by getting so caught up with Mo, he should have stuck to his guns but he was a stand in and he didn't carry much clout. As far as I can tell this never happened with Carver and I am sure it isn't with Preki.

2) Mo not speaking for four days after loss. This happens all the time. The great man Fergie himself has done the same thing albeit with his players, Martin O'Neil has also been accused recently of not speaking to players for days, both of these guys are winners and this is their way of ensuring the players know that it is not good enough. Remember a lot of what Mo has learned he has learned from winners, he more than likely played under Fergie and even Walter Smith and both of these guys dont accept defeat and will tear you a new one in a second.

3) Players not speaking their mind when the GM is in the locker room. Well Mo is the big boss and stuff like this will happen in every company around the world on a daily basis. It takes a lot to sit and speak you case to the guy who can ultimately get rid of you if he wants. I am unsure what CC was getting at with this, what were the players holding back on saying?

4) Split in the camp between US and Canadian - Didn't Liverpool have a split between the English and the Spanish? Although they were not at odds they didn't mix and the Spanish would only speak Spanish and mix with their own.

5) Daso getting promised the job - Mo was famous for his switcheroos, see his second time with Celtic before joining Rangers.

6) Mo denying there was a problem with the US and Canadian players - Did people really expect him to admit of dressing room troubles in front of the press, I have never really heard of a football GM doing that?

All in all yes Mo should go, his results have not been good enough. That is how I judge him, not by an interview with CC. Spare some thoughts for Hearts fans, they are in a way worse situation with their club.

Excellent post...

drewski
04-27-2010, 07:29 AM
suing Cummins would be like a record company suing a small time music download when they could sue Napster. you may win the battle, but there's no chance in winning the PR war.

torontocelt
04-27-2010, 07:32 AM
The other thing about Mo telling players he thinks they should be playing when CC didn't pick them Ithink is overly complicated by Mo being the guy who signs the players. I don't know who CC was talking about, was it a guy Mo signed before CC was at the club? Was it a signing identified by Carver and CC or at least agreed upon? If the coach has little say in who is signed then it will create massive problems. Mo might be making players promises of playing time and how he sees the players future in the team during contract discussions only to see the player not being picked by the coach. If you were that player and this happend would you not want to speak to the guy who signed you and made you those promises ie Mo. What is Mo meant to say when he is put in that situation? I think going forward it is beneficial to any football club that the identification of players and overall appoval of signing a player comes from the head coach and not from the GM. It can create way too many problems, I felt CC didn't really explain the situation that well in the interview.

Oldtimer
04-27-2010, 07:50 AM
suing Cummins would be like a record company suing a small time music download when they could sue Napster. you may win the battle, but there's no chance in winning the PR war.

Exactly.

Mo is an idiot for dragging out the negative publicity for years of court battles.

However, given his bullying personality, it's exactly the sort of thing he will do. Someone like him can get away with things for a while, but eventually the chickens come home to roost.

Anselmi is probably just trying to protect the value of the franchise by denying that he made a mistake in hiring Mo. I seriously doubt he would fire Mo over these interviews, however, if the club doesn't make the playoffs, he will not hesitate to "wield the axe." Poor results plus a soap opera would mean that he couldn't possibly keep Mo. If the team makes the playoffs, he might give Mo his final year 5, unless the supporters make some noise.

However, all of this negative publicity guarantees that Mo will never manage again once he leaves TFC. What club would want the kind of crap that he brings?

Whoop
04-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Johnston didn't even have the best reputation when he came here.

That was already well known in MLS circles.

Shaughno
04-27-2010, 08:01 AM
I listened to the interview last night. Well on ya Chris and well on ya Kristian Jack for prying questions that not many people have the cajones to ask.

koryo
04-27-2010, 08:03 AM
On Mo's job hanging in the balance of a post-season birth: as far as I'm concerned he needs to go regardless. If we see the post season this year, it will be because of Preki. Johnston has already said, repeatedly, [sic] that he has nothing to do with the football side of things...

bgnewf
04-27-2010, 08:05 AM
The only "logic" I can see in trheatening Cummins with legal action is that Mo knows that Carver and maybe even Robinson are about to speak and proclaim that everything Cummins and Gerba has said is correct.

The threat of legal action is just a ploy to try and keep people shut up that Mo wants to not talk.

Mo could have not handled this in a worse fashion than he did.

Shaughno
04-27-2010, 08:11 AM
Agreed Newf.

On Mo's job hanging in the balance of a post-season birth: as far as I'm concerned he needs to go regardless. If we see the post season this year, it will be because of Preki. Johnston has already said, repeatedly, [sic] that he has nothing to do with the football side of things...

Agreed as well. Any success this year is a result of Preki's hard work (however much the players may hate being driven into the ground) and not because of anything Mo did. He need to go, but IMO we should be actively shopping for a new GM.... or someone to fill that role anyway.

As an aside... have we hired any fucking scouts yet?

Beach_Red
04-27-2010, 08:18 AM
Exactly.

However, all of this negative publicity guarantees that Mo will never manage again once he leaves TFC. What club would want the kind of crap that he brings?

You do have to wonder who's been advising him - since he took the TFC job, actually. Mo and Carver have the same agent, usually agents are in the thick of these things, where are theirs?

kitchener-TFC
04-27-2010, 09:10 AM
FFS, what the fack is MO still doing here? Fire the bastard!