PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game (NCC): TFC vs. Montreal Impact (April 28th)

TFC USA
04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
Wednesday, April 28, home to Montreal Impact at 8:00 p.m.
We're back to defend our title and it starts at BMO. :scarf::flare:

Last year we won 1-0 on a Barrett strike before the Miracle in Montreal.

Now it's time to get this party started one more time in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship.

TFCRegina
04-25-2010, 03:27 PM
We're back to defend our title and it starts at BMO. :scarf::flare:

Last year we won 1-0 on a Barrett strike before the Miracle in Montreal.

Now it's time to get this party started one more time in the Nutrilite Canadian Championship.

Montreal brings out the best in Chad Barrett...this is an opportunity for him to get some of his confidence back.

Redcoe15
04-25-2010, 03:32 PM
It'll be interesting to see what kind of lineup Preki puts out there. After today's victory over Seattle, will he rest some key people?

Keystone FC
04-25-2010, 03:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see what kind of lineup Preki puts out there. After today's victory over Seattle, will he rest some key people?
Unsure? After Montreal we have fly out to RSL and then come back to TO for Chicago so there are some decisions to make, but I think it depends alot on the players and how banged up they may be. Preki knows this is an important tournament for TFC so this may weigh heavy in the process.

bigtfcfan
04-25-2010, 03:41 PM
I think Preki will rest some key players. Give a chance for other players to come in and prove themselves. We should be able to beat Montreal while resting some starters.

DichioTFC
04-25-2010, 03:46 PM
--------------- Frei--------------
--Usanov---CanNana----Alpha Soup--
--Gargan--DeRo--JDG---LaBrocca--
---Barret--------OBW--------------

With Peterson, Cronin and Saric coming off the bench.

Brooker
04-25-2010, 03:46 PM
think Conway will get his first start?

DichioTFC
04-25-2010, 03:49 PM
think Conway will get his first start?
Absolutely no way. Its' too early in the season to rest Frei and with the team only starting to build confidence, theres no reason to switch keepers

jloome
04-25-2010, 03:51 PM
--------------- Frei--------------
--Usanov---CanNana----Alpha Soup--
--Gargan--DeRo--Saric---LaBrocca--
---Barret--------OBW--------------

With Peterson, Cronin and Gala coming off the bench.

Rest JDG in the first leg? Madness!

twistedchinaman
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Montreal brings out the best in Chad Barrett...this is an opportunity for him to get some of his confidence back.

One only hopes...

DichioTFC
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Rest JDG in the first leg? Madness!

LOL i'm an idiot...:facepalm:

twistedchinaman
04-25-2010, 04:04 PM
Anyone want to jump the gun and weigh in with a prediction?

TFC USA
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Toronto FC 6 Montreal 1

DichioTFC
04-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Anyone want to jump the gun and weigh in with a prediction?

2-0. Shaky first half for Toronto matched by shakier first half for Montreal. Preki works some halftime magic and we see a continuation of today's second half.

I see Dr. Evil getting his first goal of the season

Ossington Mental Youth
04-25-2010, 04:14 PM
i think there will be some rested

---------Conway--------
gargan---CanNana----Harden
Gala---Cronin-DeGuzman (he'll play half)---Peterson
------Barrett------DeRo (he'll play half)

twistedchinaman
04-25-2010, 04:27 PM
2-0. Shaky first half for Toronto matched by shakier first half for Montreal. Preki works some halftime magic and we see a continuation of today's second half.

I see Dr. Evil getting his first goal of the season

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTmXHvGZiSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jTmXHvGZiSY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

One hundred billion dollars!

:lol:

TFC USA
04-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Should be noted the last Montreal game was the one where Nick Garcia nearly lost everything for us. :D :facepalm:

Carts
04-25-2010, 04:43 PM
I think Preki was definitely thinking about the busy fixture list when he subbed Dero off late in the 2nd half today...

2-nil lead, Dero runs all over the pitch - take any chance to give him any rest we can afford to give him and bring on Gala - even if its only 10-12 mins...

Carts...

ag futbol
04-25-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd definitely put Conway or Kocic in net for this one. There will be a day not too far into the future, where Stephan Frei will turn into a big pile of cash and we're going to have to count on one of these guys to hold the fort. I'd prefer if they had a game here or there as opposed to a drastic cutoff where we go from Frei to someone we've never seen on the field before.

There's no doubt who #1 is and who will handle the majority of the games. But that doesn't mean we can't squeak in a game or so in for the backups, especially in a week like this one where it's 3 in 7 days and we're playing a (theoretically) weaker opponent mid-week.

Lucky Strike
04-25-2010, 09:16 PM
I'd definitely put Conway or Kocic in net for this one. There will be a day not too far into the future, where Stephan Frei will turn into a big pile of cash and we're going to have to count on one of these guys to hold the fort. I'd prefer if they had a game here or there as opposed to a drastic cutoff where we go from Frei to someone we've never seen on the field before.

There's no doubt who #1 is and who will handle the majority of the games. But that doesn't mean we can't squeak in a game or so in for the backups, especially in a week like this one where it's 3 in 7 days and we're playing a (theoretically) weaker opponent mid-week.

I'd strongly disagree, the keeper is one position where players don't need to be rotated simply for the fact that they aren't running all over the place.

But for Montreal on Wednesday, I'd actually like to see a full team play just to get ourselves ahead of the 8-ball. It's a short tournament and it's much easier to play it from ahead than trying to catch up. Plus I think this strategy would work better given the type of mentality TFC has.

After Montreal, do a soft rotation. Not 5-6 players like Seattle did today, but maybe 2, then 2 more the next game, then 2 more, etc... Of course, adjust depending on the needs and what's happening both in the league and in NCC.

rocker
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
i just hope we can get more than 1-0 wins at home in this tourney. From what I remember, most previous homegames have seen TFC dominate the run of play but not come away with much more than a 1-0 win or tie. Cuz you know flying out to Vancouver and trying to get a win on the road is always going to be tough. (although Montreal seems very welcoming for TFC ;)

RealG-TFC
04-25-2010, 09:46 PM
Did they lose today or what?

Smokecell
04-25-2010, 09:56 PM
Did they lose today or what?

1-1 against portland @ saputo

kitchener-TFC
04-25-2010, 10:04 PM
I'd like to see today's starting 11 take to the pitch on Wednesday. The only thing I'd like to see is early substitutions, to avoid key players (DeRo, De Guzman in particular) from getting too tired.
Substitutes:
Cronin for DeGuzman (75)
Gargan for Barrett (65)
Gala for DeRo (70)

jazzy
04-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Should be noted the last Montreal game was the one where Nick Garcia nearly lost everything for us. :D :facepalm:

BTW he wouldn't dare start Garcia????????????

Pachuco
04-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Here's to hoping Saric doesn't start.

Call me negative, but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Not because I don't think we CAN do it, it's just murphy's law that we follow up a good game with a mediocre one against a USL team. Sooo, I'm calling this a 1-1 game which is a poor result at home in such a short tourney. Note that I called the Seattle game at 2-0, for Seattle, so I love to be wrong.

Mojo
04-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Sincerely hope to see a giant banner with nothing but "6-1" on it.

KezmanCCCC
04-25-2010, 11:12 PM
i cant wait for this match.. it will be the first one i attend this season... i i hope preki takes the NCC seriously this year... because its just as serious for us TFC supports as the MSL is...

ag futbol
04-25-2010, 11:22 PM
I'd strongly disagree, the keeper is one position where players don't need to be rotated simply for the fact that they aren't running all over the place.

This is true, but it doesn't stop teams from rotating guys into that position. It's common to see it in early rounds of the FA cup.

I'd like to win this thing, but if we stay organized it doesn't have to be a first choice squad that does the job.

After that, I could care less about the CCL. Until other countries start giving a rats ass about the tournament it's value is vastly cheapened. I'd rather do well in the league than concentrate on beating up Joe Public FC and some Mexican side's 2nd choice roster. As it stands nobody takes it seriously until they are deep into it, so I really don't think we should throw all our effort behind it.

TFCRegina
04-25-2010, 11:25 PM
This is true, but it doesn't stop teams from rotating guys into that position. It's common to see it in early rounds of the FA cup.

I'd like to win this thing, but if we stay organized it doesn't have to be a first choice squad that does the job.

After that, I could care less about the CCL. Until other countries start giving a rats ass about the tournament it's value is vastly cheapened. I'd rather do well in the league than concentrate on beating up Joe Public FC and some Mexican side's 2nd choice roster. As it stands nobody takes it seriously until they are deep into it, so I really don't think we should throw all our effort behind it.

I disagree.

I think it's quite important and the only way it gains more importance is if teams put emphasis on it. It's a first mover problem. Montreal took it seriously and raised the bar. We want to surpass that and go deeper. It's about winning. Oh and if we qualify for the Club World Cup...well, we're up against the best of the best. It's important to do well.

nascarguy
04-25-2010, 11:29 PM
what is everyone doing before the game

KezmanCCCC
04-25-2010, 11:36 PM
I disagree.

I think it's quite important and the only way it gains more importance is if teams put emphasis on it. It's a first mover problem. Montreal took it seriously and raised the bar. We want to surpass that and go deeper. It's about winning. Oh and if we qualify for the Club World Cup...well, we're up against the best of the best. It's important to do well.

i fullly agree with you on this one... the CCL is serious and its important to do well...

twistedchinaman
04-26-2010, 12:28 AM
Sincerely hope to see a giant banner with nothing but "6-1" on it.

That's a karma bomb waiting to explode...so no.

SilverSamurai
04-26-2010, 12:33 AM
i fullly agree with you on this one... the CCL is serious and its important to do well...
+1.

This is the start of a long road in the Champions League.
As much as I want TFC to win the MLS Cup, I'd rather see them in the Club World Cup.
Hell even going far in the CCL would do wonders.

Anyways, I'll be at the game. Woohoo! :scarf:

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 01:16 AM
That's a karma bomb waiting to explode...so no.

Hmm, I disagree. But I'm agnostic, I don't believe in Karma...I believe in skill and opportunity.

I'd love to see a 6-1 banner or some variation of a theme...maybe an Odds related joke? 6 to 1 odds... :D

twistedchinaman
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
+1.

This is the start of a long road in the Champions League.
As much as I want TFC to win the MLS Cup, I'd rather see them in the Club World Cup.
Hell even going far in the CCL would do wonders.

Anyways, I'll be at the game. Woohoo! :scarf:

I'll be at work that night...blag. :(

twistedchinaman
04-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Hmm, I disagree. But I'm agnostic, I don't believe in Karma...I believe in skill and opportunity.

You're talking to a Buddhist -- and a strong believer in the what goes around comes around theory...

So I'd try to not rub in last year too much...IMO.

maninb
04-26-2010, 07:09 AM
I'll wager the refs are already aware how big a talentless hack Saric is, and are just waiting to give him a straight red...hoping Preki has enough sense to nail him to the bench along with Garcia...

Beach_Red
04-26-2010, 08:28 AM
Montreal won't score a goal against us in the tournament.

Red CB Toronto
04-26-2010, 08:36 AM
It will be great as usual to welcome Mr. Braz back to BMO.

I think Preki has to put out a top flight lineup atleast to start things off, if the score gets to a place where the Reds are comfortable, then he should make some subs with the weekend in mind.

ManUtd4ever
04-26-2010, 08:45 AM
Montreal won't score a goal against us in the tournament.

I admire your optimism but our backline, although greatly improved, is still far from invincible. That being said, TFC will be riding a wave of genuine confidence for the first time this season going into Wednesday's match against Montreal. Preki has to ensure that the players maintain an even keel and keep up the same level of intensity. DeRo, JDG, and Frei are far superior to anyone on Montreal's roster and as long as TFC doesn't play down to the level of the competition, it should be an easy victory...

Broadview
04-26-2010, 08:57 AM
After yesterday's game Frei said he couldn't direct his defenders because of his voice. If this is still the case wednesday then I have no problem seeing him sit one out.

rocker
04-26-2010, 09:28 AM
I admire your optimism but our backline, although greatly improved, is still far from invincible.

but look at it another way -- montreal has never been particularly adept at scoring. although I don't really know what they've done to improve their strike force this offseason.

FOGES
04-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Foges' wish list:
1) give cronin the start. hes got experience in this competition (for what its worth), and has earned it IMO
2) play possession football. TFC's 2nd half vs. SSFC was the best half they've played in a long time. patient possession play tires defenders legs, wears down opposition offensive flow and eventually leads to scoring ops/goals
3) play the canucks! feature canadian talent as much as possible (this is for both clubs)
4) C'mon Barrett! I think most of you agree Chad plays with great passion and hustle, it would be great to see him get in the habit of scoring
5) start the tourney well. someone mentioned how important a good start in this competition is and its true. early wins lead signify good things. I'd be thrilled with 2-0 or 3-1

Section 117
04-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Tic Tack ......

jloome
04-26-2010, 10:26 AM

Call me negative, but I don't have a good feeling about this one. Not because I don't think we CAN do it, it's just murphy's law that we follow up a good game with a mediocre one against a USL team. Sooo, I'm calling this a 1-1 game which is a poor result at home in such a short tourney. Note that I called the Seattle game at 2-0, for Seattle, so I love to be wrong.

Guaranteed he'll start. Preki knows one of the reasons players wind up in USL is composure. He'll be trying to push their buttons.

jloome
04-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Well, I'm also agnostic. But if the theists are correct, Lord please give us a 6-0 victory, so we can crow about how much bullshit it was when Vancouver complained about a win against a team that had seven starters in the lineups.

Then, yea verily, let us smite the Whitecaps, as the almighty backhand of vengeance stifles the bitching.

Lucky Strike
04-26-2010, 10:30 AM
but look at it another way -- montreal has never been particularly adept at scoring. although I don't really know what they've done to improve their strike force this offseason.

But look at it yet another way: stop trying to jinx us already! :D

jloome
04-26-2010, 10:32 AM
But look at it yet another way: stop trying to jinx us already! :D

THey added Reda Agouram, the top striker in the CSL last year, but that's about it. Vancouver is the stronger of the two squads, I suspect by some margin, as it's already starting to bring in players it expects will survive to make the MLS roster.

slimreaper
04-26-2010, 10:34 AM
judging by preki's comments in his presser after yesterday's game, i'd expect some changes...namely petersen, cronin, gargan, and gala to start.

Super Cereal
04-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Here's to hoping he plays the full 90 minutes.

menefreghista
04-26-2010, 11:25 AM
THey added Reda Agouram, the top striker in the CSL last year, but that's about it.

They have also added Tyler Hemming. But other than that they appear to be essentially the same squad as last year.

They have started the season with a loss to Austin and a tie with Portland.

billyfly
04-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Won't be there on Wed :(.

First game of the NCC at BMO that I will have missed.

rocker
04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Won't be there on Wed :(.

part time supporter! ;)

ilikemusic
04-26-2010, 04:10 PM
Can somebody please complain to Sportsnet about their NCC commercials?

I know theyre a two bit organization to start with, but get the name of the fucking team right.

Its been four years now! It is not called 'The Toronto FC'.

And even worse, they call it 'The TFC' in the ad as well.

Its pitiful. :facepalm:

THA BUTCHA
04-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Looking Forward to this Weds. Its always the best game of the year.

I just hope that TFC realises that NCC and CONCACAF are very important to the fans.

any way sorry to drop this link but I'm obligated to let everyone know.

THE ETERNAL LIMP ACT SONG

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22134

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I tried to put one together...but nothing ever came of it...

TorCanSoc
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
2-0 Toronto. As long as Julian stays out of the wall. (he did it again against Seattle)

TFCRegina
04-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Can somebody please complain to Sportsnet about their NCC commercials?

I know theyre a two bit organization to start with, but get the name of the fucking team right.

Its been four years now! It is not called 'The Toronto FC'.

And even worse, they call it 'The TFC' in the ad as well.

Its pitiful. :facepalm:

The Toronto Football Club is still better than simply FC...or Football Club.

I prefer the current use of The Toronto FC to simply FC.

rocker
04-26-2010, 06:35 PM
where's that video of the Impact breakdown in Mexico in the CCL? always good for a laugh!

TorCanSoc
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
^rocker:Oh man I forgot about that one. I watched that game. That was brutal.

tfc2007
04-26-2010, 06:48 PM
I think they should go with the best possible 11.

Lets get ahead early in this tourny, so the last few games we can play a complete reserve team.

jloome
04-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm going with 2-0 Toronto. Montreal looks, to me, to have shedded talent (at least for USL level) and Toronto's tighter defensively.

daner90
04-26-2010, 09:31 PM
tic tack tabernack!!

Lennon
04-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I think they should go with the best possible 11.

Lets get ahead early in this tourny, so the last few games we can play a complete reserve team.

Agreed. Throw on the reserves if we get a 2 goal lead.

Troll
04-27-2010, 08:35 AM
what is everyone doing before the game

Actually a pretty nice little Wednesday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

menefreghista
04-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Actually a pretty nice little Wednesday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Are you planning to go streaking in the quad being Shoeless Joes afterward?

jloome
04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Agreed. Throw on the reserves if we get a 2 goal lead.

Oooh, that kind of thing always makes me nervous.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-27-2010, 10:21 AM
4-1 tfc

jaxul
04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Shouldn't be a problem for us...anything less than 3 goals scored will be somewhat disapointing IMO.

KdotOdot
04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Shouldn't be a problem for us...anything less than 3 goals scored will be somewhat disapointing IMO.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

James Oliphant
04-27-2010, 11:26 AM
^
Seconded.

Troll
04-27-2010, 11:32 AM

Was the 6 goals you allowed 'somewhat disapointing'?

jaxul
04-27-2010, 11:37 AM
Umm I am a TFC fan...i live in Mississauga. Not sure why ppl assumed I was an Impact fan :facepalm:

:D

James Oliphant
04-27-2010, 11:38 AM
^
I didn't.

JonO
04-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Oooh, that kind of thing always makes me nervous.Agreed. And Preki too probably. In his post game interview he mention he considered 2-0 to be a dangerous lead, so I'm not sure he'd be inclined to do that...

JonO
04-27-2010, 11:41 AM
Umm I am a TFC fan...i live in Mississauga. Not sure why ppl assumed I was an Impact fan :facepalm:

I think only Troll made that mistake. The others were laughing at the expectation that TFC scores at least 3 goals...

ecospice
04-27-2010, 11:44 AM

Is he still on the team? I think I saw him at Lil'Baci in Leslieville eating with his family after the game instead of out celebrating with the team... (I still was feeling the effects of the wobbly pops I had at BMO, so I could be wrong). But it sure looked like him.

TFCRegina
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Is he still on the team? I think I saw him at Lil'Baci in Leslieville eating with his family after the game instead of out celebrating with the team... (I still was feeling the effects of the wobbly pops I had at BMO, so I could be wrong). But it sure looked like him.

He's still on the team...dressing. Probably a Mo stipulation or Preki making him feel good about himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires and gets a job in the organization. Maybe he can do that with decent competency.

I'm not against Garcia the man, I'm against Garcia the player. And really, he used to be good. So maybe he'd be a good man in the organization. But right now, he's hated for his play. Everything I've heard about him says he's a nice guy...but again, we judge his performance, not whether he kisses hands and shakes babies.

maninb
04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
"Everything I've heard about him says he's a nice guy"...perhaps not.....He's known amongst his teammates as "Mo's Man in the Dressing Room"....I heard one TFC player call him "that rat that came from Kansas City".....maybe he is a nice guy but not well liked by his teammates...

TFCRegina
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
"Everything I've heard about him says he's a nice guy"...perhaps not.....He's known amongst his teammates as "Mo's Man in the Dressing Room"....I heard one TFC player call him "that rat that came from Kansas City".....maybe he is a nice guy but not well liked by his teammates...

I wouldn't like him either if I was in the dressing room. But it's called seperating personal from professional.

Besides, if he retires, we free up a roster spot and cap space...I'd gladly trade Garcia in the squad to Garcia in the organization at this point.

Shaughno
04-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Alright enough of this bullshit talk about the media and FO and all that jazz. Time for proper footy talk.

Who's your starting XI for tomorrow's match????

Nuvinho
04-27-2010, 01:28 PM
anyone but Garcia.

TFCRegina
04-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Alright enough of this bullshit talk about the media and FO and all that jazz. Time for proper footy talk.

Who's your starting XI for tomorrow's match????

My probable lineup, as in not desired but expected.

--------------Frei----------------
Harden----Attakora-----Cann----Gala
------------Cronin------------
------Gargan-----Peterson-----
------------De Ro-------------
------Barrett-----Ibrahim------

Subs:

Garcia
White
Labrocca
Alphabet Soup
Saric
De Guzman
Conway

Alternatively we could see White up top instead of Barrett, but I think Preki wants to get him into match fitness...either way, we're going to see one striker rested for RSL.

David_Oliveira
04-27-2010, 01:42 PM
My probable lineup, as in not desired but expected.

--------------Frei----------------
Harden----Attakora-----Cann----Gala
------------Cronin------------
------Gargan-----Peterson-----
------------De Ro-------------
------Barrett-----Ibrahim------

Subs:

Garcia
White
Labrocca
Alphabet Soup
Saric
De Guzman
Conway

Alternatively we could see White up top instead of Barrett, but I think Preki wants to get him into match fitness...either way, we're going to see one striker rested for RSL.

I think that after a game like he had Sunday he would definitely start. I understand resting him but not this early.

TFCRegina
04-27-2010, 01:45 PM
I think that after a game like he had Sunday he would definitely start. I understand resting him but not this early.

The concern I see with this is that De Guzman is needed for RSL, and he's from La Liga. Contrary to popular belief, playing in Europe is a lot different than North America. A smart coach will understand that he needs to ease his newly acquired European players into the system (and De Guz is relatively new, compared to others) and get them a rest. It's one of the reasons why I sat Alphabet Soup and Usanov as well.

These guys are used to playing in one or two time zones tops, and typically at elevation near sea level. We should have rested these guys for the Philly Union game as well, so we could have achieved a better result in Colorado.

Resting De Guz and bringing him on as a 60-70th minute sub would be smart, and while I agree we need to play the best squad possible, Preki also will need to take into consideration that TFC is playing 3 games in the space of one week.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-27-2010, 01:58 PM
http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp?&id=809

:)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Sit deguzman....

Not happening

GBV
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
What's the o/u on attendance?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-27-2010, 02:10 PM
What's the o/u on attendance?

16000 OVER

only because they will say its sold out! ;)

Darlofletch
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
I'd like to see Peterson get some playing time, we still need a decent reliable winger to give us some width when necessary, so it would be good to find out if he can be that guy.

I'd probably keep a similar line-up formation to the seattle game, but peterson instead of de guzman out wide and De guzman instead of saric.

GBV
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Attendance: Yeah I'm worried it could be lower than Sunday's.

Darlofletch
04-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Also, can we stop making fun of Hscanovics' name. It's really not that hard, and is easier and quicker to type than alphabet soup.

I'm not going to go as far as to call it racist, but there's definitely an element of "oh, those crazy eastern europeans with their funny language and odd looking names" to it. Isn't toronto supposed to be all urban, multicultural and worldly.

sorry for being so sanctimonious, but it's really starting to bug me.

Dave67
04-27-2010, 02:20 PM
It's a term of endearment. Like scrabble. Don't let it bug you.

mastermixer
04-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Preki said today that a lot of the guys are "banged up" and to expect some line up changes for tomorrow.

mastermixer
04-27-2010, 02:28 PM
And another thing... why are they still training indoors?
There are hundreds of grass fields available in the GTA they can't find one to practice on?

Auzzy
04-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Also, can we stop making fun of Hscanovics' name. It's really not that hard, and is easier and quicker to type than alphabet soup.

I'm not going to go as far as to call it racist, but there's definitely an element of "oh, those crazy eastern europeans with their funny language and odd looking names" to it. Isn't toronto supposed to be all urban, multicultural and worldly.

Agreed. Or just call him Raivis, that's easy enough to remember. (Although Alphabet Soup is still pretty funny, especially considering his early tendency to turn opponents into alphabet soup with tasty slide tackles...)

RE training, Oakville also has outdoor (grass) fields. I think last week they weren't ready yet. Are they indoors or outdoors today?

Jeff s
04-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I have a feeling Garcia will start...

rocker
04-27-2010, 02:46 PM

don't worry about it. you're going, right? that's all that matters. go to the game, yell, chant, sing, support your team, and don't worry about the people who aren't there.

Brooker
04-27-2010, 02:59 PM

The Southend will be packed. That's all that matters.

backbeat
04-27-2010, 03:07 PM

that's really uncalled for - no need to go depressing everybody!!:rolleyes:

mastermixer
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Also might be a little chilly tomorrow night near the lake so either bundle up or get plastered so you won't feel it.

ecospice
04-27-2010, 03:10 PM

I just call him Scano. It is easy to say - easier than alphabet soup - and it took me 'til now to figure out what that meant, too.:facepalm:

Brooker
04-27-2010, 03:28 PM
Also might be a little chilly tomorrow night near the lake so either bundle up or get plastered so you won't feel it.

ahem.

T.O TILL I DIE
04-27-2010, 03:47 PM
6-1 montreal fucked it up

pekduck
04-27-2010, 04:44 PM
will this be streamed?

i'm stuck in Pittsburgh and need to watch it live

dantdot
04-27-2010, 05:07 PM
The usual sources probably won't stream it, they all use MLS feeds. Last year I remember an Impact fan hosting a justin.tv stream.

jimiv
04-27-2010, 05:25 PM
The thing that scares me the most about this game is that the last time I felt this sure TFC would win was October 24th 2009.

:facepalm:

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-27-2010, 05:39 PM

I've failed to notice this, but it goes without saying that I agree with your point.

The east stand will probably be 3/4 empty, as usual, but meh. Sometimes I wish they would switch things around and tape from the east stand for TV broadcasts, because the west stand isn't embarrassingly empty... because that's not where the corporate season tickets are.

atlanticTFCfan
04-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Looks like the grey kits aren't dead yet! Found out that TFC will use them throughout the NCC.

TFCRegina
04-27-2010, 07:36 PM

And Saskatchewan is known for it's eastern european population, your point is?

I myself am part Russian...I still think his name is absolutely ridiculous to spell.

jazzy
04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Looks like the grey kits aren't dead yet! Found out that TFC will use them throughout the NCC.

And still on sale at 50% off at centre sports and the game as per e-mail

FOGES
04-27-2010, 10:31 PM
^^^ sooooo...we're not 'the Reds' anymore? i thought tomorrow was a home game...

menefreghista
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM
The Impact are staying at the SkyDome hotel (Renaissance, I guess). I went to tonight's Jays game and saw Rocco Placentino and 2 other Impact guys just hanging around outside.

On the way home I saw a few Impact guys in the Hotel lobby.

GuelphStorm2007
04-27-2010, 11:12 PM
I hope they start Peterson ant the same time if and I mean if they have a decent lead I hope they make some substituions because the next game in Salt Lake City with the high Altitude and high humidity will be killer. And we all know how they tend to play on the road.

Troll
04-27-2010, 11:28 PM

I mistook you for somebody else that had an equally stupid name. :D

HAHA, I'm kidding. Sorry for making that shitty assumption. Shame on me.

Yohan
04-27-2010, 11:52 PM
looking forward to hearing reports of Barrett pwning Impact once again :)

twistedchinaman
04-28-2010, 12:21 AM

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

twistedchinaman
04-28-2010, 12:23 AM

Technorgasm
04-28-2010, 07:23 AM
"Nevio is a Mutt
He has a rubber Butt.
every time he goes to shoot it goes Putt-Putt~!

bJ9r8LMU9bQ

We really cant stand them. . .
FUCK THE IMPACT!
FUCK THE IMPACT!

FUCK THE IMPACT!
FUCK THE IMPACT!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Brilliant!!

FUCK THE IMPACT!
FUCK THE IMPACT!

LOL

daner90
04-28-2010, 07:42 AM
Gameday Bitches!!

Here we go, here we go, here we go!! :scarf::scarf:

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Okay, so where's the World Club Championship next year? I gotta save up.

Toronto 2-0

ManUtd4ever
04-28-2010, 07:51 AM
3-0 TFC. If Garcia starts, 3-2 TFC...

:scarf:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Okay, so where's the World Club Championship next year? I gotta save up.

Toronto 2-0

Abu Dhabi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi)!! ;)

WE surely as hell will never HOST a world cup here in Canada!!.....

But i would definitely settle for HOSTING a world club championship here in TO!

Technorgasm
04-28-2010, 07:59 AM
The only North American team to EVER win the CONCACAF portion of the club world cup is DC United. . . .. . that is. . Until we do it in the near future. .

LEts start by giving the Blue Bastards from la belle province a right, royal RED spanking!

FUCK THE IMPACT!
FUCK THE IMPACT!

maninb
04-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Lets see...2 games with Garcia nailed to the bench and ZERO GOALS AGAINST from open play...and Preki is gonna start that useless twat????
I swear this team will drive me to drink....but I've never needed an excuse...:drinking:

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Until other countries start giving a rats ass about the tournament it's value is vastly cheapened.

Yes please lets wait till Milan and Liverpool fear seeing us at the World Club Championship to care. I mean, we're all just here because the media's telling us that the FC is the hottest ticket in town.:rolleyes:

Our route to playing the best in the world starts here. If we drop a game around this tournament I for one am not one to say "If only we snuck into the playoffs I could've went to Columbus again" instead of Mexico and beyond.

Technorgasm
04-28-2010, 08:45 AM
"And we all umped up and Sung. .

WHEN TORONTO beat the Impact 6 to 1 !!"

TCeYSPsKe5A

6 to 1 bitches !!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-28-2010, 08:51 AM
"And we all umped up and Sung. .

WHEN TORONTO beat the Impact 6 to 1 !!"

TCeYSPsKe5A

6 to 1 bitches !!

DERO WAS A MAN POSSESSED that night!!:flare:

maninb
04-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Ahhhhh...that was mucho enjoyable....also a noteworthy reminder that the "Pylon Known as Garcia" should NEVER see the pitch again....unless we're up by 4 goals.....

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Ahhhhh...that was mucho enjoyable....also a noteworthy reminder that the "Pylon Known as Garcia" should NEVER see the pitch again....unless we're up by 40 goals.....

Fixed.

Seriously though, I understand and appreciate the concept of rotation but I'm really concerned it'll mean Garcia will play again. All jokes about his ineptitude aside, what if he turns in a half-decent performance? Right now his ass is glued to the bench, I don't want anything to change that.

swan
04-28-2010, 09:49 AM
:( i'm going to miss this 1 i'm going to be on a plane flying to cailiforna...

Oldtimer
04-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Fixed.

Seriously though, I understand and appreciate the concept of rotation but I'm really concerned it'll mean Garcia will play again. All jokes about his ineptitude aside, what if he turns in a half-decent performance? Right now his ass is glued to the bench, I don't want anything to change that.

On the other hand, if he makes another huge error, his ass won't only be glued to the bench, it will be nailed down, as well.

kitchener-TFC
04-28-2010, 09:57 AM
^^^ sooooo...we're not 'the Reds' anymore? i thought tomorrow was a home game...
I was also surprised by this. Is it so hard to wear Red at home? C'mon, wear grey or white on the road. BMO Field was meant to be RED.

LesH
04-28-2010, 09:59 AM
At this time I'm very worried that there won't be any streams to watch the game... (I'm in New Jersey)
ATDHE does not have this one on it's schedule.

So please when someone will found out about any stream, post in this thread or in the game thread.
I think I'm speaking for many people in my situation.

Thanks in advance!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 10:14 AM
DERO WAS A MAN POSSESSED that night!!:flare:

And I was one very drunk, cold, wet man that night...but it was a hell of a lot of fun.

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 10:16 AM

Frank the Tank! Frank the Tank!

Pearce321
04-28-2010, 10:22 AM
At this time I'm very worried that there won't be any streams to watch the game... (I'm in New Jersey)
ATDHE does not have this one on it's schedule.

So please when someone will found out about any stream, post in this thread or in the game thread.
I think I'm speaking for many people in my situation.

Thanks in advance!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Same here. If anyone finds a stream for the game, post it in the game thread or this one please!

Musse
04-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Looks like we will be seeing Montreal in 2012 according to mlssoccer.com

"This year’s NCC has the makings of being the most competitive yet and will reach another level once the three clubs are all in MLS in the next three years."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/curtain-set-raise-nutrilite-canadian-championship

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Looks like we will be seeing Montreal in 2012 according to mlssoccer.com

"This year’s NCC has the makings of being the most competitive yet and will reach another level once the three clubs are all in MLS in the next three years."

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/curtain-set-raise-nutrilite-canadian-championship

That was the most quiet MLS franchise announcement yet.

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 11:11 AM
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: Does anyone know of an online site that will show it? Atdhe doesn't have a link up yet...

I dont get Sportsnet here and not sure of a bar close by that would show it.

tfcleeds
04-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Tic Tac Tabernac....

Yohan
04-28-2010, 11:17 AM
And I was one very drunk, cold, wet man that night...but it was a hell of a lot of fun.
and the pandemonium on the stands when Barrett of all people scored the 5th goal...

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 11:18 AM
and the pandemonium on the stands when Barrett of all people scored the 5th goal...

I ended up three rows down...I'm still not sure what exactly happened...I just remember jumping.

tfcleeds
04-28-2010, 11:23 AM
That glorious night in Montreal...who could forget it? Maybe this year, we can clinch the NCC at HOME!

jloome
04-28-2010, 11:25 AM
If you get RDS, the french channel, they're rebroadcasting it at 1045. I know that doesn't help find an immediate stream, but I'm not sure there is one. At least that way you'd get to see the game

Krasno.pL.
04-28-2010, 11:38 AM
another Windy ass night at BMO?

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-28-2010, 11:43 AM
That glorious night in Montreal...who could forget it? Maybe this year, we can clinch the NCC at HOME!
Then we could refer to it as 'that night in Toronto'... :D

o6QDjDPRF5c

:scarf:

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 11:52 AM
If you get RDS, the french channel, they're rebroadcasting it at 1045. I know that doesn't help find an immediate stream, but I'm not sure there is one. At least that way you'd get to see the game

Appreciate it jloome, but the only Canadian channel that I get is CBC.

I guess that leads to the next question... does anyone know of a bar in Windsor-ish area that will be playing the game?

flambe
04-28-2010, 12:15 PM
quick question, how come GolTV (the official channel for Toronto FC) isn't showing this game?

and why is the GolTV site SO bad? the schedule isn't even available for today!

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-28-2010, 12:18 PM
Pretty sure that Sportsnet have exclusive rights to the NCC in Canada, which would be why.

menefreghista
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
quick question, how come GolTV (the official channel for Toronto FC) isn't showing this game?

and why is the GolTV site SO bad? the schedule isn't even available for today!

1. Sportsnet has the rights to the NCC.

2. The Gol TV site has always been absolute garbage. I was hoping this would change after MLSE bought it, but it hasn't changed. How can you not update your schedule? Fuck hire me and I'll do it. Its embarrassing.

There's a possibility that Gol TV may re-run the game tomorrow, but their schedule sucks, so how would anyone know?

Interesting that RDS has gotten on board for this event.

Someone may want to check www.RDS.ca to see if they are streaming it live? RDS is part of the TSN family and TSN is known to stream events. My french is practically non-existent so if I searched it would be futile.

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Pretty sure that Sportsnet have exclusive rights to the NCC in Canada, which would be why.

Sportsnet has exclusive CSA rights. And since this is a CSA tournament, they get to broadcast it.

TFC_Junky
04-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Appreciate it jloome, but the only Canadian channel that I get is CBC.

I guess that leads to the next question... does anyone know of a bar in Windsor-ish area that will be playing the game?

DichioTFC, i went to school in windsor, you could try "The Junction" aka the ditch. it's a sports bar upstairs and a dance bar in the basement. Come over the bridge and it's a couple streets over on the right hand side. Hope that helps, although I can't say whether it's still open or not. There are a bunch of pubs at the corner of Oulette and Wyandotte downtown that may show it...:D

KdotOdot
04-28-2010, 12:32 PM
Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

Fuck Montreal

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

Fuck Montreal

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

Fuck Montreal

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

Fuck Montreal

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

Shaughno
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
GAAAAAMMMMMMMEEEE DAAAAAYYYYYYYYY

Fuck Montreaaaaal
Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
...Not sure exactly what purpose this thread is intended to serve, but I like the idea.

tfcleeds
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM
What a freakin' day. Barca/Inter in CL, followed by World Cup Trophy presentation, followed by the piece de resistance - TFC/LIMPACT!

Only way this day could be any better is if I wasn't stuck at work right now.

MUFC_Niagara
04-28-2010, 01:29 PM
Garcia is playing tonight, just heard from my source.

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 01:35 PM

He better not be. We want to win this tournament.

Oldtimer
04-28-2010, 01:37 PM
1. Sportsnet has the rights to the NCC.

2. The Gol TV site has always been absolute garbage. I was hoping this would change after MLSE bought it, but it hasn't changed. How can you not update your schedule? Fuck hire me and I'll do it. Its embarrassing.

There's a possibility that Gol TV may re-run the game tomorrow, but their schedule sucks, so how would anyone know?

Interesting that RDS has gotten on board for this event.

Someone may want to check www.RDS.ca (http://www.RDS.ca) to see if they are streaming it live? RDS is part of the TSN family and TSN is known to stream events. My french is practically non-existent so if I searched it would be futile.

I don't see any streaming by RDS on their site (and I speak French).

There is a preview video on the Impact's preparations, though.

reggie
04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
dont worry...its still early.
Mo has not gone down to the dressing room yet to tell precki what line up to start.

Jeffro
04-28-2010, 01:42 PM
The impact ultras just landed at fox and fiddle, Sal and I are here... Lol

Technorgasm
04-28-2010, 01:52 PM

bloor spadina . .. .. right?

Jeffro
04-28-2010, 01:53 PM
Adelaide and John

ManUtd4ever
04-28-2010, 02:00 PM

I don't find that very amusing! :D

Mojo
04-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Apparently today is "National Day of Mourning for Persons Killed or Injured in the Workplace".

How appropriate that the day we face Montreal falls on the exact same day.

dupont
04-28-2010, 02:29 PM

Tell them to take a shower for once.

tfcleeds
04-28-2010, 02:34 PM

Is that a Barca bar?

Broadview
04-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I heard the the Fan will be doing a live audio stream on their site if all else fails:

http://www.fan590.com

TFC07
04-28-2010, 03:13 PM
No video stream for this game?

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 03:23 PM
No video stream for this game?

It's on Sportsnet East and West

Gixmo
04-28-2010, 03:24 PM
I am sure a Justin.TV stream will show up.

Can someone please do this for me, in this order

A: Get Placentino's attention
B: Give him the Finger
C: Shush him

Thanks, Je Ma Souviens!

If Bell blacks out the East/West channels like they normally do I am going to have an absolute shit fit. I asked PB on Twitter, but haven't heard a word back (I'm sure he's busy)... Just going to be a right royal piss off if they do.

TorCanSoc
04-28-2010, 03:35 PM
Ahhhhh...that was mucho enjoyable....also a noteworthy reminder that the "Pylon Known as Garcia" should NEVER see the pitch again....unless we're up by 4 goals.....

... and even then he should see the field only to man the stretchers if someone else goes down.

J .
04-28-2010, 03:38 PM
It dampers my day to hear Garcia is going to play. Why wont he retire. They force retire Dichio and Brennan... he could work at McDonalds but would always be passing the bag to the wrong person.

ManUtd4ever
04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
It dampers my day to hear Garcia is going to play. Why wont he retire. They force retire Dichio and Brennan... he could work at McDonalds but would always be passing the bag to the wrong person.

It's not confirmed, it's just speculation or an attempt to raise my blood pressure...

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 03:43 PM

Or spitting in his own burger when he's making it.

Donald Duck
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
lolz~~~ he can't work in McDonalds as McDonalds is FAST FOOD resturant... he is too slow... he can't meet the server time...

menefreghista
04-28-2010, 03:46 PM
If Bell blacks out the East/West channels like they normally do I am going to have an absolute shit fit. I asked PB on Twitter, but haven't heard a word back (I'm sure he's busy)... Just going to be a right royal piss off if they do.

That's only for NHL games. You can thank Bettman for that.

SilverSamurai
04-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Abu Dhabi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Dhabi)!! ;)

WE surely as hell will never HOST a world cup here in Canada!!.....

But i would definitely settle for HOSTING a world club championship here in TO!
Did you forget the U-20 tourney?

I don't see why we wouldn't be able to host the Gold Cup...
Oh ya the CSA...

The only North American team to EVER win the CONCACAF portion of the club world cup is DC United. . . .. . that is. . Until we do it in the near future. .

LEts start by giving the Blue Bastards from la belle province a right, royal RED spanking!

FUCK THE IMPACT!
FUCK THE IMPACT!

Haven't Mexican teams usually won the Concacaf tourney?
Unless if Mexico broke away from the continent...
I can't wait!
WHoo!:flare:

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-28-2010, 04:01 PM

FUCK THE IMPACT!
FUCK THE IMPACT!

? Not sure what you mean. DC United never won the Concacaf Champions's Cup, the precursor to the CCL, LA did in a year in which all the games were played in the US. Also, Mexico is in North America, they win it all the time.

Redcoe15
04-28-2010, 04:31 PM
:hulk::facepalm:

jazzy
04-28-2010, 05:02 PM
:hulk::facepalm:
I mentioned before, have a nasty feelin Garcia plays......

ilikemusic
04-28-2010, 05:13 PM
When/if Garcia gives Montreal their first goal I am leaving. I have to be up at 6:30.

Fuck Garcia. I would rather they play 10 men.

TFC_PB
04-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Montreal must have paid somebody off to get Garcia on the field. Whenever he plays, it's like an extra man for the opposing team.

Keyman
04-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Do any other STHs have a duplicate for the New England game instead of a ticket for tonight?

pekduck
04-28-2010, 05:46 PM
no streaming?

stuck in Pittsburgh.... neeed to watch it...

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 05:52 PM
At the risk of being an attention whore, player ratings will be here after the game.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?p=1002122#post1002122

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 05:55 PM
no streaming?

stuck in Pittsburgh.... neeed to watch it...

stuck in Michigan. No bars in this country or Windsor that will show it...

FML.

pekduck
04-28-2010, 06:03 PM
stuck in Michigan. No bars in this country or Windsor that will show it...

FML.

FML.....
Why I had to travel this week...
More importantly, there was stream last season!

TFC USA
04-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Any stream passes along please link!

Sucks CBC couldn't get the rights, but they would just shove all the shit to Bold because of the NHL playoffs.

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:07 PM
FML.....
Why I had to travel this week...
More importantly, there was stream last season!

I had an exam tonight. I told them I had some BS religious event as a reason why I couldn't write it so it got deferred to tomorrow (... I guess TFC is a religious experience sometimes lol).

I'm gonna go search Windsor for a bar anywhere that has a spare TV and some spare beer... should be nice to cross back into America smelling like beer...

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:08 PM
^ http://www.fan590.com/listen/

apparently they'll have it starting at 8. Until then you can listen to the Jays lose (not sure if its going to play, but it says that it will...)

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:09 PM
LOL actually they just cut out the jays game and put on the NBA commentary... but still, lets hope they play the TFC game online

pekduck
04-28-2010, 06:18 PM
I had an exam tonight. I told them I had some BS religious event as a reason why I couldn't write it so it got deferred to tomorrow (... I guess TFC is a religious experience sometimes lol).

I'm gonna go search Windsor for a bar anywhere that has a spare TV and some spare beer... should be nice to cross back into America smelling like beer...

it's a 5 hr drive back to Toronto... hell, I'd driven it if I had the time :(

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:23 PM
it's a 5 hr drive back to Toronto... hell, I'd driven it if I had the time :(

its 4 hour drive... and i sold my tickets for this game...

Krasno.pL.
04-28-2010, 06:23 PM
We need that NeeTV back streaming stuff! lol

deacon
04-28-2010, 06:24 PM
any live feed for tonight's game?

pekduck
04-28-2010, 06:25 PM
its 4 hour drive... and i sold my tickets for this game...

need to clear the borders my friend :(

sulfur
04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Sucks CBC couldn't get the rights, but they would just shove all the shit to Bold because of the NHL playoffs.
They'd have no issue tonight. Habs/Caps are on TSN.

arbogast
04-28-2010, 06:31 PM
2 nights STARTING LINE UP as per http://twitter.com/TorontoFC :

Toronto FC starting XI v. Montreal: Frei, Gargan, Garcia, Cann, Harden, Cronin, de Guzman, Peterson, Gala, De Rosario, Barrett

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Of all the people we could have sat...Attakora...why oh why are we sitting him and playing Garcia?

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:32 PM
2 nights STARTING LINE UP as per http://twitter.com/TorontoFC :

Toronto FC starting XI v. Montreal: Frei, Gargan, Garcia, Cann, Harden, Cronin, de Guzman, Peterson, Gala, De Rosario, Barrett

NO FUCKING WAY... GARCIA????

pekduck
04-28-2010, 06:35 PM
^ as long as that's a sign that the pylon wont' start in RSL...

arbogast
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
^^ Ah yes. Isn't it sad though that we have a guy making 200K who only gets trotted out for cup games?

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:40 PM
^^ Ah yes. Isn't it sad though that we have a guy making 200K who only gets trotted out for cup games?

It's like he's our super-sub :D

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 06:45 PM
^ as long as that's a sign that the pylon wont' start in RSL...

Speaking for myself, the NCC matches are more important than league ones. So I'd rather have the pylon at RSL.

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 06:46 PM
It's like he's our super-sub :D

If he was a super sub he'd have talent...or double stacked meat and cheese...

mmmm double stacked cold cut combo.

pekduck
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Speaking for myself, the NCC matches are more important than league ones. So I'd rather have the pylon at RSL.

i give garcia 45 min of time to hang himself

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 06:49 PM
i give garcia 45 min of time to hang himself

Lol, is that a sort of over/under on the number of minutes before there's a catastrophic failure of competence?

TFCRegina
04-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Lol, is that a sort of over/under on the number of minutes before there's a catastrophic failure of competence?

Tends to have 1 half of non-fuck ups. I'm sure if Preki is a statistical man, he'll yank Garcia at half in favour of someone orange and stationary.

Lucky Strike
04-28-2010, 06:55 PM
Tends to have 1 half of non-fuck ups. I'm sure if Preki is a statistical man, he'll yank Garcia at half in favour of someone orange and stationary.

Put the pylon outside the penalty area and hope that Rocco Placentino trips on it. That way it's guaranteed we won't give away a penalty. Then we can shush Placentino.

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Put the pylon outside the penalty area and hope that Rocco Placentino trips on it.

Garcia as DM? That's actually a thought worth investigating...hmmm...

sulfur
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Game thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=22212

DichioTFC
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
LOL fan590 announcers have no idea where streamers came from

billyfly
04-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Come On Boys!!