PDA

View Full Version : New Supporters Gate...

Boris
04-21-2010, 08:36 AM
In light of last weeks banner miscommunication phil and i have worked very hard over the past few days to come to a resolution with TFC. Following a meeting yesterday here is the news.

First off....There was no conspiracy because of ESPN or anti MOJO stuff. There is no censorship as well. Front Office felt horrible that these accusations were being made and wanted to ensure everyone that this is not the case.

here is part of an official email front front office that was sent to the leaders of ALL groups...

We have now created a designated entrance for supporters to bring in their flags, banners and drums. The Supporter’s Gate as we’ll call it, will be the last two chutes of Gate 3B in the South End.

Basically same flag and banner rules still apply (must be in a supporter’s section) but this gate is designed to allow for easy entrance into the stadium for those supporters who wish to carry in flags, banners and drums. If a fan tries to enter at another gate with one of these items, they will be directed to Gate 3B.

We will also have a staff member present at this gate to help troubleshoot any issues or problems and of course I’ll be a quick phone call away.

Basically, if you plan to bring a flag or banner to the game you must use this new supporters gate.

If yu have any questions im sure paul will be around on the min board as we are passing this message along.

You can always send any questions to me and i will forward them to FO.

Have a great day!

Boris and Phil

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 08:37 AM
I'm glad this was addressed so quickly.

I was really pissed off about the issue last week, but this seems like an acceptable solution.

one thing ---

http://www.torontofc.ca/bmo-field
http://www.torontofc.ca/prohibited-items

^ they really really REALLY need to update the website to have accurate information.

There are supporters at BMO who bring flags to games that are NOT part of any group.
The official TFC website really needs to be updated for all the people who won't see this post
(or any message board posts at all)

billyfly
04-21-2010, 08:38 AM
Dang. I thought it was a wrought Iron gate....

Shaughno
04-21-2010, 08:39 AM
I was gonna say, Billy's gonna be disappointed about this one LOL

Suds
04-21-2010, 08:39 AM

one day billy ... one day my friend

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
hey billy, we can grab a roll of tinfoil and decorate the gates, shinny side out!

(and the leftover can go to make some nice tin foil hats. I'm sure we'll need them)

Oldtimer
04-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Thanks for keeping the flow of information going, Boris.

__wowza
04-21-2010, 08:58 AM
it's good to see the communication on both sides, good jorb!

drewski
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
good info. thanks for getting that cleared up!

J .
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Easy for them to track who is who.

Good win for the FO. What difference does it make if we bring things in from a different gate?

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Easy for them to track who is who.

Good win for the FO. What difference does it make if we bring things in from a different gate?

for us as RPB none.....
in time we will get to know the security and things will flow even faster...

__wowza
04-21-2010, 09:07 AM

if youve ever worked the gate for an event you'd know. trust me, it condenses absolutely everything into a specific location where you have people trained who know what to look for. plus, you'll have someone there specifically to troubleshoot issues vs. that same person having to work every gate at BMO everytime theres a problem with a banner.

Gixmo
04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Sounds acceptable, We'll see how it goes Saturday.

What's the last 2 chutes, left or right side..

nascarguy
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
thanks for the update

J .
04-21-2010, 09:11 AM
if youve ever worked the gate for an event you'd know. trust me, it condenses absolutely everything into a specific location where you have people trained who know what to look for. plus, you'll have someone there specifically to troubleshoot issues vs. that same person having to work every gate at BMO everytime theres a problem with a banner.

What are they looking for? Bombs in a flag? How many drums get brought in?

This is silly.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Sorry I'm a little slow. does this mean we can bring in our Fuck Mo Banners as long as we go through Gate 3B?

J .
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Sorry I'm a little slow. does this mean we can bring in our Fuck Mo Banners as long as we go through Gate 3B?

Apparently, maybe they will get you on that list of theirs to know who the "trouble makers" are.

That list that doesnt exist, but does...

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 09:16 AM

nope. I think 'fuck mo' is not allowed. However 'FIRE MO' is 100% acceptable.

denime
04-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Apparently, maybe they will get you on that list of theirs to know who the "trouble makers" are.

That list that doesnt exist, but does...

Don't turn this in Mo bitching thread,please.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
Strange.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 09:19 AM

Sorry that is not my intention I just wanted a little clarification. I think Parkdale made things clear.

Thank you.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
I think Parkdale made things clear.

I try.

haha...

yeah, I think that the standard rules of 'no profanity' will apply, but banners showing displeasure with Mo (or whatever) are part of the package.

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:26 AM
I try.

haha...

yeah, I think that the standard rules of 'no profanity' will apply, but banners showing displeasure with Mo (or whatever) are part of the package.

in a phone call i had with front office yesterday they told me they understand its a part of the game so its ok.

You just need to know where to draw the line with profanity....

denime
04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
and my understanding is that you will be allowed to bring in banner or flag only if you have ticket for supporters sections.

__wowza
04-21-2010, 09:30 AM
What are they looking for? Bombs in a flag? How many drums get brought in?

This is silly.

well, last thursday i came in with a flag to hang over the railing in the new north end. i was told to go to THREE separate people at two different gates. each person directed me to someone else, sending me from the front gate, to the RPB end gate and then back to the front. finally i had someone say "whatever" when i said they were told to check my flag. i was then re-hassled while i tried to sit down with someone asking me if my flag had been looked at (i should've lied..) :facepalm: so then i had to go through the process again.

i could have had someone say "yup, just go to this gate, they'll check it for you!". i could've avoided this entirely.

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:31 AM
well, last thursday i came in with a flag to hang over the railing in the new north end. i was told to go to THREE separate people at two different gates. each person directed me to someone else, sending me from the front gate, to the RPB end gate and then back to the front. finally i had someone say "whatever" when i said they were told to check my flag. i was then re-hassled while i tried to sit down with someone asking me if my flag had been looked at (i should've lied..) :facepalm: so then i had to go through the process again.

i could have had someone say "yup, just go to this gate, they'll check it for you!". i could've avoided this entirely.

wow...
thats shitty.

in the end...the peopel at 3b will know their duties and all this shit will be avoided

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 09:33 AM

yep, it was butchered last game, but should be much smoother now.

on a slightly related topic:

if you saw a banner that said this: F_ _ _ MO JO

would you believe that the missing letters were I R E

:D

J .
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM

No, I think we are being sold out. Especially seeing as I dont have tickets in 112, been thrown out for having a flag in 118... this is just another layer of FO crap that is being sanctioned by the RPB president.

J .
04-21-2010, 09:36 AM

Maybe they should just let you in because you paid for your ticket.

Does anyone else see this as a rule for the soccer moms so they dont have to see the evil supporters and their diabolical flags corrupting their only child?

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:38 AM
No, I think we are being sold out. Especially seeing as I dont have tickets in 112, been thrown out for having a flag in 118... this is just another layer of FO crap that is being sanctioned by the RPB president.

say what?
plase explain yourself..

you have no idea the amount of communication that went into getting this sorted out.

IF YOU ARE IN A SUPPORTERS SECTION....YOU GO INTO GATE 3B.

IF YOU ARE IN A SUPPORTERS SECTION...you can bring in flags and banners.

Whats happened in the past is the past...we are working hard in the present to ensure the supporters are taken care of

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM

really? that's what you think? How are we being 'sold out' ?

here's the honest to god truth -- The FO will do whatever they want, with or without us.

if you were thrown out of 118 for having a flag, then clearly something was amiss. the issue was probably with the people in your section.

Roogsy
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Funny enough, the RPB president you are slagging just worked his ass off to make sure that not only RPB but everyone else in the stadium (including you) can bring in flags without problems. What he did benefits not only RPB but you as well and this is how you react? :noidea:

How about this...how about next time something happens with supporters, RPB does nothing and YOU go and sort things out with the FO and see if they give you the time of day?

TFC Via Buffalo
04-21-2010, 09:42 AM
You just need to know where to draw the line with profanity....

Well, that raises a question from me. I get this weird feeling, when maybe I shouldn't, that I'm going to have an issue with the "Bastards" banner, because someone may consider it swearing. Should I have anything to worry about Sunday?

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Well, that raises a question from me. I get this weird feeling, when maybe I shouldn't, that I'm going to have an issue with the "Bastards" banner, because someone may consider it swearing. Should I have anything to worry about Sunday?

nope...

dont worry.

s2cazz
04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
This is why it should have just been posted in the members section...in the public forum everything is met with criticism.

mmmikey
04-21-2010, 09:44 AM

some people have poor intentions when they come to these events, and the organization is very liable for the actions of the crowd. it is in everyones best interests that they try to contain it to certain sections.. u may just want to have a good time, but other's have/will ruin it for you. blame them not rpb/the FO

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
This is why it should have just been posted in the members section...in the public forum everything is met with criticism.

i could have but i chose to let all supporters know of the new rules.

TFC Via Buffalo
04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
nope...

dont worry.

Awesome. Doves should be released in your honor on Sunday, Boris. :)

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:48 AM
Awesome. Doves should be released in your honor on Sunday, Boris. :)

hmmm that may fill my ego..so do it....:rolleyes:

Globetrotter
04-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Why can't non-supporters groups bring in regular signs? Look at every team in the NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, CFL.... so on... every section has people bringing in signs and flags.

If someone sitting in 106, or 221, or 143 wants to bring in a "hey mom, im on tv" sign, or CBC (can't beat canada) or something like that, why are TFC preventing this?

__wowza
04-21-2010, 09:51 AM

you know what though? i think that the RPB just made strides for anyone wanting to bring a flag or banner in. again, im not in the supports section, but i bring my banner and i've known people who try to bring flags and banners in (for before the game, half time or after the game) we now have a condensed area where these items can be carried through.

no more random slag offs who dont allow ANY signs in
no more security guards on power trips
no more confusion

how is this even considered a bad thing? you have ONE location where these items can be inspected for foul language, etc. that's going to contain people who've been trained to know what they're talking about.

my god.. i can't believe someone is giving slack for CONSISTENCY (however misplaced it may seem) from this club!

Boris
Why can't non-supporters groups bring in regular signs? Look at every team in the NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, CFL.... so on... every section has people bringing in signs and flags.

If someone sitting in 106, or 221, or 143 wants to bring in a "hey mom, im on tv" sign, or CBC (can't beat canada) or something like that, why are TFC preventing this?

this mainly relates to flags banners...signs...i would ask FO.
I dont think they wouldnt let you in but something the size of a banner or a two stick would intrude on peoples views.

In the supporters section it is expected that youre view would be obstructed at times with flags and banners. I dont see bristol board signs being an issue

denime

I think this is for banners and flags not the signs,but I might be wrong.

Globetrotter
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
^thanks.

NORMAN KRATES
Is the whole south end considered the supporters section or only 112 113 114?

Parkdale

a) the issue is supporter's SECTIONS, not 'groups'. anyone in a supporters section can bring in a sign.

b) I don't know why hand held 'Danny 3:16' style signs are not allowed, but personally, meh. not an issue for me

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM

in the BMO field seating chart...anything designated 'supporters section'

__wowza
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM

you can, it's just a matter of courtesy though. if youre blocking someones view, they ask you to put it down. a friend brought a banner in and they said "you know you cant have that obstructing the other spectators view during the game right?"

ive been to sporting events where there isnt this kind've action taken, and it sucks having to ask someone to put their sign yourself only to be met with attitude.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM

it's the whole south end plus 111, the back half of 110 and 127

http://www.httours.com/TORONTO_FC_SEATING_CHART.gif

(sorry this seating guide is out of date, but the toronto fc website is STILL broken)

__wowza
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
i digress though, this gate is only going to be for supporters though? they won't have one specific area designated for all signs/banners to be checked? cause uhhh.. that'd be kinda nice IMO.

Boris
04-21-2010, 09:57 AM
i digress though, this gate is only going to be for supporters though? they won't have one specific area designated for all signs/banners to be checked? cause uhhh.. that'd be kinda nice IMO.

baby steps.....
in all reality you can only bring flags, drums, banners if youre in a supporters section so thats why 3b was opened to us.

celt-nick
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM

:D so did I !!

denime
04-21-2010, 09:59 AM
I think all banners and flags will be checked at gate 3B ,including NEE even tough there section is on opposite side of the stadium.

Roogsy
04-21-2010, 10:00 AM

I think that is a whole different issue.

The issue for the supporters section is about big flags, banners and two-sticks. I don't believe the work being done by the supporters groups (all of them not just RPB) was to sort out the conflict that came up at the home opener.

As per the rules, people sitting in the sections you stated are not allowed to bring in these items, but I am not sure where the FO stands on the smaller "cardboard" signs many people take to hockey games.

That being said, from a practical point of view, I am not sure why you would want to. Soccer broadcasts are much wider than hockey broadcasts, the chances of that sign being seen are extremely minimal. But if you still want to do it, if I were you, I would check with the team.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 10:02 AM

ummm... flags and banners are only allowed in supporters sections, and this gate is for people in supporters sections. There are no flags/banners in non-supporters sections, so why would there need to be another place to check at the gate? See the logic gap?

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 10:03 AM
I think all banners and flags will be checked at gate 3B ,including NEE even tough there section is on opposite side of the stadium.

Wow thats pretty inconvenient for the NEE. They have to check in then go all the way to the opposite end. Seems a little disorganized. I;m sure they'll be able to fix this though.

denime
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
ummm... flags and banners are only allowed in supporters sections, and this gate is for people in supporters sections. There are no flags/banners in non-supporters sections, so why would there need to be another place to check at the gate? See the logic gap?

Logic, what's that? :D

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
whoooooo!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0100/0121/michelesign_cropped.gif

DichioTFC
04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
AAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii189/CliqueMikk/Signs/FunnySigns_25.jpg

J .
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
say what?
plase explain yourself..

you have no idea the amount of communication that went into getting this sorted out.

IF YOU ARE IN A SUPPORTERS SECTION....YOU GO INTO GATE 3B.

IF YOU ARE IN A SUPPORTERS SECTION...you can bring in flags and banners.

Whats happened in the past is the past...we are working hard in the present to ensure the supporters are taken care of

So I should forget the past, the past helps highlight the future, so ignoring that would be remiss of me.

What were you communicating to them? That people pay just as much to see us as they do the game? That there are no rogue flags pillaging the soccer mom sections?

Obviously, the FO will do what they want, so why pretend like we have some sort of say in the matter? You are posturing as though you won us a victory, some sort of resolution. The FO told you they were going to do this and now we are being sold like this is a great answer to some problem. Am I supposed to be pleased? They created a problem and are fixing that created problem to suit their needs of keeping track of supporters.

If they told you that you had to sit, would you? Im beginning to think we would.

So, what was the problem exactly? Maybe if you explain that to me it will help.

Anti-FO banners aren't/weren't allowed in? That we were able to go into other gates with flags?... The ushers would stop you from going into 107 with a flag, so that couldnt be the issue could it? Terrorists invented a flag bomb? Flags cause global warming?

What was the problem?

What problem were they fixing?

This is just smoke, mirrors and posturing.

So if you don't mind, explain yourself.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Wow thats pretty harsh. It sounds like J is slagging the leadership.

Gixmo
04-21-2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.lausd.k12.ca.us/King_Drew_Medical_Magnet/images/SmileyPopcorn.gif

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
easy there 'norm'.

as for J's post.... I'm still re-reading it to figure out exactly what he means.

--

I think that J is saying that FO created and solved their own problem, and Boris is claiming to have had something to do with it. Well I have got news for you J... he did. Boris (and Phil) talk to FO frequently, and in this case they were bringing up a serious concern for all supporters (not just in this group). Beyond that, I'm really not sure what J's on about.

If they told you that you had to sit, would you? Im beginning to think we would.

^ that's pretty out of touch with reality.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 11:11 AM
easy there 'norm'.

as for J's post.... I'm still re-reading it to figure out exactly what he means.

I think he means that the group is trying to make it seem that the FOs decision for a supporters gate was infulenced by the group leaders, when in fact it was going to happen with or without the approval of the supporters groups.

At least thats what it reads like. However, this is the internet so it is hard to deteermine the tone of the post.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 11:16 AM
I think he means that the group is trying to make it seem that the FOs decision for a supporters gate was infulenced by the group leaders, when in fact it was going to happen with or without the approval of the supporters groups.

I know for a fact that the FO has been on the phone quite a bit with the RPB execs over the past few days. Sure the FO can enforce rules however they like, BUT to say they are doing it without consultation from the group leaders is just incorrect. Did Boris say that 'he solved the problem'? Nope. Did he say that he talked with FO and after a lot of back and forth, the problem is now getting resolved? Sure.

let's not put people down for being part of the solution (not directed at you specifically norm)

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 11:18 AM
and just to track the timeline

first home game - gate situation was totally screwed.
post game - Supporters groups express their concern to FO. Paul B admits there was a problem.
after that - FO announces that a revised gate policy is in effect AND release that info though the supporters (boris in our case)
second home game - we take flags and drums etc to gate 3B.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 11:20 AM
Fair enough. J just seems very passionate about his position. Peoples emotions get the better of them sometimes especially when you support a bottom of the barrel bush league club like TFC :)

Phil
04-21-2010, 11:22 AM
The only things that Boris and I asked for were:

Not to have a repeat of the last game, supporters should be allowed to bring in their flags and banners.

They have their reasons whatever they are about what happened last game, I can only speculate about what they were. Its not worth waging a war over. I want to see the issue resolved for everyone in a supporters section.

I nor Boris are looking for credit in this, just a resolution. We will be looking at this closely over the next few games to make sure it works out smoothly.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Peoples emotions get the better of them sometimes especially when you support a bottom of the barrel bush league club like TFC :)

one day, we will win something, and all of us will remember these dark ages with a sickly satisfaction, like when a dry scab flakes off your road-rashed heart.

Phil
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Fair enough. J just seems very passionate about his position. Peoples emotions get the better of them sometimes especially when you support a bottom of the barrel bush league club like TFC :)

Thank god there is no relegation here. :D

Yeoman
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
where's that sign we wanted to post all over the south end in year two?
the warning one.
i have it on the other computer, but it's in the shop getting fixed.

Mark in Ottawa
04-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Boris & Phil... Thanks for stepping up and having our concerns heard... again. Once again common sense wins.

And to all of the RPB's... remember to help those lost souls who are denied entrance at other gates and end up wandering... lost... looking for gate 3B.

Just because some fans occasionally end up being treated like "bastard children" doesn't mean we can't step up and help them be proud bastards with a little class :D

Boris
04-21-2010, 11:44 AM
So I should forget the past, the past helps highlight the future, so ignoring that would be remiss of me.

What were you communicating to them? That people pay just as much to see us as they do the game? That there are no rogue flags pillaging the soccer mom sections?

Obviously, the FO will do what they want, so why pretend like we have some sort of say in the matter? You are posturing as though you won us a victory, some sort of resolution. The FO told you they were going to do this and now we are being sold like this is a great answer to some problem. Am I supposed to be pleased? They created a problem and are fixing that created problem to suit their needs of keeping track of supporters.

So, what was the problem exactly? Maybe if you explain that to me it will help.

Anti-FO banners aren't/weren't allowed in? That we were able to go into other gates with flags?... The ushers would stop you from going into 107 with a flag, so that couldnt be the issue could it? Terrorists invented a flag bomb? Flags cause global warming?

What was the problem?

What problem were they fixing?

This is just smoke, mirrors and posturing.

So if you don't mind, explain yourself.

I communicated to them that we cannot have a repeat of what happened in the first game. Do you want to see emails and my cell phone bill?

The issue last week was a communication melt down.

I am not pretending anything...phil and i communicated with FO. I, and other group leaders were presented with this and i was further explained how it would work. I then felt the responsible thing to do was to relay the message to everyone on the board. How dare I communicate to regular supporters right?

But wait....i presented the issue to Fron Office....how dare i.....I was on the phone during the entire opener...how dare i....i sent various texts to FO during the game...how dare i.

And as for your assumptions that I will do anything thats asked of me....you obviously dont know me.

I dont know what else I can communicate. Phil and I do what we can. We dont expect ANY credit. We do it for our fellow supporters. We were presented with an issue and we addressed it to FO.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 11:47 AM
So 3B is supporters only? Sweet maybe the line up will be shorter.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 11:53 AM
So 3B is supporters only? Sweet maybe the line up will be shorter.

3B is a gate with a few entrances. they may have one or two of the checkpoint (most gates have 2 or 4 checkpoints) set to be supporters only. Really though, that's just my guess. We'll see this weekend.

gunnerken
04-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Question : is Gate "3B" different from Gate 3 ?..is there a secret entrance I don't know about ?..

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 12:00 PM
Question : is Gate "3B" different from Gate 3 ?..is there a secret entrance I don't know about ?..

gate 3B is on the south side, right south of 115 (or the net)

gate 3 is the one on the corner, and 3B is about 40 feet to the west.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Link to Google street View (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=43.632379,-79.417892&spn=0,0.026908&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=43.632315,-79.418081&panoid=-5FSIYi_IarT2m8OPUyEXA&cbp=12,340.46,,0,2.56)

gunnerken
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Link to Google street View (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=43.632379,-79.417892&spn=0,0.026908&t=h&z=15&layer=c&cbll=43.632315,-79.418081&panoid=-5FSIYi_IarT2m8OPUyEXA&cbp=12,340.46,,0,2.56)
Thanks !...now I'll feel like I've had "deja-vu" when I get there...thought this was called Gate "2" at one time ?..

BeerBaron95
04-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Wow thats pretty harsh. It sounds like J is slagging the leadership.

dont try to add more fuel to this by saying that. He knows what he's saying and let those who should be involved in this sort it out.

MUFC_Niagara
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM

Well seeing as how you are not a member of the group, what the RPB president does has no bearing on you. Take up your issues with the FO by yourself.

Roogsy
04-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Well seeing as how you are not a member of the group, what the RPB president does has no bearing on you. Take up your issues with the FO by yourself.

This is it in a nutshell! Pretty concise. Thanks Tim!

BeerBaron95
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM
^^ Very true! ^^

Shakes McQueen
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Great to hear this, Boris. I was incensed when I first heard about anti-Mo banners not getting in, and the FO has gone above and beyond the call of duty in sorting this all out. Paul B deserves some credit for doing more than just offering hollow apologies.

No idea how people can criticize this. Take off the tin foil hats.

- Scott

Cashcleaner
04-21-2010, 12:57 PM
^ Well, it's very easy to criticize the initial matter and how it was handled on the day. I mean, it WAS a pretty big issue in my opinion.

The thing is, we can't allow this sort of situation to happen again. And I mean that. There can be no excuses now if a banner such as "Fire Mo" or "Mojo Out!" is ever turned away or confiscated.

AL-MO
04-21-2010, 01:23 PM
So I enter through Gate 3B instead of Gate 3?

Alright cool.

J .
04-21-2010, 01:27 PM
I communicated to them that we cannot have a repeat of what happened in the first game. Do you want to see emails and my cell phone bill?

The issue last week was a communication melt down.

I am not pretending anything...phil and i communicated with FO. I, and other group leaders were presented with this and i was further explained how it would work. I then felt the responsible thing to do was to relay the message to everyone on the board. How dare I communicate to regular supporters right?

But wait....i presented the issue to Fron Office....how dare i.....I was on the phone during the entire opener...how dare i....i sent various texts to FO during the game...how dare i.

And as for your assumptions that I will do anything thats asked of me....you obviously dont know me.

I dont know what else I can communicate. Phil and I do what we can. We dont expect ANY credit. We do it for our fellow supporters. We were presented with an issue and we addressed it to FO.

Communication meltdown? Fine. But its tough to buy.

Did you raise the issue we are four years into this and they still have these over bearing security issues?

What was the issue with flags going in other entrances that we now have to all pile into one entrance?

Frankly, the impact on me is minimal, I have my Ontario and RPB flag and Im not into the Anti-this Anti-that tifos either. Ive learned how to get around security being retarded and heavy handed, which it appears has been a continual problem since season one.

Furthermore, to Roogsy, TFC_Niagra etc, when Ive had my problems with security, I was a paying member of RPB and nothing was really resolved then. Just a sorry and it wont happen again. Which pisses me off because it does happen to other people time and time again. We have a perfect example, once again, first game of the year. Their security product is just as bad as the product on the field.

Also, when I see our JDG or whoever I need to, in person, Ill pony up the money for this years membership. Ive been here for three years. Thanks.

AL-MO
04-21-2010, 01:35 PM
J. - no doubt there has been many security issues over the years. I don't think anyone is debating that.

When it happened AGAIN this year I was pissed. (just ask Boris and Rooney - I was in their ear all game about it) I wasn't as pissed for myself and what I was bringing in, I was pissed for the individuals who were bringing in 3 X 5 flags and still being hassled. I was getting calls and texts for the first part of the game from people I gave a flag too, who weren't being let in the gate. Thankfully everything was sorted out and they got into the game, but the issue was still there.

Now that Gate 3B has been setup, everyone can go through there without any issues. I really have no problem with this, as all it means is I have to walk another hundred feet from Gate 3 to 3B.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
J. - no doubt there has been many security issues over the years. I don't think anyone is debating that.

When it happened AGAIN this year I was pissed. (just ask Boris and Rooney - I was in their ear all game about it) I wasn't as pissed for myself and what I was bringing in, I was pissed for the individuals who were bringing in 3 X 5 flags and still being hassled. I was getting calls and texts for the first part of the game from people I gave a flag too, who weren't being let in the gate. Thankfully everything was sorted out and they got into the game, but the issue was still there.

Now that Gate 3B has been setup, everyone can go through there without any issues. I really have no problem with this, as all it means is I have to walk another hundred feet from Gate 3 to 3B.

100 feet sounds like a long way for someone carrying a whole lot of flags.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Also, when I see our JDG or whoever I need to, in person, Ill pony up the money for this years membership. Ive been here for three years. Thanks.

you really haven't been around much lately. If you're interested in membership - talk to CoachGT

anyway, I think tempers are calming down. Boris isn't taking any undue credit, and the team isn't trying to curtail the fun we have at BMO. there are always kinks on the first day back, and to be hinest, I'm just happy the turf didn't come up in giant clumps and the north stand didn't crush the beer garden because of a missing bolt.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 01:42 PM

it's not.

and it's not like we all hop out of taxis right at the gate anyway.
We're already carrying things for thousands of feet, so what's another 100?

J .
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM

No one has explained the why we have to. What are the FO's fears of letting people into different gates. What is their logic behind forcing every one who has a flag to go down to that gate.

They pulled a Garcia last week and have been for four years. Ive gotten roughed up by their security guards and I do not trust their motives. They pay people nothing, get meatheads to do the work and it causes ridiculous problems.

prizby
04-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Did you raise the issue we are four years into this and they still have these over bearing security issues?

What was the issue with flags going in other entrances that we now have to all pile into one entrance?

Frankly, the impact on me is minimal, I have my Ontario and RPB flag and Im not into the Anti-this Anti-that tifos either. Ive learned how to get around security being retarded and heavy handed, which it appears has been a continual problem since season one.

Furthermore, to Roogsy, TFC_Niagra etc, when Ive had my problems with security, I was a paying member of RPB and nothing was really resolved then. Just a sorry and it wont happen again. Which pisses me off because it does happen to other people time and time again. We have a perfect example, once again, first game of the year. Their security product is just as bad as the product on the field.

you are being quite riddiculous. I still fail to see what the problems you are having. From the extent that I can see, there was a problem with certain stuff coming in, which the FO admits was a mistake. There was an attempt to rectify the mistake by finding a way to avoid the problems in the future. This was solved by what looks like a committment by the FO to allow all signs and flags (accompanied by a supporters section ticket) to be allowed into the stadium as long as they do not have any profanity on them.

To rectify the issue, all those wanting to bring this type of stuff in (RPB, U-Sector, or non affiliated supporters) are being asked to enter through 3B where I am assuming specially assigned staff will be put in charge of sifting through the materials being brought in to make sure there is no profanity. Like with the blue coats/ushers in 112, I am going to assume that the FO will assign the same security/staff to this position week in and week out in order for them to get more acquainted and familiarized with the supporters to the point where they know who is coming in and the sifting through will become a lot quicker and it will be a big advantage.

This is what I seem to understand what Boris is saying

See CoachGT or anyone in the membership team (me included) about membership...We will be at Shoeless Joe's before the game, likely in a booth...look for guys handing out membership material. Firstly, make sure you fill out an online application. (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/terms.php)

Boris, 2 questions.

1 potential problem I see is, will NEE be forced to walk around the stadium to enter at 3B as well or have they been dealt with differently/seperately?

Is the last 2 ques of entry on the left side of 3B or the right side of 3B?

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 01:45 PM
...and the team isn't trying to curtail the fun we have at BMO...

I'm sorry, but have you seen them play? I stopped having fun 3 years ago.

AL-MO
04-21-2010, 01:47 PM
If going to gate 3B means I don't have to deal with the meatheads J. I am perfectly fine with this.

I don't think there is anything behind this. They won't be checking or looking at anything @ Gate 3B, just us scanning our tickets and heading to our seats.

AL-MO
04-21-2010, 01:48 PM

I am still having fun, but I told FluSH last night that my morale is at an all time low.

ParadymeTFC
04-21-2010, 01:51 PM

El Oh El!

J .
04-21-2010, 01:54 PM
If going to gate 3B means I don't have to deal with the meatheads J. I am perfectly fine with this.

I don't think there is anything behind this. They won't be checking or looking at anything @ Gate 3B, just us scanning our tickets and heading to our seats.

Hopefully this will be the end of that, but I fear after four years Ive lost any faith in the FO to do anything with the intention of our benefit. We get apologies, they talk with our Presidents, but same shit security shit happens and the noose of rules are only getting tighter.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 01:59 PM
1 potential problem I see is, will NEE be forced to walk around the stadium to enter at 3B as well or have they been dealt with differently/seperately?

not really our concern. I'm sure they were informed of the gate thing the same way we were, and are talking about it over on their board.

Funny, the one game I've seen at BMO so far this year was a win for us.

(but yes, touche and point taken)

AL-MO
04-21-2010, 02:00 PM
[quote=J .;990334

Also, when I see our JDG or whoever I need to, in person, Ill pony up the money for this years membership. Ive been here for three years. Thanks.[/quote]

That or you could just join NEE.

fetajr
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM

+1.... its fuckin terrible..if you're not part of the gang (supporter group section) then no signs, flags, streamers for you... my seats are in 220 but now I stand on the north end beer patio yelling at the goalie.

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 02:01 PM
hmm... just stumbled across this.

Posted by someone named J. on another web forum.

Thanks Pedro, Im very pleased youre not acting like Boris who is pretending as though he won some great victory.

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21971

So, if you read that, am I an RPB lemming? Fuck their Kool-aid

This whole process is a joke and a means of keeping tabs on people. There was no flag threat, they are slowly implementing means of control so when they can, they will start weening out supporters they deem unfit.

You think Ass-salami will tolerate dissent, I doubt it.

and with that - GTFO you forked tongued snake

Dave67
04-21-2010, 02:03 PM

The banner I bring in weighs about 45 pounds. I usually carry it from Dufferin & Liberty. 100 more feet is nothing if it means dealing with the same people during the season and getting less hassles.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
yeah...sarcasm does NOT translate well on the net.

Rudi
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
So you stopped having fun before the first ever home game at BMO Field? :D

prizby
04-21-2010, 02:13 PM
not really our concern. I'm sure they were informed of the gate thing the same way we were, and are talking about it over on their board.

might be if they start bitching and moaning about it and then causing trouble in the line, which just means problems for us

BeerBaron95
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM

bahahahahaha... booked!!

J .
04-21-2010, 02:15 PM

Actually, on their board its Jdot, I know you love correcting people online for minor errors like that.

A few NEE'ers accused me of being an RPB lemming, which obviously I am not. And yes, I am not drinking the clic Kool-aid. I've my own thoughts, opinions and I am going to voice them on this public board as I see fit.

It seemed to be that Boris postured he resolved some conflict through working with the FO, when they simply told us what how it was going to happen and these problems have been pervasive for years now.

Anything else? What exactly was I forked tongue about?

Nothing. Thanks.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 02:20 PM
So you stopped having fun before the first ever home game at BMO Field? :D

Yes.

I knew what I was in for.

Alonso
04-21-2010, 02:25 PM

I agree, I'm sitting in 107 and would love to bring a flag in to wave at the appropriate moments, I'm in the last row so it's not like I'd bother anyone.

Gixmo
04-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Need more popcorn.

This is like Days of our Lives.

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
This is what Message Boards were made for. It's the wild west.

Who's Pedro?

AL-MO
04-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Actually, on their board its Jdot, I know you love correcting people online for minor errors like that.

A few NEE'ers accused me of being an RPB lemming, which obviously I am not. And yes, I am not drinking the clic Kool-aid. I've my own thoughts, opinions and I am going to voice them on this public board as I see fit.

It seemed to be that Boris postured he resolved some conflict through working with the FO, when they simply told us what how it was going to happen and these problems have been pervasive for years now.

Nothing. Thanks.

So in one post here you want to join, in another(on a different board) you talk shit about us?

:rolleyes:

I understand your concern. I am as sceptical as any but you aren't gaining any respect 'round here with posts like that.

Yeoman
04-21-2010, 02:30 PM
i'm making a banner that has gate 3b drawn on it, with it being crossed out.
to which, i will light on fire, to light my scooter on fire, and throw it on the pitch.

Boris
04-21-2010, 02:34 PM

In light of last weeks banner miscommunication phil and i have worked very hard over the past few days to come to a resolution with TFC. Following a meeting yesterday here is the news.

First off....There was no conspiracy because of ESPN or anti MOJO stuff. There is no censorship as well. Front Office felt horrible that these accusations were being made and wanted to ensure everyone that this is not the case.

here is part of an official email front front office that was sent to the leaders of ALL groups...

Basically, if you plan to bring a flag or banner to the game you must use this new supporters gate.

If yu have any questions im sure paul will be around on the min board as we are passing this message along.

You can always send any questions to me and i will forward them to FO.

Have a great day!

Boris and Phil

okay..where do i take credit for this?
where do i say i had a meeting with them?

I said there was a meeting...did i say i was there? NO I DIDNT

On friday, phil and i were on the phone with FO all day.
On Thursday as this was happening we were on the phone.
We alerted FO of the issue and spoke as supporters...as representatives of THIS group to ensure that this happen in the future.....

i take no credit for this nor would i....

out there for ALL to see.....

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM

Nothing. Thanks.

you still seem to think boris 'claimed victory' in a situation where he shouldn't have.

Well let's review then:

1 - the gates situation was totally fucked up.
2 - everyone complained.
3 - boris and phil has long talks with Paul and the FO and a new policy is in place.
(where the concerns of the supporters were explained to FO by boris and phil)
4 - that new policy has been put out for everyone to hear, via the messageboards
5 - people like you make opinions about it, and then challenge that boris and phil did any work.

and to make those statements (that are wrong) on another messgae board is just a dirty snake move.

:dita:

Gobi
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Thanks Boris and Phil for working this out with the FO.
I'm pretty sure walking an extra few feet won't kill anyone, especially to avoid hassles and not hold up the people behind us.

I'm sorry there are paranoid, delusional, complaining Internet Warriors in this world who love nothing more than to slag and diss everything in their path. Shame.

Proud to be
RPB!

Bluenose13
04-21-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm pretty sure walking an extra few feet won't kill anyone, especially to avoid hassles and not hold up the people behind us.

I'm sorry there are paranoid, delusional, complaining Internet Warriors in this world who love nothing more than to slag and diss everything in their path. Shame.

Proud to be
RPB!This :D

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Proud to be
RPB!

I think it's statements like this that can confuse the situation.

Reading this statement leads me to believe that the poster truly believes that the gate situation was resolved by the efforts of Boris, Phil, and the FO.

I belive Boris said that all they did was make ti known to the FO that the supporter group was not happy. The FO already had the stratergy in place.

At least thats how I see it. Feel free to correct me if I missed the point.

J .
04-21-2010, 02:44 PM
So in one post here you want to join, in another(on a different board) you talk shit about us?

:rolleyes:

I understand your concern. I am as sceptical as any but you aren't gaining any respect 'round here with posts like that.

Theres a difference between joining a group and following along with what certain people within that group says. I dont agree with how suporters are presented in our dealings with the FO, as if we have some control and I am not going to side with an opinon because of a majority or a minority of people view it a certain way.

Maybe I misunderstood what Boris said or his intentions. That happens. But as an individual who backs RPB and TFC, we deserve better than in year four the abuse security has pereptrated.

Parkdale has never liked me, thats fine. At least get my board name right. For him, if there is a dissenting opinion, you question anyone in his peer group, you are immediately cast out and flamed. He's the type to go behind your back, talk shit about you to security to try to get you kicked out. He did it at Shoes last saturday. Security had none of it, calmed the guy down and there was no need to violently remove anyone, as he wanted.

Fine.

I join to get the song lists, travel discounts and information about which gate to go to so I dont get beat on by security etc. Also, most of the people in the RPB can separate a difference of opinions and get along. Even the people I dont like, I can tolerate.

I stand by what I said, and anything Ill say here, Ill say in person.

Like me. Or don't. At least Im up front and honest. I'm not a snake or a rat.

Sonny Cheeba
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
who the fuck cares who did what or who said what?

they're passing on the message that flags and shit get checked in one spot to minimize the potential for any issues...

why is there a discussion on this? who cares? go to gate 3b if you have a flag or banner, go elsewhere if you don't.

thanks for posting the info. if only TFC would update their site for news like this.

Yeoman
04-21-2010, 02:46 PM
get em sonny!

Parkdale
04-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Parkdale has never liked me, thats fine. At least get my board name right. For him, if there is a dissenting opinion, you question anyone in his peer group, you are immediately cast out and flamed. He's the type to go behind your back, talk shit about you to security to try to get you kicked out. He did it at Shoes last saturday. Security had none of it, calmed the guy down and there was no need to violently remove anyone, as he wanted.

Fine.

you have no idea what's up.

who do you think hired the security guards? ME!
who contracted them in the first place? Me again

the guy you are talking about was beyond wasted, and Joe started the process to have the guy removed. I was on the patio for all of this. People got in between the security and the guy and talked it down. They didn't realize the issues we had in the past with the very same guy. Do you?

serisouly, you have no idea what happens in this group, and how much work some people put into things. It's very easy for you to makeup bullshit online. Have fun with that.

and as far as 'not liking you' .... maybe I don't even know you

LP The RPB
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I think it's statements like this that can confuse the situation.

Reading this statement leads me to believe that the poster truly believes that the gate situation was resolved by the efforts of Boris, Phil, and the FO.

I belive Boris said that all they did was make ti known to the FO that the supporter group was not happy. The FO already had the stratergy in place.

At least thats how I see it. Feel free to correct me if I missed the point.
Norman.....8 months & you make 1 post. All of a sudden you wake up today & decide you are an expert in everything. Stirring shit in all sorts of threads :rolleyes:

If you ask me this looks like a sock puppet with an agenda.

Come on now......Who are you ? :D

Alonso
This is what Message Boards were made for. It's the wild west.

Who's Pedro?

Pedro is the cofounder of the NEE Supporters group who sit in 127.

Parkdale
^ don't worry, we know 'Norm'.

Yeoman
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM
ah so parkdale is who i have to contact in MLSE for security co-ordination
my bad sir parkdale
now, authorize my scooter

Blizzard
04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

OK, who wants to tell him about the micro-chip? :facepalm:

NORMAN KRATES
04-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Norman.....8 months & you make 1 post. All of a sudden you wake up today & decide you are an expert in everything. Stirring shit in all sorts of threads :rolleyes:

If you ask me this looks like a sock puppet with an agenda.

Come on now......Who are you ? :D

I'm just saying read that poster's statement.

Then tell me how it sound's. I'm sorry if you think I'm stirring hsit up, I think I'm asking reasonable questions.

Sonny Cheeba
04-21-2010, 03:00 PM
gah. WHO CARES?

WHO THE FUCK CARES?!

Bluenose13
04-21-2010, 03:04 PM
gah. WHO CARES?

WHO THE FUCK CARES?!Good point!

With that this baby is closed......All the pertinant info is in the first post & the rest of this thread is probably not worth the read.

/Closed.