PDA

View Full Version : Nathan Ellington?

jloome
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Haven't heard it anywhere, but his contract with Watford is up in June and he's been on loan in the Greek Super League this season, so he's no longer in favour.

Not a spectacular goal scorer but he can finish better than anyone we've got right now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Ellington

trane
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
^ I like the age, he still has 3 to 5 years in the league. He should be able to put some away this, year, as you said at a better rate then either of our strikers.

bee dubya
04-23-2010, 11:00 AM
I think he did pretty well with Wigan at the Coke League level. I'd be happy to see him here. There's lots of guys around that calibre that I'd love to see at TFC. Guys like Jason Roberts or Darius Vassell would probably do quite well in the MLS.

jloome
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
I think he did pretty well with Wigan at the Coke League level. I'd be happy to see him here. There's lots of guys around that calibre that I'd love to see at TFC. Guys like Jason Roberts or Darius Vassell would probably do quite well in the MLS.

AS a rounded player, Roberts was always the better of the two, but Ellington has some real flash and can finish.

Vassell and Roberts are both well above MLS level, unless as DPs.

jloome
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh yeah, and he's free. His contract is up in just over a month. So no transfer fee issues.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Championship players are pricey, high end salary MLS wise. There will be a lot of players of Ellington's calibre available at the end of the CC season. The problem is, how can anyone think TFC can wait a month plus for a striker?

Ontario Arab
04-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Whats the deal with us loaning players from abroad at this point........english and scottish seasons coming to a close, just wondering like?

TFCRegina
04-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Hull City might be looking to offload some stars. Maybe we can acquire a striker?

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-24-2010, 04:10 PM
^ I'd like to see Daniel Cousin to TFC.

TFCRegina
04-24-2010, 05:15 PM
I'd like to see a Striker who can score. And I'm not suggesting names any more. Let the staff find someone who can put the ball in the net.

Dunc
04-24-2010, 06:43 PM
Former England star Michael Ricketts is without a club right now. He's also utterly shit though. Complete abortion of a footballer which makes me think we might get him.

I'd love Lee Trundle if he could be enticed over. Watching his skills is really fun even though most of them don't lead to anything. He'd be a youtube star. He'd also be able to score at this level as well.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
^ Ricketts trialed with San Jose last year and wasn't offered a contract, so I'd assume TFC would give him the pass.

TFCRegina
04-24-2010, 11:10 PM
The last thing we need is another Ricketts...