PDA

View Full Version : Impact Fans Coming on Wednesday?

maninb
04-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Anybody have an idea of how many Montreal supporters coming for the game?

billyfly
04-26-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes. And they are bringing garbage bags.

Oldtimer
04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
They are bringing around 85 or so.

Most will be watching in Montreal at the cafe Frappe.

nobodybeatsthewiz
04-26-2010, 09:51 AM
LOL.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 10:00 AM
Yes. And they are bringing garbage bags.

LOL.

Ahhhhhh! You guys beat me to it. :D

EDIT: This was my 4000th post. Hazaa!

T.O TILL I DIE
04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
there bringing 85 fans :O:O woahh

leafsman
04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
must be a true fan to miss habs possible game 7 lol

stretchthetruth
04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
LOL...

Gixmo
04-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Bon, C'est Magnifique.

BC101
04-26-2010, 09:27 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/JSAN/p6247091.jpg

phonzo
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
classic ultras!

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 10:53 PM

That picture always makes me laugh no matter how much I see it. They're such a two bit operation.

twistedchinaman
04-27-2010, 12:17 AM

This reminds me of an avatar someone had...was it you Brit?

Luanda
04-27-2010, 06:22 AM

Well, at least habsfans have a game 7 to chew over. Leafsfans have zero games.

Mikey
04-27-2010, 06:43 AM
Never realised L O L was french for S O S.....

kitchener-TFC
04-27-2010, 08:56 AM
^I never really understood the point behind their garbage bag.
Oh those Montrealers.... TIC TAC TABERNAC

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 08:31 AM
As much as i hate the Impact and there supporters......

as a group they are very organized.......

e1B4nBoU_24

YLoH1aSEjsE&feature

but then again we will always be years behind at home because our supporter groups are all spread out all over BMO FIELD!

On the ROAD we hare way more effective cause we are as one!

I'll always say not giving the NORTHEND to the SUPPORTERS groups was a HUGE mistake!....

It was a chance to fix something we never had from the beginning...a proper supporters SECTION! WE HAVE SOME GREAT LEADERS HERE (RPB NEE.USEC)....ITS A SHAME SOME OF THERE IDEAS WILL NEVER BE CARRIED OUT AT BMO...CAUSE WE ARE NOT AS ONE......and im not referring to all Supporter Groups come together as one group...im saying have all 3 of them in the NORTH END would of been special..as it always is on the ROAD!

deltox
04-28-2010, 08:40 AM
^what about section 111 and 110

it will always be fractured....the northend is not big enuff for all the supporter groups

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 08:43 AM
^what about section 111 and 110

it will always be fractured....the northend is not big enuff for all the supporter groups

Your telling me .......give the norther end to USEC...NEE..and RPB..let them fill it with 1200 hardcore supporters...and you would'nt have the greatest spporters section to hit MLS?

1200 is more then enough to cover..the main supportes in 110..111.112.113...and 127

J .
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
They should give 112-114 seating over to supporters groups, move non supporters, so the groups can concentrate themselves with the loudest.

Personally, Id favour bleachers type "seating" and a general admission access to the south end

Waggy
04-28-2010, 08:54 AM
If the Leafs were playing game 7 of a series, how many of us do you think would travel to Montreal for the opening game of a tourny? I'd be shocked if more than 50-75 of them came. Props to the ones that do though, that's dedication

*edit, also BIG yes to general admin south end seating. It'd never happen, but hey we can dream

KdotOdot
04-28-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm sure there a shitload of ticket holders in the south end that would be glad to move if their ticket pricing stayed the same. shuffle people around. It would be a big job but t's not nearly impossible.

Unfortunately none of the Supporters groups have any power over the FO to make this happen. Not yet at least.

Technorgasm
04-28-2010, 08:59 AM
111 kicks ass. . and the supporter density in the south end has never been greater. . and will continue that way as people get their appointments to get in tight!

. . . could we have found a POSITIVE to pour results and non-playoff Football at BMO?

TCeYSPsKe5A

ps
TIC TAC TABERNAK!

Parkdale
04-28-2010, 09:00 AM
If the Leafs were playing game 7 of a series, how many of us do you think would travel to Montreal for the opening game of a tourny?

probably lots more than you think.

there's a large number of us who don't really care for hockey, or just never got into it. Yes there are many people who would be conflicted, but there's hundreds who wouldn't have any hesitation about following TFC to MTL.

Maybe if it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.... but what are the odds of that?

J .
04-28-2010, 09:03 AM
111 kicks ass. . and the supporter density in the south end has never been greater. . and will continue that way as people get their appointments to get in tight!

. . . could we have found a POSITIVE to pour results and non-playoff Football at BMO?

TCeYSPsKe5A

ps
TIC TAC TABERNAK!

If they would remove those ridiculous seats, we could get even closer to each other....

OohoooHooohh. Sexy.

But serious, General Admission is something worth fighting for. Imagine the bounce with 112-114 doing it all together? PIIIIMP.

ps.

Who the fucks the limpact?

maninb
04-28-2010, 09:04 AM
^^ "Maybe if it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.... but what are the odds of that?"! :)

Not in our lifetime boyo.....

J .
04-28-2010, 09:05 AM

there's a large number of us who don't really care for hockey, or just never got into it. Yes there are many people who would be conflicted, but there's hundreds who wouldn't have any hesitation about following TFC to MTL.

Maybe if it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.... but what are the odds of that?

If I could go Id totally hit up MTL, it would have to be game 7 of Stans Cup to miss it.

scooter
04-28-2010, 09:06 AM
north end supporters section would be sweet but the prices of seats are way more than what you guys are paying in the south end
if it happened maybe a lot of supporters would not want to pay the higher fees i think fo knows that and didnt want to lose revenue by giving north end seats for a low price and its catch 22 cause they cant up south end seat prices to compensate

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 09:07 AM

0% ;) it cant happen!:drinking:

Parkdale
04-28-2010, 09:07 AM
If I could go Id totally hit up MTL, it would have to be game 7 of Stans Cup to miss it.

same here. Game 7 of the Cup Finals would be an event worth experiencing even if you aren't a fan of the Leafs, but for anything less than that, it's all TFC.

deltox
04-28-2010, 09:08 AM
toronto cant play MTL in the stanley cup....we are in the same division.

so the chances would be zero

Parkdale
04-28-2010, 09:09 AM
toronto cant play MTL in the stanley cup....we are in the same division.

so the chances would be zero

no one said toronto vs montreal.

we were talking about Toronto vs any other team while TFC is playing in montreal.

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Well, at least habsfans have a game 7 to chew over. Leafsfans have zero games.

Boo...!! Go back to Luanda!:D

Shaughno
04-28-2010, 09:13 AM
Enough about that shitty hockey stuff!!!!!!!! I don't care.... we have bigger and better things to talk about. ;) :stogey:

GAME DAY MOTHA FUCKAS!!!!!!!!

Oldtimer
04-28-2010, 09:15 AM
but then again we will always be years behind at home because our supporter groups are all spread out all over BMO FIELD!

I don't think UM02 is any better than 112-113.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 09:15 AM
same here. Game 7 of the Cup Finals would be an event worth experiencing even if you aren't a fan of the Leafs, but for anything less than that, it's all TFC.

I experienced the madness in 91 and 92 when the jays won the world seris..not a big baseball fan at all....but it was NUTS!

Leafs winning a cup.....that on the other hand... MADNESS!!

TFC winning!!....

Wouldnt be as crazy city wide...but in our own little bubble.....would be the greatest night of my life!!:drinking:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 09:17 AM
I don't think UM02 is any better than 112-113.

I justt wish we were a little tighter and organized....not everyone is on the same page....and there is too many regulars in the middle to upper rows in 113

dont get me wrong...its great..its not %100 supporters in the area!!

thats what im referring too

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:18 AM
St Clair 1982 Madness. Damn I-talians...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0k_o26QCu34/SH0XgW-XmvI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/NxLatcHZVok/s400/corso1_1.JPG

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 09:20 AM
Enough about that shitty hockey stuff!!!!!!!! I don't care.... we have bigger and better things to talk about. ;) :stogey:

yes sir.... seeya tonight shags...been a wile! :drinking:

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2010, 09:25 AM

Finally, the voice of reason steps in...

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Shaughno
04-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Fuckin' eh mate. Haven't seen you cruisin' the streets of Cambridge in a while LOL

and for what it's worth, I was there for the '93 WS in Toronto and it was pretty nuts, but not as crazy as after the Greeks won the Euro's... or the Itys won the WC...

billyfly
04-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Fuckin' eh mate. Haven't seen you cruisin' the streets of Cambridge in a while LOL

and for what it's worth, I was there for the '93 WS in Toronto and it was pretty nuts, but not as crazy as after the Greeks won the Euro's... or the Itys won the WC...

Never happened...

Razor
04-28-2010, 09:30 AM

^^ Amen!!

Fuck the Impact!

Waggy
04-28-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh I completely agree that we'd have a solid away contingent. But our away contingent would be 2 or 3 times bigger then theirs anyways. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Either way, is it 7 yet?

Troll
04-28-2010, 10:08 AM
However many it is, they're bringing props with them. I pulled this from their board (with thanks to Google Translate):

I work in a sports shop in Center City, and by cleaning our backstore''''I found a TFC jersey for my personal pleasure I'm going to check the price as it were a $ 100 original price . To my great surprise and I have a good laugh once he has now made $ 10 more than my employee discount would cost me $ 7 plux charges As we go to TO in a few weeks I'd like to say that someone in make a puppet? sew on a 2-mast? Or whatever So if someone want to do something good ..... Just to tell me, I will bring it this Sunday at Struck, (I'll pay my pocket lol I'm crazy) So advice to interested!

I'm sure this won't cause any problems...

Darlofletch
04-28-2010, 10:22 AM

Can I request that if washington wins, the score gets announced over the loudspeakers after the game?

Brooker
04-28-2010, 10:44 AM
0% ;) it cant happen!:drinking:

^^ "Maybe if it was game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.... but what are the odds of that?"! :)

Not in our lifetime boyo.....

careful. they said the exact same thing about professional soccer in toronto ;)

I'm sure this won't cause any problems...

oh jesus. that's not good.

Lennon
04-28-2010, 10:49 AM
111 kicks ass. . and the supporter density in the south end has never been greater.

You can thank me for that :D

Manpon
04-28-2010, 10:52 AM

that's priceless..what a bunch of mooks.

ACSertL
04-28-2010, 10:57 AM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/aSTnfgoLReQ/0.jpg

ExiledRed
04-28-2010, 11:00 AM
They should give 112-114 seating over to supporters groups, move non supporters, so the groups can concentrate themselves with the loudest.

Personally, Id favour bleachers type "seating" and a general admission access to the south end

Just slipping that in and not elaborating on it, makes it seem so innocuous.

Firstly, how do you define a 'non supporter'

secondly, what if you think Im a 'non supporter' but i dont agree with you?

thirdly. what if I actually am a 'non supporter' by your definition, but dont want to move? what if I dont like where you want me to move to? Why the fuck should I surrender the seat I've been paying for for three years, because I dont fit some fanboy criteria as to what constitutes a 'supporter'?

JonO
04-28-2010, 11:07 AM
^ Can always rely on you to respond to these posts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you or trying to disparage you. I'm just impressed you're always there. Kind of like a 6th sense ;)

KdotOdot
04-28-2010, 11:29 AM

thirdly. what if I actually am a 'non supporter' by your definition, but dont want to move? what if I dont like where you want me to move to? Why the fuck should I surrender the seat I've been paying for for three years, because I dont fit some fanboy criteria as to what constitutes a 'supporter'?

Stop being a dick. You're more of a supporter than most of 112.

Shaughno
04-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Stop being a dick. You're more of a supporter than most of 112.

Ian's known to always find the devil's advocate type of view LOL

Whoop
04-28-2010, 11:35 AM
careful. they said the exact same thing about professional soccer in toronto ;)

Toronto had the Blizzard... ;)

Can't wait for tonight!

Trax
04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Wow, 85 Fans

Brooker
04-28-2010, 12:20 PM
Toronto had the Blizzard... ;)

Can't wait for tonight!

founded 4 years after Toronto won it's last Stanley Cup. :D

but yeah, bring on tonight!

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
St Clair 1982 Madness. Damn I-talians...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_0k_o26QCu34/SH0XgW-XmvI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/NxLatcHZVok/s400/corso1_1.JPG
It was well before I was born, but my mom actually has a poster of that exact photo in our laundry room... courtesy of Unico foods. :D lol

J .
04-28-2010, 01:03 PM

1. My feelings on the matter have always been clear so I didint feel the need to elaborate what I felt a supporter was, but it definately includes prticipation in the actions of the group in providing the home ground atmosphere to back the club. These actions include, involvement in the songs, actions, tifos, waving flags and so on. Why stand in a section and not participate when there is another body that would be willing?

2/3. Well, membership in the group, known identity are potential but not all the factors. If youre known to be a quiet sitter, or seats are owned by scalpers, I am of the opinion the person should be forced to be moved to an appropriate section. People in non supporters section who want to stand and chant are removed from the stadium to accomodate someone who wants a quieter atmosphere. Why not ensure both parties can enjoy the game in their own way? I wouldnt go into the 200's and cause problems because thats not what they want and I dont want someone in the supporters section sitting, bitching about the situation there, calling security etc.

Anyway, these points are moot if we had a General Admission into the supporters section and bleachers. That way people who want to be more intense can be without fear of being removed and the quiet supporters can congregate, be quiet without fear of having beer spilt on them and enjoy their own ideal gameday experience.

Parkdale
04-28-2010, 01:09 PM
hmmm.... technically the beer garden is 'general admission' right?
(well you need a seat elsewhere)

CanadaLFC
04-28-2010, 01:39 PM
I experienced the madness in 91 and 92 when the jays won the world seris..not a big baseball fan at all....but it was NUTS!

Leafs winning a cup.....that on the other hand... MADNESS!!

TFC winning!!....

Wouldnt be as crazy city wide...but in our own little bubble.....would be the greatest night of my life!!:drinking:

In my opinion, I think that when(if) we start winning games and make the playoffs, there will be a whole new wave of media attention and I think people will really take to that. If we ever win the MLS Cup, I think we can expect a pretty crazy time in downtown toronto.

Anyways, one step at a time...tic tac..

Technorgasm
04-28-2010, 01:41 PM
there are flies on ALL of you guys. . . but we still like cheese on fries !

akoto
04-28-2010, 04:04 PM
http://img.youtube.com/vi/aSTnfgoLReQ/0.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3DnoxzorYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l3DnoxzorYg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Classic.

RicoSuave44
04-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Can't wait til the end of the match when TFC have won and all the L'impact supporters are licking their wounds.... The stadium announcer comes on the PA announces that Washington have beaten the Habs in game 7. Salt in the wounds.... love it!

Jeffro
04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Sal and I had a couple good run ins with the Ultras... it was kept in good spirits, despite our Barca loss... Most of them supported Inter... Now it's game time bitches!

billyfly
04-28-2010, 07:41 PM
They showed their corner on the TV. No more than 20 guys based on the view I just saw.

sulfur
04-28-2010, 08:58 PM
According to the radio, they actually brought ~120 up.

billyfly
04-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I saw that in teh game thread. Where r they? shattered throughout?

sulfur
04-28-2010, 09:02 PM
They left in disgust? :)

SmokedPanda
04-28-2010, 09:25 PM
they left to go riot after finding out the habs won

FluSH
04-28-2010, 09:39 PM
They showed their corner on the TV. No more than 20 guys based on the view I just saw.

even at that I was impressed to see as the Canadiens had their biggest game of the year tonight...

devioustrevor
04-28-2010, 09:51 PM
even at that I was impressed to see as the Canadiens had their biggest game of the year tonight...

Perhaps, but how had paid for this trip weeks ago before they knew the Habs would be in such a big game.

james
04-28-2010, 10:52 PM
ya really all those fans deffinitly got and booked the trip to play TFC before they had any idea Montreal would be playing Washington in game 7 on the same night. And also believe it or not but not everyone loves and watches hockey, so a few of them tonight might not of cared about the canadians game!

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2010, 09:25 AM
They were at the top of 104. They were silent for most of the second half, for obvious reasons. :D I'd say there were probably 2, possibly 3, rows of them.

billyfly
04-29-2010, 09:34 AM
^That's what the TV showed.

Jack
04-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Good on them for making the trip and standing up there in that wind all night.

Is it just me or has the quality of Montreal's play diminished a fair bit, or are we better than we used to be, or a bit of both?

billyfly
04-29-2010, 09:43 AM
^I was thinking the same thing last night. They had their chances and we had issues etc but overall they didn't have the same flow or "jam" as last year.

JonO
04-29-2010, 09:47 AM
We have never really had trouble against montreal (in terms of controlling the game). Vancouver always gives us bigger problems. That said, regardless of skill, we are a much more organized team this year which I think stands us in good stead for the games against USL teams.

menefreghista
04-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Good on them for making the trip and standing up there in that wind all night.

Is it just me or has the quality of Montreal's play diminished a fair bit, or are we better than we used to be, or a bit of both?

I think the miss having Sandro Grande in the midfield.

That being said, I thought we could have been a bit more dominant with being a man up. But I'm not really going to complain with a 2-0 victory.