PDA

View Full Version : 7 Toronto FC Academy games to be played at BMO following the big club

Red CB Toronto
04-21-2010, 04:08 PM
The 2010 Canadian Soccer League schedule has been released and something new in 2010 is that the Toronto FC Academy will be playing seven of their games at BMO Field this year. Each team will be playing 24 games up from 16 games in 2009.

Each of the seven games for the TFC-A will be played following that days Reds matchup.

The first double header is on May 8th when the Reds take on Chicago at 4 pm. The TFC-A will be hosting Portugal FC at 7 pm.

It will be a good chance to see the youngsters while it might be possible that you will see a few of the first teamers with the new NCAA rules in place that allow amateurs and pros play on the game team.

It would be great if we could have a game where we all stayed and enjoyed a TFC-A game, maybe have a supporters day of sorts.

Here is the schedule for double headers at BMO:

May 8th
Chicago Fire at Toronto FC 4 PM
Portugal FC ar TFC-A 7 PM

May 22nd
New England at Toronto FC 1 PM
Brampton Lions at TFC-A 7 PM

* bit of a gap, due to the TFC game being moved up due to the Champions League Final

June 5th
Kansas City Wizards at Toronto FC 4 PM
Montreal Impact Academy at TFC-A 7 PM

July 10th
Colorado Rapids at Toronto FC 12 PM
North York Astros at TFC-A 3 PM

July 24th
FC Dallas at Toronto FC 4 PM
Brantford Galaxy FC at TFC-A 7 PM

August 7th
Chivas USA at Toronto FC 4 PM
Toronto Croatia at TFC-A 7 PM

September 11th
DC United at Toronto FC 4 PM
St. Catherines Wolves at TFC-A 7 PM

Gixmo
04-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Ya, Nice to hear - I assume we can stick around for the Academy ?

Stryker
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
Cool beans.

GhostKiller
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
will beer be available for the game?

J .
04-21-2010, 04:24 PM
I miss getting to watch the reserves play after...This will be nice... and

will beer be available for the game?

:drinking:

Dave67
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't think they have beer for the reserve games. Wasn't it a licensing / staffing issue?

Red CB Toronto
04-21-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't think they have beer for the reserve games. Wasn't it a licensing / staffing issue?

Well beer was available for a while on the patio, so you could order a few if you wanted.

Dave67
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Well beer was available for a while on the patio, so you could order a few if you wanted.

Good to know.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-21-2010, 04:53 PM
The 2010 Canadian Soccer League schedule has been released and something new in 2010 is that the Toronto FC Academy will be playing seven of their games at BMO Field this year. Each team will be playing 24 games up from 16 games in 2009.

Each of the seven games for the TFC-A will be played following that days Reds matchup.

The first double header is on May 8th when the Reds take on Chicago at 4 pm. The TFC-A will be hosting Portugal FC at 7 pm.

It will be a good chance to see the youngsters while it might be possible that you will see a few of the first teamers with the new NCAA rules in place that allow amateurs and pros play on the game team.

It would be great if we could have a game where we all stayed and enjoyed a TFC-A game, maybe have a supporters day of sorts.

Here is the schedule for double headers at BMO:

May 8th
Chicago Fire at Toronto FC 4 PM
Portugal FC ar TFC-A 7 PM

May 22nd
New England at Toronto FC 4 PM
Brampton Lions at TFC-A 7 PM

June 5th
Kansas City Wizards at Toronto FC 4 PM
Montreal Impact Academy at TFC-A 7 PM

July 10th
Colorado Rapids at Toronto FC 12 PM
North York Astros at TFC-A 3 PM

July 24th
FC Dallas at Toronto FC 4 PM
Brantford Galaxy FC at TFC-A 7 PM

August 7th
Chivas USA at Toronto FC 4 PM
Toronto Croatia at TFC-A 7 PM

September 11th
DC United at Toronto FC 4 PM
St. Catherines Wolves at TFC-A 7 PM

That's an excellent idea. I would suggest that July 10th, Astros game, people might be more willing to hang around as it's earlier in the day. The Impact Academy game would be good too.

I for one wish they were playing these ahead of instead of after the games. Maybe that's impractical.

Auzzy
04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
That's an excellent idea. I would suggest that July 10th, Astros game, people might be more willing to hang around as it's earlier in the day. The Impact Academy game would be good too.

I for one wish they were playing these ahead of instead of after the games. Maybe that's impractical.

I think they will want to protect the pitch for the big game by having that first. Especially this year with things still settling, putting down roots, etc.

Red CB Toronto
04-21-2010, 05:04 PM

I am sure it has to do with protecting the pitch because on August 28th when the Reds play at 7 PM, the TFC-A is playing a home game at Lamport at 3 PM. That is when the EX is also on, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Niall
04-21-2010, 05:38 PM
This is great stuff. Will most likely be more exciting than watching our own squad.

Darlofletch
04-21-2010, 05:59 PM
the may 22nd game vs ne was moved forward, so tfc at 1, champs league final on big screen, then academy at 7?

Red CB Toronto
04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
the may 22nd game vs ne was moved forward, so tfc at 1, champs league final on big screen, then academy at 7?

I just corrected my first post, I am not sure if the Champions League Final will be shown on the big screen.

Suds
04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Awesome. I'll stick around for a few of these.

Voodooman
04-21-2010, 07:31 PM
Well i will def stay on August 7th, but im ill be cheering for the other side haha.

ginkster88
04-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Too bad Milltown FC won't be visiting :)

Blizzard
04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Too bad Milltown FC won't be visiting :)

I was thinking the same thing.

Yeoman
04-22-2010, 09:41 AM
i will be attending as many of these as possibly
try and convince red rat, that we need to keep at least one drum there

GhostKiller
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM

Good becasue if I'm going to yell at kids I would like a beer to throw too:flare: