PDA

View Full Version : The Difference Today - CHIQUITA BANANA!

Bombonera
04-25-2010, 07:37 PM
Goals, posession and all, FREI saved our (and Mo's..for a while..) butt's today.

Huge save at the start of the 2nd, Fisted a nice clear while I was cringing, and took a solid strike off the face for the good guys. He was a rock!

I think there was a bit of leadership out there for a change, and it wasn't only from DeRo.

Let's Give Frei Some serious points and a big THANK YOU!:scarf:

London
04-25-2010, 07:38 PM
should have been Man fo match

Shakes McQueen
04-25-2010, 07:40 PM
I think JDG bossing the midfield helped mellow out our game a little bit. This is the first game all season where has looked genuinely interested and active in the play for the full 90 minutes.

The team I saw in the second half this afternoon is good enough to make the MLS playoffs. The team I've seen for the rest of the season won't.

- Scott

Bombonera
04-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Let's talk FREI not post game. Otherwise DAnime or some other MODERATOR is going to neg this.

Take a look at what Keller does for Seattle. Not a single gimme.. they trust him and should.

If Frei can balance out his game and become a bit more aggressive on the corner kicks, he will become ridiculously valuable. And I for one don't want to seem him go; no more "Oooooooopa's" for me.

Beach_Red
04-25-2010, 07:50 PM
I think JDG bossing the midfield helped mellow out our game a little bit. This is the first game all season where has looked genuinely interested and active in the play for the full 90 minutes.

The team I saw in the second half this afternoon is good enough to make the MLS playoffs. The team I've seen for the rest of the season won't.

- Scott

Yes.

Pachuco
04-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Awesome game by Frei. Definately a game changer today. He was better then Keller on this day and it made all the difference.

Carts
04-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Awesome game by Frei. Definately a game changer today. He was better then Keller on this day and it made all the difference.

Agreed, he was better then Keller - and that's not an easy task...

Two huge 1-v-1 saves in the 2nd half... A point blank shot stop late in the match with one of our men down in the box... A solid punch (he didn't get all of it - it went more up than out) off a corner...

And not to be forgotten (when looking at the 'highlight reel' plays) he was solid in his decisions to venture out (he didn't do much of that at all) and had safe hands when catching easy shots - giving no second chances...

Carts...

Oldtimer
04-25-2010, 08:00 PM
An excellent draft pick by Mo.

Bombonera
04-25-2010, 08:00 PM
I mean, do you remember good old SUtton sizing up his size 14's desperate to kick the ball forward.

He was heroic every now and then, and I give him thanks, but boy does it make a difference to have a guy back there who you can trust.

ANd, gotta love the Yellow kit; you can see he him from the moon through Iceland's volcanic ash!!!!

denime
04-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Let's talk FREI not post game. Otherwise DAnime or some other MODERATOR is going to neg this.

Take a look at what Keller does for Seattle. Not a single gimme.. they trust him and should.

If Frei can balance out his game and become a bit more aggressive on the corner kicks, he will become ridiculously valuable. And I for one don't want to seem him go; no more "Oooooooopa's" for me.

Yes we will:rolleyes:

Thanks for calling us out,now this thread is going to be merged.

NOT :tongue:

Bombonera
04-25-2010, 08:03 PM
An excellent draft pick by Mo.
Totally agreed. Actually Mo's draft picks haven't been terrible at all, but don't want to get off topic lest the RPB "god's" neg the thread.

Today, FREI is the man (Screw MO!, he get's enough of our attention)

Bombonera
04-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Yes we will:rolleyes:

Thanks for calling us out,now this thread is going to be merged.

NOT :tongue:
THank you sir...for a variety of resons!

Redpunkfiddle
04-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Banana what?

Oh- his shirt. Nice thread title.

Moddddds!

Carts
04-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Banana what?

Oh- his shirt. Nice thread title.

Moddddds!

Oh, I think thats all in fun, in a good way...

Just cheering on Frei's great game...

Carts...

Waggy
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM

The curse of a mid level league my friend. If Frei continues to develop he won't be long for this league. We can see his quality. Hopefully we can hold on to him for a bit longer still. The guy isn't saving Mo; he's saving the team. Also I dunno about anyone else but I loved the yellow kit

Bombonera
04-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Carts...
THanks Carts. THere is plenty of space on the boards to bitch these day. This one is indeed to give some thanks as well as wonder how much a good keeper is worth to us.

DichioTFC
04-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Frei is quality. I was worried after watching that NE game that we would demand a trade but the defence finally clicked in front of him today.

Good to Frei for the first clean sheet of the season. He's truly earned it.

Gixmo
04-25-2010, 08:47 PM
It's clear that I have nothing but love for Mr. Frei, He's a great young prodigy and will go places as he develops. It's a clean sheet well EARNED, not given to him by the team. He earned it himself. Congratulations are in order!

Redpunkfiddle
04-25-2010, 08:59 PM

Carts...

I just kid about unclear thread titles. Certainly a minor injustice that he was not MOM.