PDA

View Full Version : Um... where's Emmanuel Gomez?

Stryker
04-19-2010, 08:44 PM
He ain't here: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/toronto-fc
or here: http://www.mlssoccer.com/players/G

and I haven't seen him kickin around on any videos.

Let me guess.. the poor kid got injured so Mo quietly dumped him off at the side of the road some place?

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Hmm, I saw him in the recentish TFC TV video where they were trying on suits. I think he's still with the team. mlssoccer.com is uber glitchy.

MartinUtd
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
He was on the injury report for the Colorado game.

UltraSuperMegaMo
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
I think the next player to get the chop is probably Gala, hasn't dressed for a couple.

Stryker
04-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I think the next player to get the chop is probably Gala, hasn't dressed for a couple.
Who will then go on to play really well for another MLS team.

Krasno.pL.
04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
blew his knee out no?

Stryker
04-19-2010, 09:02 PM
blew his knee out no?
Thats what I'd heard yes.

Auzzy
04-19-2010, 09:22 PM
Gomez has been mentioned a bunch of times as injured (knee), on game reports, in interviews, etc. The web site sucks, forget about it.

I think we have about 24 players signed now. That's one of the very few good things to happen this season. Not everyone can even make it on the subs bench each game. They're not dumping everyone who isn't dressing for the game. It's called "depth" -- I know that's a foreign concept in TFC land after the last seasons with a thin roster. ;) (And yes, I know our "depth" is still quite shallow, but that's a different matter.)

Sure, there's a chance that some of those guys that are off the list week after week, get dumped or traded at some point. However, I think at this point, they all have a secure spot for the season, and their salary is guaranteed for the season, due to the new CBA -- right?

Around the time of the CBA completion, didn't they say something about a reserve league or similar concept re-starting?

grizzle
04-20-2010, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't go by much on those sites. They can't keep them up to date and there are so many errors all the time. For example, they still haven't updated the schedule to show the score from the last game and when I checked earlier for the Montreal game it was showing Toronto FC v Toronto FC (I was kinda excited because I figured that was one game we were guaranteed points but they fixed it now)

AL-MO
04-20-2010, 01:27 AM
blew his knee out no?

Thats what I'd heard yes.

Yep.

Shakes McQueen
04-20-2010, 02:12 AM
Yes, Gomez is out with a longer-term injury. He was featured in a segment on one of the various TFC GolTV shows, buying clothing or some nonsense. I didn't stay tuned in for very long, needless to say.

- Scott