PDA

View Full Version : Union supporters bus attacked outside Red Bull Arena

Red CB Toronto
04-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Looks like it got a little interesting outside Red Bull Arena on Saturday after the Union's 2-1 loss to RBNY. So called RBNY whatevers proceeded to throw rocks at the bus carrying the Sons of Ben.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/blogs/Union_fans_bus_attacked_outside_Red_Bull_Arena.htm l

Union fans' bus attacked outside Red Bull Arena (http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/blogs/Union_fans_bus_attacked_outside_Red_Bull_Arena.htm l)
http://media.philly.com/images/042410_unionbus.jpg

Hooligan69
04-25-2010, 03:24 AM
Dead Bulls twats staying classy as always. Worthless trash.

Keystone FC
04-25-2010, 03:52 AM
Nice! We have a new stadium and a winning team...let's pick on the new kids.

volunteer
04-25-2010, 04:15 AM
its just a little hazing. nothing to get too worked up over

Blowing Bubbles
04-25-2010, 04:18 AM
now it's a rivalry

Oldtimer
04-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Classy. Just what football needs in order to spread and become more popular. :rolleyes:

sulfur
04-25-2010, 06:44 AM
And that's my biggest problem with situations like this...

Not that it happened, but the apologists.

Redpunkfiddle
04-25-2010, 06:50 AM

No, actually.

Heathen
04-25-2010, 06:57 AM
It's a rivalry ffs occasionally a fierce rivalry will get out of hand that's what the cops are for, no need for the wailing and gnashing of teeth

Bloor West FC
04-25-2010, 07:04 AM
That is just stupid, I don't care if its a rivalry or what attacking a bus is just stupid. And at the bottom of the page you can see a pic of the supporters area and yup its at the top and in the corner of the stadium in NY.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-25-2010, 07:16 AM
It's a rivalry ffs occasionally a fierce rivalry will get out of hand that's what the cops are for, no need for the wailing and gnashing of teeth
How can it be called a rivalry if one of the teams has existed for all of one month?

Some Red Bulls fan probably has spent the winter reading up on what European ultras do and thought it'd be fun to try.

Bluenose13
04-25-2010, 07:29 AM
How can it be called a rivalry if one of the teams has existed for all of one month?

Some Red Bulls fan probably has spent the winter reading up on what European ultras do and thought it'd be fun to try.Philly & New york is a lot like Toronto/Montreal.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Philly & New york is a lot like Toronto/Montreal.
I realize that, I do watch hockey. ;) Still, I really doubt that anyone here felt real genuine loathing for the Impact the first time we played them. People pretended to, sure, but it's hard to really hate a team you know zilch about and have never played before. Not to mention, neither team's fans started throwing rocks...

akoto
04-25-2010, 07:45 AM
I realize that, I do watch hockey. ;) Still, I really doubt that anyone here felt real genuine loathing for the Impact the first time we played them. People pretended to, sure, but it's hard to really hate a team you know zilch about and have never played before. Not to mention, neither team's fans started throwing rocks...

I might not have "loathed" the Impact per se, but I did dislike their supporters and the city in general. It didn't take long into that first game in Montreal though to know I hated the Impact too!

TorCanSoc
04-25-2010, 07:51 AM
When Montreal gets in and we send 5,000 of us for an away game (if there are tickets) do you think there won't be any drunken incidents of stupidity? However rock throwing at people in a bus, is very very stupid. One off fights, sure every sport, every where.

This incident could have higher meaning, lets just hope its one guy.

I don't get it. NYRB fans barely showed up to games last year, now they're rock throwing hoodlums? Doesn't add up.

stugautz
04-25-2010, 09:11 AM

And the teams have only played once in early season.

Nice to see though that they're filling up the stadium. Here's the shot of the Sons Of Ben inside Red Bull Arena.

http://media.philly.com/images/DSC_0299_042410.jpg

loconet
04-25-2010, 09:29 AM
Beside other sports rivalries between these two, the commentator on a Spanish channel pointed out that their football "rivalry" goes back to the NASL days when Atoms dethroned Cosmos the year Atoms came into the league.

Ossington Mental Youth
04-25-2010, 09:32 AM
I might not have "loathed" the Impact per se, but I did dislike their supporters and the city in general. It didn't take long into that first game in Montreal though to know I hated the Impact too!

thats pretty much it, how does it differ any from us and our 'rivals'

Whoop
04-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Were there incidents in Montreal in our first visit there in '08?

Both teams were "new".

JDG
04-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Were there incidents in Montreal in our first visit there in '08?

Both teams were "new".

Yes - Newness aside, Montreal had a poorly executed plan to ambush us as we came down the stairs from our seats.
Fistfights in the stadium. Scarf stolen and burned...
With some people the hate transcends the sport.

Sonny Cheeba
04-25-2010, 09:41 AM
i'm not surprised considering the fights that happen between fans in other sports (eagles/giants, phillies/mets, flyers/devils), and that's where the travelling support is seen as some individuals peppered throughout the stadium, not a large mass of fans where there is more intimidation and people feel that they can run their mouthes with more confidence.

it's stupid that it happened, but when traveling support is seen as a threat, these things happen.

jazzy
04-25-2010, 09:43 AM

dumb, and next.......how old are you

olegunnar
04-25-2010, 09:44 AM

Exactly

I remember in 1993 after the Leafs won game 7 against the Blues, when cops on horses had to come to the rescue of the St Louis Blue's team bus. It was getting rocked back and forth to the point where it was on only 2 wheels sometimes. Had to watch your feet when the wheels landed...didn't want to get them crushed.
Would have been a shame if Ron Caron had gotten a boo boo

jazzy
04-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Exactly

I remember in 1993 after the Leafs won game 7 against the Blues, when cops on horses had to come to the rescue of the St Louis Blue's team bus. It was getting rocked back and forth to the point where it was on only 2 wheels sometimes. Had to watch your feet when the wheels landed...didn't want to get them crushed.
Would have been a shame if Ron Caron had gotten a boo boo

NO! cops are for capturing murders, serious offenders and protecting us and our families from mental midgets, not losers who have nothing left in their lives except to spread hatred and scare any innocents that are at games to actually ENJOY... themselves........Remember this the next time you can't find a cop when you're in trouble......

Roogsy
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Just ask DC supporters.

Shite Bull supporters are the most classless group in the league.

TFCRegina
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Just ask DC supporters.

Thought that distinction had to go to the White Warriors of Kolumbus.

zeelaw
04-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Surely COlumbus are still the worst right?

Sonny Cheeba
04-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Surely COlumbus are still the worst right?

don't give them that credit. those "hooligans" have ruby tuesday's as a sponsor on their t-shirts. hahaha

rocker
04-25-2010, 11:07 AM
good to see Philly SOBs helping the attendance at Red Bull Arena.

what was the attendance yesterday? When they showed Hans Backe you could see whole sections empty in the upper deck.

TFCRegina
04-25-2010, 11:38 AM

It'll rise if they keep winning.

volunteer
04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Not that it happened, but the apologists.

dumb, and next.......how old are you

trying too hard? or victims of hazing?:D

Keystone FC
04-25-2010, 04:57 PM
And the teams have only played once in early season.

Nice to see though that they're filling up the stadium. Here's the shot of the Sons Of Ben inside Red Bull Arena.

http://media.philly.com/images/DSC_0299_042410.jpg
At first I thought thats a weird place to place an away supporters section. Then it came to me that if any truoble makers want to get to them they have to climb UP to get at them. Plus, TFC puts the away supporters in the upper Northeast corner as well.
At least they allow them to bring flags...unlike some places in Ohio.:rolleyes:

Keystone FC
04-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Some Red Bulls fan probably has spent the winter reading up on what European ultras do and thought it'd be fun to try.
Maybe they just wanted to be Naughty?

http://www.footybooks.com/images/naughty.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:;):D

koryo
04-25-2010, 09:08 PM

What a stupid thing to say. Think before you post or don't post.

DichioTFC
04-25-2010, 09:14 PM
MLS has really been trying to encourage a Philly / NYRB rivalry, ESPN was mentioned a supposed "rivalry with NYRB" everytime they talk about Philly.

Little things like this happen all the time. Its unfortunate and not classy but it's not like a terrorist attack or anything.

koryo
04-25-2010, 09:23 PM
MLS has really been trying to encourage a Philly / NYRB rivalry, ESPN was mentioned a supposed "rivalry with NYRB" everytime they talk about Philly.

Little things like this happen all the time. Its unfortunate and not classy but it's not like a terrorist attack or anything.

No, it's not a terrorist attack but just stupid. We can do without things like that in general.

Kevvv
04-25-2010, 09:25 PM
don't give them that credit. those "hooligans" have ruby tuesday's as a sponsor on their t-shirts. hahaha

(It's an actual bar with live music, not the chain with AYCE salad bar.)

No, but I don't think it's the sort of attention that we want. Yes it happens between rivals of other sports, but the term 'hockey hooligan' doesn't resinate.

AL-MO
04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
We (TFC Supporters as a whole) aren't exactly angels, but I hope stuff like this doesn't become regular. I think it will turn alot of people off the sport and MLS.

Sonny Cheeba
04-25-2010, 09:29 PM
(It's an actual bar with live music, not the chain with AYCE salad bar.)

oh is it? still though... "tough guys" don't get sponsors.

nor do they offer their membership "napsacks" hahah

Kevvv
04-25-2010, 09:36 PM
just snazzy T's

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=193

GuelphStorm2007
04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Philly and New York depending what the sport is havw always had a huge rivalry between the fans just go to a Giants Eagles game. It seems like that Douchbag culture is coming to There Soccer Clubs

Smokecell
04-25-2010, 09:43 PM
That's a good showing from the SOB

Heathen
04-25-2010, 09:59 PM
That's a good showing from the SOB

You think so? its a 100 miles, imagine if we had opposition within that distance and didn't have to cross international borders. Good by MLS standards I guess

AL-MO
04-25-2010, 10:01 PM
You think so? its a 100 miles, imagine if we had opposition within that distance and didn't have to cross international borders. Good by MLS standards I guess

LOL I was going to say the same.

We have guys that travel farther for home games!

jazzy
04-25-2010, 10:02 PM
No, it's not a terrorist attack but just stupid. We can do without things like that in general.

Like if my wife and kids were on that bus, after a great afternoon with friends and you get that shit. Would they want to come out again?...Not sure?...So I lose.......and I'd hate to be worried about my family, because then I could do something I regret, All not in the sport!

habstfc
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
Only 16,000 for their 3rd home game against a traditional rivalry in sports. Hmmm I don't think attendance is going to get any better winning team or not. Wait til baseball season really gets rolling. If you can't get anywhere near a sellout for your 3rd home game, doesn't look good on new york.

Nomad
04-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Just ask DC supporters.

I'm not going to speculate on who's the most classless group in the league....

But if you want to talk about that incident and paint this brush i will straight up tell you that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Nomad
04-25-2010, 10:58 PM
LOL I was going to say the same.

We have guys that travel farther for home games!

First thing i thought as well when i heard someone say they were impressed. Me? Not so much..... let's see if they go West Coast...or at least Mid-West...then i'll be impressed.

volunteer
04-26-2010, 04:38 AM
What a stupid thing to say. Think before you post or don't post.

do you want a tissue?

mmmikey
04-26-2010, 08:33 AM
do you want a tissue?

Wow don't u have a bridge to go hide under?

Violence should never be accepted. It is an unfortunate side effect of certain events like these and while it's one thing to expect it, it's another to accept it. Especially for groups like RPB who will one day find themselves facing unfair social stigmas due to exaggerated media coverage, these kind of events should never happen.

Yell at each other etc, square up in a drunken fight... Pick up a rock? That's a weapon and over the line.

tfcleeds
04-26-2010, 08:44 AM
There were plenty of empty seats at Red Bull Arena on Sat. A brand new, state of the art stadium, (seemingly) a much improved team, and they can't sell out? Absolutely pathetic. I figured for sure once they left Giants stadium, the fans would come out. I guess not.

Mark in Ottawa
04-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Wrong!!
Look at the picture of the broken bus window again. It's vandalism and that is against the law.

Redcoe15
04-26-2010, 09:36 AM
Philly and New York depending what the sport is havw always had a huge rivalry between the fans just go to a Giants Eagles game. It seems like that Douchbag culture is coming to There Soccer Clubs
Posted before, but it's worth repeating:

http://watch.thecomedynetwork.ca/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart/#clip231169

J .
04-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Good stuff, things like this are the spice of life and drive conversation. I just like that NY cant sell out their stadium.... That said, we were exactly full either...

DangerRed
04-26-2010, 10:13 AM

That's idiotic. Were you the guy throwing the Gatorade bottles onto the pitch at BMO this weekend?

koryo
04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
do you want a tissue?

No, but you clearly need a brain in that head of yours.

volunteer
04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
That's idiotic. Were you the guy throwing the Gatorade bottles onto the pitch at BMO this weekend?

yerr, but i missed players every time so no harm, no foul right?

No, but you clearly need a brain in that head of yours.

you sound a little butthurt :o

maninb
04-27-2010, 12:17 PM
^^^ I'll bet you're the type of guy who wears a t-shirt saying "Hooligan", and passes out after 2 Bud Lites....very macho indeed! :)

Roogsy
04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Come on guys.

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/avatars/troll-web.jpg